Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 09/28/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 09-28-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey! I'm never first --- wooo hoo... there's a NSV right there -- 3FC ready to start the day!

Have a good one everyone -- it's the WEEKEND
Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Still working at home. The foot seems about the same. I know healing things like tendons take forever, especially when you're no longer young and rebound quickly.

TGIF. I got so spoiled on my 6 week medical leave. Back to all the tension and stress with work. Hate it as stress really slows the weight loss. But I'll plug along.

Have a great Friday and stay 100% OP. It's worth it.

Molly
Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Good morning all..hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Still working at home. The foot seems about the same. I know healing things like tendons take forever, especially when you're no longer young and rebound quickly.

TGIF. I got so spoiled on my 6 week medical leave. Back to all the tension and stress with work. Hate it as stress really slows the weight loss. But I'll plug along.

Molly
Have a great day at work!

I am SO looking forward to this weekend! We are going to a harvest festival at a local farm, and there's a cultural event downtown at the piers. Now that the bigger little is in school all week, I am so much more conscious of doing fun things on my weekends off! I hate that he's not with me all day but he LOVES school and his teacher is fantastic. Plus the one-on-one time with the littlest has been awesome, and he's loving not having to compete with his brother for part of the day

Has anyone else noticed a point when the shakes just don't cut it anymore? Not hunger-wise, but as far as what you WANT to eat. I was having shakes or cappuccino drinks in the morning, but the last week or so I've really been craving "real" type food in the morning - thank goodness for packet pancakes and alternative products that are close to the "real" thing!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Yesterday was a little tough for me. I found out someone i really trusted was putting down my weight loss. They said I was getting too thin and I was losing weight for the wrong reasons.

I am nowhere NEAR too thin. And who is she to question why I'm losing weight?!?! The funny thing is when I was 200 pounds, all she did was talk about how I needed to get smaller for health reasons and discussed with everyone what I ate on a daily basis that kept me overweight.

Lesson learned: everyone is NOT your friend and everyone will NOT champion your successes.....all the more reason for you to be secure in your own skin and champion your own successes! She will not sour nor steal my blessing!!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #7  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
Yesterday was a little tough for me. I found out someone i really trusted was putting down my weight loss. They said I was getting too thin and I was losing weight for the wrong reasons.

I am nowhere NEAR too thin. And who is she to question why I'm losing weight?!?! The funny thing is when I was 200 pounds, all she did was talk about how I needed to get smaller for health reasons and discussed with everyone what I ate on a daily basis that kept me overweight.

Lesson learned: everyone is NOT your friend and everyone will NOT champion your successes.....all the more reason for you to be secure in your own skin and champion your own successes! She will not sour nor steal my blessing!!
Sorry to hear that, Ticiabean - True friends, who will always support you, are few and far between, I guess. Glad you're not going to let it get to you.

I have been through something like that too - the last time I lost a lot of weight...

Anyhow, I think YOU ROCK!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #8  

Quote:

GOOD FOR YOU!! People, you just never know how they're going to respond. Love your attitude.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Molly
Smile today Molly and remember how spectacular you are!! You are awesome, don't let other people extinguish your light!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #10  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

You know what they say, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer." It sounds like your friend has some insecurity issues. What will she feel when she sees you being successful without her?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Quote:

Some people these days.

I'm really glad that the people I did tell were supportive. But that was my immediate family (the ones I live with), and my bestie. Everyone else had to figure it out on their own when I suddenly seemed smaller and with 2 new bright pink and green skirts that were 16. I was previously a 20 or 22, so it was kind of different.

Now, I have a hard time staying OP because I'm no longer disgusted by myself and I have a boyfriend who would think I'm beautiful if he met me 40lbs ago.

Anyhoo, got a ton of stuff to do today homework wise, but if I really push myself I should be able to finish it. Then at some point tonight I get to talk to my man!

Long distance fails.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #12  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Molly - think of you often and hoping your foot gets better sooner than later.

Ticiabean - am sorry to hear about your 'friends' behavior. There are people that just aren't happy unless they're critisizing (sp) others. I agree with Fishette that this person is trying to cover her own insecurities with her comments. Best of luck to you! You are rocking this program!!!

Good news!!! This morning the # on my scale was 149.2!!!! Just squeaked into the next decade!!!! Next official WI is in 6 days...goal = 148 on their scale.

Last edited by greeniris; 09-28-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

I am so glad you are not going to let this person ruin your success. I have gained and lost weight (more times than I would like to admit) over the years and have had "friends" and family do similar things. I think it all comes down to their own insecurities. I have had thinner friends tell me to do something about my weight, but as soon as I start losing it somehow becomes threatening to them and they resent it. Same thing with heavier folks...I have actually had a friend stop talking to me because I was losing weight and she was wasn't. It is very sad when something like this brings into light the true character of people, but I think it happens quite often. I guess that is part of the reason that forums like this are so popular and full of supportive helpful people. Often the people that are closest to us are not the most supportive when it comes to weight loss.

As for me, I tried on the formal clothes yesterday that I had bought back in August for our cruise in October. WOW...they look fabulous. I few things need to be taken in just a bit, but they look so much better than when I bought them. I am so pleased. I told my husband that since he is renting his formal wear from the ship and will have enough pieces to make 2 three piece suits and a tux that we are dressing up every evening and going dancing in the night club just because we are gonna look so hot. Since I work from home and spend most of time raising chickens these days....dressing up is not something I get to do anymore. WOW...forgot how a little black dress (Even if it is a size 18 and not so "little") can be so SEXY!

I hope everyone has a great 100% OP day and TGIF!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #14  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Sorry to hear that your friend is acting like this. Kudos to you though on your strength through this all and all. We don't need validation from anyone why we are doing this right?!

Planning a fun friday with my babies. Going to the library and the park and thinking that a trip to either the apple orchard or the pumpkin patch is in store for the weekend. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 328/280/245

Height: 6'4

Good Morning to everyone! Hope that you all are having a great day! Well WI in today and in down 10lbs for the week. 19lbs total for the two weeks back OP. Hope i can keep this up at this pace maybe i'll be able to reach my goal sooner then i thought!
Closed Thread