Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #1  

Default Bulky muscles after circuit training

Hello

I have recently started working after a year's break and am doing circuit training using JNL fusion DVDs and Turbo Fire (only the Cardio and HIIT workouts)

JNL fusion is a set of cardio with 30sec resistance training followed by 30sec cardio and so on. Turbo Fire is a beachbody program that has cardio (kickboxing mainly) and HIIT

I am at the starting point of losing in total of 66lbs of fat I have. Now the one thing I have noticed recently is my body- after I did bicep builder the next day my arms were bigger and sleeves of my blouse were unusually tight. Today my lower body seems like trunks.. bigger and my pants were tighter as well.

i tried to search and it seems what I am going through is a muscle swell but did anyone in their initial phase also experience this to the next day. How long does it take to repair the muscle and reduce the appearance of looking 'bigger'

thanks
pilvenpiirtaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Ya that definitely sounds like muscle swelling/pump. How long it will take to subside is probably different for everyone. I actually LOVE when my muscles do that, I feel like a beast (in a good way).

I still experience it, and I'm well past my 1st day. It usually is most noticible if I up weight, do a new exercise (or one I haven't done for a long while), or have take a few weeks off and start up again.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I have JNL Fusion and Turbo Fire. I don't think you'll bulk up with either program. Turbo Fire is cardio with the exception of the couple of weight workouts. JNL you can choose your weights and reps, so if you keep the weights low and reps high, for me that type of training quickly alternating cardio and weights, sheds fat quickly so it could work for you too.

Yes, it sounds like maybe muscle swelling if you haven't worked out in awhile or ever. Are your muscles sore? You might even find the scale goes up or seems to plateau because your muscle will also hold on to water (if they are sore they are usually holding on to water). When muscles swell they also push the fat out more, eventually as you lose that won't happen so much anymore.

It's pretty hard for women to bulk up, although some do but it still takes somewhat heavy weights, you won't bulk up using 5-8-10 pound weights for example.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

After a resistance workout, the micro-tears in your muscles cause your muscles to pull in water as part of the repair process. Temporary weight gain and temporary muscle fullness are normal. Women typically cannot "bulk up". 1-2 lbs of muscle gain in a month is about max for a woman who is working out hard and eating clean with lots of protein (visualize body builders workouts and diets) unless the woman is using anabolic steroids. A program like Turbofire is not going to cause any bulk up.

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 09-24-2012 at 02:08 PM.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #5  

Cool, glad to know I am on the right track and I shall be patient.. thanks all!
pilvenpiirtaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 09:40 AM   #6  

Thanks for sharing your ideas
timmothysmith01 is offline   Reply With Quote