100 lb. Club - anyone tried Pilates?

View Full Version : anyone tried Pilates?

suzie76
04-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone here does Pilates? I have lower back problems, and have heard it's good for that. Kmart has a Pilates for dummy tape for under ten dollars.

Anyone have luck with it? I would like to strengthen my stomach and back muscles.

Thanks,
Sherry

RavenToy
04-15-2003, 08:56 AM
*peeks in* I'm not a member of this thread, but I've done the Pilates for Dummies workout. Sorry to butt in. (I seem to be doing that a lot lately.) I'm not sure how bad your back is, but I know I suffer from a sore lower back, and since I've been doing pilates it has gotten MUCH better. I do both Winsor and Dummies, both are good, and Dummies is really good if you've never done pilates before. Just don't give up the first week! Give it a month of three times a week before you give up, it's not easy to achieve all the positions or do everything perfectly and I was really frustrated till about the middle of the third week. Then it just got easier. It is GREAT for the lower back, abs, butt and legs.

Sandi
04-15-2003, 10:00 AM
Funny you should ask, I was just thinking about trying these myself. Dummies...maybe I'll look into it too.

rochemist
04-15-2003, 10:26 AM
I really like Pilates for Dummies and it is really good for strengthening your core and focusing on quality of movement. This concept has carried over to my weightlifting and Yoga.

Miss Chris

SuchAPrettyFace
04-15-2003, 10:45 AM
RavenToy, you are always welcome here. :)

I liked the Pilates for Dummies tape that we did.