Fitness Videos - 30 Day Shred October

View Full Version : 30 Day Shred October

Enygirl
10-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I didn't see a thread for this month started, so I'm making my own.

I completed Day 7, Level 1 this morning. Definitely noticing a change in endurance. Also took my measurements this morning for the first time ever. I'm interested to see the change there since i'm not seeing a ton on the scale.

Enygirl
10-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Apparently I'm all alone in here. :( Getting ready to do day 8. Hoping that more people join in!

Thedollylala
10-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Not alone! I am starting level 3 day 1 tomorrow! 10 days to
Go!!

Candeka
10-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Hey! I will start level 1 day 1 tomorrow. Since I've started 1000 times, I'll most likely advance sooner than the standard time. I'm also planning on mixing it in with RI30 to try and avoid quitting out of bordem!

Enygirl
10-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Yay! I'm glad you're here! Dolly, that's awesome that you've made it to level 3. 0 days left! WOOT!

Candeka, I had started a lot previously too... now I'm doing it for real. I'm doing the 10-10-10 because I haven't done it in 3+ years. :)

Tomorrow is day 10. My last day on level one! :yay: I haven't seen a lot of weight loss, but I'm definitely noticing a change in my body. I've even had other people notice it in my face. :)

I bought a few other Jillian DVDs at Target, both 20 mins. My daughter (10 years old) is super excited to do the kickboxing one with me. She keeps counting down the days until we start it. :)

Thedollylala
10-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Started day 1 of level 3, it kicked my arse

Enygirl
10-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Dolly - I've never made it past day 2 of level 3 in all of my attempts. I remembering it sucking beyond measure. Keep going!

I'm about to do my last day of level 1. I'm glad it's over. 1/3 done!

Bikini Ready
10-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Today I am on day 10 of level 1, I plan on resting tomorrow and Saturday will kick of level 2! I have seen more changes in my body, it responds really well to this routine. However, I need to focus a little more on my diet and quit my little cheat cheat bites here and there!

Annie415sf
10-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm on Level 1 Day 5. I get out of work at 1030pm tonight but hoping I have the energy to shred when I get home! It's only 20 mins right? :)

Enygirl
10-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Annie - stick with it!

I did day one level 2 today... it sucked. in a good way. :( CRAZY! sO WORTH IT! 19 Days left.

RoyalAthena
10-06-2012, 05:00 AM
I wanted to check in. I did day 4 of Level 1. I took yesterday off for a Dr appointment. I am really trying to stick with it this time. I hope to complete this so I can do some of her other stuff (which I have several of her DVDs).

Is anyone doing anything else besides this? Cardio? Pilates?

I would LOVE to lose that 20 pound that she promotes!! ;)

Enygirl
10-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Today was my rest day. I am still SO sore from yesterday. Back at it tomorrow for day 2 - level 2. :)

Bikini Ready
10-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Today I did day 1 of level 2 so tomorrow I'm on to day 2 of level 2 as well!

Enygirl
10-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Level 2 - day 2 done. I swear, it's like starting all over again with a new level. I know that I'm better than I was at level one, because I wouldn't have been able to do level 2, but WOW! Hard!

Also - I hate planks. That is all. :)

Bikini Ready
10-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I did level 2 day 2 also, but I have to admit the planks are growing on me! They really do tighten up the whole core which is really nice!

Candeka
10-07-2012, 08:26 PM
The planks are the worst!!! I've been so busy with school/work/thanksgiving but I've managed to keep at it. I did level 1 day 5 today!!

Enygirl
10-08-2012, 11:27 AM
L2/D3 done... still hating planks. I'm in a really bad mood today anyhow. Does anger burn calories??? It should! :mad:

Enygirl
10-09-2012, 09:51 AM
L2/D4 done. I'm actually excited that tomorrow is the official 1/2 way point of the workout, and of this level. Dolly - What's level 3 like? are there planks? ;)

RoyalAthena
10-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Level 1 Day 8. Talk of these planks is kind of intimidating me! :)

Bikini Ready
10-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Level 2 day 4 was completed today. I'm looking forward to level 3 again too, it's my favorite (yes there are still planks).

Enygirl
10-10-2012, 09:24 AM
RoyalAthena - don't be intimidated. I only complain because they'e tough, but they're DEFINITELY working!

I am having a really hard time getting motivated this morning. Generally, I'd be done shredding already, but it's a rough week, haven't been sleeping well, and TOM is here, which always makes me drag. However, after coming in here I'm a little more inspired, so I'm GOING to shred after I take my son to preschool in a 1/2 hour. I HAVE to stick with this. THe numbers on the scale aren't reflecting the work, yet, but I'm starting to fit into shirts that I couldn't even a month ago.

RoyalAthena
10-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Ok done with Level 1 today!! :carrot: I haven't decided if I am going to take a rest day or go straight for Level 2. I did preview Level 2 planks and tried one. It was the standing walk out plank. It was super hard. Hey! I am 258 pounds, so I am intimidated. :) I will see how many I can do in the 1 minute allowed. I am still very excited though! :cheer:

Enygirl
10-12-2012, 10:27 AM
RoyalAthena - I'm with you... but look how far you've come! #72 loss is nothing to shirk at! :D Planks suck, but they are WORKING! I haven't seen a big change in the scale, but definitely in my body with shape and inches.. it's working. :)

I had an awful day yesterday. No workout, horrible eating, just UGH! Realized (again) that if I don't see Jillian first thing the morning, it's not going to happen.

I didn't make the same mistake today though, and did L2/D6 first thing. So now I'm logging, drinking water, about to get a shower, then breakfast! :D

Eilis2914
10-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Just started Level 1 today, I'm hoping I can keep at it. I'm definitely feeling inspired by all of you.

Enygirl
10-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Elis - :welcome: This workout is tough, but SO worth it!

I finished L2/D7 this morning. I don't hate planks as much today. ;) I'm really liking seeing the difference in some of my target areas. And, there's less jiggle when I'm doing jumping moves. I know, sounds gross, but less jiggle is really what I want! :D

Only 13 more days... then I'll do my measurements again to see difference, especially since the scale doesn't seem to want to budge!

Enygirl
10-14-2012, 10:45 AM
L2/D8 done. Only 2 more days on level 2. I'm getting a little bored, so it's good I get to change it up in a few days! Still sweating a ton though! <3 it!

Enygirl
10-16-2012, 10:09 AM
I took a rest day yesterday... pretty much because I had NO motivation at all! Worst reason... it's so easy to fall back into that pattern of "I'll do it tomorrow" when I do that. :(

Today though - L2/D9... almost there... almost there... almost there...

Bikini Ready
10-16-2012, 09:47 PM
I finished up level 2 today, yay! On to level 3 tomorrow, it's my favorite so I'm really excited. Last time my results really started to show in the last 10 days, I'm hoping for the same this time because as of right now I feel better but haven't noticed anything physically or on the scale... I'll retake pictures after too, maybe that will show some evidence of my hard work.

Enygirl
10-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I did L2/D10 today. I can't believe I'm DONE with level 2! I'm hoping you're right Bikini; I haven't seen a lot in regards to the scale, but I feel a ton better, and I know I'm losing inches... but I'm hoping to see a big woosh by the end of this!

Bikini Ready
10-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Level 3 day 1 done! Man did I sweat a lot!

Enygirl
10-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Level 3 day 1 done. I sweat too. It didn't seem as hard overall as level 2, but there were individual moves that were really tough for me. On an awesome note, When I first started this, it was near impossible for me to do the quad stretch on my right leg because of the backfat getting in the way of being able to reach my foot. (I know - GROSS!) Now, I can reach it a lot easier, almost without a struggle. When I look in the mirror I'm seeing a big difference in a few areas, and that makes me very happy!

Enygirl
10-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Level 3 Day 2 - DONE! Honestly, this is the longest I've stuck to any workout plan! I am feeling so much better, more energy, and excited! I want to keep feeling like this, so I'm going to keep going!

After 30DS is done, I'm moving onto Jillian's kickboxing. My daughter (who's 10 and obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer) is really excited about that one... even though it means getting up 30 minutes earlier every day. :love:

Bikini Ready
10-20-2012, 11:09 AM
After the weekend I'll be half way through level 3! Eny~ I've never tried kickboxing but it has always interested me. Have you done Jillian's kickboxing before? I'm going to start Insanity again next!

Enygirl
10-20-2012, 08:43 PM
I've never done Jillian's, but it looks good. I <3 kickboxing and Tae Bo. I took today off to power clean my house. I think I'm just as sore from that as I get from Jillian! Back at it tomorrow! :)

Enygirl
10-21-2012, 09:52 AM
L3/D3 on the dock. I woke up STARVING this morning (which usually isn't the case) so I'm eating before my workout.

Bikini, how many times have you completed 30DS? I had made it through L3/D1 before, and then quit before. And to be honest, I didn't stick to it really at all then, it was like 2 days on, 4 days off. Now I'm sticking with it. I still take rest days, but NEVER two in a row, and I space them out a bit more.

Bikini Ready
10-21-2012, 04:32 PM
I've done it about 4 or 5 times fully, no cheating and probably another 5 times I started it but didn't complete it. This is over a five or six year period, 3 of the 5 times I did it fully have been in this year. I've finally got the right mental attitude! I really enjoy it now, kind of a stress reliever for me.

On to something new after I finish up this week to keep myself on my toes. I started Insanity before but didn't have the strength to keep up with a lot of the moves and being a perfectionist I didn't like to modify. So I've been doing a few rounds of 30DS to prep for Insanity. I think I'm ready now though!

Annie415sf
10-23-2012, 09:36 PM
ok, here it goes again. Going to try to do it from the beginning. I just bought 3lb handweights so that will be better than last time when I was using cans of beans! haha. Hopefully we get some more members to chime in on here.

Enygirl
10-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Hi Annie! I don't think a lot of people are doing it right now, or at least aren't on here if they are. Doing L3/D5 today. I had a hiatus yesterday and it was AWFUL completely full of BAD decisions. :( Back at it today.

takingcontrol
10-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi guys, glad to have found this thread. I learnt to love gym classes for the first six months of the year, and by the time I was done it broke my heart to say goodbye!

Now after a mad couple of months working residential jobs and moving abroad, I'm finally settled and back on the exercise thing. Albeit home workouts this time around!

I've just got a copy of 30 day shred and will be starting tomorrow, can't wait! After a couple of you tube workout videos on Mon and Tues I've remembered how much I LOVE the exercise burn and next day ache!! Gave myself today off apart from the cycling and walking I do for my job so that I'll be ready to take on Jillian in the morning!

mrsdd
10-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone ... I did level 1 .... day 1 yesterday ... sorry to say the Jillian Michaels is not my favorite person today ... I am in pain !!!!! hahahahha but I plan on doing day 2 tonight when I get home ... I figure the pain can't be much worse :) This thread is great, I am certain I will need the encouragement :carrot:

takingcontrol
10-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Nice work mrsdd, I just did day 1 level 1 this morning and I loved it! It was challenging but I could get through all the moves to the end, which was a great motivator. I'm sure I'll be hating Jillian in the morning too, but hey we'll love her in a month!

Annie415SF, did you start up too? How did it go?

WTG to all of you guys almost getting to the end, have you noticed a difference? Does anyone also follow her food plan? How long has it taken you to do the 30 days? Thanks for your input!
Today I'm hoping to buy a tape measure and some proper weights and a mat. Although living in a strange Thai town, i'm not sure how easy those things will be to buy!

I'm also going to work out a plan, I might end up spreading the 30 day shred over 60 days and mixing it with other workout videos, although it was great today, I can see myself getting bored somewhere in the middle!

I hope more 'newbies' join in the the thread and we can help each other through!

Annie415sf
10-25-2012, 03:04 AM
I started today yes! With 3 lb weights.

Sorry to get off topic but my SF Giants are killing it! We just won Game 1and of the World Series! That's baseball. :)

What are you doing over in Thailand? That's on my list to visit while i visit Japan next year.

Enygirl
10-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Good job starting guys! I finished L3/D6 today. :) I can't believe only 4 more days!

Enygirl
10-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Did L3/D7 yesterday, and about to do D8 today! I am so proud of myself for sticking to this! I'm sure I'll come back to it after I spend a month kickboxing with Jillian and my daughter, she's really into that and I definitely want to encourage it! :D

Enygirl
10-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I'M DONE!!! Day 3 Level 10!! I did it! ALL OF IT!! Im so proud I can't stand it! :woohoo:

Keep at it girls! Seriously!

Total loss = 5.75" - It's worth it!

Bikini Ready
10-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Congratulations Eny!!! All the hard work pays off in the end!

I finished too but am holding off weighing or measuring because I had some company in town this weekend and I know I have a few pounds of sodium/water weight hanging around...