Fitness Videos - October Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Diana3271
09-30-2012, 07:53 AM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

Diana3271
10-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In:
#10 SDX Total Body w/12's
#10 SDX Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Hmm, I totally forgot about those evil side planks w/weights. :D I didn't sweat as much or struggle as much with the Total Body workout as I did previously. Maybe my fitness level has improved since the last time I did these workouts. We'll see how it goes, as this is only my first day. ;) Things can change and get ugly, very quickly. :D

teacher1
10-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Diana- impressive workout

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Teacher Let us know which weight class you take at the gym and your thoughts. I am with you on the dislike of weightlifting. Give me an hour of cardio any day!

TurboLaura
10-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Hello ladies!

Diana - great job! It's nice when you see improvements like that :)
Regarding the Les Mills program there are 2 options. My honey wanted the heavier gloves and extra workouts so we pre-ordered that one. Should get it in Dec. :)

Good job with the elliptical, teacher! Have you been having a good fall?

Hiit 30 tonight. Had planned to do Upper 20, too, but tummy was very sick due to eating 2 brownies and lots of froyo last night. UGH. Why do I do this to myself...

teacher1
10-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Diana- Tomorrow I'm heading to the y for Fierce Class here's the description-
"FIERCE cardio and strength classes push you for results using the best of new interval training ideas, functional resistance and core exercises. This class is easy to follow, yet intense!"
It's a new class that was added in Sept. I'll have to see how I handle the class.

Laura- Fall has started great. Sept was super busy and Oct. I'm trying to focus on increasing my workouts and focus more on my eating. Trying to see some movement on the scale! How's school going?

today- back to the y :) 60 cycling

Diana3271
10-02-2012, 07:53 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 55 EZ
#10 SDX Bonus Buns w/12's

I woke up a little sore this morning from using weights yesterday and my new rotation. Things got interesting as the day went on. I noticed my DOMS have gotten worse throughout the day.

Laura I will probably purchase the basic set. I'm not sure when I will order. I don't want it to arrive while I am out of town. I hope they come out with more information about when it will be delivered.

Teacher Good luck with your class tomorrow. Why do they have to call the class "Fierce"? They try to scare you off before you even get there. ;)

teacher1
10-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Diana- I made it through the class. The name is very appropriate because it was FIERCE :o My goal is always to make it through the whole class and I did it :carrot: It's a tabata class so it's like the HITT workouts where you do intense work and then rest. It was a good mixture of strength moves and cardio. The only equipment needed was a weighted bar. It kind of had a boot camp feel to it. I tripped on the bar in the beginning of class and twisted my ankle a little. I'm so clumsy. Now I'm very sore and I'm sure tomorrow I'll need to rest. But I felt very strong after. I'm planning on going back next Wed. Maybe if I keep going I'll see some improvement since I had to do the modified moves. :D

Laura- :wave:

today- YMCA Fierce class & walk with dogs

TurboLaura
10-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Hellllooo!!!!!

School has been great so far, thanks for asking! Very busy with lots of needy kiddoes but that's just the way it is!!

Teacher - AWESOME sounding class! Way to go for making it through! Hope that your ankle feels better.

Diana - I believe it's coming out in December. If I hear specifics I will let you know!!!!

Fire 60 and Abs 10 tonight!

Diana3271
10-03-2012, 09:31 PM

Check-In:
#10 SDX Lower Body w/12's
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Cardio/Boxing Premix w/weighted gloves)

This morning I woke up with the upper body feeling better, but the hamstring/glute DOMS were worse. Now to the bad part. :eek: I was concerned because the Lower Body workout was scheduled for today. :D I had more of a sweat going on today than I did on Monday. That lower body workout has always been killer. We will see if I need assistance getting out of bed tomorrow. For some reason, my glutes/hamstrings are not sore right now. (they are probably in shock! :D) Anyways, I was trying to compare the intensity of #10 SDX to Insanity. I think #10SDX is a notch easier than Insanity, but not by a lot. It's not like one is beginner and one is advanced. They are very similar in intensity levels.

Teacher Awesome job on the weight class! :carrot: I knew you could do it!

Laura Look at you with that longer cardio! I am looking forward to the longer cardio workouts in Body Combat.

TurboLaura
10-03-2012, 10:37 PM
HAHAHA, Diana....You're doing a great job but may need a walker when you first get up :D

Thanks for the praise! I LOVE FIRE 60!! It kicks my butt and I was totally SOAKED when I finished but it's one of my favorites!

Have a great night, everyone!!

teacher1
10-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi ladies :)

Resting today... very sore from the class yesterday! I'm hoping tomorrow to be back at the y.

Diana3271
10-04-2012, 05:18 PM

Check-In:
Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn
#10 SDX Bonus Abs

I need to run an errand. I will be back later.

ETA:
Laura I didn't need the walker this morning. I guess that's a good sign. :lol: Although, I have known to get worse DOMS 2 days later. I really think my body is in shock when that happens. :lol: We'll see how tomorrow is. Hopefully I'll be good.

Teacher Do you get worse DOMS in your upper body or lower? Mine is always worse in the lower body.

teacher1
10-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Diana- My DOMS is worse for the lower body... still hurting some today but better

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
10-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In:
#10 SDX Upper Body w/12's
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Hmm, interesting. Do you carry your weight above or below your waist? I carry my weight below my waist and that's where I get sore.

teacher1
10-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Diana- I feel that the weight is all over!! But a big problem area is my gut.. I look pregnant :( My poor legs have a lot of work to do!

It's soooo cold here! Busting out the sweaters and jeans. Going to try some new soup recipes this month. Anyone have any healthy crock pot soups or meals? I have taco soup going now which isn't the healthiest but better than going out to dinner.

today- 30 treadmill walk

TurboLaura
10-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Hello ladies!! So sorry for being MIA for a bit. Anniversary weekend with my honey :) 10 years together! YAY!

Took last night off and will do Fire 60 tonight. LOVE that workout!

Good job, ladies! Diana, glad you didn't need a walker :D

TurboLaura
10-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Teacher - I love to make veggie chili with soy crumbles, black beans, onion, celery, chili powder and veggie stock. Super easy, low calorie and tasty! I'm a vegetarian but you could of course make it with lean turkey or beef. I like this for lunch with raw veggies in the winter and usually eat 1 cup as a portion size.

Take care all!

Diana3271
10-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a nice weekend.

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ

This morning I woke up with sore abs from that 10 minute bonus ab workout two days ago and of course I have upper body DOMS from the upper body workout yesterday. :D Gotta love starting a new rotation. ;) :D

Teacher I didn't know if there was a correlation between where we get the sorest and where we hold our weight. Do you like the colder weather? I think Monday is suppose to be in the high 60's here. That will be nice for us. I don't use the crock pot or make many soups. If I make soup, I will do a protein and whatever veggies I think will go. I just make it up as I go along. Have you seen this site? It has been recommended for healthy recipes. http://www.skinnytaste.com/ It lists points and calories.

Laura Happy Anniversary and the 10 years! :love:

teacher1
10-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Laura- Happy anniversary!!!! 10 years is impressive... thanks for the chilli recipe

Diana- that's a great food site... thanks!!! I do like when it gets cold but I love to bake and make yummy unhealthy food. So I've made a list of a couple bake goods/foods per month to make.. Oct- taco soup, pumpkin cake, and pumpkin muffins. I eat a little & take the leftovers to my parents house. We'll see if this helps this year. My mom was happy to get the leftover taco soup and pumpkin cake so she didn't have to cook tonight. I have to get the heavy calorie food out of the house asap or I'll continue to eat it.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
10-07-2012, 08:34 PM

Check-In;
#10 SDX Recovery Lower Body w/12's
KCM's 30 MTF TLC - Coffey Fit Blend Premix w/weighted gloves

Teacher I hope the site can help. I can't have certain foods in the house, either.

TurboLaura
10-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Hello ladies!! Thanks for the congrats :) we've had a nice weekend but I have to say that I've eaten way too much! Fri - today ...Mexican, chinese and fair food today. YIKES! Back on track 1000% tomorrow!

No workouts today but all scheduled for this week. This is week 20 of TF and I'll be moving on to a TR and Insanity hybrid with 1 run a week! WAHOOO - I will hopefully be 140 in 1 month. We shall see...will be so happy to get there :) I really think that I've just gotten so comfortable being 150 and wearing size 6 pants and small shirts that I've lost my intense focus I used to have. Can't let that happen because the pounds will PILE on.

I appreciate you support lots....and lots.....Teacher, there are many foods we can't have in the house. Honestly, no junk is the rule! Luckily hubby basically follows the same diet I do but he also eats meat and fish.

Nice workouts today ladies....:bravo:

TurboLaura
10-07-2012, 08:43 PM
BTW Teacher, you're very smart to plan the more rich foods and then only eat a little. They sound AWESOME and I bet your family enjoys them...Pumpkin cake sounds DELISH!!! Have a great night!

TurboLaura
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Diana, thanks for sharing that website! There are some awesome looking recipes that I can't wait to try. I also love healthy soups in the winter and it feels like winter here today!

Diana3271
10-08-2012, 06:07 PM

Check-In:
#10 SDX Upper Body w/12's
Shape Bikini Body Camp Transforming - Cardio Interval

This was a good combo today. I have been trying to match my cardio workouts to my strength workouts. This week, the focus is upper body. I don't want to over do it right off the bat since my upper body is already sore from using weighted gloves with TLC yesterday. Today is day one of my second week of this rotation. I have been sore every day since starting this. It's going to get better, right? ;)

I will be back later to check up on everyone! Get a great workout in! :carrot:

teacher1
10-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Diana- you do a great job of pushing your body but modifying when needed

today-elip 30 min

TurboLaura
10-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Hello all! Nice workouts everyone!

Hiit 30 and Upper 20 today. I ate 100% on plan and feel so good about it but I'm having urges to eat. UGH. Hopefully this will pass..

Diana3271
10-09-2012, 03:26 PM

Check-In:
The Firm Super Body Sculpt - Upper Body w/12's
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves
1000 Jump Ropes

Teacher Are you taking any classes at the Y this week?

Turbo Hang in there! Are you craving something specific or just a bottomless pit feeling?

teacher1
10-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Diana- yes, I'm going to the y tomorrow for the Fierce class. 1000 jumps- that's impressive!

today- TF Fire 30

teacher1
10-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Hello :)

today- ymca fierce class... it was very intense

TurboLaura
10-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Hello all!!

Great workouts! Teacher, that class sounds awesome! Diana, you killed it with that workout!

Last night Fire 60 (I totally CRUSHED it too!! )and abs 10. Today - not sure yet but a long cardio...perhaps fire 45 EZ! Wanted to run but its rainy. Have resisted the urge to eat for 3 days! Eat off plan I mean! Diana...tends to just be an urge to eat. The more days I spend on track the better I feel!

Diana3271
10-10-2012, 05:36 PM

Check-In:
Cathe's MMA Boxing w/weighted gloves
The Firm Super Body Sculpt - Upper Body w/weighted gloves

Teacher Great job on getting that tough class in!

Laura Good job in staing strong with the food. It's tough! Hang in there! I hope those urges pass soon for you.

TurboLaura
10-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks, Diana! I'm hoping that as I continue with my journey I'll be able to go off a little and not make it a 2-4 day thing! We are having our annual huge Halloween Party on the 20 and I'm going to allow some indulgence! We cater it from a local Chinese place but most of the items have meat, which I don't eat. I'll have some veggie rice and a few spring rolls....perhaps a dessert of two! I'll only go "off" for the party and be right back on the next day. :)

teacher1
10-11-2012, 04:46 PM
today- resting... but cleaned the house. Worked so hard that I broke my ceiling fan.

TurboLaura
10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Yikes on the fan!! Will you be able to fix it?

Hiit 30 and lower 20 tonight.

Ladies, what are your thoughts about a TF/Insanity hybrid with 1 run a week? I'm thinking of doing 5 cardio workouts, 1 run, 2 upper body, 2 ab routines and 1 lower body toning a week. Basically always doing 2 a day most days. Any suggestions?

Diana3271
10-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Can your DH repair/replace the fan?

Laura How are you using Insanity? There is strength training in it and it's considered cardio. Are you doing month 1 or month 2 Insanity? I ask because Month 2 is much longer and I don't know about doing 2 workouts on those days.

TurboLaura
10-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Hello, Diana!

Thanks for your help. I will be starting with the first round of workouts and will use TF Upper workout two times a week with a run or TF day. Perhaps I'm planning too much? I very much appreciate your feedback. I've only done 1 Insanity workout, pure cardio, but I really feel it's time for something new! Do you think it would be best to do 2 workouts only with TF to start?

Diana3271
10-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a great weekend!

Laura I wanted to make sure you were not over doing it. I think the combo of workouts should be no more than an hour. I can't remember if the upper body workout is 20 or 30 minutes. If it's 30 minutes then try to get a 30 minute cardio workout, too. All I could think about is you trying to do one of the longer Insanity workouts and another workout the same day. :eek: I think that would be too hard on your body. I think you would be good if you keep everything under an hour. Let us know what you decide.

TurboLaura
10-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks for your help!! I think 60-70 minutes is also a good idea. I really need to look through the workouts and decide. I know TF very well but not Insanity!

Tonight: Hiit 30 and Lower 20.

Have a great evening!

teacher1
10-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi all-
The fan got fixed by the hubby :)

Laura- glad Diana could help you. I've never done insanity.

today- TF Fire 45ez

Have a great night ladies :)

Diana3271
10-12-2012, 10:32 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 45

Teacher Yay! For the Hubster! Good job on your workout. Has it cooled off there, yet?

Laura Another thing is that I have always been a big cardio fan. I could do the two TF 45's back to back. I could do all of the Hiit's back to back. But, I could not add on to the month 2 of Insanity, except for the cardio ab workout. Hmm, I also have to keep in mind that I was dealing with shingles during that time. I don't know. Month two is pretty intense. I would keep it around 60 minutes like you said. Do you have Les Mills Pump? Know anyone that has done it?

TurboLaura
10-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks so much, ladies. I appreciate your support and feedback!

Teacher - great news on the fan and also fire 45ez! awesome workout!!!!

Diana, Cardio is my thing too. Chalene and her sister are REALLY pushing heavy lifting but I just find it so damn boring! I do like the upper 20 workouts because I find it intense and effective. I have nice small, toned arms and want to keep them! I also wear the weighted gloves with each workout and it works too.

What do you think about 3 insanity cardio, 3 TF cardio and on the TF day do abs or upper with it?
Today Hiit 25 and tone 30.

Have a great weekend and keep up the good work! Day 6 for me of no junk! :cheer:

teacher1
10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Hi ladies :) Happy Saturday!

Diana- the weather here is up and down... some days 80's and other days 68.
Today it's raining off and on. How's the weather in SC?

Laura- great job on no junk food.

today- a mile walk.... not a big workout but it was at the Buddy Walk benefiting the Down Syndrome Society. I walked with a former student and had a great time :)

Diana3271
10-13-2012, 10:36 PM

No workout, I took a rest day. I haven't mentioned it here, but last weekend I went to my Mom's house. I took all of her paperwork from the house. I wanted to sort/shred everything. You would not believe how much paperwork she had. She had stuff from the 1960's! I was sorting through the paperwork this week. I have been so bogged down and overwhelmed with this project. I came across something and posted this in my other check-ins and thought I would share it here, too. This happened on Thursday:

I had something AMAZING happen to me today.

The last couple weeks that my Mom was in the hospital she was not able to communicate with us due to being sedated and/or not coming to. It bothered me that we were couldn't talk and has continued in my thoughts to this day. I do accept that everything happens for a reason and some things are beyond our control. I am grateful that my Mom is in a better place and no longer suffering.

I was sorting through my Mom's paperwork today. I had taken everything that was made of paper out of her house. I came across one of her phone books. There were a lot of phone numbers on the outside. I decided to keep it in case I need to call one of those people. I noticed a paper on the inside cover. I opend the phone book to remove the paper. The top half of the paper is a picture of my Mom. I think I remember when the picture was taken. Her friend Debbie took it with her phone when we were at the Cancer Center. On the bottom half of the paper, Mama wrote:

To My Kids, Diana & Teddy
I am at Charleston Cancer Center - March 2012.
Thanks for all your help!
Love You Always,
Mama

In her picture, she still had all of her hair. She had just started her treatments. She was able to convey her thoughts and communicate, after all. She thanked us for helping her. I would do anything for her. This was such a special and precious gift from my Mom. I am so blessed to have found it today. BTW, she always called my DH her "kid" or her "son". She loved him like he was hers.

It saddens me, though, that she obviously didn't think she would make it for her to have put the picture/note in the phone book like that.

I hope it was OK to share this. It meant a lot to me. Please hug your loved ones.

Here's my post from today:

I took a rest day from my workout. Three 55 gallon drums later and I am finished with the shredding project. I pared it down to 2 large file boxes. I thought there was no rhyme or reason to my Mom's paperwork. I was totally wrong! I figured it out! Her method was to keep everything! If she ever needed anything, she would have it. :rofl:

Laura I think that would be a good rotation to follow. Do you know anyone that has Les Mills Pump?

Teacher Good job on the benefit walk! Walking for your health and to help others is awesome!

TurboLaura
10-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Diana, How special and amazing to find this. It truly was a special gift that you received today and I'm so happy that you did! Your mom sounds like she was a very special woman and you two were very close. Even though she was unable to speak with you due to sedation, I'm that she knew you were there and in some way was able to communicate that. While I bet this was emotional for you it was also lovely. I'm so glad that you posted this because sometimes I need reminders to remember what's REALLY important in life. I'l be sure to hug my fur babies and husband in honor of your mom tonight :)

TurboLaura
10-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Diana,

I don't know anyone who has done Les Mills but I hear it's great!

teacher1
10-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Diana- :hug: I'm so glad that you found her special note. Life is so fast sometimes we need reminders to enjoy time with our loved ones.

today- long walk with the dogs and DH at the park

Diana3271
10-14-2012, 07:57 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted glvoves

I'm running late! The Amazing Race is getting ready to come on. Have a great evening!

teacher1
10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi :)

today- elip 30 min & walk with the dogs

TurboLaura
10-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Hellloooooooooooooo! :wave:

Insanity Pure Cardio and TF Abs 10! WAHOO to the first day of my new hybrid!

Keep up the good work, teacher! Have you been working a lot lately? We are ALWAYS in need of good subs so I bet you are in demand!

Diana3271
10-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am very blessed to have found that note/picture from my Mom. It was very special and means the world to me. I was thinking about doing something similar for my DH. You never know when something might happen. I would have to put where our important papers are because I know he would never find it otherwise. :lol:

Check-In:
#10 SDX Recovery Core w/12's (Hmm, Recovery??? My butt! That's all I have to say about that! :rofl: )

Teacher Good job on the elliptical and walk.

Laura How did you like Pure Cardio? I was really confused when I first did this workout. My idea of Pure Cardio and Shaun's idea of Pure Cardio are two different things. :D

teacher1
10-16-2012, 05:55 PM

today- elip 30 min & walk dogs 1 hour

TurboLaura
10-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Hello! Loved Core Cardio!!!!!!

Turbo Fire 45EZ tonight.

Diana3271
10-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Great job ladies!

Check-In:
Les Mills Sports Attack
TF HiiT 30
#10 SDX Bonus Abs

My abs are sore from the "recovery" core workout yesterday. A friend sent me Les Mills Sports Attack. LOVE IT!

teacher1
10-17-2012, 02:32 PM
today- Fierce class at the y... still a very hard class. I force myself to go but feel great after. walk dogs-30 min

Diana3271
10-17-2012, 09:28 PM

Check-In:
#10 SD Xtreme Core w/12's
Michelle Dozois Rockin' Body Cardio Jam

My abs are still sore from the "Recovery Core" workout on Monday. :o

Teacher Good job tackling that class again! :carrot: Do you like the class better than doing weights on your own?

Laura Did you get "Insane" today? :lol:

teacher1
10-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Diana- yes, the group classes are better for me especially for weights and some cardio too

today- resting... my left calf muscle is very sore not sure why only one leg is sore

TurboLaura
10-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi Ladies!! you're doing so great with the workouts!! Teacher - maybe it's tight from the workouts?

Just had my *** kicked with INSANITYŽ / Plyometric Cardio Circuit...:yikes: WHOA was that a workout and I felt humbled and proud.

Keep up the great work all!

Diana3271
10-18-2012, 09:49 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves
#10 SDX Bonus Buns w/12's

Teacher Try to do some gentle stretching. I hope your calf is better by tomorrow.

Laura Ha Ha You can definitely be proud if you lived to report your Insanity workout! :lol: That was the toughest rotation that I have ever done.

teacher1
10-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Laura- congrats on getting through the Insanity video. It sounds so intense!

Diana- My leg is better today :)

today- elip 30 min

I'm off this weekend to my brother's soccer tournament. I'll be back Sunday. Have a great weekend :)

Diana3271
10-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! Have a great weekend!

Check-In:
Les Mills Sports Attack

Teacher I'm glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your weekend!

Diana3271
10-21-2012, 09:17 AM

Check-In:
Cathe's Cardio Kicks
#10 SDX Bonus Abs

TurboLaura
10-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Hello ladies!!

Awesome workouts, Diana!!

Teacher - glad to hear you're feeling better :)

We had our Halloween party at our house last night so I didn't workout. We really go overboard with decor and have it catered and it's so much fun!! I just love Halloween :D This photo shows me from last Halloween to this Halloween. :yikes: 70+ pounds is a lot! Hope it's OK that I posted this :)

Have a great weekend, all - Insanity for me tomorrow...!!!!!!!!!!

Diana3271
10-21-2012, 08:19 PM

Check-In:
#10 SDX Recovery Core w/12's
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn - Cardio/Boxing Premix w/weighted gloves

Laura You look awesome! I can really see the weight loss. One thing you haven't lost, though, is that beautiful smile!

TurboLaura
10-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Thank you, Diana. You're too sweet! This is the first photo I have that's actually year to year for me to compare. My face looks so distorted from last year...gosh I can't believe I was that unhealthy.

Ladies - thanks for all of your support, always :) :hug:

teacher1
10-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Laura- wow, very impressive change!!!! I'm sure you had a great party!

today- TF Fire 45ez

Diana3271
10-22-2012, 06:21 PM

This will be a quick post since I am running late! :running:

Check-In:
#10 SDX Bonus Abs

TurboLaura
10-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Hello!! :wave:

Diana - Great workouts :) Busy Monday??!!
Teacher - Love Fire 45 EZ, nice job! :Bravo: Thank you for your compliment!

Insanity Pure Cardio tonight! Great workout - Keep up your great efforts!!!!! :cheer:

teacher1
10-23-2012, 01:50 PM
today- cycle 1 hour ymca & walk dogs 30 min

TurboLaura
10-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Hello ladies! Fire 45 tonight. Hope you are all well :)

Diana3271
10-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
#10 SDX Lower Body w/12's

Laura I workout in my office. Yesterday I kept having interruptions. (Work does come first. ;) It buys the fitness DVD's :lol:) It took forever to get through my workout.

Teacher Good job on that cardio!

teacher1
10-24-2012, 04:07 PM

today- Fierce class ymca & 1 hour walk dogs

Diana3271
10-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

I forgot to make my post from yesterday. :dizzy:

Check-In:
Les Mills Sports Attack

Teacher Are you feeling more comfortable with the Fierce class? Are you sore today?

teacher1
10-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Diana- yep, still sore.. I'm getting more comfortable but it's a hard class. I figure there is lots of room for growth in the class :)

today- TF Fire 30... tried to walk the dogs but it's 40 degrees here and it feels like 30 degrees. Yesterday it was around 82. We only got about 10 minutes in of walking :(

Diana3271
10-25-2012, 09:22 PM

Check-In:
~TF Fire 45 w/weighted gloves
~#10 SDX Recovery Total Body w/12's

Teacher Wow! Your temps have really dropped. Are they going back up in the near future? :brr:

TurboLaura
10-26-2012, 06:07 AM
Hello all!!!

Last night I wasn scheduled for Insanity but I really needed a dose of Chalene's positive energy so I did Fire 45. Love that workout :) Diana, we did the same workout! Whats SDX?

:cheer: it's Friday!!!!!!

Keep up the good work...Teacher, that class sounds awesome!

Diana3271
10-26-2012, 06:16 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: Have a great weekend!

Diana, we did the same workout! Whats SDX?

Laura I just shortened the title. :lol: The program is called 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme. It's a tough program. I have done it a couple of times but it just doesn't get easier. :lol: Here's the Xtreme Total Body workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_OLGiMq_Qo&feature=related You can easily modify up or down depending on your needs. Here it is on QVC: http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.F09771.html?item=F09771&ref=GAS&tpl=detail&cm_ven=GOOGLESHOPPINGFEED&cm_cat=Sports%20&%20Leisure&cm_pla=Fitness%20Equipment%20&%20DVDs&cm_ite=F09771-000-000&adtype=pla It's a 30 day rotation.

teacher1
10-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Diana- It should start warming to the 60's early next week.

Laura- I'm always changing up my workouts too.

today- nothing... I subbed and had to attend a soccer tournament outside. I'm so tired after freezing all day. Glad to have a quiet night at home tonight.

Diana3271
10-26-2012, 10:50 PM

Check-In:
Cathe Kick Punch and Crunch w/weighted gloves

Teacher Enjoy your evening.

TurboLaura
10-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Hello all! Took yesterday off for my 1 rest day. Feel like eating hasn't been good this week and I need to get my focus back now!

Today - Insanity Plyo Circuit...YIKES!

Great job Teacher and Diana! Bracing for Sandy here.....hope you will all be ok!

teacher1
10-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Laura- oh my that storm looks scary... keep us posted

Diana- are you in the storm's path?

We're safe all the way in Kansas. We get our nature excitement with tornadoes.

today- long walk with dogs and DH

Diana3271
10-27-2012, 10:28 PM

Check-In:
Gin Miller's Intense Moves (step)

Teacher Did you have a tornado outbreak? I didn't hear about it. If so, stay safe. The hurricane is passing is by. I am grateful for that. We have had gusty winds and rain all day.

Laura How bad are they expecting it in your area? Stay safe.

teacher1
10-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Diana- I just meant tornadoes in general not right now :)

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
10-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Hello all! We are forcasted to have rain and high winds for 24 hours! That's a long time but we won't get a direct hit in RI - the coast is having evacuations but we're more inland so we're ok.

Great workouts, ladies! Tonight I'll do a TF but not sure what! I need a schedule again because it's just not working for me to do "whatever" feels right. I think I'm going to just follow the Insanity Schedule and do 1 TF a week.

I've also been thinking of going Vegan lately. I've been a veggie for over 20 years (became one at 11) but can't stop thinking about taking the plunge...then I worry because my diet is so limited already (very low sugar so no fruit) but I rarely eat daily or eggs anyhow. Just not sure. Any thoughts? Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Diana3271
10-28-2012, 07:52 PM

Check-In:
#10 SDX Recovery Core
The Firm Super Cardio Sculpt w/8's

Teacher Ok, good! I thought you were in the middle of something crazy going on. ;)

Laura Maybe you could try Vegan and see how you feel. Give yourself a month or so and evaluate from there. I really can't comment because I am in a different situation. Do you eat much soy? I am hypothyroid. I made a comment to my Endo about a friend of mine going vegan/vegetarian. My Dr. misunderstood and thought I was doing this. She got really upset because I am already on a high dosage of Synthroid for my thyroid. She said that she would definitely have to increase my medicine dosage if I started eating soy. Her belief is that soy is damaging to the thyroid. I don't need any other complications. :lol: Anyways, I cleared that up with her that it was not me, but a friend of mine.

teacher1
10-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Laura- I agree with Diana to just try to go Vegan and see what happens. One of the blogs I follow is - http://www.oatmealafterspinning.com/
Lauren is a former teacher who is now a trainer. She's on a month Vegan experiment. On Wednesdays, she posts recipes and food ideas... so look at Oct. 24 for some Vegan ideas.
I eat meat but there is all kinds of food, for all kinds of people :)

in_the_end
10-28-2012, 10:49 PM
This is my favorite part of the forum since I'm always getting video recommendations from you ladies! Does anyone have 20 minute video recommendations? The only one I have right now is a Turbo Jam one but I'd like to have some other ones just in case I have a day off but I'd like to move around a little.

TurboLaura - I've been Vegan for over 3 years now and in the beginning it seems a little harsh but once you learn how to cook and get into the swing of things it just becomes so easy and a way of life. I lost 40 lbs just from going vegan and never regained it but still need to get the last 40 off. There's so many great blogs out there and books. One of the best books out there for a low-fat diet is Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra. Happy Herbivore also has a blog and a couple books. There's also a Fat Free Vegan blog. Hope that helps!

TurboLaura
10-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Ladies - thank you all so much. I appreciate all of the insights, suggestions and websites!!! Diana, Teacher and in the end, THANKS!!!!! Being a vegetarian is effortless and I bet once I become adjusted to being a vegan it will be too. he only real regular animal protein I have is with **********, (the site edited this but it's a meal replacement shake)which has whey protein but they also make a vegan that I can switch to. I like the idea of trying it for a month....Diana, my soy intake isn't too high but I do eat 1-2 soy burgers/patties a day. I get most of my protein through beans and hummus. I bet your doctor did freak!! My mom had her thyroid removed due to cancer a few years ago and she has to be very careful with what she eats. My thyroid was in the normal range but it was a little low....

In the end - Turbo Jam makes a few workouts that are about 20-30 minutes that you may like! Fat Blaster is a 30 minute cardio with only turbos and it's a fun, moderate workout. There is also Turbo Jam "live" cardio party remix, which is 30 minutes too and enjoyable! Turbo Fire also makes a 20 minute hiit that you can buy without buying the entire set called "greatest hiits". It's intense and an awesome 20 minute workout!!!!

Hope that you;re all well and safe from the storm....no school for me tomorrow!

Diana3271
10-29-2012, 07:48 AM
in_the_end Are you looking for cardio only or cardio and strength training? If you want a combo and/or a whole program, I would recommend PowerFit Harmony. There is a video clip on this site, too. http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/PowerFit-Harmony-10-DVD-set-with-band-Stephanie-p/1003.htm

teacher1
10-29-2012, 07:12 PM
in the end- 30 day shred... but those workouts are around 30 min

Laura- stay safe... keep us posted if you have power

today- elip 30 min & walk dogs-1 hour

TurboLaura
10-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Still have power, YAY! It actually wasn't all that bad where I am. We had winds 30-40 all day and some heavy gusts with very little rain. One of my dogs keeps going outside and smelling the air! So funny.

Today Fire 45. Love it and one of my favorites! I found a great TF/Insanity hybrid to follow. I really need a schedule to keep me accountable!

Take care, all!

Diana3271
10-29-2012, 10:31 PM

Check-In: Mitch Gaylord's Melt It Off! Cardio Mix & Melt w/#6 weighted ball (all cardio + additional power melts)

This will be a quick post. We just got home. We went to the fair tonight.

teacher1
10-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Diana- the fair sounds fun :)

today- 1 hour ymca cycle class

Diana3271
10-30-2012, 06:12 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

Laura How are things in your area, today?

Teacher The fair was fun! I had a Reese Elephant Ear! :drool: It was an elephant ear, slathered with peanut butter and drizzled with chocolate syrup. Yesterday was definitely off plan in my eating. Today is DH's birthday. Another off plan day. Tomorrow will be back to my plan.

in_the_end
10-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi Ladies! I'm pretty much embarrassed to post my workouts right now since it'd be a variation of "Turbo Jam" every night since I jumped back into working out again a month ago. I have a bunch of workout videos but they're kind of advanced when you're not in shape yet but I'm working up to it!

Diana - I'll look into PowerFit. I'm trying to incorporate weight lifting and cardio so that actually works out on days where I'm running short on time. Thanks for the recommendation =)

Hope you guys are all staying safe from Sandy.

Diana3271
10-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Diana - I'll look into PowerFit. I'm trying to incorporate weight lifting and cardio so that actually works out on days where I'm running short on time. Thanks for the recommendation =)

in_the_end Please don't be embarrassed and please post your workouts. If you did a workout, that's something to be proud of. The good thing about the PowerFits is that they are about 20 minutes each. They don't use dumbbells, they use the bands. There are different levels of bands, so you can grow into the workouts. It is a whole rotation, so basically, you can do the PowerFit rotation but add in the TJ's for extra cardio. And, it's only $19.95 for the whole program. :D Sounds good to me. :lol:

in_the_end
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
That's definitely a great deal! I just got 10lb slimdown since I saw you talk about it and it's a good deal but after watching the video I realized there's just no way I can do it and not be miserable, lol.

Today's workout was TJ's Cardio Party.

Diana3271
10-31-2012, 07:23 AM
in_the_end Did you get 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme? If so, it's tough! I have been working out for a long time and it kicks my butt. If you got the Xtreme, it also contains the original 10 Pound SlimDown workouts. They are marked at he "Recovery" workouts. These should be doable for you. There is a whole rotation for the "original" or "Recovery" workouts. If you are interested in doing that, I can find that rotation for you. Chris shows modifications and you can use lower weights. You can work your way up to the Xtreme workouts. BTW, great job on the Cardio Party! :carrot:

TurboLaura
10-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Hello everyone! Hurricane Sandy spared my part of RI and we are so grateful considering the damage done elsewhere!

in the end: Never be embarrassed to post a workout, BE PROUD!!!!!! A workout is a workout and an awesome accomplishment :)

Diana - sounds like a fabulous treat you got at the fair :) I LOVE PB and Chocolate!!!!!!! Nice workouts, too!

Teacher - was it a spinning class? I've been looking to take one of those!

Last night I did Fire 45 EZ and then practiced TF forms for 30 minutes. I'm going for Turbo Fire Instructor Training on Dec. 1!!! Excited and nervous :)

Take care all - Insanity Plyo Circuit tonight :yikes:

Diana3271
10-31-2012, 04:14 PM

Check-In:
1000 Jump Ropes

I have had a rough day! TTOM started this morning. Normally the first day or two of TTOM I have problems with concentration. I have difficulty completing little tasks, making decisions, can't decide what to do next etc. On top of that, I think I feel worse because I have eaten differently the last two days. Monday was the fair and yesterday was DH's Birthday. I have had a lot more sugar and carbs than normal. My energy level has went down the tubes. Today I am back on my regular food plan and glad of that. Tomorrow will be my first day of the Pump rotation. It's a 20 minute workout, so I will combine that with cardio.

Laura I'm glad you were spared the wrath of Sandy. Good luck with the TF Instructor Training. Sounds fun!

teacher1
10-31-2012, 04:57 PM
:haphal:
Diana- feel better... good luck on your new rotation
In the end- agreeing with everyone... I just post all my workouts as big or little
Laura- yes, cycling is the same as spin and I go to the ymca.. some class are 45 and some are 60. Are you going to be teaching TF at a gym?

today- hour walk with the dogs... missed my Fierce y class but was busy helping my mom :witch::bat::witch2::spid:

Everyone have a fun & safe Halloween :carrot:

TurboLaura
10-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Happy Halloween! This is my Sidney Doodles all dressed for Halloween! :bat:

TurboLaura
10-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Hi teacher! That class sounds awesome! I'm not teaching yet but I'm going for a full day instructor training for turbo kick on Dec. 1! Hope to teach in the new year :) Turbo Kick is what Chalene first created and it's basically TF and Turbo Jam for the gym!

Diana, I hope that you feel better soon. Your body and mind will spring back!!!!!

Diana3271
10-31-2012, 09:29 PM

Thanks, Ladies! I'm already feeling a little better.

Teacher Did you hand out candy for Halloween? Good job on the walk!

Laura Aww! Love the Sidney Doodles!

I posted the November thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/269080-november-turbo-fire-more-check.html

TurboLaura
10-31-2012, 10:12 PM
WHOA - November?!?!?!?!

Thanks, Diana! Sidney is a great baby boy and quite the ham!!

in_the_end
10-31-2012, 11:43 PM
Diana - I did get the Slimdown Extreme but it has some 30 minute videos with it too. I think I can tackle them! I know how you feel about TTOM, it always throws me off balance since I have PCOS. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and you'll be back into the swing of things.

Laura and teacher - Thanks for the encouragement! I'll keep posting. I do my workouts with my partner so luckily I have double accountability.

Today's workout was TJ's 20 minutes.

in_the_end
11-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Cardio Party tonight. Wasn't feeling it at all.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Diana3271
11-02-2012, 06:53 AM
in_the_end Come on over and join us in the November thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/269080-november-turbo-fire-more-check.html