100 lb. Club - ReGainers ReLosing in October ~ Get it off again!

patchworkpenguin
09-30-2012, 08:20 PM
This is a thread for support and encouragement for all of us who find we have regained some of the weight we worked so hard to lose the first time.

We did it once we can do it again! :dance:

hatgirlie
09-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Yes! Good luck to all of us, again!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Right on -- hope your October is even better than September was. I ate too much popcorn the other night; paid with upset system today. Am better now but learned a good lesson; too much popcorn isn't good for me. ;) Tonight had nice roast chicken dinner; and baked some muffins & tea loaves for DH for the week.

This last day of September, we had lovely :sunny: all day and it was fairly warm too. It actually felt more like a summer day. Still nice to have some sun again after all the :rain: we had last week. Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up and a Super Successful October too ... :D

angelskeep
10-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Yikes! I was waaaaay off plan yesterday. 3 glasses of white wine and 2 slices of pizza. and just that was like 600 calories too much.

I made up for it today with a bunch of exercise. Rode the bicycle for just over an hour. walked on the dirt road for an hour and 1/2, and as soon as we are done watching a movie, will do 2x14 minute miles on the WATP video.

My official weigh day is wed. but I checked this morning to see how much damage I did, and thankfully, I am okay, actually down one more pound. It was quick for the first couple of weeks last time too, and then slowed down to a pound or two a week.

Pink-how much popcorn did you eat, LOL! That is one of my favorite night time snacks, air popped and just some butter flavored cooking spray.

Anyhow, back to our popcorn and a movie. Have a good week everyone1

Barb

ctrockerchick
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Count me in! This is exactly what I need! Lost 100 pounds and gained back 80. GRRRRRRRR....

mahtha
10-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Good morning everyone :wave: It's hard to believe it's October already, it seems as though I just flipped the calendar to September!

Welcome ctrockerchick, it's nice to have you join us!

Nothing is new or exciting here. I'm struggling trying to find "interesting" food to eat, I'm now tired of all my go-to dishes. I was actually under calories all weekend despite some heavy-carb meals. TOM has finally passed so I'm hoping to see the scale move a little this week. It will be nice to get a little closer to that 50 pound mark and hopefully it will get my motivation back in high gear. I feel like I've been plodding along since early August with little to show for my efforts. Must.get.back in.the.groove.

I hope everyone has a great, OP day!

calluna
10-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Hello, there! I've been pretty much MIA for a few weeks with busy life, but I'm still here. Not much loss to show, but I did run a half marathon yesterday, so that has to count for something, right? cheers -

Pink Hurricane
10-01-2012, 01:20 PM
:wave:

Hello everybody! I can't believe it is October either, so much good stuff to come very soon! I am a bit ticked because I injured my back a bit last week and between that and the TOM I put on 5lbs. I don't understand how I managed that because I stayed OP with eating and substituted walking for my regular workouts but whatever, I'm feeling a lot better and am looking into revamping my whole routine. My back is still hurting but not near as bad as it was last Thursday night.

I'm OP with eating as usual and I did 20 min of Zumba this morning. It was my first time so I was trying to get a good feel of it (DVD) so I know I can complete the full DVD next time I pop it in. Baby steps but I'm gonna get there!

Heather26
10-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Count me in! I lost 75 and have now gained all but 20 back :( But it came off once, so it's time to get rid of it again!

LoseToAll
10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I am back up to 223 again. I have watching my calories and didn't have pizza this weekend. Had Mexican food but watched my calories and did not go over very much. What is wrong with me?

Didn't go to church. Couldn't face the dress. Felt really guilty. Wish I could get over my anxiety about this weight I have gained. I was on nurtisystem and it worked for a while then it stopped working and I started counting calories. Just doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I should try it again. But it actually has more calories than what I am trying to take in now. I don't get it. I wish exercise worked for me but it does not work for me and I get discouraged and stop. So many of you are losing so much and I lose nothing. Just so discouraged. Sorry for the bellyaching. Thanks for listening. Funky

patchworkpenguin
10-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Glad to see so many new people as well as the familar faces!

Hubby and I are trying to get errands done as well and finding something fun to do.

Funky, if it makes you feel any better I've lost and gained the same 5 lbs for the past 2 years. I feel like I"ve tried everything but nothing seems to work. I'm a lot more consisitant than when I lost the weight the first time but its not happening again. :dizzy:

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
:welcome: TO ALL THE NEWBIES ~ glad you joined us over here; best wishes on re-losing in October ... :)

ENJOY LIFE ~ Ya, made a big mistake there with the popcorn; lesson learned though. The dieticians say popcorn is a good snack, but it is if it doesn't clog up your system. Will have something else next time. :)

WE had another gloriously :sunny: day today, so we went up town to pick up the things I couldn't get last week and we had lunch out first. Then tonight after dinner, I was brave and went out for another fairly long walk (30+ minutes which is long for me). The night air was really nice for walking. I pushed myself to go a bit further as well. :D

Had a nice steak with stir-fry veggies and a small salad for dinner. Eating was good all weekend and today too. Hope you all have a wonderful OP week too ... :flow2:

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-01-2012, 09:42 PM
FUNKY ~ I'm not sure in your specific case, but if you keep stopping, then you will never see the results you are working so hard for. Do you see what I mean? You have to fight through the stalls and plateaus until the scale shows a loss, or you lose inches or sizes, or whatever. The scale isn't the only indicator of fat loss.

Tweaking your food & exercise plan is essential to find what works for you. It may be changing the foods you eat -- more protein, or less complex carbs or one more CC, or more veggies; or eating less or eating more; or it may be going for a walk every day or EOD. For many of us, if not most -- the most important thing is to keep going. So many quit before they see success becuz they are impatient, and sabotage their own success by giving up.

I added in toning exercises and hand weights, which helped me lose lots of inches and sizes too. That is still a loss and progress. You are much lower than me, and I would love to be where you are. Do you walk at all? You probably already told us but with so many people on so many threads, it is hard to keep track of everyone.

Have you given us an outline of what you eat each day or for one week so we can make some suggestions to you? That may help. :hug:

LoseToAll
10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Justwant2be I eat mainly fruits, salads with garbanzo beans, milk, and small dinner with meat and a carb. 1200-1400 calories. My big problem is the weekends with my family. I have no self control. I seem to do okay for 3-4 weeks then I lose it and undo all my work. Exercise is tricky because I get discouraged when it makes no difference on the scale.

I am back down on the scale to 221 today. My TOM started and that has to be the reason for the gain. Mine is not regular so I do not bother to keep track, so usually only get a day of advance notice. This one took me by surprise.

Today seems like an incontrol day. Hope you all have a good OP day. Funky

patchworkpenguin
10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I think my goal for this month will be to keep my sanity.

My sinus/allergies are going nuts, its that time of year, most meds for this put me to sleep in under 30min so I'm kinda on my own.

Work is sending Hubby out of town again next week, this time to train his replacement. Wed the company is having a meeting here in Memphis to annouce that they will be out of work, long after everyone else knows.

My Bible study is on Fall break this week, this is the first time we've had a fall break so that's interesting.

I'm doing kettlebells and cardio this week.

Funky, what is it about family that can make us crazy? I seem to have the same problem as you I can be 'good' for a while then I 'break' and devour everything in sight. I figured out I'm feeling deprived during the 'good' weeks so then go nuts. You might try planning in a some 'treats' to keep you feeling more satisfied. Buying a single brownie out someplace I found is far better than buying a package of cookies and trying to resisit.

Pink Hurricane
10-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Enjoyn- My back is definitely starting to feel a lot better, thank you for asking! And yeah, hormones are ridiculous but I am pretty much back to normal in that department thank goodness! :)

My day is going really well, just a few hours left of work then I will be back home with my hubby! Tonight is the last night he works for the week, so I'm always pumped when Tuesday comes around because I get to have him home at night for the rest of the week. :D

I completed Cardio X this morning, burned over 400 calories. I've stayed OP and I am feeling a little hungry so I brought a Nature Valley trail mix bar with me to work to munch on this afternoon as a snack. I realize that I tend to be hungry in the later afternoon a few hours after lunch, so I am going to make sure I have a healthy and filling snack with me!

How's everyone else's day going?

patchworkpenguin
10-02-2012, 05:46 PM
I did Kettlebell Way 1. I used my new 20# for the single arm moves then dropped to the 15# for the abs. We had the heat on last night but I've got the windows open instead of turning on the AC. The high is supposed to be 70* but its already up to 74*. Since I'm already snuffly I dusted the ceiling fans, which I try to do spring/fall before and after we use them. I have no idea how things that are moving constantly get dusty!

I'm roasting a butternut squash for soup tonight and will make garlic-cheese drop biscuits to go with them. {think Red Lobster but since Hubby developed a bad seafood allergy, I have to make them at home}

Pink, glad your back is better.

angelskeep
10-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Howdy all! After my minor mishap off plan over the weekend, I've been staying good. Did a bunch of extracise on sunday to help make up for it, and was right back to average yesterday. I even added an extra WATP mile.

Funky-is your family deliberately sabotagin you, or are you doing it to yourself? I'm from a family of really great cooks, and we've always gone overboard whenever we get together. All my socail activities seem to involve food, too. What has helped me is to either have ppl over here so I can cook food that fits into my plan and weigh/measure my own portions and divide them out, or to go ahead and go to functions involving food, take whatever I am supposed to bring to share, but also bring my own on plan foods. I still get to join in the fun and I don't go off plan. I don't know if those strategies would work for you, but maybe you can consider them.

Penguin-You always do so many things each day, I am envious!

pink-it sounds like your afternoon snack plan is a good one and helping you to stay on plan. Glad your back is feeling better!

Barb

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-02-2012, 11:27 PM
What has helped me is to either have ppl over here so I can cook food that fits into my plan and weigh/measure my own portions and divide them out, or to go ahead and go to functions involving food, take whatever I am supposed to bring to share, but also bring my own on plan foods. I still get to join in the fun and I don't go off plan.

BARB ~ those are really good ideas there; the same as I would suggest. Take foods/dishes you can eat with you to the family functions. I also agree about fitting in some of those things you are binging on into your plan. When we deprive ourselves too much for too long, we can actually set ourselves up for a binge.

FUNKY ~ what are you eating at the family weekends that is causing you a problem? CAn you take something else with you? Plus, I was thinking that one off weekend every 3-4 weeks shouldn't be causing that much of a problem, or am I misunderstanding something?

Also, the exercise works in conjunction with eating less to help with your plan. JOHN P likes to say, "Eat less to lose fat; and exercise to get fit". Would looking at it that way help you in the future?

Had a great day -- got so much done today around the house (laundry, floors washed, mending & bed changed). DH was a little confused tonight after taking a nap, but is now sleeping. Hopefully, he will be OK for the night now. Eating went well today. Had an eggmuffin for BF; pastrami/chz bunwich for Lunch; and l/o chicken and veggies (included small np) for dinner; and some small snacks in between.

Have a wonderful OP Wednesday everyone; just do your best each day!

dgramie
10-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Im home from vacation, and up 9lbs today, was 11 yesterday. I have to get this weight off now

patchworkpenguin
10-03-2012, 10:01 AM
So this is traditionally my early morning, but since we have Fall Break from Bible study I expected to be able to sleep late, but no, here I am wide awake!

Yesterday, I made some banana-oatmeal muffins for breakfasts this week. After I put the batter in the tins I realized I forgot to add the sugar, so I sprinkled a bit of brown sugar on top of each muffin and as it baked it created a crunchy top! I'll have to remember that, but I think I'd rather just put everything in the batter in the first place.

Cardio and a CS for today. My parents are taking me to lunch today.

angelskeep
10-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Just weighed myself for the week. No loss. Good grief! I was over in calories by 600-ish one day but made up for it the next 3 with a combo of extra exercise and slightly less food. I hope this week works better. I am discouraged.

Barb

patchworkpenguin
10-03-2012, 04:47 PM
The meeting at Hubby's work went better than we expected. The are saying the hanger will close in January {which is better than the previous 'before Dec'}, but they are still closing. Since Hubby has seniority he may be able to transfer to 'the line' to at least keep a paycheck coming in past January.

I checked out a bunch of recipe books at the library to keep me busy next week when Hubby is out of town {again}; it seems every Fall I get interested in cooking again. I got my bread dowgh formed into loaves to bake off later.

I keep the AC set at 78 in the summer, right now its 75 in the house with the fans going but it feels hot. Perception is a funny thing.

Barb, its frusterating when we think we are doing everything right and still no loss.

geoblewis
10-03-2012, 05:39 PM
I hit a wall recently, an emotional wall, and haven't been able to get my mojo back. Since then, I've regained 13 lbs. and the scale is now bouncing between 299 and 296. Hate this!

So many factors have contributed to this (wrote this post (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/267464-motivational-plateaus.html) about it just now). I don't really know what I need to get things going in the right direction again. If I were to dream up a wish list of conditions for success, I guess it would look like this...

Cooler temperatures - I can't seem to get enough sleep when it's hot at night, and that creates cascade failure.
No emotional leeches in my life - If only my oldest would go away to college and my youngest would do his chores without arguing about every little thing, and if my mother would stop trying to sabotage my life and stop sending my sister to do her evil bidding.
Refrigerator/pantry free from all the wrong foods - If only BOTH my kids were away at college.
Endocrine issues - Menopause and type 2 diabetes SUCK! Wish I could effectivelycontrol them both with diet.
And I wish I had my energy back! Because if that were the case, I'd have everything else whipped!See you 'round!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-03-2012, 09:40 PM
GEORGIA ~ welcome back -- at least you caught it before it was worse. You definitely have a lot of stressors in your life. Some teens will argue and push the line at every opportunity. Do you have a haven in your home where you can escape? An office or bedroom? Here's a few thoughts ...

#1 -- Fans and A/C to cool off at night. #2a -- ignore the kid -- that's why he complains; to get your goat! #2b -- ask the sister not relay any more of mom's messages. #2c -- ignore Mom too; only when necessary! ;) #3 -- this one you can control: you are the shopper/cook; just do it! How about this weekend? #4 -- ah, menopause: that's a toughy; you can use natural means or just wait it out (again, fans/AC for hot flashes or a walk on a cool night, and a little beer for other symptoms) :lol: Diabetes is a toughy too -- two options: less carbs or more balanced carbs (the latter worked for me). #5 -- maybe more sleep, a multi-vitamin, and more spinach for more energy ... ;)

PENGUIN ~ glad that there is some light at the end of the tunnel after all. Still hope that your DH will have a job into the new year too. :hug:

BARB ~ just keep going; you will see some movement eventually! :hug:

ENJOYLIFE ~ thanks for all our encouragement; I really appreciate it!!

dGramie ~ drats on the vacation surprise; chip away at it a bit at a time -- hopefully, most of it is water-weight anyways! ;)

Had a beautiful :sunny: day today, so spent a lot of time outdoors -- did some extra walking around the neighbourhood, and really pushed myself as I was a bit tired after yesterday, but I did it!!! Eating is good this week -- yeah!!! Hope you all have a terrific OP Thursday tomorrow ... :flow2:

patchworkpenguin
10-04-2012, 12:56 AM
I did Classical Stretch 609 ~ Shoulders & Stress Relief, then added on the cardio portion from Cathe's Slide and Glide. I have such fun with that one, today was the first time I didn't have to stop and put the 'cover' back on my disc because it had come off, however I did almost send one flying across the room, lol.

My bread turned out really well today but I'm not sure what I did differently.

Rosebud, thanks for your prayers and supoort!

Georgia, welcome back, glad to have you join us. With winter coming the first one might take care of itself.

patchworkpenguin
10-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I ended up doing UB ~ 55min. I used everything from my 3's-15's. Hubby said he wanted to go for a walk later so hopefully that will help thaw out my legs.

Hubby is coming home with a new-to-us car. He sold his Tarus for $300 to a friend and is coming home with a Jetta also for $300. I should prehaps point out that both cars run are the same age, but the Jetta is in better shape. I haven't seen it yet in person, but he's promised me a ride tonight. ;)

I made some mini cheese stuffed meatloaves for dinner earlier this week. I got the recipe from Krogers. They were really good. Basically you mix the meatloaf part, divide it in muffin tins, stick a cube of cheese in it, brush the top with ketcup/sugar/worchestshire sauce and bake. The cheese oozed out the top and Hubby called them Cheese Volcanos.

I checked some books out of the library, some diet, some recipe. I'm reading Skinny Chicks don't Eat Salad. I like the book, Christine is funny and gets her point across. She advocates eating protein with carbs 4-5 times a day to keep blood sugar level. So far I've eaten 3 times today but when a food addict gets to eat more she's happy. :dizzy:

Enjoyin, some areas can get Classical Stretch on PBS. Not here though I had to buy a season but it was worth it. http://www.classicalstretch.com/ I got season 6 which has 30 23min workouts, filmed in Jamacia I might add.

angelskeep
10-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Day one again for me. 'Nuff said.

Penguin-volcanos LOL!

Wondering if anyone else goes over their suggested protein every day? When I did this before, I figured out how to eat the most food with the fewest calories and since I have started paying attention to the fat/carb/protein more....well I am always about 1/3 over on that. I've noticed that the bone spurs on my feet seem to hurt less/recover faster and wondering if the extra protein is doing it. And feeling concerned because I don't know if too much protein is bad. I'm also eating plenty of veggies, a bit of "clean fat" in the form of avocado every day and an occasional dab of olive oil or 2 X 5grams of real butter. Nearly all of my carbs are from produce or from whole grains. I usually eat a banana or some strawberries or one other kind of fruit each day not very much because fruit doesn't fill me up very well for the calories in it. Should I be worrying about too much protein even if it's lean. Eggbeaters, super trim chicken, low- or ff dairy.

Barb

patchworkpenguin
10-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Barb, I was just reading about protein powders on WebMD. They say too much protein {powder or otherwise} can lead to kidney stones, liver problems, and GI issues, but moslty the GI problems stem from allergies to whey or soy. Worth looking into.

angelskeep
10-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks, Penguin. I may need to adjust my meals a bit or stop eating yogurt and drink olive oil instead. EEK! Or eat crappy white bread instead of the healthy stuff with lots of fiber and 5g protein per slice. Or something. More fruit maybe.

Barb

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-04-2012, 08:27 PM
BARB ~ I think some people don't get enuff protein. I think it depends on whether you have kidney stone or other health issues, etc. If you don't, then I wouldn't worry about it at all, esp since your protein is coming from more natural food sources. Plus, if it seems to be helping you, maybe you needed more. Your basic plan sounds good to me. :)

EDIT2ADD: why were you asking this question? Do you think you are taking in too many calories overall or just protein calories?

PENGUIN ~ will take a looksee at that stretch video; thanks for sharing!

ENJOYLIFE ~ thanks once again ... :lol:

Eating was very good today; washed my bedroom carpet this AM; went for an extra walk this aft even though it wasn't that nice out (waited for a break in the drizzle). Dealt with some Alzheimer's stress without eating. Overall a good day in the end ... :D

Have a fabulous OP Friday everyone ... :flow2:

angelskeep
10-04-2012, 11:57 PM
BARB ~ I think some people don't get enuff protein. I think it depends on whether you have kidney stone or other health issues, etc. If you don't, then I wouldn't worry about it at all, esp since your protein is coming from more natural food sources. Plus, if it seems to be helping you, maybe you needed more. Your basic plan sounds good to me. :)

EDIT2ADD: why were you asking this question? Do you think you are taking in too many calories overall or just protein calories?

I was just curious about the protein calories. Overall net calories are really good for me when I stay on plan. Two years ago, I was using nutrition data's website to calculate my calories, but wasn't paying too much attention to the actual breakdown percentages, just kinda checking to make sure what I eat is nutritious and filling. This time, I am using MFP and it keeps track of a lot more stuff. I am eating pretty much the same way now as I was then. I am always over on protein, and a little bit under on fat and carbs according to MFP. I know when I eat like this I feel pretty good, have plenty of energy and fewer aches and pains. I had a complete blood panel thingy done while I was eating this way before and my doctor just about fell out of his chair when he got the results because everything was showing "pristine" according to him. I guess he expected them to be awful or something since I had been significantly heavier prior to that. I changed over to him from another doctor after I had already lost a bunch of pounds, just doing it on my own, no dietician or specific meal plan, just trying to eat right and move around a bunch. I've never had any kind of diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney stones, liver problems or anything except that I smoked for 30+ years and when I quit smoking 4 years ago I ate steakburgers with cheese and bacon, beef jerky, hot tamales candy etc. constantly for 2-3 months while spending a lot of time riding in the car so I packed on the pounds really quickly. They have taken a lot longer to get rid of :D

I just want to make sure I am not setting myself up for some kind of dreadful problems medically from eating too much protein. It's not like Atkins or paleo, just ends up being pretty high on super lean protein. I made chicken stew from scratch today-a pound of celery, 150 grams of onions, a pound+ of carrots, a pound of chicken, spices, a can of UGH! cream of chicken soup because I had it in the pantry and 200 grams of pearled barley. All of that made a huge crock pot full of stew that I weighed and divided into 8 servings. It is 245 calories per serving and 18 grams of protein. Who'da thunk? Less fat in that than there was in the 10 grams of butter I put on a white dinner roll. And the stinkin' barley has protein in it, not just carbs.

I wish I could afford to go see a nutritionist, but I spent all my money on chicken breasts and vegetables. :dizzy:

YIKES! I have rambled again.

Better go do my last 2 miles of WATP!

Barb

patchworkpenguin
10-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Well, I got my ride in the car. It is small, cramped, has those weird double seatbelts from the 90's, and every time Hubby shifts he elbows me, but its nicer than the one we had. :D

angelskeep
10-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, I got my ride in the car. It is small, cramped, has those weird double seatbelts from the 90's, and every time Hubby shifts he elbows me, but its nicer than the one we had. :D

I am glad you're here. You always make me smile. Our minivan was totaled in a 3-car crash @ Christmas time and we didn't want to go into debt for a new one. I now drive a 1998 Jeep Cherokee that had 233,00 miles when we bought it in June. I have not purchased a used (let alone prehistoric) car in over 20years. The Jeep is nicer than no car.

Barb

patchworkpenguin
10-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Since I couldn't seem to sleep late the past two days I made up for it by over-sleeping today but it was nice. My quads are still sore but its reduced to the 6 inches right above my knees. I was supposed to do Cathe's Triple Tabata premix but I'll look for something calmer for cardio

Barb, it helps that Hubby can work on cars so that if something is wrong he can fix it. He buys cheap cars from his friends to run back an forth to work, our last 4 cars cost us less than $1000 total, but they all needed a little work. We see no point in ever buying a new car, they are so expensive.

angelskeep
10-05-2012, 09:54 PM
enjoynlife-your font looks fine. too bad your Ipod can't make all our derrieres look like it did your font...I'd be first in line to buy one. My butt is always the first thing to start shrinking, like upat the top where my hips join my back. Odd place. I wish my middle would go away instead!

Everyone-just an FYI about the protein. When I did the percentages that MFP gives, it's like only 20%-ish protein, which is pretty dang low IMHO. i tried to eat their way today and I am ravenous still, so tomorrow I'm going back to my 40-30-30 type thing, which I discovered is what I just naturally drifted towards last time and it worked. And I guess the "Zone" diet is that sort of ratio though I don't really know much about it and not buying any books to find out.

So I am OP today still. I have one more WATP mile to walk beofre I go to bed, but that's easy these days. The weather is chilly outside, so I am gonna bundle up and take an outside walk for an hour tomorrow. I love being outside in the crispy cold air!!!

Barb

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-05-2012, 10:23 PM
ENJOYLIFE ~ I am just walking up and down the streets at this point; some are good, some not so good. From here, I can go in three different directions; I think I found the best one tonight. The sidewalks are smoother too. It was a NSV for me to go 2 blocks which I did, but I had to push myself to get home as I was gone for over 40 minutes.

It was really cold out there today, with very strong winds. Next time, I need to take mittens. The biggest victory is that I went further and longer than before and I also was able to see our beautiful lake. The next step is to get right down to it, but it will be a bit of a challenge to get back up the huge hill on the way back.

Eating was really good today; I think the hearty dinner helped me on my walk tonight. I am chipping away at my goals a bit at a time. I have major holiday goals until next spring planned -- minimum 3 lbs up to 7 lbs and of course, I want to lose lots of inches and a few sizes if I can. So, onward ho; here we go ... :D

BARB ~ glad you got that protein thing sorted out for now; I think you'll be OK!

Hope you all have a wonderful OP weekend -- try really hard this one, OK? ;)

patchworkpenguin
10-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I get to clean house today, but its the end of the week, I"m looking forward to the weekend. Hubby is going on interviews Monday. I just realized its only 50* here!

Enjoyn, each show has a different theme or focus, but you are on the right track! Your host is Miranda Esmonde-White, and her DD Sarah is usually in the cast. Sarah has put out her own DVDs, called Essentrics, based on her Mom's work. I'll have to check again to see if I can get them on TV, too.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-06-2012, 09:30 PM
ENJOYLIFE ~ thanks! Yes, it was cooler here today and oh boy, we had some ***** today but every lovely flake melted as it hit the ground so there's none left. It was cold & wet & blowing (almost like a mini-blizzard) so I passed on the walk, but I had a good one yesterday and did other stuff indoors today instead.

We had visitors in the afternoon and that was nice for DH; to distract his mind and keep him in a more positive frame of mind -- and of course, that helps me too. :D EAting was great today as well; we had baked fish and I had some corn and salad with mine.

I may make some kind of turkey tomorrow if I can thaw one out by then; if not, it will be on Monday, which is our THANKSGIVING holiday here. Gee, that just reminded me of something I have to do ... ;)

Hope you all have a super OP Sunday tomorrow ... :cheer2:

sluggerbean
10-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Morning everyone!! Things are going well with nursing school, but our washer went out yesterday! :( Today is usually my laundry day, but I have enough clothes to get me through until we get it fixed. Just didn't need that financial headache on top of everything else. :cry:

On a better note, it is cloudy and cool here with a nice north-northeast wind. The hummingbirds are really hitting our feeders and it is nice to sit on the porch and just watch them. :goodvibes

Have a great week!! :wave:

Pink Hurricane
10-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Just a quick one today. Currently watching the race and Jr is not doing all that great even though he was leading earlier! I've been OP all weekend and have exercised, hoping to see a good loss for my weigh in tomorrow morning! Making some chicken alfredo tonight so I'm about to start cooking in a little while. Hope everyone has had a nice weekend!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-07-2012, 09:42 PM
ENJOYLIFE ~ I was able to thaw the turkey as it was only 8 lbs, so we had a nice turkey dinner tonight; with piles of leftovers for tomorrow and more. Will put some in the freezer for sandwiches and soup too.

The weather was very cold :brr: today; so I only went for a very short walk today as it was too windy and cold. As soon as i stepped off the porch, I was plummeted with mini-hail -- yuck. I am gonna have to get the winter clothes, hats, mitts, and boots out for this weather if I plan to get any good walking in this week, I guess.

Hope you all are having a great OP weekend ... :D

patchworkpenguin
10-08-2012, 11:34 AM
yesterday, Hubby and I were invited to a BBQ down by the river and took April. She made friends with two little girls who were the daughters of our host. Its gotten cool, the high today is 65*, last week it was 90*! I got Hubby to get my winter clothes down from the attic, so I will start to switch those out. I haven't knit much the past month but started a green cardigan this weekend.

slicedbreadbox
10-08-2012, 04:36 PM
had a rough week last week. i wanted to come and post on the boards but i barely had a minute to myself.

i'm looking for a new job so i was running around to all these interviews. thankfully, i'm getting interviews i suppose. however my old job expects me to complete all these tasks...which is frustrating sometimes.

my bf and i are also in the process of apt hunting. i think we have finally settled on a place (thank goodness) but man, thinking about rent and security deposits when my job situation isn't stable is also daunting.

i'm beginning a "cleanse" today though. it'll just be from today-friday. i'm hoping it'll sort of re set my system since my stomach hasn't been great lately. i'm going home this weekend though so hopefully i don't go crazy after only being able to eat fruit for a week...

hope everyone is doing well and OP!

patchworkpenguin
10-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Enjoyn, I found the recipe online! http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/beef/mini-cheese-stuffed-meatloaves.html Our mix was really soggy so we added more oatmeal

angelskeep
10-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Just checking in quick. Crazy busy around here. I am on plan still. Yaaay!

hope everyone is doing well...new washers, housekeeping, going for a picnic and digging out the winter undies ;-)

Barb

Pink Hurricane
10-09-2012, 02:26 PM
This week has been super busy so far! It is also pretty cold here for the past couple of days, which is nice for a change but then I realized I don't have any jeans that fit!!! All of my 18s I tossed out a while ago, and my 12s are definitely too small :( but that gave me more motivation for losing weight and getting healthy again. So I have to buy two pairs of jeans soon, I'm guessing I'm closer to fitting in 16s (I have a pair of capris and two pairs of shorts that size that fit) and it would be awesome to be at 14!

Lost 3.4 lbs this week, I am pretty happy about it, I'm just ready to be out of the 220s for good!

slicedbreadbox
10-09-2012, 04:14 PM
enjoynlife thank you! i just have to be patient. the apt is slowly getting squared away so at least that will be one thing off the list...

pinkhurricane congrats on the loss!! that is awesome!!

cleanse day one was sort of a fail unfortunately. ended up at chipotle for dinner. but amazingly i'm down 2.4lbs since yesterday. hopefully the downward trend will continue...

patchworkpenguin
10-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Hubby had to go out of town again this week. I spent the morning doing laundry, baking cookies for tomorrow {Oatmeal Pumpkin spice}, and knitting. Its warming up for the weekend but then it will rain.

Pink, great job!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-09-2012, 04:17 PM
ENJOYLIFE ~ it has been steady around 0C or 32+ F; mostly in the 30's and 40's this week during the day, but down as low as the mid-high 20's F over the last week and weekend. We had some lovely :sunny: for the afternoon yesterday which was nice for our Thanksgiving Day.

I was able to go for a nice long walk last night! I kept thinking about you saying to -- PUSH HARD, so I did and went on a double walk. I felt stiff starting out, but then got encouraged by some lovely NORTHERN LIGHTS in the sky just above me. :D

Eating has been great; and I did my Thanksgiving Weigh-in and lost 4 lbs, which for only 6 weeks was pretty good for slow-poke me :snail:. My next mini-goal is for Christmas Day and that's over 10 weeks away, so I hope to do a bit better.

Have a wonderful OP week everyone ... :cheer2:

sluggerbean
10-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Washer fixed!! :yay: Inexpensive too. Thank you, Lord!!

My nursing class had a pot luck today and I did indulge. :o I am still really full, so no dinner tonight. I just had a little scoop of everything and did my best to track it. I went over on calories, but I did a nice 3-mile walk in 41 minutes when I got home! :D

Laters! :wave:

angelskeep
10-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Howdy to everyone. Still crazy here, still on plan. Too far bhind to get cautht up with any replies, but took a few minutes to read all the posts. I am on plan still since last Thursday's do-over. Hope the scale will be kind when I weigh this Thursday Sounds like everyone is getting ready for all the cooler weather and eating/exercising.

Glad for fixed washing machines, jealous of Northern lights, wishing I could fit into size 16-I have prolly 10-12 more pounds to lose to even be close. Funny how we are all built so differently and different wieghts work differently on each of us.

Gotta go nuke some apll pie-less for dessert. Just chunked apples w/o the cores, some borwn sugar splenda stuff, pie spice, nuke til soft and add 2 TB ff 1/2 & 1/2.

Barb

LoseToAll
10-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Angel with the apple pie. So you put in a tin? Can you serve it like pie or is it served in bowl?

Enjoyn. Do you have a problem with the low rider jeans? They seem to always feel like they will fall down. I wish they made them at the waist still. I know they are mom jeans but I always have a shirt over them to hide my belly so it will not show. I never tuck in my shirts. Does anyone know where I can still buy them?

My days have been the same. Every day a struggle with eating. I just am such an emotional eater. I am only going to 1500 calories a day but for me to lose it has to be 1200 or so. I am doing great then something snaps and I eat that 300 extra calories without thinking. I am not gaining weight so far but who knows if that will last.

Went to cub scouts with my son yesterday and did the artist requirement for the group. It was nice to be in front of kids again. I miss teaching sometimes but do not miss the stress or the politics of teaching. I do miss the kids alot.

Have a great OP day. Funky

ubergirl
10-11-2012, 02:15 PM
hi all, uber here. I've been completely off track, but promised myself I'd at least come back and remind myself about what I'm doing. ...

I'm making a lot of progress in other areas of my life-- organizing, cleaning, and getting stuff done. I think I'll soon be in a mental state where I'm ready to start again.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Well, my eating has been really good this week despite dealing with a lot of Alzheimer stress. Been a bit low on calories, so will have a small snack to bring it up a bit. I made a point of going out for a walk each day to get some fresh air and exercise; today I went over a full block, but really felt that in my legs and butt -- may be a bit far for me yet, so I will stick to one whole block until it feels easier.

I'm still happy about walking each day though, as I'm trying to take advantage of the dry cool weather. The wind wasn't too bad today. I dressed a bit warmer and that helped a lot too (a fleece vest under my coat and mittens). Tomorrow, I will get some walking as we have appt to go to and errands as well.

Hope you all are having a good week; just do your best ladies ... :hug:

angelskeep
10-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Funky-the apple pieless-I just nuke it in a bowl. Cut up apples, skins and all, add pie spice to taste or just cinnamon if that's all you have, and splenda brown sugar stuff-2 tbl for about 2 apples. About 4-6 minutes on high in the microwave depending on how soft you prefer the apples. Then add a couple of tablespoons of f/f 1/2 and 1/2. That's one serving, pretty big portion, but pretty low cal. No crust=="pieless" I usually make a bowl for me and one for Robert. It works with pears and peaches and pluots too. Was thinking of trying it with bananas but they might turn to moosh.

Howdy Uber. Just don't stay away too long and you'll be okay. You'll get back on track. I have faith in you.

Want 2Be-Isn't it nice to walk outside when the weather is cool and the air is crips. Always makes me feel better to get outside. We have a lot of wind here most of the time, so we just bundle up and ignore it unless it is over 60 mph-anything less than that is just a breeze ;-)

I am on plan and back down to 190 as of my weigh in this morning. I did 6 miles of WATP this evening, so my butt will be aching tomorrow. Yikes. Too stinkin' busy to get outside to walk in the fresh air. One of the things I do to earn my living is make crafts to sell at Christmas bazaars and it is just getting to be the season, so I am up to my ears in Santas, snowmen and gingerbread folks. All tuckered out!

Barb

patchworkpenguin
10-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Morning all. Hubby is back but he's at work today {one of his normal work days, we like Sun & Mon off}. His nice boss called last night to tell us the 'higher ups' want him to go back next week. :( I'm cleaning house today, or I will be as soon as I start, I can only procrastinate for so long. But the temps have warmed up its almost 70 outside.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-13-2012, 09:46 PM
PENGUIN ~ those are nice temps you have down there; a lot better than that terrible heat you had in the summer.

BARB ~ that sounds like fun and a lot of work too. You are a gifted lady and that's great that you can turn that into some $$$ too ...

ANGEL ~ Yes, I had to bundle more this week; put a fleece vest under my hooded coat and wore mittens too, and that helped a lot.

Eating is going well; got lots of stuff done yesterday and some walking in too. Picked up some dinner and a few groceries. Doctor gave us some temporary meds to help manage DH's Alzheimers symptoms; at least he slept through the night last night. :D

Hope you are all having wonderful OP weekend ... :)

angelskeep
10-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Quick check in. On plan and working my butt off---making stuff and walking 3 miles/day and doing the WATP 4 miles a day---

Wishing for a nap.

Barb

Pink Hurricane
10-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Finally back under 225! I feel like that has taken forever but Rome wasn't built in a day. Had a great weekend with my husband and family, went camping in the mountains and it was a lot of fun! I did 32 minutes of running in place this morning, I kept wanting to give up but set my phone alarm for 30 minutes, turned up the music, and just went with it! I'm looking forward to doing Cardio X tomorrow morning, I just hope to get out of the 220s very soon. I'm sick of being stagnant in the 220s. But I know I'll get there!

How was everyone's weekend?

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-15-2012, 05:05 PM
ANGEL & PINK ~ Congrats to you both -- for getting all that exercise in; seeing some movement on the scale too; and having some family fun all at the same time! :D

My weekend was great too; eating went well, got some exercise in. Celebrated my birthday -- my Aunt took me out to lunch (GOD BLESS HER) and we had a nice time (Ate healthy; had center pork chops with one scoop mash & gravy).This made me think of somebody??? Still stayed on plan though ... ;)

The weather is cold, windy, wet, and yucky but we did go out for short time to run errands and picked up lots of veggies for salads. I try to have at least one salad of some kind each day, if I can; I like to vary them a bit too.

Hope everyone else is having an OP week so far ... :cool:

Pink Hurricane
10-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Well Happy late Birthday!! :woo:
That's good that you loaded up on veggies. Hubby and I have to make a trip to the grocery store later this week and I am trying to come up with a few new recipes for us to try at dinner, definitely healthy ones!

I have been staying OP so far this week and did Cardio X for 35 minutes this morning. Sometimes I think back to how upset I am at myself for gaining back some weight but I just have to let that go and focus on my current task, which is losing it and making this a lifestyle. I'm learning from my past mistakes the best I can. :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-16-2012, 10:27 PM
I just have to let that go and focus on my current task, which is losing it and making this a lifestyle. I'm learning from my past mistakes the best I can.

PINK ~ thanks for the BD wishes. I agree with your thoughts ^above^. It is imperative to move on from the mistakes & regrets of the past so that you can focus on today and move forward. What kind of meals do you and your DH like? If you can find a good handful of "GO TO" recipes that aren't too hard to make, that could go a long way in helping you to stick to your plan.

I made a long list of our favorite meals/dishes, then made them as healthy as I could without forfeiting the taste or quality. I use this list to make up my weekly menus, and I make sure to have the stuff on hand to make them. I have a few healthy frozen entrees and some meats that can be cooked quickly in the freezer for emergencies so I don't turn to take-out when stuck.

Had very good day; eating went well and we got lots of activity in. It was so nice and :sunny: for a change so I wanted to take advantage of that. We cleaned out the front gardens today (that took a while -- did some before lunch and some after), and after dinner, I went out for a good walk. I thought I would be too tired, but I made it. I had to push myself on the last 1/4 but I'm glad I did it.

I just hope that I didn't overdo it; I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Yesterday's walk was very difficult -- I had to stop and rest a lot, but tonight I felt much better and did the same distance in less time. I changed the direction, so I am wondering if that had something to do with it. I'll try that again, and see what happens.

Hope everyone is having a nice OP week ... :D

Beverlyjoy
10-17-2012, 12:09 AM
I met with a Registered Dietician today. I think she was helpful. The first thing she asked was for me to tell my food story/history to her - which I did. (really long and winding road...as we all have had.)

I said I was feeling like I could never get this food stuff under control.She said that it's never too late and never impossible.

She wants me to eat 1400-1500 calories a day. NO less than 1200. That sounds OK. She said I wasn't eating enough fruit - whole grains. She said I should only lose 1/2 to 1 pound a week. Doesn't sound like enough to me. But.. I just need to get back on track with healthy food.

She helped me arrange my daily food choices in a healthier way. Her thinking was that I was not eating enough food during the day... especially at breakfast. Her thought is a bigger breakfast sets a person up for a good food day. Eating my small breakfasts is setting myself up for being anxious (and hungry) about when to eat and what to eat... also, maybe one reason I was overeating in the evening. Her theory is to eat every few hours. Healthy proteins, healthy carbs, healthy dairy etc. and lots of veggies. We decided that I am very knowledgable about healthy foods and could probably teach a class in nutrition. This is probably true. But, I just can't live in a sane manner with food very it easily.

She thought that my exchange way of keeping track of foods was a good idea. She changed a few things about how amounts are counted.

I told her that it's been 50 of my 60 years I've had to deal with an unhealthy realationship with food. I am weary of dealing with it all. Then, she said one thing that really made me stop and think. That obesity is a disease. ( like diabetes, gallstones, chrones disease, chronic headaches, a bad rash etc) True, obesity is a diagnosis. One of the cures/medicines/healing parts of obesity is food. The right food will help to cure the obesity - and all the problems that go with it. (unhealthy labwork, difficulty exericising, etc) That eating healthfully is just like a regimen that a person with a different diagnosis would have to do to get well. She said.. that if a person breaks their arm there are certain things to be done to get better. It's the same as obesity. Of course, I know that - but, never looked at it quite from that perspective.

She was intrigued with Dr. Beck's Diet Solution book and how it helps give a person a real structured way to get through the hard/challenging times with food. She had heard of it now wants to check it out. It's always been helpful to me when I have been willing to use it. Lately, not at all.

I came home with lots of information and a food diary to keep. I kind of do keep track now, anyway - when I am on track. I'll go back and see her in a month.

I was hoping for a 'magic wand' - but, of course, that's in one of my fairytales. She's not a psychologist and can only help set up my food in a healthy way for me to eat during the day.

I think what she suggests is a little bit of a different approach with food.. so I'll move forward and plan my food for a healthy day.

She said I could make a list of reasons... a long list or short list of reasons why I need to eat my healthfully. After each reason... she said to ask myself 'why' - to extend that thinking, if possible. She said it's OK to have 2 reasons or 102 reasons - whatever feels right.

She is very glad I have friends and sites on the internet to get support. Support is essential and helpful. But, we know that, don't we?!

dgramie
10-17-2012, 07:47 AM
bev- thanks for sharing! I think this may be helpful to all of us.

well I am writing down everything I eat and staying between 1200( drs limit) and 1500 ( my limit). LOL
IM hoping today is as smooth as yesterday! I have my meals planned so it should be!

VickieLou
10-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I got back up to 253.2 in March and time to get back to some serious weight loss. I don't want to get back to my highest weight of 262.5. I have been making some progress lately. Good Luck, Everyone!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-17-2012, 05:29 PM
:welcome: back, VICKI ~ good for you for seeing the need to work on this now; you can do it ... :hug:

dGramie ~ I think planning is so important as is tracking so you can see what you are eating, how much, and where you can make some improvements too.

BEVERLYJOY ~ many others here find a dietician's advice very helpful ... :)

Well, although I was a bit tired this AM (but that was from DH waking me up early), I felt pretty good considering all I did yesterday. Today is a light day for me anyways -- I do the bathroom on Weds, plus other light daily chores. Went for my walk in the afternoon today -- it was milder at that time (in the low 50's F); and the :sunny: even peaked out for a short while.

Hope you are all having a good OP week out there friends ... :D

Beverlyjoy
10-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi... well, yesterday was a healthy day. I am so grateful. I planned my day carefully according to the way the dietician recommended. (this is good!) It seemed strange to eat that much food for breakfast. But, she was right - it did keep me from wanting to 'graze' afterwords.

Yesterday my main credits were: planning/measuring/logging, weighing, more water, stretches & strengthening & going to the store for healthful foods. I think it's a good first day back on to eating healthfully.

I am glad to have posted these last couple days. I don't know why, but it's hard for me to post when I am struggling. At that point I seem to be in my own little food world. I did read here often during the past 10 days or so - but I didn't post. I appreciate that when I do start posting again, folks just let me jump right back into it - while you all show support and understanding.

And, as always, I write down my daily gratitudes at the 100lb site here at 3fc. That way I always keep in toe in the water and stay connected to 3fc no matter what I am eating. Grateful for the willingness.

Have a great day

vickielou - so glad you posted.
justwant2bhealthy - glad you got your walk in yesterday
dgramie - credit for writing down your plan... I find that helpful too.

VickieLou
10-18-2012, 01:11 PM
I had a good day yesterday. Weekends is usually when I have problems with eating to much. I just need to plan better and ahead of time.

Beverlyjoy sounds like you had a Great day yesterday. Thanks for all the information the dietician told you. Thanks for the encouragment. I need to post more often.

Justwant2behealthy Thanks for the welcome back.

dGramie I need to start planning and write everything down too.

Good Luck, Everyone!

angelskeep
10-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Just popping in to say howdy again quickly. I went out for Chinese buffet on Tuesday, which wasn't really on plan, but I am proud of myself becuause I had only one plate full, plus 2 cups of soup and for dessert....honeydew melon and only 1 almond cookie. I used to have no soup, no fruit, 3 platwes full of mostly fried stuff and then those fried donuts and honey crisy wonton skins and chocolate cake and cake roll with strawberry syrup I stole from the strawbery syrup and banana tray. I think I did splendidly with my smaller portion in the "real" world.

Today was weigh day for me and I am down to 187. Yaaay! All those walks and WATP miles are paying off. And for anyone who needs encouragement....if I can do it so can you!!!!

We are off to a town an hour away tomorrow for the weekend for a craft show and some serious hiking at the Bighorn National Recreation Area. I never used to like to hike until Kaplods got me interested in geocaching and then eventually I did the hikes without the treasure hunt. I can't believe it took me so many years of my life to enjoy being outside. BICA (the area we'll be in) is adjacent to the Pryor Mountain Wild Horse Preserve, so we usually get to see the mustangs somewhere along the way. When we hike Sunday, we'll go on the horse paths instead of on the regular hiking trails, and have a picnic lunch of apples and sammiches in a little cave-ish overhang thingy if we can find it again. I SOOOOO need some time for R&R, even if it IS exercising!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Barb

dgramie
10-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Weigh is down 1lb this week. I am happy with that because Tom is here and I normally have a gain. woohoo!
I notice as I lose this time my skin is saggier. Oh well guess age is catching up with my. I will be 49 next year.

VickieLou
10-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Barb that hike sounds fun, especially the part about seeing wild mustangs!

I weighed in at 237.8 today! :carrot: That's the first time I was back in the 230's this year. I was in the 250's and 240's all the rest of the year so far. Good Luck, Everyone!

:haphal:

Beverlyjoy
10-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Last night my hardrive crashed. Big phooey. Dh took it too Best Buy and they will fix it - probably replace it. I am grateful that I didn't overeat in reaction. I can use dh's computer on a limited basis... it's his computer for work.

Yesterday was a good and healthy day. I completed many of the Beck tasks. I am grateful. I read parts of the books and worked on my healthy living tasks. I also did my journalling of Beck Tasks as well as planning/measuring/logging. Quite a few credits.

Dh is mad at me because I tossed his popsycles in the trash. Oh dear. Usually he accepts it. I think he likes it better when I am overeating... then I don't get rid of his goodies.

I will try and check in tomorrow., (Darn computer!)

Have a great weekend.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-20-2012, 12:47 AM
:wave: Just checkin' in on this Friday night ... eating went well this week. Got walks in every day despite bad weather on a few days. Friends came by for a visit today. Had home pizza for dinner and still stayed on plan. Hope all of you have a wonderful OP weekend ... :D

sluggerbean
10-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Morning everyone!! Just popping in quickly to say that everything has been going well this week. I have a paper due on Monday in my basic nursing skills class, but I can do the research and write it this afternoon and tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I hope everyone has a fantastic week. Laters! :wave:

dgramie
10-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Saturday eating was great for a weekend! Now if I can just repeat it today!

Beverlyjoy
10-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi relosers - four healthy days... I am so, so grateful. The dietician said weighing daily has been proven to help people lose weight and keep it off. This is very hard for me. It's my food/eating disordered mind wants that number to go down everyday. I know with time I should be able to just look at that number as information as time goes on. I hope that really does happen. I'll try it again. I'll end doing what's comfortable

We had fun yesterday. We watched college footdball in the neighbor's garage while all the kids played outside in the front yard riding bikes, scooters, playing basket ball, soccer etc. The children would go in the house and play in between. I didn't know this was going to happen. However, I had made a huge pot of healthy chilli - we brought that, carrots, apples, crackers. I had planned to make myself a taco salad (lettuce, litte bit of cheese, chilli, low fat sour cream. broken up taco shell) I was willing to bring my taco salad while everyone ate a bowl of hot chilli. I didn't eat any unplanned food. There was a huge spread of yummy looking unhealthy food. I snacked on apples. I am so grateful for the willingness.

Yesterday I planned & logged all the food I ate, had lots of water, did my stretches & strengthening exercises, read over my list of 'why and the advantages of my losing this weight etc. Always grateful for the willingness.

I am planning my day in the manner the dietician suggested. It seems to be helpful to have a bigger breakfast that I am used to having.

I hope you are all having a good weekend. As always, am grateful for your support.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-21-2012, 08:54 PM
PEGGY ~ good luck!!! ;)

dGramie ~ hope you had 2 good days in a row!

BEVERLYJOY ~ that was a great idea to bring the healthy chili et al to the football party; and glad it all helped you to keep on plan too!

Had a good weekend here; food was good; and got in my walking even though the weather was colder and chilly. Friday & Saturday, I felt very good; I was a bit stiff today but I pushed myself to finish the whole block anyways. I did it ... excuse me, while I cheer myself! :cheer2:

Hope you all have a great OP week coming up! :D

Pink Hurricane
10-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Hey everybody! It's been a very busy past few days so I'm just stopping in real quick to update. It's TOM for me so I didn't lose any weight this week, super annoying but oh well. I feel so stagnant right now so I know it's time for a change!

On the plus side, my husband ordered Insanity for us so hopefully that will kickstart my weight loss again! Also going to try some of the 30 Day Shred too!

Beverlyjoy
10-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Quick hello - I am doing well. I've had five really healthy days. I am very much trying to get back into the routine of healthful eating. It takes alot of energy to not eat!

My computer is being fixed and I may not have computer access for a few days... maybe I'll go to the library, if I have a chance.

Have a good week everyone. Remember to treat yourself as kindly as you would a good friend.

Judy Lynn
10-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Well, I have been absent from this site for a while, the reason being I have been doing horrible. Just an all-out bingefest. But, I am trying to get back on track now, and I re-joined Weight Watchers on Saturday. I had been resisting WW because of the money, and because I have done it on my own before, but since that wasn't working I decided that the money was worth it, and I needed the help.

Beverly, I am very interested in what you had to say about the dietician and breakfast. What are you eating now for breakfast, if you don't mind me asking? I am not much of a breakfast eater, but maybe I should be.

Have a good week everyone. Remember to treat yourself as kindly as you would a good friend.

That is great, and so true!

Well, I'm glad to be back. Congrats to everyone that is hanging in there and doing well.

Beverlyjoy
10-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi Judylyn - my dietician is a big proponent of breakfast - she has me eating:
1 protein exchange
2 starch exchanges (dairy, grain or fruit)
1 fat exchange
any veggies I want

Actually, that has really helped me to not be hungry later on. I was eating lighter for breakfast and lunch and eating most of my food later in the day. I has made a difference to me. I was eating light toast with a little pnb and a few egg whites and other skimpy breakfasts. Her plan isn't 'written in stone' as they say. I can mix and match for the day my exchanges when necessary. I've decided to do what she has suggested with my daily plan as best I can until I see her in November.

It's been helpful to me because I was floundering and sinking fast with my food. It's given me a new focus. I am grateful.

I've always read that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. LOL Many folks say it's true.

I take a medication, synthroid, who's absorbtion is effected by calcuim, iron and fiber. So that has a big effect on my choices too. Keeping that in mind, my breakfasts:

-turkey sausage, whole grain toast with smartbalance margerine, half large apple
- veggie omlette, whole grain toast, banana
- pnb toast, apple
- open face chicken sandwich with lite mayo, 1/2 apple
- egg whites, ketchup, 2 lite bread peices of toast, margerine, 1/2 large apple.

I LOVE honeycrisp apples. I've been eating some every day.

All I know is that it has actually been helpful to me, so far, to eat a bigger breakfast.

:)

angelskeep
10-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Waving a quick howdy to everyone. Sounds like we are all staing on track. Yaaay us. I had a busy craft show weekend out of town, but I'm proud of myself that I took my food with me, and stayed pretty much on plan except for a peanut butter bar purchased while on an hour and 1/2 walk around the small town. Yesterday we did that awesome hike I mentioned before. Four hours up and down the hills. We were super lucky b/c Robert saw some of the wild horses off in the distance, so we walked to where they were. We found another small family group of 4 on the way---they suprised us and we them and all our eyes got big! We sat on the side of a hill and watched both of the horse families whiule we had our lunch. I have pictures and will see about posting some of them soon-ish. They are stillk on the camera and I'm just recuperating and starting to get ready for the next show in 2 weeks. Have a whole chicken roasting in the oven for dinner. And hamburgerless helper as a side dish. We have several boxes in the pantry that need to be eaten, so I try and fit them in occasionally. A good big salad for me and canned veg for Robert. No biscuits and honey dang it!

Here's to a great on plan week for us all. Stay strong and keep up the good work!

Barb

ETA-BeverlyJoy, can you explain to me the concept of an "exchange"? I've seen the term before, but not really sure how it works.

Beverlyjoy
10-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Angelskeep - Food exchanges are how the American Dietetic Association and the American Diabetic Association provide their food plans.

The exchange system breaks down foods into food groups and portions. Each exchange portion has similar carbohydrate, fat and protein content. You can exchange one food for another food in the same group and it will have the same effect on your blood glucose level. (and/or calories for a weight loss diet)

Basic done in food groups
protein/meats/meat substitutes
dairy
veggies
starches and starchy vegetables (bread, grain, potatos, corn, etc)
fruit
fats
'extras'

I have a guideline, from my dietician, of how many exchanges of each group I can eat during the day.

This is the exchange list from one website. Actually, the exchange list my dietician gave me has more options.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/lose_wt/fd_exch.htm

This should kind of explain it. It's like Richard Simmons Food Mover Exchange plan. If you are familiar to it.

I am not diabetic, so I can eat more carbs at one time than a diabetic person. I've done exchanges before. I have always loved it as a way to approach healthy eating.
(when I am willing to do it, of course ;))

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-22-2012, 10:16 PM
BEVERLYJOY ~ I am also doing a calorie-portion plan as you know; and I started with the exchange plan in the beginning to make sure I had the portions/servings down right. I just know them so well now, that I just call it portions. GLad that it is helping you have more success this week.

:welcome: back, JUDY-LYNN ~ glad you decided to come back and join us here ...

PINK ~ hope those Sanity and Shred programs help give you a boost. Hang in there, and keep going ... :)

WE had a nice day with some :sunny: for a while too. Went to the doctors and he wants to run some tests on my abdomen; hope it's nothing serious. Eating went well, but ended up passing on my extra walk as we got home so late. Will do a bit more tomorrow instead to make up for that.

Have a great OP day tomorrow, everyone ... :carrot:

LoseToAll
10-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Hello all. I have been MIA for a week due to being out of town. We went to Idaho Falls to see the King Tut exhibit. Got there and it was mostly replicates because it would cost too much on security and such. It was cool to see it and we did see jewlery and such that was real. We stayed in a Best Western that had a swimming pool and the kids loved it. We also walked around the Falls and saw the amazing Temple there. It was fun but I totally went off diet. I am only up a pound though which is good. I did avoid the ice cream store visit by staying in the hotel and reading while my husband took the kids. We had a great time.

Back on track- mostly. Had some banana bread with chocolate chips this morning. Had to make it because the bananas ripened up while we were gone. Chocolate is my downfall. I pretty much can eat anything covered in chocolate.

The weather is rainy today. It has been a while since we have had rain so it really feels like Fall. We may get snow tomorrow. That would be fun for the kids.

Well I hope you are all well. Funky

time2lose
10-23-2012, 02:36 PM
:wave: Hi everyone,

I hope ya'll don't mind if I jump in. I was on this thread when it first started but backed away. Trying to get back on track after losing and then regaining has been difficult but I think that I am back in the groove. I am harder on myself than anyone else could be. I felt like I had to prove to myself that I could get back on track before contributing to this thread. Crazy, I know but......

I have lost 11 of the 40 pounds that I regained and have been refining my plan. The odd thing is that what worked when I originally lost 100 pounds did not work this time around. I had to start at a higher calorie range and work my way back down. I am paying more attention to my carb level this time and experimenting with that.

Beverlyjoy - Glad to hear that you are doing well. I always identify with you. I think that we have alot in common.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-23-2012, 09:37 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ just checkin' in tonight. Eating went well -- it was nice and :sunny: for a while so I got my walk in during that time. Fasting for tests tomorrow am; no snacking tonight, just water.

Wecome back, CHERYL ~ glad that you feel that you have found your groove again; and congrats on relosing that 11 lbs too ... :cheer3:

FUNKY ~ glad you and your family had a nice vacation. Ahhh, chocolate -- I love it too. I try to stick to some real dark chocolate at Christmas and low-cal hot cocoa the rest of the time. You get snow early in Utah; didn't realize it was so similar to our weather. We had a light sprinkle mid-month that melted as soon as it hit the ground and we've had nothing more since.

Hope everyone out there is still hanging in there -- you don't have to be perfect to participate in this thread. We are here to support each other --during the peaks and valleys too .... ;)

angelskeep
10-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Howdy everyone!

Funky-have you considered broccoli? Maybe that's what I need to do to like it...cover in chocolate. Or not! And I just noticed we are neighbors sort of. I'm in WY. In the summer, Idaho Falls is just the other side of Yellowstone. In the winter, it's like really really far.

BeverlyJoy-thanks for explaining. I knd of thought that's how it might be, but wasn't too sure.

W/B Cheryl-I think I remember you from before. Congrats on your choice to get back on board.

Gosh, stupid me stepped on the scales yesterday morning (weigh day isn't until Thursday) and it was up a pound or maybe even 2. It's not digital, so I have to try and count the ticks. I'm crossing my fingers that it is just fluid retention in my muscles from that big hike Sunday, plus maybe the total of 10 1/2 miles (YIKES!!!) that I did yesterday between an hour and 1/2 outside walking and another 6 miles of WATP. I only did an hour walk today outside and only 2 miles, so 1/2 what I did yesterday. I try to eat back most of the calories I use for exercise, but I'm not at that 1200 that MFP says I should be at. I always under-eat or over-exercise by about 200 calories a day. My pants are getting looser in that muscle on the top outside of the leg, just above the knee. And losing size again on the outside of the hip just below the waist. As usual...I think the middle is staying the same. I think my stomach is always the last thing to show any change, that and my face. I lost 50 lbs. before anyoje even noticed. I keep wondering if I am exercising too much. But I really like getting outside and even the WATP is good for my mental health. I haven't been back at this very long, so I'll see in a few more weeks what to adjust.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. I am trying to stay awake and get some more work done, but the sandman is winning.

Barb

baker23
10-24-2012, 04:02 AM
I think I need to join this thread :)

I hit my goal of 180 in april of this year. By july, after spending the begainning of summer indulging in icecream, and more sweets then I care to remember, I hit 190 again, and maintained that until now. I'm currently back at 187-188 hoping to hit 180 again soon. I never stopped excerising, so hoping these few pounds won't be to difficult to get off...

Cheryl- Congrats on losing that 11 pounds. Sounds like your hitting your stride again. Keep up the amazing work :)

Barb- Sounds like you had a busy and exciting weekend. And my stomache is always the last to go as well...I think the last 10 pounds I lost before I regained, came solely from that area

Pink Hurricane
10-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Welcome baker!!! The great thing about what you are doing is that you stopped yourself from going down the slippery slope and gaining a lot more weight. So kudos to you for being back on track!

I gained 45 pounds back of what I had lost (90 lbs). I was only 10 lbs from my goal and it slipped through my fingers slowly but surely. However I have learned from the past and now know what my triggers are and I am working my butt off to get back to where I was and reach my goal finally!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Welcome back, BAKER ~ I agree that it is fantastic that you are working to get that 10 lbs back off before it became even more. To me, that in itself, is a great NSV! 10 lbs won't take too long ... :)

BARB ~ yes, exercise can cause you to gain a little or even maintain; but in a short time, you will know for sure. 2 lbs is almost always temporary water-weight gain.:D

Had a good day despite that fact that the weather was terrible: cold, wet, windy, and chilly -- but I still pushed myself to walk today. I was as slow as a :snail: though, but I did finish it. Eating was good too.

Hope you all have a terrific OP Thursday ... :flow2:

LoseToAll
10-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Angelskeep. Chocolate covered broccoli sounds terrible. Good thing I like broccoli and chocolate is not needed. Cody Wy is a cool place, nice to know someone so close.

I went for curry chicken yesterday and I loved it. Counted calories and didn't go very far over in calories. Skipped the family ice cream and had a diet coke instead, good for me. Almost down to 222 after my week off. I have got to start exercising, I just hate it so much. Snowing today and satellite is down so no news today. Maybe will read a book for a little while between house work. Usually like the tv on in the background. Keeps me company.

Well have a great OP day. Funky

angelskeep
10-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Welcome baker! And thanks for the midsection encouragement!

*WAVING* Howdy to Pink!

Want2Be-The scales was indeed kind today. I think my muscles were just retaining fluid from the extra hiking. Yaay! Cold and windy here today, just started to snow. Thankfully we just got back from our hour walking outside. And congrats to you on getting yourself up and out despite the weather. Slow is fine...especially compared to looking out the window at the weather for an hour and doing nothing ;-)

Funky-Curry sounds delish! And good for you to skip the ice cream. But no tv? EEK! Actually, this time of year I don't watch tv much, just listen to Christmas music while I make crafts. We have this weekend off, then Big Timber MT next weekend.

Everyone-Stay on track and happy trails! I'm off to finish painting Santa Claus and snowman bobbins. Gotta sew some hats for 'em to wear.

Barb

time2lose
10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Just have to echo, chocolate covered broccoli does sound terrible. :)

angelskeep, it is great that you are starting with Christmas crafts. I want to make photo albums for my children and really need to get started.

ryaro05
10-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi All, I've just joined the community and this thread really caught my attention. Over the last 10 years, I have gained and lost 4 times. Yesterday was my epiphany to pull up my big girl pants and work to get the weight off yet another time! 2nd day in and watching my caloric and fat intake and working to keep up the willpower!

Beverlyjoy
10-25-2012, 09:45 PM
DH is back... and I can use his computer! Hopefully, mine will be fixed soon.

I am so happy that I lost 3 pounds last week. I've been on plan for 8 days. I am in a good rhythm. - I am so grateful for all of these.

We are scheduled to see my son & family (grandkids!) Sunday and stay thru Halloween. I really want to do well and have food sanity. I am scared. There will be so much candy, etc.

I have decided to go and do the cooking while there to be helpful. (If they don't mind... can't think they will.) That way we can have a healthy dinner and I'll have some control.

As soon as I get back home my best friend is coming for a four day visit. I haven't seen her in a long time. Again... it will be somewhat of a challenge.

It sounds like too many challenges....I'll take them a day at a time.

Hi ryaro05..... so glad you posted. Folks here at 3fc are friendly, helpful and supportive.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-25-2012, 11:05 PM
:welcome: RYA ~ yes, this is the thread for you; glad you joined us here. We have all lost and gained (and some of us many times), but we plan on changing all that once and for all.

BEVERYJOY ~ wow, it certainly sounds like you have found your groove again. As for the holidays and guests: good idea to cook and you can still plan on what you have when your friend comes to your place too!

LADIES ~ I love dark chocolate, and I like broccoli -- but just not together! :lol: Food was good today. I have to eat a special diet for five days for a test I am doing: no red meats and some other stuff banned. Would you believe broccoli is one of them? :yes: We took DH to the doctors today to get some new meds; hope they help him.

The weather was really nice out there; what a change a day can make? Then our repair guy came and got two jobs done already -- yeah! So I went out for my walk just after dinner and it was really nice out so I did a nice, long one. The stars were out as was that 2/3rd moon, shining bright!

Hope you all have a fabulously OP Friday tomorrow ... :cheer3:

dgramie
10-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Our weather has been beautiful and so warm and sunny. Today we are cold and rainy, looks like winter is coming. I love fall and hate to see the leaves go. I have enjoyed taking the kids to the playground this week and hate that we cant do that much in the winter months.

I do great eating right and then it flops. Going wedding dress shopping with my baby on sunday so hopefully seeing her in wedding dresses will inspire me to get busy and get the weight off before her wedding in may.

time2lose
10-26-2012, 11:07 AM
BeverlyJoy, congratulations on the 3 pounds!

ryaro05, Welcome!

A funny thing has happened with me. I am finding that I am eager to weigh in the mornings. That is a sure sign that I know that I have been eating correctly. I don't get discouraged when my weight stays the same. I am happy that I am not gaining!

Beverlyjoy
10-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I had another day of being on plan and doing well. I am grateful for that. I changed my ticker down. That felt good after watching it go up beforehand. I am getting a little more into my 'Beck Rhythm' I've been writing down my food plan and logging it.

The neighbor kids' goodie bags are ready since we won't be here on Halloween. We did give the kids some sugar free gum and other halloween thingies. Dh got a candy bar to stick in each bag.

We are going to a Halloween/Football Party tomorrow. I can't decide on my 'costume'. I'll either be The Iron Chef. (apron, chef hat, utencils & an iron). Or Honey Boo Boo(blonde 'wig', honey jar necklace, & lots of band aids on). I"ve never seen the Boo Boo show... however, I don't need to watch her shows to know all about how she is. (why is this child all over the place??) I am bringing veggies and dip. The host is making subs. That should be easy to 'manuver' around that to eat healthy.

Am nervous about leaving for four days.... out of my food comfort zone. However, I did ask my dil if I could do some cooking while I am with them... for the freezer and meals too. She loved the idea.

Have a great day. I'll try to get back later.

baker23
10-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Beverlyjoy- Congrats on the weight loss and ticker change. :) And I'm kinda hoping you'll lean towards being an Iron Chef, but I'm a bit biast since I'm a Pastry Chef...xD

ryaro05- Welcome :)

time2lose- Wanting to weigh seems like a nonscale(on a scale) victory in itself. :)

Yesterday was my dads bday so I did celebrate(Lots of pineapple upside down cake). I'll weigh in a few days and hope theres no damage. Think I stayed within my calorie limit though and even if I didn't, not to worried I'll go off track over one day. Hitting the gym to get a 5 mile run in and job searching after since mine ends on saturday(closing down).. Hope everyone has a fanastic weekend

angelskeep
10-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Howdy everyone. Just finishing up my "breakfast"-first meal of the day and wanted to pop on in. Small NSV for me. I need to do some laundry. I REALLY need to do some laundry. In desparation, I tried omn a pair of jeans in a size 16. Kinda had to shoehorn around the tummy, but there's only a muffin top when I sit down. I have tons of smaller sizes in jeans that I never even wore, so I'm hoping...and just 5 more pounds maybe and these ones will fit pretty darn good. Also, I made it through 2 miles of WATP holding a 2 lb. weight in each hand. I'm pretty wimpy in upper body strength, so that's a big deal for me. I've done probably 95% cardio to lose weight so far and I know I need to do some resistance stuff too, so thinking this will be a gentle way to start.

Cheryl-the Christmas crafts are fun-for a while-but it's one of my ways of earning a living, so it can get pretty stressful some days. I've been working on these same 50-60 pieces all week and it's making me crazy, LOL! I do like my work and wouldn't trade for 'nuthin' though.

Rya-WELCOME!!! Hang here and lose it all. We've a great group of chicks.

BeverlyJoy-lucky you to see the family! And your frined. And you're doing great and congrats on the 3 lbs! Keep your eyes on the prize and you'll be just fine. Your plan to do the cooking is pretty stinkin' slick!

want2B-your evening walk sounds delighful with the stars and all. YAAAAY!

dgramie-you haven't failed as long as you keep trying. Sometimes, as I'm sure you know, it just takes a certain number of days to get really back on track. Just don't give up. Have fun with the wedding dress trying on. It's an amazing experience-even made Robert sniffle when he saw our DD trying on hers.

Cheryl again-LOL! on the no fear lack of scale anxiety. YIPPEE! That's too funny. I always worry on weigh day. And I know I have been eating properly and exercising my fat backside off literally, but I still worry that it will suddenly go back up in the 240's. Makes no sense.

baker-just keep going. Pineapple upside down cake sounds delish. I wonder if there's a hungry girl version. hmmm.....hmmmm.... I may have to go check that out.

Break time is over and I NEED to get these crazy projects finished. At least some of them. I feel like I've accomplished nothing all week. UGH!

Have a great OP weeknd, y'all.
barb

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-26-2012, 11:43 PM
:wave: Just checkin' in ladies ~ had a quiet, but good day -- food was good too. The weather wasn't as good today: very cold & windy with some :sunny: later in the afternoon, so I waited til after dinner to go out for my walk. Turned out to be a good idea becuz by then the winds had died down, the sky cleared, and the stars & moon were visible again.

My lower right back had a bit of strain pain at first, so I stopped and did some stretches on the first 1/3. That helped and I was able to finish the rest at a good, steady clip (for me, that is). It was actually very enjoyable in the end. :D

Hope you all have a wonderful OP weekend coming up -- give it your very best shot, ladies!!! :cheer2:

Judy Lynn
10-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Well ladies, after my first week back on Weight Watchers I am down three pounds! :carrot: Trust me, this is a big deal. Even right up to and including the day before I joined I was on a train wreck. Eating everything in my path, and even going out of my way to find more. Last Friday (a week ago) I went to Tim Horton's drive thru and got two pumpkin muffins and a 10 pack of Tim Bits, then ordered two coffees to make it look like it was for two people, but nope ... it was all for me. That was a new low for me, having to make it look like I was ordering for someone else. I knew I had to turn the train around, and the next day I went back to WW. I feel like I am back on the right track to healthy eating and taking control.

Beverly, good for you for figuring out a plan while at your dil's. We are going to be out of town for much of November, and I need to figure out a plan for that too.

Justwant2be - That's great that you are still walking. We have ice and snow here, so there is no way I am walking outside. We do have a treadmill, however, and I need to start using it.

angelskeep - Congrats on the size 16 jeans! :carrot: I have lots of smaller clothes in my closet too that have been barely worn.

OK, well everyone have a good weekend.

Beverlyjoy
10-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi folks.... yesterday was healthy...I am so grateful. I am happy to say that I wrote down all my food, measured and planned well.

I tried on a new ankle brace yesterday. OUCH... even after only an hour I got lower back pain and spasms. I have not eaten in reaction to the pain. I am grateful for that.

Tonight is a Halloween/Football party. It will be fun to see folks in costume. I am taking a veggie tray. I know I can eat some of the sub sandwich available for dinner. I should be OK. I will eyeball all the food and see what looks like it's within my plan. I will take that and a taste portion of one other thing too. I will eat only when seated. I will have NO seconds. That's my plan anyway.

Judylynn- Congrats on the weightloss!!! Weight Watchers is a great program. Carry on. Going out of town is hard... try to plan ahead. I know if I don't plan I am more likely to eat extra/like crazy.

justwant2bhealthy - I hope your back feels better. Glad you took your walk despite the cold weather.

angel - credit for doing your exercise program with the weights! Awesome. You will be in those jeans even better soon!

baker - it's great you could enjoy the cake & stay within your plan. That's called learning to live with food.

dgrammie - it's good you keep trying! I hope the dress shopping was fun!

pinkhurricane - glad you posted! Now is a good time to get some sanity around food. It will give you a good foundation as we enter the holiday food season.

losetoall - will done on not overeating the chicken curry. Carry on.

timetolose/cheryl - it's a major accomplishment to be able to look at the scale daily. I still struggle with that, too. They say after a while it will just be a habit and use that number merely as information.

Have a great weekend, folks.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-27-2012, 11:52 PM
JUDYLYNN ~ we still have clear dry streets, so we went out for a walk after dinner tonight. We are blessed to have such good weather at this time of year really. Congrats on those 3 lbs -- yes, they are a big deal!!!

BEVERLYJOY ~ you have a good plan in place -- it should help you tonight. My back is much better; it seems to get stiff at the beginning on some nights; usually when it is colder though. When that happens I stop & stretch and rest for a bit, and that helps a lot. I hope yours is feeling better too! :hug:

We had a good day today; food was good. Got my walk in too. Very pleased how that is going for me. Taking advantage of the clear streets. :D

LoseToAll
10-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Down a pound but kind of overdid it on pizza today. I think. Counting calories is hard when you are not sure on the serving size. I have switched to delite veggie pizza and that cuts the calories in half, which is good, I get two big pieces for half the calories.

I am excited to check on the scale some mornings too. It seems to motivate me to do better during the day because I am checking myself in the morning. I have lost and gained the same three pounds for the last month. Frustrating but at least I am not gaining big time. That is a good thing. We are planning a cruise next Oct and I would like to be down 20 pounds but it seems so overwhelming when I look at that amount, especially since I have been struggling so much. I just want to be healthy.

Well, love to all. Funky

Beverlyjoy
10-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi... yesterday was mostly healthy. :)

The Halloween Party was so much fun. Oh my goodness.... what a spread of food. I ate some sub sandwich, veggies, pretzels and an unplanned tootsie roll. That tootsie roll gave me the urges to 'just go ahead and eat what you want thoughts'. Thankfully, I pushed through it. I am grateful I was willing to . However, when I got home I ate an unplanned taco shell. Iwas able to step back and go to bed. I probably had about 200 or 300 hundred extra calories. I won't worry about it. I think I did fine.

I woke up today feeling horrible. A fever, chills, body aches, tired. Therefore our trip to see the grandkids for Halloween is off. :( Phooey. I don't want to give anyone my flu. I am feeling very sad, however.

Well - Best Buy says that my hardrive is toast. HP requires them to send my computer to their service center for them to replace it. I think HP wants to 'autopsy' my hardrive to figure out why it crashed after six months. I am glad it's under warrenty. However.... it will be 10 days to 3 weeks until I get mine back. Eek! This week - I'll check in from the library, I guess. Public Service Announcement: don't forget to back up your work on a regular basis. I had backed my up about five weeks ago and did lose a few things. I asked Best Buy to back it up for me while they had it, and they said they tried & couldn't retreive it. They said they could send it to the HP center and it would cost me between $250 and $1500 to have HP 'find it all'. I've lost a few things. Thank goodness nothing too major. (except for some invoice copies from performances recently.) I can redo them, if necessary.

Well, I will check in soon from the library.

I have a friend coming next weekend. She is a vegetarian...so, I be switching things up a bit.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Judy Lynn
10-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Judylynn- Congrats on the weightloss!!! Weight Watchers is a great program. Carry on. Going out of town is hard... try to plan ahead. I know if I don't plan I am more likely to eat extra/like crazy.

I totally agree! The first trip is to Las Vegas for 5 days. We are staying in the MGM Signature Suites (they have kitchenettes), and we will have a car, so I am going to ask DH to stop at a grocery store so I can pick up a few breakfast items and some sandwich fixins. Then all I have to worry about is dinners. The second trip is to Toronto for the Grey Cup and we are staying at a condo in our son's building that is for guests. I have never seen it, but I would imagine it is just like a regular condo. So, I will get some breakfast/lunch stuff again.

So sorry to hear that you are sick, and that your computer is kaput. :( I back up my bookkeeping for my clients all the time, but all my photos, etc, aren't backed up. You have given us all a reminder to get busy and do it. Hope you feel better soon.

I bought a bunch of veggies yesterday, and today I need to cut them all up and roast them. I love roasted veggies!

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday.

LoseToAll
10-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Judy Lynn I missed it, what is all the traveling for? It sounds like tons of fun but it is hard to stay on plan when you may have to eat out. Thank goodness the restaurants have healthy selections now. Remember when it was just side salads that were healthy, now we have all kinds of salads and low cal meals available.

I have had a change of heart. I am really shy and I have been burned in friendships many times. I am going to try to be more outgoing at church. I do not have any close friends since I quit working but I do have some church acquaintances and maybe if I force myself they can be more. The problem is that there is the cliq and then there is the rest of us and the other us' seem to be friends why can't I too? I am nervous about how I look and I do not want to be burned again but if you can not have faith at church where else can you. I just feel like I am being judged when I talk and I say stupid things sometimes without thinking. I just don't want to be lonely anymore. Well these are my thoughts for the day. Some times I do not feel worthy to have friends and sharing my thoughts is a real problem. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes? I know if I do not put myself out there nothing will come back but I am really shy about being noticed and being rejected. I know this is not healthy thinking and I am working on it. Just my thoughts being put out there into space. Thanks for listening. :-) Funky

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-29-2012, 10:29 PM
I am nervous about how I look ...

FUNKY ~ ^That^ is me too ... my DH keeps telling me -- "Who cares what people think of how you look?" Just go do what you want and ignore everyone else. I know he is right. I am so self-conscious of my belly -- I can't tell you how much. Most of my body is normal size but I have this belly that makes me look like I'm pregnant with triplets. DH and I used to joke about that and I would say that I think I am up to quints ... LOL ;)

Well, as our friend MAGGIE says, it's better to laugh than to cry about things; and that's how I deal with it, but sometimes, I cry about it too. Just not as often as I used to. I think we all feel insecure about some things; for me, it is my belly so I am having to learn how to deal with it as I try to bring it down a bit. I am getting tests for that right now, but if they don't show anything; then I'll just continue on and do my best. That's all any of us can do really ...

So, go ahead and reach out; you may be very surprised to find a new friend or two. No, we cannot please everyone; but one or two is better than none in this life ... so go for it. You sound fine here but if you make a blunder, just apologize and move on ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM
:lol: HEY, I didn't mean to be a thread-killer with my sob story about my belly ... ;) One way or another, I plan on some kind of success with it! I am doing trials right now -- trying different exercises and planning on some other modifications too. It's all experimental on my part, but I have nothing to lose but a cumbersome ediface on the front of my body ... ;)

Sooo, I had a good day today despite the yucky weather. It was cold, with some wet/rainy sleet for most of the day. Even our dear Fido wouldn't stay out in that for more than a minute or two to do his duty. I did stuff iindoors instead -- as in, light housechores and some personal ablutions like my hair and so forth.

Hope you all are having a good OP week ... :D

LoseToAll
10-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Justwant2be. You didn't kill it. People are just busy. Halloween candy and all is here and the holidays are here. I can't wait for turkey. I love Thanksgiving food. I have a terrible cold and can not taste a thing so eating has been easy. I over did it yesterday so cutting down on calories is a very good idea. We did pumpkins today and we have the school party and "truck or treat" tomorrow so it will be busy. Hope to eat good.

The weather here is beautiful. I feel bad for all those on the East coast. Missing all the Halloween stuff. I hope that our weeks weather is not what we will have this winter. We didn't get any snow last year, I hope we get snow. We need the water.

Well, have a great night. Funky

Pink Hurricane
10-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Haha Justwant2be you definitely didn't kill the thread! I am right there with you though, I am very insecure about my midsection area but my husband doesn't mind it at all! That has always been my problem area and whenever I start to gain weight that is the first place I notice it. I hate hate hate it! I just want it to be flatter than it is.

Completed day 3 of the 30 Day Shred this morning. Feeling a little stronger already. I have been hanging in the 220s for so long I'm beyond ready to break through it for good. I gained last week back up to 229, and weighed in this morning at 226.6 so I am hoping to lose a couple more pounds by my official weigh in day so I can be back where I was.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-31-2012, 10:36 PM
PINK ~ thanks for commiserating with me. I feel much better, I really do! It actually helps to have a comrade in torsos, so2speak. Plus, I know that we are not alone in that department either. Hope you break out of the 220's very soon ... :)

FUNKY ~ I knew that I hadn't killed the thread -- it was just suddenly so empty. Hope you had a fun St. Hallow's Eve celebration tonight! ;) Lucky you having such nice weather. Seems like a lot of the US has ***** and storms already too.

We had a :rain: here all day long, but that's better than the other stuff. Had a busy day; sorting through and trying on my winter clothes. Boy, that can be physcially taxing, but I found about 5 pairs of new pants that I can wear this year, so that was nice.

Hope you all have a good OP week even with Halloween, and keeping the damage minimal at least. :D

LoseToAll
11-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I made a new thread "ReGainers ReLosing ~ Getting it off again!" Come join us!