South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Monday, October 1

It always seems right for the first day of a month to be a Monday and I sure am up nice and early to "enjoy" it! I read my clock as 5:22 and was up and coffee'd before I realized it was 2:22. The darned dogs didn't point out my error but gobbled their breakfast and then went back to bed. I just may join them until I need to get up for gym.

Yesterday afternoon was busy but fun. All eight of the dogs passed the evaluation, something that seldom happens. Now we need to gather police checks and vaccination certificates, do monitored visits and they will be all set for visiting. There were some wonderful dogs there - some of the owners not so great but they are always more nervous than the dogs. They need a nice skritch behind the ears.

Off to the gym for 7:30 and then the quilting group for 9. This afternoon I'll be at the Township Offices signing some contracts for the renovation of the Old Town Hall. Looks like an afternoon nap is not going to happen so I'm heading back to bed for an hour or so before I crank up the day.

I hope your month and morning has a later start than mine!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I finally made it back to sleep for another hour after an early start. Today is one of two normal days, the rest all being extra long and busy. I have a lot to do but it's close by and I will be home for dinner (broccoli cheese soup! the kind with white beans). I've started counting down to the day after the election. I'm heading out of town for a few days, maybe to the Cape. It's nice to have something to look forward to after the craziness.

I'm joining the seriously back on plan crew this morning, though not sure I will do a strict phase 1. It's not really a craving issue, just a bad behavior issue. I'm definitely going grain free for at least a week but may keep winter squashes in the mix. Of course no off plan foods either! Exercise will also be back on track.

Now for some coffee and a plan for my day. As busy as my time is I have to make my own plan for each day.

How is your week shaping up?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, some people are just going to bed at 2:22am, and here you are, getting up. I hope you managed another couple hours of sleep before your busy day gets started. That's great that all the dogs passed! How many dogs are in the therapy program at the moment?

Cyndi, I'm glad you had fun camping this weekend, and wish you lots of willpower as you get back on track.

My food has been pretty much on-plan this past week, and now that Jake has been diagnosed with diabetes, he's been strictly following SBD too, which makes cooking meals so much easier for me.

My week is looking to be pretty much routine, and it looks like we'll have a sunny day for this first day of October, although the rain is due back tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! I wasn't seen this thread on the front page, and thought it wasn't started yet. But, Ruth got a little crazy starting it at 3:30 am! You made me laugh having coffee at 2:22, sounds like something I would do. Hope you get a little nap in!

Cyndi - sounds like a good idea, leaving the winter squash in. My friend gave me a bowl of the moroccan tagine the other night, she made it at her daughter's 16th bday party (by request!) and it was a big hit. Yum!

Cottage - hope your week stays routine!

For me - work and the dog of course. Thanks for all your special thoughts - she is a great girl. I hate knowing I'm going to have to go thru another roller coaster hill before this is over. I'm also nervous because she still needs assistance, and I am gone Thurs night - Sun night, so it will be DH's job.

Good luck to all the chicks starting up phase I this week!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good Morning, Ruth I seriously needed a wake up call this morning! Silly me set the alarm for 3:40 pm. Also, I was supposed to provide a wake up call at 5 to my friend Joe (first day of bow hunting in NY). Thankfully I did not shut the ringer off on my cell last night. At 5:05 ping a text message from Joe telling me he was up. My waking thought oh crap I'm not!!! Got to work an hour late, which is actually our official start time, but still I hate being late. Time to get focused on the day. I will blame my mistake on poor eating this week. See what bad carbs can do LOL

Have a great Monday all
Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Twynn, glad to hear Reesie is hanging in there.

everyone else. My bro left this morning and I have a very short time to prepare for work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Tammy - thinking of you!!

Running late with getting on the computer today - we were dog sitting this weekend, and so after I took everyone to school and work, I took him on a great long walk in the October sunshine. Then happily for him and sadly for me, his human came to get him. So now I attempting to play fetch with my cats. Yeah.

Heading out to the grocery store in about 5 minutes for SB foods - I have greek yogurt, a clearly stalk and two carrots left in the house. No V8, no cheese sticks, nada. Breakfast ended up being a banana, which was quite honestly tasteless. What is the point of having a fruit while supposed to be on Phase 1 if it tastes lousy!!????

176 is the goal for Wednesday - half a pound to go. Here's to it! Trying not to dwell on this time last year when I was 15 lbs lighter. Someone remind me of this NEXT year, eh???
Be well -
Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning (technicaly)! I've been up since 8a and why don't I come check in here sooner?!?!? LOL.

Quiet day for me. Finished a scrapbook yesterday and will go pick up pictures to do the 2009 Disney trip. Then wait until next week (post in-law visit) to scrapbook the two cruises so I am all caught up I had to buy some more supplies.

Why is it I always spend money when I've got none coming in!?!? LOL.

Happy October!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Lookie who's back (with a vengeance.) So apparently in my Week of Indulgence for my "honeymoon," which involved a lot of eating out and inappropriately, I managed to gain 7 lbs. In 7 days. I am awesome.

So I'm currently 5 lbs heavier than I was AFTER Christmas/New Years last year, and that's just ridiculous. I am doing a strict week of Ph1 and then analyzing depending on my results/cravings at that point.

Just popping in to say hello. Hugs to all! And prayers for Reesie!

Lisa
Old 10-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. No time to chat, just wanted to check in. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Closed Thread