Weight Loss Support - GET ME OUT OF THE 170s/160s/150s

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : GET ME OUT OF THE 170s/160s/150s

LockItUp
09-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Can we have one of these here!? None of these ones in any of the other sections are very active. I'm hoping this large of a weight frame will apply to many of us as to keep this thread active.

Please join me in lamenting these pounds. Pretty please!

Any interest?

juliastl27
09-25-2012, 06:44 PM
get me out of the 190s! lolol

LockItUp
09-25-2012, 07:31 PM
LOL that works too. I just want somewhere to go to specifically complain about the scale.

juliastl27
09-25-2012, 10:03 PM
well allow me to help. every other week i lose NO weight. i can keep my calories just the same and its like my body knows its week 2 and decides not to lose. to make it worse, theres no WHOOSH the next week. its just one week on, one week off, for the past 6 weeks.

Atarimae
09-25-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm definitely down to complain about the stubborn 160s. :lol:

Krista17
09-25-2012, 11:28 PM
I will join to lament this 172 pound rut I'm in. I really want to be in the 160s. I would love to weigh less than my husband, some day.

dstalksalot
09-26-2012, 12:32 AM
well allow me to help. every other week i lose NO weight. i can keep my calories just the same and its like my body knows its week 2 and decides not to lose. to make it worse, theres no WHOOSH the next week. its just one week on, one week off, for the past 6 weeks.

Yeah, I hear you there. I will have a new low after my . ends and then go up again then have a new low again the next month. I am losing 2 maybe 3 pounds once a month now and that seems to be it. My numbers indicate about 1.5 pounds a week....not sure if my metabolism has slowed beyond the norm or if my cal count is off...??? ( I did accedentially buy and eat the full fat Greek yogurt and not the fat free kind this last week...what else am I missing?) I am here to lament the 70's I should have been to my first goal (165 no longer obese) by my one year-aversary next month but I don't see my self getting there until Christmas. 174 is better than 220-something but I am ready to move to the last 10%

TripSwitch
09-26-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm pretty close to getting out of the 150's... and I think once I'm in the 140's I'm going to take a little break and focus on really getting back into running and train for another marathon... I know from my past experience that my body settles in the 130's when I'm running seriously...

As far as those last 10 lbs., they might require some "real" work... and by that I mean a visit to a good plastic surgeon... lol...

I guess we'll see...

LockItUp
09-26-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm glad to have company. So we are agreed we can just come here and complain!? And then come here and celebrate even the smallest loss! YAY!

Was 161 this morning, that's a .6 loss! I really want to start October in the 150s!

Let me ask you all something, honest answers please: I have 2 scales in my bathroom. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being certifiable, how crazy is that? If it makes any difference (as though it would, LOL), 1 is a digital, and 1 is an old school spring scale (it always weighs me less).

juliastl27
09-26-2012, 05:21 PM
190.7 this morning? COME ON!

i never use the analog scales, its too easy to fudge with the way you stand on it.

LockItUp
09-26-2012, 05:50 PM
i never use the analog scales, its too easy to fudge with the way you stand on it.

EXACTLY! I can be 156 if I lean ALLLLL the way forward. Which is why I keep the scale, it makes me happy. Then my other scale makes me sad.

juliastl27
09-26-2012, 07:21 PM
EXACTLY! I can be 156 if I lean ALLLLL the way forward. Which is why I keep the scale, it makes me happy. Then my other scale makes me sad.

Haha. Thats exactly why I steer clear. Id rather be sad than have false hope. Call me an optimist....

LockItUp
09-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Haha. Thats exactly why I steer clear. Id rather be sad than have false hope. Call me an optimist....

I guess that makes me a masochist. :joker:

In all seriousness though, I think I have a decent chance of getting out of the 160s by Oct 1st! FINGERS CROSSED!

juliastl27
09-26-2012, 08:02 PM
totally. you can do it!

stimkovs
09-26-2012, 09:49 PM
late 170s, early 180s, a pint of ice cream last night and avoiding the scale like the plague.

ate like, around 1600 cals today, which is good with my activity levels as my personal goals are between 1700 and 1800s. but i never want to see the 180s again.

lets keep this thread going! if tomorrow is good, i will weigh friday morning, as i havent weighed since monday. monday was a clean day, tuesday- not so much. haha
awesome.

Meeel4121
09-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Can I join?

I have been in the 150's for nearly a year now. Yep. My weight loss has been non-existent since December of last year. Between August 2011 and December 2011 I lost just over 30 pounds (14 kilos to be exact), and since then I've gotten down to 150, to then shoot back up to 152.5, which is my sweet spot.

This has been with eating max 1500 calories a day and working out on average 5 days a week (running, interval sprints, pump classes).

My lack of progress has really got me down this week. I am in my 2nd week of starting Yasmin BC and I am bloated and have gained.
For the past couple of months I have been illogically cold (like purple with goosebumps whilst wearing 3 layers of clothing during winter), my TOM has been messed up and I am so tired ad stressed.
This past week, everything seems to have just gotten too much. My eating has been horrible, and I have no motivation to work out.

I am just down in the dumps and wanting desperately to get out of the 150's!

Thanks for letting me unload

stimkovs
09-27-2012, 07:57 AM
I weighed. BAD idea. 184.4. after tuesdays little food situation that is not illogical, BUT STILL.

LockItUp
09-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Glad to see we have a few more joining us!!!!!!!

Meeel - Have you thought about going to the dr about the coldness and TOM trouble? I wonder if it is nutrition related, and then maybe all of that is connected to your long weight stall?

Maybe this is your time though! Let's get out of the 150s!!!

Sofie - I can never resist weighing after an indulgence. I was stalled at 179 (and a few above) for like 6 weeks back at the beginning of July. It was SO FRUSTRATING!!!

How is everyone else doing?

I was 160 even this morning! GREAT, but I couldn't help but hurt for that .2 that would put be in the 150s! I'm just 5 pounds away from normal! It's SOOOOOO CLOSE!

Beach Patrol
09-27-2012, 10:27 AM
ACK. I want OUT of the 150's.... but NOT into the 160's! LOL!!!!

I've been in the 150's for over 8 months. After my low of 153 in May, I am now at 159, with an occasional 160 showing every now & then. ACK, ACK, ACK. :shrug:

I simply have to stop this crazy sugar binge fest I've been on. I've used every "trick" I know & yet still.... but hey! - NSV last night! - I had ONE serving of a treat & then went for a 30-minute bike ride. So, yay me! :woohoo:

Colliea21
09-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I am at 166.8 right now but in TOM...the lowest I have seen in this past week was 164.4...I can't wait to see an even 160. I hope to be at 155 by Halloween. I have to, actually, I must look good in my costume :D

LockItUp
09-27-2012, 08:19 PM
ACK. I want OUT of the 150's.... but NOT into the 160's! LOL!!!!

I've been in the 150's for over 8 months. After my low of 153 in May, I am now at 159, with an occasional 160 showing every now & then. ACK, ACK, ACK. :shrug:

I simply have to stop this crazy sugar binge fest I've been on. I've used every "trick" I know & yet still.... but hey! - NSV last night! - I had ONE serving of a treat & then went for a 30-minute bike ride. So, yay me! :woohoo:

All those little successes do add up. Do you think something triggered the sugar binge? Or just totally sick of trying to lose weight (I know I certainly get sick of it)?

I am at 166.8 right now but in TOM...the lowest I have seen in this past week was 164.4...I can't wait to see an even 160. I hope to be at 155 by Halloween. I have to, actually, I must look good in my costume :D

My goal is 155 by Halloween too!

stimkovs
09-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Stephanie- .2 is a reason to stay on track!!

beachpatrol- ATLEAST YOU'RE IN THE 160S!!!. I saw them for 2 minutes once. it was nice. hahaha

my goal is 175. by halloween (aka by sept 1st, and aug 1st, and...yeah, you get what i mean hahaha).

its after 10 pm. i've done 2 workouts, and i've only eaten about 1000 calories?? WHAT IS THIS MESS. i think im going to go choke down a little cottage cheese, otherwise the fridge will be eaten tomorrow.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU BODY??? hahahaha.

LockItUp
09-28-2012, 12:38 AM
JUST BOUGHT MY 1st PAIR OF SIZE 10s (which is a little odd since I weighed 142 back in '06)!!!! Ya, several of the size 10 skirts were way too small, but holy crap, a size 10. I don't even care if it's vanity sizing, it's a 10!

Fingers cross to see the 150s in the morning (my night weight is promising!!)!!

Sofie- Hope the scale rewards you for your hard work!!! If not tomorrow then soon!!!

Moving Forward
09-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Hi ladies. Mind if I join you? I seriously need a place to rant about the scale. If I owned two, I would use them both. I'm sure of it--especially the one that said nice things to me. ;)

The problem with my scale is that it doesn't budge much, even though I've been so good. I'm counting calories and should be losing at least a pound a week. Not happening! The past few days I ate more and finally registered a small loss this morning at 168.9. What?!

juliastl27
09-28-2012, 01:06 AM
im having an emotional day, hahahaha. my weigh in this morning didnt go so hot. im back to where i was 2 weeks ago even though ive been on plan.

on the other hand, i got into a size 14 pair of jeans that definitely havent fit for a while. i think even like 2 weeks ago i couldnt get them buttoned. theyre still snug, but definitely not like they were.

i dont know whether to be happy or sad :dizzy:

stimkovs
09-28-2012, 06:41 AM
180.0 flat. ill take it.

now to stay on for the day. i'm going for drinks with a girlfriend tonight, so i need to eat pretty low in order to see the 170's tomorrow. fingers crossed!

(also, guess i'm back on the weighing bandwagon haha).

LockItUp
09-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Hi ladies. Mind if I join you? I seriously need a place to rant about the scale. If I owned two, I would use them both. I'm sure of it--especially the one that said nice things to me. ;)

The problem with my scale is that it doesn't budge much, even though I've been so good. I'm counting calories and should be losing at least a pound a week. Not happening! The past few days I ate more and finally registered a small loss this morning at 168.9. What?!

Yes! Join us! I've had that happen a couple times -- upped my cals and lost after a little stall. I don't know how it happens, but I just go with it!

im having an emotional day, hahahaha. my weigh in this morning didnt go so hot. im back to where i was 2 weeks ago even though ive been on plan.

on the other hand, i got into a size 14 pair of jeans that definitely havent fit for a while. i think even like 2 weeks ago i couldnt get them buttoned. theyre still snug, but definitely not like they were.

i dont know whether to be happy or sad :dizzy:

HAPPY! Definitely happy! I think it's a good sign the scale will whoosh soon, obviously you are losing fat if your jeans fit now and didn't 2 weeks ago!

180.0 flat. ill take it.

now to stay on for the day. i'm going for drinks with a girlfriend tonight, so i need to eat pretty low in order to see the 170's tomorrow. fingers crossed!

(also, guess i'm back on the weighing bandwagon haha).

WOOOOO! That's great! What's the plan today? And what drinks to you have when you go out? Lately I've been a Jack and Coke Zero fanatic. At 69 calories per ounce, it's a great alternative for me!

159.6 this morning!!! OMG! I honestly never thought I'd see the 150s again. Once I'm under 155 I'm considered a normal weight according to BMI. Ya, I know BMI is flawed and outdated (I agree), but I still don't want to be considered overweight by the standard most doctors use!

On cloud 9 today being in the 150s and wearing my size 10s! Hope you ladies all have a good day!!!

Beach Patrol
09-28-2012, 11:38 AM
All those little successes do add up. Do you think something triggered the sugar binge? Or just totally sick of trying to lose weight (I know I certainly get sick of it)?

Oh yes, I know what triggers my sugar binges. SUGAR. That is not meant to be snarky, but the bottom line is that when I eat something that is cakey, or donuty, or candy, etc. my blood sugar goes whacko & all I want to do is.... EAT MORE SUGAR. :shrug: I know it's bad. I know that eating sugar makes me want to eat sugar, and I know the best way to handle it is to NOT EAT IT AT ALL. But from experience, I have gotten completely off sugar twice in my past dieting life, and I swear, all it did was make me miserable after a few months. And when I finally "broke down"... you guessed it! - Crazy insatiable binges that led to gaining even MORE weight than I'd managed to lose. Sigh. :(

And yeah, I am totally sick of trying to lose weight. My dream is to be able to eat anything & everything I want & not gain a single ounce. But my mama already done tol'me that ain't happ'nin!! And so I continue to TRY to not gain anymore, and TRY to continue losing. I'm just... STUCK. Like a wildebeast in a tarpit. Ugh. :mad:

stimkovs
09-28-2012, 03:13 PM
stephanie- that's awesome!! woooo 150's!! i don't think i've seen those....EVER. seriouly. EVER. how crazy is that? Stay in there!! i'd say if you exercise, you're already at a normal weight, but totally know the feeling of hitting a "normal" BMI. that's definitely my goal as well!

as for DRANKS, i drink rye and diets (so pretty much the same as jack and coke zero's. but you know, being canadian and all, gotta go for the canadian rye whiskey :P hahaha). the girlfriend i am going out with tonight is a wino and a half sometimes, i may sip on some red wine. my goal is to keep it at 2-3 drinks, TOPS.

beach patrol- i know what you mean by the sugar leads to more sugar. I LOOOOOOVE sugar. i consume 0 sugar (outside of fructose) during my regular days, but you know, sometimes...yum. i found what has worked the best for me in the past, is to hold out, and eat a REALLY small, and REALLY decadent dessert when it crosses my path. none of these regular cupcakes, no from the box cake, but if i see something that would be classified more as "food art" then, well, sugar from the box- then i don't even count. i indulge.

LockItUp
09-28-2012, 09:23 PM
My day started out so wonderful, so why do I feel so horrible about myself 12 hours later?

I posted some before, and so-far, pics on my blog, and all I can see is how much weight I still have to lose. How can this be??? I look so much fatter in pictures than I do when I look in the mirror. I must have a totally distorted vision of myself. The scale tells me I should look relatively normal, but all I can see in the picture is FAT. I'm NOT looking for compliments or consolation, I just want to understand how to feel good about myself. UG, maybe I just won't take anymore pictures, problem solved. Sometimes I feel like I go out of my way to ensure my self confidence doesn't last long.

Dedicated2012
09-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I have to jump in here also...been hanging around 180 for awhile.....I have not seen 170 anything for 10 years! I want to see it again, of course 160's would be fantastic

Moving Forward
09-29-2012, 03:00 AM
LockItUp, I can certainly relate. I see pictures or unexpected glimpses of myself in the mirror and definitely experience moments of disconnect with my self-image. I know you don't want consolation, but I looked at your so-far pictures and did NOT see fat. You're looking great! Your face has totally transformed. Regardless of your weight (up or down), remember that your worth is not measured in pounds. Go back to enjoying your successes. I do believe we have choice in what we focus on and that where we decide to live emotionally makes a huge difference. I know, easier said than done!

Moving Forward
09-29-2012, 03:02 AM
Stimkovs-I hope you're having a great time tonight!

juliastl27
09-29-2012, 05:05 AM
I posted some before, and so-far, pics on my blog, and all I can see is how much weight I still have to lose. How can this be??? I look so much fatter in pictures than I do when I look in the mirror.

man, im the same way. i used to say, "why do i always look fatter/uglier in pictures?" then i wondered if maybe i was just fatter and uglier than i thought. watch video of yourself, it makes ALL the difference. pictures always seem to catch me at some bad angle with some bad lighting and some horrible expression on my face. i have a picture of me at my highest weight ever and ive never shown anyone because i seriously look like a backwoods monster. it looks like i have no teeth and am about 100 lbs fatter than i already was.

novangel
09-29-2012, 10:40 AM
I just want to stay out of the 150's and never go back! Although I have managed to accomplish that goal; my body tries very hard to go back to that comfy place. My body LOVES 155p, I don't. As long as I stay in the 140's (below 145p is ideal) I'm happy. Few more pounds to go....:carrot:

stimkovs
09-29-2012, 05:17 PM
definitely over did it last night in the drinks department, but there were no calorie dense drinks which is fine.

my very dehydrated self definitely saw 177.8 this morning , have definitely over eaten by a bunch today (2000+ calories). ALTHOUGH, i wouldn't call it a binge, more of a "i know i am doing this, it is delicious and i am okay with that".

LockItUp
09-29-2012, 10:00 PM
I have to jump in here also...been hanging around 180 for awhile.....I have not seen 170 anything for 10 years! I want to see it again, of course 160's would be fantastic

Almost there! :carrot:

LockItUp, I can certainly relate. I see pictures or unexpected glimpses of myself in the mirror and definitely experience moments of disconnect with my self-image. I know you don't want consolation, but I looked at your so-far pictures and did NOT see fat. You're looking great! Your face has totally transformed. Regardless of your weight (up or down), remember that your worth is not measured in pounds. Go back to enjoying your successes. I do believe we have choice in what we focus on and that where we decide to live emotionally makes a huge difference. I know, easier said than done!

Thank you! And you are right. I ended my pity party today, and decided to recognize my accomplishments (at least for today anyway).

man, im the same way. i used to say, "why do i always look fatter/uglier in pictures?" then i wondered if maybe i was just fatter and uglier than i thought. watch video of yourself, it makes ALL the difference. pictures always seem to catch me at some bad angle with some bad lighting and some horrible expression on my face. i have a picture of me at my highest weight ever and ive never shown anyone because i seriously look like a backwoods monster. it looks like i have no teeth and am about 100 lbs fatter than i already was.

I seriously was sitting there thinking "oh dear lord here I am thinking I look amazing and I just look as fat as ever", dramatic, I know. When I get the courage I will have to record myself and see if that helps. And LOL @ backwoods monster, hahahahaha.

I just want to stay out of the 150's and never go back! Although I have managed to accomplish that goal; my body tries very hard to go back to that comfy place. My body LOVES 155p, I don't. As long as I stay in the 140's (below 145p is ideal) I'm happy. Few more pounds to go....:carrot:

I keep fearing I will get stuck before I get into the 140s. It's crazy, they are so close, but mentally I still expect to see 180s on the scale.

You are so so so close!!!

definitely over did it last night in the drinks department, but there were no calorie dense drinks which is fine.

my very dehydrated self definitely saw 177.8 this morning , have definitely over eaten by a bunch today (2000+ calories). ALTHOUGH, i wouldn't call it a binge, more of a "i know i am doing this, it is delicious and i am okay with that".

Did you have a good time!? I'm impressed you saw a loss this morning, even when keeping alcohol in my calorie limit, I ALWAYS see a gain the next day.

I tried to get over my feeling-sorry-for-myself mood from yesterday, and for the most part I did.

I'm so impatient to get under 155, I hope I sail on through and don't hit an annoying stall. I know they are normal, but I'm just so d@mn close I just want to get there!

DrivenByAmbition
09-29-2012, 10:25 PM
I want to be out of the 160s soon.

Meeel4121
09-29-2012, 10:46 PM
LockItUp - I totally understand how you feel about just wanting to be done with it. But then I get moments where I become so worried about regaining, that I guess I resigned myself to being constantly in the losing frame of mind, just to prevent weight gain. I know that you can be in the 'I'm losing weight' frame of mind and not be actually losing weight (pretty much sums up most of my teenage years), but the accountability mode you fall into when you're actively trying to lose weight, I feel, is something that comes with maintenance.

juliastl27 & LockItUp - I have the exact same problem. I think it's because you see yourself every day in the mirror, so you don't see the dramatic change that a number of pounds can do. I actually don't recognise myself in half of my old photos. I never realised how big I was.

stimkovs - do you drink on a regular basis? I don't. But I do find that when I do drink (like numerous drinks on a night out or at a party) I do have a temporary drop the next day.

I've had a horrible weekend. But, it's been different to the out of control, depressed state I've been on week. I'm in the middle of a weekend which has consisted of 3 21st parties (one of which was an overnight stay at one of the big hotels in Sydney) and 2 football grand final games. I've eaten way to much, I'm tired, but I figured after the week I've had with myself, I've given myself a free pass (with eating, have continued to exercise), and then tomorrow, I'm starting up again.

I'm going to try to put more protein into my diet whilst upping my calories to 1700. I'm trying to get my energy levels back up again, and give my body some leeway while it adjusts to the hormones floating around my body.

Moving Forward
09-29-2012, 11:32 PM
This is a little off topic, but definitely made me stop and think. I have a good friend who knows I'm losing weight that I don't see very often. She said today that she was excited to see what I will look like when she sees me again--which will be in about four months. At that moment, I had this giant fear-of-failure tidal wave wash over me. Four months! I just freaked out! I guess I'm going to try my own advice here and choose not to let fear lead me... Any words of wisdom anyone else has to offer?

CleverName
09-30-2012, 02:38 AM
Hi everyone, I'd love to join this group.
LockItUp, with you in the 150's now, I'll be all alone in the 160s thread. Great idea to start this thread!

Nayshal
09-30-2012, 03:43 AM
Last week I was on the "get me out of 170!". This week I'll be in the "get me out of 160!" I'm just losing weight way quicker now than when I started. Probably still water weight but hey, a loss is a loss. Weighed in today at 167.4, down 4 pounds from 171.4 on Tuesday.

Question: I've been feeling this warm sensation like while working out, you can feel your body heat up and feel like anytime steam would be coming out of your arms. I've had this since last week even when not exercising. It feels warm but I'm not even sweating. My sister was like "spontaneous human combustion!"...that kid :lol:

stimkovs
09-30-2012, 09:10 AM
LockItUp- I know what you mean! But another thing I found about pictures is that when you lose weight, your body changes, and previous "flattering" shots, are no longer flattering! Keep going and it will get better eventually!

novangel- it's always those last few lbs isn't it. the lower decade. drives me nuts!

MovingForward- that's awesome! please don't be discouraged. here is the thing, even if you're not loosing weight, and you're maintaining- you're doing better then many people, who are gaining! also, even if you don't lose weight, but continue to exercise, your body continues to tone and become more defined!

Meele4121- yes i do typically drink (i would say, about once a week or every 2 weeks is the most frequent, although it's been more like once a week now haha). I always see a drop, but my personal theory is that, I do a tonne of hot yoga, so my body often retains lots of water. alcohol being a diuretic- well, yeah..... i also drink less water when im having drinks.

LockItUp
09-30-2012, 11:15 AM
LockItUp - I totally understand how you feel about just wanting to be done with it. But then I get moments where I become so worried about regaining, that I guess I resigned myself to being constantly in the losing frame of mind, just to prevent weight gain. I know that you can be in the 'I'm losing weight' frame of mind and not be actually losing weight (pretty much sums up most of my teenage years), but the accountability mode you fall into when you're actively trying to lose weight, I feel, is something that comes with maintenance.

juliastl27 & LockItUp - I have the exact same problem. I think it's because you see yourself every day in the mirror, so you don't see the dramatic change that a number of pounds can do. I actually don't recognise myself in half of my old photos. I never realised how big I was.

stimkovs - do you drink on a regular basis? I don't. But I do find that when I do drink (like numerous drinks on a night out or at a party) I do have a temporary drop the next day.

I've had a horrible weekend. But, it's been different to the out of control, depressed state I've been on week. I'm in the middle of a weekend which has consisted of 3 21st parties (one of which was an overnight stay at one of the big hotels in Sydney) and 2 football grand final games. I've eaten way to much, I'm tired, but I figured after the week I've had with myself, I've given myself a free pass (with eating, have continued to exercise), and then tomorrow, I'm starting up again.

I'm going to try to put more protein into my diet whilst upping my calories to 1700. I'm trying to get my energy levels back up again, and give my body some leeway while it adjusts to the hormones floating around my body.

I kind of feel like that too, like even when I get to goal that I'll still need to like "pretend" I'm losing weight, otherwise I'll gain it back (like I did before).

As far as your weekend, it sounds like it was a lot of fun! I've definitely had weekends like that. Upping protein is always (IMO) a good thing.

This is a little off topic, but definitely made me stop and think. I have a good friend who knows I'm losing weight that I don't see very often. She said today that she was excited to see what I will look like when she sees me again--which will be in about four months. At that moment, I had this giant fear-of-failure tidal wave wash over me. Four months! I just freaked out! I guess I'm going to try my own advice here and choose not to let fear lead me... Any words of wisdom anyone else has to offer?

I actually think that's totally ON topic. I would be thinking the same thing. I try not to look past the current month because I guess I just don't trust myself. Try not to even think about it and just keep doing what you are doing!!!

Hi everyone, I'd love to join this group.
LockItUp, with you in the 150's now, I'll be all alone in the 160s thread. Great idea to start this thread!

Glad you are here!!!

Last week I was on the "get me out of 170!". This week I'll be in the "get me out of 160!" I'm just losing weight way quicker now than when I started. Probably still water weight but hey, a loss is a loss. Weighed in today at 167.4, down 4 pounds from 171.4 on Tuesday.

Question: I've been feeling this warm sensation like while working out, you can feel your body heat up and feel like anytime steam would be coming out of your arms. I've had this since last week even when not exercising. It feels warm but I'm not even sweating. My sister was like "spontaneous human combustion!"...that kid :lol:

LOL I got this visual of someone on the elliptical with steam just billowing off them. It may be just the extra blood flow making you feel warm all over. Like a big hug from the workout fairies! LOL @ your sister!

LockItUp- I know what you mean! But another thing I found about pictures is that when you lose weight, your body changes, and previous "flattering" shots, are no longer flattering! Keep going and it will get better eventually!

novangel- it's always those last few lbs isn't it. the lower decade. drives me nuts!

MovingForward- that's awesome! please don't be discouraged. here is the thing, even if you're not loosing weight, and you're maintaining- you're doing better then many people, who are gaining! also, even if you don't lose weight, but continue to exercise, your body continues to tone and become more defined!

Meele4121- yes i do typically drink (i would say, about once a week or every 2 weeks is the most frequent, although it's been more like once a week now haha). I always see a drop, but my personal theory is that, I do a tonne of hot yoga, so my body often retains lots of water. alcohol being a diuretic- well, yeah..... i also drink less water when im having drinks.

D@mn it I want to be hot at every angle! Guess I just have more work to do!

I had a 2 pound whoosh this morning! I stepped on the scale several times, then on my 2nd scale several times (LOL), just to make sure it was for real! Now I'm thinking, hmmmm is it possible I will see the 140s in October!? That would be insane!!! I was having a hard time wrapping my head around being in the 160s! It just seems like there's no way I could be getting this close to my goal weight.

Lambiechop
09-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi guys! Can I join you? I finally busted out of the 180s today. I haven't seen 17-anything since I was 15. Almost 13 years ago. Hoping the trend will continue downward. It took forever to get out of the 180s.

LockItUp
09-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi guys! Can I join you? I finally busted out of the 180s today. I haven't seen 17-anything since I was 15. Almost 13 years ago. Hoping the trend will continue downward. It took forever to get out of the 180s.

YES, do join! The more the merrier!

The 180s were a beast for me too. There was something about the 170s that seemed totally illusive.

Congratulations on the milestone!

stimkovs
09-30-2012, 01:07 PM
D@mn it I want to be hot at every angle! Guess I just have more work to do!

I had a 2 pound whoosh this morning! I stepped on the scale several times, then on my 2nd scale several times (LOL), just to make sure it was for real! Now I'm thinking, hmmmm is it possible I will see the 140s in October!? That would be insane!!! I was having a hard time wrapping my head around being in the 160s! It just seems like there's no way I could be getting this close to my goal weight.

i'm sure you absolutely are!! the thing is- we all have deluded visions of ourselves. for me? i still see myself EXACTLY as i saw myself at 270 lbs. whether i was a fat "skinny" girl, or whether i am now a skinny "fat" girl doesn't even really matter- it's how healthy you are!!

especially so close to the 140s. you are definitely skinny!

nina cloudstar
09-30-2012, 05:09 PM
I am coming to join in if possible!! I am so close to the 150s now, hopefully will get there this week!! My secret aim is to get into the 130s by Christmas.... the thought of that is filling me with nervous excitement right now!! But if I keep going as I have been the past month, I think I can do it!

LockItUp
09-30-2012, 05:36 PM
I am coming to join in if possible!! I am so close to the 150s now, hopefully will get there this week!! My secret aim is to get into the 130s by Christmas.... the thought of that is filling me with nervous excitement right now!! But if I keep going as I have been the past month, I think I can do it!

Absolutely! And that is my goal exactly!!! We are getting so close!!!!!!!

LockItUp
09-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Ok so 2 things:

#1: I got a new scale (I know, I know). BUT I threw out the old digital one and put the analog one away (I think the analog will be perfect for maintenance). I like it, and I will only use 1 scale from now on as to minimize my craziness. :dizzy:

#2: My MIL called and invited us to dinner (my ILs live on the next street), which I was happy about because now I don't have to cook dinner for the kids and DH! But they are having spaghetti, and that just doesn't fit into my current plan at all. I have been eating dinner really early (before 4pm) and I haven't been having things that high in carbs that late in the day either. This isn't my normal way of eating, but I've just been a little more strict lately after such a bad month in August, which included my birthday (cake! lots of cake!), then my FILs birthday 3 weeks ago, then my niece's birthday a few days later, then my BILs birthday a week and a half ago (CAKE CAKE CAKE). Anyway, luckily they don't care if I eat or not, they know I'm losing weight, and can be high maintenance about foods. So earlier I made a huge pan of zucchini, yellow squash, and white onion and whipped up a quick tomato sauce to put over it, sprinkled some Parmesan on top, and ate a crap ton of it (228 cals total - it's really amazing how much veg you can eat for so few calories) to kind of satisfy my hunger and stave off any temptation the smell of that spaghetti sauce may cause.

dstalksalot
10-01-2012, 12:06 AM
I have been doing excellent this week however I have been on vacation this weekend in Orange County and have been eating slightly off plan. Not too bad aside from a meal I shared with hubby tonight at El Torito. One meal cost me 1400 calories. Ouch. Goal next time= look at the nutrition data first before I eat it. I am over it, but I feel stupid for not looking first and crushed that I waisted my extra deficit this week on one average meal. I rarely have issues like this. I get paranoid about going off plan unintentionally.

juliastl27
10-01-2012, 12:15 AM
ugh. im so jealous of everyone making progress. im basically where i was 3 weeks ago (give or take a pound) and ive been *perfectly* on plan almost every single day. its enraging.

im feeling a little give up-ish tonight, but its probably just a bad night.

Atarimae
10-01-2012, 06:02 AM
Julia ~ I'm totally with you on that one! I've pretty much been around the same 165-167 range for a few weeks now. Okay given I lost like 6 pounds in the first week of trying the belly fat cure, the following week I got sick, hardly ate in the beginning of the week so lost another 3 pounds, then after that...all I'm seeing is maintain maintain, gain gain, lose, gain, maintain. Ugh, it's so frustrating!

...However, to be fair, I did have quite an outing with a friend on Friday. I tried to stay as much on plan as possible, but on a plan that limits sugars to 15g or less, having 3 mixed drinks and coconut milk and tapioca is a biiiiiiig cheat. :eek:

nina cloudstar
10-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Absolutely! And that is my goal exactly!!! We are getting so close!!!!!!!

I think posting in this thread was my lucky charm!!! I weighed in at 158 this morning!! WE CAN DO THIS!

LockItUp
10-01-2012, 10:16 AM
ugh. im so jealous of everyone making progress. im basically where i was 3 weeks ago (give or take a pound) and ive been *perfectly* on plan almost every single day. its enraging.

im feeling a little give up-ish tonight, but its probably just a bad night.

It can get very discouraging! The scale WILL move if you stay on track. I have had plenty of weeks (one time it was 4 straight weeks) where I lost nothing. I really thought the scale would never move again, but it did. And yours will too! Keep your head up!

I think posting in this thread was my lucky charm!!! I weighed in at 158 this morning!! WE CAN DO THIS!

WOOOOOOOO!! That's awesome! We definitely can do this!

jinee
10-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi I'm new here. 179!! I really plan to get into the 160s asap!

juliastl27
10-01-2012, 04:15 PM
feeling better today even though im up to 192. its never gonna happen if i give up. im stickin to the plan even though it feels pointless lately. itll happen for me eventually!

Rana
10-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I need this. I'm so sick and tired of 162.

I saw 161.4 lbs a week or so ago. Still at 162, though, for 3 weeks now, give or take half a pound. It's driving me nuts.

The last time I broke out of 160 was when I had a norovirus. Not recommended.

juliastl27
10-01-2012, 10:37 PM
i have the highest weight on this thread i think. its funny because i see people who are dying to get out of the 160s and all i can think is, id KILL to be in the 160s, lol.

im not trying to say they shouldnt complain, but it goes to show how everything is relative.

gailr42
10-01-2012, 11:22 PM
LockItUp - I learned a new word. Crap ton. For some reason, crap ton really tickles me. I ate a crap ton of vegetable soup tonight. LOL!

I want to get out of the 170s. I should certainly manage it sometime this month.

Moving Forward
10-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Hi ladies! I'm still trying to figure 3FC out and I lost you for a few days. I just figured out you can subscribe to a thread. That's what I need to do right? I also want to know how LockItUp copies the post to reply. That will help me respond so much easier.

So--Julia, I'm so glad you're feeling better today. Keep going and don't give up! I've definitely felt give-up-ish, only to be elated a few days later to see the scale finally give it up.

LockItUp. Yay! You are chugging along. Your recipe sounds good. I also have added "crap ton" to my vocabulary. How long do you think you have only one scale out? ;)

I can't remember the names of the gals who have joined us, but welcome!

mirax3
10-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm joining! I desperately need to be out of the 170's and 160's... I keep bouncing back between the two. Driving me nuts!

TOM is a real you know what... In pain, bloated, 3 pounds heavier, craving chocolate. Argh!!!

Meeel4121
10-02-2012, 05:04 AM
mirax3 I secretly like TOM, because I know that I always see some downward movement (however small) afterwards. I haven't had my period for a few months now, and I feel like every month I get the bloat and it doesn't go away. It really sucks being a woman.

Moving Forward - I'm not sure if you can subscribe to be thread, but to incorporate someone else's text/post into your message, you click the 'quote' option on the bottom right hand side of the individual's post, and that should do it.

juliastl27 - I can remember thinking in the 180's that I'd kill to be in the 150. Then all of a sudden you're there, and you're looking at the 130's like their your new 150's. Everything is relative. It's amazing how different some weights look on people with the same height.

So, I weighed in today after choosing to not weigh in last week. 72kg (158lbs). I am more concerned over my lack of concern than my 4 pound gain. Logically, I can feel that I am bloated. This is most likely a mixture of my bad eating last week and the effects of the pill. But I quite literally looked at the scale and thought 'oh well'.

I kind of wish that I was the girl I was a year ago. She absolutely hated her body, and became so good at saying NO. Now, I am exercising more than a year ago, but my eating is so relaxed. I just want to kick myself. I wish that I did not get any enjoyment out of food.

Tonight I am sitting on just over 1200 calories, thinking about having two 83 calorie chocolate biscuits. Last year I would have locked myself in my room and gotten over it. Today, I'm sitting here knowing that I will have those biscuits. What is wrong with me?

LockItUp
10-02-2012, 10:07 AM
i have the highest weight on this thread i think. its funny because i see people who are dying to get out of the 160s and all i can think is, id KILL to be in the 160s, lol.

im not trying to say they shouldnt complain, but it goes to show how everything is relative.

It is all relative. I thought the same thing in the 190s, and I feel no different about the 150s than I did about the 200s. Although I, of course, feel a lot better.

LockItUp - I learned a new word. Crap ton. For some reason, crap ton really tickles me. I ate a crap ton of vegetable soup tonight. LOL!

I want to get out of the 170s. I should certainly manage it sometime this month.

LOL, I do have a very colorful vocabulary.

Hi ladies! I'm still trying to figure 3FC out and I lost you for a few days. I just figured out you can subscribe to a thread. That's what I need to do right? I also want to know how LockItUp copies the post to reply. That will help me respond so much easier.

So--Julia, I'm so glad you're feeling better today. Keep going and don't give up! I've definitely felt give-up-ish, only to be elated a few days later to see the scale finally give it up.

LockItUp. Yay! You are chugging along. Your recipe sounds good. I also have added "crap ton" to my vocabulary. How long do you think you have only one scale out? ;)

I can't remember the names of the gals who have joined us, but welcome!

There's a little "quote" button on the bottom right had corner of each post. If you want to copy multiple posts you hit the little + button right next to the quote button on all the ones you want to quote then once you've chosen all the ones you want to use, you then hit the quote button on one of them and it'll copy all of them. WHEW! LOL.

And so far, just the one scale! :dizzy: I'm doing really good. It's kind of a relief.

I'm joining! I desperately need to be out of the 170's and 160's... I keep bouncing back between the two. Driving me nuts!

TOM is a real you know what... In pain, bloated, 3 pounds heavier, craving chocolate. Argh!!!

I'm with you. TOM just came for me today, BOO!

mirax3 I secretly like TOM, because I know that I always see some downward movement (however small) afterwards. I haven't had my period for a few months now, and I feel like every month I get the bloat and it doesn't go away. It really sucks being a woman.

Moving Forward - I'm not sure if you can subscribe to be thread, but to incorporate someone else's text/post into your message, you click the 'quote' option on the bottom right hand side of the individual's post, and that should do it.

juliastl27 - I can remember thinking in the 180's that I'd kill to be in the 150. Then all of a sudden you're there, and you're looking at the 130's like their your new 150's. Everything is relative. It's amazing how different some weights look on people with the same height.

So, I weighed in today after choosing to not weigh in last week. 72kg (158lbs). I am more concerned over my lack of concern than my 4 pound gain. Logically, I can feel that I am bloated. This is most likely a mixture of my bad eating last week and the effects of the pill. But I quite literally looked at the scale and thought 'oh well'.

I kind of wish that I was the girl I was a year ago. She absolutely hated her body, and became so good at saying NO. Now, I am exercising more than a year ago, but my eating is so relaxed. I just want to kick myself. I wish that I did not get any enjoyment out of food.

Tonight I am sitting on just over 1200 calories, thinking about having two 83 calorie chocolate biscuits. Last year I would have locked myself in my room and gotten over it. Today, I'm sitting here knowing that I will have those biscuits. What is wrong with me?

I wished so many times I'd all of a sudden be that person who has to remind yourself to eat because food is inconsequential. I don't think that'll ever happen to me though! THROW THE BISCUITS AWAY!!!! Seriously, don't torture yourself!

Up ANOTHER pounds this morning (refuse to change ticker), TOM started so I know that's why. Calories were good yesterday. It gets frustrating when the scale goes up even if you know why and that it will go back down. There's a little part of me that thinks maybe my body is that one special freak of nature that can gain weight in a calorie deficit.

CleverName
10-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Up ANOTHER pounds this morning (refuse to change ticker), TOM started so I know that's why. Calories were good yesterday. It gets frustrating when the scale goes up even if you know why and that it will go back down. There's a little part of me that thinks maybe my body is that one special freak of nature that can gain weight in a calorie deficit.

LOL, I never change the ticker up higher. If I gain, the ticker just stays the same until I get back to that number. :)

I am not losing- but not gaining. I am going away for 12 days, but I think this might actually help me lose. We are staying at the IL's, and since its not my house/kitchen/food, I think I'll eat better and not snack or eat things I shouldn't. :) Plus we'll be busy and doing lots, so that will help too.

I'm adding in some dancing carrots since my 4 yo always asks to see one, and I need to scroll through pages looking for one. :dizzy:

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

kateleestar
10-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Hello alllllllll!!

I'm Katie.. I'm trying to get out of the 170's via a "gain" during a pre-meditated month long break... Currently at 18X.something, but back on strict plan as of Sunday, and I'm already down four pounds, :lol: ... crazy water weight.

SO. Hi, there, hello. I've subscribed to this thread, so... sorry in advance! :rofl:

:D

LockItUp
10-02-2012, 02:59 PM
LOL, I never change the ticker up higher. If I gain, the ticker just stays the same until I get back to that number. :)

I am not losing- but not gaining. I am going away for 12 days, but I think this might actually help me lose. We are staying at the IL's, and since its not my house/kitchen/food, I think I'll eat better and not snack or eat things I shouldn't. :) Plus we'll be busy and doing lots, so that will help too.

I'm adding in some dancing carrots since my 4 yo always asks to see one, and I need to scroll through pages looking for one. :dizzy:

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

LOL!!!! My 3 yr old does the same thing with the carrots!

How do your ILs eat? My ILs eat terribly and always have the most horrible (meaning delicious) treats and super high cal dinners.

Hello alllllllll!!

I'm Katie.. I'm trying to get out of the 170's via a "gain" during a pre-meditated month long break... Currently at 18X.something, but back on strict plan as of Sunday, and I'm already down four pounds, :lol: ... crazy water weight.

SO. Hi, there, hello. I've subscribed to this thread, so... sorry in advance! :rofl:

Hello! Water weight IS crazy isn't it!? It's weird to think that many pounds of water can be hiding out in your body!

stimkovs
10-02-2012, 03:25 PM
....still here.

still working out.

still eating crap. HA.

although, today. i am PLANNING to eat 1800 calories. of healthy. CURRENTLY eating a crap-ton (ha ha) of chicken breast/baked squash) for a whoppin 350 cals. literally, crap ton. like, i can't even finish it.

i've already done a kettlebell workout, and c25k w4d2, yoga is tonight and i want to be well fueled. given that my BRM is around 1600, kettlebell burns around 800, running about 300, and yoga about 600, i will be eating ALLLLLL day :D

which is perfect. haha

LockItUp
10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm really excited "crap ton" is catching on. I've always thought it to be a very descriptive and accurate term to use in certain circumstances. HA!

Dang, Sofie, you are a workout maniac today! Making me feel extremely lazy. TO THE GYM TONIGHT!

CleverName
10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
IL's like to cook, like to drink wine. I am limited with wine though, depending on when baby has last eaten- I'm nursing full time. So I don't need to worry too much about lots of alcohol calories. My FIL is working on losing weight, so there should be good options.
I think the thing that is really killing my weight loss though is snacking and after 8pm snacking. So I think this might not be too much of a problem. We shall see. :)

stimkovs
10-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Stephanie- i have never had issues with the workouts, I enjoy it, the endorphins are great, and it seems to balance out my "anxious" personality, not complaining. Plus, I do have a "crap tonne" of time on my hands - looking for a job and all, so I mean, why not?

Moving Forward
10-02-2012, 10:37 PM
....still here.

still working out.

still eating crap. HA.

although, today. i am PLANNING to eat 1800 calories. of healthy. CURRENTLY eating a crap-ton (ha ha) of chicken breast/baked squash) for a whoppin 350 cals. literally, crap ton. like, i can't even finish it.

i've already done a kettlebell workout, and c25k w4d2, yoga is tonight and i want to be well fueled. given that my BRM is around 1600, kettlebell burns around 800, running about 300, and yoga about 600, i will be eating ALLLLLL day :D

which is perfect. haha

If I could have a small fraction of your energy! That's amazing. I need to get on my treadmill (actually procrastinating right now-ha!). But we are having a heat wave right now and my motivation to move from the fan so that I can go sweat is zippo.

I'm really excited "crap ton" is catching on. I've always thought it to be a very descriptive and accurate term to use in certain circumstances. HA!

Dang, Sofie, you are a workout maniac today! Making me feel extremely lazy. TO THE GYM TONIGHT!

I foresee "crap ton" making it into the next revision of Websters.

I think I also figured this quoting thing out. Thanks!

IL's like to cook, like to drink wine. I am limited with wine though, depending on when baby has last eaten- I'm nursing full time. So I don't need to worry too much about lots of alcohol calories. My FIL is working on losing weight, so there should be good options.
I think the thing that is really killing my weight loss though is snacking and after 8pm snacking. So I think this might not be too much of a problem. We shall see. :)

Good luck at the IL's. I was randomly thinking in the shower about how the holidays are going to go visiting my IL's for days. They don't even know I'm on a diet and I don't want to hear all the great advice I'm going to get. I'm debating whether or not to bring my Vitamixer and foods to keep me on plan. What to do...?

Hello alllllllll!!

Welcome Katie!

juliastl27
10-03-2012, 01:26 AM
I secretly like TOM, because I know that I always see some downward movement (however small) afterwards.

i NEVER get the "whoosh". i usually end up right back where i was after the TOM gain.

I can remember thinking in the 180's that I'd kill to be in the 150. Then all of a sudden you're there, and you're looking at the 130's like their your new 150's.

ugh, i know. when i finally got to goal last time i thought about lowering it to 130 but that seemed like itd require miracles of biblical proportion. i just didnt HATE myself at 150, so it didnt seem as bad.

"THROW THE BISCUITS AWAY!!!! Seriously, don't torture yourself!"
^agreed. ive done this with entire trays of brownies and cakes that had 3 pieces eaten and then got left at my house.

"Up ANOTHER pounds this morning (refuse to change ticker)"
hahahahaha. i totally do that also. at least i was back to 190 today

Meeel4121
10-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Confession: I didn't throw the biscuits away. I had two. But I logged them, and was still under my calories for the day. So, I guess it wasn't horrible.

weighed in today. Down 2 pounds. Don't you just love water fluctuations?

Went for a job interview today. It wasn't great. Then had lunch out with my dad. It wasn't the best meal choice, but I've logged it and am eating lighter for the rest of the day. I've come to the realisation that I need to make changes that are permanent and flexible. I think that I need to focus on balance. I'm not going to put a timeline on getting to goal, but I refuse to allow myself to gain.

HappyHoliday
10-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks CleverName, for recommending this thread.
I'm at 154.4 (about fourth day at this weight). My next goal is 150 so nearly there..

stimkovs
10-03-2012, 09:21 AM
sorry chickies, this fancy quoting thing? takes too much effort. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE. Like, sore. Like, inflamed knees, sore shoulders, back, abs, and everything in the middle kinda sore. Sore Knees though?

Scale? No me gusta today. 182.2 GRRRRRRRR (yes water retention from being sore, don't care, UNDER 180 OR STOP YOUR MOCKERY STUPID DAMN SCALE).

Also, remnant of being fat. I got chafe. aka roadrash. from running.
you'll never guess where.

ready?

you sure?

grab your seats.

under my arms. it hurts. HAHA. really though?

guess i now need new runners, AND some seamless running gear??

Moving Forward- my secret is caffeine/ fructose (fruit) Basically, the energy surge without the calories.

LockItUp
10-03-2012, 11:00 AM

I didn't know you were nursing still! That's great! I had a terrible time nursing both my kids (DD is 3, DS is 9 months), I lasted about 4 weeks with both. When I quit nursing DS I kept eating like I was and gained 12 pounds back within about 6 to 8 weeks! That was my wake up call!

Snacking. . . my danger zone is around 2pm. I will not eat after dinner unless I have a lifting session in which I will have a protein shake after. BUT that afternoon hunger hits me and it can be very dangerous! I typically will have dinner very early (like at 4) to combat the beast. It's funny how everyone has different times they struggle during the day.

Stephanie- i have never had issues with the workouts, I enjoy it, the endorphins are great, and it seems to balance out my "anxious" personality, not complaining. Plus, I do have a "crap tonne" of time on my hands - looking for a job and all, so I mean, why not?

I always like it while I'm doing it (well, most of the time), it's just getting myself to do it that can be the struggle!

sorry chickies, this fancy quoting thing? takes too much effort. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE. Like, sore. Like, inflamed knees, sore shoulders, back, abs, and everything in the middle kinda sore. Sore Knees though?

Scale? No me gusta today. 182.2 GRRRRRRRR (yes water retention from being sore, don't care, UNDER 180 OR STOP YOUR MOCKERY STUPID DAMN SCALE).

Also, remnant of being fat. I got chafe. aka roadrash. from running.
you'll never guess where.

ready?

you sure?

grab your seats.

under my arms. it hurts. HAHA. really though?

guess i now need new runners, AND some seamless running gear??

Moving Forward- my secret is caffeine/ fructose (fruit) Basically, the energy surge without the calories.

Dang girl, sounds like you over did it! And OOOOOOH the chafe! That's horrible! Maybe get some of that glide stuff, or use vaseline. Even the skinnies chafe sometimes!

Thanks CleverName, for recommending this thread.
I'm at 154.4 (about fourth day at this weight). My next goal is 150 so nearly there..

You are getting close!!!

Confession: I didn't throw the biscuits away. I had two. But I logged them, and was still under my calories for the day. So, I guess it wasn't horrible.

weighed in today. Down 2 pounds. Don't you just love water fluctuations?

Went for a job interview today. It wasn't great. Then had lunch out with my dad. It wasn't the best meal choice, but I've logged it and am eating lighter for the rest of the day. I've come to the realisation that I need to make changes that are permanent and flexible. I think that I need to focus on balance. I'm not going to put a timeline on getting to goal, but I refuse to allow myself to gain.

Hey, 2 isn't bad at all! AND you are down! :carrot: That's GREAT! I think it's a great idea to choose a way of living and losing weight that is premanent, flexible, balanced, and steady!

I secretly like TOM, because I know that I always see some downward movement (however small) afterwards.

i NEVER get the "whoosh". i usually end up right back where i was after the TOM gain.

I can remember thinking in the 180's that I'd kill to be in the 150. Then all of a sudden you're there, and you're looking at the 130's like their your new 150's.

ugh, i know. when i finally got to goal last time i thought about lowering it to 130 but that seemed like itd require miracles of biblical proportion. i just didnt HATE myself at 150, so it didnt seem as bad.

"THROW THE BISCUITS AWAY!!!! Seriously, don't torture yourself!"
^agreed. ive done this with entire trays of brownies and cakes that had 3 pieces eaten and then got left at my house.

"Up ANOTHER pounds this morning (refuse to change ticker)"
hahahahaha. i totally do that also. at least i was back to 190 today

You will soon never see the 190s again!

If I could have a small fraction of your energy! That's amazing. I need to get on my treadmill (actually procrastinating right now-ha!). But we are having a heat wave right now and my motivation to move from the fan so that I can go sweat is zippo.

I foresee "crap ton" making it into the next revision of Websters.

I think I also figured this quoting thing out. Thanks!

Good luck at the IL's. I was randomly thinking in the shower about how the holidays are going to go visiting my IL's for days. They don't even know I'm on a diet and I don't want to hear all the great advice I'm going to get. I'm debating whether or not to bring my Vitamixer and foods to keep me on plan. What to do...?

Welcome Katie!

I sure hope they give me credit if it makes it into the dictionary. Just like Beyonce is synonymous with Bootylicious I want to be though of whenever someone says "crap ton" LMAO!

Well I was back down to 158 this morning. Just day 2 of TOM, so I was surprised to be down at all. I did make it to the gym last night. It was just a cardio day, and I was beat, so I just did a walk with incline intervals. But I did do a whole hour. Today is leg day, BOO! I don't so much mind the workout itself, just the 2 or 3 days of leg soreness afterwards. I did get a foam roller and that actually has helped with keeping the soreness from getting super bad. It HURTS though. I absolutely HATE any kind of stretching. It makes me feel sick!

I decided I need to cut out the mass quantities of diet soda I drink too. I need to pick a date and mentally prepare. I don't wanna, but I really need to.

stimkovs
10-03-2012, 02:10 PM
stephanie- getting yourself there: 1 banana + very large cup of coffee, going there sucks- but i just remember how GOOD the endorphins feel after, and that's excuse enough.

CleverName
10-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Everyone sounds like they're doing pretty good- well done!

Stepped on the scale this morning- last weigh-in at home for 10 days- and I was down from 162/163 to 160.2!!!!! I'm very happy with that. :)

IL Report: Dinner tonight was roast chicken, mini potatoes brushed with olive oil, and steamed broccoli. Oh, and wine. And birthday cake (my little gal turned 2 today!). Not too bad. :)

juliastl27
10-04-2012, 02:28 AM
You will soon never see the 190s again!

the first time i see 18 at the beginning of my weight i will do a tiny happy dance :carrot: and then miserably wait to see 17-

hahahahhahaha

nina cloudstar
10-04-2012, 07:20 AM
I feel like I have completely hit a plateau!! This is my first one so I am not enjoying it :(. It's my TOM though so I'm hoping that when that ends I'll see some difference?

kateleestar
10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
the first time i see 18 at the beginning of my weight i will do a tiny happy dance :carrot: and then miserably wait to see 17-

hahahahhahaha

LOL. Isn't that what it always is! 'oh, yey, I'm finally at X!' and then it seems like its FOREVER to get to the next X. Sigh.. :lol:

stimkovs
10-04-2012, 10:06 AM
i am going to throw a temper tantrum.

i can't figure out this whole "eating" thing. obviously, no issue with the exercise.

i need to go back to the basics, but situationally, this is not possible right now.

it just really sucks because I am having a really tough time finding a position in a field. i am not in a financial crunch, so it's a matter of waiting and interviewing, but while i am home, this pesky thing sneaks up on me. the fridge. so, i guess for now, i can hope, and exercise and try to be dilligent. i always do far better when on a strict schedule.

on top of that- i'm going out for dinner tonight, drinks tomorrow, turkey saturday, and NYC sunday-monday-tuesday (with the associated 8 hr drive there and back). that's almost a week of eating out.

if i come back a whale, please pour some water on me to keep me alive to have the tamper tantrum.

NEMom
10-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm going to join in if ya'll don't mind.
I hit my original goal of 160 last November. I decided to go for 10 more pounds off - 150. For the past year my scale has bounced around and so has my commitment to getting those last 10 off. Now I am recommitted, have been doing pretty well the last couple of months. Not 100% OP all the time but at least 80% of the time and the stupid, dang scale is NOT my friend.
A week ago I was down to 161 and now it is back up to 164-165 despite the fact that I am OP. I was hoping it was water weight because I had eaten some popcorn but it is not coming back off. I am so very discouraged. I just want to cry.
I remember this time last year how happy I was for the progress I had made. This year, not so much. Feeling VERY depressed and like the weight is never going to come off.
GET ME OUT OF THE 160's PLEASE!!!

tschaff04
10-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I hope I can join you. I am ready to see 17- on the scale!!! I'm at 187 as of right now. I feel like the weight is coming off sooooo slow now that I have a little one to feed. Before I got pregnant with him I was losing 2-3 pounds a week sometimes more, eating very healthy! Now I crave junk, constantly snack and the weight drips off. Grrr, I guess nursing and recovering from having a baby 5 months ago is keeping me on my toes. :/

LockItUp
10-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Everyone sounds like they're doing pretty good- well done!

Stepped on the scale this morning- last weigh-in at home for 10 days- and I was down from 162/163 to 160.2!!!!! I'm very happy with that. :)

IL Report: Dinner tonight was roast chicken, mini potatoes brushed with olive oil, and steamed broccoli. Oh, and wine. And birthday cake (my little gal turned 2 today!). Not too bad. :)

:carrot: YAY for 160.2! Sounds like a great dinner. And happy birthday to your little lady!

hahahahhahaha

LOL see! And you will feel the same way about the 160s and so on!

I feel like I have completely hit a plateau!! This is my first one so I am not enjoying it :(. It's my TOM though so I'm hoping that when that ends I'll see some difference?

My first one was at 179 and it lasted about 4 weeks. It sucked! I'm sure after TOM you will see a difference. It's my TOM too, so I'm not surprised my weight has gone up a tad and stayed there. I know it will go back down in a few days.

LOL. Isn't that what it always is! 'oh, yey, I'm finally at X!' and then it seems like its FOREVER to get to the next X. Sigh.. :lol:

It does! I have like 1 moment of OH YAY I'm now 1X9, then like 2 seconds later I'm thinking, ok hmmmm how long will it take me to lose 10 more pounds to get to the next decade!

i am going to throw a temper tantrum.

i can't figure out this whole "eating" thing. obviously, no issue with the exercise.

i need to go back to the basics, but situationally, this is not possible right now.

it just really sucks because I am having a really tough time finding a position in a field. i am not in a financial crunch, so it's a matter of waiting and interviewing, but while i am home, this pesky thing sneaks up on me. the fridge. so, i guess for now, i can hope, and exercise and try to be dilligent. i always do far better when on a strict schedule.

on top of that- i'm going out for dinner tonight, drinks tomorrow, turkey saturday, and NYC sunday-monday-tuesday (with the associated 8 hr drive there and back). that's almost a week of eating out.

if i come back a whale, please pour some water on me to keep me alive to have the tamper tantrum.

That is a very tough situation to eat well. I could give tons of advice, but I know in practice it is a whole different story. It may suck, but even maintaining at this point would be good! But definitely feel free to throw a tantrum. I'm certain you won't return a whale! But we will be here either way!

I'm going to join in if ya'll don't mind.
I hit my original goal of 160 last November. I decided to go for 10 more pounds off - 150. For the past year my scale has bounced around and so has my commitment to getting those last 10 off. Now I am recommitted, have been doing pretty well the last couple of months. Not 100% OP all the time but at least 80% of the time and the stupid, dang scale is NOT my friend.
A week ago I was down to 161 and now it is back up to 164-165 despite the fact that I am OP. I was hoping it was water weight because I had eaten some popcorn but it is not coming back off. I am so very discouraged. I just want to cry.
I remember this time last year how happy I was for the progress I had made. This year, not so much. Feeling VERY depressed and like the weight is never going to come off.
GET ME OUT OF THE 160's PLEASE!!!

YES! Join us! What kind of plan are you following? It can get very discouraging. We can do this, though!

I hope I can join you. I am ready to see 17- on the scale!!! I'm at 187 as of right now. I feel like the weight is coming off sooooo slow now that I have a little one to feed. Before I got pregnant with him I was losing 2-3 pounds a week sometimes more, eating very healthy! Now I crave junk, constantly snack and the weight drips off. Grrr, I guess nursing and recovering from having a baby 5 months ago is keeping me on my toes. :/

You can definitely join! I'm so pleased we have so many people! It can definitely be a challenge with a baby. CleverName is nursing as well. I am not nursing, but I do have a 9 month old (and a 3 year old), so I can definitely related to the struggles of losing weight with kids. I start losing weight seriously when my son was 3 months old (towards the end of March). I'm 35 pounds under my prepregnancy weight now! But I'd love to hit my ultimate goal by his 1st birthday, or at least be very close.

Scale stayed at 158 this morning. TOM is in full swing, so I'm definitely not surprised it didn't go down, actually more surprised it wasn't higher.

I went and tried on some clothes yesterday, just for fun (I do that now apparently! WEIRD!), and I'm a solid size 10! I bought a pair of 10s last week, but I thought maybe it was a fluke. But NO! I actually fit into a 10 in just about everything (there were a few b@stardy articles of clothing that didn't want to cooperate, but they were OBVIOUSLY made wrong, HA!). I have never in my life bought a size 10, so I'm very excited. Well, I'm sure at some point in high school I could have worn a 10, but I do not remember -- I was never small.

I also got my wedding dress out of my ILs garage a couple days ago (I was 142 pounds when I got married in '06), and tried it on -- it definitely wasn't zipping up all the way, about a 2 inch gap at the top, about a 1 inch gap towards the mid back. Not bad though! Considering I'm 15-16 pounds heavier right now. It'll feel like a real accomplishment to fit back into it!

losingweightforgood2
10-04-2012, 03:04 PM
wooohooo I can now post here! :carrot:

Just left the 180s and can't WAIT to get out of the 170s:carrot:

LockItUp
10-04-2012, 03:10 PM
wooohooo I can now post here! :carrot:

Just left the 180s and can't WAIT to get out of the 170s:carrot:

:high: Woo hoo! Welcome!

juliastl27
10-04-2012, 03:21 PM
190.7 AGAIN today... really? down to the 0.1? CMON SCALE!

losingweightforgood2
10-04-2012, 09:27 PM
:high: Woo hoo! Welcome!

Thank you:-)

Atarimae
10-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Holy mother offfff...*excuses self for language*
I went from 165.0 to 163.6.

Biggest any sort of whoosh I've seen in like 3 weeks. In fact, for the past 3 weeks, I was within the same 165.8 - 166.8 range and I was like ready to rage quit. (Except not really, I was just really mad at the scale at that point)

But ew. TOM is here too. I hope it's not a whoosh that makes me gain all that water back! My happiness can't take that right now!

I just needed to share. I haven't seen 164 at all through this journey, so to completely skip it was like wooow in a cool way.

Nayshal
10-05-2012, 12:55 AM
166 flat today. But that's probably because I hardly ate anything yesterday. My version of rage-quit: I stop eating. I'm looking into IF, anyone have tips?

nina cloudstar
10-05-2012, 05:06 AM
166 flat today. But that's probably because I hardly ate anything yesterday. My version of rage-quit: I stop eating. I'm looking into IF, anyone have tips?

I'm thinking of giving it a go too, I watched the documentary on it on horizon, and it was so so incredible! (It's on youtube if anyone wants to watch it, it's called Eat, Fast, Live Longer)

I had a 500 calorie day just to see if I could do it, it was actually not so bad. The weightloss benefits seem to be very different for everyone, probably depending on what you eat on your 'up' days, but the health benefits are crazyyy!

juliastl27
10-05-2012, 05:40 AM
not eating for a day sounds like the worst, but ive been interested in trying this as well.. do you have any calories on the fast days?

Nayshal
10-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Well I have been doing the fast 5 diet for a week now and I'd say it's going well. At first I thought eating all my calories in just 5 hours is weird and I was worried I might get hungry later in the day but it wasn't bad at all. Though there were days where I was already looking forward to tomorrow's eating window...not because I was starving but the craving for food got crazier :o One time I put a chocolate in my mouth, let it melt just to taste it then immediately spit it out when I felt like I wanted to eat it.

nina cloudstar
10-05-2012, 06:35 AM
not eating for a day sounds like the worst, but ive been interested in trying this as well.. do you have any calories on the fast days?

On this one you have 500 on the 'down days' (which is only 2 days a week) then whatever you want on the other days.

Have a read of this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/264256-alternate-day-diet.html

I made 500 calories work fine actually, I made a super low cal veg soup which gave me 4 bowls for 100 total calories, and it was pretty easy! Not sure I could do it too often, but it does work really well for some people, it's a good way of making a diet fit into your life I think, as you can have the down days whenever you want, then you can eat normally the rest of the time.

juliastl27
10-05-2012, 08:02 AM
On this one you have 500 on the 'down days' (which is only 2 days a week) then whatever you want on the other days.

Have a read of this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/264256-alternate-day-diet.html

I made 500 calories work fine actually, I made a super low cal veg soup which gave me 4 bowls for 100 total calories, and it was pretty easy! Not sure I could do it too often, but it does work really well for some people, it's a good way of making a diet fit into your life I think, as you can have the down days whenever you want, then you can eat normally the rest of the time.

interesting. there seem to be a few different methods. my problem is that i wonder what happens if you stop doing this at some point? does the weight just flood back on? id like to talk to someone who did it to lose weight and then stopped.....

stimkovs
10-05-2012, 08:21 AM
still frustrated. still not weighing. yesterday's food was actually not bad- probably around 1700 cals (i went out for dinner- so it's hard to be exact), but i had only consumed 600 cals UP TO dinner. i feel bloated and stressed out, and just need to find a nice sand-bucket to stick my head in and play ostrich.

i feel like life is giving me curveballs, and doing it bloated is not fun.

bright side? apparently i'm skinny enough to feel bloated? seriosly, nsv. when i was bigger, there was never a difference between being bloated or not...

NEMom
10-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Atarimae - Congrats on totally skipping 164. That is AWESOME!!!

I hopped on the scale this morning at it was 163.8. Down a little from yesterday but I still do not understand why it was all the way up to 165 earlier this week.
I really really need to stay on plan or as close as I can this weekend. Drinking really throws me off my game and I end up binging which wrecks all my hard work during the week. The problem is I have just stared coming out of my shell (I'm 42 mind you) and I really enjoy going out and drinking a little with my hubby and friends. Gonna work on limiting that this weekend though!

losingweightforgood2
10-05-2012, 03:22 PM

Hi, you might want to look into EOD (eating every other day)? It has worked for some people. I personally use IF, it helps me alot and I don't get hungry much or at all on my non eating days. And I normally start craving healthy foods:D

Good luck to you all!

LockItUp
10-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I do a form of IF, and not really even on purpose as a specific IFing plan. But I prefer to cut off eating early (sometimes as early as 2pm, but typically around 4:30pm) and then don't eat again until breakfast between 6am and 8am. Like a 14 to 18 hour fast, probably an average of 16 hours. I really really dislike going to bed with food in my stomach, it makes me very uncomfortable.

Please do excuse my lack of personal responses today. I'm in a terrible terrible terrible mood (all TOMs fault), and my kids are being difficult as well (probably in direct relation to my own mood). I'm having a "poor me" kind of day. Boo to me!

juliastl27
10-05-2012, 05:43 PM
well holy crap, i saw 189.6 on the scale today. i dont even care if its a water weight thing, i was just thrilled the scale budged.

i already changed my ticker so there's no going back now. next mini goal is 184 which takes me out of "obese" territory.

LockItUp
10-05-2012, 07:31 PM
well holy crap, i saw 189.6 on the scale today. i dont even care if its a water weight thing, i was just thrilled the scale budged.

i already changed my ticker so there's no going back now. next mini goal is 184 which takes me out of "obese" territory.

:carrot::carrot::carrot: Water weight, I think, is why the scale hasn't moved for you lately, it's finally catching up and reflecting your fat loss! That's an AWESOME thing! :dancer::cb::dance::high: :hyper::woohoo: :broc: :cheer::goodscale:

Moving Forward
10-05-2012, 08:48 PM
I have done a little intermittent fasting here and there. It actually hasn't been too bad. I do the eat-stop-eat method of fasting for 24 hours, usually after dinner one night and before dinner the next night for me. I just drink a lot of tea and water while fasting. This has come in handy as a way to budget calories, say before going out for girls night out where I want to be able to eat whatever I want and not worry about it. I don't do it very often because I wonder what it does to metabolism, even though it's proponents say it doesn't affect metabolism.

stimkovs
10-06-2012, 09:23 AM
180.2 after eating about 1300 calories and having 2 beverages last night. 2.
i know i stayed within calories over dinner the day before.

it gets a little frustrating because people are trying to be in the 160's, 170's etc, where my body has pretty much topped out at 180. i have a very large bone structure, a round butt, and a big chest. im carrying probably 10-15 lbs or skin. aside from the tamper tantrums i am good probably 70/30 some weeks even 80/20 - and i think that every body deserves a break, and deserves that 20-30% naughty times to not feel deprived.

it's just frustrating how hard i have to fight, to even be at 180 :|

losingweightforgood2
10-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Out of pure curiousity (because I hate the scale), I got on the scale to see where I was and down 1.8 to 178....So getting down on the numbers on the scale:-)

tschaff04
10-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Sofie I can sort of relate. I have to fight hard to not gain. I got down to 158 before getting pregnant with number three and fought tooth and nail to get there. I am fighting even harder this time and am still in the 180's it's like every pound is holding on for dear life. I too have a very large chest, pretty big butt, and just big/wide hips. I feel like I could never get to the 115 that I dream about because my body wouldn't allow it. :(

LockitUp, thank you. Yes, being a mommy makes things like that difficult especially to babies. They need us even in the midst of a hardcore work out. I am constantly stopping in the middle of a sweaty workout because my little guy is ready for some food. ;)

LockItUp
10-06-2012, 11:23 AM
I have done a little intermittent fasting here and there. It actually hasn't been too bad. I do the eat-stop-eat method of fasting for 24 hours, usually after dinner one night and before dinner the next night for me. I just drink a lot of tea and water while fasting. This has come in handy as a way to budget calories, say before going out for girls night out where I want to be able to eat whatever I want and not worry about it. I don't do it very often because I wonder what it does to metabolism, even though it's proponents say it doesn't affect metabolism.

I have done the whole day fast twice. The first time it wasn't bad, the second time I struggle a lot. I don't know why either. But I do like the idea of it! I probably will try it again at some point, probably on a day I'm very busy!

180.2 after eating about 1300 calories and having 2 beverages last night. 2.
i know i stayed within calories over dinner the day before.

it gets a little frustrating because people are trying to be in the 160's, 170's etc, where my body has pretty much topped out at 180. i have a very large bone structure, a round butt, and a big chest. im carrying probably 10-15 lbs or skin. aside from the tamper tantrums i am good probably 70/30 some weeks even 80/20 - and i think that every body deserves a break, and deserves that 20-30% naughty times to not feel deprived.

it's just frustrating how hard i have to fight, to even be at 180 :|

How long have you been fighting this range?

I can definitely empathize with how you are feeling! And you are right, I think everybody does deserve a break for sure. BUT, (to play devil's advocate) if you are really fighting a number and you really do want to drop those next few pounds, spending a couple weeks 98% on plan would probably push you through. Just a thought!

Out of pure curiousity (because I hate the scale), I got on the scale to see where I was and down 1.8 to 178....So getting down on the numbers on the scale:-)

That's wonderful! I can't say the scale has ever pleasantly surprised me. But I do weigh daily, so there usually isn't that big of a difference from day to day.

Was down 1.2 lbs today which puts me at 156.2 (just shy of the 80-pounds-lost mark). I've been really strict with my diet, and consistent with my workouts, the last several weeks, and it has definitely paid off on the scale. I plan to start The New Rules of Lifting for Women program in about a week, and I really wanted to be at a "normal" weight when I started (under 155) because I anticipate the scale not moving quite as much when I start. I MAY postpone starting the program if I'm not at that weight by the time I wanted to start (and just keep doing the lifting I've been doing the last month or so). I've definitely cut back on the cardio and focused more on the weight training. The cardio I have been doing hasn't been as intense either. I don't know if it's a coincidence, or if it's the reason, but I've definitely been dropping weight more easily the last 4 or 5 weeks that I've been doing it this way. I got out of the 160s faster than I got out of the 170s. I am not-so-secretly hoping that I won't be in the 150s for long either.

LockItUp
10-06-2012, 11:25 AM
LockitUp, thank you. Yes, being a mommy makes things like that difficult especially to babies. They need us even in the midst of a hardcore work out. I am constantly stopping in the middle of a sweaty workout because my little guy is ready for some food. ;)

I imagine that does make this quite difficult!

juliastl27
10-06-2012, 12:41 PM
thanks stephanie. i sure hope so!

stimkovs - whats your calorie intake/day?

masterptr
10-06-2012, 12:46 PM
OMG!
I've been with this 138 139 138 139 for 3 weeks...
finally with TOM going away, today I'm at 137
it is about dang time!

Atarimae
10-06-2012, 02:44 PM
TOM is such a frustrating thing. When I did the 164-skip, I started the next day, so now I'm back up at 165.2! Argh, let's just hope it's TOM-related. It'd be amazing to see the 150s sooner than Halloween.

stimkovs
10-06-2012, 02:55 PM
tschaff04 - the body does what the body does, ironic isn't it? i think sometimes it becomes an issue of giving yourself some lax time off, in order to be back in the mentality once again.

stephanie- being a mommy burns calories too! think of the extra calorie expenditure and smile :P i think i would stay on plan 98% were it physically possible- but i find that if i become too strict, too stringent, or cut too much, it leads to serious binges, and the whole, self-loathing cycle. i think because i've been at this for so long (3+ years) that i am at that dreaded point where my metabolism is adjusting. unfortunately i can't think of the study- but there are scandinivian studies that have been done that people who lose a great ammount of weight- once their body "settles" into a number...their metabolism still acts "fat" - so they have to eat about 20% lower then a person of the same weight/size/shape/composition that has been at that weight. i think right now- i am fighting/trying the return to "normalcy" whereas you know, becoming social again, seeing people and being OKAY with food in front of me, knowing that i don't have to have it all, making better choices, etc. as when i lost the great majority of my weight, it was just me- and if i didn't want to see food, i would just stay in my apartment, and not buy stuff lol

julia- i was losing 2 ish a week at 1550. my bmr is in the high 1600's. (my total expenditure day to day, is somewhere around 3000+ as i am exceptionally active). 1550 was what started my binging issue, but i seem to be okay between 1600-1800. (although too many days in the 1500s-early 1600s seem to lead to a binge). i eat CLEAN, and even when the binges happen, it's clean eating. i am also built like a linebacker- i put on muscle EASILY. my lowest was 168 in mid april. i am now around 180, and in a smaller dress size - so there's lots of muscle at play. i havent lost chest/waist/hip measurements but i have lost inches in the "pooch" / apron situation on my tummy.

losingweightforgood2
10-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Today's exercises:

Dancing, general 30min 184 calories burned
Dancing, general 32min 194 calories burned
Walking, 3.5 mph, uphill 35min 283 calories burned

Daily Total 661 calories burned

wooo! I am tired...think tomorrow will be day off

juliastl27
10-07-2012, 01:02 AM
stimkovs - if you feel like your calorie intake now is reasonable and doesnt cause binges, is there really a need to push for those last 7 lbs? i know we get stuck on goals and such but last time i got to goal weight i changed it from 140 to 150 because i felt good at 150 and not deprived. if you find somewhere you feel is easy to maintain like 16-1800 cals, and you're losing fat and replacing it with muscle, do you really need to push to get those last 7 off?

stimkovs
10-07-2012, 07:16 AM
julia - that's what it's coming down to. situationally, right now- there's other things going on, where i am simply HAPPY to not be ballooning, and sitting in bed with a bag of those peanut m &ms. lol, logically, i'm little, i'm pretty, and i'm good at what i do. mentally- as I mentioned before, i was either a fat skinny girl, or im a skinny fat girl, i actually don't see myself any differently from my high weight lol, i've always been PRETTY, i know my body is killer, but i feel like it's always been. the thing that's always caused me to be self-conscious is the my well beloved stomach pooch, which unfortunately, is still there. my best guess is that's all a part of the double-edged sword of being a woman- there is no force in the world that is stronger of one determined woman, but there is also nothing more self loathing, and self hating, and self- judging then that one and very same determined woman lol

LockItUp
10-07-2012, 10:11 AM
stimkovs - if you feel like your calorie intake now is reasonable and doesnt cause binges, is there really a need to push for those last 7 lbs? i know we get stuck on goals and such but last time i got to goal weight i changed it from 140 to 150 because i felt good at 150 and not deprived. if you find somewhere you feel is easy to maintain like 16-1800 cals, and you're losing fat and replacing it with muscle, do you really need to push to get those last 7 off?

Totally agree! But, Sofie, I read your reply, it seems you are definitely in a sort of limbo right now. That's really tough!!! Any way to just take measurements and step away from the scale for a bit?

155.8 this morning, which means. . . I've officially lost 80 POUNDS! And I'm just 1 (just ONE) pound away from a "normal" weight. Feeling very happy with all of that this morning!

juliastl27
10-07-2012, 11:53 AM
julia - that's what it's coming down to. situationally, right now- there's other things going on, where i am simply HAPPY to not be ballooning, and sitting in bed with a bag of those peanut m &ms. lol, logically, i'm little, i'm pretty, and i'm good at what i do. mentally- as I mentioned before, i was either a fat skinny girl, or im a skinny fat girl, i actually don't see myself any differently from my high weight lol, i've always been PRETTY, i know my body is killer, but i feel like it's always been. the thing that's always caused me to be self-conscious is the my well beloved stomach pooch, which unfortunately, is still there. my best guess is that's all a part of the double-edged sword of being a woman- there is no force in the world that is stronger of one determined woman, but there is also nothing more self loathing, and self hating, and self- judging then that one and very same determined woman lol

hahahahaha. peanut M&Ms were my *thing*. sometimes id eat an entire bag in a day... the 1lb bag. the thing is, none of us will ever be PERFECTLY happy with our bodies, especially as we get older and if we've had kids. my boobs are a mess from pregnancy and gaining/losing weight, but thats just something im going to have to accept. my belly will always be squishy with loose skin even when i get to goal weight. my face will still break out sometimes, gray hairs will pop up here and there.

just remember that whatever you're noticing, you're seeing it about 100 times more than other people do. its what we do to ourselves, focus in on our flaws. you seem very confident otherwise with your appearance! thats an amazing day. if i were you id put on some shaping underwear for the belly when i went out and call it a day.

CleverName
10-08-2012, 12:58 AM
155.8 this morning, which means. . . I've officially lost 80 POUNDS! And I'm just 1 (just ONE) pound away from a "normal" weight. Feeling very happy with all of that this morning!

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you Stephanie! That's awesome!

just remember that whatever you're noticing, you're seeing it about 100 times more than other people do. its what we do to ourselves, focus in on our flaws. you seem very confident otherwise with your appearance! thats an amazing day. if i were you id put on some shaping underwear for the belly when i went out and call it a day.

Thanks for the words of wisdom juliastl27. :)

Congrats also to those of you who have lost a few pounds! :carrot:

As for me- well, this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. I ate too much tonight, but not as bad as it could've been. I will try to eat well to help make up for it. :)

Garcy
10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Hello - Mind if I join the thread? I love the feedback and energy of this group! I have been stuck between 172 - 170 for the past two weeks. I am working my butt off to get into the 160's club. I started at 218 three years ago and have never gained back the weight lost other than the five pound holiday binge that kicks back off pretty easily. My goal is to reach 145 by the end of this year but not too sure that is going to happen. Reading your posts make me smile as I get the frustration. I remember the days when I could drop 7 pounds in the first week of my eating program and then 2 to 3 pounds a week for months. Not now...I think I need to challenge my body with a different work out program...

losingweightforgood2
10-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Totally agree! But, Sofie, I read your reply, it seems you are definitely in a sort of limbo right now. That's really tough!!! Any way to just take measurements and step away from the scale for a bit?

Awesome job Lockitup!:carrot:

I truly can't wait to be where you are:cool:

LockItUp
10-08-2012, 12:52 PM
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you Stephanie! That's awesome!

Thanks for the words of wisdom juliastl27. :)

Congrats also to those of you who have lost a few pounds! :carrot:

As for me- well, this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. I ate too much tonight, but not as bad as it could've been. I will try to eat well to help make up for it. :)

Thank you! And Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! What do you all eat for your traditional meal(s)?

Hello - Mind if I join the thread? I love the feedback and energy of this group! I have been stuck between 172 - 170 for the past two weeks. I am working my butt off to get into the 160's club. I started at 218 three years ago and have never gained back the weight lost other than the five pound holiday binge that kicks back off pretty easily. My goal is to reach 145 by the end of this year but not too sure that is going to happen. Reading your posts make me smile as I get the frustration. I remember the days when I could drop 7 pounds in the first week of my eating program and then 2 to 3 pounds a week for months. Not now...I think I need to challenge my body with a different work out program...

Welcome!!! What kind of workout program are you currently doing?

Awesome job Lockitup!:carrot:

I truly can't wait to be where you are:cool:

Thank you very much! It won't be long! I was where you are just back in July/August!

Was down a teensy bit today, 155.6 (- .2), but I'll take it! Got my workout in already today, but I kind of feel like crap. I made the mistake of working out on an empty stomach on leg day (fatal!), I feel pukey and have a headache even though I've eaten since I got home. Ug! Deadlifts, squats, stiff leg deadlifts, step ups; I'll have a nice a$$ if it kills me!

MY GOSH I'm itching to get under 155, I'm so freaking close! COME ON!

losingweightforgood2
10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Thank you! And Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! What do you all eat for your traditional meal(s)?

Welcome!!! What kind of workout program are you currently doing?

Thank you very much! It won't be long! I was where you are just back in July/August!

Was down a teensy bit today, 155.6 (- .2), but I'll take it! Got my workout in already today, but I kind of feel like crap. I made the mistake of working out on an empty stomach on leg day (fatal!), I feel pukey and have a headache even though I've eaten since I got home. Ug! Deadlifts, squats, stiff leg deadlifts, step ups; I'll have a nice a$$ if it kills me!

MY GOSH I'm itching to get under 155, I'm so freaking close! COME ON!

Hang in there! As the time goes, and you stay on track the weight will go as well. I guess I should be taking my own advice....LOL But I know in time, I will get there!

losingweightforgood2
10-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Today's exercises:

Dancing, general 40mins 240
Aerobics, high impact 25mins 238
Aerobics, high impact 12mins 112
Walk uphill 4.0 30mins 303

Daily Total Calories Burned 893

LockItUp
10-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Hello all!

I was up a lb today, no good reason either. I am sore and I do tend to go up if I'm sore (especially legs). Not too worried, I'm sure I'll see it go back down tomorrow.

How are the rest of you doing?

juliastl27
10-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Hello all!

I was up a lb today, no good reason either. I am sore and I do tend to go up if I'm sore (especially legs). Not too worried, I'm sure I'll see it go back down tomorrow.

How are the rest of you doing?

my official weigh in is tomorrow and if i see 190.7 on the scale again i might throttle someone. i got down to 189 for ONE day and then right back to 190.7. THREE WEEKS at the same 0.1 of a pound. id rather see 192 than 190.7. its my least favorite number of all time.

TOM is about to start so im trying to expect the worst/hope for the best.

i wouldnt worry too much about being up 1 lb. you're probably retaining water to heal your sore muscles. ;)

losingweightforgood2
10-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I am joined in a group and our weigh ins are on Thursdays so that will be the next time I get on the scale...It is so hard to do daily weigh ins...I just don't do well with the ups and downs. Good luck to you all who are looking for losses

losingweightforgood2
10-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Today's exercises:

Dancing, general 30mins 180 calories burned
Aerobics, high impact 30mins 280 calories burned
Dancing, general 40mins 240 calories burned

Daily Total Calories Burned 700

(feel like I should do more...but tired...)

LockItUp
10-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I admire you gals who can resist the scale daily! Though I've definitely improved as I have stuck to just one scale now!

So tomorrow I'm starting Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss diet. It's nothing fancy, basically low carb, high protein, low fat, low calorie. It's meant to be short term and has free meals, refeeds, and diet breaks built in, and then of course helps you transition back into a more normal calorie deficits or maintenance (depending on what your goal is). I'm excited to start something a little more regimented, lately I've been flailing around a bit. It's really nothing I haven't already done, although I've never combined calorie counting with low carb before.

LockItUp
10-10-2012, 11:04 AM
WHERE IS EVERYONE!?!?!?!?!?!

Up to 157 this morning. GRRRR! Started the new plan today. So we will see.

juliastl27
10-10-2012, 02:54 PM
WooOOOoooOOO!!

187.8 this morning! 3 lb loss this week (well, 2.9 but whatever) and im on day 1 of TOM so i was expecting the worse. FINALLY i think i may be officially waving byebye to the 190s!!

LockItUp
10-10-2012, 02:56 PM
WooOOOoooOOO!!

187.8 this morning! 3 lb loss this week (well, 2.9 but whatever) and im on day 1 of TOM so i was expecting the worse. FINALLY i think i may be officially waving byebye to the 190s!!

Holy SPIT that is an amazing loss!!!! And WELL deserved! :bravo: :cp: :high: :cheer2:

Moving Forward
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
WooOOOoooOOO!!

187.8 this morning! 3 lb loss this week (well, 2.9 but whatever) and im on day 1 of TOM so i was expecting the worse. FINALLY i think i may be officially waving byebye to the 190s!![/QUOTE

Yay Julia! I'm super happy for you. I'm just catching up after being off for a few days and had a little chuckle when you said "xxx.x I hate that number." Sorry, I couldn't remember the number. At any rate, I'm glad you can move on now. Keep going!

[QUOTE=LockItUp;4493153]I admire you gals who can resist the scale daily! Though I've definitely improved as I have stuck to just one scale now!

So tomorrow I'm starting Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss diet. It's nothing fancy, basically low carb, high protein, low fat, low calorie. It's meant to be short term and has free meals, refeeds, and diet breaks built in, and then of course helps you transition back into a more normal calorie deficits or maintenance (depending on what your goal is). I'm excited to start something a little more regimented, lately I've been flailing around a bit. It's really nothing I haven't already done, although I've never combined calorie counting with low carb before.

[QUOTE=LockItUp;4493645]WHERE IS EVERYONE!?!?!?!?!?!

Up to 157 this morning. GRRRR! Started the new plan today. So we will see.[/QUOTE

Stephanie! 80 pounds! That is just amazing and inspirational. Congratulations!

losingweightforgood2
10-10-2012, 03:12 PM
WooOOOoooOOO!!

Congrats! Why yes wave bye bye to the 190s, I remember when I gladly did so! :D

NolaMama
10-10-2012, 03:50 PM
May I join? :) For the so many years my weight has fluctuated between the 150's and 180's. It always seemed like once I would get myself to about 153 thats when it became so difficult to lose the 4 that would finally take me into the 140's!!! I am a calorie counter... No special diets or structure for me. My life is kind of hectic at times and I don't have the discipline or patience for having everything mapped out for me. It's honestly, probably what I need to keep the weight off... But I just can't bring myself to do it! I've been on my "diet" for a few weeks now. Happy with the progress so far. Everyday is a bit of a struggle... I'm a food lover through and through! just trying to take this one day at a time :)

juliastl27
10-10-2012, 03:59 PM
yay guys! thanks for all the encouragement.

yes MovingForward 190.7 will forever be my most hated number!

tomorrow i can start obsessing about getting out of the 180s, but for today im just gonna be happy.

juliastl27
10-10-2012, 04:01 PM
May I join? :) For the so many years my weight has fluctuated between the 150's and 180's. It always seemed like once I would get myself to about 153 thats when it became so difficult to lose the 4 that would finally take me into the 140's!!! I am a calorie counter... No special diets or structure for me. My life is kind of hectic at times and I don't have the discipline or patience for having everything mapped out for me. It's honestly, probably what I need to keep the weight off... But I just can't bring myself to do it! I've been on my "diet" for a few weeks now. Happy with the progress so far. Everyday is a bit of a struggle... I'm a food lover through and through! just trying to take this one day at a time :)

the more the merrier! im not even in the 170s yet and i nosed my way into this thread

Losingtheselbs
10-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi guys I'm new to all of this.. Is it ok for me to jump in? I've been trying to drop weight since I had my son in 2007 I weighed 160, shortly after I had two brain surgeries and gained back to 199. I've been trying really hard since July this year 2012 i have hypothyroidism i got put on medication and I've lost a decent amount.
Yesterday was discouraging though it said I weighed 5 more ponds than two weeks ago blahhhh oh well I got this!!!! I am at 176 as of yesterday!

Moving Forward
10-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Hi guys I'm new to all of this.. Is it ok for me to jump in? I've been trying to drop weight since I had my son in 2007 I weighed 160, shortly after I had two brain surgeries and gained back to 199. I've been trying really hard since July this year 2012 i have hypothyroidism i got put on medication and I've lost a decent amount.
Yesterday was discouraging though it said I weighed 5 more ponds than two weeks ago blahhhh oh well I got this!!!! I am at 176 as of yesterday!

Please. Do join in! Welcome!

NolaMama
10-11-2012, 07:50 AM
So I've been a diet coke drinker most of my life. I used to drink it like water... Now I drink maybe 2 a day. However, as I'm really trying to get this weight to melt off, I've reduced my diet coke intake to 1 a day. I have been having the worst eye twitch ever!!! Has anyone else experienced this? If this caffeine relatedl? I am getting plenty of sleep... Not too stressed (not anymore than usual anyway)

My plan for today is to take a chill day and do some yoga. For some reason, although I know my body needs it), I always feel guilty when I'm not doing a high impact exercise. I feel like I may be slowing myself down.

losingweightforgood2
10-11-2012, 10:15 AM

down from 179.8 last thursday....very slow process....

LockItUp
10-11-2012, 12:12 PM

4 pounds in a week is outstanding!!! Seriously!!!

Nola - Ya it probably is caffeine related!

Welcome all newbies!!!!

I was down a little bit today to 154.4. I've lost 2 pounds since the beginning of the month. Less than I'd like but not terrible! Have a terrible case of the carb flu today. UG!

juliastl27
10-11-2012, 12:58 PM

4 lbs/week doesnt sound too slow! way to go! :carrot:

juliastl27
10-11-2012, 12:59 PM
I have been having the worst eye twitch ever!!! Has anyone else experienced this?.

these are usually due to dehydration. drink some water!

stimkovs
10-11-2012, 01:11 PM
hi ladies. i'm back from my NYC/ Canadian Thanksgiving Heitus.

Stephanie- I am most deffinately in limbo, and i've been in limbo CONGRATS!!! 80 is a big deal! Feeling super awesome yet?

julia- thank you! don't even need shaping underwear. to be honest with you, if i've eaten properly, the meal immediately before, you can't see anything, no rolls, no muffin top, no bulge. it's more of a naked thing ha ha. and why not have confidence? gets you places! also? 3 lb loss? that's awesome!! way to go. my personal most hated number, ever is 180.
------------------

back in the game, back to the studio, must start drinking more water. something is most deffinately cooking for me in my limbo situation- but i am tired, exhausted, and it keeps interfering with studio time. my phone, is literally going off every 2 minutes, i have interviews, one or two a day - and no acceptable offers (that aren't obscurely low paying- i am not in a financial rut, so i am willing to hold out and wait). I JUST WANT STUDIO TIME.

NolaMama
10-11-2012, 01:20 PM
these are usually due to dehydration. drink some water!

I have been drinking water and green tea quite a bit. However, I loaded up on water today at work and the twitch seems to have stopped for now. It's probably a combination of not enough water for my body and the caffeine. Very embarassing! Purposely wore my glasses today instead of putting in my contacts so that people don't catch on. :o

NolaMama
10-11-2012, 01:22 PM

That is an awesome loss for one weeks time! Be proud of yourself! I am happy if I see a 2 lb loss. This week was a slow week for me. No change in weight whatsoever.

masterptr
10-11-2012, 01:26 PM
:) :) :)
so good to see everyone making some progress.
mine is a very slow as well but I am happy that I am a little lighter than last month. I feel even if it is one pound, that is one pound less than before...
Yay!!! to all of us.

beth sebring
10-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Heyy, everyone. I’m new. I yoyo a lot and my lowest maintained weight was 143. Starting school and planning a trip out of the US threw my normal diet off this summer and I gain 20pounds. Really, I just want to fit back into my clothes and learn how to portion/ stop binge eating when I’m stressed. Two big goals. Hoping this site can help me out in reaching them :)

losingweightforgood2
10-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks all:-) Glad to have you girls for encouragment. Everyone is doing great and this just takes hard work. Stay focused:-)

Moving Forward
10-11-2012, 08:03 PM

I would kill for four pounds! Celebrate!

So I've been a diet coke drinker most of my life. I used to drink it like water... Now I drink maybe 2 a day. However, as I'm really trying to get this weight to melt off, I've reduced my diet coke intake to 1 a day. I have been having the worst eye twitch ever!!! Has anyone else experienced this? If this caffeine relatedl? I am getting plenty of sleep... Not too stressed (not anymore than usual anyway)

My plan for today is to take a chill day and do some yoga. For some reason, although I know my body needs it), I always feel guilty when I'm not doing a high impact exercise. I feel like I may be slowing myself down.

I've had this before. It was temporary and I think stress related.

hi ladies. i'm back from my NYC/ Canadian Thanksgiving Heitus.

Stephanie- I am most deffinately in limbo, and i've been in limbo CONGRATS!!! 80 is a big deal! Feeling super awesome yet?

julia- thank you! don't even need shaping underwear. to be honest with you, if i've eaten properly, the meal immediately before, you can't see anything, no rolls, no muffin top, no bulge. it's more of a naked thing ha ha. and why not have confidence? gets you places! also? 3 lb loss? that's awesome!! way to go. my personal most hated number, ever is 180.
------------------

back in the game, back to the studio, must start drinking more water. something is most deffinately cooking for me in my limbo situation- but i am tired, exhausted, and it keeps interfering with studio time. my phone, is literally going off every 2 minutes, i have interviews, one or two a day - and no acceptable offers (that aren't obscurely low paying- i am not in a financial rut, so i am willing to hold out and wait). I JUST WANT STUDIO TIME.

Good for you for holding out. The right offer will come your way when it is right.

Heyy, everyone. I知 new. I yoyo a lot and my lowest maintained weight was 143. Starting school and planning a trip out of the US threw my normal diet off this summer and I gain 20pounds. Really, I just want to fit back into my clothes and learn how to portion/ stop binge eating when I知 stressed. Two big goals. Hoping this site can help me out in reaching them :)

Welcome! I got into this weight loss situation because my clothes weren't fitting too. Every time I want to cheat, I keep reminding myself of what I really want. You will find a lot of support here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Even though I've been so good, the scale has been stuck (and inching upwards a bit on days) this past week. This morning I registered a 0.1 pound loss and did a silent happy dance. I'm crossing my fingers for a whoosh.

stimkovs
10-11-2012, 09:13 PM
MovingForward- thank you. I hope that it does untangle itself soon- I am busier now, then when I was working 40-50 hours a week. I figure since I have the opportunity to advance in my career, before I have more major fiscal commitments, I may as well go as high as I can, and then continue further.

Today was not so good on the food. I need to learn some self-discipline. This job search communications/ negotiations thing is exceptionally frustrating, and my "to-do" list is about 6 miles long. There are not enough hours in the day. Today is Thursday, and I already have solid plans up until next Wednesday, with a need to fit 2-3 other things in M-W (and that is granted that nothing else urgent comes up).

I must learn self discipline and better time management skills. Rather, maybe start ignoring more people? I am an extremely efficient person, I know that something needs to be done, I ponder it over (over my nasty habit of smoking generally) then come in, and get it done. As most of you know, the reason that I am not in a financial rut, is because I have moved home until this whole job thing gets sorted, BUT every time I go outside to "think" my mother follows me out and talks about things that are hindering to well..my thought process. While I know that this is not a blame game, but this house is the sole issue for my weight problems/disordered eating problems, and I NEED this situation to figure itself out- because I am a very determined, strong person, and when I start cracking under pressure, there is no hope for humanity. lol

losingweightforgood2
10-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Today's Exercise:

Dancing, general 31mins 185 calories burned

Walking, 3.5 mph, uphill 30mins 239 calories burned

Daily Total Calories burned 884

queenie91
10-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I am going to invite myself into this thread in hopes of it motivating me to get out of the 180s. Thanksgiving really set me back because I binged like crazy. But I think I needed it so I'm not going to stress over it too much. A little over where I was previously, but 4 pounds away from dropping the category "obese"! I need this to happen ASAP!

stimkovs
10-12-2012, 07:13 AM
queenie- welcome welcome! lets get out of the 180s today!

okay. 2 interviews today. 9 am, and noon. this spans breakfast, and lunch for me since i won't be home until after 2 pm. I am packed, and ready to rock. Bloaty, so my "not-so - power" suit on.

Studio tonight.

FINALLY GET A WEEKEND OFF!! WOOHOOOOOO I'm going to do some sitting, maybe some running, lots of studio time. and noooooo drinks. fantastic!

HappyHoliday
10-12-2012, 08:42 AM
I was at 152.8 and then 153. Today I am 154.4. I definitely over ate on Wednesday and also didn't work out yday.. I have a dinner tonight and tomorrow and have been generally lethargic and hungry.. This week I'm a bit off bc of a minor accident. Drama!

I'm going to enjoy my dinners but not get apps or desserts or bread, and will try to do even better next week.

tschaff04
10-12-2012, 10:44 AM
I had to cheat and weigh myself today(usually weigh in on Tues.) and I am down to 185.8!!! 3 pounds!! It feels like it's taking forever but finally progress!

beth sebring
10-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks moving forward! I知 working on a new playlist for my Ipod now and about to join planet fitness today. Exercise is HUGE for me when I try to lose weight. I never want to overeat after a good workout.

Good luck on your job interview stimkovs!

LockItUp
10-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Today's Exercise:

Wow! Very impressive!

I am going to invite myself into this thread in hopes of it motivating me to get out of the 180s. Thanksgiving really set me back because I binged like crazy. But I think I needed it so I'm not going to stress over it too much. A little over where I was previously, but 4 pounds away from dropping the category "obese"! I need this to happen ASAP!

YOU ARE CLOSE! Keep workin!

queenie- welcome welcome! lets get out of the 180s today!

okay. 2 interviews today. 9 am, and noon. this spans breakfast, and lunch for me since i won't be home until after 2 pm. I am packed, and ready to rock. Bloaty, so my "not-so - power" suit on.

Studio tonight.

FINALLY GET A WEEKEND OFF!! WOOHOOOOOO I'm going to do some sitting, maybe some running, lots of studio time. and noooooo drinks. fantastic!

YAY for the weekend off! Hope your interviews go well!

I was at 152.8 and then 153. Today I am 154.4. I definitely over ate on Wednesday and also didn't work out yday.. I have a dinner tonight and tomorrow and have been generally lethargic and hungry.. This week I'm a bit off bc of a minor accident. Drama!

I'm going to enjoy my dinners but not get apps or desserts or bread, and will try to do even better next week.

I was 154.4 today too! TWINSIES. LOL!

I had to cheat and weigh myself today(usually weigh in on Tues.) and I am down to 185.8!!! 3 pounds!! It feels like it's taking forever but finally progress!

Great job on the 3 pounds!!!!

Thanks moving forward! I知 working on a new playlist for my Ipod now and about to join planet fitness today. Exercise is HUGE for me when I try to lose weight. I never want to overeat after a good workout.

Let me know how you like planet fitness! There's one opening right down the street from my current gym (not open yet though). I like my gym, but always open to better things.

I did make a whole thread about this, but I'll say it again: YAY I'M A NORMAL WEIGHT FINALLY! This new plan I'm doing is great so far. Hard core, but great! HOLY CRAP I may be in the 140s soon. That seems totally unreal to me!

beth sebring
10-12-2012, 12:55 PM
^ I’ve joined before :) what I like is it doesn't cost an arm and a leg for good equipment and it’s close. Plus they have tvs above the treadmills so if I get bored of music I can watch something to make the time pass haha
But I mostly joined because its 24/7. works around my schedule with school and work so I can go at night before bed :)

juliastl27
10-12-2012, 06:22 PM

thanks! if you dont need even shaping then id say you're good to go! ;)

im laughing because 180 was my hated number last round of weight loss. i was stuck there for SIX weeks. maybe itll replace 190.7 again this time....

stimkovs
10-12-2012, 07:11 PM
thanks! if you dont need even shaping then id say you're good to go! ;)

im laughing because 180 was my hated number last round of weight loss. i was stuck there for SIX weeks. maybe itll replace 190.7 again this time....

is a rock hard midsection too much to ask for after loosing 100 lbs and re-gaining 20? no? no? ya didn't think so. HAHA obviously sarcasm.

literally, didn't even SEE 180 on the way down.

i may or may not have starved the last 12 or so lbs out of myself though- to be honest i can't really remember because life was hectic.
good hectic the 'holy crap i forgot to eat' kind of hectic lol

don't worry you'll be back at the ever dreaded/much desired 180!

NolaMama
10-12-2012, 09:17 PM
LockItUp: Reaching the 140's again will be a HUGE deal for me as well.. The last time I was in the 140's was prior to pregnancy... That was 8 years ago! Getting over the 150 hump is hard but you're fast on your way.

I had a bad food day. I had what I like to call a "fat attack" and nibbled on everything I wanted today. I wouldn't feel so bad if I had actually had a loss this week but I didn't. Oh well... Just gotta try harder tomorrow!

bingingerrday
10-13-2012, 12:19 AM
I have been in the 160 weight bracket for 6 months now. Damn it.

juliastl27
10-13-2012, 02:13 AM
so i enjoyed my day of freedom and now im ready to get out of the 180s....

at 185 ill be no longer obese, its hard to be happy to move into "overweight", but ill take it. 2 more lbs!

stimkovs
10-13-2012, 08:26 AM
julia- you can do it!! you're so close. im sure you're getting real tiny!

stephanie- how does it feel? to be of normal weight? that's something i have never felt before... ha ha. how did you celebrate?

NolaMama- "Fat Attack" lol- I'm going to use that. It happens to the best of us! The important part is to get back to plan!

------

i am sore. my hammies, are sore. food was okay yesterday- closer to 2000 calories then I would have liked. The interviews went well, I'm counting it as a success.

I am seeing a friend from out of town this afternoon- maybe an early dinner, but I am absolutely confident in my eating out abilities and self restraint. apparently now the issue is with having food in the fridge and being in the kitchen. ha

something else i noticed? 1 day of eating well (dominantly no carbs) and my tummy starts looking better- again, the lack of bloat. i do have some deffinition, i like to lovingly refer to it as my "flabs". i will never have REAL abs due to skin issues, but i do have flabs and they come out when i eat well for a couple of days lol - mostly, less oils, less bread, lots of protein.

Stars
10-13-2012, 08:47 AM
wooooo!! I just got out of the 180's!! I weighed in at 179 today. Now I can finally say "get me out of the 170's" !!!

LockItUp
10-13-2012, 08:52 AM
LockItUp: Reaching the 140's again will be a HUGE deal for me as well.. The last time I was in the 140's was prior to pregnancy... That was 8 years ago! Getting over the 150 hump is hard but you're fast on your way.

I had a bad food day. I had what I like to call a "fat attack" and nibbled on everything I wanted today. I wouldn't feel so bad if I had actually had a loss this week but I didn't. Oh well... Just gotta try harder tomorrow!

140s is the lowest I've ever weighed, 142 on my wedding day. It was maybe a couple month period I was in that range. My "normal" weight for years was in the lower 150s. HA! I have fat attacks sometimes too! I like that phrase.

I have been in the 160 weight bracket for 6 months now. Damn it.

Welcome. I saw on another thread that you hate this forum and you are leaving. . . if that's true, that's too bad. I've never seen anyone say that before. If you didn't mean it. . . you will get out of the 160s soon, just keep pushing on.

so i enjoyed my day of freedom and now im ready to get out of the 180s....

at 185 ill be no longer obese, its hard to be happy to move into "overweight", but ill take it. 2 more lbs!

You are sooooooo close! Overweight doesn't sound nearly as rude as obese. I've always hated that word and was so glad when I hit that "overweight" mark!

stephanie- how does it feel? to be of normal weight? that's something i have never felt before... ha ha. how did you celebrate?

NolaMama- "Fat Attack" lol- I'm going to use that. It happens to the best of us! The important part is to get back to plan!

------

i am sore. my hammies, are sore. food was okay yesterday- closer to 2000 calories then I would have liked. The interviews went well, I'm counting it as a success.

I am seeing a friend from out of town this afternoon- maybe an early dinner, but I am absolutely confident in my eating out abilities and self restraint. apparently now the issue is with having food in the fridge and being in the kitchen. ha

something else i noticed? 1 day of eating well (dominantly no carbs) and my tummy starts looking better- again, the lack of bloat. i do have some deffinition, i like to lovingly refer to it as my "flabs". i will never have REAL abs due to skin issues, but i do have flabs and they come out when i eat well for a couple of days lol - mostly, less oils, less bread, lots of protein.

It feels really great. I celebrated by just trying to give myself credit for my hard work, all day! Nothing special though. I also notice a difference almost right away when I drop my carbs.

LockItUp
10-13-2012, 08:53 AM
wooooo!! I just got out of the 180's!! I weighed in at 179 today. Now I can finally say "get me out of the 170's" !!!

:carrot: Getting into the '70s is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masterptr
10-13-2012, 09:00 AM
I wish I can say the same about 130s...
it is very slow... I only lose 2 lbs. a month.
nonetheless, it is 2 lbs. less than the month before...
I will take it every which way they come as long as I am lighter...

Moving Forward
10-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Today's Exercise:

You are an exercise machine! Amazing! What kind of dancing are you doing? Good for you on being able to sustain 3.5 mph while walking. I noticed yesterday I was handling 3.0 nicely. Going to have to bump it up soon.

I'm dreading the holidays here! I'm really not sure how to balance enjoying myself and staying on plan. I've been working so hard and don't want to set myself back. It was a great day when obese didn't apply to me anymore either. It'll feel good when you get there.

Keep your head up and yourself pointed forward. It'll all work out.

Three pounds is huge! Good for you.

I've been toying with joining a gym too, but I'm not sure if I have the time to actually get there. I can use some new workout music too. I never thought Michael Jackson could get old, but I've walked at least a couple hundred miles with him. Maybe it's time for something new to freshen it up. What did you pick?

Wow! Very impressive!

I did make a whole thread about this, but I'll say it again: YAY I'M A NORMAL WEIGHT FINALLY! This new plan I'm doing is great so far. Hard core, but great! HOLY CRAP I may be in the 140s soon. That seems totally unreal to me!

Normal! I am dreaming of that day! Yippee for you.

I love the "fat attack" term too! Between you and LockItUp with "crap ton", my vocabulary is expanding. I love it!

Yay!

I wish I can say the same about 130s...
it is very slow... I only lose 2 lbs. a month.
nonetheless, it is 2 lbs. less than the month before...
I will take it every which way they come as long as I am lighter...

Enjoy the 130's. You've got the right attitude about the slow loss.

Moving Forward
10-13-2012, 11:32 AM
I woke up today at 165.1. Woo hoo! This is the lowest weight I've been in at least 10-15 years. I'm starting to notice my clothes are fitting a little differently. The pants I wore the other day looked ridiculously big by the end of the day. And my tightest jeans were a bit loose in the butt yesterday. I'm down almost 13 pounds from where I started and only one person has commented that I look like I've lost some weight. That sort of surprises me, but it's OK because I'm doing this for me, not for anybody else. I would love to hear about other people's experiences with other people noticing their weight loss.

Also, I'm going to a baby shower at a restaurant tomorrow with some family I don't see very often. I want to stay on plan if possible and not draw attention to myself being on a diet. The official word is that I'm not on a diet... Any advice? I'm surprised that I'm this stressed out about this.

juliastl27
10-13-2012, 03:41 PM

im really starting to feel like i CAN do it this time. i failed so many times when i was re-gaining and trying to start back up. ive stuck to it this time though and i find the doubts are going away more and more! im still pretty far from tiny, lol, but ill get there!

YAY! also, i said the same thing the other day. i got out of the 190s, time to start obsessing about the 180s! lol. isnt it sad how we can barely enjoy it?

I woke up today at 165.1. Woo hoo! This is the lowest weight I've been in at least 10-15 years.

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!

juliastl27
10-13-2012, 03:43 PM
You are sooooooo close! Overweight doesn't sound nearly as rude as obese. I've always hated that word and was so glad when I hit that "overweight" mark!

i totally agree. "normal" sounds much better than "overweight" (congrats to you!) but ill get there someday.

losingweightforgood2
10-13-2012, 04:01 PM
You are an exercise machine! Amazing! What kind of dancing are you doing? Good for you on being able to sustain 3.5 mph while walking. I noticed yesterday I was handling 3.0 nicely. Going to have to bump it up soon.

I'm dreading the holidays here! I'm really not sure how to balance enjoying myself and staying on plan. I've been working so hard and don't want to set myself back. It was a great day when obese didn't apply to me anymore either. It'll feel good when you get there.

Keep your head up and yourself pointed forward. It'll all work out.

Three pounds is huge! Good for you.

I've been toying with joining a gym too, but I'm not sure if I have the time to actually get there. I can use some new workout music too. I never thought Michael Jackson could get old, but I've walked at least a couple hundred miles with him. Maybe it's time for something new to freshen it up. What did you pick?

Normal! I am dreaming of that day! Yippee for you.

I love the "fat attack" term too! Between you and LockItUp with "crap ton", my vocabulary is expanding. I love it!

Yay!

Enjoy the 130's. You've got the right attitude about the slow loss.

The dancing is actually from the xbox game dance central, but my calorie counter doesn't have it listed, so I picked the closest thing to it. I actually walk between 4.3 to 4.5 (powerwalker), but with the setting of the treadmill on incline of 10, I can't walk that fast...LOL

Just trying to fight these 170s and hop in the 160s soon:D

stimkovs
10-14-2012, 07:27 AM
i did well yesterday! I did well! now i can do well today too!!

fuct
10-14-2012, 08:50 AM
I hit 179 today :D

CleverName
10-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm re-starting today. Its like my body and part of my mind wants to stay at the low 160's. I'm not going to. I need to change, and I know I can. I have always really struggled with finding the motivation, but I just read something in another thread about it not being about the motivation, but about commitment. It might help to look at it that way.

Moving Forward
10-14-2012, 07:51 PM
i did well yesterday! I did well! now i can do well today too!!

That's great! Keep it up!

I hit 179 today :D

Yay!

I'm re-starting today. Its like my body and part of my mind wants to stay at the low 160's. I'm not going to. I need to change, and I know I can. I have always really struggled with finding the motivation, but I just read something in another thread about it not being about the motivation, but about commitment. It might help to look at it that way.

The way we think about things is incredibly powerful. I agree with the commitment aspect. There are days I have absolutely no motivation, but kick myself in the pants because of the commitment I've made. This applies not only to weight loss, but just about everything else in life. And you are absolutely worthy of the commitment to yourself.

Moving Forward
10-14-2012, 07:58 PM
I went to the baby shower today. I was trying to be good so I ordered the healthiest looking salad on the menu. I forgot to ask for the dressing on the side and every green came glistening with vinaigrette. Foiled! I only ate about a third of it, but it makes me crazy to be calorie counting and to have absolutely no idea what I've just eaten. And the delectable cupcake did not come with a nutrition label either. Off to the treadmill for me. :)

stimkovs
10-16-2012, 07:23 AM
morning chickies! looks like this thread got buried a little.

saw 179.6 this morning, i am injured, going to go to the studio and take it easy.

then i am going to take a nap. ha

hope ya'll are having a fabulous day!

jinee
10-17-2012, 04:22 AM
I'm glad to be farther away from the 180s. 177 today :-)

SarahJane88
10-17-2012, 06:38 AM
I just got into the 170's as of last week but I am already to get out!! So I got to stay on track with my weight loss plan! I have been 10 days without falling off my plan! Been to the gym 5 days last week and so far every day this week! I have been able to stay within my allowed calories and I am feeling great!

NolaMama
10-17-2012, 07:11 AM
I was wondering where all the activity in this thread went :) Good Wednesday morning, ladies...

Weighed in yesterday and am down 2 lbs. I usually try to wait until the end of the week to weigh in but I was feeling really good and wanted to see what progress I had made. Excited about crossing the 175 hurdle. I'm setting a mini goal for myself of 165 by mid November. Reasonable? Not sure yet. But something to work towards.

stimkovs
10-17-2012, 07:35 AM
i saw 178.0 this morning. going to try to up calories by about 100 today, work out, and stay off the scale. this is when i usually start derailing.

not only that, but i also managed to squeeze a biscotti, a 16 oz skim latte, and a (boozy) drink.

i like it when things work like this. ha ha

juliastl27
10-17-2012, 08:34 AM
i saw 178.0 this morning.

woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!! :carrot:

LockItUp
10-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Good morning everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who is having their success reflect on the scale! And HANG IN THERE to everyone that the scale is being a b@st@rd to!

My scale is treating me well right now and says that I am down to 150.4! Could it be that I am almost out of the 150s!? Very surreal!

Today is a "free meal" from the plan I've been doing. I'm having it right now for breakfast, and it is reasonable. I will definitely still be in a deficit today, but since it's been a very low carb diet and the free meal has many carbs, the scale will probably be up tomorrow from water weight. That's ok though!!! I shall see the 140s soon!

NolaMama
10-17-2012, 11:28 AM
LockItUp: congrats on getting closer to your goal! You're almost there! You may have mentioned this in another post... But what diet plan are you on?

LockItUp
10-17-2012, 11:41 AM
LockItUp: congrats on getting closer to your goal! You're almost there! You may have mentioned this in another post... But what diet plan are you on?

Thank you!!! I'm following Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss handbook.

stimkovs
10-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Stephanie- CONGRATS!! That's awesome!! You're on fire!! WHOOOHOOOOOO

I'm having a slight change in game plan. I think my binging "issue" was called by over-exertion (i feel like everybody saw that one coming except for myself)- 5++ points for type a personality.

So, here's what I'm going to do- I'm not going to the studio - my back is a disaster wreck. I'm going to eat my 1800 calories, I forsee absolutely no leaving of the house today, although in the perfect world i'd go to the gym and run on the treadmill, but I have no motivation to do that right now, and it's raining. Lets hope I can keep the fridge thing under control as I was SOO hungry this morning.

NolaMama
10-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Thank you!!! I'm following Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss handbook.

Have you been following this plan for your whole weight loss?

Sofie: There is nothing wrong with taking a day off, especially if you feel you've been over doing it.

LockItUp
10-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Have you been following this plan for your whole weight loss?

OH GOSH NO! I've only been following it a week! That's just how I've whooshed down several pounds lately. Over all just calorie counting. Nothing fancy!

juliastl27
10-17-2012, 03:00 PM
186.1 today!! that puts me at like... 4.5 lbs in the past 2 weeks. makes up for the weeks before that when i was 190.7 to the point of insanity.

ready to get out of the 180s!!

Moving Forward
10-17-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm glad to see everyone is back! I'm so excited to hear about the scale moving for y'all! Today was the first day for me that I weighed over a pound more than the day before--and without me going off plan. What the heck!? I know that it can't be fat since I haven't eaten that many calories, but it is discouraging. Stephanie, your post about the carbs and water weight might explain it. It's also my TOM, so maybe that's it too. I just can't afford a huge setback. Please let it be gone tomorrow!

Julia--what did you do to your back? Sorry to hear you are injured. Take it easy.

juliastl27
10-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Julia--what did you do to your back? Sorry to hear you are injured. Take it easy.

im gonna assume you're asking about the thread i started? i didnt do anything specific, back pain has long been a part of my life. ive had a few friends suggest i talk to someone about reduction... which is weird because im only a D but my boobs are *heavy*.

i was just hoping some people on here had some knowledge about whether or not they thought thatd help.

LockItUp
10-17-2012, 03:26 PM
186.1 today!! that puts me at like... 4.5 lbs in the past 2 weeks. makes up for the weeks before that when i was 190.7 to the point of insanity.

ready to get out of the 180s!!

:carrot: HECK YA!!!

I'm glad to see everyone is back! I'm so excited to hear about the scale moving for y'all! Today was the first day for me that I weighed over a pound more than the day before--and without me going off plan. What the heck!? I know that it can't be fat since I haven't eaten that many calories, but it is discouraging. Stephanie, your post about the carbs and water weight might explain it. It's also my TOM, so maybe that's it too. I just can't afford a huge setback. Please let it be gone tomorrow!

I'd say definitely water weight, especially if it's TOM. I can be downright SAINTLY and the scale will almost always shoot up 2 or 3 pounds the day before, 1st day of, and 2nd day of, TOM. If it's not gone tomorrow chances are it will be very soon!!!

These 2 articles are so great if you have never read them (EVERYONE)! I read them quite often as a reminder! And I have found them to be true in my experience!

About fat loss being masked by water weight (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-ltdfle.html)

Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html)

Moving Forward
10-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Stephanie, you rock! Thanks for sharing the articles. I'm going to spend the last few minutes of my lunch break reading. :)

stimkovs
10-17-2012, 03:33 PM
stephanie- great shares!! very worthwhile reads!

julia- that's awesome good job. see just had to hang in there are wait. the body does what it wants eh ha ha

moving forward- keep moving forward!! it'll be gone before you know it!

Moving Forward
10-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Stimkovs- I just realized I mistakenly asked Julia about her back when you are the one with the back issue. Sorry! I'm terrible with names to begin with and I'm apparently worse with usernames. At any rate, I'm hoping your back is feeling better.

I woke up today and the extra weight was gone. Yay! It's funny how a simple morning weigh in can throw me off that much. Guess I just needed a chill pill! Today will be a better day. I took the day off work so that I can clean my house. (I know. Not the ideal day off. But it has to be done.). Off to burn some calories!

stimkovs
10-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Moving Forward- It's just an aggravated vertabrae from too many backbends because (fun fact) did you know that we are ALL right side dominant, and if you do too many backbends, your back gets cranky. ha ha. Aside from that, I just have various joint issues- generally, things hurt, all the time, so I mean, it's deal-able but still frustrating.

Good thing that all the extra weight is gone. YAY!

I had a fridge related incident last night. not weighing for a day or two, but it did prove my point that the scale is my enemy, i see a good number, and BAM fridge.

i did buy two new sports bras today because i've been slacking on working out, and i did it as a little motivator. nothing like a new neon sports bra to make you want to sweat.

Nayshal
10-19-2012, 02:28 AM
162.8 this morning, hoping to see 161 by Tuesday (my official WI day) :D Next week is going to be tough as I'll be going on a family vacation to Singapore for five days. That means five days of just guesstimating calories and family lunch/dinner means a ton of food on the table :(

I haven't been exercising the past three weeks. I'd walk like a mile a day and that's it but I have been eating within my 1,200 cal/d limit. I have lost 8 pounds since my last Walk Away the Pounds session (Sept 25) and an inch off my waist so at least there's something good going on :D I'll start going to the gym on November, my birthday gift to myself.

Moving Forward
10-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Moving Forward- It's just an aggravated vertabrae from too many backbends because (fun fact) did you know that we are ALL right side dominant, and if you do too many backbends, your back gets cranky. ha ha. Aside from that, I just have various joint issues- generally, things hurt, all the time, so I mean, it's deal-able but still frustrating.

Good thing that all the extra weight is gone. YAY!

I had a fridge related incident last night. not weighing for a day or two, but it did prove my point that the scale is my enemy, i see a good number, and BAM fridge.

i did buy two new sports bras today because i've been slacking on working out, and i did it as a little motivator. nothing like a new neon sports bra to make you want to sweat.

I did the same thing by motivating myself with new sports bras. Good for you. I can also totally relate to your little fridge incidents. I was home from work yesterday and I swear a little gnome inside the fridge was calling my name all day long! At one point I got a craving for some pretzel chips and looked at the calorie count twice before convincing myself not to eat it. I decided that more time out of the house is better for me. Of course, now that I'm at work today I've had to dodge free pizza, doughnuts, muffins and home baked goods that looked very chocolate-y. Ugh!

162.8 this morning, hoping to see 161 by Tuesday (my official WI day) :D Next week is going to be tough as I'll be going on a family vacation to Singapore for five days. That means five days of just guesstimating calories and family lunch/dinner means a ton of food on the table :(

I haven't been exercising the past three weeks. I'd walk like a mile a day and that's it but I have been eating within my 1,200 cal/d limit. I have lost 8 pounds since my last Walk Away the Pounds session (Sept 25) and an inch off my waist so at least there's something good going on :D I'll start going to the gym on November, my birthday gift to myself.

It's great to hear you are still making progress. Keep it up. If you throw in some exercise and keep the food in moderation on your vacation, all will be good. I love the idea of the gym membership as your birthday gift. That's being good to yourself.

juliastl27
10-20-2012, 12:26 AM
alright ladies.. hows everyone doing?

im ready for the 180s to be over like NOW. isnt it sad how i can only enjoy small victories for like 2 hours before i want the next one?

stimkovs
10-20-2012, 08:23 AM
178.4. Tonight is Saturday night. Lets see if I can stay somewhere in the 178's till Monday ha ha.

NolaMama
10-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Julia: I felt like that too... About the 190's... 180's... And now the 170's. I think we'll all feel like this until we hit goal! Sometimes we just have to remind ourselves of how far we've come.

So I had 2 weigh ins this week for a total of 3 lbs. I know TOM is coming and Im dreading seeing the weight gain that is surely to come.

This weekend we are celebrating my daughter's birthday and Im sure fattening food is inevitable. Just have to remind myself to do it in moderation so I don't let the weight creep back up on me like it seems to always do.

tschaff04
10-20-2012, 10:20 AM
184.6 this morning. So close I can taste the 17's. Ahhhh!

tschaff04
10-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Wtg on the losses everyone! I am right there with you, Julia. I enjoy a new decade for like a minute and then am like, "Ok, ready to move on now"....lol

HappyHoliday
10-20-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm still stuck at 152.4, but I feel pretty lucky about this because I've had a lot of cheat meals. A lot.

I got weighed at the doctor's yesterday. I was 153, fully clothed- jeans, etc so at least I know my scale is correct.

I have an event tonight and a dinner on Friday. These are going to be my main meals to be careful about. I'm going to try to plan well this week.

I will also try to drink more water.
No idea how to get motivated to do cardio! I need to tackle this issue.

juliastl27
10-20-2012, 02:26 PM
im glad im not the only one who is always unhappy with where i am.

good job on all the losses ladies!

that pre TOM gain can be so discouraging! just keep working, itll go soon enough!

stimkovs
10-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I saw 176 after the studio today. I know this was before the major "bulk" of my eating for the day, and I know I just sweat out all the water in my body and it was major dehydration- but what a little minxy tease that scale is. I can taste that 175. It also doesn't help that I'm going out with one of my girlfriends tonight, so I'm trying to eat minimally right now, and that my parents are having people over BEFORE i go out so things are being cooked in the house.

Grumble, Grumble, Grumble. I hope to see 177 solid on the scale on Monday- then Hopefully I can attempt to make my goal of 175 by the end of the month!!

177-178ish is when I start getting bony/developing the scale obsession and the desire to starve the last 10 or so lbs out of myself. It's going to be a rocky road. ha ha

fuct
10-21-2012, 08:33 AM
177.6 today. It was a messy one last night.. .8 down from yesterday. I guess it's mostly water weight. Only 3lbs to go til I'm officially overweight, haha

stimkovs
10-21-2012, 08:45 AM
177.4, after my cheat meal. rock on. now if only last night's carbs don't make me want to have more carbs, we could be in business for official weigh in tomorrow...

i also feel like i'm on a roll again, things are shaping up, and life is getting itself back together slowly. WOOHOOO.

now, to get out of the 170's. again.

Moving Forward
10-21-2012, 01:10 PM
164.4 this morning. A new low. But I'm having strong cravings for a chocolate doughnut. And no desire to move today. I need to pull out some ninja mind tricks quickly to get myself back on track...

Luffz
10-21-2012, 02:46 PM
I really want to get out of the 140's, and move on with my weight loss that has been stalled since May this year! Weighing 148 as of today. Hope I'll be able to lose 3 pounds by the start of November. :)

stimkovs
10-21-2012, 08:28 PM
moving forward- all the ninja powers to ya. but then again, sometimes it's okay to just...sit and have a chocolate donut. i had nachos last night and saw a nice number.. as long as you don't make a habit out of it, it could be a nice little indulgence!!

daily update- looks like last night's aforementioned nachos really did the trick. i've been good all day, played some volleyball, did some yoga, had some coffee with a friend (just an americano, not a latte!) tomorrow should show me a nice little number..i hope. my clothes are feeling a little loser, and i did see 175 flat right after the studio (pre bulk of my eating for today really). fingers crossed for 177 tomorrow because that's official weigh in.

Moving Forward
10-21-2012, 11:02 PM
moving forward- all the ninja powers to ya. but then again, sometimes it's okay to just...sit and have a chocolate donut. i had nachos last night and saw a nice number.. as long as you don't make a habit out of it, it could be a nice little indulgence!!

daily update- looks like last night's aforementioned nachos really did the trick. i've been good all day, played some volleyball, did some yoga, had some coffee with a friend (just an americano, not a latte!) tomorrow should show me a nice little number..i hope. my clothes are feeling a little loser, and i did see 175 flat right after the studio (pre bulk of my eating for today really). fingers crossed for 177 tomorrow because that's official weigh in.

Thanks Stimkovs! I managed to distract myself from the doughnut craving, but had a deprived feeling all day. I have to find some balance between strict discipline and living a little or I'm afraid I won't make it to the end here. The kicker was that I still have 200 calories left--without excising--that I could eat for the day. I COULD have worked that doughnut in easily this morning. And if i had exercised, i could've had two. Grrrrr!

I'm crossing my fingers for your weigh in tomorrow. I would have counted the 175 today and bagged tomorrow's weigh in. Ha! If the clothes are feeling looser, that's really the true test. Great for you!

Mer du Japon
10-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Bouncing back and forth between 156-158 for the past several weeks. I could easily have lost more weight but I've been slacking--cheating too much.

It's my own fault that I'm not progressing. Time to put down the junk, Mer.

stimkovs
10-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks Stimkovs! I managed to distract myself from the doughnut craving, but had a deprived feeling all day. I have to find some balance between strict discipline and living a little or I'm afraid I won't make it to the end here. The kicker was that I still have 200 calories left--without excising--that I could eat for the day. I COULD have worked that doughnut in easily this morning. And if i had exercised, i could've had two. Grrrrr!

I'm crossing my fingers for your weigh in tomorrow. I would have counted the 175 today and bagged tomorrow's weigh in. Ha! If the clothes are feeling looser, that's really the true test. Great for you!

The balance between strict self discipline and living a little is a very delicate one. It took me years to figure out. I think self respect really comes with respecting your own choices. Whenever I gain, get huffy about it, and decide to white knuckle, I gain, I binge, and things just go down roads unmentionable.

I was trying to keep myself at 1550. That didn't work out.

Irony? I've lost 4 lbs this week on about 1800 a day (and a 2400 day). I actually calculated a calorie differential last night, even at 1800 cals, it was near 1000.

I really do believe that you get to pick 1 food a week (type, dish, meal out, whatever) and eat it. Here are my rules for that meal though: You can't do it alone- like you can't crave a food, decide that "that's your meal" and go for it. Somebody has to go get it with you, and it has to be a meal out. I once craved pizza, from this greasy greasy pizza place for about 2 months. Got 2 slices at 4 am on new years eve last year. I speak of that moment fondly. It's been 10 months lol.

Patience.

Today's weigh in? 177 on the nose. I think I'm getting too good at this game...

HappyHoliday
10-22-2012, 08:40 AM
151.4 this morning, despite the weekend's bad eating.
Sooooo close to being out of the 150's!
Going to be extra good this week.

SarahJane88
10-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Weighed in at 173.8 today! I am almost out of the 170s woo hoo!!!

losingweightforgood2
10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Still around:carrot:

Was sick last week:(

But back on plan this week, at 174....so inching out of these 170s:D

LockItUp
10-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Hey all! I've been in and out but am off that RFL plan I had been doing and of course am paying the price on the scale coming off of low carb and am up to 154.8.

I'm starting the New Rules of Lifting for Women workout program today, and I'm going to follow their calorie guidelines too. I'm really thinking I may try to not weigh myself but just once a week since I'm counting calories I know I'm in a deficit or at the very WORST breaking even. I'm driving myself mad and I'm getting into some bad habits and it needs to stop.

Hope you all are doing well!

NolaMama
10-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Looks like their have been some significant losses this week... Congrats to all of you! :)

I, however, just started my TOM... And I'm up 4 lbs as of this morning! I know I shouldn't even take that number into consideration. Nevertheless, it's still hard to see. I'll wait again until Friday morning to weigh myself.

Melonlefey
10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
I've been stuck at EXACTLY 170 for the past four weeks. FOUR! UGH! Hopefully I'll be able to break this rut soon!

juliastl27
10-22-2012, 07:02 PM
congrats to everyone losing!! im still stuck on 186 for now but we'll see on official weigh in day wed.

im totally ready to say bye bye to the 180s, but i had good losses for 2 weeks so im not super frustrated....yet

losingweightforgood2
10-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Today exercises:

Dancing, general 30mins 178 calories burned

Daily Total Calories Burned 916

juliastl27
10-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Today exercises:

Daily Total Calories Burned 916

good job sista! :cb:

dragonstar85
10-22-2012, 11:13 PM
I realized this morning that I'm out of my hard area. I always had a issues of going under 170 and staying. I'll get to 169 for a day and gain back. I'm 163.5! I really didn't even think about it until this morning when I jumped on the scale. Not only am I apparently over my hard area but I'm almost out of the 160's!

Moving Forward
10-23-2012, 12:56 AM
The balance between strict self discipline and living a little is a very delicate one. It took me years to figure out. I think self respect really comes with respecting your own choices. Whenever I gain, get huffy about it, and decide to white knuckle, I gain, I binge, and things just go down roads unmentionable.

I was trying to keep myself at 1550. That didn't work out.

Irony? I've lost 4 lbs this week on about 1800 a day (and a 2400 day). I actually calculated a calorie differential last night, even at 1800 cals, it was near 1000.

I really do believe that you get to pick 1 food a week (type, dish, meal out, whatever) and eat it. Here are my rules for that meal though: You can't do it alone- like you can't crave a food, decide that "that's your meal" and go for it. Somebody has to go get it with you, and it has to be a meal out. I once craved pizza, from this greasy greasy pizza place for about 2 months. Got 2 slices at 4 am on new years eve last year. I speak of that moment fondly. It's been 10 months lol.

Patience.

Today's weigh in? 177 on the nose. I think I'm getting too good at this game...

Thanks for the great advice. I love the idea of picking one food/meal per week to live a little, but making sure you eat it out and share it with someone. I'll have to try that.

151.4 this morning, despite the weekend's bad eating.
Sooooo close to being out of the 150's!
Going to be extra good this week.

Yay!

Weighed in at 173.8 today! I am almost out of the 170s woo hoo!!!

Good for you!

Hey all! I've been in and out but am off that RFL plan I had been doing and of course am paying the price on the scale coming off of low carb and am up to 154.8.

I'm starting the New Rules of Lifting for Women workout program today, and I'm going to follow their calorie guidelines too. I'm really thinking I may try to not weigh myself but just once a week since I'm counting calories I know I'm in a deficit or at the very WORST breaking even. I'm driving myself mad and I'm getting into some bad habits and it needs to stop.

Hope you all are doing well!

I know I really need to start some type of weight training, but don't have a gym membership. I hope the new program goes well. Keep your head up high and keep going.

I realized this morning that I'm out of my hard area. I always had a issues of going under 170 and staying. I'll get to 169 for a day and gain back. I'm 163.5! I really didn't even think about it until this morning when I jumped on the scale. Not only am I apparently over my hard area but I'm almost out of the 160's!

Awesome breakthrough!

stimkovs
10-23-2012, 09:26 AM
moving forward- that really helped me a lot, and sometimes i would have to wait FOREVER. like, literally, FOREVER (the pizza incident? that was like 2 months)- so when i finally had it, it was glorious.

me- yesterday was terrible. i was hurricane "lets eat everything". to the point of sickness. BUT i did sign an offer, AND i did find a tiny winy condo in downtown area that i'm absolutely in love with- so now things are moving, forward obviously forward. life is good. im happy, not hungry.

Nayshal
10-23-2012, 09:31 AM
161 flat today! I thought the scale was just trolling me but after 5 tries...yep 161! :lol: Leaving for Singapore tomorrow for a 5-day vacation. Ooh I hope I don't gain...

LockItUp
10-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Moving Forward - You don't need a gym membership! There's tons of body weight stuff you can do at home, totally free, no equipment needed!!!

Wow, what a relief it was to not weigh in this morning. Got a great workout in yesterday, hit my calories and macros just as I aimed for, great day over all! Today is the first day I haven't weighed since March. And I only weighed ONCE yesterday. I'm feeling really good about my new plan!

FunSize
10-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I want to burst into tears this morning!! In fact, I have been teary eyed all morning...

The scale said 168.8 today. This is significant because last January I had gotten down to 169 but over spring I gained 13lbs back. Then I hit a plateau and couldn't lose anything for 3-4 months.

So now, I have officially lost all the weight I re-gained and I am at the lowest weight I have been in 6 years!!! I have only 5 POUNDS TO GO UNTIL I AM AT MY PRE-PREGNANCY WEIGHT!!

This is massive for me!! I am just so proud of myself for losing the weight I re-gained and not giving up!! Now every pound I lose is a pretty big deal for me!

*steps off soap box*..

hi, everyone, i am joining this thread! lol!

CleverName
10-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Congrats FunSize, that's awesome. Welcome to the group. :)

Sorry everyone that I've been MIA. We had a trip 'out', which is a bit of a big deal- the nearest real city is a 28 hr drive. I live in a city of 25,000, but we are remote. :) I flew with the kids, my hubby drove our new van back home.
It has taken a few weeks to recover, lol.

I have been stuck with no motivation or commitment to do anything for a long time. I turned 30 yesterday- for me, I don't care about the number, but it is a *milestone* birthday, and I want it to mark a turnaround for me.

Tuesdays are my official weigh-in day. Today I was 163.6 lbs. I am going to lose 4 lbs this week.
Just thought I'd put that out there. Y'all can keep me accountable. :)

Moving Forward
10-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Sounds like some really cool things have been happening. Congrats everyone on the losses.

Stimkovs- I just realized your name is Sofie. Very observant, aren't I? Lol. Congrats on the offer and finding the place! After all of that, who cares what the heck you ate. :)

LockItUp- Thanks. I guess I've got some research to do. If you've got any great advice, I would appreciate it. I'm in the "knowing this is the next step" phase right now.

As for me, I had a nice little whoosh this morning. And I also finally figured out how to make a ticker.

KymberlyMcD
10-23-2012, 09:30 PM
I was hovering around 190-200 for the longest time ever! Finally got down to 167 and now I seem to be stuck again. Starting a new workout regimen tomorrow so hopefully that will help. Come on 140's!

LockItUp
10-23-2012, 09:40 PM
I want to burst into tears this morning!! In fact, I have been teary eyed all morning...

The scale said 168.8 today. This is significant because last January I had gotten down to 169 but over spring I gained 13lbs back. Then I hit a plateau and couldn't lose anything for 3-4 months.

So now, I have officially lost all the weight I re-gained and I am at the lowest weight I have been in 6 years!!! I have only 5 POUNDS TO GO UNTIL I AM AT MY PRE-PREGNANCY WEIGHT!!

This is massive for me!! I am just so proud of myself for losing the weight I re-gained and not giving up!! Now every pound I lose is a pretty big deal for me!

*steps off soap box*..

hi, everyone, i am joining this thread! lol!

:carrot: That's VERY exciting! Those milestones are very important. I think it's a very great thing to recognize it and give yourself every ounce of credit you deserve!

Congrats FunSize, that's awesome. Welcome to the group. :)

Sorry everyone that I've been MIA. We had a trip 'out', which is a bit of a big deal- the nearest real city is a 28 hr drive. I live in a city of 25,000, but we are remote. :) I flew with the kids, my hubby drove our new van back home.
It has taken a few weeks to recover, lol.

I have been stuck with no motivation or commitment to do anything for a long time. I turned 30 yesterday- for me, I don't care about the number, but it is a *milestone* birthday, and I want it to mark a turnaround for me.

Tuesdays are my official weigh-in day. Today I was 163.6 lbs. I am going to lose 4 lbs this week.
Just thought I'd put that out there. Y'all can keep me accountable. :)

I turned 30 the end of August! I'm liking 30 so far!

Sounds like some really cool things have been happening. Congrats everyone on the losses.

Stimkovs- I just realized your name is Sofie. Very observant, aren't I? Lol. Congrats on the offer and finding the place! After all of that, who cares what the heck you ate. :)

LockItUp- Thanks. I guess I've got some research to do. If you've got any great advice, I would appreciate it. I'm in the "knowing this is the next step" phase right now.

As for me, I had a nice little whoosh this morning. And I also finally figured out how to make a ticker.

I don't know about "great" advice, but I think just starting some sort of full body, body weight, workout would be great! There are many things you can use from around the house as "weights" too for some upper body stuff: milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, even cans of soup for shoulder stuff can be good. Here is a link to a blog that has a pretty decent beginners workout, no gym needed, and a video! CLICK HERE (LOL) (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/).

My 1st New Rules workout yesterday went really well. I did just fine today sans scale. Feeling great actually. Hitting the gym tonight for some light cardio.

LockItUp
10-23-2012, 09:41 PM
I was hovering around 190-200 for the longest time ever! Finally got down to 167 and now I seem to be stuck again. Starting a new workout regimen tomorrow so hopefully that will help. Come on 140's!

What does your new regimen look like?

I'm also looking very forward to the 140s!!!

stimkovs
10-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Moving Forward- LOL. that's funny. HELLO :P

Stephanie- you're so close the the 140s. you can do it. SO CLOSE.
How's the no weighing doing?Isn't it kind of liberating when you know you're doing everything right but not seeing the fluctuations?

I'm still eating EVERYTHING. Practiced today (and by practiced I mean lay on my towel through half the class like a beached whale). I know that when I over eat I get bloated and cannot perform. I know that. I know that I need to get my stuff together- but the HUNGER is back (dun dun dunnnnnnnnn). I'm on this 3 month birth control- so i can't actually tell when my cycle is, but that's what I'm assuming.

Condo- so much excitement. I'm just financially preparing, mentally preparing, morally preparing. While it won't be my first apartment, but it will be my first "big girl" apartment (as in, more then a self-deteriorating studio apartment in a very old walk up). the issue is, i'm nervous. i haven't actually gone to see it yet- i'm hoping to this weekend. my old place was...old. it was lovingly named my "shiety apartment" and it was amazing, i loved it, i was there for 3 years- having moved, i got rid of the majority of my furniture (outside of bedroom stuff), most of my kitchen stuff, etc, etc, etc. it's going to be an adventure.

juliastl27
10-23-2012, 11:10 PM
ive been STARVING lately, lol.

i was up 2lb this morning but ive been eating a little extra the last few days so i cant complain too much.

i stayed within my calories today so i gotta get back on track now

TexaninItaly
10-24-2012, 04:38 AM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce my self and see if I can join your thread. I'm Angela and I'm stuck in the 170's.... sounds like AA. :)

I recently started the Insanity workouts and am hoping to drop some pounds and tone up. I've been eating clean for awhile, but the scale won't move. I'm hoping to start losing weight soon!

HappyHoliday
10-24-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm at 150.4 today. Not sure why my weight always ends in .4, but I'm down a pound so I'll take it.

LockItUp
10-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce my self and see if I can join your thread. I'm Angela and I'm stuck in the 170's.... sounds like AA. :)

I recently started the Insanity workouts and am hoping to drop some pounds and tone up. I've been eating clean for awhile, but the scale won't move. I'm hoping to start losing weight soon!

Welcome Angela. LOL it kinda is like AA -- except we should be called Weight-Loss-Complainers Not-so-anonymous (WLCNSA LOL).

I'm at 150.4 today. Not sure why my weight always ends in .4, but I'm down a pound so I'll take it.

150.4 is the lowest weight I've seen, before I stopped low carb and shot up a couple pounds.

stimkovs
10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Welcome Angela. LOL it kinda is like AA -- except we should be called Weight-Loss-Complainers Not-so-anonymous (WLCNSA LOL).

done let's keep it.

you always come up with such gems.

crap load of food?

still remember that.

although i prefer truckloads.

in or around my face. :cool:

Moving Forward
10-24-2012, 07:48 PM
done let's keep it.

you always come up with such gems.

crap load of food?

still remember that.

although i prefer truckloads.

in or around my face. :cool:

I totally agree! We are keeping the name. And crap ton. :)

CleverName
10-25-2012, 04:27 AM
I didn't eat too great today, but I did avoid temptation at the grocery store. :)

It's hard to weigh in properly in the mornings- I like to weigh as little as possible on my weigh in days (duh, we all do I'm sure), and for me that means first thing in the morning, gone to the toilet, haven't eaten or drunk anything yet, and have nursed the baby. Which is hard to do when you're trying to get a 4yo, 2yo, and 4month old ready for the day and out the door. :D

LockItUp
10-25-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm so glad we have an official name and slogan LOLOLOL!!!

I didn't eat too great today, but I did avoid temptation at the grocery store. :)

It's hard to weigh in properly in the mornings- I like to weigh as little as possible on my weigh in days (duh, we all do I'm sure), and for me that means first thing in the morning, gone to the toilet, haven't eaten or drunk anything yet, and have nursed the baby. Which is hard to do when you're trying to get a 4yo, 2yo, and 4month old ready for the day and out the door. :D

WHEW that IS a lot of work for a weigh in!!!

Gosh ladies I'm so lame and I weighed myself this morning. I guess it's a step though since it had been since Monday. I was down a pound, well 1 of the pounds I gained back after coming off of that RFL diet I did for that week. I really shouldn't even count that weight loss since it was all water obviously. I started the month at 157.4, so I'm down a couple pounds and there's still quite a few days left. I really feel I "shouldn't" care how much I'm losing as long as I'm losing, but I'd like to lose at least 5 for the month.

Moving Forward
10-25-2012, 05:32 PM
The bathroom was dimly lit when I weighed myself this morning. The scale read 162.1--down a full pound since yesterday. I had to turn on the light and do it again to convince myself it was real. The scale has registered losses for me now three days in a row. I'm excited on the one hand, but reluctant to believe the loss is real on the other hand. I'm hoping this isn't just a water weight loss situation, because I'm wanting it to be real.

On another note, many of my pants are getting saggy baggy. I tried wearing a pai yesterday and took them off immediately because the fit was ridiculous. Those were always go-to pants when I was feeling a little larger before. I was planning to wait until after Christmas to buy some new clothes when the sales are the best. At my current rate, I could be down another 8-9 pounds by then. What to do? Don't get me wrong, I am totally delighted to have this quandary.

NolaMama
10-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Congrats on the losses!

Good Friday Morning everyone :) Ive been a little under the weather lately so I havent checked in... However, i still have a very healthy appetite :/ I am down 2 lbs as of this morning. Very exciting!

So my bf and I are going back to New Orleans for Thanksgiving and I have set a new mini goal for myself of 10lbs. Is it feasible? Idk. But I am gonna try!

Anyone else have any holiday goals set in place now?

tschaff04
10-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Wow, congrats to everyone on their losses!! <----Sounds kind of weird to say. lol

Anyway, I took a big plunge and finally decided to stop Weight Watchers for awhile and give calorie counting a try. For a number of reasons, CC is free being the best reason. lol But also because I felt I was getting to much freedom on WW and was lying to myself, cheating the system if you will. So far so good. I am down to 183.8 as of this morning! YAY!!