Faith Based Support Groups - Christian Encouragers ~ October

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers ~ October

FLSonShineGirl
10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Hi guys, :)

I am new to the forum and hope it's Ok and not "too forward" to initiate the continuance of the theme of the Christian Encourager thread for October as I skimmed old threads and they looked good, it's the end of the day and I'd like to check in with accountability for today but don't see a thread yet for October. I look forward to getting to know you guys better. :)

Here's my check in:
Oct 1--Day 1 of the victorious remaining 3 months of 2012--leaving the past behind, especially the food struggles of this summer--and pressing forward towards progress and the success ahead that God has waiting for me--IN HIS STRENGTH.

Wt: 166.4 (aiming to get back to my ideal weight range of the 130s)

Exercise today:
Morning: 30 mins peppy rebounding then 30 mins brisk walk
Afternoon: 10 mins scooter kicking my legs back as far as I can (times two for trip to and from the pharmacy--20 min total)

I juice fasted today--drinking lots of carrot juice, green juices, and water all day--not sure, might juice fast a couple days or just today--haven't decided yet, am desiring to get back on track with my healthy living goals and back to my 100% raw vegan food plan that works very well for me. I've eaten a lot of junk lately and want to get that out of my system and back to just building my body up with exclusively wholesome, nourishing foods in moderation.

Today I reviewed some of the great principles from "Made to Crave"--(I highly reccommend the book if you haven't read it):
“Go-To” scripts on pp 215-216 of “Made to Crave: Satisfying your deepest desire with God. not food”" by Lysa Terkeurst (Direct quotes from the book below):

"I was made for more than to be stuck in a vicious cycle of defeat."

Deut 2:3
“You have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north.”

"When I am considering a compromise, I will think past this moment and ask
myself, “How will I feel about this choice tomorrow morning?”

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,
whom you have received from God? You are not your own: you were ought at a
price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Cor 6:19-20

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-01-2012, 09:19 PM
:welcome: SONSHINEGIRL ~ and thanks for starting our new October thread. Best wishes for your good health journey ...

Welcome to the month of OCTOBER everyone ~ ours started with some lovely :sunny: and warmer temps. It was a wonderful day to go out for lunch and to get some more shopping in too. My eating has been great all weekend and today as well, so starting the new month off very well too.

We had steak & stir-fry veggies & salad for dinner tonight. Then tonight the air was so lovely that I went out for a 30+ minute walk around the neighbourhood, pushing myself to go just a tad bit further each time.

LAURA ~ those September stats were fabulous; best wishes for your goals in October too.

BARGOO ~ thanks for that info about Breast Cancer Awareness month and the hair cuts too. GOD bless JCPenny for their generosity!

Hope we all have a very successful October ... :flow2:

RoyalAthena
10-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Welcome FLSonShineGirl! Thanks for getting the thread started.

I started October with a 1 pound loss. I was going through some issues and got off my eating plan. I did a 36 hour then 24 hour fasting/prayer. I think I have my eating and emotional hunger under control.

I don't know how personal this board is, so I will wait and maybe share more later. I follow a clean diet. Fruits/veggies/whole grains/mostly lean meats, water. Occasional treat. I am reading The Sonoma Diet and The Duke Diet (flipping through them) to see if these will give me any more insight on a healthier eating plan. I don't want to go on any diet that eliminates any category of natural food. God made food and I am gong to eat it to fuel my body.

Sounds like we are already starting October in a positive manner! :carrot:

Chubbygirl253
10-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Thanks Rosebud, I am pretty proud of those stats. I am also so proud that I put on a dress from the back of my closet that I haven't fit into in a couple years and... it fit! It's snug but zipped all the way up and I looked like a sexy retro pin-up girl in it! It's a size 20 very form-fitting dress. 3 months ago I was buying stretchy 4x clothes or 26W. I can't wait till my fiance sees me in it!

Today was good. Food was great. Workout was even better. I had a long, hard workout. 5 hours! Did 19.5 miles and burned 4018 calories. I'm tired in a good way and feel so good. Nice way to start off a new month. Take care everyone and God bless.

bargoo
10-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Welcome FlSonShineGirl and good luck.
Laura, you are doing great.
Ann, I am a calorie counter, flexible, reliable and just eating nutritious food but watching how many calories I eat.
Rosebud, I am trying to walk more, too, yesterday when I was going to walk it was 100 degrees , so I came back into my AC apt.

FLSonShineGirl
10-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Way to go on all the progress around here! Keep up the good work!

Bargoo, I too am a breast cancer survivor. I have my free JC Penny appt tomorrow, thx fopr the info--sooooo happy to have enough hair to cut again!

October: a month of new beginnings--
Day 1: 166.4
Day 2: 163.6

Exercise:
30 mins peppy rebounding, 30 mins biking up and down streets with a mild incline
2nd day juice fasting:
1 1/2 qt carrot juice, 1 1/2 qt green juice, 1 qt water

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-02-2012, 09:16 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ well, we went from warm & :sunny: day to one very overcast, damp feeling, and cold, so we decided to do indoor stuff today. DH swept floors, while I did some laundry and changed the linens on the bed. Then I washed all the floors by myself! Hey, I'm getting stronger, I think. I spent the afternoon doing some more mending and got lots done. So, I had a very productive day. :D

Felt good all day today. Ate really well; we had leftover chicken, but I added some new potatoes, a sweet potato, and some broccoli/cauliflower as well. Have some leftover veggies for another day or for a soup.

DH was doing better for a day or so, but it seems every time he falls asleep a bit too early, he is confused upon waking. Tonight he was trying to nail both ends of the dogs rope to the posts becuz he thought the dog got off the rope by himself (actually, he did it but just couldn't remember). Guess who he's mad at right now? Me, for taking the hammer away ... I tried explaining it to him but it just wouldn't sink in, so he's going to bed now -- maybe. ;)

I am continuing to pray that GOD will fill his heart and mind and soul with love and peace and joy each day and night; and that his angels will protect him while he is away from home, esp on his bike or when he wanders a bit. So far, he keeps coming back home -- phew! Thank you, GOD.

I did so much around the house today that I didn't walk outside today, but maybe tomorrow will be nicer. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow ... :hug:

Chubbygirl253
10-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Hi everyone. Just a quick hello tonight. I'm extra tired from working out. I watched my lil nephew during the day today and then did a later workout. Did a lil over 3 hours of cardio and it was a very tough workout. Tried a new class (at the urging of my fave yoga instructor) It's the toughest class I've ever done. It's called RIPPED and it was at least 20% tougher than Zumba. Holy moly. I had yoga right after that so I am gonna sleep like the dead tonight.

Tomorrow is my strength test. I'm excited!

Thursday I'm driving up to see my hunny for the weekend. He did a comic book with a friend of his (who is a professional comic book artist) and they have a launch party for their comic book on Sun nite. It'll be fun.

Nite guys, I'm ready for bed!

wilma12
10-03-2012, 12:42 PM
I can finally report a loss! I'm down 2 lbs this week. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm making a lifestyle change and not going on a diet. The weight is coming off slowly but it is coming off!

Not much time to post today but wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Jeepers, I just typed a whole post and it disappeared into la-la-land; that has been happening a lot lately. Arrrgh!!! So I start again ...

WILMA ~ Yeah -- congrats on that 2 lbs !!! :carrot:

LAURA ~ I bet you did sleep well last night after all that. Are you taking THE dress with you to visit your fiance??? ;) What kind of comic book did your fiance & friend make -- comedy, adventure, action, or what?

We had glorious :sunny: all day today -- it was so beautiful so I spent a lot of time outdoors and hung out some blankets on the line too. Eating is going well this week; felt a bit hungrier today but still stayed on plan. I went for another extra walk around the neighbourhood today; felt a bit tired but pushed myself to finish it anyways -- sometimes that's a victory in itself. :D

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday tomorrow; boy, this week seemed to go by fast. Probably becuz we were more busy than usual with the nicer weather too. Better get this posted before it disappears on me ... :flow2:

FLSonShineGirl
10-03-2012, 09:03 PM
It was a partial 3rd day of juice fasting--had carrot juice and water up until supper then salad with big variety of veggies, no dressing, and vegetable soup for supper, bananas and apples for snack.

Go, Laura, GO on all that great exercise! That dress is not going to be snug for long--good for you that now it fits.

Wilma, woohoo on 2 pounds biting the dust!

Rosebud, I'm sorry that your husband is having problems with confusion. That's hard.
Great job sticking to your program.

Ann, I'm glad the emotional eating is under good control now.

G'night!

Bootsie
10-03-2012, 11:41 PM
FlsonShineGirl!:welcome3: It is wonderful you are here. I got up made 5 dozen cookies for my mechanic and crew and my husband was sick ,so stayed home for him. I worked hard all day moving and unpacking marking to sale items for him. I have right now 5 dozen cookies starring at me , I am very unhappy hope I can go to sleep. I first want to study some and then go to bed, helps me to read before I go to bed. I had a big day today , was going to go pick up a friend and go run around then meet a group of friends for Dinner. Take those cookies to my mechanic for the other guys that work for him said he loves cookies hope so, think they do too. When your husband is sick he comes first though. Rosebud praying for your dear husband, it is so hard I know for him but for you too.
Wilma:congrat: that is wonderful! I had lost then went with hubby for his birthday and I did not like what I was served so ate small bit and passed over the icecream , nothing tasted good and ate half my breakfast for it did not taste good , and I gained 7 pounds! I did drink a lot lost it in 2 days then yesterday went out with hubby and gained 2 pounds, back . I really need to learn how to eat out and choose the right thing. :(

Chubbygirl253
10-04-2012, 02:22 AM
finally I lost 3 pounds. For two weeks I stayed the same. I did lose a lotta inches in Sept but I'm glad to know the scale is finally willing to budge.

got a 4 hr workout in today trying to make the most of today since I'm driving up tomorrow to be with my fiance this weekend. I'll prolly come home Mon. It's TOM which made my workout extremely uncomfortable. Cramps and backache are no fun.

did great on my strength test. I'm lifting at more than double what I was lifting 10 weeks ago.

I'm tired and ready for bed, and I still have to pack. Nite all.

pattygirl63
10-04-2012, 01:01 PM
I haven't been here in a while, but I realized today that this is where I need to be not only for getting support but also for giving it. I do need to go back and read what has been going on in y'alls lives since I was here last and I'm on the run today. I just wanted to check in and make the commitment to be here support y'all with prayer etc and I know y'all will do the same for me.

Bootsie
10-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi Trish good to see ya! I to had been gone for a while , it is strange how we are lead back.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
TRISH ~ welcome back -- we are always glad to see you here! Hope things are going well for you and yours at this time.

LAURA ~ congrats on those 3 lbs; that's good news too. Sometimes, the scale can stall for a while -- that has happened to me many times. Good for you pushing through that. Have a wonderful weekend with your fiance!

BOOTSIE ~ sorry to hear your DH is under the weather; sending up prayers for him to feel better. Wow, what a temptation -- all those cookies. I don't make cookies anymore -- too tempting for me. About once a year, we pick up some farmer's market ones for DH for a treat (one dozen only though). Too bad you couldn't have put them in a container and asked your DH to put them up high for you or put them in the freezer until they go.

SONSHINEGIRL ~ I know that GOD is really helping me in that area becuz living with an Alzheimer's person is very, very stressful -- but the LORD is my strength and helping me a lot. There is no other possible answer! Plus all your prayers lifting me up too -- PRAIZE GOD!!!

Every day something(s) comes up -- every single day! I would bore you all stiff if I told you everthing that happens here. Like today, he was upset becuz he can't remember how to read a clock (tell time); and I made the mistake of asking him the time ... oops, LORD help not do that again! When something like that comes up, these are the kind of strategies I am using to keep peace for his mind and mine too. It's an avoidance technique but it works really well with Alzheimer patients (well, until the next time; and as long as I remember them all ;)).

Thanks for all the prayers for DH & I everyone -- I really, really appreciate it! You will never know how much!!! OH -- yes you will, maybe in heaven some day when JESUS rewards you with your golden crowns ... :hug:

Eating went really well today. The weather was damp and wet, but I still managed to go out for a walk this afternoon. This morning, I finally was able to wash my bedroom carpet -- I really wanted to get that done and it turned out well. I am so glad that I bought that Bissel carpet cleaner. :D

Hope you all have a fantabulous Friday tomorrow; they are calling for a little :sunny: in the afternoon ... :flow2:

FLSonShineGirl
10-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Walked 45 mins, stuck with low fat 100% raw vegan plan today. It is sheer relief to be eating well again.

Laura, great job on releasing 3 pounds and making such good strides with the strength test.

Bootsie, hope those cookies are outta the house now and you werfe able to resist them. I like cookies too but that junk is sooo not worth it. We can do all things thru Christ who gives us strength!

Trish, nice to meet you!

Rosebud, I am a retired RN and have cared for alzheimer patients. My heart goes out to you. May the Lord give you supernatural grace, patience, love, and strength.

It is true that we are weak in ourselves, but HE is strong and delights in being our sufficient grace in all things, including food struggles.

Gratefully His,

Paula

FLSonShineGirl
10-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Guys, there are three whole months left in 2012--plenty of time for some awesome progress. You guys feel like sharing some of your healthy living goals for the rest of the year and how you plan to accomplish them?

Paula's Healthy Living goals for the next three months:

Exercise at least 45 minutes/day 5 times a week--more when able

Lose 15.2 or more pounds in the remaining three months of 2012 (I am 160.2 today
so that's 145 or below). That breaks down to releasing approx 5 or more pounds
per month. I'd love to get in the 130s in late 2012 or early 2013 and maintain
there for life. I am so tired of all the crazy, mixed up yo-yoing I've done with
my weight and am asking God for balance, guidance, and a healthy perspective.
I am asking Him for victory and freedom from gluttony. He has provided so many
nourishing, delicious foods to fuel my body. I will run to Jesus, not food when I am
stressed.

How am I going to reach my goals:

Stick to either 100% raw or high raw vegan which is how I lost over a hundred pounds years ago. It's not for everybody, but it works great for me and makes me feel like a million bucks. When I eat, I will make it food that
is loaded with good-for-me nutrients. No junk.
If I fall down, I will get right back up immediately with God's help which is
always there.
Walk closely with my loving Heavenly Father, feast on His Word.
Make supper my last food of the day: my eating curfew is a blessing and keeps me
out of a heap of trouble when I have that guideline for myself.
Drink lots of pure water, get daily fresh air and sunshine, make progress with
getting proper rest and sleep
Exercise in the morning so it is done first thing then if I get more in later
it's the cherry on top.

Highest weight ever: 225 plus (stopped weighing) then got down to 125 about six
years ago then back up to 202 January 2012 (I packed on the pounds especially during cancer treatment/steroids/etc)
Present weight: 160.2
Where I am heading: A fit, trim, and healthy body and my ideal weight range of the 130s FOR KEEPS this time.

NOTHING is impossible with God. He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above
all we ask or think. He is ALWAYS up to something good in our lives.
Paula

This was #953 on my "1000 Gifts Gratefulness list" yesterday:
“Choose joy, moment by moment, Paula…the kind that has nothing to do with circumstances and emotion and everything to do with God and His goodness. Because the joy of the Lord is my strength: I can choose joy like my weather, like my very own sky. Like my very own oxygen.” (adapted direct quote from aholyexperience web site that I personalized for me . )

I posted link but didn't go through because I am a new member. I love the music, photography, and many of the thoughts on that web site--very encouraging)
I highly reccomend keeping a gratefulness journal if you guys don't do one yet--it's done me a world of good. I started one after reading "One Thousand Gifts: a dare to live life fully no matter where you are" during my battle with aggressive breast cancer.

pattygirl63
10-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome back everybody. I've gone back and read the prayer requests to get caught up.

Gary Praying you are having a good and blessed day.

Paula Thanks. Nice to meet you too.

Rosebud Thanks for keeping my family an my situation on the Prayer Warriors thread. DD and I have developed a wonderful relationship. They still have financial problems and can't help much with things financially. However, she used to work in a nail salon and does my finger nails. I am trying to learn to do them with the gel myself instead of the achrylic so I can do them when they move. She and youngest DGD tried doing pedicure but there are some things the nail salon do that can't be done at home so I go have the pedicures done. We have talked and things are really good. She will graduate from Nursing School as LPN December 7th so things will be good whenever they are able to move. As for DH, he had an endoscopy recently and ulcers are healed, but he does have trouble with scar tissue which causes narrowing of a place in the esophagus which slows down digestion of food so they have had to go in and stretch the spot 2 times already and said that they may have to do it every 6 months. We are praying that God will heal it. So basically he is doing so much better. Thanks for your prayers.

I've been off plan for quite some time. Just had a difficult getting back on a plan. I just need to get my act together and get back on track and get this weight off. I know that I need to be eating low carb so I am praying God will give me a real desire and taste for the foods I need to be eating that way. And then I will just follow His leading.

Bootsie, Karen, Bargoo and others :wave: Hi

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

bargoo
10-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Hi, Trish, good to hear from you again. Will be praying for DH that he wll be restored to complete health.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-05-2012, 08:50 PM
TRISH ~ no problemo -- it will stay on there until everything is healed and resolved as best as we can expect. So glad to see so much improvement since we last talked for both your DH & the family situation.

PRAIZE GOD -- prayer works!!! :carrot:

SONSHINEGIRL ~ I have set some modest goals for each of the major holidays coming up -- Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, and so on. I am trying to do a bigger walk each day (no less than EOD, if I can managed that), plus my other toning exercises, etc that I do each day.

I am hoping for a minimum of 3 lbs and up to 7 lbs, which may be a challenge for me but we'll see what happens. Of course, I hope to continue to lose some inches and sizes as well. Best wishes to everyone on their goals for this fall and winter, however you want to achieve them.

Eating went well today. It was really cold today but I braved those winds (next time I'll take some mittens), and actually went out further and longer tonight. Was concerned if I'd make it back but I did -- another victory is that I went two blocks and saw our beautiful lake (one of two in the center of our town) which was one of my goals. :D

My some day soon goal is to get right down to the lake and sit on the bench for awhile -- I have one more block to go, but it is all down a huge hill. That doesn't worry me so much as trying to get back up it and home again. It is a mountain that I will work on moving ... Yes LORD, with the faith of a mustard seed and some determination, we will move that mountain out of the way!!! :cool:

EDIT2ADD: Oh, I was just listening to a song called "All things are possible with GOD!" ... very appropriate! ;)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone ... :hug:

pattygirl63
10-06-2012, 11:53 AM
:wave: Hi Everyone. Have a great week end.

Bootsie
10-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Cookies were delivered to my garage man who can eat them and not have to worry about gaining weight and also made them Cholesterol free. We have free air - conditioning today so nice.
FLSonShineGirl, I love your encouragement and your determination! Love it!

Bootsie
10-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Can you email me the web site, FLSonShineGirl. I would like to check it out. Is it Paula Dean website?

FLSonShineGirl
10-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi,

Rosebud--I like your goals. You go, girl!

Bootsie, I am not sure how to email anybody here--where/how is that done? I tried clicking on highlighted name by your picture in this thread but dont see it there. I will spell out the site so it goes through--all words are put together into one--it is not a cooking web site like Paula Dean--it''s a Christian web site with music, photography, and some neat thoughts about life that I have found to be an encouragement in my walk with the Lord which in turn effect other things, like eating, handling stress, etc:
A Holy Experience dot com is the website with a period for 'dot".

Welp, I had a few "mess ups" in my plan yesterday and today and ate some things I regreat but all I can do and the best I can do is get right back on track when I fall down, which now is two days in a row :(. Funny how I can go to strong resolve to back to my old ways with eating so quickly. I told you something like 'cookies re so not worth it" and meant it and I wrote out goals for the next 3 mos I fullly intended to keep and the next thing you know I am eating the cookies my daughters had baked which led to some other sub optimal choices that I need to be eating like a hole in the head. It is true, they weren't worth it. I did eat well the rest of the day and got some moderate walking, rebounding, and stair climbing (up and down 3 flights for 1/2 hr) in.

The truth is, sugar is no true blue friend of mine. I have a little and want more--I am much better off without it. It leads me places I no longer want to go.

Tomorrow is a fresh. new day.

Paula

bargoo
10-07-2012, 09:11 AM
FlSonShineGirl, I looked up that site you mentioned and have bookmarked it so I can go back later and check it out I don't have time right now. It is perfectly OK to refer to another website .

pattygirl63
10-07-2012, 01:52 PM
FlSonShineGirl - I looked up the website too and marked it to look at later. Thanks. Give yourself an A+ for getting right back on track. Sometimes we are awfully hard on ourselves. Sometimes we need to be as loving and compassionate with ourselves as we would be with someone else. Believe me I am having to learn to forgive myself and give myself a break so I can just move on.

pattygirl63
10-07-2012, 08:57 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS!!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-07-2012, 09:03 PM
THANKS, TRISH ~ I made my turkey today and have lots left over for tomorrow and the week coming up; plus some for the freezer too. I made stuffing, baby potatoes, gravy, baby carrots, and green beans to go with it; and I'm still under my cals for the day. :D

Only did a very short walk today as it's very cold and wet out there; and had some hail as soon as I went outside. Will have to dress up much warmer next time; gotta get the winter clothes and apparel out I guess. This week is unusally cold ... :brr:

Hope you all have a wonderful OP week coming up ... :)

ronni62
10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Hi, everyone! Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadians!:thanks1: And, Happy Columbus Day here in the US (although that's really the 12th, but, of course, we have to have the Monday holiday thing here:rolleyes:

It's been such a roller coaster here and I've been struggling just to function, so haven't been posting on 3fc. As usual, when things are getting me down, I just go into hermit mode rather than talk to anyone. I'm still doing ok in the weight loss and food allergy arena, but everything else is just crazy. And, I'm just tired-it's getting colder and those football games are really hard to sit out in. One tonight again. DS3 enjoys it and is getting some play time (he likes soccer better, but uses football to keep in shape for spring soccer season), but even he's ready for football season to end. 2 more varsity games and, then, post-season play if they qualify for play-offs.

Well, gotta go get some things done. I'll be back later.

bargoo
10-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends !

FLSonShineGirl
10-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Hi,
Here's my check in:
10/1/12 166.4
10/8/12 163.4

I am happy for all progress. I had a few slip ups this week but overall ate
well and got about an hour of exercise in most days.

1. "Wars are fought strategically. one battle at a time.
2 . Wars are fought on more than one front.
3. We must expect setbacks and defeats along the way.
4. When we lose a battle, we must get back on track immediately, so we don't
lose the war.
5. We will not win if we refuse to fight."
——Carole Lewis

These are some War Strategies that can apply to my cancer fight when concerns come up. I've been fighting aggressive breast cancer and am doing well right now as far as I know. Cancer is sneaky stuff and doesn't "fight fair". These strategies also work with other life battles like food struggles. I like this list. God is my strength and rock . I need to be doing my part in the equation like getting right back up with His help when I fall down. The Lord has much better for me than me choosing to wallow in any pits of discouragement or despair and He is always up to something good in my life in the midst of every cicumstance.

Let's fight to win, guys! :0)

Paula

P.S. It is because I am a new member that there is a block on me posting any links--no problem.

bargoo
10-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Paula, I posted on another thread of your but will give a short version here I am in cancer treatment too for the second time. I will continue with medical treatment but my trust is in God, the Great Physician.
Psalms 118:6 "The Lord is on my side ; I will not fear:what can man do unto me ?"

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-08-2012, 03:14 PM
1. "Wars are fought strategically. one battle at a time.
2 . Wars are fought on more than one front.
3. We must expect setbacks and defeats along the way.
4. When we lose a battle, we must get back on track immediately, so we don't lose the war.
5. We will not win if we refuse to fight."
——Carole Lewis

I like that; and I agree that many battles are fought with these helpful strategies, whether it be Cancer or Weightl-Loss or whatever ...

My GOAL UPDATE for THANKSGIVING is 4 lbs down this AM. It may have been more but it has onlybeen 6 weeks since I weighed last so that is pretty good for me -- as I lose like a :snail:. This is still a Thanksgiving blessing for me though. So excuse me, while I cheer for myself ... :cheer2:
My next goal is in about 10+ weeks or Christmas Day, so lots of time there!

Eating is going well this weekend; eating lots of turkey that I made yesterday. I think I may bake a pumpkin pie for DH and pumpkin custard for me today, as this is Thanksgiving Day itself.

Oh, be back after -- our NIKO is barking for some reason; and these days, I have to check everything out as DH gets so confused now. Lots of Pookas visiting us these days, we had a Nun this AM but that is comforting for any Catholic boy -- better than men he thinks are stealing his tools/stuff. ;)

:thanks1:Have a lovely THANKSGIVING DAY :thanks1:to all our other Canadian friends today!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Well, the weather was much cooler with drizzle & :rain: all day long so I just did stuff indoors. Eating went well despite the Alzheimer's battle ...

.... where the lines are not always clearly defined -- sadly, seems there are some bogus boobie traps set up here & there that I have to discifer and avoid. Oh, how the human mind works; it never ceases to amaze me. No, it couldn't be simple, could it? This may just be the :devil:'s playground ...

Well, we call down GOD's Holy Spirit and His ministering Angels to defend and protect his children today. This life is difficult enuff without people playing games too; but I'm on to it, friends ... GOD is so faithful; I cannot tell you!

So, I am fighting this battle on two fronts, at least; the obvious one and one not-so-clear. The best part is that I am not responding the way that was expected. While I do feel the oppression, I am not reacting; no, I'm not caving; no, I'm not being fooled; no, I am not eating!!! PRAIZE GOD!!!

The end of the day was much better than the start; thank you, LORD! :D

EZMONEY
10-09-2012, 09:30 PM
My prayers and hugs are with you Rosebud :-)

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-09-2012, 09:41 PM
THANKS, GARY ~ likewise ... hugs & prayers for you & Angie too ... :hug:

You know, I was just sharing with a friend that DH still cannot accept the diagnosis; he doesn't want to talk about it. He asked me the other night, if there wasn't anything that we could do to fix it. Couldn't we pray it away? I reminded him that we have all been praying about this from the start (me for years really); and that we will continue to do so.

And today, I told him, "I am so sorry -- to my knowledge there is no cure for this disease." (as the nurses were so quick to remind me). Plus, "I am sorry, I cannot wave a magic wand and make it all go away! Oh, how much I wish I could!"

Plus, that blaming others and running -- was not the answer, becuz no matter where you run or who with, it will still be there; but your life and others will be much harder for it ... and that you will have to face it all, eventually, so why hurt other innocent people for nothing.

I reminded him of the Serenity Prayer -- that there are some things in this life that we can change; and there are some that we cannot, so we have to do what we can to change what we can; and we have to ask GOD to give us the grace & strength we need to accept and face the rest.

I am also asking for a sort of divine peace of mind for him as he is really struggling with it this way; I know he is scared. GOD reminded me through a devotion: forget the mistakes & regrets of the past; don't fret about the future; just focus on today -- one moment at a time. This seemed to help him, for now. Thanks to you all for your prayers for him, for us both ... :hug:

bargoo
10-10-2012, 08:14 AM
rosebud, I went to a funeral this week, this was in honor of a brilliant man who had received many honors in his life, he was quite famous in his field. The last few years of his life he had Alzheimers and was not the same person at all. But his memorial service, Rosebud was amazing, the love and respect given him in the Eulogies was just remarkable. People whose lives he had touched and many that he had mentored all spoke so lovingly and had such respect for him. In addition to all this he was a fine Christian man. I guess what I am trying to say is that he is remembered for the remarkable person that he had been and not for the disease that he endured .
Rosebud , I will continue to keep you both in prayer that you both will find the peace that passeth all understanding.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-10-2012, 07:25 PM
BARGOO ~ thanks for sharing that; I so agree. I know that DH will be remembered by many for his many good qualities. So many times, he has done kind gestures towards and for others (many unknown too). The LORD has been touching him in his spirit this past year; I have seen it. He just has these off days - moments where I hear panic, fear & frustration; and focusing too much on the few things he feels aren't perfect in his life (like not being able to drive anymore -- this is the biggie).

Today, he felt better. I am trying to get him to focus on the positive -- getting him to watch a happy movie in the evening before bed. Gave him a beer to help him sleep; he slept a bit better too. Getting him to go out for a ride or walk every day for fresh air. Helping him focus on all the blessings he has -- he can walk well, he can ride a bike, he can go up town and talk to people, plus he can go out for a coffee if he wants to too.

I'm trying to encourage him to do what he can; change what he can; and then make the best of the rest. We have been mulling over some other ideas too, but they take time to bring about (and he is impatient). Your prayers will help him too; I just know it. Thanks again so much ... :hug:

EDIT2ADD ~ this also reminds me -- I was talking to a Christian lady last night about why GOD answers some prayers and not others. This is so related to what my DH asked. My BIL, sister, and I all put hands on my DH and prayed for him after the diagnosis. Many have and are still praying for him.

This lady lost her DH to an infection (after having cancer 4 times); and he was prayed over by a whole church congregation (plus many more, including us). She said now she was afraid to pray for people becuz her prayers weren't answered for her DH (well, in the way that she wanted, as she wanted him to live longer; he had already lived another 12+ years from his first cancer bout).

So, many prayers were answered for him, just not the one that she wanted -- to determine how long he would live. There are some diseases that defy prayers; many are healed, but not all! Some get treatments and live "longer" lives (like her DH), and some eventually pass away from something else too.

Does that really mean GOD hasn't answered our prayers for these people? Or just that one prayer about the "time of life", which only GOD knows really. Plus, just becuz one person passes on, doesn't mean the next one you pray for will. Many, many people are cancer survivors (same goes for heart attacks, strokes, etc).

Now, about the "time of one's life" -- isn't this really about accepting GOD's sovereignty? To do what is good, and right, and best for that person? Isn't that GOD's will for us all? GOD loves us -- He doesn't want us to suffer any longer than we need to. And what about her DH's wishes? He said he was tired and ready to go. Again, what about respecting his wishes?

Sometimes, loving someone also means that we have to let them go. So that they don't keep suffering just to keep us from grieving their loss. Hey, I know losing loved ones is tough; we have lost many in our family, and that's not even talking about our beloved pets, which were like family to us. There is no greater sorrow ...

These diseases and illnesses cause so much pain and sorrow. May GOD grant us all the grace & strength & peace we need to face them. May the LORD JESUS, the LORD OF PEACE, be our strength. May the GOD OF ALL COMFORT -- comfort us in our losses ... :hug:

In time, the pain fades -- but the beauty remains ...

bargoo
10-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Rosebud, are there any support groups for Caregivers of Alzheimers in your area or on the internet ? I think it would be helpful to be able to talk to others with the same experiences that you are going through.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes, I am looking into that. We will be seeing DH's doctor on Friday and I will ask him if he can find out what is available for us in this town? There is nothing in the phone book here (we live in a very small town).

Plus, I will also look into the Alzheimer's Association/site. Just haven't gotten around to that with so much to deal with here each day ... 24/7. :hug:

Chubbygirl253
10-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Hi everyone. just a quick check-in. I'm back from spending a few days with my sweetheart. Had a very nice time. Came home with a nasty cold on Monday though. Spent all day in bed yesterday but today I'm a bit better. Got some shopping and house work done. Tomorrow I plan to get back to the Y and my workouts. Although I expect I'll have to ease into it after having such a bad cold and not exercising for a full week. I think I'll aim for just 2 hours and see how I feel. Nite everyone.

pattygirl63
10-11-2012, 10:32 AM
BARGOO ~ thanks for sharing that; I so agree. I know that DH will be remembered by many for his many good qualities. So many times, he has done kind gestures towards and for others (many unknown too). The LORD has been touching him in his spirit this past year; I have seen it. He just has these off days - moments where I hear panic, fear & frustration; and focusing too much on the few things he feels aren't perfect in his life (like not being able to drive anymore -- this is the biggie).

Today, he felt better. I am trying to get him to focus on the positive -- getting him to watch a happy movie in the evening before bed. Gave him a beer to help him sleep; he slept a bit better too. Getting him to go out for a ride or walk every day for fresh air. Helping him focus on all the blessings he has -- he can walk well, he can ride a bike, he can go up town and talk to people, plus he can go out for a coffee if he wants to too.

I'm trying to encourage him to do what he can; change what he can; and then make the best of the rest. We have been mulling over some other ideas too, but they take time to bring about (and he is impatient). Your prayers will help him too; I just know it. Thanks again so much ... :hug:

EDIT2ADD ~ this also reminds me -- I was talking to a Christian lady last night about why GOD answers some prayers and not others. This is so related to what my DH asked. My BIL, sister, and I all put hands on my DH and prayed for him after the diagnosis. Many have and are still praying for him.

This lady lost her DH to an infection (after having cancer 4 times); and he was prayed over by a whole church congregation (plus many more, including us). She said now she was afraid to pray for people becuz her prayers weren't answered for her DH (well, in the way that she wanted, as she wanted him to live longer; he had already lived another 12+ years from his first cancer bout).

So, many prayers were answered for him, just not the one that she wanted -- to determine how long he would live. There are some diseases that defy prayers; many are healed, but not all! Some get treatments and live "longer" lives (like her DH), and some eventually pass away from something else too.

Does that really mean GOD hasn't answered our prayers for these people? Or just that one prayer about the "time of life", which only GOD knows really. Plus, just becuz one person passes on, doesn't mean the next one you pray for will. Many, many people are cancer survivors (same goes for heart attacks, strokes, etc).

Now, about the "time of one's life" -- isn't this really about accepting GOD's sovereignty? To do what is good, and right, and best for that person? Isn't that GOD's will for us all? GOD loves us -- He doesn't want us to suffer any longer than we need to. And what about her DH's wishes? He said he was tired and ready to go. Again, what about respecting his wishes?

Sometimes, loving someone also means that we have to let them go. So that they don't keep suffering just to keep us from grieving their loss. Hey, I know losing loved ones is tough; we have lost many in our family, and that's not even talking about our beloved pets, which were like family to us. There is no greater sorrow ...

These diseases and illnesses cause so much pain and sorrow. May GOD grant us all the grace & strength & peace we need to face them. May the LORD JESUS, the LORD OF PEACE, be our strength. May the GOD OF ALL COMFORT -- comfort us in our losses ... :hug:

In time, the pain fades -- but the beauty remains ...

Rosebud - I agree with you so much on what you shared about giving up loved ones. So many times we’ve prayed for different ones to be healed who were and then prayed for probably more who weren’t. Why? Only God has the answer. When my precious Mother had cancer and died, I had a wonderful young minister tell me... “She has seen heaven and decided to go on”. She had been healed of cancer before. I prayed my previous husband back from death so many times, but the last time I found him, I felt the Lord said to me “Let him go”. What I didn’t know was that 3 months earlier and man and his family had come to the place that they had to give up his wife and let her go. He knew she wasn’t going to get better and that her quality of life wasn’t going to be any good as she was already blind and now she would lose her legs so he asked her “Do you want to go be with Jesus?” And she said “Yes”. What neither of us knew was that a little over 3 months after my husbands death that we would meet and get married. That man is my husband today. We have tough times, but we know that God answers prayers and He has a plan for our lives. I hope your friend will come to realize that God healed her husband 4 times (I can’t tell you how many times God healed Bill and let us keep him before he gave up and went on home to the Lord). I have always felt blessed that God gave us those wonderful victories. However, I never felt Bill’s death was defeat or unanswered prayer. I felt it was Bill’s Ultimate victory and someday I will be with him again in that place where we will never be separated again by death. Oh how I pray your friend will come to understand that in her heart and find her peace and not rob people of her prayers.
I know nothing of Alzhimers so I really can’t give any advice, but Bill’s Mother had dementia. She loved doing Fin an Circle word puzzles. Bill did crossword puzzles. He knew I loved computer games so he told me before he died to always play the games to keep my mind alert. I don’t know if your husband would like anything like that or if it would help, but thought I would mention it. I will definitely keep the 2 of you in my prayers.

pattygirl63
10-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone. just a quick check-in. I'm back from spending a few days with my sweetheart. Had a very nice time. Came home with a nasty cold on Monday though. Spent all day in bed yesterday but today I'm a bit better. Got some shopping and house work done. Tomorrow I plan to get back to the Y and my workouts. Although I expect I'll have to ease into it after having such a bad cold and not exercising for a full week. I think I'll aim for just 2 hours and see how I feel. Nite everyone.

Hope you will be feeling better soon.

bargoo
10-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Trish, what a wonderful post, thank you so much. I firmly believe in prayer and that God answers prayers, ALL prayers. It may not be the answer we want but He does answer. I have been prayed for, too , in Church and on Prayer Chains and here at 3FC, I still have cancer but what I have been given is even more important. I have the peace that passes all understanding. Philippians 4:7.

pattygirl63
10-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Trish, what a wonderful post, thank you so much. I firmly believe in prayer and that God answers prayers, ALL prayers. It may not be the answer we want but He does answer. I have been prayed for, too , in Church and on Prayer Chains and here at 3FC, I still have cancer but what I have been given is even more important. I have the peace that passes all understanding. Philippians 4:7.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers as well. :hug: I believe we have to continue to pray for you and all others. WE NEVER GIVE UP OR STOP PRAYING.

When my Daddy asked each of us girls if we were willing to let our Mother go, I said to him "I will let her go when she is ready, but until then I will stay in faith for her". I did the same thing for my cousin who passed away a few weeks ago. I just believe that is what we are supposed to do. We are praying for people in our church right now who are battling or have battled cancer. Some are cancer free while others still battled, but we continue the fight with them in love and prayer.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-11-2012, 08:11 PM
WE NEVER GIVE UP OR STOP PRAYING .... When my Daddy asked each of us girls if we were willing to let our Mother go, I said to him "I will let her go when she is ready, but until then I will stay in faith for her". I did the same thing for my cousin who passed away a few weeks ago. I just believe that is what we are supposed to do. We are praying for people in our church right now who are battling or have battled cancer. Some are cancer free while others still battled, but we continue the fight with them in love and prayer.

^That^ is so well put!!! I believe the very same thing. My mother had cancer -- she had successful surgery (the recovery was tough though) but had a colostomy for the rest of her life; and, she always said that "she was just glad to be alive" partly becuz her children were all so young. However, she passed away of something else at only 56 yy. We have some survivors in our family, and we have lost some as well, but like you I believe they are all in heaven and at peace (I have even had dreams about that).

I was talking to my Aunt today about why some diseases don't seem to respond to prayer as much, like Alzheimers (the disciples asked JESUS about this too). I said that I'm not so sure that GOD hasn't answered some of our prayers for him becuz my DH has had this a very long time (we know that now), but the diagnosis took a long time becuz he kept saying there was nothing wrong with him. We now know those things that I kept praying to GOD about so earnestly many years ago (abnormal behavior, thoughts & other issues) were all a part of EARLY-ONSET Alzheimers. Hind-sight is 20-20 they say; and this is a very good example of that.

Now this disease is taking on a horrific acceleration this year -- but in the spring, my DH had a significant HOLY SPIRIT experience, when his priest prayed over him (laying hands on his head) and every single other congregant at a Pentecost service. Since then, I have noticed a huge spiritual difference in him. He prays with me every day. He even "weeped" on his knees for GARY MILLER (EZMONEY) when we were praying for him; and yet he has never met him. I asked my DH why he was crying and he said that he just felt so bad for him (meaning, Gary). That is the Holy Spirit working in someone for sure; and he said that he often gets chills when I pray for people.

Now I have to put my TRUST in GOD -- that he will take care of both of us. Some things we have to leave in his hands. I told GOD today that I feel like MOSES -- I don't know what's going to happen or where I am going with this disease and afterwards; but like you said, I know that GOD has a plan for my life, and I must trust him with that but it sure isn't easy as you know.

It is even harder when someone reminds me that DH may not live that long (I am facing that prospect too, although that would be merciful for him); or when his doctor had told me this would take years to progress and now changed her diagnosis this week to say that she thinks that he's almost ready for institutionalization now --- :eek: I have all these decisions to make, but it's the first time I've had handle anything like this for myself, esp knowing what decisions to make at what time, on top of dealing with DH on a daily basis, as the symptoms are getting more complicated & difficult to deal with.

That is why yours prayers for us are so very important. They give me hope and help lift me up, giving me strength for what I have to face now and as time goes by. So thanks so much for all your prayers for us; they are very appreciated. :hug:

LAURA ~ praying that nasty cold goes away real soon.

Chubbygirl253
10-12-2012, 02:32 AM
I finally feel like I'm shaking off this crummy cold. I got back to the Y today and was able to do a 3-hour workout. I feel good that so many people asked about me when I wasn't at the Y for a week (out of town and then sick once I came home.) My friend Heather, who works out with me, was glad to see me back so everyone would quit asking her where I was. It really helps keep me accountable to know that I can't skip a week and go unnoticed.
I'm pretty tired so I'm headed to bed. I have to work out early tomorrow because I gotta babysit my nephew again. I don't wanna take him with me because I'd have to skip yoga so I'll go before my sister leaves for work. Nitey nite

Chubbygirl253
10-12-2012, 07:43 PM
workout was good today. Only got in 2 & 1/2 hours before I had to go babysit though. Would've liked to stay for another half hour or so. Calorie intake is good so far. Took my nephew outside in his galoshes to splash in the rain puddles. We all need to act like a kid sometimes, lol. We had fun!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-12-2012, 10:26 PM
LAURA ~ glad you are feeling better today; and managed to get back to the gym which you love. I agree that it's good to act like kids and have some fun sometimes too. DH and I played Chinese Checkers tonight, just for fun. :D

So we had a busy afternoon; running around to a doctor's appt, then a few other places. Picked up a few groceries and dinner; and slippers for DH. I counted that as my walking as we walked around 4 different places and were gone over 3 hours. We didn't have our dinner til 7 pm tonight.

My eating was very good this week; actually it was under for 3 days and last night my blood sugars dipped (horrible feeling), so I made sure to eat more today. I had also gone for an extra-long walk so I think that added to the problem. Think I'll go back to just one full block until it feels more comfortable for me. I don't want to hurt myself overdoing it.

DH was a bit better today; but still very confused and a bit agitated. We got some temporary calming meds for that today until the doctor confers with the specialist on Monday as to what meds she thinks are best for him. These meds may help him sleep better; he's sleeping now so that's good. :)

Think I'll hit the hay earlier tonight too! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ... :flow2:

seabiscuit
10-13-2012, 03:03 AM
Hi :wave:

I'm Amy, 36, and Episcopal. I'd really like to join in :)

It's so wonderful to have a forum and thread such as this. I want to get closer to the Lord and I hope I can gain some strength from this thread and forum. I haven't been going to church much lately, I am not a regular attendee, usually I go every few weeks or months but I love my church. I think I will go this Sunday though. I like my Pastor very much and she has helped me out a lot. I have The Message on loan from my church and haven't used it much because I am not sure where to gain encouragement and wisdom. I wish there was a Bible study near me that I could attend when I don't work or someone to connect with regarding lessons of the Bible.

Anyways, I hope to give support, hope and encouragement to you. I look forward to hearing from all of you too!

I'm thinking of Psalm 23 tonight. :)

Take care,

Amy :^:

pattygirl63
10-13-2012, 02:02 PM
:welcome2:Amy. Weedends are usually slow around here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Chubbygirl253
10-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Well of course Amy! Any friend of the Lord's is a friend of ours.

And I lost 2 more pounds! Yay! :dance: *happy dance!*

THAT PUTS ME AT 45 LBS LOST WHICH IS EXACTLY 25% OF MY TOTAL GOAL. IT TOOK ME17 WEEKS.

ronni62
10-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi, everyone:)

Rosebud-You and your DH and other family members are in my prayers. I'm so glad you've seen such spiritual growth in your DH lately. That's always encouraging even in the face of physical and mental challenges. God knows what your DH needs and He will provide. He will also provide for you in your concern and stress over how to best care for your husband. I'm just so sorry you're going through this.

Gary-You and Angie and your family are in my prayers, also. Our God is so powerful and I know He is providing healing in your body and spirit. But, like I said to Rosebud, I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Bargoo-And, you, too, are always, always in my prayers. You're always such an encouraging voice to all of us!

Amy-Welcome!

Hello to everyone else, too! Glad to hear of some of your praises and victories this week!

It's just been a very busy week. 2 football games, plus doctor appointments for DH and getting DS3's truck fixed and new tires. Seems like I'm still running and running around, but not accomplishing anything. :dizzy:

Turned 50 on Wednesday and then Friday was our 22nd anniversary, but haven't had time to even go out for dinner or anything to 'celebrate'. Plus, it's getting so hard to deal with the stupid food allergies that it almost seemed harder to go out than to just cook at home. Maybe I'm just to the 'angry' part of the so-called grieving process when your life takes a big change....I don't know...:?: Plus, I just feel old lately and DH's problems at work just continue on and on. It's starting to get to him that he was terminated (wrongfully and then reinstated completely), but the employees who've actually been committing fraud over and over for the last few years haven't been punished in any way at all:mad: I know that no one promised us a 'fair' life, but it would be nice to sometimes see the bad guys get what's coming to them, you know? Plus, now, the union is threatening to strike, which will put us back in the problem of no income......and on and on it goes. Sorry to be such a downer this evening:(

Well, I'm gonna watch the race. Hope you all have a nice weekend. You're in my prayers.:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-13-2012, 08:34 PM
:welcome: AMY ~ join us for sure; the more, the merrier, I say. :)

LAURA ~ :congrat: on those 2 lbs, which brings you to a 25% loss for you; that's a nice milestone. :D

TRISH ~ you are correct about the weekends being a bit slower around here.

Yeah, DH slept all through the night, so that's a victory in my Alzheimer's home management plan, which is what I am trying to get the doctors to understand. I've worked in 4 nursing homes, so "I KNOW" how they deal with their symptoms there and in hospitals too. I wonder why some doctors hesitate to give the same kind of help to family caregivers -- so I'm gonna push them on that one. They have a whole team of help there, and home caregivers are on their own; but if they had the same kind of help, they could manage people at home much longer, I think. I know at some point I will have to when I can't handle him at home anymore, but I want to care for him here for as long as I can first.

We had cold and :rain: for most of the day. WE had a nice visit from DH's sister and her SIL/friend this afternoon and that was nice for both of us. I really appreciate their support. Eating is going well; but I just took it easy today -- having a rest day. I just did my indoor walking and toning exercises.

Hope you all have a Superbly Serene Sunday tomorrow ... :hug:

Chubbygirl253
10-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Rosebud, Trish, Bargoo- I continue to lift you up in prayer.

Tonight my friend Krystol had a small get-together, a puzzle party! 3 card tables, each with the same puzzle on it and a couple at each table and plenty of snacks (most fairly healthy) and we all had a great time. Her mom and dad promise to host the next one in January. I think that is such a neat idea. I had so much fun I just thought I'd share. My hunny lives over 2 hours away and had to work tonight anyway so she said I should bring my mom for my "date." Hope everyone else had a fun Saturday night too!

bargoo
10-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Laura. the puzzle party sounds like so much fun !
Thank you so much for remebering me in prayer.

FLSonShineGirl
10-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Welcome, Amy!
Rosebud, am praying for you and your husband right now.
Laura, way to go on more weight released!
Ronni, a belated happy BD and anniversary to ya!
Trish, sorry about your recent loss of your cousin.
Bargoo, just prayed for you too. :)

This morning I am asking the Lord once again for help and direction in my diet and exercise program. I keep starting off with high hopes and lots of goals but am having a hard time carrying that through for very long--lots of starts and stops lately. I've been falling down a lot on my program and doing opposite of what I want to be doing. I know God has better for me than what I am experiencing.

Thinking it through:

I really would love to get back on track and take off the remaining excess weight I am carrying and then keep it off. I totally believe that as His child, His grace is sufficient and His plan is for me to walk closely with Him in all things, including how I take care of my body. Why is it so hard sometimes, I wonder? It must be somehow that I am trying to do this in my own pitiful strength. I have tasted His freedom from the bondage of overeating and emotional eating and I'd like that back for good--making positive choices moment by moment ech day and a happy, healthy balance with food and exercise.

I'd appreciate prayer.

Thanks,

Paula

bargoo
10-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Welcome , Amy , you will find great support here.

pattygirl63
10-14-2012, 11:59 AM
I pray everyone is having a Blessed Sunday!

Chubbygirl253
10-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Today I went to a 2.5 hour cpr training because it's been a few years and also I knew there have been changes made since I took it last. But I left there so famished that I went to jack-in-the-box for dinner. Yikes. I didn't go over my calories for the day but I still feel kinda bad because I didn't get to work out. Tomorrow I have a great workout planned though so I won't lose any sleep over it. At least I didn't go over.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-14-2012, 09:26 PM
:hug:RONNI ~ I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday; we must have been typing and posting at the same time. Hope you and yours do get to celebrate your 50th birthday as that is a milestone. Geepers, I meant to add these then forgot -- so here they are now ... ;)

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:
You sure have your trials, girl. Seems lots of Christians are today; so we all must hang onto the ROCK -- our Lord Jesus Christ for strength and security during these unsettling times. Read that in my daily devotional. Will pray for your DH that he can let GOD handle those bad guys at work. We are just to pray for them and about these situations. It wouldn't be good for him to let this get to him personally. I'm sorry to hear about the strike thing; will pray about that too. :hug:

PAULA ~ prayers for you that you can get back on track; be aware when you are eating your feelings; keep trigger foods at bay; then practice your plan day-by-by. Hope it's a plan that you can stick to long term. I find some people here are too strict becuz they are in too much of a hurry, then they can't stick to their plan. Once we have found the best plan for us, the Lord can provide the strength each day. :D

LAURA ~ that puzzle party does sound like fun. DH & I have done cards and Chinese Checkers so far; he has trouble with them but the point is just to exercise his brain. We will be doing Yatzee with his sister soon; and of course, we have those puzzles I picked up. I have to find some kind of table to do them on first though.

:wave: BARGOO & TRISH & GARY & WILMA & OTHER MIAS ~ hope you all had a lovely Sunday today.

My 54th BD was today; and my Aunt came and took me out to lunch. Boy, it was nice to get out with someone and just laugh & chat for a change -- just us two Christian ladies. What a terrific break for me, but poor DH forgot where I went, and was looking for me -- oh dear. He's not used to me being away from him; he goes away, but not the other way around. ;)

I have been praying for DH for peace and calm, plus serene sleep; and today, my Aunt suggested a blessing upon his head, so I started that too. I got him to take the meds today (yesterday he wouldn't), but once he took them he seemed to feel better right away. I hope he senses that so we can continue the positive progress, even if I have to get a bit sneaky for his own good.;)

Eating is going well; really enjoyed a nice hot lunch so had a light dinner. Just taking it easy here tonight while DH enjoys a nice movie -- LILIES OF THE FIELD. Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up ... :flow2:

Chubbygirl253
10-14-2012, 09:29 PM
aww Rosebud, happy birthday!!

:bday2you:

pattygirl63
10-14-2012, 09:47 PM
:celebrate::bday2you::woo:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ROSEBUD
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
GOD BLESS YOU WITH MANY MORE!!!

FLSonShineGirl
10-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Happy BD Rosebud!!!! I'm 54 too. :) I'm glad you got to have a fun "Girls Time out" and had a refreshing visit.

My check in:
10/1/12 166.4
10/8/12 163.4
10/15/12: 162.2 Progress despite slips and falls :) Thank You, Lord!

Paula

bargoo
10-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Rosebud, sorry I missed your birthday, so glad you got to have a time of relaxation. Wishing you many more blessed birthdays.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Awwh, thanks to all of you for those birthday wishes!!! :hug:

Paula ~ yes, progress is progress -- every oz counts in my books!:carrot:

The weather here is yucky today: cold, wet, windy -- but we still made it up town to pay an important & unexpected bill; and I picked up lots of veggies for salads for the next 1-2 weeks (I find romaine lettuce lasts a long time as does cabbage).

Have a great week everyone ... :cool:

EZMONEY
10-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Happy Birthday Rosebud! Big Hug!

Chubbygirl253
10-15-2012, 09:26 PM
today was good. I had a nice 4 hour workout. I'm pleased that my endurance is getting better. Food was good today and I'm fixin to go make dinner. Hope everyone had a happy Monday.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-15-2012, 10:27 PM
:hug:GARY ~ thanks for the BD wishes; hope you're feeling well this week. ^Prayers^ continue ... :)

LAURA ~ good job! I pushed myself to go out for a walk after dinner tonight despite the yucky weather, and still managed to go a full block. It was tough on the back-stretch, but I made it. It started to :rain: on me early on, but I wore a hat & mittens and that helped. DH came out to find me; he's been a bit antsy when I leave the house. I will suggest he come with me from now on, so he doesn't worry. :D

Chubbygirl253
10-17-2012, 01:20 AM
I had a treat of pizza for dinner. But I didn't go over my calories. I had a long workout today, nearly 5 hours. I'm tired tonight but not overly tired. Tomorrow I "graduate" from the 12-week strength training program I have been doing. I think I'll probably take the program again.

NewCyndi
10-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi, I am Cyndi. I am a thirty-something SAHM. I am here looking for support. I need to lose about 2-3 dress sizes. I have no idea what weight that equals on the scale. I just know I am aiming for a 6/8. I'd like to post here daily just to say if I was successful at staying with my nutrition & fitness plan. Accountability helps....or so that is what I have read.

what diets/plans are you all following?
any SAHM with infants and toddlers?

bargoo
10-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Welcome, Cyndi and good luck. After trying every diet out there, or so it seems, I have learned calorie counting works best for me.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-17-2012, 05:08 PM
:welcome: CYNDI ~ looks like you haven't far to go. Like BARGOO, I am on a calorie-counting, portion-based plan becuz I find it so much more flexible and much easier to stick to. We don't have any young mothers in this thread but we do in some other areas of the site. Kids are mentioned here as some are grandparents and aunties/uncles, etc.

We had lovely :sunny: all day yesterday so we got lots of yard work done. We did the front gardens in the AM and I did the vines in the afternoon. I thought I would be too tired to do another walk, but I pushed myself to go after dinner. It was hard on the back-stretch (the last 1/4 really), but I made it! THANK YOU GOD, that my eating has been going well this week!

DH has his good moments and not-so-good ones every day. The meds are helping him sleep better, but some of the other symptoms are more difficult to deal with. He needs special prayers about the imaginations of people that are not there. Oh, I decided just now to hire someone to close up the window in the shed, so he'll get off that topic for good. Thank you GOD for that inspiration!

I am praying blessings of positive thoughts & peace upon him; and I am trying to keep him busy, but that only works for a while. Boy, what a trial/test this is for me; one of the hardest I have ever had to endure in my life. I thank the LORD for the peaceful moments each day. I keep thinking of Psalm 37 -- about not fretting and putting our total TRUST IN HIM every day!

"Trust in the Lord, and do good ... Delight thyself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord, Trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself ..."

Thanks for letting me share this here with you all; it helps me deal with it better. There is no judgement here -- just lots of support, and I appreciate that so much. :hug:

ronni62
10-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Rosebud- Happy Birthday!!sorry it's late, though:o
:bday2::gift::balloons::balloons:

Chubbygirl253
10-18-2012, 01:32 AM
hi y'all. I feel good today. I had a nice workout. Kept it a bit shorter since I'm still recovering from yesterday- tues is my toughest workout of the week. Today I did 3.75 hours and my body is happy with that. Burned 2768calories. Food was fine.

Welcome, Cyndi! I'm not a mommy but I have a 2 yr old nephew and my sis and I share a house so I live with the little guy. And I do my share of babysitting him. (also, I'm calorie counting. I believe you asked what plan we're all on. I use myfitnesspal.com and I have the same user name on there if you are on there and wanna add me CHUBBYGIRL253. It's a great tool.)

:barbell:Today was my graduation from the 12-week strength training program. I got an awesome report card, I just have to share with you guys! My strength has improved in the following areas:
CHEST by 85.7%
ARMS by 80.6%
LEGS by 70.6%
SHOULDERS by 97%
BACK by 25.4%
# OF CRUNCHES I CAN DO by 150%

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pattygirl63
10-18-2012, 09:47 AM
:welcome3:Cyndi. I am counting calories and kind of staying low carb at the same time. I am using MyPlat on LivingStrong.com to keep up with it.

Rosebud - Prayers continue for you and your DH.

Chubbygirl - You are doing well.

DH son and grandson left this morning. Things back to as normal as can be with so many of us living here. I decided yesterday to go back to using LivingStrong.com to count calories. I can also keep up with how many carbs I'm eating at the same time and track weight better. I haven't been able to exercise since I hurt my knee back in the summer when I was going to the YMCA using the machines. I plan to start using my recumbent bike again Monday and just do a few minutes a day and build up slowly "as" my knee lets me do. It is supposed to be good for the knee so hopefully I will be able to get back to exercise.

Blessings to all of you.

NewCyndi
10-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Thank you for the nice welcomes.

Today has started off really well. If I have any weak or frantic moments I promised myself I would pray and do nothing until I hear the Lord speak. Sometimes life with a 2 yr old and an infant can be overwhelming. It often leads me to eat when I know I should pray instead.

auntnelly
10-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Haven't been around much, not posting but "here"

Great results on the strength !! Always encouraging when things are moving in a good direction.

Here we are oK, been really busy with little time for computer stuff.

I DO feel much much better on my new diet. I have had some bumps, but I am loosing INCHES and a bit of weight, only around 6 lbs, but the inches are the amazing thing right now.

I am doing the Metabolism Miracle diet. Something that has helped when Calories in minus calories out never worked and now I know why.

I know this is the wrong thread, but my DH is having some minor health issue right now and he and I could use some prayer. Tuesday he will see a urologist and waiting to understand how "big" the problem is has me near tears....it could be nothing, or not.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
NELLY ~ sending up ^Prayers^ for your DH that his health issue is nothing serious, and that the doctors can solve it for him quickly too. :hug:

Cyndi ~ yes, you have your hands full with a newborn and toddler at the same time; sending up ^prayers^ for guidance and strength for you so that you won't stress eat. Do you take the kiddies out for a walk each day? Have you any videos/dvds with yoga, dance, or exercise programs that you could do with the kiddies watching and/or playing nearby? Your toddler may even want to join in ... ;)

LAURA ~ Wowie -- you had wonderful results from your strength training program!!! :D I used to belong to a gym many moons ago and enjoyed it a lot. I am watching your progress with great interest, and may look into that soon too. I was waiting until I got down to a certain weight to start it, becuz I am also trying to let my knees heal a bit more first too.

TRISH ~ thanks for your prayers. Sending up some ^prayers^ for you that your knee heals up for you again -- I know all about that!

We had a beautiful warm, :sunny: day today -- one of those "Indian Summer Days" with at least 65 F temps. I went for my walks both yesterday and today and pushed just a bit further today, and did fine. Eating is going well this week as well -- Praize GOD for that!!! :cheer2:

EDIT2ADD ~ oh, my DAD just called while I was typing with an update on their tests. PRAIZE GOD, the polyps were clean of C-cells but they will have to do another exploratory in January/2013. Plus my step-mother, GRACE, has a couple more small tumors on her bladder, so she will have surgery to remove them on November 1st (hemorrhaging is an issue with this procedure). I will put this in the PRAYER WARRIORS THREAD and the CURRENT LIST too, as she will need prayers for that too. Thanks everyone!!!

Chubbygirl253
10-19-2012, 01:37 AM
rosebud, keeping your family in prayer with their health concerns.
cyndi, prayers to keep your stress and emotional eating at bay.
auntnelly, this is the perfect place for a prayer request! praying for hubby
thanks patty!

Today I had a very hard workout. 4 hours and 20 mins and I burned 4070 calories. Feels awesome. I'm doing things I never thought I could do! Very proud. And love the results.

bargoo
10-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Laura, I admire your determination. You have every right to be proud !

NewCyndi
10-19-2012, 09:21 AM
A big thanks to those of you who prayed for me.

AuntNelly, I am praying for you!!!

pattygirl63
10-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Nelly - Praying that DH problems are minor... nothing serious. I am also praying for you. I've been in your shoes and know exactly how you feel.

Rosebud - Praying for your step-mom.

I'm so tired after all the company is gone. DD put baby to bed late thinking, I'm sure, that he would sleep in. However, he was awake when I came in to relieve DGD so she could go to school. Couldn't believe it. I usually wake up hours before time to get up, but I've slept until the alarm went off for 2 or 3 days. I'm supposed to go to a church brunch at IHOP tomorrow but not sure I'm going. I may sleep in. Besides not too sure what I could eat at IHOP.

Hope everyone has a blessed Friday and weekend.

NewCyndi
10-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Cyndi ~ yes, you have your hands full with a newborn and toddler at the same time; sending up ^prayers^ for guidance and strength for you so that you won't stress eat. Do you take the kiddies out for a walk each day?

I don't go out for walks but I think that is a good idea. I think being inside all day is not good for any of us. Thank you for suggesting that.

superwoman
10-19-2012, 02:22 PM
I got on the scale today and realized I was down 2lbs...That feels food!

End of the Year Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slide-jump/lb/220/185/213/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Long Term Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/fireworks01/lb/220/155/213/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

bargoo
10-19-2012, 03:39 PM
I got on the scale today and realized I was down 2lbs...That feels food!

End of the Year Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slide-jump/lb/220/185/213/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Long Term Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/fireworks01/lb/220/155/213/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
Congratulations !

Chubbygirl253
10-19-2012, 07:38 PM
hi everyone. today was a good day. today I did a shorter workout, just 3 hours. and it was a more relaxing day filled with yoga, the elliptical, and water aerobics. I feel good. Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day but we'll see.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-21-2012, 07:29 PM
:welcome: SUPERWOMAN ~ nice to have you join us here; and congrats on those 2 lbs ... :D

Had a pretty good weekend here; food was good; walking was good even though it was a bit damper and cooler this weekend, but I went out anyways. I have found a good route for myself that doesn't feel too bad -- it's about one full block, which is plenty for me for now. Getting that done comfortably on a daily or EOD basis is my goal for this year.

DH is still having some sleeping problems but we do have an appt for next week to get some meds for his specific issues. We are hoping that works out well. He is tired from a night of fitful sleeping and is sleeping now :dizzy: -- of course, his sleeping schedule is totally screwed up becuz of that. I tried to sort that out a bit, but co-operation is an issue there. Nevertheless, today went pretty good despite all that.

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up. We may get some :sunny: tomorrow -- hope they are right! :D

Chubbygirl253
10-22-2012, 12:14 AM
this weekend was good. yesterday was my rest day. did plenty of walking shopping. Food was good this weekend. Today I worked out for 4.5 hours and burned 3650+ calories.

auntnelly
10-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks all!

DH decided he wanted me to go to his apt with him tomorrow if it can be worked out...I wanted to just stay home and try and distract myself instead :o but I'll go since he wants me to. Not totally excited about it though.

So many new folks here! Glad to see everyone ... wish I had more time to spend getting to know you all, I am trying to at least read here a couple times a week when I have time...maybe next week will be better!

auntnelly
10-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Oh and my sister spent some time with my dad last week.
says his short term memory is really bad :( I NEED to get back with my step mother about his meds, I think she may not be on top of that very well.

wilma12
10-23-2012, 09:48 AM
I just read back through 2 weeks of posts. There's a lot happening here. I am praying for the needs and rejoicing with the victories!

I have been on holidays and of course my eating went with it. We went to Minneapolis for a few days and had a really good time. It was hard to get back into eating properly after eating in restaruants for 4 days. I was very busy doing yard work and painting in the house so I got exercise. I just wasn't eating on schedule or making proper choices. Now that I'm back at work I hope to get back on track.

Have a great week!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Wilma ~ glad you had a good time in Minneapolis; I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time at all. :)

NELLY ~ ^prayers^ for your DH and you; I'm sure he appreciates your support at this time.

WE went to the hospital to do the tests and found out I have to fast for them; so back we go tomorrow and next week. So we ran a few other errands today instead. We had some lovely :sunny: so I went out for a nice long walk this afternoon. Gonna go to bed earlier tonight; didn't get much sleep last night and have to get up early tomorrow for a test. Have to fast on water til then so I hope my blood sugar levels stay balanced through the night. Eating has been very good this week and getting lots of exercise in too; very happy about that!!!

Have a wonderful week everyone ... :hug:

Chubbygirl253
10-24-2012, 02:35 AM
hi everyone, just checking in. I'm pooped so I'm off to bed.

bargoo
10-24-2012, 09:16 AM
rosebud, good luck on your test I am praying that you test will show no problems. Praying always for strength for you for your needs physically and otherwise.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks, BARGOO ~ I appreciate that so much ... two tests down today. Two for next Monday (or more; they may surprise me). I have a feeling more are coming ... ;)

LAURA ~ oh, that dress is beautiful!!! You will look great in it, I'm sure!

We had really cold, wet, windy, and chilly weather today; I still did a walk but I was really slow, but then I was out at 6:30 am looking for our furry baby DH let go, and thank GOD, I found him. Then we went for the tests, so I got lots of walking in today.

Here I thought if I went to bed earlier last night, I'd get more sleep; not so with DH roaming the house all hours. Maybe tonight I will get some, I pray! I think I'll sleep from exhaustion. We go to get DH's meds tomorrow which should include some sleeping pills, so maybe that will help finally.

A guy we know came by to do estimates on some small jobs we need done around here. I would like to use my dryer this year so that is the first one he'll do. Then fix the shed for DH (for peace of mind); then put some rails on the front porch steps for the winter; and also some down our basement stairway as well. So glad to be finally getting them done. :D

pattygirl63
10-25-2012, 08:54 AM
:wave:

auntnelly
10-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Just checking in very quickly, have to catch up on alot of things today that I didn't get done the last week due to my open house.

Any how...thanks for the prayers! I was going to go in with my DH for his apt with the urologist, but our daughter got sick and I couldn't. He texted me several times while there and I almost came unglued waiting to hear what they found in his bladder. Dr said 50% chance of bladder cancer with his symptoms.
Any how, there were no visible signs of bladder cancer, they did do some kind of test to confirm that. They saw 2 kidney stones, so are thinking his symptoms are due to that, but want to do a CT scan next week to be sure there are no more issues going on. Meanwhile, DH's symptoms are starting to clear, so maybe the stones passed and now it is the end ... we can pray the Lord has answered.

Also, the CT scan would go on our $3000 out of pocket, costing $1700+) before the insurance pays, but praise God our hospital has a payment assistance program for low income families and we qualify for it to be written off, so it won't cost us anything. We do, however owe around $400 to the Dr and some other things we haven't gotten yet. We will be paying on that for years.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-26-2012, 03:27 PM
PRAIZE GOD, NELLY ~ for answered prayers for your DH! We pray that there will be nothing else there; and he'll be feeling chipper once again. :)

:wave: TRISH ~ hope all is well with you presently; ^prayers^ continue for your situation ...:hug:

We got lots done this week. Our repairman came and put the basement stair rails in for us, and fixed the back shed too. Doctors appts done, a couple of tests done, and new meds for DH, which we hope will help him. Furnace guy came this AM, and cleaned our furnace for us too.

Eating has been really good. I can't have any red meat right now and some veggies are limited for a test I am doing for Monday, plus I will be having an ultrasound that day too. Hope my small bladder can hold the water OK.

It's colder today as the wind is pretty strong. Will have to dress up much warmer if I want to do a walk later today. Gee, we may have to pull out the winter coats, if this keeps up. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend coming up ... :D

EDIT2ADD: well, the winds calmed down, the sky cleared, and I had a really nice walk tonight after dinner. The moon and stars were out and that was nice too. :)

pattygirl63
10-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Nelly I praise God for the answered prayers for your DH. I pray nothing else is there and he will be fine.

Rosebud Hope the new meds are working well for you DH.

Things are peaceful right now. I just saw a post on FB by DSIL where he told someone that he was in FL visiting his son and he is coming back here on Sunday morning, but that he will be back for good when school is done. I just read it to DH, because obviously they plan to move back down there when she is done with school. I think they should be telling us their plans. I just wish I knew if that is going to be when she is through with LPN school in December or if they think they are staying here until she finishes her RN online school in 8 months. From things he is saving to me, I think they are going to be surprised as I am as to how he feels about things. He said if they start talking about them moving back, that he wants us to push for them to go. That surprised me. So perhaps there will be an end to this.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Trish ~ yes, they should be discussing their plans with you for sure. Your SD can do her RN online in FL -- and in the meanwhile, she could get a part-time job with her LPN degree to earn money and get experience there as well. Her DH could get a job there too, esp if they are planning on moving back there anyways. Sounds like he can't wait to go back. ^Prayers^ continue that they are more forthright with you. :hug:

pattygirl63
10-27-2012, 09:07 PM
hi everyone, just checking in. I'm pooped so I'm off to bed.

The dress is beautiful and I'm sure you will be beautiful in it.

pattygirl63
10-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Trish ~ yes, they should be discussing their plans with you for sure. Your SD can do her RN online in FL -- and in the meanwhile, she could get a part-time job with her LPN degree to earn money and get experience there as well. Her DH could get a job there too, esp if they are planning on moving back there anyways. Sounds like he can't wait to go back. ^Prayers^ continue that they are more forthright with you. :hug:

The real surprise was when I was getting to go to bed. You know I wondered how DH really feels about me. He actually came to me and hugged and kissed me good night. This tells me that the situation has been the problem not me. He talked about how good it is going to be when it is just the 2 of us. That really felt good to learn.

Chubbygirl253
10-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi everyone! I had a great time with my hunny this weekend and I'm home now. The 2.5 hr drive home was yucky and rainy. Glad to be home. I miss him already though.
Barely resisted showing him the wedding dress picture because I can't keep a secret and I'm excited! But somehow I managed to keep it to myself. Luckily he has more discipline and wants to be surprised at the wedding so he won't let me show him. He's stronger than me. Poor guy will prolly never get a Christmas, anniversary, or bday gift that I haven't spilled the beans about. Don't ever tell me your secrets. I can't keep them. :o

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-27-2012, 10:35 PM
TRISH ~ I suspected as much. Your DH was probably just stressed out to his max at that time. So glad you had that wonderful discussion. :hug:

LAURA ~ that's so cute. He sounds like a great guy. So happy for you too! :D

DH & I went out for a walk after dinner, and even though it was colder, it wasn't too bad. We ran into a neighbour and had a wee chat for awhile. Had a good weekend here. 3 days of new meds for DH; so far, so good. :crossed: Food was good all weekend and did my walking too. Very glad for that.

Hope you all have a super serene Sunday tomorrow ... :hug:

Chubbygirl253
10-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks rosebud, he's such a big teddy bear.

So I only have 3 days after today to meet my Oct goals. have some hard work ahead. today was good. burned almost 3000 calories. took a really hard class called HEAT and everyone there was really fit. they were so encouraging and supportive. they literally cheered me on as I was finishing several minutes behind all of them. it felt good.

Decorlover
10-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi girls, I am new on this site and have been spending the whole morning reading a bunch of posts. I need to get busy, but I will check back with you all later. Have a great day, and God bless each one of you!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-29-2012, 07:58 PM
:welcome: DECORLOVER ~ glad you found us over here. Always happy to have more people join us ... :D

LAURA ~ that group sounds great. Kudos to you for doing so well with that HEAT challenge ... :carrot:

So, had a good day. It was windy and cold but we got everything done. Had my ultrasound test; and yes, I have to have a CT SCAN too (kinda figured that). Just waiting for the date & time; but have to go to the nearest city hospital for that one.

After that, we went grocery shopping; got lots of specials, lean meats, fruit & veggies too. Did lots of walking, so will pass on that until tomorrow. We had a few ***** sprinkles but they didn't stay. Our repairman came and put in the dryer vent and the rails on the front porch for us today. Yeah, so glad to get those little jobs all done and paid for before winter.

Hope you all have a great week coming up ... :cool:

psychnurse05
10-29-2012, 08:02 PM
I am coming here for support. I recently switched from Atkins ( low carb) to weight watchers... It is scary for me and I need a good support team. I hope you all are doing well and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Anyone else switch from Atkins to WW in the past? How did it go?

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-29-2012, 08:13 PM
:welcome3: Psychnurse ~ happy you joined us over here too. I have done both Atkins and WW in the past, but not sure of the order. I have lost weight on all the diets I tried, but I found the calorie-portion plan I am on now the best one for me; it is so flexible and helped with health issues I had (but no longer have), as I needed balance for my blood sugar levels. I found this one was the one that I could stick with the longest too (about 7 years now).

Many people have great success with WW -- so give it a good go and see what happens. This group here is very supportive and friendly ... :D

bargoo
10-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Welcome Decorlover and psychnurse05, good luck to you both.

Chubbygirl253
10-30-2012, 01:33 AM
:welcome: decorlover and psychnurse05! you'll like this thread. glad you found us!

psychnurse- my mama did atkins and then ww and now calorie counting like me. I did ww and now I just use myfitnesspal.com to track my calories and exercise. I love it. And it's free.

today was a good day. worked out for 4 hours. burned 4184 calories. did 13 miles. I really made a dent in those Oct goals, I have no doubts about making them. lost 2 more pounds. yay! HEAT was hard but I'm glad I did it. I almost didn't stay because a lady was mean to me. But I'm not gonna let anyone scare me away from doing what I need to do. I stood up to her because I won't cave into bullies and I finished the class with my head held high.

psychnurse05
10-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks Chubbygirl, barrgo, and Justwant2beHeatlhy! I am so glad I found this thread! I am setting my goal to lose 5-10lbs by Thanksgiving. Over the holidays is a hard time to lose weight but I will do it!! Way to go Chubbygirl. You are my role model!!! I am going to go to the rec center today and renew my membership.

I have always been heavy for my height, but I also have a lot of muscle mass. When I was athletic my dad always said he was jealous of my calves. He couldn't bulk his up like mine where naturally. I am hoping to get back into a size 16 or maybe even 14 for my ending goal. I am really not trying to lose for a special reason other than trying to get healthy. I know that God will bless me in my journey if I include him in it.

Chubbygirl253
10-30-2012, 01:47 PM
thanks pattygirl just saw your message about my dress, don't know I missed that before. looks like that was a couple days ago. so, thank you!

psychnurse- what u said about including God in your weightloss is sooooo true. I felt led to ask a friend for prayers regarding my diet/weightloss when I first started. I truly feel that decision was a nurging from the Lord. I asked a friend that I know keeps me lifted up in prayer anyway to pray specfically for me in this particular area. I give her updates and tell her my challenges and she keeps it in her prayers. We both listen to our local christian station and I tell her which songs I work out to (on my phone) and how they are motivating me. When she hears them on the radio she says a special prayer for me.

Chubbygirl253
10-31-2012, 02:14 AM
I finished my Oct goals a day early! I worked so so so hard.
did 82 hrs of cardio (goal was 75)
did 201 miles (goal was 200)
69,548 calories burned (goal was 60,000)
I can't wait to weigh and measure tomorrow!

psychnurse05
10-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Awesome Chubbygirl! I am so excited for you. What songs do you listen to to motivate you. I know the Christian music stations are different but there are so many songs to choose from. Which work the best for you!?

ronni62
10-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi, everyone!

WELCOME to our newbies!

It's been a busy & stressful couple weeks, but we're getting through! I posted this in the prayer warriors, but want to share that DH's strike has been averted. The contract was ratified, even though it's going to be a bad contract, but no one could afford a strike.

Still learning to navigate these food allergies. Found out that my favorite dark chocolate-my only treat-has milk in it! The label changed, but I didn't read it until I had symptoms again:p So, I'm being much more careful and reading labels even though I've already read them previously. Mostly, I'm cooking everything from scratch and not buying anything 'quick' anymore. So, after finding that out and cutting the dark chocolate, I'm down another pound this week!

I'll be back later-must go help DS3 with some schoolwork!

wilma12
10-31-2012, 12:18 PM
It's been a rough couple of weeks for me. I can't seem to get back into the groove of eating properly. I do well for breakfast and lunch but can't seem to leave the food alone in the evening. I really need prayer for this. I was doing so well and now it's a struggle.

Ronnie: You're doing great. I should try to go wheat free for a while. I know that if I don't eat my veggies everyday I really feel it.

Laura: You are going great also. Wow, you do work out alot. I could never sustain what you do. Can't wait to hear your results!

Psychnurse: I agree with you. Having God be a part of this journey is important. Who cares for you more? You've set a realistic goal for yourself. I'll be praying for you!

Rosebud: I love reading your daily posts. You have such a positive attitude about everything. God bless you! I'm praying for you and your hubbie.

Decorlover: Welcome! This is a great place for support!

Hello to everyone else! Have a great day!

ronni62
10-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Wilma-If you feel like wheat may be causing you issues or cravings, I definitely encourage you to cut it out for a couple weeks and see what happens. I read the book "Wheat Belly" right after finding out about my allergies and it was very eye-opening to me. My terrible food cravings and non-stop evening munching went away completely after getting the wheat out. I also get bad belly issues if I get either the wheat or the dairy, besides the asthma attacks and throat itching...and heart palpitations.

Our church is having it's annual King's Kids (halloween alternative) event tonight. Lots of games, prizes, food, and bags of treats for kids pre-school through 6th grade. It's a huge event for our church and we average about 150 kids from our church and outside the church, plus their families, so it's a great outreach opportunity and they'll hear God's word in many different ways tonight:) The church even asks that families don't dress in scary or occult costumes, so we see a lot of happy &/or Biblical costumes! One year, our son's friends, Mark and Luke, dressed as the Bible books Mark and Luke:lol: We usually even see Jesus and Mary! I get to work the prize table, which is hectic, but easier than chasing bean bags and Nerf darts!

So, I guess I need to start getting ready to go to town. I don't dress in costume-I have issues with costumes-but I do need to at least look presentable;)

Have a great evening!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-31-2012, 07:53 PM
HI RONNIE ~ nice to hear from you. Glad your DH is still working and there was no strike. I'm sure you are happy that you found a way around your allergies. I had to cut my dairy way back, and I do limit my wheat products a bit too, but I don't have your issues with wheat. I have to have enuff carbs to balance my sugars, but I am doing well with that. That church event sounds like a lot of fun for everyone.

WILMA ~ thanks! I used to have that evening problem too. Now I come on here, go for a walk, and found a few snacks that didn't cause binging that have helped me with that. I also make sure to have a filling dinner and that has helped too. My go to snacks for the evening these days are apples, chz, a drink, and/or fiber cereal.

LAURA ~ congrats on meeting and exceeding your October goals. I am also amazed at how much you do each day as well! We wait with baited breath for the results ... ;)

PSYCHNURSE ~ it sounds like you have reasonable goals. Wish you much success with them.

:wave: HI BARGOO, GARY, and any other MIA's that may be lurking, like our friend BOOTSIE ... hope you are having a great day.

We had more :rain: today -- almost all day long. We have big puddles in front of our house. It didn't stop some of the kiddies from going out though. I have been hybernating indoors. We are hoping this weather holds out for the next two days as we have two out-of-town trips: one for glasses for both of us tomorrow, and one for my CT Scan on Friday.

I did some winter clothes sorting today for about 2-3 hours at least. It was nice to fit into about 5 pairs of pants that were just a tad tight before. Two I can wear now, and three just need the hems taken up. A lot of my tops are getting very long on me though, but that's OK. I didn't realize trying on clothes was so exerting until today -- phew!

Food was good today and all this week really. I was on my feet a lot so got lots of exercise walking back and forth, back & forth. Did some laundry too; so nice to have the dryer to use now as well. :D

Chubbygirl253
10-31-2012, 11:26 PM
well my measurements results were underwhelming. I basically broke even. Lost in some places but my bust grew 2 inches and each thigh grew an inch. Huh? Mom says its because of all the fitness classes I'm taking. But if I'm replacing fat with muscle it should be taking up less space. oh well, no one ever promised this would be a quick process. We might just double-check the results since usually mom measures me in my unders but tonight we were doing it fully clothed in her living room between rounds of trick-or-treaters so there *could've* been some inaccuracy but I won't hold my breath.

I took Aiden trick-or-treating and he made out like a bandit all day. He was a cute little doctor with scrubs, labcoat, and stethoscope. Took him to the nursing home my sister works at and those old folks sure loved him to pieces! He was a real hit.

I've set my goals for Nov. To burn 70,000 calories, to do 85 hours of cardio, and to do 258 miles (random # i know. its the # of miles to my hunny's house twice. gonna make a couple virtual visits) also, I wanna take 40 fitness classes this month as well as participate in a new weightloss challenge at the Y. So Nov will be a full month!

Chubbygirl253
10-31-2012, 11:51 PM
oh ya- I got side-tracked and finished my post before I was finished.

Wilma- I'll pray for your food issues and snacking. it is tough. sometimes exercise curbs my appetite. sometimes it makes me ravenous and I wanna eat the furniture.

Ronnie- your church's King's Kids night sounds great. Our church calls it the Hallelujah Party instead of Halloween Party. No haunted house, only non-scary costumes, biblical games and activities, pumpkin desserts. This year the kids that came to my door were all so sweet and had nice manners.

psychnurse-I have so many fave Christian bands (contemporary christian music) Tenth Avenue North, Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, Toby Mac, Michael W Smith, Francesca Batastelli, and more.
Songs I love: Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave, Come to Me by Jamie Grace, 10,000 reasons by Matt Redman, My hope is in you by Aaron Shust, Sparrow by Audrey Assad, Something Beautiful by Needtobreathe, and Learning to be the Light by newworldson. (and so many more I can't name them all!)

Decorlover
11-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Thank you, girls, for the warm welcome! I am so impressed with everyone! Laura, you are amazing! I have never known anyone to exercise that much, wow, you put the rest of us to shame, lol. Hopefully your dedication will inspire me to work out more. I spent most of my day sitting at the computer, reading on this site and a few others. I started out the day well, but ended up making dessert for my bible study group and then over-ate. Tomorrow is a new day and I will try to remember I need to turn to Jesus instead of food when I am bored or whatever. Blessings to you all! I will include you guys in my prayers tonight!

Decorlover
11-01-2012, 03:21 PM
First day of November, the month of Thanksgiving! Today I am thankful for my grandson, Ezra, who was born 4 years ago, today!

I am posting lots in order to get a timeline, so I hope I don't drive you all crazy, lol. Have a great day!

Laura, I want to know how you exercise so much in a day! Do you do it all at once or break it up into segments? I am thinking I should try to increase what I do, which is only the elliptical and a few weights every other day!

psychnurse05
11-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks everyone I love the encouragement and prayers!

WILMA- I too have problems in the afternoon. I work nights so I eat part of my points in the night then sleep from 8-12 then pick up my kids and want to graze all afternoon. UG... I need a good bible study workbook to keep me busy.( Any recommendations?)
I hope you all are doing well. I have my WW starter kit coming in the mail tomorrow, so I will officially begin Monday. I want to read up before I jump in and have no idea what I am doing.

Prayers to all!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-01-2012, 07:50 PM
PSYCHNURSE ~ gee, you don't get much sleep each day. Mine is fitful these days too, as I often wake up when I hear DH moving around in the night, or the back door opening and closing. I hope I am getting 4-6 hours over all, but not sure about that either.

DECORLOVER ~ post away; there is no limit on posting and you won't bother us at all ... ;)

LAURIE ~ it is very possible to build some muscle mass in your chest and thighs during the first year at a gym. Don't worry about that -- it is actually a bonus becuz muscle uses up more calories each day. Go ahead and do a re-measure, but overall you will lose inches everywhere in the long run, even in places like your forearms, neck, back, ankles, and wrists. :)

We had a good trip out of town to get our glasses today. The weather was raining wet snow on the way, but the roads were OK. It was even better on the way home: good visability & clear roads. We have to go back in 2-3 weeks to pick them up when they are ready. I have some funky new glasses for sure -- I kept laughing & laughing as I was trying them on as they sure make me look different.

Early tomorrow AM, we head to the city for my CT Scan for my abdomen. Praying we have good weather and clear roads for that trip. I think we may becuz the street out front is half bare now, but then it will depend on how much of the white ***** stuff falls overnight too.

Of course, our yard is a Wonderful Winter Wonderland out there. We seem to have more snow than the neighbours do -- I wonder why? It sure looks pretty though. My SIL said that our front bushes look like they have big cotton balls hanging on them, and they do too.

So, had a good day; food was very good. Not a lot of exercise -- just my toning and a little walking, so will try to do something else to make up for that -- how about dancing? Oh ya, and will do my weights too! Will have lots of walking in tomorrow, so that will likely help some.

Have fantastic Friday everyone ... :D

ronni62
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Rosebud-You'll definitely be in my prayers for your CT tomorrow. Good news about your step-mom!

Laura-we share very similar music taste! Got to see Tenth Avenue North in concert a few months ago and they were great!

Our church's event was great last night! So, today I've been taking it easy. I don't do well if I have too many busy days in a row and I think I have to go to town tomorrow, so I decided to rest today.

Everyone have a great evening!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-03-2012, 08:13 PM
THANKS, RONNIE ~ ^prayers^ continue for you and yours too ... :hug:

We had a good day today; food was good too (we had fish tonight). There was no sun like they predicted but the snow on the roads did melt a bit, and we still have some in the yard. I kept busy doing stuff indoors today: finished sorting clothes and packing them away. Threw some old stuff out too. Did laundry and other small household chores to catch up as well. Just tried to keep busy and get some indoor exercise while doing it. ;)

Hope you all have a good night and a wonderful weekend ... :D

Misti in Seattle
11-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone

Apparently this October thread is still active (don't see a November one) so will go ahead and post here. I get so busy in the forum that I don't come to this thread often but definitely need to be in here!

Everyone have a great Sunday tomorrow.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-03-2012, 11:07 PM
MISTI ~ thanks for reminding me -- I'll go and start a new NOVEMBER Thread right now. See you all there ... ;)