40-Somethings - What's hanging in your closet that you are trying to fit into?

guacamole
09-23-2012, 10:30 AM
I realize that all along my journey I have had various items of clothing that I have been trying to fit into that motivate me to lose weight. It feels great when they finally fit! Last year I had a leather jacket that wouldn't zip that I finally fit into last fall and I still wear now. I've had skirts that were tight that are now loose or fit just right. Right now I have a dress hanging in my closet that is probably about a size 8 (the tag says Large, but it fits more like an 8/10). I tried it on and and it was tight, but it fit. I asked my husband how it looked and he said that I was still probably about 10 lbs away from wearing it (why is he always so honest? ;)). So, right now, that dress is my motivational piece of clothing to fit into.

So, what's hanging in your closet that you are trying to fit into?

mescelestus
09-23-2012, 10:38 AM
All my size 10 clothes that fit me for 2-3 months in 2010....Basically a few pairs of Levi's that I LOVE! Hope to fit into by January. I'm right now wearing loose-ish 14W or very tight muffin top 14 regular. 30-35 pounds. :)

Garnet2727
09-23-2012, 11:11 AM
I ordered a pair of Lee jeans in a size 20. I can't zip them up....yet. :)

Lambiechop
09-23-2012, 11:31 AM
I have about 4 pairs of pants the next size down that I'd like to fit into soon.

dangerouscurvesahead
09-23-2012, 12:47 PM
well since i recently got rid of all the clothes that were getting to big or that i was to big for except a suede jacket that i cant button just YET!

syndehat
09-23-2012, 03:23 PM
To be honest...

I kind of enjoy wearing my size 22 stuff still. I like the feeling of my clothes being too big on me. Don't worry, I have P L E N T Y of smaller sizes just waiting for me in my closet but, for a little while, I want to be too small for my clothes.

And, somehow, it is a motivating thing for me.

Strange?? :?:

Garnet2727
09-23-2012, 03:37 PM
To be honest...

I kind of enjoy wearing my size 22 stuff still. I like the feeling of my clothes being too big on me. Don't worry, I have P L E N T Y of smaller sizes just waiting for me in my closet but, for a little while, I want to be too small for my clothes.

And, somehow, it is a motivating thing for me.

Strange?? :?:

That's not strange at all to me. I still have quite a few things that are too big for me that I wear around the house. They remind me of how much I'm changing.

Brandnewday
09-23-2012, 05:03 PM
I broke down and bought a few spring/summer things out of necessity, but I have lots of beautiful sweaters and cords that I would like to wear again.

I have beautiful things in 16W-20W; I finally got rid of my non plus sized clothes when I realized how horribly out of style they were!

InATizzy
09-24-2012, 04:30 AM
I have 3 pairs of size 6 jeans and most of my formal clothes that don't fit. I'm also not comfortable wearing most of my shirts. My muffin top hangs over and I feel I have to camouflage it with loose tshirts in the summer and cardigans in the winter.

austinaus
09-24-2012, 05:54 AM
Jeans. Non-stretch denim jeans.

I'm tired of stretch denim.

berryblondeboys
09-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Jeans. Non-stretch denim jeans.

I'm tired of stretch denim.

oo... I love stretch denim. Maybe it's the way I'm built, but regular denim fits for an hour at the most and then they get all saggy or baggy in the wrong areas. I hate that! I didn't have any stretch denim intil I got into 14s (and smaller). My 20s and 18s were regular denim.

berryblondeboys
09-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Well... right now I don't have anything left in the closet that is too big as I have never been this small in my adult life. However, I would love to be able to wear a size 8. Which I think is a long time ago 12 or 14. (from when I was in HS). getting out of the double digits in clothing size would be awesome.

I don't think it will happen in dresses as I have a barrel shaped chest and big boobs on top of that. They "fit" around, but they smash the girls as the darts are too 'uncurved'.

For pants, 8s are realistic. I wear a 10 now. When I got to 165, I was able to squeeze into a few 8s (of the same brand I wear 10s), so with more fitness and a bit more weight loss, I should be able to wear an 8 pant and/or skirt.

LeilaJey
09-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Ooh I have a few things. I've done this the whole way down too, it is SO motivating to try something on every week or so and go from not fitting at all, to tight fitting to being too big. I recently picked up a dress in size UK6/US2 and it zips about half way. Hopefully I'll fit into it someday, and if not I got it second hand so screw it.

healthyangie
09-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Just one last little black/white dress that I wore to my sisters wedding about 6 years ago.... I actually broke down and bought some clothes this weekend. I took the 8's in and when the assistant heard me say 'woo hoo' she said - "oh they fit well then?" And I said - "Nope - can you get me 6's please?" :) Awesome NSV!

healthyangie
09-24-2012, 11:14 AM
oops - forgot to mention the 50 bikini's in the drawer.... but I'm thinking those days might possibly be over :( But we'll see :)

olleharr
09-24-2012, 08:50 PM
That stack of size 14 jeans that have been collecting dust for the last two years. 15 more pounds ought to do it.

Vex
09-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Same thing - 2 pairs of size 14 jeans. They are zippable at the moment, but I need to spare the world the sight of that for maybe another 10 lbs or so.

mariposssa
09-25-2012, 03:33 PM
I have a pair of capris hanging up right now that I want to wear before it gets too cold. The funny thing is that they are size 18. I have lots 14s and 16s that I can already wear. This pair fits over the hips and I can button and almost zip. I'm pretty close to wearing them, but they are not the stretchy kind and they are just too tight to want to wear. I bet if I laid on the bed I could get into them...but I wouldn't be able to breathe or sit. LOL

Ksquared
09-25-2012, 04:15 PM
I have this gorgeous vintage purple dress in my closet. It says a size 12, but because it is vintage, it is more like a size 6 in todays sizes. I am dying to fit into it.

I also have a stack of jeans I have bought I would love to wear.

Ruthxxx
09-25-2012, 04:35 PM
I have a petite London Fog washable suede coat that goes on but won't yet button. I refuse to wear it open. Maybe 15 more pounds?

Big Ron 43
10-13-2012, 12:16 PM
I have nothing...........but I've been saving up just in case I need to go shopping :)

spastic dancer
10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
I have this silky black shirt with embroidery on it. I am hoping I can get into it. Also I am in my 14 jeans, and that was a big goal. Now I want them to just fall off me. Can't wait until they are too big.

syndehat
10-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Just got an order today of 2 nice cozy fleece jackets for this winter in size 1X. My ULTIMATE goal is to get out of any size that has an "X" in it but for now anyhow, I am looking forward to my 1X jackets. Which, if all goes as planned, should be by the end of the year. :D

twinieten
10-18-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm excited to start looking for my Christmas party dress! But I think that's another thread!

I have a big bag of size 6 and 8 shorts and pants that I can't wait to be able to wear! I managed to get my size 8 jeans up and zipped, but they're still on the snug side. Not quite there yet.

I got a shirt that says "large" on the label and I've been waiting to be able to wear it for a couple of years now. It's still too small! I hang on to it hoping, but I suspect the cut is just dinky and I won't ever wear it. :( It was one of those purchases where I lost the receipt and just decided to keep it for a goal shirt. It still has it's tags.

kelijpa
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
I have this size med. disney henley top that only fits me when I'm at my fittest, I squeezed or squoze into it, not really wearable, but not restricting my breathing...lol......:goodvibes

Garnet2727
10-26-2012, 10:28 PM
I have a pair of Lee jeans that I ordered last month. I can zip them up now but they are waaaaaaayyyyy too tight. I'm looking forward to the day that they fit.

Kopuiylopiu
10-26-2012, 11:23 PM
A pair of size 5 jeans that used to hug me just right, now they just suffocate my fat thighs and wont even button :(

Zumbachica
10-28-2012, 01:54 PM
almost ALL of my clothes!!!! But there is one dress that I hang up where I can see it and I am SO waiting to be waiting to ROCK THAT DRESS!

GFS to be
11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I have a stack of clothes that I want to fit into - I save way too much -- but 10 lbs gone so far! Another 10 and I will start to go thru some of the clothes - I dont want to do it too soon and get frustrated.

Alma4343
11-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I have 3 pairs of size 12 jeans that were handed down from my little sister when she became too small to wear them. Also, I have kept an "inspiration dress". I have not fit into this dress in about 17 years, but I kept it because I felt so good in that dress. (I may not like it once I fit back into it, but I cannot wait!)

avalonmoon
11-03-2012, 06:59 PM
I have a few pairs of size 18 jeans. I love the new styles and hope they don't change too fast, I just got into cute clothes for the first time in soo long. :D

Radiojane
11-03-2012, 07:13 PM
I bought a 2x hoodie when I was in NY this summer. It was extra motivation and a nice souvenir. I also have a pair of jeans that were way too tight even three years ago. I think they were 24s.

I have a ways to go before either

KateB
11-12-2012, 02:41 PM
I have a size 12 dress in my closet that I wore to my cousin's wedding in 1997. I rocked that dress and can't wait to fit back into it.

Kat117
11-15-2012, 03:26 PM
ike Alma, I have an ispiration dress as well. It is an orange paisley silk sundress, in a size 4, that I used to wear. I may not like it once it goes on... but there was a lot of fun associated with that dress and I always felt beautiful in it.

That is probably what I am trying to recapture - feeling attractive and sexy and knowing that everyone else sees it too.