Weight Loss Support - Rock Your Jeans event - What size jeans should I get?

berryblondeboys
09-26-2012, 10:59 AM
So, I am joining the Rock Your Jeans event my gyms are hosting. I was going to do it, then my partner backed out, so I thought, "maybe this is a sign and I shouldn't do it" and then someone I work with asked me if I was going to do it and if I wanted to partner up, so I said OK. As an added bonus, since I work for the organization, I get a significant discount (woohoo!) I'm also going to use this opportunity to write for work about various classes - trying out new ones, etc.

Anyway... here's the description of the program: http://www.columbiafitness.org/personaltraining/pdf/RockYourJeansInfoSheet.pdf

In this program, you are supposed to buy a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller than you currently wear and see how you progress in 8 weeks.

I currently wear, quite comfortably, a size 10. When I was getting down to 165 with working out in weights and cardio, I was in between an 8 and a 10, but... what I was finding was that my hip bones were what was keeping me from going from a 10 to an 8 where all along the rest of the journey, it was the waist line.

I know I'll be doing more heavy lifting (reading and gearing up for NRFL program) and I will be building more muscle, so getting smaller, but I'm wondering if two sizes for me is unrealistic?

If I get another pair of pants, it should be of the same brand and style to be like for like. I just cannot see myself wearing a size 6. Yet, I'm probably not that far now from being able to wear 8s.

What would you all do in my place? It will be more than 2 months from purchasing said pants, so returning them won't be possible in most stores even with tags still attached. Do I go with a 6? or an 8?

ETA: I'm 5'6.5", 173 pounds. My current measurements are 40.5-32-41.5. When I was at 165 I was 40-31-41.

healthyangie
09-26-2012, 11:05 AM
I'd go with the 8's. You can't shrink bone! An example - me and my sister are roughly the same height but she has bones made for baby making LOL. My son was only 6 1/2 lbs and was STUCK in me! Here kids were both over 10 lbs and POP! Maybe TMI but even when she weighs the same as me she is in a size larger because of the hip bones. Unfortunately I don't have those natural curves and can (and do) wear boys stuff. BUT .. if they have enough stretch in them maybe the 6? LOL :)

berryblondeboys
09-26-2012, 11:13 AM
I'd go with the 8's. You can't shrink bone! An example - me and my sister are roughly the same height but she has bones made for baby making LOL. My son was only 6 1/2 lbs and was STUCK in me! Here kids were both over 10 lbs and POP! Maybe TMI but even when she weighs the same as me she is in a size larger because of the hip bones. Unfortunately I don't have those natural curves and can (and do) wear boys stuff. BUT .. if they have enough stretch in them maybe the 6? LOL :)

I definitely have hips. My first was 10 lbs 9 ounces and 22" long - natural child birth with 2.5 hours of pushing.

My second was 11 pounds 14 ozs and 22" long - natural child birth and 40 minutes of pushing.

What I wonder though, is if the fleshy part of the backside (glutes) will shrink down enough so that other parts of my gut/hip area then can use more of the jeans materal side to side width, versus needing more girth room. Does that make sense?

I will NEVER be small. I'm simply not built small, but where that last 'size' is I don't know. And this would be the last size for me, for sure.

tnc0712
09-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Even if they don't fit, you can always sell them on Copious.

LockItUp
09-26-2012, 11:19 AM
IMO, because you really don't have a ton of weight left to lose, losing 2 whole sizes in 8 weeks is unrealistic. I'd go for the 8s if it were me, for sure. And if they end up being too big -- WOOHOO!!!

freelancemomma
09-26-2012, 11:27 AM
When I was at 165 I was 40-31-41.

Right now my measurements are 36-28-37 and I'm a 6. If you expect to reduce your measurements by 1.5-2 inches each, an 8 sounds about right to me.

F.

bargoo
09-26-2012, 11:28 AM
My vote is for the 8's also.

healthyangie
09-26-2012, 11:29 AM
IMO, because you really don't have a ton of weight left to lose, losing 2 whole sizes in 8 weeks is unrealistic. I'd go for the 8s if it were me, for sure. And if they end up being too big -- WOOHOO!!!

Yep, I'm agree here too. Even if your butt gets smaller, jeans aren't normally cut that way unless they are a curvey cut. And that is a short amount of time ... I'm in a 6 (but remember I'm built like a boy!) and you're measurements are more towards the perfect 10 than mine are. My hips are a 36 (all butt :) ) Dropping 4 inches in your hips would be pretty strange considering your proportions. I'd love to have your ratio of hip/waist/bust! Wear what your body calls for and enjoy those curves - they are healthy ones afterall!

And OMG - you are like my sister! I spent 14 hours trying to get my little pumpkin out (he's a halloween baby :devil: ) and they STILL had to cut him out!! My sister - one push, two push and POP - small people :)

berryblondeboys
09-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Here's a related question. ALLLLL my jeans (and most of my pants) have a bit of lycra to them. I find they fit better and move better. So, I can squish myself into a 8 now, but would have a super bad muffin top and would feel I'm cut in two. To me, fitting means "don't look painted on and no muffin top".

AND... my muffin top now is as much loose skin as fat. I have a lot of loose skin on my abdomen. I can do this (http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2010/05/13/18983642/progresspic/1SKBn5PO2cAOkZQ7kfcoMXfTqH81B0713.jpg): (THis is a man's body, but give him hips and that's my gut - close - add a gazillion stretch marks too)

Is it cheating to use jeans with lycra?

bargoo
09-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Here's a related question. ALLLLL my jeans (and most of my pants) have a bit of lycra to them. I find they fit better and move better. So, I can squish myself into a 8 now, but would have a super bad muffin top and would feel I'm cut in two. To me, fitting means "don't look painted on and no muffin top".

AND... my muffin top now is as much loose skin as fat. I have a lot of loose skin on my abdomen. I can do this (http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2010/05/13/18983642/progresspic/1SKBn5PO2cAOkZQ7kfcoMXfTqH81B0713.jpg): (THis is a man's body, but give him hips and that's my gut - close - add a gazillion stretch marks too)

Is it cheating to use jeans with lycra?

No, it is not cheating to use jeans with lycra. A personal note about sizes 6 and 8. I now wear size 6 but still have some 8's in my closet, they are wearable just a little loose in the butt I can wear them often enough that I am not going to toss them, on the other hand the 6's fit better and look better.

freelancemomma
09-26-2012, 12:23 PM
ALLLLL my jeans (and most of my pants) have a bit of lycra to them.

Another lycra lover here. Makes pants look better, fit better, and feel better. I'm never going back to that industrial-strength denim that feels like cardboard.

F.

healthyangie
09-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Love Lycra - can't imagine WHY they would EVER make ANY pants without it! Maybe we should be asking what the cut of the pants would be? Curvy, boyfriend, skinny, relaxed, high rise (please don't say yes to this :) , low rise, etc....

The muffin top goes away the lower the rise. I absolutely LOVE the new Levi's with the comfort waist and slimming cut. They are mid rise so there is a possibility of muffin ...

berryblondeboys
09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Love Lycra - can't imagine WHY they would EVER make ANY pants without it! Maybe we should be asking what the cut of the pants would be? Curvy, boyfriend, skinny, relaxed, high rise (please don't say yes to this :) , low rise, etc....

The muffin top goes away the lower the rise. I absolutely LOVE the new Levi's with the comfort waist and slimming cut. They are mid rise so there is a possibility of muffin ...

Every body is so different from the other. I simply CANNOT wear low rise jeans. They look horrendous on me. H.o.r.r.e.n.d.o.u.s. AND, there's nothing to hold them up, they would fit around the hips and slide right on down if I sat down.

Other things I cannot wear - boot cut. They need to be skinny cut, tapered cut and sometimes straight cut.

My BFF was trying to convince me otherwise - that bootcut makes you look longer, yada, yada, yada... then I sent her pictures in various cuts. She finally agreed that yes, midrise with a skinny cut is best for my body. I need something to go OVER the hip to keep them from falling off.

berryblondeboys
09-26-2012, 01:50 PM
You all, I am soooo confused. I just came back from TJMaxx. I took back to the dressing room these brands and sizes - why these? because these were the brands and cuts they had in all three sizes.

I went in wearing a comfortable fitting size 10 DKNY straight leg jean.

Size 10: NYDJ boot leg, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg

Size 8: DKNY midrise straight leg, NYDJ boot leg, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg, Ralph Lauren Boot Cut

Size 6: DKNY midrise straight leg, NYDJ boot leg, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg, Ralph Lauren Boot Cut

Size 4: Michael Kors Boot Cut

Now, I do not look good in boot cut, but I was wanting to check fit.

What I found:

Size 10: NYDJ boot leg - too big, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg- can't get them over my hips

Size 8: DKNY midrise straight leg - fit perfect, NYDJ boot leg - fit perfect, hate the style, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg- couldn't get it over my hips, Ralph Lauren Boot Cut - fit snug

Size 6: DKNY midrise straight leg - fit slightly snug, NYDJ boot leg - fit slightly snug, hate the style, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg didn't even try it-, Ralph Lauren Boot Cut - couldn't get it over my hips

Size 4: Michael Kors Boot Cut - fit slightly snug.

Why did I even have the size 4? it was the last size 4 in the line next to the 6s and it looked big. I decided to try it, just to see.

Now, what in the heck do I do???? In the brands that fit me now, I can fit (without cutting myself in half) into a size 6.

Truly, what is the size difference between a 6-8-10. It must be incredibly little. yet in levis- I couldn't even begin to put those on!

healthyangie
09-26-2012, 01:58 PM
You all, I am soooo confused. I just came back from TJMaxx. I took back to the dressing room these brands and sizes - why these? because these were the brands and cuts they had in all three sizes.

I went in wearing a comfortable fitting size 10 DKNY straight leg jean.

Size 10: NYDJ boot leg, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg

Size 8: DKNY midrise straight leg, NYDJ boot leg, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg, Ralph Lauren Boot Cut

Size 6: DKNY midrise straight leg, NYDJ boot leg, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg, Ralph Lauren Boot Cut

Size 4: Michael Kors Boot Cut

Now, I do not look good in boot cut, but I was wanting to check fit.

What I found:

Size 10: NYDJ boot leg - too big, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg- can't get them over my hips

Size 8: DKNY midrise straight leg - fit perfect, NYDJ boot leg - fit perfect, hate the style, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg- couldn't get it over my hips, Ralph Lauren Boot Cut - fit snug

Size 6: DKNY midrise straight leg - fit slightly snug, NYDJ boot leg - fit slightly snug, hate the style, Levis Bold Curve Straight Leg didn't even try it-, Ralph Lauren Boot Cut - couldn't get it over my hips

Size 4: Michael Kors Boot Cut - fit slightly snug.

Why did I even have the size 4? it was the last size 4 in the line next to the 6s and it looked big. I decided to try it, just to see.

Now, what in the heck do I do???? In the brands that fit me now, I can fit (without cutting myself in half) into a size 6.

Truly, what is the size difference between a 6-8-10. It must be incredibly little. yet in levis- I couldn't even begin to put those on!

Well then DKNY size 6 midrise it IS!!!! If they're slightly snug now, you'll be in great shape! So see, we were all wrong on 8's. And yeah - Levis are more boy cut - they're my kind of jeans, my sister can't even think of them. Us boxes get the boy jeans and you ladies get the cool labels :)

berryblondeboys
09-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Well then DKNY size 6 midrise it IS!!!! If they're slightly snug now, you'll be in great shape! So see, we were all wrong on 8's. And yeah - Levis are more boy cut - they're my kind of jeans, my sister can't even think of them. Us boxes get the boy jeans and you ladies get the cool labels :)

I just don't know how I feel about it all... Like I 'could' wear those pants now - in all seriousness. It hardly feels like "oooo... if I work my butt off, I'll be able to wear it!"

How strange that the sizes are so close at this point.

berryblondeboys
09-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Just did a quick look. I always can wear smaller sizes than are listed for measurements (don't understand that, but it's always been true), but the difference in size between a 6 and an 8 for all three of those brands that almost fit now is like one inch. There is a much bigger difference between the 4 and the 6. Weird!

alitorry
09-27-2012, 06:39 AM
If you fit conformably in a size 8 and want to get into a size 6 and don't think you can, buy old navy size 6. To me, old navy runs bigger.. Good luck with the rock your Jeans comp :)

toastedsmoke
09-27-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm not particularly enamored by the Levi Curve iD jeans. I find them too tight-fitting and too stretchy in the right size (like denim Spanx or something) and none of the curve types fit me right. I'm regularly a 6 in bottoms and I tried sizes 6-12 in Slight, Demi and even Bold Curves and none fit properly (they were either girdle-tight or bagging and sagging, no midpoint). I think they either really work for people or they don't.

Anyway, I'm thinking that now that you know a 6 is possible, maybe you should try other brands in that size if the DKNYs aren't enough of a challenge and find a pair that are.

berryblondeboys
09-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Anyway, I'm thinking that now that you know a 6 is possible, maybe you should try other brands in that size if the DKNYs aren't enough of a challenge and find a pair that are.

I think so too. I want this to be a CHALLENGE. I will take some pictures today when I try things on - both to show you all and to show myself. I will venture beyond Marshall's and TJMaxx and hit the mall (somewhere I never go) so I can try the same brand of jeans in different sizes.

Brands that work for my body type and style aesthetic are: Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, Ann Taylor and Anne Klein. I also like some other artsy stuff, but not edgier teeny bopper stuff. Basically, I'm a classics kind of gal with a bit of artsy thrown in.

healthyangie
09-27-2012, 10:36 AM
I think so too. I want this to be a CHALLENGE. I will take some pictures today when I try things on - both to show you all and to show myself. I will venture beyond Marshall's and TJMaxx and hit the mall (somewhere I never go) so I can try the same brand of jeans in different sizes.

Brands that work for my body type and style aesthetic are: Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, Ann Taylor and Anne Klein. I also like some other artsy stuff, but not edgier teeny bopper stuff. Basically, I'm a classics kind of gal with a bit of artsy thrown in.

Take good pics (sorry, but muffin included if relative) and we can be a panel on America's Next Top .... or bottom LOL:D

And yes - between a 6 and 4 is HUGE difference. I have some 6's that are loose and if I try the 4 in the SAME pants, I can't get them over my butt. Strange huh ....

On another note, I once attended a seminar where the woman stated to "stop wearing clothes that scar you by the end of the day .." I'm a firm believer in this and if you're not sure what I mean - look at where the zipper, waist and button hit your belly - are they scarred?

toastedsmoke
09-27-2012, 12:41 PM
berry: We evidently have similar tastes in stores. I like Ann Taylor and Ann Klein and Calvin Klein as well. Throw in Banana Republic, J-Crew and White House Black Market and we could be shopping buddies! ;) I confess that I do hunt down classics (cardigans, camis, blazers, trousers) at the teeny-bopper stores... but that's mostly so I can pay the teeny-bopper prices.

Take good pics (sorry, but muffin included if relative) and we can be a panel on America's Next Top .... or bottom LOL:D

And yes - between a 6 and 4 is HUGE difference. I have some 6's that are loose and if I try the 4 in the SAME pants, I can't get them over my butt. Strange huh ....

On another note, I once attended a seminar where the woman stated to "stop wearing clothes that scar you by the end of the day .." I'm a firm believer in this and if you're not sure what I mean - look at where the zipper, waist and button hit your belly - are they scarred?

Everything you said!!!! I want to be a judge on ANT...B too! :D I hear you on the sizes. Although I've noticed it's worse with some stores/brands than with others. And also MAJOR COSIGN on the "stop wearing clothes that scar you!" Shoes too though, shoes too!

LockItUp
09-27-2012, 12:43 PM
I need to start shopping at different stores, because I can't fit in anything smaller than a 12!

toastedsmoke
09-27-2012, 12:56 PM
LockItUp: What are your measurements? Where do you shop?

LockItUp
09-27-2012, 01:07 PM
LockItUp: What are your measurements? Where do you shop?

38-29.5-38.5 My "natural" waist is 29.5, but at my belly button is 33. I know there had been some debate before about where the waist actually is, so I wanted to mention that. I feel like all my extra fat is in that spare tire section.

I shop at Target, Ross (so all kinds of brands there), Old Navy, and occasionally Walmart.

Thistleberry
09-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Have you ever played with this site, LockItUp? http://sizes.darkgreener.com/
I find it really useful in determining which brands I might have a better chance of fitting into based on the interactive graph.

ETA: Just make sure you have the browser to support it and that you check UK or US as appropriate. :)

berryblondeboys
09-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Went to the mall today - only one store as then I ran into my mother-in-law... maybe another reason I never go to the mall. And I hate sales associates who try to pick out clothes for me - HELLO! I think I know my design aesthetic and what looks good on my body - not a 60 year old, totally different height and body type from me picking out my clothes!

Anyway, I took photos at the one store, Ann Taylor. I tried on 6s and 8s. I guess I'm an 8 - who knew? I'll post pictures later!

healthyangie
09-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Went to the mall today - only one store as then I ran into my mother-in-law... maybe another reason I never go to the mall. And I hate sales associates who try to pick out clothes for me - HELLO! I think I know my design aesthetic and what looks good on my body - not a 60 year old, totally different height and body type from me picking out my clothes!

Anyway, I took photos at the one store, Ann Taylor. I tried on 6s and 8s. I guess I'm an 8 - who knew? I'll post pictures later!

Not going for the DKNY's at all???

toastedsmoke
09-27-2012, 05:36 PM
38-29.5-38.5 My "natural" waist is 29.5, but at my belly button is 33. I know there had been some debate before about where the waist actually is, so I wanted to mention that. I feel like all my extra fat is in that spare tire section.

I shop at Target, Ross (so all kinds of brands there), Old Navy, and occasionally Walmart.

How are the 12s fitting? On the size charts I looked at, you should be at least a 10 or possibly even an 8 belly-button irrespective since for trousers depending on how pear shaped you are, many size chart measurements run large. Have you tried any 10s or 8s. Like berry, you might be surprised.

LockItUp
09-27-2012, 05:41 PM
How are the 12s fitting? On the size charts I looked at, you should be at least a 10 or possibly even an 8 belly-button irrespective since for trousers depending on how pear shaped you are, many size chart measurements run large. Have you tried any 10s or 8s. Like berry, you might be surprised.

Ironically enough when I dressed for work today I complained about how all my new 12s I bought last month are baggy. I did try a 10 on at Walmart about 2 weeks ago and it was muffin-top-madness. But I have dropped about 7 pounds since then. Maybe I will try!

berryblondeboys
09-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Not going for the DKNY's at all???

I might, but I wanted to try on several brands. I didn't like the fit of the Ann Taylor jeans today. The pockets on the butt were too low. The DkNY ones I tried yesterday were mauve. Not going to buy mauve jeans. I'll try serval brands tomorrow. I just didn't have time today.

berryblondeboys
09-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Ironically enough when I dressed for work today I complained about how all my new 12s I bought last month are baggy. I did try a 10 on at Walmart about 2 weeks ago and it was muffin-top-madness. But I have dropped about 7 pounds since then. Maybe I will try!

And trying on one pair of cheaply made jeans are not going to be the measure of all jeans in that size. Seriously, go to Goodwill or Marshall's or TJMaxx. You can get nice jeans for much cheaper than mall prices and they will fit much better than WalMart and the like.

Seems I'm in an 8 now which is crazy and can button and zip the 6s without stuffing myself in them "too" much. Holy crud!

LockItUp
09-27-2012, 05:54 PM
And trying on one pair of cheaply made jeans are not going to be the measure of all jeans in that size. Seriously, go to Goodwill or Marshall's or TJMaxx. You can get nice jeans for much cheaper than mall prices and they will fit much better than WalMart and the like.

Seems I'm in an 8 now which is crazy and can button and zip the 6s without stuffing myself in them "too" much. Holy crud!

You're right. I just have flashbacks of going into dressing rooms and crying because nothing fit (at well over 200 pounds). I've just never been below a 12 (or maybe I have and have always just been way too scared to try anything below a 12). Thanks for the inspiration!!!

healthyangie
09-27-2012, 06:01 PM
So can't we just all sit back and laugh at the irony of being torn between a size 6 and 8? Heck! They're size 6 and 8 - no matter what, that's incredible!!!!!!

And I do beleive the more you pay for clothes, the smaller the size is you get. I think they do that on purpose :)

berryblondeboys
09-27-2012, 07:46 PM
So can't we just all sit back and laugh at the irony of being torn between a size 6 and 8? Heck! They're size 6 and 8 - no matter what, that's incredible!!!!!!

And I do beleive the more you pay for clothes, the smaller the size is you get. I think they do that on purpose :)

Until a point - then the really high end stuff does less vanity sizing. Like Diane Von Furstenberg. I have a wrap dress by her and a wool dress. They are 14 and 12 respectively, and to fit in that 12 comfortably, I would like to lose another 10 or get smaller through workouts. Same with other super high end designers (I sometimes try them on at the outlets for fun - SAKS and Nordstroms) I got my DVF dresses at a consignment shop, I first thought maybe it was an older style, so perhaps vanity sizing hadn't 'hit' yet, but i've tried her current stuff on too and I need a 14 to fit perfect.

berryblondeboys
09-27-2012, 08:22 PM
I will start with saying. I do not like these jeans. I don't like the placement of the pockets. I don't like the super skinny leg, but that's what Ann Taylor had, so that's what I tried. I can only tell which size is which by knowing which pants I tried first and what order I took the photos. When I held the pants up side by side - maybe a half inch difference in size. Add in lycra, and that's hardly different at all.

Here are the pants I tried on: http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/product/AT-Weddings-Events/AT-Honeymoon/Modern-Denim-Skinny-Jeans/286082?colorExplode=false&skuId=11761648&catid=cat550078&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=1107

It says for size 8: 28.5" waist, 38.5" hip. size 6: 27.5" waist, 37.5" hip.

Here are the size 8:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0039.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0038-1.jpg

Here are the size 6:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0037.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0040-1.jpg

And this is what I was wearing today... No, I don't usually have a nice camera with me, but I was taking photos for work today, so I had it with me:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0042.jpg

pnkrckpixikat
09-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Cute dress!

Honestly they both look they fit fine to me, I can tell in the legs of the 6s that they are tighter but it doesn't seem to be at a "omg you look bad" level of tightness.

Id say keep searching because neither of these look like they will give you the challenge you seem like you want.

LockItUp
09-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Cute dress!

Honestly they both look they fit fine to me, I can tell in the legs of the 6s that they are tighter but it doesn't seem to be at a "omg you look bad" level of tightness.

Id say keep searching because neither of these look like they will give you the challenge you seem like you want.

I agree. And I LOVE that dresss!!!

berryblondeboys
09-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Ok... but some jeans today. I decided to go with a size 6.

Here are my current jeans (taken at home). Size 10 DKNY... I realize now that they are a bit frumpy, but because of the lycra, they don't fall down. I'll still wear them though.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0006-2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0008-2.jpg

Here are a size 8 Lucky brand with a skinny leg (or straight):

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0001-2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0002-2.jpg

And here are a size 6 in Lucky Brand, boot cut. This is the FIRST pair of boot cut that I like. They don't have a huge flare. These are the ones I bought. I 'could' wear them today. The sales associate (who was actually helpful and not pushy) and another lady there who was trying on jeans says they're wearable now. I hardly have a muffin top and I purposefully wore a form fitting T-shirt for trying on jeans today.

I will just work on getting this to fit and look better:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0004-2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0005-2.jpg

I grabbed a couple size 4s too. I knew they would be tooooooo small, but I wanted to see if they would ever be a possibility. And no way. I think 6 will be the smallest jeans size I will be able to go. These are the exact jeans I got: http://www.luckybrand.com/Sofia-Boot-Jeans/LBW01309,default,pd.html?cgid=womensJeans&selectedColor=460 I got them from Nordstroms where they were 40% off and then I had a $20 giftcard, so they cost $41 with tax - not bad!

Still need a large in dresses (or a 10, sometimes 12) as I have big boobies and a large chest, but wow!!! In a few months I might be wearing all size 6s on bottom! (We'll see!)

healthyangie
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Ok... but some jeans today. I decided to go with a size 6.

Here are my current jeans (taken at home). Size 10 DKNY... I realize now that they are a bit frumpy, but because of the lycra, they don't fall down. I'll still wear them though.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0006-2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0008-2.jpg

Here are a size 8 Lucky brand with a skinny leg (or straight):

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0001-2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0002-2.jpg

And here are a size 6 in Lucky Brand, boot cut. This is the FIRST pair of boot cut that I like. They don't have a huge flare. These are the ones I bought. I 'could' wear them today. The sales associate (who was actually helpful and not pushy) and another lady there who was trying on jeans says they're wearable now. I hardly have a muffin top and I purposefully wore a form fitting T-shirt for trying on jeans today.

I will just work on getting this to fit and look better:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0004-2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/DSC_0005-2.jpg

I grabbed a couple size 4s too. I knew they would be tooooooo small, but I wanted to see if they would ever be a possibility. And no way. I think 6 will be the smallest jeans size I will be able to go. These are the exact jeans I got: http://www.luckybrand.com/Sofia-Boot-Jeans/LBW01309,default,pd.html?cgid=womensJeans&selectedColor=460 I got them from Nordstroms where they were 40% off and then I had a $20 giftcard, so they cost $41 with tax - not bad!

Still need a large in dresses (or a 10, sometimes 12) as I have big boobies and a large chest, but wow!!! In a few months I might be wearing all size 6s on bottom! (We'll see!)

I like the size 6 lucky boot cut ... they look good, but snug enough that they would be considered a goal pants ,... You look awesome!

konablue
10-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Berry you look awesome! I second the size 6 Lucky boot cut. Very cute!

healthyangie
10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
So how'd it go? And what jeans did you pick?

mirax3
10-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Off topic and I do apologize, but is this event through the Columbia Assoc. in MD? If so, I want to join in too!

You look fabulous in all of the jeans. The Lucky Brand jeans are my favorite- that's a great wash on you.

losermom
10-06-2012, 12:50 PM

Not so fast! I lost my boobs at the very end. Even though I wear a 32DD, most of my tops are now a med or small.

Berry, you look great and we're not that far off in size. I'll admit that I'm pretty cheap and that most of my jeans are from thrift stores (gotta love Platos Closet) so I don't really know how old they are. But when I take jeans in a dressing room, I bring anything between a 4 (especially if at TJ Maxx which is the only "real" store I shop at) and a 10. I usually buy a 6 or 8--mid rise, skinny or straight cuts. I love Calvin Klein jeans and those are usually an 8. I do have some boot cuts and trouser jeans (6) but they're not my go-to jeans. But my DD25 tells me that I wear some of my jeans too loose so who really knows.

I have too many pairs of jeans. Last winter I could not find a pair of boot cuts that I had loved the previous winter. I found them in the Spring and wore them for the first time this season yesterday. :o

losermom
10-06-2012, 12:52 PM
When I checked that What Size am I link, and added in my measurements, it determined that I'm mostly a 10. Berry, maybe we're not measuring correctly? Weird because I used to be a professional tailor so I know how to take measurements.

threekidsandasheltie
10-08-2012, 11:13 AM
love that dress! :)