Metabolic Research Center - MRC OCTOBER thread

View Full Version : MRC OCTOBER thread

aw82797
10-01-2012, 09:14 PM
lets start october off right :D

I weighed in today and was down 1.5 lbs from friday and that was with celebrating my daughters birthdays this past weekend :carrot: i feel very accomplished.

healthylady123
10-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Congrats aw!! I weighed in and I have lost 3 additional pounds since Friday. That's a total of 11 pounds by their scale 13 by mine this morning. Lost 5 in preconditioning and 6 or 8 depending on the scale in the last 8 days. I'm super stoked. This diet works. Oh and I got to sign the 10 pound board and I got my 10 pound bracelet.

ashly83
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
I've been doing good lost a few lbs but gained them back due to my eating and not taking my HNS's. I honestly thought this would be easy with the supplements but its not. I'm having a lot of negative thoughts about the program. My office seems too only care about selling to me than anything else.

meazie
10-02-2012, 10:56 AM
I've been doing good lost a few lbs but gained them back due to my eating and not taking my HNS's. I honestly thought this would be easy with the supplements but its not. I'm having a lot of negative thoughts about the program. My office seems too only care about selling to me than anything else.

It takes a bit to get in the rhythm of the program and you will have good days and bad days. I just try to get back on track again and recognize good choices, one at a time. Like this morning I really want a bagel & cream cheese (my comfort food)...but I'm having a protein bar and HNS instead. I want the weight loss and my health more than the other stuff.

Is there anyone else you can try talking to at your center - like the Manager? I kept seeing the same consultant and she was not motivating me. The Manager called to check in and I ended up meeting with her. My file is now marked with my preference not to see the other consultant.

Hope that helps... :hug:

rwquilts
10-02-2012, 11:18 AM

Don't be discouraged. I had my frustrations with consultants, but stuck with it and I'm now less than 10 lbs from my goal. It DOES work if you give it a chance.

Good job Angela and shord123

skelley331
10-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Congrats to all the losers LOL lbs that is!!

My October hasn't started off to good, last friday i weighed in and was down 2.5 lbs, the weekend went good, but monday was blah! I ended up getting OP big time but actually didn't gain this morning, hmmm? According to my scales i'm 17.6 lbs away from my goal but i'm really dragging this week staying on plan, i'm just tired of all the pills, drinks, etc. I'm wondering if I shouldnt do the pre-conditioning again for a week? Any thoughts, :?:

ashly83
10-02-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm hopeful and I know this system works. Its takes more dedication than I ever imagined. I will try to have my consultations with someone else from now on. I know that I can do this. No food, drink or person is going to hold me back including myself. I'm going to the gym now to refocus.

Good question, Would reconditioning be a good idea to sort of start over in a way?

Congrats to all the losers LOL lbs that is!!

My October hasn't started off to good, last friday i weighed in and was down 2.5 lbs, the weekend went good, but monday was blah! I ended up getting OP big time but actually didn't gain this morning, hmmm? According to my scales i'm 17.6 lbs away from my goal but i'm really dragging this week staying on plan, i'm just tired of all the pills, drinks, etc. I'm wondering if I shouldnt do the pre-conditioning again for a week? Any thoughts, :?:

notquittingthistime
10-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Skelley and Ashly - my preconditioning was not very different from what I am eating now. The only difference I can remember is that I did not have to control the portions. I think the reason so many lose a lot during conditioning is water and the difference in eating healthy. So if you have already been eating good, not sure it would help much. Just my opinion.

skelley331
10-02-2012, 03:59 PM
When i was doing the pre-conditioning i wasn't hungry at all but now i'm getting hungry between meals, my consultant goes thru my food journals every week and she tells me i'm doing everything right? My Pre-conditioning menu letsyou have a : starch, fruit, protein and vegetable t each meal, and you could have all the vegetables you want and could use them for in between meals as a snack. On the menu i'm doing now nothing between meals and only a fruit or a starch but not both.:?:

skelley331
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Skelley and Ashly - my preconditioning was not very different from what I am eating now. The only difference I can remember is that I did not have to control the portions. I think the reason so many lose a lot during conditioning is water and the difference in eating healthy. So if you have already been eating good, not sure it would help much. Just my opinion.

Yes you could be right, just not sure! thank you though i always love getting other opionions, kind a helps me see the light! LOL, i'm not giving up, it's just slow going but I guess as long as i get to my goal that's what i need to focus on. :carrot:

aw82797
10-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I also have a hard time with the nothing in between meals, sometimes you just want something, especially if others are snacking but I guess that's how I got in this situation anyways lol I did order some of the high protein snacks from diet direct cause I figure they have got to be better than other junk

cmarty
10-02-2012, 08:07 PM
:carrot: You girls are doing great shord and aw...keep it up!:carrot:

cmarty
10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
I hope to make it across the 150's line by Friday...Wish me luck! :carrot:

skelley331
10-02-2012, 08:55 PM
cmarty i'll keep my fingers crossed for you to cross over, you are doing awesome! I gained over the weekend so i'm back to 163.4, but i'm moving forward!!

skelley331
10-02-2012, 08:57 PM
I also have a hard time with the nothing in between meals, sometimes you just want something, especially if others are snacking but I guess that's how I got in this situation anyways lol I did order some of the high protein snacks from diet direct cause I figure they have got to be better than other junk

So do you eat the protein snack in between meals?

healthylady123
10-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I hope to make it across the 150's line by Friday...Wish me luck! :carrot:

Good luck Cmarty!! I'll be routing for you :cheer3: :cheer3:

healthylady123
10-02-2012, 10:40 PM
My goal for the next week is to get out of the 260s and into the 250s so 5 pounds bye bye.

aw82797
10-02-2012, 11:27 PM
So do you eat the protein snack in between meals?

I try not to make a habit of it but yes sometimes, they are wonderslim snack o's they have 12g carbs & 12g protein & are quite tasty (the sour cream & onion tastes like funions) & fill that "must have chips" void I haven't told my center that I do this though :^:

skelley331
10-03-2012, 11:07 AM
I try not to make a habit of it but yes sometimes, they are wonderslim snack o's they have 12g carbs & 12g protein & are quite tasty (the sour cream & onion tastes like funions) & fill that "must have chips" void I haven't told my center that I do this though :^:

oh i just ordered the cheese flavored ones, i get protein drinks from them and I also get their pancakes and i love them, i don't tell my center either, everything that wonderslim has is comparible to MRC and it's kinda the same program except on wonderslim you get more to eat. :carrot:

aw82797
10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
I ordered the cheese ones too they are very crunchy but don't have a lot of flavor but still ok, (I've ordered another kind/brand that I didn't like at all)

JenB72
10-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Wow! I took a little bit of time off the boards (health issues) and look at all the new faces!!!!

:welcome3:

We're happy to have you here! Best of luck on your journeys and don't be afraid to ask questions. We've been there, done that, and can help avoid the pitfalls that may arise along the way.

My biggest piece of advice...plan, plan, plan. That's the biggest thing that helped me get to my goal weight.

Enjoy the stay!

skelley331
10-03-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm hoping to get out of the 160's this week, i'm so close!!! I go weigh in saturday!!:rolleyes:

cmarty
10-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Skelley,

Which protein drinks do you buy at wonderslim? I 'd like to start purchasing mine there.

Good luck Shord and skelley!

skelley331
10-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Skelley,

Which protein drinks do you buy at wonderslim? I 'd like to start purchasing mine there.

Hi, I buy the wonderslim fruit drinks tangy orange and strawberry kiwi
and the chocolate cream pudding/shakes, the wonderslim pancakes, protein bars

skelley331
10-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Skelley,

the tangy orange to me tastes just like orange juice! I just ordered some today along with the wonderslim cheddar crunchers, they are like chips

healthylady123
10-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Yay!! I finally got my ticker.

aw82797
10-03-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm hoping to get out of the 160's this week, i'm so close!!! I go weigh in saturday!!:rolleyes:

you work toward getting out of the 160's & I'll work on getting out of the 270's. we can do it!!!!:D

aw82797
10-03-2012, 11:50 PM
I go weigh in on friday but I just wanted to let yall know that that Anatomy & Physiology 2 test that had me so stressed out last week, I got a 100! :D

meazie
10-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I go weigh in on friday but I just wanted to let yall know that that Anatomy & Physiology 2 test that had me so stressed out last week, I got a 100! :D

:cheer: Nice job on the A&P test!! That must be a huge relief.

healthylady123
10-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I weighed this morning on my scale and I was up 1 pound. I'm very nervous about tomorrow's weigh in. I've been strictly OP. Hoping the scale will be friendly to me tomorrow.

pam745
10-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Been a crazy couple of weeks - up 3 lbs after a very stressful weekend, then down 6 a week later, and yesterday back up 1.5. This is driving me crazy! We are leaving in the morning for Talladega for the weekend. I'm going to try and stay on plan as much as possible, but I know I will have lots of temptations. Packing my HNS, bars and will pick up some fresh fruit on the way!

ashly83
10-05-2012, 03:38 AM
What did you plan out?

Wow! I took a little bit of time off the boards (health issues) and look at all the new faces!!!!

:welcome3:

We're happy to have you here! Best of luck on your journeys and don't be afraid to ask questions. We've been there, done that, and can help avoid the pitfalls that may arise along the way.

My biggest piece of advice...plan, plan, plan. That's the biggest thing that helped me get to my goal weight.

Enjoy the stay!

ashly83
10-05-2012, 03:44 AM
I know how you feel. It frustrates me to see the scale do anything besides decrease. I'm packing my HNS everywhere I go now. Have a good weekend !

Been a crazy couple of weeks - up 3 lbs after a very stressful weekend, then down 6 a week later, and yesterday back up 1.5. This is driving me crazy! We are leaving in the morning for Talladega for the weekend. I'm going to try and stay on plan as much as possible, but I know I will have lots of temptations. Packing my HNS, bars and will pick up some fresh fruit on the way!

bigdog
10-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Pam. Definitely get in the HNSs. Every time I go vacation, I make sure I drink my HNSs and if it's food not on plan, I eat smaller quantities and try to eliminate the carbs ( for example w fried foods, take off the breading, for sandwiches or burgers, I throw away the bread...pizza- I blot it with paper towel and leave a lot of the crust. I do get the thin crust veggie pizza and pile on the veggies ;)
I usually mix the fruit in with my Syntrax protein mix. Frozen strawberries w the vanilla bean torte is so good!!! In my GE mini blender. Just like a strawberry shake

Cut up veggies in ziplock bags are great to have on hand and cubed cheese ....and lots of water!

Good luck everyone and happy Friday!!

JenB72
10-05-2012, 09:45 AM
What did you plan out?

First, my HNS & supplements. I have a set of Ziploc baggies which I have used forever and each one is marked for a day of the week. Then, I found little pill pouches at Wal-Mart (I've seen them in drugstores too). They're 50 pouches for $2. I only needed 21 of them, though. 3 baggies for each day of the week. I put the supplements that I would need at breakfast, lunch, and dinner into each pouch. Drop those 3 pouches, along with my HNS packets into the Ziploc and I was set for the day. I would prepare this once a week for the entire week. Then, all I needed to do was grab my bag for the day and through it in my purse. I wouldn't have to be worried about being caught without something. Plus, if the baggie is empty at the end of the day, I know I nailed it. (I'm attaching pics).

Next, water. I have a large cup on my desk (52 oz.) that I use for water. Fill it up 2 times and then I know I've got all my water in.

Food takes careful planning. If you can, plan your meals for the week...breakfast, lunch, and dinner. People tend to "cheat" when they're tired, hungry, etc., and go for the easiest thing available to them. I pack my breakfast and lunch the night before and put it in the fridge. Mornings are hectic in my house, so this takes the stress out of it. Dinners are decided by the morning of, at the latest, so I don't stress over it when I come home. For instance, I moved my ground turkey from the freezer to the fridge this morning. It's Turkey Taco Night (completely OP)!!! ;) I also prepare my grocery lists and stick to it. If I don't bring "junk" into the house, I won't eat it.

Finally, I keep a bottle of Fat & Carb Blockers in my purse at all times. If I'm going to a restaurant, I take them about 30 minutes before. The F&C Blockers don't give me freedom to go crazy and eat a plate of cheese fries. That's not what they do. Instead, they block about 30% of the F&C of a normal MRC approved meal out. If I'm eating OP, why take them? Because although you may give the waiter strict instructions on prep (no seasonings/salt, no butter, grilled, etc.), it may still have a higher F/C content then if I prepared it at home. This helps compensate for the unknown.

I hope this helps some and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

meazie
10-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I :val1: you, Jen! Those are all AWESOME tips. I try to plan and think I do ok...but you have to down to an art. :)

JenB72
10-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I :val1: you, Jen! Those are all AWESOME tips. I try to plan and think I do ok...but you have to down to an art. :)

LOL Thanks! You don't get to goal without learning a few things along the way. ;)

cmarty
10-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Jen, Thanks for all the great ideas! Do you think cortitrim helped you to lose weight?

Well, ya'll are not going to believe this...but when I weighed in the scale went to 159 and then quickly changed back to 160...so I guess I didn't make it to the 150s this week but I'm sure I'll make it next week..I only lost a pound but I'm having a few female problems this week. That might have something to do with it! It is discourging when you lose only a pound. But, still...I'm not giving up!

skelley331
10-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Jen, Thanks for all the great ideas! Do you think cortitrim helped you to lose weight?

Well, ya'll are not going to believe this...but when I weighed in the scale went to 159 and then quickly changed back to 160...so I guess I didn't make it to the 150s this week but I'm sure I'll make it next week..I only lost a pound but I'm having a few female problems this week. That might have something to do with it! It is discourging when you lose only a pound. But, still...I'm not giving up!

Cmarty: that happens to me all the time when i weigh in at the center, it's frustrating enough that i always weigh about 2lbs more there. I'm suppose to go weigh in tomorrow but not sure if i'm going, had a rough week, had to put my long time friend of 15 1/2 years to sleep thursday, my dog Bauer, but he's not suffering anymore, i've not done too good since yesterday.
congrats on your 1lb loss, at least it's a loss!! You will get to the 150's next week, i'm hoping to also, maybe we can do it together.

healthylady123
10-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Well I stayed the same during weigh in today. So that's 3 pounds for the week. I'm so hoping for 250s next week. I guess we will have to see...sigh.

Thanks for all the good tips Jen!

cmarty
10-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Skelley,
Thanks for the encouragement. I know I'm not running the fastest rate. But, the most important thing is that we finish the race!
SO sorry to hear about your dog...they are really part of the family!

Hawaii6
10-06-2012, 11:25 AM
What is wonderslim?

JenB72
10-06-2012, 03:39 PM

Absolutely! Corti-Trim is my fav supplement of any of them. When I started back on MRC, it was post-pregnancy. I totally credit Corti-Trim with helping me get rid of my baby belly. I've had several people comment to me that I don't look like I've had a baby. Gotta love that!

skelley331
10-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Skelley,
Thanks for the encouragement. I know I'm not running the fastest rate. But, the most important thing is that we finish the race!
SO sorry to hear about your dog...they are really part of the family!

I totally agree, and we will finish this race! Thank you, it's been hard not having him around but he's in a better place!

skelley331
10-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I second that on cortitrim, I love it also, my belly is flat and my stress level is way low!

skelley331
10-06-2012, 04:49 PM
What is wonderslim?

wonderslim is similar to MRC but you can have more foods!
Go to www.proteinshop.com and check out some of their items, i buy the wonderslim pancakes, orange protein fruit drink and the kiwi, plus their meal replacement bars, then on walden farms i buy their pancake syrup 0 calories, 0 everything, and their ranch dressing! They aren't on plan but it's all protein, low fat just like MRC.

dkdaisybutters
10-07-2012, 08:43 PM
First, my HNS & supplements. I have a set of Ziploc baggies which I have used forever and each one is marked for a day of the week. Then, I found little pill pouches at Wal-Mart (I've seen them in drugstores too). They're 50 pouches for $2. I only needed 21 of them, though. 3 baggies for each day of the week. I put the supplements that I would need at breakfast, lunch, and dinner into each pouch. Drop those 3 pouches, along with my HNS packets into the Ziploc and I was set for the day. I would prepare this once a week for the entire week. Then, all I needed to do was grab my bag for the day and through it in my purse. I wouldn't have to be worried about being caught without something. Plus, if the baggie is empty at the end of the day, I know I nailed it. (I'm attaching pics).

Next, water. I have a large cup on my desk (52 oz.) that I use for water. Fill it up 2 times and then I know I've got all my water in.

Food takes careful planning. If you can, plan your meals for the week...breakfast, lunch, and dinner. People tend to "cheat" when they're tired, hungry, etc., and go for the easiest thing available to them. I pack my breakfast and lunch the night before and put it in the fridge. Mornings are hectic in my house, so this takes the stress out of it. Dinners are decided by the morning of, at the latest, so I don't stress over it when I come home. For instance, I moved my ground turkey from the freezer to the fridge this morning. It's Turkey Taco Night (completely OP)!!! ;) I also prepare my grocery lists and stick to it. If I don't bring "junk" into the house, I won't eat it.

Finally, I keep a bottle of Fat & Carb Blockers in my purse at all times. If I'm going to a restaurant, I take them about 30 minutes before. The F&C Blockers don't give me freedom to go crazy and eat a plate of cheese fries. That's not what they do. Instead, they block about 30% of the F&C of a normal MRC approved meal out. If I'm eating OP, why take them? Because although you may give the waiter strict instructions on prep (no seasonings/salt, no butter, grilled, etc.), it may still have a higher F/C content then if I prepared it at home. This helps compensate for the unknown.

I hope this helps some and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Wow!! I never knew that about the carb blockers, I always just thought they were if you cheated but I never thought about if you ate OP at a restaurant.. but you are right, we don't know what we get even if we ask it one way because we can't see all the steps that the cooks do! Great advice, thank you!

skelley331
10-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Hello to all!! Well my weekend started off really good, still a little sad and missing my dog!! This morning I got up and had my breakfast and then later today it all went down hill, got off plan with junk food and i want to smack myself but i'm not and I will get up tomorrow morning and get back on plan because i go this friday to weigh in and i'm shooting for under 160!!! :dust::dust:

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

patzi
10-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I have found BariWise and ProtiDiet the closest to MRC if one is going to substitute what we are allowed on MRC. All my gel HNS are ProtiDiet. I buy them from Diet DIrect, mostly, or whoever has the best price. My replacement shakes are BariWise.

Congrats to all that have lost weight.

Patzi

meazie
10-08-2012, 11:35 AM
I have found BariWise and ProtiDiet the closest to MRC if one is going to substitute what we are allowed on MRC. All my gel HNS are ProtiDiet. I buy them from Diet DIrect, mostly, or whoever has the best price. My replacement shakes are BariWise.

Good to know about BariWise as well. Sometimes they have good sales. I got several boxes of the Berry Smoothie for $8/box last month. Gotta save $$ where you can. ;)

healthylady123
10-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Today is weigh in day. Wish me luck. I've been very active this past week so hopefully that will help me move into the 250's. I will be reporting back this evening with the results. Hopefully it will be good news. I've been strictly OP.

skelley331
10-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Today is weigh in day. Wish me luck. I've been very active this past week so hopefully that will help me move into the 250's. I will be reporting back this evening with the results. Hopefully it will be good news. I've been strictly OP.

goodluck!!!! :carrot:

meazie
10-09-2012, 01:14 PM

Great job staying OP!!

I'm getting back on track after a weekend totally off program. I just kinda gave up for a few days...not the right attitude I know. :( Gained 3 lbs because of it. But today's a new day and I'm starting again.

skelley331
10-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Great job staying OP!!

I'm getting back on track after a weekend totally off program. I just kinda gave up for a few days...not the right attitude I know. :( Gained 3 lbs because of it. But today's a new day and I'm starting again.

I know what you mean, i went totally off over the weekend also, had a rough day last thursday, had to put my dog to sleep but i'm getting better and i'm back on track now and i weigh in friday, so we'll see what happens. Hang in there!!:carrot:

healthylady123
10-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks guys for the good luck. Unfortunately I stayed the exact same weight. I'm going to keep pushing forward and drink plenty of water and stick to chicken and fish and see what happens on Friday.

healthylady123
10-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Great job staying OP!!

Hang in there meazie!!! We can do this. We owe it to ourselves to become healthier. Lets keep moving forward.

meazie
10-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Hang in there meazie!!! We can do this. We owe it to ourselves to become healthier. Lets keep moving forward.

Thanks for the pick-me-up :) I was totally OP yesterday and dropped those nasty 3 lbs...likely a lot of water retention from the bad foods. Now to stay on track and get out of the 200's. That's my big goal in the next few weeks!

skelley331
10-10-2012, 01:47 PM
I go weigh in friday!! I've been totally op since monday so i'm anxious to see how it goes. I'm feeling pretty good that i will go under 160 but if not as long as i lose i will be fine. :cheer3::goodluck: to everyone

skelley331
10-10-2012, 01:48 PM
:bravo:Thanks for the pick-me-up :) I was totally OP yesterday and dropped those nasty 3 lbs...likely a lot of water retention from the bad foods. Now to stay on track and get out of the 200's. That's my big goal in the next few weeks!

Yeah for dumping those nasty 3lbs!! Good for you!! :bravo::cp:

healthylady123
10-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Good luck Skelley!!! Congrats on getting those 3 pounds off Meazie!!! Wooohooo lets keep it going guys!

meazie
10-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Found a walking buddy at work and we did a 30 min brisk walk during our lunch break yesterday. It was a great energizer too! I've got my tennis shoes under my desk now so we can walk a few days/week. She had a baby a few months ago and is trying to lose weight from that. :)

skelley331
10-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Found a walking buddy at work and we did a 30 min brisk walk during our lunch break yesterday. It was a great energizer too! I've got my tennis shoes under my desk now so we can walk a few days/week. She had a baby a few months ago and is trying to lose weight from that. :)

Meazie that's awesome! my office is next to a big cemetary and there are tons of people who walk it everyday, i'm thinking of bringing my tennis shoes here to the office and walk also, would be a great exercise. Good for you! :bravo:

meazie
10-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Meazie that's awesome! my office is next to a big cemetary and there are tons of people who walk it everyday, i'm thinking of bringing my tennis shoes here to the office and walk also, would be a great exercise. Good for you! :bravo:

I think that's a great idea! I work at a community college and there is a nature walk behind campus so we walked that loop twice. I picked up a pair of cheap shoes on clearance at TJ Maxx so I can leave them here. :)

skelley331
10-11-2012, 09:50 PM
I think that's a great idea! I work at a community college and there is a nature walk behind campus so we walked that loop twice. I picked up a pair of cheap shoes on clearance at TJ Maxx so I can leave them here. :)

Good idea, i'll check on some cheap shoes thanks:carrot:

skelley331
10-12-2012, 01:16 PM
YEAH I WEIGHED IN THIS MORNING AND WAS DOWN 2.5lbs , THEY MEASURED ME ALSO AND I'VE LOST 19 1/2" :carrot: I'm stoked, i finally broke the 160's and lost more than 1lb in a week!!! BMI 25.1 yeah!! almost a healthy one!!:cp::cp::dancer::dancer:

meazie
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
YEAH I WEIGHED IN THIS MORNING AND WAS DOWN 2.5lbs , THEY MEASURED ME ALSO AND I'VE LOST 19 1/2" :carrot: I'm stoked, i finally broke the 160's and lost more than 1lb in a week!!! BMI 25.1 yeah!! almost a healthy one!!:cp::cp::dancer::dancer:

AWESOME!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

lovetofishandrun
10-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Way to go skelly331. Hope the rest of you had a successful week. I dropped 1.5 lbs. this last week which was my last week on stabilization. I will get maintenance plan next week. Running Firefighters for the Cure 5K in morn :running:. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

cmarty
10-12-2012, 04:40 PM
:carrot:
Congrats Skelley and love to fish and run!:carrot:

I lost a pound and a half this week.:carrot::carrot: Losing weight has slowed down for me! I have to start back excerising. I think it helps me to lose and extra half to whole pound a week. I'll let you know if this theory is true next week.
I really want to be in the 140s by Thanksgiving and 130s by Christmas! That means I have to lose a least 2 pounds a week... Any suggestions! I am staying OP....what else can I do.

I am feeling great though.

skelley331
10-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Way to go skelly331. Hope the rest of you had a successful week. I dropped 1.5 lbs. this l:carrot:ast week which was my last week on stabilization. I will get maintenance plan next week. Running Firefighters for the Cure 5K in morn :running:. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks lovetofishandrun, and congrats on going onto maintenance, the rest of us will be there soon!!!

skelley331
10-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Congrats Skelley and love to fish and run!:carrot:

I lost a pound and a half this week.:carrot::carrot: Losing weight has slowed down for me! I have to start back excerising. I think it helps me to lose and extra half to whole pound a week. I'll let you know if this theory is true next week.
I really want to be in the 140s by Thanksgiving and 130s by Christmas! That means I have to lose a least 2 pounds a week... Any suggestions! I am staying OP....what else can I do.

I am feeling great though.

Hey cmarty congrats on your loss, we are doing it right??? you surpassed me by 1 lb good job! My weight loss slowed down for me as well, but for some reason this week it started melting off again, only thing i did different is drank more water, stayed OP and i added the MRC fruit & Fiber to my dinner menu, so now i drink three a day!! Hope next week will be as big as my loss this week!!! :)

cmarty
10-12-2012, 09:30 PM
We're getting there Skelley! I think as long as we make it to the finish line...we will appreciate the rewards of our labor! Keep it up girl!:carrot:

healthylady123
10-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Bye bye plateau. You don't live here anymore. Down 3 pounds at weigh in today.

raven59
10-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

I had great success with MRC a few years ago, but never completed the stabilation and maintenance pieces and the weight slipped back on. Since then I find the I am constantly "trying" to lose the weight. I follow MRC, lose a couple pounds, go off plan for a day or two or three and regain. It's a yo-yo and I'm tired of it.

I have been doing a lot of exercise, trained for and completed Cycle Oregon (averaged 70-80 miles per day for 6 days) and still the scale didn't budge.

MRC is the only plan that ever worked for me, but it is clear that at least for me, it's got to be 100% OP every day. My metabolism appears to be so efficient that off plan eating derails the weight loss. Even with exercise.

So I'm commiting to staying on plan each and every day. Sharing this commitment with all of you will help me stay on track.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing in the weight loss journey.

Wishing everyone a great "on plan" day. I had a great on plan breakfast and now it's off to do Power 90. :carrot:

skelley331
10-13-2012, 04:34 PM
We're getting there Skelley! I think as long as we make it to the finish line...we will appreciate the rewards of our labor! Keep it up girl!:carrot:

Cmarty: thanks and yes we will make it to the finish line!!! :carrot:

skelley331
10-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

I had great success with MRC a few years ago, but never completed the stabilation and maintenance pieces and the weight slipped back on. Since then I find the I am constantly "trying" to lose the weight. I follow MRC, lose a couple pounds, go off plan for a day or two or three and regain. It's a yo-yo and I'm tired of it.

I have been doing a lot of exercise, trained for and completed Cycle Oregon (averaged 70-80 miles per day for 6 days) and still the scale didn't budge.

MRC is the only plan that ever worked for me, but it is clear that at least for me, it's got to be 100% OP every day. My metabolism appears to be so efficient that off plan eating derails the weight loss. Even with exercise.

So I'm commiting to staying on plan each and every day. Sharing this commitment with all of you will help me stay on track.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing in the weight loss journey.

Wishing everyone a great "on plan" day. I had a great on plan breakfast and now it's off to do Power 90. :carrot:

Raven59: welcome back, yes we have all detrailed at one point and time but always get back on, this thread is awesome and have alot of great people and support! You can do this, we are here to provide support!!

raven59
10-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks, Skelley for the warm welcome.

Yesterday was my first completely on plan day and what a great win for me to get through a full day with no little extras.

So far so good today.

skelley331
10-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks, Skelley for the warm welcome.

Yesterday was my first completely on plan day and what a great win for me to get through a full day with no little extras.

So far so good today.

good job, remember one day at a time :)

raven59
10-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Today begins day 4 of staying completely on plan. Yipee...ketosis here I come :)

ladywest
10-16-2012, 08:16 PM
How do you stay on the plan, I started out great and lately not so good. I lose 2 and gain 1 on the next weigh-in. I feel really off. It's the weekend when hubby is home that's a struggle. Suggestions?

dkdaisybutters
10-16-2012, 08:52 PM
How do you stay on the plan, I started out great and lately not so good. I lose 2 and gain 1 on the next weigh-in. I feel really off. It's the weekend when hubby is home that's a struggle. Suggestions?

I used to want to do the same thing when my fiance is home! Here's some tips that I have learned. I'm sure that your hubby knows that you are on the diet, when I want to cheat mine always talks me out of it. He is the one that helps me get through those times of cravings so make sure you express to him that it is really important for his support and what he needs to do exactly to help you stay on track. If my fiance eats something that I can't have and that I want I ask him how it is and he says, "it's ok.." I know he is lying to make me feel better but at the time it really does help me stay on track for some reason. Also, we make meals at home most the time rather than going out to eat because then I'm not even tempted to cheat. Plus, we make meals that both of us are going to enjoy and is still on my plan. If we do end up eating out i don't even look at what he got or ask him what he is getting because I know I will then want whatever he's got or something else that's not on my plan. Before we go out to eat I try to look up an online menu and decide exactly what I am getting and how to order it that way there is no last minute wanting to cheat. These things help me and maybe you do some or all of these already but if not maybe some of these tips will help! :)

ladywest
10-16-2012, 09:02 PM
I used to want to do the same thing when my fiance is home! Here's some tips that I have learned. I'm sure that your hubby knows that you are on the diet, when I want to cheat mine always talks me out of it. He is the one that helps me get through those times of cravings so make sure you express to him that it is really important for his support and what he needs to do exactly to help you stay on track. If my fiance eats something that I can't have and that I want I ask him how it is and he says, "it's ok.." I know he is lying to make me feel better but at the time it really does help me stay on track for some reason. Also, we make meals at home most the time rather than going out to eat because then I'm not even tempted to cheat. Plus, we make meals that both of us are going to enjoy and is still on my plan. If we do end up eating out i don't even look at what he got or ask him what he is getting because I know I will then want whatever he's got or something else that's not on my plan. Before we go out to eat I try to look up an online menu and decide exactly what I am getting and how to order it that way there is no last minute wanting to cheat. These things help me and maybe you do some or all of these already but if not maybe some of these tips will help! :)

My hubby has to order pizza on Friday nights and Chinese or some type of delivery on Sunday nite. The pizza is no problem, don't care for it that much, it's the rest of the weekend, it seems like there isn't any organization. He supports me on being on the program but still have to keep snacks in the house on weekends for him. :?:

dkdaisybutters
10-16-2012, 09:24 PM
My hubby has to order pizza on Friday nights and Chinese or some type of delivery on Sunday nite. The pizza is no problem, don't care for it that much, it's the rest of the weekend, it seems like there isn't any organization. He supports me on being on the program but still have to keep snacks in the house on weekends for him. :?:

Make sure you yourself plans every meal and no matter what that is what YOU are going to eat. Make things ahead of time to help because I know sometimes I get lazy and don't want to cook and that's when I will cheat. One meal that I don't feel exactly like I'm on plan is the taco bake that is in the recipes on this tread, I don't know if it is in the cookbook or not. We can have mccormicks low sodium taco seasoning so I use that instead of the tomato supplement because I don't like that. Or just make some taco meat with green pepper, onions, green chiles, etc. and have a taco with your lettuce, tomato, green onions, whatever on top. This way you don't feel like ugh, chicken and veggies againnnn haha. Always hide leftovers in the back of the fridge where you won't see them and snacks where you won't see them in a cupboard if you can. You could make up some MRC pudding ahead of time and put it in the fridge that way if he has a snack you can grab that quick for your snack. Hard boiled eggs and 1 oz of cheese are also good snacks if you have to have one when he is having one, just something protein and not carbs if you don't feel like a protein drink.

healthylady123
10-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Down 2 more pounds at weigh in today and into the 250's. Now to get into the 240's.

meazie
10-17-2012, 11:42 AM
I did a little experiment this morning. I had to be late to work this morning but I went to my center right when they opened at 9am...no breakfast, no HNS. I weighed myself at home on my scale in the clothes I was wearing.

Ah HAH!!!! FINALLY my scale matched theirs. I told the Manager that I had been avoiding coming in because I can only come after work or on my lunch hour and the scale is so different than at home that it becomes demotivating. She told me she is in most days by 8:15 and just to call the day before so she knows to expect me and she'll meet with me early.:)

skelley331
10-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Down 2 more pounds at weigh in today and into the 250's. Now to get into the 240's.

congrats on your loss!!! :bravo:

skelley331
10-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I did a little experiment this morning. I had to be late to work this morning but I went to my center right when they opened at 9am...no breakfast, no HNS. I weighed myself at home on my scale in the clothes I was wearing.

Ah HAH!!!! FINALLY my scale matched theirs. I told the Manager that I had been avoiding coming in because I can only come after work or on my lunch hour and the scale is so different than at home that it becomes demotivating. She told me she is in most days by 8:15 and just to call the day before so she knows to expect me and she'll meet with me early.:)

Awesome news! I weigh at home with clothes on, no breakfast, no HNS and the center scales still show 1 lb over what i weigh at home, but i did find out they had me down at 5'6 and i'm 5'7 because last time i weighed in they did my body fat and bmi and my bmi at home said 25.1 and they showed 26.1 and thats when we found out they had my height wrong so my body fat they showed at 40% and it was actually 38.9%

healthylady123
10-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Awesome news! I weigh at home with clothes on, no breakfast, no HNS and the center scales still show 1 lb over what i weigh at home, but i did find out they had me down at 5'6 and i'm 5'7 because last time i weighed in they did my body fat and bmi and my bmi at home said 25.1 and they showed 26.1 and thats when we found out they had my height wrong so my body fat they showed at 40% and it was actually 38.9%

Thanks Skelley! That's great that your body fat is below 40%. Keep it up. You are doing great:carrot:

skelley331
10-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks shord123: this morning I weighed myself and my BMI is 25.0 and body fat 36.8% YEAH!!!!:carrot:

ladywest
10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Down 3.5 pds at weigh-in yesterday!! Good to see it go down again.

cmarty
10-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Congrats Ladywest...keep up the good work!:carrot:

meazie
10-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Yay to everyone for their losses! Seems like a good week all around! :cheer:

I weighed at home this morning and dropped 1.5 lbs since yesterday. Rare for me, but I'll take it! My tends to do that...take all week to show a loss and then it's a nice amount.

My goal is get to Onderland buy Nov 1st...only 4.5 lbs away! I've got to try and can stay on track during girls get away weekend. I helped plan the food so I know there will be things I can eat...but I really want a glass or two of wine! We'll be hiking a lot so maybe I'll be ok.

skelley331
10-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Down 3.5 pds at weigh-in yesterday!! Good to see it go down again.

Yah! congrats!! nice job:carrot::carrot:

skelley331
10-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Yay to everyone for their losses! Seems like a good week all around! :cheer:

I weighed at home this morning and dropped 1.5 lbs since yesterday. Rare for me, but I'll take it! My tends to do that...take all week to show a loss and then it's a nice amount.

My goal is get to Onderland buy Nov 1st...only 4.5 lbs away! I've got to try and can stay on track during girls get away weekend. I helped plan the food so I know there will be things I can eat...but I really want a glass or two of wine! We'll be hiking a lot so maybe I'll be ok.

Yah on your loss, i go saturday to weigh in, i think it will be a good one!! Will post results afterwards !!!:carrot::carrot:

raven59
10-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Congrats to everyone on their losses. I can't wait to post a loss, too. Today is day 7 staying on plan and ugh! the scale actually went up 2 lbs yesterday and back down to the weight is was a week ago, sigh...

Probably one of those nasty plateaus. This is actually making me more dilligent about staying 100 % on plan. I know this program works, if followed, so I plan to be stubborn. The scale will have to budge eventually, won't it??

cmarty
10-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Raven,

Don't you hate it when that nasty scale plays tricks on us. It will bounce backwards soon.

I lost a pound and a half this week. I have also lost 34 inches...I am having better luck on that! I exercised more and drank more water. I just dont understand why I cant lose more, ... faster! At this rate I might finish by next year this time. My counselor said not to overdo the exercise but i think Im gonna step in up this week and see what happens..I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT WEIGHT! I want to reach my Thanksgiving goal weight!

cmarty
10-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Jen, Patsy or anyone having great success with MRC...
I know you have been successful on this program and I just wanted to ask you a question. I am only losing a pound to a pound and a half a week. I am wondering what you averaged..maybe I am doing something wrong..I just started back my exercising this week...maybe I should crank it up a little..also, I know I dont really drink enough water How important is that? I probably get in 30oz..I am a teacher so it hard to leave the classroom to keep going to the restroom...and I judge the 4oz portions instead of measuring..do you think this might be my problem? or is this normal? I am 157 now but I am really wanting to lose before Thanksgiving and Christmas..Can you give any advice?

patzi
10-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Jen, Patsy or anyone having great success with MRC...
I know you have been successful on this program and I just wanted to ask you a question. I am only losing a pound to a pound and a half a week. I am wondering what you averaged..maybe I am doing something wrong..I just started back my exercising this week...maybe I should crank it up a little..also, I know I dont really drink enough water How important is that? I probably get in 30oz..I am a teacher so it hard to leave the classroom to keep going to the restroom...and I judge the 4oz portions instead of measuring..do you think this might be my problem? or is this normal? I am 157 now but I am really wanting to lose before Thanksgiving and Christmas..Can you give any advice?
Hi....
I lost very slowly. I had a joke while I was losing, I would say I lost a seed this week.. There were times I only lost .2 pounds. If I lost 1 pound a week, that was good for me , then there were times, and many times were I would run into a plateau and not lose for a few weeks. But trust me when I tell you, it will eventually all come off. Some lose slower than others. I think 1 1/2 pounds a week is great and I bet it is average for you.. as long as you are losing, that is the main thing. This is not a fast weight loss program, but a sure to lose weight program and a good one, if one stays on program and is dedicated to losing weight.. I personally do not think you are doing anything wrong. I work, and if I am at a meeting hard to judge whether it is 4 oz, but do the best you can, and if you stay on program you will be a winner. I try to drink 64 oz. of water a day, but there are days, I cannot drink water, as I can't keep leaving a meeting to go to the bathroom, so it is less. But when I am in my business and on weekends, i do drink 64 oz. of water a day.
I hope this helps you some, and be positive of your weight loss no matter how little it is, and pat yourself on back that you are doing well, as you are.

Patzi

cmarty
10-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks Patsy!

You lifted my spirit tonight! I was feeling a little down and out... I feel better!

I 'll just keep on keeping on..until I win this battle! I have about 30 more pounds to go!..I;m half way there by George! LOL

Any way thanks for the encouragement...it helps to hear from someone who has been there!

skelley331
10-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks Patsy!

You lifted my spirit tonight! I was feeling a little down and out... I feel better!

I 'll just keep on keeping on..until I win this battle! I have about 30 more pounds to go!..I;m half way there by George! LOL

Any way thanks for the encouragement...it helps to hear from someone who has been there!

cmarty: we are so similar in our journey, i too only lose 1 to 1 1/2 lbs, but once in awhile i get a surprise and maybe lose 2.5lbs, i've noticed that's when i've done my 15-20 mins of walking away the pounds dvd. I drink at least 84-100 oz of water a day and i'm wondering if i may be retaining water. I go tomorrow to weigh in so we'll see how it goes this wk. Last week was a big loss. I've been op all week and i've did my walking every night but monday, but i was off and did clean my house. :carrot::carrot:
Remember we will get there!

cmarty
10-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks Skelley...Good luck on your weigh in today...Let us know.

healthylady123
10-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Great job everyone with their weight loss this week. Down another pound at weigh in for a 3 pound loss for the week. I'm so excited. Hopefully I get to sign the 20 pound board next week.

skelley331
10-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Well i weighed in this morning at the MRC Center down 2.5 lbs for the week!! YAY!!! :carrot: And for once when i went in to weigh their scale matched mine at home finally!!!

raven59
10-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Hooray for the losses! Great job.

My scale finally budged 1/2 lb. down. It might only be due to the fact that I have a nasty cold and didn't eat much for dinner last night, just an on plan shake, but I'll take it :) Here's to hoping the plateau is over.

Lots of tea and water for me today to flush this bug, yuk!

patzi
10-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks Patsy!

My pleasure.. Any time you need advice, please ask me..If I don't get to you right away, also leave message up at the maintenance forum, as I frequent there, more than I do here..
Patzi

cmarty
10-20-2012, 03:13 PM
:carrot::carrot:Congrats!!! Skelley, Raven, and Shord!

JodiH
10-20-2012, 09:09 PM
cmarty, my loss has been a slow journey, too. But, finally this week I actually lost 2 1/2 pounds. I also am a teacher and I understand about the water, but, for me, if I do not drink 80 - 100 oz of water, I do not lose. I drink a lot during breakfast and on my way to work, during lunch and as soon as school is out I start chugging the water. It has become such a habit that if i do't get in that much I am very thirsty. I have always heard that a slow loss means you will be more apt to keep it off. So, keep up your spirits and your losses will come!

cmarty
10-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks Jodi..I have increased my water intake. I drink and big water on the way to work. I think I'll just have to drink at least 40 oz. after work. I have also increased my exercise routine to include running. I am hoping that this will make a difference! I have started off on the right foot this week. We are on break for few days so I have more time to put my plan in action. :carrot:

Have a great week!

raven59
10-22-2012, 04:40 PM
The scale FINALLY budged...down 1.5 lbs. Hooray!! It pays to stay on plan :)

cmarty
10-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Yeh, Raven...You go girl!:carrot:

cmarty
10-22-2012, 05:59 PM
It is painful to keep drinking so much water! I am honestly trying 64 oz. a day. Always having to go is annoying.
:yikes:

This will pay off...this will pay off...this will pay off:goodscale

skelley331
10-22-2012, 08:35 PM
The scale FINALLY budged...down 1.5 lbs. Hooray!! It pays to stay on plan :)

Aweome job!!! :bravo:

skelley331
10-22-2012, 08:36 PM
It is painful to keep drinking so much water! I am honestly trying 64 oz. a day. Always having to go is annoying.
:yikes:

This will pay off...this will pay off...this will pay off:goodscale

It was alot easier for me when it was warm/hot outside, but now that cold weather is coming it's been slow. I'm having a bad day today, but will get back on track tomorrow! So close and it seems so far away :(

JBrink
10-23-2012, 02:50 PM
I weighed in last Friday and lost 2 lbs...so I'm down 7.5 in the first two weeks of the plan, not too shabby I guess?

However, I totally jumped off the plan this weekend, it was just one of those weekends where my husband was home, my step-kids were at their mom's and I just wanted a vodka diet and some pizza.

I haven't seen anything here or heard anyone at my center mention alcohol. Based off of every other diet I've ever been on, it's probably a no-no. But, does anyone have any info they can share?

rwquilts
10-23-2012, 02:53 PM
When I was planning to attend my 40 year class reunion I was told I could have a wine spritzer. That's wine with seltzer water. I had 2 of them Friday night and 2 Saturday night and I lost 2.5 lbs at the next weigh in. I did drink copious quantities of water.

JBrink
10-23-2012, 03:27 PM
When I was planning to attend my 40 year class reunion I was told I could have a wine spritzer. That's wine with seltzer water. I had 2 of them Friday night and 2 Saturday night and I lost 2.5 lbs at the next weigh in. I did drink copious quantities of water.

Thanks RW!

cmarty
10-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Well, today was the first weigh I had in which I didnt lose weight. I was rather disappointed. I had started drinking more water and had exercised everyday. This time I did more intense exercise.I started running and working out with weights. My couselor said that your body will go in to starvation mode if you exercise too much. So I decided to reward myself with 3 ritz crackers since I have worked extra hard this week for nothing. I 'm having a pity party...but Im going to get over it soon and try to stay on track anyway.

I have been getting lots of great compliments about my weight loss at work, though. It is just so frustrating when you know you've worked hard and it doesnt pay off that week!:woops::running::barbell:
Next week I'll slow my exercise and just be happy with a pound or pound and half loss.

raven59
10-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Hang in there, Cmarty. I'd encourage you to keep up the exercise but recognize that you might not lose or might even gain slightly for a bit but that will pass.

A couple of other people had weight loss stall when they were within 10-15lbs of goal and when they increased their activity until they switched to Metabalance (3oz protien at meals instead of 4 and a few additions of carbs). They stuck with the exercise so that they weren't "skinny fat" with no muscle tone or definition. And the addition of a couple of carbs bumped them out of starvation mode. They committed to working out almost daily, though, so the plan change was needed.

It's a tricky balance so you just might need to play with it a bit and ignore the scale...so easy to say, so hard to do :)

aw82797
10-26-2012, 01:58 PM
So after yoyo-ing for a week or so im finally down 3 more pounds today :)

skelley331
10-26-2012, 03:40 PM
So after yoyo-ing for a week or so im finally down 3 more pounds today :)

Awesome job! congrats to you! :carrot:

skelley331
10-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Cmarty don't be so hard on yourself we have all had our ups and downs and we all understand. I was down 2.5lbs last week on my weigh in and this week i've stalled, i'm not even sure if i will go tomorrow and weigh in, i actually gained 1.2 lbs this week and i've been op all week, i too exercise mon-thur but it's only 20 mins of brisk walking, i only need to lose 12 lbs to reach my goal and my 17wks will be 11/12 so don't think that's going to happen but you know what, i'm fine with that, i'll keep plugging away until i do. I'm not sure just how much more i can aford to keep buying all the supplements and HNS's my BMI is 24.9 and i'm in the healthy weight range, and my goal weight of 147 is actually less than what i weighed when i got married 22 yrs ago, my dr told me if i could reach 152-155 that would be a good healthy weight for me, but i've been told if you don't reach your goal weight within the year they set for you that you cant go into stabilization or maintenance!!

lovetofishandrun
10-26-2012, 04:16 PM
skelley331 - you can adjust your goal weight. When I started, they came up with 128-135. I knew I would not get there since I was not in my 20's or 30's anymore:D So I told the consultant I would be happy with 148 to 143. That is what she put as my goal. I had a few other counselors look at my body comp and tell me I could make 138 but I know my body. Have a talk with them - I'm sure they will change.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It has turned cold here in Arkansas. Have my first half-marathon relay in the morn:running:

skelley331
10-26-2012, 08:39 PM
lovetofishandrun: thanks for the response, i will talk to them about that and see what they say, i feel great, look really good, i'm 56 soon to be 57 on nov 1st, i just don't feel like i can get to 147, people keep telling me how great i look and that they don't think i need to lose anymore, if i could get to 150-152 i would be happy, right now with my gain this week i'm at 158.8, i'll see what my scales say in the morning, i'm suppose to go weigh in but i know it will show a gain. Maybe they can figure out what i might be doing wrong. Thanks again, it's cold here in Indiana too, not quite ready for it yet. have a great weekend, i'll post tomorrow night what i find out at the center.:):)

skelley331
10-26-2012, 08:46 PM
When do you get to start stabilization, does anyone know? Thanks:)

skelley331
10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Okay so i went to my center today to get some supplies, HNS's, supplements but i didn't take my folder and i went in at 11:45, i'm usually there at 9:00 am to weigh in but i wasn't going to today because when i stepped on my scales this morning i had gained 1.4lbs, when i got there my counselor who signed me up happen to be at the front, i told her i need to get some supplies and her reply was you aren't weighing in, i kinda smiled and told her my dilema on my gain, she said don't worry about that, your body has ups and downs so i went ahead and weighed in and i was up 1.4lbs but my body mass was down 1/2% of body fat, so she told me that's great and not to worry so much about the scales that they concentrate more on the body fat % so i was really glad i went, she talked to be for awhile and i feel so much better, next week she said i would probably have a nice loss in lbs. My size 10 pants are starting to feel loose also so i'm probably losing more inches. Whew!!! what a relief!! :carrot::carrot::dancer::dancer::goodvibes

cmarty
10-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Hey Skelley...your a size ten? Wow! I'm still a size 12 at the same weight..but the last place I lose is my belly..I'm working on that now!.
I was told that I lost inches everywhere except my boobs last time..that's good cause I really wanted to keep them..LOL

skelley331
10-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Hey Skelley...your a size ten? Wow! I'm still a size 12 at the same weight..but the last place I lose is my belly..I'm working on that now!.
I was told that I lost inches everywhere except my boobs last time..that's good cause I really wanted to keep them..LOL

LOL, all my 12's are way loose on me, my size 10's are getting loose now a little, i've lost 21 1/2" overall: my measurements are:

Waist before 34 now 31
chest before 34 now 32
hips before 42 now 39
belly before 39 now 34
i won't list all my measurements but my belly went flat pretty quick using MRC-6. BMI is 24.6 and body fat was 40% now 36%, i'm getting there! Cmarty we will do this stick with me, i love getting on here and seeing how you are doing. :hug:

cmarty
10-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Wow girl...keep up the good work!:carrot:

skelley331
10-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Wow girl...keep up the good work!:carrot:

Thanks you too, you're down 2lbs more than me, good job!! :):)

dkdaisybutters
10-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Going into the center tomorrow and hopefully hitting my 70 lbs. down! Crossing my fingers I hit it!!

rachels77
10-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm baaaccckkkk! Hey guys, sorry I've been missing - just needed to take a break from the online world for a bit. Still doing well, on maintenance, and adjusting to the new, skinnier, active me.

I still want to lose a bit, but I'm happy with where I am for now. I hope all is going well! Congratulations to the losers and I hope to see more of you guys now that I'm back!

healthylady123
10-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Congrats Skelley and everyone else on their losses and milestones. I haven't been on her in a while due to work and my children. Just wanted to do a quick update. I'm now down 5 more pounds for a total of 22 pounds in 33 days. So happy with this way of life. Keep up the good work guys!

mindboggld
10-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm a newbie and just signed up for MRC yesterday. I'm on the induction phase and will go to class on Friday to get my meal plan and get started.

I look forward to meeting you all :)

Kandra

skelley331
10-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm a newbie and just signed up for MRC yesterday. I'm on the induction phase and will go to class on Friday to get my meal plan and get started.

I look forward to meeting you all :)

Kandra

Welcome and congratulations on a new and healthy lifestyle, we are all here for support so don't hesitate to ask ? or vent or just talk, look forward to sharing your journey!:carrot::yes:

skelley331
10-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Tomorrow is my weigh in day at my MRC center, feeling pretty good so we'll see! I'm 10lbs away from my goal weight and getting close to my goal date they set for me!!! I'll post tomorrow my results, wish me luck!! Thanks for all your support! :hug::)

mindboggld
10-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome and good luck at your weigh in!

I had said I was in the induction phase - it's the pre-conditioning phase.. hahaha :) Had tilapia and mixed steamed veggies for lunch. Was yummy!

I'll go Friday for my menu class... Any hints on what to get for my HNS drinks? Any of them better than others? I know I want to get the cookbook - don't wanna get bored :)

meazie
10-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome and good luck at your weigh in!

I had said I was in the induction phase - it's the pre-conditioning phase.. hahaha :) Had tilapia and mixed steamed veggies for lunch. Was yummy!

I'll go Friday for my menu class... Any hints on what to get for my HNS drinks? Any of them better than others? I know I want to get the cookbook - don't wanna get bored :)

Welcome! :)

I prefer the liquid HNS or the powdered ones because I don't need a shaker bottle. I can just add them to my water bottle - but I'm on the run a lot with work travel. I like the orange, grape, blue raspberry, mixed berry and pomegranate flavors.

I've not been a big fan of the soups but I know some love them. I prefer to use low sodium broth in the recipes and my center is ok with that.

lovetofishandrun
10-31-2012, 05:34 PM
I agree with Meazie on the flavors. I found that you really don't need the MRC soups that are listed for some of the recipes. I ran my first half marathon relay Saturday (6.1 miles) and celebrated my 60th birthday Monday:dance: If you stick to the plan, you will lose the weight. Good luck on your journey and good luck to everyone else.