UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 11st4lbs (158lbs)

Height: 5ft4in

Thumbs up Sonia - My Fast-5 Diet Journey

Hi fellow chicks. I'm Sonia, 32 years old, 5ft4in, weigh 11st4lbs (158lbs) and live in London, UK - and have just started the fast-5 diet.

I'm not sure if I can post the link but if you type in "fast-5 diet" into google you'll find it. There's also a free-book on the site that you can download for more info. In a nutshell, fast-5 is about eating anything you want (without binging or belly busting) within a 5 hour window (5pm to 10pm for example) and having nothing but water and non-calorific drinks such as diet soda (no cups of tea either -hard for me!) during the other 19 hours.

It's day 2 for me and I'm not too hungry but really struggling not drinking any tea. Think it's cos I'm a bit if a caffeine addict

I tried JUDDD for 3 weeks a few months back and couldn't cope with the down days as I love to eat a proper meal in the evenings and felt too deprived! I've since seen some pretty amazing down day recipes and meal ideas that I know would fill me up but have decided on this plan instead.

I'll be tracking my losses weekly. According to the book, I may not lose for the first few weeks, but after that stabilisation period I'll lose on average a pound a week. However, I'll lose inches too I'm happy with that as I did a VLCD at the start of the year and lost 2 stones (28lbs) on it but gained a stone back as I didn't refeed the way I was supposed to.

What I love about this diet is that I don't need to count calories. I'm from a multiethnic family so it's hard to track certain foods such as homemade Indian or middle eastern dishes made by aunts and uncles, and grandad who would think me mad if I asked them how much oil they put into a dish.

Thanks for reading and fingers crossed I drop some pounds xx
Sonia Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 11st4lbs (158lbs)

Height: 5ft4in

I'm not sure if I'm meant to use this section as a diary action so will be setting up a blog and will post the link on here x

Last edited by Sonia Star; 09-28-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Sonia Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 13.3/12.10/9

Height: 5'4"

Good luck! I'll be v interested to read your diary so let me know what it's up
Psyence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #4  
HW:232/SW:165

S/C/G: 215/211/165

Height: 5'6

Sounds interesting! Keep us updated, would love to find out more
kymb92 is offline   Reply With Quote