Weight Loss Surgery - What to eat

View Full Version : What to eat

Sleepy
09-26-2012, 08:31 AM
I had my sergery last monday and am now on liquid diet for a month. I'm already starting to hate it. What to eat?

I'm afraid trying out new tastes like right now i'm eating tomato soup with quite some anXiety how my pouch is gonna react. Is there any food in specific you couldnt tolarate?

Sleepy
09-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Btw i'm ofically under 300 lbs.....299 :))))) love it!

jiffypop
09-26-2012, 06:26 PM
great job, Sleepy! now,about what to eat - first of all, what did your doc tell you about protein? does he/she want you to start eating more protein? use protein supplements perhaps?

it's important to watch the carbs, even though you're just on liquids. And tomato soup is loaded with carbs [sorry to have to tell you that]. Some of us pureed higher protein soups [like lentil] and that worked well.

very important: what works one day won't work the next, and the reverse is true. Just keep trying, and if something doesn't agree with you, put it aside for a few days [a week maybe] and then try it again.

it's important to keep trying instead of simply deciding that nothing will work. ya just gotta experiment to make this work.

Zeitgeist
09-26-2012, 06:57 PM
I remember consuming a lot of protein shakes and jello. I can no longer remember if the greek yogurt, applesauce, and pudding were on my first phase or second phase, but I ate those foods for months because I couldn't keep other foods down. Turns out I had a stricture that needed two endoscopies to fix. Anyway, this month will fly by and you'll be on to other foods soon enough.

:)

Sleepy
09-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Jiffypop he said I needn't worry about protein yet and after my first month we'll see. i know about the carbs in tomato soup I actally wanted some more carbs because I was so weak and got really tired after just simple tasks. I feel better now. I am worried a bit though because I haven't lost any weight since sunday :(

Sleepy
09-27-2012, 03:42 AM
Zeitgeist thanks. I know this will go by soon...I just need to start with my work and things will be 10 times better. I'm not used to have so much free time lol.

jiffypop
09-27-2012, 10:45 AM
glad you're feeling a little better. while the doc said you don't have to worry about protein, i hope you're making an effort to get SOME in daily - even if it's about 20 grams or so. you need it for healing, as well as for energy, and to maintain your bones, teeth, and everything.

keep on trying! attitude is everything - and the first three months are difficult, but it DOES get easier. i promise.

kfs151
09-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Our family's go-to soup whenever someone is under the weather is beef consomme. It is a little thicker than beef broth and gets a little protein in and the taste is usually non-objectionable. It was one of the things I had right after my surgery as I could sip on it and it didn't upset my stomach.