40-Somethings - October Chat!

View Full Version : October Chat!

Sheila22
10-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Hello Everyone!

Thought I would start our chat thread for October! Long work week coming up - - early mornings, late evenings...which is very frustrating because my runs are going to be more difficult to work in - that said, I'm not giving up! I'm going to set my alarm extra early and run in the mornings - -

Spa day with a girlfriend on Friday - I can't wait!!!!

Happy October!

olleharr
10-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Happy October to you too! This week I'm struggling with making a wedding cake for my nephew. I promised I'd do it earlier in the year before I started dieting otherwise I would have declined. It's not easy making cake without taste testing. Wedding on Saturday and I leave for vacation on Sunday for a week. October will be testing every ounce of my willpower. ;^(

Sum38
10-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Woot! A new hangout! :comp:

Moving Forward
10-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Hi ladies! Let's make October a good month.

The wedding cake situation sounds like a challenge. I'm worrying about the Halloween candy. When the Snickers bars come out...oh boy.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. :)

masterptr
10-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Hi Sheila,
I am happy to see that our goal is pretty close.
I wish you the best of luck till you get to your goal & Happy October to you too!!!!!

xirene
10-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Happy October! The month I've been waiting for, for close to a year now! (I decided last Halloween that I was leaving my now ex-BF and moving back home to NJ...and now my move is 10 days away!)

Hoping the extra exercise I get with last-minute packing, moving and then unpacking helps to knock off a few pounds. :cool:

InATizzy
10-02-2012, 10:34 AM
I love October. I've got a lot of events planned this month-2 parties, a speech and a luncheon to attend. I think as long as I keep exercising my weight should go down.
Xirene-moving definitely burns extra calories.

Joan
10-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Good morning! Yes, October 1 was a good day to begin. I ate well, stuck to plan, lost that first pound and a half of water weight.....all good.

Part of my resolve is to check in here and post at least once a day, as part of the routine.

October is a great month, though Halloween begins the holiday goody season...

Sum38
10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
:welcome2: ladies! :grouphug:

I think I have the horrid flu. Fever, chills and runny nose. YUCK! -- So when I get sick I eat like a pig. I don't know why :dunno: I have no appetite but I just keep stuffing my face :lol: Therefore I am sure I will gain a pound or two during my down time :no: :no:

Sending everybody :dust:

dangerouscurvesahead
10-02-2012, 05:25 PM
hi ladies~
i love october n all its changes! I started it with a change too! yesterday my 1st dreaded Tabata class which was killer but an awesome class soooo... twice a week for the month of october. doing a "class" is also new to me n that was awesome in itself. i also vowed to do a 30 minute session on the elliptical in reverse once a week, did that today! i also bought PB2 yesterday n tried it this a.m. can i just say...YUM! change keeps things fresh n exciting so heres hoping you all do/try something new this month!

kelijpa
10-02-2012, 10:47 PM
hope you feel better soon, I made DH some chicken soup with lots of veggies, no noodles, he was a little under the weather.

It's my TOM, not feeling too perky myself, hopefully I'll wake up feeling better.

Feel like I'm doing well on program, so not all doom and gloom...even though the halloween season is fast approaching...was kind of let down to see xmas stuff in the stores already, let's enjoy fall for a little bit, eh?!

best to all
:sunny:

austinaus
10-03-2012, 08:20 AM
It's so nice and cool here this week that I'm fighting the urge to buy pumpkin ale and bake a pie.

I take weekends off though so maybe some weekend coming up. =)

Sum38
10-03-2012, 08:20 AM
So nice to see many active posters!!

kelijpa I have not shopped that much lately, but xmas stuff out already...that is crazy!! -- I was thinking about decorating for Halloween this weekend.

My weight keeps creeping up. :no: I am eating out of boredom, I think. -- I need something to fill my days. My husband travels for work a lot, oldest DD is in college and youngest son just turned 16 and after receiving his driver's license, I am literally no longer needed :lol: One can only clean house so much. So I am thinking about getting a part time job. -- Anyone here who is working part time? And what do you do? -- I have a lot of education behind me, but my degrees are outdated (business and law), and secondly, I don't want a "serious" job anyways, I still want to be available when kids come home and when hubby is home from his travels.... I am thinking about applying at White House Black Market, since I love their clothing so much, and it would be fun to get dressed up a few times per week and talk to people and dress them up. -- I managed a Limited store whilst I was in college, so retail is no new concept for me.

Any ideas appreciated!!!!

Joan
10-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Well, second day in and already I binged last night. The ol' "if one cookie, why not six? And some chips?" thing. Bleh.

So--lost nothing. Stayed the same. My mini goal is to get under 180 next week.

Back on the horse.

austinaus
10-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi Joan =)

I wouldn't last long if I didn't take days off. I've just started building them into my weekly plan.

Otherwise I'd never see my friends. (Or a movie because our theater is also a restaurant...)

Austinaus

NEMom
10-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Good morning all! Sounds like fall is most of your favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather and the colors but I HATE that it is dark when I get up and there is only an hour of sunlight when I get off work.
I am getting really discouraged. My scale is up to 165 the last couple of days and I just do not understand why. Have I been 100% OP, no, but I have not been 'bad' enough to explain a four pound gain. Kept hoping it was just water weight but it is not coming off.
I have struggled to maintain my original loss for over a year and for the past year have been stuck and cannot get the last 10lbs off that I want. Beginning to wonder if I am stuck in the 160's forever. I have plenty of fat to loose yet, just won't go away.

InATizzy
10-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Sum38- I have a part time job of sorts. It's a small cafe open 2 days a week. But I'll be moving in a year or so and I so I'll have to change my job. I'm thinking of taking a med tech or pharmacy tech course. I've got no marketable skills really.

NEmom- do you have a diet buddy? My friend and I message each other every morning after hopping on the scale. It really helps keep us motivated.

Sum38
10-03-2012, 11:43 AM
InATizzy My DD is studying to be a pharmacist, and one of the possible PT jobs was a pharm tech. I know CVS hires with out certification, they "train" their own.

dangerouscurvesahead
10-03-2012, 02:43 PM
good afternoon ladies~
NE that is definitely a downfall for me the getting dark earlier it makes me shut down so much quicker n so much harder to motivate in the a.m. (im already NOT a morning person as it is). but since i know that once winter comes my whole demeanor changes for the negative i just really try to soak in as much as i can now! i feel the same about my 2teens i just cant seem to get out of them! i feel changes in me n my body but not in the scale, it drives me nuts!

xirene
10-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Ah, another sign it is October here in Colorado- the mountains are forecast to get snow tonight. SO glad I will be out of here before the snow starts in the foothills later this month. Hoping for no snow in NJ until around Thanksgiving! :D

Sum38
10-03-2012, 06:00 PM
xirene SNOW!!! I LOVE SNOW! -- We are thinking about moving to CO in 2 years :lol:

Sum38
10-03-2012, 06:26 PM
I should not be so happy about the winter... my flu turned out to be a nasty one. My ear started bleeding today...another burst ear drum; throat infection, double ear infection, sinus infection and upper respiratory infection....fun, fun, fun!! And TOM should get here in a day or two :lol3:

kelijpa
10-03-2012, 09:17 PM
oh my gosh Sum, I feel so bad for you, that's terrible. Get well soon!

I felt better today, weird day it's been chilly so I dressed warm and walk out and it's like 60 degrees and humid, I stuck it out with the layers, but had to take off my sweater when I walked today. DH made tilapia and mashed cauliflower it was so good, I had to stop from stuffing myself, I thought it's only cauliflower (I think I'm spelling that wrong) but figure it's still not ok to stuff yourself til you feel like it's coming out your ears...

NEMom, I say again you should focus on how great you're doing keeping it off, especially if it's a struggle, think how many people would have given up, when your body is ready you'll get down. If I could have maintained like you are I wouldn't still need to lose 30 lbs. I'm proud of you!

They mentioned some wet snow possible in the higher elevations, I choose to ignore for now, the leaves are still changing, I want it to slow down a bit, although I love snowshoeing...:D

best to all

angien075
10-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Sum38, you poor thing! Ear infections are the worst not to mention all the other stuff you are dealing with! I hope you feel better soon!

I am just at the beginning of this journey and I am already struggling. I was so hungry yesterday that I ate more than usual. At least it wasn't junk, but I did eat more of my regular food than normal. I think I am starting to PMS so that is probably why. Also, I am went back to school to get my master's in nursing (almost done!) and my schedule with my student teaching this semester is horrible! I do eat better when I am busy though so that is one plus!

Hoping I get into the groove of this lifestyle change soon!

Sum38
10-04-2012, 10:08 AM
:welcome2: angien075 Sometimes it is sooooo hard to start. Do you log your food to keep yourself accountable? Myfitnesspal.com is awesome, it is like a facebook for dieters. (Anyone feel free to add me Kristiina67....see ALL i's :lol:) I also set a stop watch on my phone between each meal. Sounds crazy but it works.... I want to see LONG stretches between meals.

Welcome, and happy to have you here! :hug:

NEMom
10-04-2012, 10:40 AM
kelijpa- Thank you for the kinds words. I do need to take time to give myself credit for maintaining my loss even though it has been a struggle.

Sum - OMG girlie. I feel so bad for you! I hope you get some good drugs and feel better soon!

My scale was down just a little bit this morning .8 oz. Not sure why it is so high, I was hoping the increase was water weight but it should be gone by now. SIGH. I have kept my food low and still exercise 5 days a week. Hoping to see a drop soon.

InATizzy
10-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the CVS info Sum38.

TGIF! I'm so glad this week is over. I've been walking over 10000 steps per day and eating has been good but not perfect. Zero weight loss on the scale. I know my numbers will change soon.

Sum38
10-05-2012, 08:37 AM
InATizzy I am as well happy that it is TGIF!!! :cheers:

What a lousy week I had. I think I am getting better, tho. Meds are kicking in. Flu season sucks.

NEMom Hopefully the weight it is just your muscles repairing themselves! Just watch, you will have a nice drop on a scale when you least expected it.

Surprisingly, my scale is down 2 1/2 pounds since Saturday. BUT.... I was REALLY bloated and heavy because of TOM. I still have ways to go to get back down to 140's....

I am definitely taking a 4-5 mile walk today. My furbaby is about to burst because momma has been sick and as you all know, kids don't actually exercise their pets :lol:

Have a fit and fab day everyone!!!

kelijpa
10-05-2012, 09:38 AM
It's a beautiful day today, I'm going to get out and enjoy it.
I had to get a little pep talk from DH this morning, I was only down .4 at our weekly weigh-in, for some reason I was expecting to lose tons, I don't know why, well I do know why, flawed thinking, I let myself get so caught up in it this week...actually shed a couple tears.

When I logged my weigh-in on the weekly board, i saw that I've lost 6 lbs. over the last 5 weeks, so I need to stop feeling sorry for myself, any loss in TOM week is good and reading Sum's message to NEMom, I know this week's work is going to carry over to make next week better...no great expectations though...:goodvibes

best to all and thank goodness for DH and 3FC!

xirene
10-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Woke up to 1/2" of snow on grass and trees this morning. WAY too early for that white stuff! One week to go until the move, Colorado couldn't wait until I was gone, eh? ;)

Wearing my new size 16 jeans. Looked in the mirror and for the first time in years, my first thought was "I look pretty good!" not "OMG I look so fat..."

Sum38
10-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Good Morning lovely Ladies :sunny:

I lost 4.5 pounds of bloat this week. I am back at 155.5 pounds where I was 2 weeks ago, before TOM madness started. Do I dare to try to set a goal to get down to 150 by Halloween? It is totally doable, if I just have the will power. :crossed:

I had a nice and fast walk yesterday. Feels good to have this cold almost over. Eating was OP as well. So I am happy :D

I had my nails done and I picked orange for Halloween and dark purple, almost black for my toes.

xirene I grew up in Finland where it basically snows 9 months out of 12, and I miss it. -- :woohoo: on your new jean size and feeling fab in them!

kelijpa Wow, 6 pounds in 5 weeks!! That is awesome!!!! Gotta focus on the big picture. That is nearly 4 LARGE grapefruit size clumps of fat!! WTG!!:cp:

Sending :dust: to all!

kelijpa
10-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks Sum! That makes me feel so much better, I let it go, but words of encouragement make it better for sure!

The joys of being a woman, yeah...lol

here's to better days ahead!

Sheila22
10-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Hello Everyone!

I'm so sorry I've been AWOL! Super busy work week - but I did manage to make time for running albeit not as many days as I would have liked.

139 this morning (TOM) - I'm hoping to be at 137 by this time next week. Going to jump on the treadmill here in a few minutes - really not motivated, and would prefer just sitting on my butt, however.... ;)

...so I'm going to "do the time"....

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Sheila

guacamole
10-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Hello, lovely ladies! Another quick drive-by here to say hello. I have been on a "staycation" of sorts for almost 2 weeks now. Hubby and kids are off from work and school, tons of family in town, and tons of fattening meals. I haven't had time to exercise for the past week or so. This will continue into the coming week. I haven't weighed myself in over 2 weeks and I am very afraid. As usual, I am glad for the family time and celebrations, but I am frustrated at not being in my usual routine. I feel like I will never reach my goal with all of these "interruptions." It's no wonder so many people in my community have weight problems and I don't want to be another statistic. It's really hitting home how much those of us trying to lose weight have to step out of "the normal way" of eating and exercising and living in order to do so. Going with the communal flow will lead to obesity - it did for me - or at least it enabled me to get there. I hope to be back and join all of you with regular check-ins and my goal firmly on my mind every day in another week or so when all the hubbub dies down and everyone gets back into their routines - including me.

Good luck, everyone! :hug:

syndehat
10-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I think guacamole brings up an interesting point. I think we all would agree that it is easiest to commit to our weight loss plan and to stick with it when we don't have any "distractions" of life to lead us astray. The problem is that (for me anyway) there will ALWAYS be distractions/complications/barriers to use as "reasons" that we weren't successful during a particular week.
Part of my commitment to a healthier lifestyle and weight loss, part of my burden, if you will, is gaining the skills needed to work through these test of myself when it is the most difficult.

Which is hard. But life is hard. :headache:

Sum38
10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Greetings from c-o-l-d Michigan! :coolsnow:

I have a busy day ahead of me, including looking for PT work. I am just so ready to have a place to go a few hours per week. I am going crazy at home, all day long. -- And my lunches with girlfriends are expanding my waistline too much :lol3:

I had a pretty OP weekend. It is always easy when TOM arrives and hormones seem to be in check. I am trying really hard to be super diligent about my eating and exercise for the next two weeks before TOM madness starts again.

I walked both days 4+ miles. I wanted to ride my bike, but my ear is still clogged from the ear infection and I did not want to expose it to cold and windy conditions.

syndehatYou (and guacamole) are 100% right. I can't even count how many times I have eaten because this happened or that happened. I have always felt so guilty afterwards and mad at myself for being so weak. -- I am a stress eater. I was 125 pounds 5 years ago and "life happened" and I ate 50 pounds of extra food to make it all go away. Did the sh1t go away? Yeah eventually but I was left to deal with 50 extra pounds. -- I wish I loved myself enough not to abuse my body like this. -- I am drawing strenght from your comment and when something happens, again, I will try to focus on what you said, and put that spoon/fork way. Thank you! :hug:

Guacamole I am sending you some :dust:

Sheila Any more dates?

angien075
10-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I think guacamole brings up an interesting point. I think we all would agree that it is easiest to commit to our weight loss plan and to stick with it when we don't have any "distractions" of life to lead us astray. The problem is that (for me anyway) there will ALWAYS be distractions/complications/barriers to use as "reasons" that we weren't successful during a particular week.
Part of my commitment to a healthier lifestyle and weight loss, part of my burden, if you will, is gaining the skills needed to work through these test of myself when it is the most difficult.

Which is hard. But life is hard. :headache:

^^ This!
This is also my biggest challenge, how to eat healthy when life gets in the way!

kelijpa
10-08-2012, 09:28 AM
I think we're all agreed, we can't stay on our straight and narrow path all the time things are going to come along to bump us off. I believe it's how we deal when the opportunity to get back on track comes along.
The fact that we're looking forward to the OP days says alot about how successful we're going to be in the long run.

Trying not to see Columbus day as a holiday to celebrate by eating...:goodvibes

best to all :sunny:

Sheila22
10-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Hello All!

Guac - I SO resonate with your post! You are right - this is a lifetime journey - and not always an easy one. I'm struggling today - just feeling really lazy and not motivated. :(

Am making a veggie carb-free casserole for dinner, but decidedly, am taking the day off from exercise. And I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm simply not in the mood. :(

....tomorrow however, is a new day, and I look at my weeks as "segments" - so one day down can be offset by another one "ON".....I just have so much work stress right now - I know I should run it off....but today I'm just going to rest.

139 again today - TOM - if I focus for the rest of the week I can move the needle down a pound or two....I forced myself to get on the scale this morning - glad I didn't gain, but I'm stalled. :( But getting on that scale keeps me grounded and more choiceful.

Tomorrow is another day!

sept2012
10-08-2012, 05:44 PM
I have been missing in action too. I was just talking about all of this this morning. I was so driven and motivated when I first began 12 weeks ago. Then something happened and poof my drive is gone. It does not help that I have been working from 6 to 6 for the last 3 weeks. When I get home I am exhausted. My daytime workouts have fallen to the wayside. The only thing I can say I have been doing right is waking up every day and saying "today is the day I will jump back in with the excitement I had when I first started". There was no reason for me not to jump in head first today. I am back to a normal work routine. Did I go to swim? No... Did I eat pizza for lunch? Yes... if the weather holds up at least I will get 3 miles in walking.

Heres to making it a better day tomorrow than it was today. There are only 7 weeks left to turkey day and I was supposed to weigh in at 240. I am at 263. 23 lbs off track. Can I do it? Yes. Am I going to? I say yes. I want it back. I can't stop now. I have to I have to I have to...

Sum38
10-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Ladies, this is what I tell myself; it is 85% what we eat and 15% exercise. -- I have avoided cheese all day, yay (lol). So we can do it. Just let's watch what goes in, carefully, and we will meet all of our goals.
:grouphug:

Sum38
10-08-2012, 05:58 PM
<<<<-------------- This is how I want to look again :D

NEMom
10-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Have a stupid cold. I could not get up ant exercise this morning, sore throat, stuffy head and nose, just not feeling good at all! I know some people can exercise when they are sick but I am not one of those machines, I just can't do it.
Had a good week last week but this weekend sucked and I cannot face the scale yet. Too scared to see what the number is.
Getting tired of myself and all my screwing up. I so do not want to gain all my lost weight back. I HAVE to keep pushing forward.

masterptr
10-09-2012, 01:27 PM
NEMom,
Hope you get better soon but try not to be too stressed out about weight loss while you are sick. your little body is fighting as hard as it can already....
give it a little boost of whatever you do to make yourself comfy.
Good Luck!!!

kelijpa
10-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Hello ladies, I think we might be having some change of season issues, with the colds and motivation lagging...I know I'm a little sad it's getting dark earlier and earlier.
Tonight I made myself go walk before I sat down at the computer, I knew the daylight would just disappear, got me thinking about what I'm going to do when the time changes, It'll be a challenge, I love to walk outside.
We were cleaning out the basement and came across a step aerobic step I used eons ago, I might try doing that again...yeesh

stay strong, keep trying and we'll get there.
best to all

syndehat
10-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Well, the houseguests are gone and I am happy to report that I basically stayed on plan the entire time. I didn't eat the healthy leafy greens that I am trying to make such a large part of my new eating style. Instead it was a piece of pizza (just one!) and a cake donut, etc. Technically still on my WW plan since I didn't go over my weekly plan allowance. Good I guess.

I'm counting as a win anyhow. :woohoo:

Sum38
10-10-2012, 04:12 PM
This is turning out to be a fun filled week with lunches out. But all that fun does not come free; I am sure my scale will show my price :eek:

guacamole
10-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Quick check-in. Most of the visiting family went back home, rest are leaving Sunday. Some of the visitors were sick, and now I've caught a horrible cold. Feeling like crud. Food still not good and I am hoping to get back on track for real on Monday. Ugh....

masterptr
10-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Quick check-in. Most of the visiting family went back home, rest are leaving Sunday. Some of the visitors were sick, and now I've caught a horrible cold. Feeling like crud. Food still not good and I am hoping to get back on track for real on Monday. Ugh....

I hope you get better soon!!!:^:

guacamole
10-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks!

austinaus
10-11-2012, 04:22 AM
I feel like I will never reach my goal with all of these "interruptions." - Guac

This is so true. I've always followed the policy of 'one day off a week' just so that I could take care of cravings and have some social time, but this last week I've become more and more convinced that it's just not going to work - especially once I get to the 150s. (I'm short, and calorie deficits are getting hard earned =P)

Luckily, in the fall I tend to want to socialize less anyways, so perhaps I can skip the wine and dining out for the month of October and not miss it.

edit to add: Except for our friend's wedding brunch on the 21st... forgot about that... argh, see how that happens?

Sheila22
10-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Well - I had a carb meltdown last night - ate well all day, but then had a glass (or two) of Chardonnay and broke down and had two hot pretzels with mustard. :(

At least it wasn't cheese sauce! LOL :carrot:

And I did run last night so....

At any rate, I'm not losing - still stuck at 139. So I have a choice to make - either push the "reset" button, stay at 139, or gain weight.

Gaining weight - NOT AN OPTION - uh, I got rid of all my bigger clothes, and candidly can't afford a new wardrobe....LOL. Importantly, I never want to feel like I did at 183.

Staying at 139 - possible - I'm wearing size 4/6 - but still have belly fat and also can see some of it still in my legs....also, there is no room for error here...so if I gain 5 pounds, it's a size 8

Going for my goal - would definitely make this a "win" year - I've lost 45 pounds already (which in itself is a win), but to hit that 55 pound mark would be fabulous - and would also give me more "wiggle room" to play with 5 pounds up or down....

I need to decide. If I focus, I can hit my goal (10 pounds down) by Thanksgiving! I need to start food journaling again - keeps me aware and more choiceful.

So I'm going for it girls - by Thanksgiving I'm hitting my goal! Consider that "reset" button officially PUSHED!

gracenoted
10-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Haven't posted in a bit...life has been crazy busy and there wasn't time to do anything but hang on for the ride. Sounds like a lot of you are dealing with colds and flu germs! Hope everyone gets healthy soon! It's no fun being sick!!!

Have kind of slipped off the wagon here and there, foodwise, but have been faithful to my twice a week body pump and cxworx classes. I cannot say enough good things about these classes - only two hours a week and all the strength training I need is DONE! I wore shorts this summer for the first time in years. Whenever I think about skipping a class, I just have to think about how much I enjoy the results... What I really need to ramp up is cardio. When time got tight, that's one of the things that got chopped, sadly. I really need to find a way to stuff it back into the schedule..with a shoehorn if necessary!

For some motivation, I signed up for my first 5K - it's actually an obstacle race 5K....WITH ZOMBIES! hahahahahahaha! It's at a site: runforyourlives.com if you want to see the videos - totally hilarious!! You start the race with three 'life flags' on your belt and the zombies along the race/obstacle course try to rip them off. If you make it to the finish line with at least one flag, you are 'alive', otherwise, you're transformed into a zombie. TOO FUNNY!! I think having the zombies will make me run faster, for sure! I figure, with 12 obstacles along 5K, I won't have to run much more than than a half mile at a pop...I hope. I had been doing 3-5 on the tm earlier in the summer, so if I start NOW, maybe I can be up to speed by race day (erm...in like 2 weeks). And, really, it's not going to be about speed, anyway. It's about getting through the obstacles and finishing. Should be an interesting time!!

To work I go - another long day, I expect. Focusing on eating right and not straying from the goal...

sept2012
10-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi Ladies,

Finally pushed past the stuck number on the scale. 262.3 today which is a number I have yet to see in this journey.

Hope you all are having a great week.

JO

masterptr
10-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi Ladies,

Finally pushed past the stuck number on the scale. 262.3 today which is a number I have yet to see in this journey.

Hope you all are having a great week.

JO

Good for you Jo!
I am so proud of you and I'm sure you'll enjoy this journey even more now that you are lighter... :) :) :)

masterptr
10-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Well - I had a carb meltdown last night - ate well all day, but then had a glass (or two) of Chardonnay and broke down and had two hot pretzels with mustard. :(

At least it wasn't cheese sauce! LOL :carrot:

And I did run last night so....

At any rate, I'm not losing - still stuck at 139. So I have a choice to make - either push the "reset" button, stay at 139, or gain weight.

Gaining weight - NOT AN OPTION - uh, I got rid of all my bigger clothes, and candidly can't afford a new wardrobe....LOL. Importantly, I never want to feel like I did at 183.

Staying at 139 - possible - I'm wearing size 4/6 - but still have belly fat and also can see some of it still in my legs....also, there is no room for error here...so if I gain 5 pounds, it's a size 8

Going for my goal - would definitely make this a "win" year - I've lost 45 pounds already (which in itself is a win), but to hit that 55 pound mark would be fabulous - and would also give me more "wiggle room" to play with 5 pounds up or down....

I need to decide. If I focus, I can hit my goal (10 pounds down) by Thanksgiving! I need to start food journaling again - keeps me aware and more choiceful.

So I'm going for it girls - by Thanksgiving I'm hitting my goal! Consider that "reset" button officially PUSHED!

:) :) :)
hang in there...
I am sure you are going to be just fine.
I hear you when you say stuck at 139
I did that for the last 3 weeks... and finally when my TOM was over,
I found myself lower... was hard to believe the first day but it really did happen.
in my case, it is too difficult to lose 10 by Thanksgiving but even a 5 will make me super happy!!!
Good Luck!!!

GFS to be
10-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Congrats Sheila on your weight loss so far! I am at the very start of my journey and hope I am in your shoes some day! Good Luck!

syndehat
10-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Jo - I am SOOO jealous! 262 is my 10% weight loss goal. Happy for you though! My progress is such that I should be there next week. Here's hopin'

Sheila - I am so excited for you! To recommit yourself to your goal today is SO brave. You should know that you have support from all us 40 somethings!

kelijpa
10-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Hello ladies!
Feeling good this week, speaking of reset button, after reading the posts about stalling and losing motivation, I looked at my own program and realized that I was slipping back without noticing, my activity level was less, thoughts about trying a taste of this or that were coming back.

So, made some tweaks and things seem to be moving again, whew...I'm only halfway there, so I can't start maintaining (DH is almost at maintenance so that's a bit of a challenge, but is a great one).

thanks for the inspirations Jo, Syndehat, Sheila and Grace, the 5K sounds like lots of fun...Zombies! hope you feel better soon Guac! Sum, I'm meeting a friend for lunch today and going to NYC tomorrow with another friend, know I'll have to get right back on track after...yeeps
Sorry if I missed anyone!

3FC rocks!

onmiwei
10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I've been gone for a few weeks. I started my CNA course and we had so much homework that I was staying off line for a bit. I'll be done with the class on Wed. then the state exam the next Wed. I haven't been going to the gym like I was before either. I did manage to eat much better though.

When I first started class I am not sure what happened but I gained 9 lbs in a very short time period, while working out and eating right. But this morning I am back to 261. That 9 lbs gain when I was doing everything right was depressing. I almost wanted to give up. Someone in class said perhaps the stress of losing my dad, losing my job then starting classes again for a new career all in such a short period of time was showing in my weight somehow...body chemistry off. I did feel very puffy the whole time and just ick. I don't know..just happy it is all back off again and I no longer feel puffy and icky.

I'm going to catch up on reading this thread and the end of the Sept one to see how everyone else is doing..I hope it is all wonderful!

Have a great day!

cbigsis
10-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Hi ladies! I have missed you :)

Sorry I have been away so long. I have been struggling quite a bit lately and I know that being here is so helpful. I felt I was doing pretty well in the summer. Not losing fast but doing well. Since August life has been so hectic and stressful I just let things go and its showing in a negative way. I gained about 6 pounds back and I'm NOT happy. Soooo back to holding myself accountable and stop letting myself believe the food fairy somehow makes me feel better. Logically I know that stress will always be there and happen from time to time. I need to get myself out of that horrible habit of self soothing with goodies!

My start weight now is 147.4 and my ultimate goal is around 125 but would love to just be 130.

guacamole
10-15-2012, 12:58 PM
cbigsis - I hear you about struggling. I have honestly been off track with my eating since mid-August. I was all motivated to lose weight for a family reunion at that time, and after the event passed, the air just started hissing out of my will power balloon. I kept telling myself that since I was exercising, I was entitled to more calories. Of course, higher calories led to off-plan foods, and the rest is history. I have not consistently tracked my calories since August. Recording my food has been such a key to my weight loss journey and I need to get back into the habit. I need to get back to what worked.

Strangely, exercise played little to no role in losing the bulk of my weight. I only started seriously exercising this spring/summer when my weight loss stalled. I am ravenously hungry after exercising. I am actually thinking about cutting back on the exercise until I hit my goal weight, and then starting up again when I am in maintenance mode. There are other diet plans that use this approach, I am thinking in particular about Ideal Protein (which I don't do - I will stick to my calorie counting), which discourages any major exercise routines until your goal weight has been achieved (I think this is what people on the IP threads were saying, someone can correct me if I am wrong).

To put it simply - in order to lose weight I need to focus on my food - 1200-1800 calories per day in a cycle depending on the day. However, that is not enough to keep me going when I exercise. If I up my calorie intake I don't lose - if I keep it low I do. If I exercise like a fiend I develop a large appetite and cravings for carbs/sugars and other off-plan foods. If I don't exercise I am able to maintain my low carb/low cal diet and keep cravings at bay. Ahhh....just trying to sort it all out and get back on track.

So far, so good today. I am on-plan and tracking my calories. I hope to continue throughout the day.

Good luck today, everyone!

NEMom
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Took last week off of the diet/exercise train. With my cold, I just could not care about it much and it really showed with the food I ate. I ate more crap in the last week than I have in the past year. I did not weigh myself this morning because I am scared to see the number.
I did get up this morning and exercise even though my cold is not totally gone. I have kept my food in check so far today and plan to have an on plan night.
I really need to find my mojo again. I felt soo proud of myself last year at this time when I was so close to my goal of 160. I had a pep in my step and just felt great. After a year of struggling to maintain the loss and hoping to lose 10 more pounds that feeling is gone like the wind. The negative self talk is back along with my bad outlook.
I have a new goal. By my 43rd birthday in April. I will be down to my new lower goal of 150 and I will be smoke free. This gives me several months to work on my goal and allows for a few slip ups over the holidays.

guacamole
10-15-2012, 06:16 PM
NEMom - I know you might not feel this way right now, but you are so inspirational! The fact that you have been working at your weight loss for so long and haven't given up gives me hope. I am going through the "sophomore slump" of working through my second year of focused weight loss without having reached my goal. This mountain is taking forever to climb! I think that all people attempting weight loss need to know that the key is persistence over the long haul. It is so tempting to just let myself fall off the wagon for good. Why am I working hard and beating myself up only to fail in the end? However, I haven't failed and you haven't failed. We have kept the bulk of our weight loss off and we can keep going. It's possible! Other people have done it, why not us? It might be taking longer than we imagined, it might not be happening in a clean upward arc, but it CAN happen. We can achieve our goals. I feel like I am about to collapse a few feet away from the finish line, but I refuse to let that happen. Just know that I am right there with you! :hug:

Sum38
10-15-2012, 06:34 PM
I as well, fell off the wagon...that was in July. I have tried restarting over and over again, but somehow I just can not stick with my plan.

Again, I did a restart...this time I am back to logging all my food. I even went and input most of my main meals for this week at MFP :)

So ladies, we may need a little challenge, I think? Perhaps end of year goal?

Sum38
10-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Here is my goal;
By 12/31 I WANT to weigh 145 pounds. That is about 10 pounds.

cbigsis
10-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Guac - Thank you so much for your post! It helped me immensely. I was feeling so down and kind of lost as to what to do. I think I may try the calorie cycling too. I have thought about doing that before but never really tried. I think I worry about being too hungry on the low days. I totally agree with you that its hard to exercise intensely and not eat those calories back. I'm going to try moderate exercise because it does motivate me and make me feel good, and then maybe on the lower calorie days those will be my rest days.

NEMom - I hope you are feeling better! Its so hard to stay on track when you feel crummy!

Sum - I felt like with this falling off the wagon that little thing in me that had clicked and allowed me to lose all my weight for some reason had clicked back off. I know I don't want to go back to how I was. I have to find a way to get that button reset too! I think a challenge is a great idea!!

Here is my goal:

By 12/31 I want to break the 140 barrier. That is 7 pounds. Even with holidays that really should be possible!

Sum38
10-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Sometimes being a woman really sucks. -- Our hormones rule us wayyyy too much.

So I have been REALLY good for two days (ya sounds ridiculously short time :lol:), but I have eaten around 1400 cal, walked 4.5 miles per day and eaten GOOD stuff; salads, fish and some fruits. And my freaking scale goes up 2 pounds. NO, NO, NO!!!! This is the time I need to see downward movement to keep me going, but since I am OVULATING, body is hanging onto water like mad. :mad: :mad: -- I know it is just water weight, but I needed a little boost to get this restart going :no: But I am not giving up! I hate how I look and I am ready to battle!

Here is my plan;

Walk 4.5 miles
Bfast
Smoothie 300 cal
Lunch
Butternut squash soup 300 cal
Dinner
Rice/beans/avocado/cheese/chicken 600 cal
salad 100 cal
snacks TBD 300 cal
Total 1400 cal - 400 cal walk = 1000 cal net

I am sending everybody :dust:

Sum38
10-16-2012, 10:41 AM
cbigsis What size are you? I think we may be about same size? I am a 2 1/2 inches taller and 10 pounds more.... so you and I can really work trying to get down a jean size together :hug:

NEMom I hope you are feeling better. -- Sounds like a perfect and sensible goal!! Want to join the end of year challenge?

guacamole I hope you are staying OP!!

Ladies I just had an idea....I read about rock in your jeans or something like that challenge....maybe we should do our own rock in your jeans challenge? I personally would like to see all my 10's get HUGE on me and that I could button up my 6's :D ( I am not talking about them fitting, just that I could squeeze them on...lol). Whatcha gals think?

guacamole
10-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Quick check-in - I did well with my eating yesterday and tracked my calories. :carrot:

It's a step in the right direction and I hope to continue the trend today. I still am not back to myself since my cold last week. Still stuffy and achy. I haven't been exercising, but just trying to get my house back in order after all the guests from past few weeks. It's going to take some time to re-establish my old healthy routines, and break free from the new unhealthy ones I developed over the last 2 months or so.

cbigsis - Your goals sound good and you seem motivated. I think that you will get back on track as long as the desire is there!

Sum38 - I actually don't own any jeans, but your challenge sounds like fun! I am currently "rocking" (sarcasm) a size 12. My size 10s that I was beginning to fit into in the summer are now too tight again. I would like to be back to comfortably wearing a size 10 in a few weeks. For some reason, I seem to wear larger sizes than other women of my approximate height and weight. Makes me feel fat.

cbigsis
10-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Guac, its just a matter of body type. I wear a size 8 jeans but up top I have to wear a med/large depending on style and brand because I have wide shoulders and big knockers. So my dress size is actually about 12. I don't like that I don't seem to have a definable waist but as I have gotten older I do appreciate the knockers more. LOL

Sum those hormones do suck! Hopefully you will see the results of your hard work soon.

I'm going for that calorie cycling which means today is a low calorie day. 1200 for me is lower than I have really ever done so I am a bit nervous I will give in. I feel determined right now and have my food planned out for the day. Also I was doing great giving up diet soda during summer but I have gotten out of control on that lately too. So today's goal is no more than 3. May still sound like a lot but you have no idea....

NEMom
10-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Guac- Thank you for your very kind words. I really needed to hear that I have not wasted the last year not really losing weight but losing what I keep regaining. I am going to get off this merry go round one day but not until I see the magic number I want. We can do this!!

Sum - I would totally be up for an end of the year challenge. Because I know my body looses really slowly, my goal would be to lose 5-6lbs. If it is more, I will be doing the happy dance but if I lose 3 lbs a month, that is about what my body considers a good loss.

cbigsis - Good luck on the calorie cycling. This may be something I will have to try.

Food was good yesterday until I found candy corns and then I exceeded my calorie limit for the day but about 300. I plan to keep my calories 100 lower for the rest of the week to make up for the candy corn lapse.
I did get up and exercise again this morning. Again, I did not hit it hard but did 30 min on elliptical and about 20 min weight lifting.

Now is the time to refocus our efforts because at least for me, fall and winter time are easy to but on weight because of all the big clothes I wear to keep warm.

masterptr
10-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Sometimes being a woman really sucks. -- Our hormones rule us wayyyy too much.

I hear you Sista....
but hang in there... cuz' when the time is gone, you know the water will also be gone. even though I'm not looking forward to my next PMS TOM series, I know I lost 5lbs. last time around when that thing was over.

Let's hang in there!
Have a good rest of the month.
(we are on similar schedule)

guacamole
10-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Checking in - Stayed on plan yesterday and also tracked my food. I'm proud of myself for sticking to my calories because it's been awhile since I've been able to stay on track for an entire day, much less two days straight. I still feel stuffy and phlegmy - ugh. Got all the kids off to school on time (which believe me, is a small feat each morning) and now I am relaxing for a bit before trying to tackle a project around the house.

Hope you are all doing well and having an on-plan day!

Sum38
10-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Morning :sunny:

Had another OP day...I have been eating (and walking) OP since Sunday :woohoo: (lol)
I had a cup of ice cream last nite, but I was low with my calories for the day, so it was totally justified. Scale is finally moving down :flow2: I am down 1/2 pound for the week. Maybe ovulation is over and I will see another 1/2 pound before Sunday's weigh-in.... :crossed:

Stats for today

Weight 156.5

Walk 4.5 miles
Upper body toning with 8 pound weights

Bfast
Skipped (ugh)
Lunch
Beans/rice/chicken/tomatoes/guacamole/cheese bowl 700 cal
Dinner
Spinach salad with salmon 500 cal
Snacks
TBD 300 cal

Total food 1500 - exercise 500 = 1000 net

I wish everyone will have a fab and a fit day!

NEMom
10-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I stayed within my calorie limits yesterday even though they did include some candy corn.
I did exercise this morning, another 30min on the elliptical and 20 minutes weight lifting.
I still have not weighed this week but can tell my weight is up because my jeans are tight. I will weigh on Friday and face the music to see where my bad behavior last week got me to.

masterptr
10-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Good job NEMom!!!!
and good luck with you WI on Friday...

Have a great day!

spastic dancer
10-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I just ate a cheese burger and fries for lunch. Hadn't had that in forever, but I have just been really craving it, so I worked it in for lunch today. Actually I am kind of proud of myself, because I got full and didn't finish the burger.
I have been really trying to learn new habits and it seems its paying off.
Now I am looking forward to the fresh grilled veggies and grilled fish we will have for dinner. That burger wasn't as great as I remember them being before.

masterptr
10-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Good job dancer
I think we lose that fantasy about fast food as we eat healthier...
be proud and keep up!

kelijpa
10-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Getting back on track, seems like a familiar theme, DH and I were just discussing whether it might be the change of seasons, some kind of slump from being OP for so many months, maybe some kind of cycle, maybe a combination of those things.

It does help to know I'm not the only one trying to pull up the bootstraps and get back to that motivation level I was at. I really, really want to get into the 170's...I have to look at my calendar and do some figuring for realistic goal for the end of the year.

I wanted to be 150 for my 50th, but started too late in the year, then I thought maybe I could make it by the end of the year, but spring is probably more realistic and healthier. Like I said, I've got some figuring to do...

thanks everyone for being here for inspiration and information!

cbigsis
10-18-2012, 12:18 AM
checking in. So far stayed on plan with calorie cycling. Its only been 3 days but after that last couple of months its been good to feel this jump start. This weekend will be more telling as we tend to eat out some on the weekend. But I have a plan so that will make it a bit easier.

Great job everyone staying on plan! Lets keep it up!!

JMS777
10-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone know where I can buy IP packets online. I've missed WI for 3 weeks due to sickness and now I am ready to get back on the diet, but I have to pay the $300 again to start over. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Sum38
10-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Morning,

Survived yet another OP day. Calories ended up around 1800, a bit higher than I planned for, but according to my fitbit, I burned 2400 calories, therefore I still finished ahead.

Today;

Weight 157

Walk 4.5 miles

Bfast
skip
Lunch
Loaded baked potato
Arugula salad
Dinner
Chicken with onions and peppers
Snacks
TBD
Total calories 1200

Sum38
10-18-2012, 08:36 AM
JMS777 Welcome! I am sorry I can't help you, I know nothing about IP.

cbigsis, NEMom and kelijpa yay for staying OP. We can do this! :hug:

spastic dancer Isn't it amazing how the healthy foods start sounding better and better as the journey goes on?

How are things with you masterptr?

To everyone else :wave:

:dust:

NEMom
10-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Word of advice to self: Do NOT step on the scale when you know your at the start of your monthly cycle.
The number I saw on the scale this morning added more gray hair and struck fear in my heart. OMG, it was so awful I cannot even say it.
I am hiding my scale until the end of next week.
Yesterday's food was not great but I am not giving up. Today will be better!

Sum38
10-18-2012, 11:53 AM
((NEMom))

masterptr
10-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Great job with walking Sum38!
way to go...

I am well.
yesterday was crazy for me and did many miles.
today is a rest day and just walked 9 miles outside
I might do some cool down workout on an elliptical .. we'll see

Have a good one everyone!!!

guacamole
10-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Quick check-in again - stayed on plan yesterday and weighed in this morning at 152. At least the scale is coming back down a bit. In other news, I tried on an old size 8 Gap skirt and it zipped! It's still too snug to wear, and I'm sure Gap sizing must run big, but it was cool to be able to zip into a single digit size, if only for a moment (and no, I will will not be going around saying I am now a size 8 because I sucked my gut into a size 8 for 10 seconds! ;)). I tried on a few of my 10s and they are starting to fit a bit better again - so, I am going to keep on keeping on with tracking calories and taking it easy on carbs and sugars. It seems to be working for now.

Have a great day, everyone!

Sum38
10-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Greetings from HAPPY Michigan -- Go Tiger's! :woohoo:

I think I have committed to this weight loss journey, again.... another OP day for me. Ended up with 1350 calories. All healthy calories.
I did not walk, but I probably needed a day off anyways.

Fridays are my official weigh-in dates and I am down 1.5 pounds from last Friday. I am SUPER happy about it. I feel less bloated. -- We have my BIL's wedding to go to (this Saturday) and my dress is fitting better than it was 2 weeks ago when I bought it.

Today:

Weight 156.5

Exercise: Walk 4.5 miles and clean my house.

Bfast
skip (I am naturally following IF)
Lunch
Loaded baked potato 400
Arugula salad 100
Dinner
Arugula/mixed greens salad with taco seasoned beef 650

Snacks
TBD

Total 1450 cal

Sum38
10-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Guacamole, congrats on your 152. You did not do that much damage, after all!! (I was 142 pounds in June and my scale went all the way up to 159 :eek). The way I am build, I find that Gap clothes run small...so you probably are a real size 8 :woohoo:

Angela 9 miles??? Wow, you are amazing!! How fast do you walk?

Have a fab and fit day!!

masterptr
10-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I agree NEMom
around that time, I have to remind myself not to even use that bathroom so I am not tempted to step on the scale.

(((Hugs)))

kelijpa
10-19-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm a scale addict, too.
I was scared of it so bad this morning, I wanted so bad to be out of the 180's...thank goodness, I would have dealt with it, but it just seemed like this was long decade to get out of...
Congrats ladies for staying OP, sounds like things are going great, we're hitting our stride again.
We had our treat night tonight, pizza, afterwards we decided to go for a walk and ended up putting in 4 miles, I'm feeling it now, but so happy to have done that, it was a nice night to be out.

best to all

Sum38
10-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Happy Saturday to all of you lovely ladies! :cheer2::cheer2:

Today is my spike day. Oh how have I waited for today. My BIL's having his wedding reception tonight and I can eat, drink and be merry without any guilt. :yay: I almost broke down and had some wine last night, but resisted and I am so happy that I did! :hat: I stayed OP all week and I am so darn proud of myself. :D

Today;

Weight 156
Walked 4.5 miles in misty rain :rain:

Food
SPIKE DAY, no plan :hun:

I hope all of you will have a beautiful and restful Saturday!

guacamole
10-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Quick check-in - didn't do as bad today as I normally do on a Saturday - it's my off-plan day, but I usually overdo it by a mile!

2 quick things that are bothering me - I am changing over my closets to winter clothes and finding that a lot of things are too big on me. These are clothes that I was thrilled to finally fit into last fall and I also bought quite a few new things. I felt like a million bucks to be able to fit into 14s, XLs, and even some Larges - anything not to be in plus sizes anymore! Now I am wearing 10s, 12s, Larges and even some Mediums. For some reason I am very fearful of getting rid of the larger clothes in my closet. When I purged my closet last year of plus size clothes I was thrilled - didn't look back once! However, I keep thinking that these clothes are not big enough to get rid of - even though my skirt fell down (thankfully in the house!) yesterday. I did go to a thrift store and purchase a few 10s, Mediums, and even an 8 and a 6 for inspiration. However, I am afraid to empty my closet of the bigger things. Why is that?

Another thing that got me down - a stupid thing. I was watching a TV show this week where one of the men kept referring to the female lead character as weighing "a buck two." I wondered what that meant and looked it up (I now know that it mean 102 lbs. Yikes! Is that what the ideal female lead is expected to weigh?). I looked up the definition in the Urban Dictionary online and found this definition -

"....buck fifty 150lbs

Used to describe a person's weight in lbs

e.g. Mike's fat girlfriend has gotta be a solid buck fifty"

Again, yikes! I weigh a buck 52 right now! I'd be Mike's even fatter girlfriend! Made me feel like I have such a long way to go to be at a socially acceptable weight. Stupid, I know.

Have a great weekend!

Sum38
10-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Guacamole Lately I have been reading a lot about weight loss blues. For me it is the fear within and insecurity...knowing how easy it is to gain all back. How many times have you done this journey?

kelijpa Let's hope 170's will just fly by. What is your goal?

Sum38
10-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Wedding was fun, but I had wayyyyy too much to drink. Food was buffet style and I had only one plateful. To my great surprise, scale went down a 1/2 pound. Maybe it is the dehydration from alcohol or all the dancing we did? -- I am not feeling that great today :lol: Oh well, it was a fun event and now I never want to see wine ever again :D

Today marks the start of my second OP week. I made a commitment to my hubby to have 12 OP weeks total (with one spike day per week). Why to my husband? Because I did not do it for myself.... I kept over eating...so now I am doing this for my husband. He deserves a skinny wife. :love:

Today;

Weight 155.5
Exercise: Hike through woods ~ Cider Mill Day (no doughnuts for me).

bfast
skip
lunch
fruit smoothie 300 cal
dinner
pesto chicken, rice, salad 600
snacks
TBD 300
total 1200 cal

Sum38
10-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Morning,

I feel like I am talking to myself :lol3: I hope everybody is doing well.

I am a bit scared about upcoming Holiday season. How about you? I am hoping that I am so used to staying OP that I can just waltz through the Xmas season with very little damage. I hope I am not being naive :dunno:

Today:
Weight 155.5
Exercise walk 4.5 miles

bfast
none
lunch
salad with veggies, bleu cheese and avocado 450
dinner
salmon with potatoes, veggie 650
snacks
TBD 300
total 1400 cal

Sending :dust: to everyone!

guacamole
10-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Sum38 - Glad you had fun at the wedding and didn't overdo it too much! :carrot:

I too am worried about the upcoming holiday season - my husband often gets beautifully packaged candy and other treats from his clients and brings it home. I can never resist! It sounds like you are doing well on your plan - you are keeping me in line with your updates - motivates me to keep tracking!

This isn't the first time I have seriously tried to lose weight - I've been on Weight Watchers before after having a baby (once in 2004 and again in 2006). However, I had about 35lbs to lose as opposed to the over 80lbs I have been tackling since 2010. This is the longest weight loss journey I have ever been on, and it's tough to stay motivated for so long. However, I know that even once I hit my goal, I will forever have to be motivated to maintain the loss - it won't ever end, so I might as well accept that now.

My weekend wasn't so bad foodwise - some improvement from the past few months of pigging out every weekend. I am on plan so far today and tracking my calories.

Good luck and here's to an on plan day for all of us! :hug:

NEMom
10-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Weekend was to too bad but not great. Scale is still not my friend this morning, I cannot believe how much I weigh right now. It is so easy to put it back on.
My mini-goal is to be back to my original goal weight by the end of the year and my lower goal weight by my 43rd birthday in April. I need to get over myself and quit the negative self talk about how much I have gained back and how unsuccessful I have been this past year.
I did get up late this morning. Just slept right through my alarm so no exercise this morning. Maybe tonight I can carve out some time and find the motivation to get it done.

Sum-Glad you had a fun time at your wedding. I too was not feeling great on Sunday.
Guac - I'm so happy that your clothes are too big for you. Go girl! If you don't want to get rid of the clothes yet, put them in a plastic storage bin and keep them for a short time.

masterptr
10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Happy Monday all.
my yesterday was FUN (eat day)
but my workout suffered great deal this morning.
after 10.5 miles, I was crawling.. felt so heavy.

:)

it is going to be a better day again!

hope you all have wonderful Monday!

Zumbachica
10-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Hopping on board AGAIN...its been a while. I just can't seem to get it together this time.....personal problems are kicking my butt and i'm turning to food for comfort....still, I really want to lose some weight before the holidays come a long....going low carb and keeping calories under 1000 on most days. Glad to see so many motivated people on here.

cbigsis
10-23-2012, 02:42 AM
Hi everyone :)

Week 2 of calorie cycling. So far I like it and its going well. I ate off plan a bit over the weekend. That will be the toughest, it always is. On Thursday my daughter got in a car accident. Everyone is ok but the stress of her attitude and everything else going along with this is going to be a challenge this week and beyond I'm sure. I'm hoping maybe my focusing on the calorie counting might help give me a break from worry.

Zumba - Glad to see you! Your calorie limit is so low I think I would lose my mind on that plan! LOL Even my lowest day in my cycle is 1200 and that is hard for me. We are all different though. Good luck to you!!

NEMom - Why is it so hard to get out of that negative pattern but so easy to slide back into it? I like your goals! Staggered or mini goals can be really helpful for me when I'm stuck in a bad pattern.

Guac - You are right that this will really be a lifelong journey. It can be a good thing though. Paying attention to getting and staying healthy can feel very empowering. I'm so happy that I got my body back to a healthier place and am not dealing with issues others in my family were by my age. I'm excited that I am giving myself the chance to enjoy my life feeling good!

Sum - Sounds like you had a great time at the wedding! Great job staying on plan!!

Sum38
10-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Hello :sunny:

I am giddy this am. I dropped 1.5 pounds in a day! My body must be detoxing :yay: -- Calories ended up around 1500-1600, and according to my fitbit, I burned 2500 cal. -- It feels great to stay OP!

I gave up coffee as well. Now, instead of draining a pot of coffee during the morning hours I drink green tea. It seems to energize me and I don't get the "crash". Any green tea lovers here?

Today:
Weight 154
Exercise walk 4.5 miles

bfast
none
lunch
salad with veggies and avocado
dinner
meatballs, pasta with sauce and veggie
snacks
TBD
total cal 1200

NEMom
10-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Wow Sum - Congrats on the weightloss! 1.5lbs is great!!!

Good to see you Zumba. I agree with cbigsis, 1000 calories a day would be too low for me but I am happy to see you still posting and working towards your goals in spite of your personal troubles. Sending you hugs because you need them.

cbigsis - I am happy to hear that calorie cycling is working for you. Sorry to hear about your DD's car accident. Those are scary!

I was OP yesterday. Kept my calories in line even though I did not get my exercise in. I have a huge problem binging at night and even though I had the urge, I did not allow myself to do it. I kept my dinner portions down to one serving, allowed myself one nighttime snack and went to bed. This is an accomplishment for me.
I did actually wake up to my alarm today and got some good exercise in. Gonna keep my calories in check today. Working on stringing two good food days together.
Happy Tuesday all.

guacamole
10-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Quick check-in - I did really well on calories and tracking yesterday, but stepped on the scale this morning 1lb up to 153. Ugh! The only thing I can think of is that the scale probably went up even higher than that over the weekend (haven't weighed since Friday morning) and now it is now going back down again after an OP day. The other possibility is that I am not getting enough water in to flush out my system, and therefore, it's water retention. Since the weather has turned cool I'm not as thirsty and haven't been getting my 8 cups a day. Anyway, it's frustrating not to be able to break out of the 150s, but I am determined to be more stubborn than my fat! I am really going to focus on keeping to my calories today and hope that the scale finally relents by the end of the week.

Good luck to everyone today!

Zumbachica
10-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Guac: Yes, water retention is the worse....I am guilty of it also especially in the winter when I don't get enough water down..but it is so important. There is no medical evidence that suggest that drinking water helps us lose weight but I know I feel so much better personally when I am hydrated.

SUM: Kudos to you for giving up coffee.I don't think I could ever do that! My sister has done it and swears by green tea, I can only drink it iced. Keep up the good work.

My workout today: I did my Insanity DVD and then taught my Zumba class. I would have gone for a walk on the beach also (it is beautiful out today) but didn't want to over do it. I am back on the low carb wagon and so far today i'm good, cna't speak for last night though when i had two choco tacos! :mad: I really have no self control....but every day is a new day ....

kelijpa
10-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Hi all, Sum, sorry I haven't been on to post, saw you "talking to yourself" lol my official goal at the moment is 150, that's my doc adjusted WW goal, I'd really like to get to 140 or 145 whichever I can maintain...

had a good OP weekend, we have our treat day friday, then a little better sat, then back on sunday, this weekend we were extra good for some reason, started the week off on a good note, instead of having some extra lbs. to shed (our goal is 1 lb. per week, which sometimes seems like 5 depending on how "free" the weekend was :D)

Guac, I really feel it when I don't drink my water, it's funny when I go on a "dry" spell, I can go days without drinking a drop and it doesn't seem to bother me, but once I get back into the regular making sure I get at least 60 oz. in I get thirsty if I don't drink.

I guess it's urban legend or something, but I've always heard that drinking water helps to flush out your system, and WW used to say (haven't been in awhile...) that if you don't drink water your body will hold onto what it's got (kind of like food, when you don't give it enough it'll start to store instead of burn).

Rainy so I couldn't walk outside so I did my 4 miles on the treadmill, thank goodness for the Kindle, reading a scary story in honor of Halloween approaching!

NEMom, keep at it, you're still an inspiration to me!

Welcome Zumbachica, I'm interested in trying zumba, maybe I'll find a class for the winter, I'm seriously worried about what I'm going to do when I can't walk outside, I keep thinking about just using the snowshoes everyday, but there has to be snow...

Guac, on your clothes issues, I am finding for some reason I seem to be fitting into smaller clothes than when i was this weight before, I thought maybe it was my imagination, but reading your post made me think it's true, I guess we're more toned or something...I was told to get rid of all my bigger stuff and just keep one thing to remind me, I remember my mortification when that one pair of jeans I was wearing again, I still have them, they're all ripped up and really worn out now, but they're my reminder that you have to stay vigilant once you get to goal again.

Anyway, you "chicks" (I wrote guys at first, didn't seem right) are great, thanks for being there for me!!

kelijpa
10-23-2012, 09:42 PM
holy cow, I didn't realize I wrote that much!
Sum, I gave up coffee when I went on a juice fast, after 3 days I felt ok again...I'm down to one cup in the morning, instead of 2, so if I do it again the withdrawal won't be as bad...
:goodvibes

newleaf123
10-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Hi, ladies. Can I join you here? I was a very active poster in the 40-somethings a few years ago, when I started at 186 and got down to and maintained around 157. We all know the familiar story - gained it back and then some. I've been working ardently since April to get back down to my goal of 153. As of this morning, I've lost 36 pounds, and still going.

I've come to realize that I can't keep doing this, the yo-yo. This *has to be* for good. Not only for mental happiness but for physical well being.

So, I'm here. Hopefully to give and receive support as we travel this road together.

Zumbachica
10-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Kelijpa I'm a zumba instructor which is probably what is helping me from gaining huge amounts of weight, I struggle with the last twenty....I think Zumba is a great workout however, I suggest you try different instructors to find one that is the most challenging
because we all don't teach the same or have the same style. Go for a "harder" or more "challenging" class....you'll burn more calories that way.

Newleaf: I know all about gaining the weight back, I have been the human yo yo for the last twenty years. Still, I feel like at this point in my life I have to make a last ditch effort to really adopt a healthy lifestyle that will help me get the weight off and keep it off. I know people that have done it, so why can't I? Mental happiness and physical well being go hand in hand. I know how euphoric I felt when I was at my fighting weight, and when the woman in WHBM said "Honey, you're a size four" it was like winning publishers clearning house or something! So get on the road to where you need to go, I'll be traveling right there beside you!!

Starting the morning off with a big HIGH PROTEIN breakfast so that I"m not tempted to overeat the rest of today, i've been having really bad cravings at night and last night induldged in a lousey choco taco......I won't be buying that stuff anymore, kids or no kids. It can't be in the house until i get my cravings under control.

Sum38
10-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Hi, :wave:

I am so excited. I lost another 1/2 pound. I am enjoying this woosh. :carrot:-- I am getting greedy :lol3:
I ended up around 1600-1800 calories. I had a bowl of ice cream with all sorts of toppings :o but I had walked and I also had hopped on elliptical for 10 minutes, therefore I had plenty of exercise calories to burn.

Today
Weight 153.5
Exercise walk 4.5 miles & Elliptical 15 min

Bfast
None
Lunch
Split pea soup (home made :drool:)
Boiled egg
Dinner
Chicken with veggies and black beans
Snacks
TBD

Sum38
10-24-2012, 09:15 AM
I lost all my personals :mad: BBL to redo them.

Sum38
10-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Okee take 2....

Zumba When is your divorce final? -- I hope things settle down after that :hug:

newleaf123 :welcome3: These ladies are wonderful!!

kelijpa Congrats on staying OP!! -- Isn't it divine?? I am addicted to staying OP now...it has been 1 1/2 weeks and it is getting easier. I had some ice cream last night and I felt soooo guilty, even though I was within my calories :^:

guacamole I just read that scale actually reflects our weight gain/loss from 4 days prior (unless it is sodium of course...), so maybe you had a bad day 4 days ago and scale just caught up with you? -- I don't know how true that statement is, but it was supposingly made by a diet doctor....

NEMom I have the same problem.... somehow this last week and a 1/2 I have resisted all sort of snacking. -- It feels it is getting easier. :hug:

NEMom
10-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Good morning all!
I had a good food day yesterday and will really work ong keeping my food on plan today. Trying to string three on plan days together.
Snuck on the scale this morning. No movement. I know it will, just need to stay on top of my food intake.
Got my exercise in this morning so that is good. Just got to keep my food in line.
Happy Hump day!!!

guacamole
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Hello, all! Thanks zumba and kelijpa for the advice and feedback on water consumption and retention. Sum38 - I hope the scale is having a delayed reaction to the weekend and will go back down in a few. The scale was up again this morning to 153, despite having an on plan day yesterday! So frustrating!

I biked for 10 miles today, had a heavy lunch with my husband, but so far am still well within my calorie range. I am determined to be more stubborn than my fat!!!!

Hope you all have an on plan day today!

Sum38
10-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Where is Sheila?

Zumbachica
10-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Logging in for the day....calorie count was over 1200, but net carbs were super low...just what i set out to do today. My workout was my Insanity DVD...second day of doing it and am embarassed to say I couldn't get through the whole thing....it is super hard but what I need right now. body is used to Zumba, I need a little push! Or in this case a big push!! Still proud of myself for getting through it as much as I did and towards the end of the day no less.

Sum, to answer your question it could be another year....lots of assets to fight over and custody fight....Im starting to get worn down..or maybe i'm beyond worn down and i'm just numb right now. Thanks for asking.......
oh and congrats on the woosh you have been on!!!!

kelijpa
10-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Hello all, things going pretty good, got caught out in the rain walking today, but luckily had the umbrella so I stuck it out.

NEMom and Guac, I hate when the scale doesn't react the way I think it should, I try not to get too wrapped up in it, but it "hurts" sometimes when I feel I've been good or better than good.

Zumbachica, thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind, {{hug}} for the trials you're going through, have had some friends go through similar trials, my one friend ended up painting decorative designs on furniture, she said it kept her mind occupied on something other than the divorce, she made some beautiful things, hope things get better for you.

Sum, as Zumba said congrats on the woosh, you're a breath of fresh air :D

Welcome Newleaf and congrats on your loss so far, that's great, I can't wait 'til I've lost 36!!

newleaf123
10-24-2012, 09:48 PM
KelijPA - we have a lot in common; similar start and goal weights, and also from PA. Although it was sunny and gorgeous here today, so we must not be in the same area. It's a big state... (says she who hails from Massachusetts)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Oh, and here's a nice little NSV for the day; I took a fasting cholesterol blood test on Friday. Got the call from the doctor's office today -- my "good" cholesterol is exceptionally high and my "bad" cholesterol is quite low. Yay!

Sum38
10-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Greetings my lovely friends,

Celebrating yet another OP day :woohoo: Calories ended around 1500 for the day, and according to my fitbit, I burned 2677 calories. -- I woke up feeling puffy and bloated tho... I ate a TV style meal for dinner and my body obviously does not like the sodium. Scale went up a pound as well. -- No more commercially made meals for me... I have been cooking everything from scratch and it has agreed with me.

Today:
weight 154.5
exercise walk 6.5 miles & elliptical 20 min

bfast
none
lunch
split pea soup
dinner
chicken with homemade pesto, from my garden :drool:, brocoli and rice
cal 1200 + snacks

NEMom
10-25-2012, 10:26 AM
I was trying to hold off until Friday to weigh but I couldn't resist today. I stepped on the scale and it was down 2 lbs, finally.
I know that food and not binging or overeating is my biggest hurdle. I have managed three on plan days this week. Going to make today four.
It's cold and rainy here. The snow word was even mentioned on the news this morning. Not ready for snow yet and would really like to see the sun soon.
Have a great Thursday all!

guacamole
10-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Hooray for the 2 lbs loss NEMom! :carrot:

As for me, the scale still read 153 this morning - BOO! I suppose it was the restaurant meal I indulged in with my husband yesterday. I was still within my calories, but, oh well.

On plan so far today....I am staying more stubborn than my fat! I feel like I am circling my fat self and staring her in the eye to see who will back down first. It won't be me!

Good luck today, everyone!

syndehat
10-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Hello Ladies!

So glad to be able to catch up with you all. Happy to report that my Mother-in-law came through her surgery OK. She will be in the hospital a little longer than orignally thought and, what they thought was just a routine surgery to make sure she doesn't have cancer turned into a full hysterectomy because she has cancer. :( She is 78 and is a breast cancer survivor from many years ago so this news is upsetting to her (of course).
Now our family will have to work together to find a place for father-in-law to live (he had a stroke many years ago and MIL was his primary caregiver) for several months while she undergoes chemo. They live in a rural area where travel to recieve the chemo will be difficult. She will need help at home as the chemo treatments will make it impossible for her to care for herself Many challenges lie ahead for my husband and his brothers I am afraid.

Changing topics now...

One good thing about being at a hospital is that the cafeterias have well balanced meals available and I have been able to stay on plan all week! :)
I wont be able to make it to a WW meeting tomorrow but plan on weighing myself here at the hospital just so I can verify I am still on track.

Here's hopin' anyhow...

Sum38
10-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Morning :coffee:

I am doing a happy dance this morning. Today is my official weigh-in day and I lost 3 pounds this week! :dance: Since I started OP I have lost nearly 5 pounds (in two weeks). :carrot::carrot::carrot:

My girlfriend is coming to visit me today. She lives about an hour away. If weather is decent we will go for a walk and then out to lunch. -- Today will be my splurge/spike day. I will even enjoy some wine tonight.

Today

Weight 153.5
Exercise walk 4.5 miles & Elliptical 25 min

bfast
none
lunch
TBD
dinner
pork loin, steamed veggies, wine :cheers:

total 2000-2400 cal

Sum38
10-26-2012, 07:54 AM
syndehat I am glad to hear that your MIL is mending okay. I am sending her positive thoughts!!

guacamole BooHoo for the 153. On a positive side...now we can do this together :hug: I am at 153.5.

NEMom Congrats on your 2 pounds!!

Zumbachica
10-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone......have not been able to stay OP...I tend to lose it at the end of the day and also when i'm around people who are NOT OP. I went to dinner at a friends house last night and she took out halloween candy, I had a few pieces of that and then had a WW dessert, low in points, HIGH IN CARBS which is what i'm trying to avoid. I felt really awful afterwards and came home and had fritos. Basically I had another binge, and I truly loathe myself this morning.

Im meeting a friend for lunch after I teach my class today and I already told myself that I am ordering a salad and that is IT. no ifs ands or buts. I need to get serious. Going to a dance jam this weekend so that will help me burn off mega calories, getting my Insanity dVD done sometime this afternoon!! Waking up muscles and it feels good!!:smug::smug:

NEMom
10-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Sum - Congrats on your 3lb loss. Awesome!!!! Have a nice lunch date with your friend.

Zumba - Night time binging is one thing I really and truly struggle with. If I have one piece of candy it turns into 20. Last night I wanted to binge so badly, I was planning what I could eat when my DH left for work so I could binge without anyone seeing me. Luckily, I fell asleep so I was able to stay away from the kitchen. Have fun at your mega dance this weekend.

I weighed in this morning at 165.2 down .8 since yesterday for a total loss this week of almost 3lbs. I know some of it maybe water weight loss but I will take it just the same.
I have had 4 OP days this week. Tonight I am going out with a girlfriend to dinner but I am going to stay on plan and away for dessert. I am planning on having a good food weekend, I do not want to start the week with a gain.

Have a great OP weekend all!!!

gracenoted
10-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Hello!!! I am so glad you are all so faithful to posting - please know that even when you're not having great days, your posts are still motivating to read, and you are all amazing for your efforts! Wish I could buy you all a round of <low cal, non fat, energizing> drinks!! :bravo:

It's been a few weeks since i posted, but I'm catching up on reading things, here. Kicking myself for not checking in more regularly - it really helps to hear about everyone's challenges and progress, and makes me less bummed out when my own challenges come up! I've been trying to workout, eat right, etc. but the scale is going UP!! Ai yi yi. I'm losing my mind over it, because I feel like I'm really working hard on all the right things, and to see these results is really disheartening...

I've been cutting carbs (no bread, rice, grains, cereal, pasta, etc.), have switched to 100 cal/6 carb tortillas when I 'need' something to make a sandwich or whatever. I've cut out most sugar (nothing with 'added sugar', just naturally occuring in like, milk or vegetables, for example), added running to my workouts, and have set a 7:00 curfew on eating. Sigh. And the scale goes UP?!?! Is there no justice in this world?!?! :shrug:

I am going to keep on with it. Guac, i LOVED your line, above: "I am staying more stubborn than my fat!" I am not going down without a fight, and I'm not going to surrender at this point. More cardio, maybe, more walking, maybe, start better portion control, maybe...something has to break through this...

Kids had trick-or-treat last night (early, I know, but that's how they roll, here!) and so it's officially the beginning of what I consider 'The Holiday Season' - treats, extra temptations, parties, extra activities to squeeze in, hard to stick to schedule, colder days, darker mornings/evenings. All the things that can derail my plans and motivation. I am going to take some time to figure out a good, strong defensive plan - anything that will get me through without losing my grip on my efforts!!

So far, I have NOT had any candy at all. Definitely a challenge, though!! I even had to help the kids open some of the treats, so I was up-close-and-personal with the chocolate/caramel/peanutty temptations. Had to wash my hands after!! :dizzy: I hope by typing that out, I will be motivated to continue, because I'd really hate to have to come back and confess that I fell of the wagon!! <haha> honestly, after a week or so of 'lesser carbing' as I call it, I really don't have the cravings that I'd normally have to fight. Just knowing that I've gotten to that sweet spot of craving control may be enough motivation to not want to mess it up. When I'm eating higher carb/sugar, I really do feel like I've lost my mind when it comes to staying on track...

Race is looking cold and very wet, with the storm that's moving up the coast. I'm crossing my fingers that it's going to be okay...I dont' want to get stuck there in the mud!! Will be going out today or tomorrow to buy suitable running clothes - with the obstacles and mud bogs, something that doesn't hold water is a 'must' (i.e. NOT my usual cotton!!) Hope to stay warm enough by running - I really hate being cold!

Laters!! Gotta get to work. Happy Friday vibes to all - keep up the AWESOME job of hanging in there!!!

Zumbachica
10-26-2012, 02:47 PM
NE mom..thanks for understanding about binging....I feel such shame about that......good so far today.......

kelijpa
10-26-2012, 11:23 PM
{{hug}} Zumba, if you haven't already you might want to scroll around chicks in control, there's some great stuff on that board, too.

Great job Sum and NEMom, Guac, your loss will come, that happens to me sometimes, DH has like almost like clockwork a week where the scale doesn't move or like last week, he was up one then lost 3 this week.

Syndehat, glad to hear your mom-in-law is doing well.

Grace, good luck with the race, I might try something like that next summer, getting in better and better shape for a race.

It's funny, I'm meeting my girl friend from work for lunch tomorrow, it seems like there's alot of that going around this week, I've been thinking about suggesting Ruby Tuesday, for the salad bar. It'll be fun.

best to all

Sheila22
10-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Hello Ladies!

So sorry I've been AWOL! :)

I'm doing well - still stuck at 138/139....but I ran a 5K on the treadmill today, will do the same tomorrow - and I head to Asia for two weeks on Sunday (I made sure all hotels have an exercise room!)

As much as the time zone change is painful, the reality is that I use the airplane time for journaling, knitting and reflection (NO EMAIL OR WORK! :) ), and I use the no kid time to work out! My goal on this trip is to come home and weigh in at 133 (5 pounds) - I know I can do it...but this trip will be brutal - 9 flights in 13 days and 5 time zones...uh, no alcohol at all - - I'll be drenching myself with water!!

...and Hurricane Sandy is throwing a monkey wrench into my flight to China on Sunday - - keep your fingers crossed that I'm not sleeping in an airport. ;)

Bought a new journal for this trip - my "50 pounds down" journal - - when I hit 133 I will have lost 50 pounds - so this is an important trip (and makes the brutal nature of the thing a lot more "purposeful" ;) )

So, I don't know if I will be able to check in for the next two weeks - but want you all to know you're in my thoughts and are my motivation - I want to come back and post my 50 pounds down achievement! :D

And Guac - I SOOO understand the closet thing - I gave SOOO many clothes to Goodwill...like really nice designer suits, etc...right now I have only sizes 4-8 in my closet - and I can wear the 4s (some of them), and definitely the 6s, but I'm keeping the size 8s "just in case".....I know that sounds crazy - after all, we will monitor our weight and we clearly know how to "do this" if we pop above our size X weight....I guess for me it's just a crutch - - that candidly I intend to get rid of --- it's all psychological, but really saying "I don't know if I can sustain and maintain"...so my next step when I get home from this trip is to purge the size 8s....so if my size 6s start to get tight, I have to literally go and buy bigger clothes - which will motivate me to get back on track vs. just having the crutch in the closet.....
....but for now, they are there....so don't beat yourself up about it...honestly when I got rid of my size 10-14 clothes it was really hard - I mean SERIOUSLY hard and scary!!! You've done the same, and now you're on the next phase..(as am I)...and we both have big clothes in our closets...lol...when we are ready, we will purge....:)

Well, it's 1am here...I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

-S

Sum38
10-27-2012, 09:48 AM
I felt sick after eating out (incl 3 margaritas) and eating Halloween candy. I was soooo looking forward to my spike day and body went "no, mam, I am not happy". :no: -- Therefore It was not as much fun as I anticipated. -- Funny how eating healthy feels so good now and eating junk feels terrible.

Scale jumped 3 pounds (expected) after having such carb rich day.

Today
weight 156.5
exercise walk 5 miles

bfast
none
lunch
split pea soup
dinner
ahi tuna, rice and guacamole

total cal 1200

Zumbachica
10-27-2012, 11:28 AM
No change in the scale......loathing myself today....it's like all my workouts don't count.! I went out last night and felt super frumpy.......I'm tired of feeling this way and I miss my clothes..

Okay that was my rant!,,,,,, getting back on the wagon today and plan on dancing tonight for a few hours.......gotta get my mojo on again....have a great weekend all,,,,,,!,,,,

SeeMyFeet
10-27-2012, 05:34 PM
....trying again.....

I just read up on everyone's October to learn the ropes here.

I first signed up in Aug, with high expectations to start a new journey. I had roaring success for a time, then lost my way. I did not completely fall off the wagon, but I did lose a lot of motivation. Since then, I've endured work-and family-related drama, a difficult birthday made worse by having a big fight with DH (entirely my fault), and other stupid stuff. Excuses, I know. I got a bit down, felt unworthy, and even removed all my posts here because I felt I didn't belong.

Well, I've hit re-set and I'm ready to go. Again.

I hate the way I feel, and I am truly ashamed of the way I look most every moment of the day. It's a horrible way to feel, and I'm determined to change that. You know, I like Winter simply because I can hide underneath more clothing. But come Spring, there will be a metamorphosis! This is the last Winter I will wear these fat rags of mine, and I can't wait to get rid of them in the Spring! I am looking forward to being physically stronger and more energized. (I am also praying for menopause.)

I will focus on the goals I had in Aug--they worked for me. Exercise every day. Healthy food. Count calories. Log consumption. Positive thoughts. And this chunky caterpillar is looking forward to gaining more inspiration from reading about your challenges and successes.

Mojo Rising

Sum38
10-28-2012, 10:12 AM
My spike "day" turned into spike "days" :no: :no: I had bought all the Halloween candy and I started sampling some and some more. Now I have INTENSE carb cravings that I need to deal with. Scale has jumped 2.5 pounds but that was totally expected... I am carrying sugar bloat :mad: So back on the wagon today. I took all the candy and put them in the garage; out of sight, out of mind.

Today
weight 156
exercise elliptical 30 min

bfast
green tea
lunch
split pea soup
dinner
chicken and veggies
snacks
TBD
total cal 1200-1400

Zumbachica
10-28-2012, 11:06 AM
SUM: Every year Halloween candy starts me on a roll that lasts through New Years !! This year I bought little bags of chips instead for the few trick or treaters that we get, and my son told me that he is not going trick or treatng this year (he feels at 12 he's too "cool" for that)....So although I'm sad that my baby is growing up I"m kind of glad his candy won't be around to tempt me.....Good for you for putting it in the garage......You'll have that bloat off in no time.....:D

SEEMYFEET: I totally get how personal problems get in the way of us working towards our goals, I"m going through that now an in a bad way. Don't ever feel like you do not "belong". All of us here are trying to face our demons.....You're back and you sound focused...you're gong to be okay!!!:smug:

SHEILA: your life sounds pretty exciting with all that travel...but even with that you sound focused...way to go!!:carrot:

Zumbachica
10-28-2012, 11:22 AM
We are preparing for the hurricane here and i'm starting to get a bit worried. I'm not looking forward to being without power and my big worry is a tree hitting our house. I'm hoping they cancel school tomorrow as we all wait for it to hit us.....The store shelves are all EMPTY and the lines for gas or super long and some gas stations have ran out of gas.......People are panicked and acting like it is the end of the world.......

And even with threat of natural disaster I woke up thinking about my weight and was hoping I lost weight after yesterdays dance class and low carb day. I lost very little. It was hard standing there with all the "skinny girls" in front of the mirror....I didn't like what I saw..and I wonder....do I REALLY see what I look like or am in my own head am I exaggerating certain problem areas? I wonder......People tell me that I'm not overweight, but I feel that I am......somethiing to think about.........

Taking a friend with cancer to her special personal trainer today......one that specializes with cancer patients.....makes me feel guilty for missing a workout..if someone going through chemo can get the strength to work out then what the hades is my problem?

have a good day all!

SeeMyFeet
10-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Well...Day One of stepping on the scale, after hitting the re-set button. (Some will say daily weigh-ins are a bad idea, but I need lots of little goals and accountability.) Yesterday's number was as high as back in Aug--but artificially high from drinking too much water and tomato juice. Today, 2lb lower. Yay! Easy water weight, I know, but I WILL NEVER SEE THAT NUMBER AGAIN!!

I'm focused on logging consumption. I did some web browsing and found helpful tips on gauging portion size. (I don't have a scale at home, because I don't like clutter in my kitchen.) 3oz of meat: a deck of cards. 1oz of cheese: 2 nine volt batteries. I need to do a better job with exercise.

Zumbachica--I do appreciate the kind words. Battling demons is exactly it. Internal demons, and walking-around demons that use evil words to get ahead and put down. I have a 12yo son as well. They do grow up fast! From your numbers, I would not say you are overweight, but I remember being at that number and feeling the same way. Let's just say, it will take a lot of effort for me to get back to that point. Hopefully, Sandy will get tired before she reaches your place. Good luck weathering the storm!

Zumbachica
10-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Seemyfeet: thanks for understanding....just becuase i don't have 100 lbs to lose doesn't mean i don't have any mental torture that i is self inflicted. You are doing great...two lbs down already.....keep it going !!! :)))

gracenoted
10-28-2012, 08:46 PM
SeeMyFeet - YAY!! Congratulations on your re-set and those first two pounds!! That's gotta feel good :) Are you logging with a program, website or notebook? I've been trying to find a good program but haven't clicked with anything, yet.

Zumba - sounds like you are maybe being a little hard on yourself. Just from your posts, I 'see' you as a vibrant, active, energetic and motivating woman. Sending you an empathy hug about not getting the results you deserve for all your hard work, but patience and persistence will get you to your goal so just hang in there!

We had trick or treat here last week, so I'm dealing with all the piles of candy sitting around the house <sigh> I know if I cave I will not be able to stop, plus I keep telling myself how crappy I'll feel if I eat it...no matter how good it tastes, the effects will last for hours, and I don't have hours to waste these days... But it still smelllssssss soooooo darnnnneeed gooooood aiiieeeee!

The race was cancelled due to weather and I was very disappointed (like, tears and all disappointed). It would have been so much fun. I've been planning for over a month, figuring out coverage for all the kids' activities with friends and other favors called in, wardrobe, packing food, getting house cleaned and school stuff ready for Monday, etc. I got the cancellation late last night, just after I finished a call with my running partner to discuss the morning pick up (it's a 2 hr drive to the race). Sigh. I did NOT rush over to the fridge to take solace in the cake that's sitting in there! Not that it wasn't tempting. Didn't have to fit into those running tights, after all. haha. But, I stuck to low carb, had a diet soda and treated myself to a few hours of tv time on the couch. :) Today, we're into storm prep, so that took up most of the day. I think we're okay, though you never know how it's going to play out. Kids have school pictures tomorrow, but they may get out early if the rain looks like there will be flooding - after last year's disaster, they're a little sensitive about things.

Hope everyone stays safe and dry!

cbigsis
10-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Checking back in! :)

Last week started out great with 3 OP days and on Wednesday my weight was down to 144.2, but then my birthday celebrating started and turned into about 4 days of my daycare kids bringing me treats and my kids made me a cake. Then an evening of too much wine. The end result was back up to 146.4.... So back to OP days this week for me. I'm very worried about the sugar cravings being hard again but just have to deal with it. I have not opened the Halloween candy here yet. Our trick or treat is on Wednesday so as long as the bags are not open I'm safe. I may try your trick Sum and put it out in the garage once trick or treat is over!

cbigsis
10-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Grace - I'm so sorry your race was cancelled!! Great job not letting the disappointment pull you off plan!

Zumba - Keep hanging in there girl! Definitely give yourself credit for all you do. Your hard work will pay off. Your body also with all the stress you are under can make weight loss a bit more difficult. The exercise and dancing you do are so great because they can help with calorie burning and stress relief!

SeeMyFeet - Welcome and great job on that 2 lbs!! I'm sorry you have been going through a difficult time! We can all help each other stay motivated and give a :hug:.

Sum - Spike days turn into multiple days for me all the time! Its so frustrating. Sending you back some Willpower Dust to get back OP!! :goodluck:

syndehat
10-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Hello ladies!

I hope all my east coast friends are staying safe from this crazy storm. :cry::cry:

I was able to find a WW meeting close by here yesterday and found that I was down .4 pounds for the week. Nothing to brag about but since all I have done all week is sit in hospital rooms and waiting areas reading magazines and goofing around on the computer I am happy it isn't a GAIN!

seemyfeet - I am with all the others on this forum who welcome you back with open arms and an understanding shoulder to cry on. Don't worry about being judged here.

My MIL should be released from the hospital tomorrow and will be taking her home. Then comes the long process of healing from the surgery and getting ready for the chemo. **sigh**

guacamole
10-29-2012, 12:10 PM
First of all, Zumba and all of our other east-coasters - I am thinking of all of you and hoping you are all safe!

My eating over the weekend was not great. I went for a walk this morning, and it felt good to get out in the crisp air. I have a winter event coming up in a few months that I would like to lose weight for. I even started "window shopping" on the internet for dresses, but I had no clue what size I should be shopping for. 12 would fit me right now, but dare I be so bold as to buy something in an 8 or 10? I haven't lost any significant weight for months, so I am not that optimistic about the next few months. Bad attitude, I know. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

In the meantime, I have started to slowly go through my closet - but mainly it's been old shoes and a few shirts (1 outfit that was still hanging in a 1X). I haven't seriously started to sort through the main clothes hanging, but I really need to, because I have no more room for the smaller sizes I have purchased! I do think that I will donate the shoes/shirts, but pack up and keep around the clothes in the basement for now. If my weight goes down significantly in the next 6 months, I will donate the bags. I am so terrified of a major regain. I have never been stalled at a weight range for so long since I started this journey.

My daughter bought some Edy's ice cream on Friday, and it's calling my name right now! I caved in yesterday and had some, but I really want to stay away from the sugar and fat today and the rest of the week. My only saving grace is that I eat on plan on weekdays - my weekends are a mess. So, if I cave on a Monday, it doesn't bode well for my Friday weigh-in. Right now I am telling myself that the ice cream will still be there in an hour, or this afternoon, or this evening. I don't have to decide to eat it right now. I just finished my morning omelet with sauteed spinach, onions, and garlic. Now I am sipping coffee and trying to hold off caving into eating ice cream at 10am! It's all psychological because I'm not even the least bit hungry!

Good luck to all of us today! :hug:

NEMom
10-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Hope everyone in the path of Sandy stays safe!!!

I actually had a good food weekend. I did not eat a ton of junk and did not binge. This is huge for me. I started a binge last night but luckily caught myself so I did not get crazy. Stepped on the scale this morning and was still at 165.2 which was my weight on Friday. So happy I did not see my usually Monday morning gain.
Took my DD shopping on Sat. Ouch, she is expensive. I found a pair of jeans I really liked and felt good in but I left them at the store. They were a little more than I usually spend on my cloths plus I am going to MN this coming weekend so felt guilty spending the extra money.
Went to the strides walk on Sunday. Luckily the weather was decent. We only walked the 1 mile course because my mom and sister did not feel up to the 3 1/2 mile course. It got my blood moving so I could go home and finish cleaning house and working on laundry. Ugh, mommy's work never ends.
Stay safe everyone! Hope you have a wonderful on plan Monday!

HeyWife
10-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Mind if I jump in? I'm on Day one of Phase 1 of South Beach. Did SB about 3 years ago and lost about 10 pounds. But back then my starting weight was about 20 pounds less than it is now. I've noticed lately that when I eat too many carbs I get bloated big time so I'm hoping that this plan will help me out with that. Plus my dad is getting married in 5 weeks and I'd like to trim down before the wedding. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Sum38
10-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Okee...NO MORE spike days for me. Today is my 4th day off plan, and I feel yucky!!! -- Hiding that candy in the garage did not work :lol3: Halloween can not get here soon enough. My kids don't go out any more so that devil will be gone.-- I have also had wine each night and yucky food :( -- Part of it is that TOM will be here sometime this week...

I am NOT stepping on scale this week.

NEMom
10-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Hope every one in the path of Sandy is safe this morning! Sounds like NY and NJ really took a beating.
SUM - Hiding the candy would not have worked for me either. I sometimes have this voice in my head telling me I know where it is and I HAVE to eat it. I am so glad I did not have to buy any this year.

Welcome HeyWife the more the merrier!

I went slightly over calories last night. We had breakfast for dinner and I ate 4 sausage links. Man those thinks have a lot of calories for how small they are. Yikes, did not realize it until I entered them into MFP. Will not be eating those anytime soon.

I stepped on the scale and was down just a little. .8oz. I will take it and use it as motivation to stay on track today.

Happy Tuesday all! Stay safe.

cbigsis
10-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Happy Tuesday!

One on plan day yesterday. Working on two in a row today! Stress is still high with my daughter. She is intent on making everyone miserable. And unfortunately even when I try very hard not to show it to her, it is still working. I don't know how to not let her get to me.

guacamole
10-30-2012, 02:55 PM
cbigsis - good job staying on plan! I have a teenage son who really stresses me out, so I can totally relate to "big kid" issues.

I went to the doc today for a follow-up visit for some back issues. The nurse took my blood pressure, and it was 150/97! I can't tell you how sad I feel about that number, because one of the main reasons I got serious about weight loss was my high blood pressure. I had an auto bp cuff that I used to use to track my blood pressure every few days, and I had gotten back to a normal blood pressure range without meds as soon as 20lbs down. Well, my cuff broke a few months ago and I haven't been tracking anymore. I was assuming since my weight is so much lower than when I was doing regular blood pressure checks that for sure I was in the normal range. Apparently not. Of course, it might have been nerves or a spike from a cup of coffee I had before the visit. However, I am more determined than ever to get these last 20+ lbs off! It could make all the difference. Just feeling really down about my progress lately. On the upside - I don't need back surgery right now! Woo hoo!

Good luck today, everyone! Send me will power dust!

HeyWife
10-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Okay so maybe starting a diet of no carbs during a hurricane wasn't the best idea. We lost power so we didn't want to open our fridge. Didn't eat much since yesterday but had a pumpkin bagel for breakfast and heated up some tomato soup in my RV for lunch. So it looks like I'll restart day 1 tomorrow. Power came back on just a little while ago. We didn't get hit as hard as NY and NJ but there's a ton of trees down and some will be without power for 8-10 days. Kinda hoping I get out of going to work tomorrow.

kelijpa
10-30-2012, 09:21 PM
I stayed home for a couple days, it was tough between head cold and wondering when the power was going out to stay on program. Luckily we didn't have much of an outage, just during the night and came back on, both parents and inlaws are without for at least one day maybe two.

It was nearly impossible, except for the fact that we don't have much in the house that isn't OP, I ate too many handfuls of unsalted dry roasted peanuts I bought to make peanut butter out of...did better today

It seemed like it gave me a good excuse for not walking, not drinking my water and not getting back OP after the weekend, because it seemed like it was still the weekend...oh well, enough self bashing, did much better today, have hopes for a good weigh in Friday.

Hope everyone did ok with the storms!
best to all

kelijpa
10-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Sum, I can't have the candy in the house either, even if I hide it, one of us finds it, then it's all over...but the crying... :D

I've been having the glass of wine at night, too, in fact I'm having one now...:p

This is definitely that time of year when things can go in the wrong direction, I remember many times over the year, this would be the start of the holiday season, halloween, my birthday, thanksgiving, xmas, new years. They say if you can maintain over this time of year it's like losing 7-10 lbs as that's the average gain. So I've made some changes to my goals, just looking to lose maybe 5 over the holidays and then hit it hard and hopefully make my goal weight for easter time.

best to all

NEMom
10-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Happy Halloween! Here's to hoping we can stay out of the candy today!

Food was pretty good today. I think I must be starting PMS today because man, I am a witch today. I feel angry about many things that I generally just take in stride but not today. Good thing I have to work late today and won't be home to bless my family with my good mood.

At work we are having a reception for a special individuals 97th birthday. There will be cake (my weakness) and french pastries so I need to be on guard tonight. I will probably allow myself one treat and try to walk away from the rest.

Hope you all have a wonderful, on plan day!!!

guacamole
10-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Hello, all. Calories are within range so far, but I only have about 300 left and I am feeling hungry. I didn't exercise today because I was running errands in the morning and volunteering at my kids' school all afternoon - so no extra exercise points to pad me for eating extra calories. Argh. I hate days like this. Anyway, I'm still here and still committed and still tracking calories online - so that's something.

Hang in there today, everybody!

cbigsis
11-01-2012, 09:55 AM
So far OP this week for the most part. I did no realize PMS might have been playing a part in my chocolate cravings until yesterday. Now that the Halloween candy is open it could be a challenge. I had 2 pieces yesterday but easily tucked those into my calorie limit so I still call it OP for the day. And fortunately there is not too much left but there are certain kinds only I like so I either eat them slowly over a few weeks like a normal person or I should just throw them out. What to do.....?

Today we have a consultation with a lawyer for all the bs my DD has gotten herself into. The last few weeks I feel more and more depressed being just completely unable to get through to her at all. I really don't want to let all this stress get me off track so I'm trying extra hard right now.

Let's get out there and have an OP day everyone!!

guacamole
11-01-2012, 03:15 PM
kelijpa - "They say if you can maintain over this time of year it's like losing 7-10 lbs as that's the average gain." What a great way at looking at the holiday season!

NEMom - Hope you were able to avoid the temptations. It's so hard when your favorite foods are right in front of your face, literally on a platter!

cbigsis - :hug: I am so sorry about your stress with DD. You are doing great staying on track despite it all!

I am staying on track calorie-wise. I am still consuming more salt, sugar, and carbs than I need to in order to lose. I stepped on the scale and squeaked into 151lbs. I've got to keep fighting at this!

Cheers to an OP day, everyone! :hat:

NEMom
11-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Did not have a great food day yesterday. I let those french pastries get the better of me. Luckily, they were the small bite size ones but I still ate too many. There were left over ones today in the office and I sent them to work with one of our Board members who attended a meeting here. I do NOT want them staring at me all day long.

I am going out of town this weekend so hope I can find restaurants to keep my eating in check.

Sounds like you all have stayed away from the Halloween candy. Congrats! That is a huge victory!

cbigsis
11-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Bad bad bad food day yesterday. Stress got to me. So I dug into the halloween candy. Sometimes it just feels a bit hopeless. But I know I need to not let that make me unhealthy so I just have to keep trying. Just feeling pretty down right now.

Good luck everyone for an OP day

kelijpa
11-02-2012, 06:02 PM
cbigsis - {{{hug}}} - you're doing great in a very tough situation, I like that your vibe is healthy vs. unhealthy. You need to take care of yourself and keep yourself heathly so you can be there for and deal with DD's issues.

NEMom - great job getting those treats away when you saw they were too much temptation, I remember donut days at work getting to the point of well, I messed this day up, I might as well have another one... :(

Guac - I hear you, I must be eating something wrong or maybe need more water, maybe even putting on a little muscle (upped the incline and distance on the treadmill since I can't really walk outside with the weather as it is) whatever it is, I didn't lose what I thought I was going to after what I thought was a pretty decent week and had to fight the negatives, when the positives should be up front, kept off what I've lost and as you say squeaked off another 1/2 lb.

On another note, there was an interesting weight loss episode on The Doctors, I don't watch it too often, but DH was watching, there were some inspiring stories.

Also, Chris Powell (and his wife for a little exercise segment) was on Dr. Oz talking about some pretty simple things that could get your metabolism working, he talks about carb cycling, high then low every other day, one point that was a good reminder was making sure you're eating enough so your body doesn't try to store instead of burn. He said (which I've heard before in WW, not really new news) that if your body starts to think this is all it's going to get then it starts to slow down the metabolism and store.

It was a good reminder to be aware of what you're putting into your system, gotta keep that engine working good.

ok, I think I'm done for now...sometimes I just have lots to say...:D

gracenoted
11-02-2012, 08:16 PM
NEMom – FANTASTIC job on stopping the binge and not letting it totally derail you!! That is such a hard thing to do!!! Go you!!!

SyndeHat – how is your MIL doing? Definitely progress to even hold steady with that kind of stress, so celebrate the loss, no matter how small.
Sum38 – I know that feeling when you just feel yucky after too many days of junk. I bet you’ll feel much better and it will be easier to eat OP after the hormones are done tormenting you!! It’s awful to have to deal with that every month...so unfair that it’s so easy to undo 21 days of ‘good’ with 4 days of PMS! There ought to be a law against it!

Cbigsis – stress is such a drain, for sure! Hope whatever your DD is going through is resolved soon, or that you can at least come to some peace. Hugs! Don't lose your motivation - you are worth whatever effort it takes.

Guac – Yay on the no surgery!!! That’s gotta be a relief! Great job on the calories!

HeyWife – hope your restart is going well! The weather issues were such a stress that it's hard to worry about food plans...too many bigger things to worry about.

Good here, staying fairly well away from carbs and feeling a little better. Had a surprise TTOTM start, so that could explain last week's craziness. It's hard to predict hormones, and it seems to get harder and harder. I did make it to the gym yesterday for a body pump/cxworx combo class. Still feeling it today, but in a good way. I love how those classes have reshaped everything, though I am kind of wondering how to 'maintain' vs. progressing.

Did not eat any H'ween candy from the kids, and am considering that a NSV! I did buy myself a bag of Unjunk candy bars and am having 1/3 of one as a treat now and then. (if you haven't seen them, they're like regular candy bars - treat sized - that are made 'healthier' with no HFC, bad oils, etc. and have lower glycemic index sugars) I cut one bar into three pieces and each piece is a satisfying mouthful that doesn't lead me astray. Even counting carbs, I can work in 1/3 of a bar every day or so...can totally not believe I am able to just eat one piece, seriously! I am such a Carb Queen that I could easily have eaten the whole bag back in the day. I am TOTALLY sold on lower carb eating - my cravings are nothing like what they used to be! Still feeling a bit bloaty, but TTOTM may have to pass before I can really assess what's going on.

Glad the week is finally over - it was a long, stressful one with weather, work, and cleaning up. Can really use the extra hour of sleep tomorrow!!

Hope everyone has a peaceful weekend and finds some time to do something fun. Happy November!

Zumbachica
11-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Hey all....hurricane hit us hard....no power for days.....no workouts and eating horribly.....hope this nightmare is over soon....hope all here are doing well!!!!

syndehat
11-03-2012, 12:16 AM
:hug: Love and hugs too you all. If I knew how, I would start a November chat board but instead I will just check in here.

My MIL is still recovering from her surgery. I am back home now but will go back to get her and drive her to her Dr. apt. on the 9th to find out what we should expect in the way of chemo (how long, how often, what sort of care she will need during this time, etc.)

So, this is a major part of our life right now. My DH and his brothers seem to be ignoring the issue right now (shock I think) and not working together to come up with a long-term solution for MIL and her care in the coming months. They need to pull thier heads out of their collective a$$e$ and go to work on this.

But what do I know... I was just with her, holding her hand when she found out she had cancer and sat at her bedside all day and slept on a cot so that in case she woke up she wouldn't be frightened waking up in a strange place.

WOW. Guess I ws holding in some pent up frustration there. Thanks to you all for providing a safe place to vent and for listening. :^:

Sum38
11-03-2012, 11:20 AM
It is c-o-l-d in Michigan!

Finally TOM is here. I have been a total biotch this past week. Plus I ate and ate and ate some more. I ventures on scale and it went up by 2.5 pounds. Back to 156 :mad:

BUT I have an incentive now. I am planning a trip to Finland to see my family and friends and I don't want them seeing me like the cow I am today :moo: -- IF I could stay OP I could slim down by 20 pounds before my trip. Can I do it though? I feel sad because I can't seem to maintain 3 pound loss :(

Sending everybody :dust: I will be back with personals later.

Today
*weight 156
* exercise ?
*bfast
none
*lunch
tuna salad
*dinner
chicken, veggie and rice
*snack
TBD
Total cal 1200

Zumbachica
11-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Sum when is your trip? I think that is good incentive......my incentive is a fitness conference I am going to in Feb...but i dont see that starting until power is back in my house! This isn't fun

Sum38
11-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Zumba I am leaving around 25th of January and planning on staying for 2 weeks. I just realized that I am also leaving for Whistler on Feb. 16th. Back to back two foreign trips at the opposite ends of the world. -- Let's do a challenge together? What is your goal? -- If I keep thinking that "Zumba" is staying OP"; I will stay OP.

Zumbachica
11-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Sum my goal is to 132 by my bday....feb 15!!! I'd also like to be a bit more toned by a fitness conf I have on feb 9....going to sit and write it all down today....definitely need a plan!,,, I am going to keep a journal too since my eating problems are all emotional......:?: I truly need to get serious about my insanity workouts.....I just need to take charge of my health overall!!! So let's do this sum!,,, if u want to message me privately you can I will give you my email address....right now I have no power so I'm not getting on that often.....

Sum38
11-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Sounds like a plan.
Do you use MFP? If so, plz add me; Kristiina67 (3 i's :D) I like their journal. I am just working on making my weekly plan.

guacamole
11-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Please come and join the November 2012 chat! :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/269259-40-something-november-2012-chat.html

Zumbachica
11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Sum...what is MFP.....

Sum38
11-04-2012, 06:24 PM
myfitnesspal.com