Pregnant - Nursing - Spring/Summer/Fall 2012 Mamas (Part 2!)

mandalinn82
09-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Our old thread was getting LONG...onto part two!

Sacha, we also lucked out with the sleeping through the night thing...he's been doing it consistently since he was 12 weeks old. We keep joking that he's trying to trick us into having #2. Fingers crossed that your next one is a good sleeper!!

MindiV
09-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Laney started sleeping 6-7 hour stretches at 7 weeks when we moved her into her own room. It was weird at first, and we kept getting up to check on her. I guess she just wanted her space! :)

keller237
09-21-2012, 03:20 PM
I must be lucky. Unless Drece is sick, he's always slept at least 6 hours. In the hospital, they made me wake him up! Usually he sleeps about eleven hours a night. He usually only take one or two twenty minute naps throughout the day though.

He can do the army crawl and get himself up on his arms and knees but has yet to figure out to crawl. He can almost sit up on his own as well.

I'm including an updated picture! I'd love to see recent pics of your little ones =]

Manda- My fiance wants number two now for the same reason! I told him it doesn't mean a second baby will be just as easy! But, he's convinced.

Mindi- Wow! She's tall. Drece is almost 26 inches but we have the same problem with his clothes. The 3-6 months don't stay snapped!

bargoo
09-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Keller, he is adorable !

MindiV
09-21-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm attaching a couple I took of Laney up here at the office yesterday...

She's trying really hard to use her hands, and therefore they get in the way a LOT. She's really good at pulling her paci out of her mouth RIGHT when she's about to go to sleep...

bargoo
09-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Another adorable baby , Mindi !

MindiV
09-23-2012, 09:45 AM
We started her on rice cereal yesterday. Not sure if she liked it...or if any got swallowed. We're going to try again a couple of times and if things aren't improving we're gonna back off and wait a couple of weeks before trying again...

racrane
09-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi, wanted to update you all. Your babies look so cute, happy to see updates from you guys, too!

Colton is 6 weeks and a hungry little man. I'm a pumping machine because he still eats for an hour every 3 hours. I feel like I'm going crazy and have no life at times, but I am crazy in love with him. He makes me very happy. :)

Here's a couple pictures, too:

MindiV
09-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Awwww he's such a cutie Racrane!!! :)

mandalinn82
09-25-2012, 02:07 PM
So cute!

We took Spencer on his first trip to Disneyland yesterday. Yes, we might be insane, but he actually had a GREAT time, and could go on quite a few rides. He was mesmerized by Winnie the Pooh, Pirates, and Ariel's Undersea Adventure. They have a lot of programs and services to make going with a baby much easier - pumping rooms (!!), quiet areas, and a "Parent Swap" feature for rides the kids can't go on, so you can have one parent ride while the other watches the baby, then have the other parent board immediately afterward.

So all in all, a lot of fun, but man, I am BEAT! Today we do our big drive back up to our house after I'm done working, so we won't get home until very late.

sacha
09-25-2012, 02:48 PM
You girls give me a lot of hope because I can't comprehend getting 4-6 hours by age 1 let alone a few months!!! :) I suppose when you start at the bottom of the barrel, everything is an improvement right? LOL

MindiV
09-25-2012, 04:46 PM
OMG that sounds like so much fun Amanda!! I'm having trouble getting DH to agree to take Laney to an aquarium or the zoo....he says she'll get nothing out of it.

keller237
09-28-2012, 03:48 AM
Mindi, my df says the same thing and it pisses me off cause I don't want to take him the first time alone. He wont even read to him because "he just can't comprehend a book yet." I just don't understand it when he gets so happy around peoples pets and when I read to him.

biancasimone
10-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Everyone has such cute babies!!!!! My aunt just had her baby boy on Saturday, a college friend had her baby girl on Sunday (I think) and another college friend is due in a couple weeks with her twin girls! Nearly everyone I know is having a baby. The ones who are are QUITE VOCAL about their excitement of not being pregnant now (or for some of them, EVER. LOL!)

sacha
10-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Due in 22 days... soooooo sad that I will no longer be allowed to relax during my toddler's nap anymore :?:

MindiV
10-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Wow 22 days!! How exciting!

keller237
10-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Talked df into taking Drece to the pumpkin patch this weekend! I know he can't do the activities but I still think he'll enjoy it! Are you ladies taking your LOs?

22 days is soo close! Maybe baby will come sooner!

MindiV
10-11-2012, 10:18 AM
We don't have a pumpkin patch, really. There's a guy here in town who's selling pumpkins on his porch, and he has it fixed up to look nice for pictures, so we're going to do that. We miss out on everything out here in the boonies!! :(

keller237
10-12-2012, 02:11 AM
That sucks. We actually have to drive 45 miles to ours but there is a carters up there as well and Drece needs winter clothes so it works out great!!!

MindiV
10-12-2012, 09:59 AM
We're going second-hand shopping for clothes for Laney. :) I keep trying to shop online but the sizes are so wacky. It's like the person who came up with the sizes of women's clothing also sized baby clothes. I'd rather see them in person than order online and hope they fit when they arrive...

keller237
10-22-2012, 02:12 AM
I ended up buying online since we spent to much time at the pumpkin patch itself but we stuck to carters still. We know how they fit since he already had some and they had a 40% off sale going on and I had a 20% coupon so i paid less than half price for his clothes!

The pumpkin patch had entirely too many people but we did get a baby pumpkin for Drece. How'd the pictures go Mindi?

Anyways, Drece has a bad respiratory infection right now and they think it's a milder case of RSV so we're just riding it out to see if it gets worse and using half doses of tylenol when his fever gets past 100.5 just to be safe.

How are you ladies and the babies doing?

MindiV
10-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Laney is doing fine! 5 months old now. Taking her for an official weight and measurement this afternoon so we can put it in her baby book :)

The pics went great. Ended up using DH's mom's front porch, which was decorated kinda cute. I'll try to attach one here...

I, however, am not doing well. CANNOT lose weight. I've got a "creep" going on. Even though I'm eating great and working out I keep gaining :(

racrane
10-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone :)

Colton and I are doing well. My main challenge is that I'm really struggling with doing school and juggling taking care of Colton at the same time. Does it get easier?

Oh, and Colton is ready to eat every two hours at night. I don't know when it will get easier. I get conflicting information everywhere I turn.

Also, I'm struggling with losing weight. I cut out all the excess sugar in my diet which was my main problem with my weight. I'm exercising, too. But I still can't go lower than 190 lbs. :( So I understand how hard it is now!

Here's a few pictures, too: :)

biancasimone
10-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Sacha we haven't heard from you lately... does that mean baby's here? :-)

Mindi, if you are still BF I think it's okay if your weight is plateauing or creeping. I have a friend who was doing intense workouts while breastfeeding and watching her diet and her weight never moved. She said at that point she decided to ditch the dieting and exercising because "If I don't even gain, why not eat what I want!!" LOL

DH and I have had 2 weekends now where one set of parents watches Keri while we get to do fun "big kid" stuff. I love when his parents watch her because his mom and aunt take the best pictures AND post them to facebook immediately!!!!

sacha
10-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Sorry no baby :( LOL I am 39+2 and zero signs of anything happening.

I am actually now 3 days "overdue" from my LMP but 5 days to go according to my dating ultrasound (I had irregular cycles).

Sorry to hear some of you girls are struggling so much! TBH it took 12 months for me to really get back down to normal after my son (and that was with being right on track with diet and exercise). Postpartum weight loss is just so much harder. The sleep deprivation, the massive change in lifestyle, the hormones... ugh. It kills me that my husband could just go and do a great workout a week later!!!!

MindiV
10-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Not breastfeeding, biancasimone :( Didn't work out for us.

I noticed my MyFitnessPal site was set to "Lose 1/2 pound a week" instead of "Lose 1 pound a week" and I was eating maybe 200 calories more a day than I needed to be for losses - and that's on the days I didn't go over. If I went over, it's no wonder I wasn't losing. Doesn't explain the "gains" though since I didn't go THAT much over and am still working out.

But....I'm having hormonal issues too. I'm back on the pill (my third month now) and have started my period during my last week of "active" pills. Gonna call the doctor today.

sacha
10-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Mindi - I wasn't breastfeeding after the first month either and that's when things really started to slow down to a crawl (and even a bit of gain). I think women tend to go a variety of ways, either they hold onto the weight from BF, or they drop dramatically due to BF, and the same goes for those using formula. I'm afraid it can just be a random lottery (like how my boobs are exactly the same after but my stomach a mess, LOL).

How has your sleep been? My son didn't sleep through until 2 (and tbh, he's not doing a great job right now either!) and I found things really took off once he started letting me get solid sleep (and the reduced stress that came with it).

MindiV
10-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Recently my sleep has been good. She settled a while back into a pattern where she'll go to sleep around 7 pm, then sleep til 3:30 or 4 am, then sleep again 'til 7 am (when I have to get her up for daycare). For a few days this week she's even gone 7 pm to 6 am without waking at ALL.

I called the doctor today about my birth control issue. My gut is telling me this is hormonal, from way back before I even got pregnant. When I stopped the pill in December 2010 I started "creeping" then, and ended up gaining 10 pounds in 8 months while working out the same and eating BETTER than normal (but still plenty) since we were TTC.

sacha
11-06-2012, 08:32 AM
My Halloween baby became an 8lb 7oz November 5th baby :D Phillipe born at 9:58am.

MindiV
11-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Congrats Sacha!!!!

mandalinn82
11-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Congrats, Sacha!

biancasimone
11-07-2012, 06:38 PM
:D Yay Sacha!!!!!!!!! <3

sacha
11-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks girls!! :)

keller237
12-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Hello ladies! It's been almost month since anybodys been on. How's everyone doing and how are those beautiful babies?!?

We closed on our house and moved in last week. I've gained weight in the past month unfortunately and am again working on getting it down.

Andrece will be seven months tomorow, already!! He learned to crawl an pull himself up and walk along furniture in a matter of days and is now trying to walk on his own but the balance isn't fully there. He weighs 19 lbs and is 27 inches!

sacha
12-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi Keller

Buying/selling & moving with a baby is a lot of stress, hope you can reign it in now that the dust has settled! Oh, how I miss the non stress of just finding a simple rental when leaving my parents and being single/childless!

Philippe is now 5 weeks old :D He is a giant baby, well over 12lbs now (not sure his length) just like his brother, it's genetics for us I suppose.

That's some impressive movements for only 7 months, my first did not even attempt to crawl until 10 months!!

MindiV
12-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Goodness it has been a while!! Laney is 7 months old on the 18th, weighs 22 pounds and is 28 inches long and has a 19 inch head. Big girl! She has outgrown pretty much everything that she enjoys - especially her swing :(

She's not crawling yet, but with that big a head who the heck can crawl, right? :)

Recently she has started having a lot of issues sleeping, and we think she's maybe "practicing" crawling in her sleep because she constantly turns onto her belly and then can't go back to sleep. It's making for some looooong nights.

I'm attaching a couple of her Christmas pictures!

MindiV
01-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Hey ladies!!! How are all of you and all of your little ones!!?? :)

Laney is doing great. She's 7 1/2 months old now, and eating pureed food like a champ. We're doing breakfast and dinner now, and will add lunch and taper down some of her formula intake at 8 months. She's not eating any puffs or other types of baby solid-solids yet, simply because her dad and I are big chickens and hate to see her gagging while she tries to get used to them. Her choking is a HUGE fear of mine :(

Christmas was good. Lots of travel, but she was a little angel baby at every gathering. She STILL has a cold. We're not crawling yet, but she wants to SOOOOO badly!! Hopefully soon, because now she's trying to get up on her knees in her sleep early in the morning, which is affecting her schedule. Otherwise she's sleeping most of the night (knocking on wood!).

As far as weight loss, I'm stalled out at 155-156 pounds. I've not been entirely honest with my calorie tracking over the holidays, and my workouts have been lacking. My New Year's Resolution is to be honest with my tracking, stay under my calorie goal and ramp up my workouts, even if I have to do 10 minutes at a time a few times a day to get at least half an hour in. Or get up at 4 am and do yoga :) I want to get to 150, at least...but really ideally back down to my pre-baby weight around 140.

Hope all of you are doing wonderfully!!!

MindiV
01-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Oh, and here are some of her Christmas pics!! :)

racrane
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi everyone. :)

Colton is almost 5 months now. He's rolling over and is well over 17 lbs. He's a happy, healthy baby. The only issue we're struggling with is sleep. He still wakes up every 2 hours. I'm going back to college at the end of this month and I'm hoping I'll get more sleep. He's really started to entertain himself, though. He's a happy, giggly boy. :)

I'm almost to my prepregnancy weight of 180. I'm 185 so very close. :) I sprained my ankle and had surgery (unrelated to sprain) so I'm thankful I maintained over the holiday, lol.

MindiV
01-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Colton is a cutie!!! Love that big smile!! :)

Congrats on the holiday maintaining!!!

sacha
01-06-2013, 02:29 PM
My Philippe is now almost 9 weeks and 16.1lbs (my 1st son was just as heavy, it's genetic).

Strangely enough he appears to be A REDHEAD! How odd, because I have one uncle (of 6) who has red hair and that's it!! :) So, genetics are funny. My husband made milkman jokes.

16.1lbs= 24/7 nursing... but I'm not losing any weight :?:

racrane
01-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks MindiV! And Sacha, he's very cute! :)

MindiV
01-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Cute little butterball man Sacha!! :) I wonder if any other relatives had red hair when they were young, and it changed color later? I know that can happen...my dad had white/blonde hair until he was 5, then it turned black after a haircut....

MindiV
03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Any of you ladies still around? How are your little ones??

sacha
03-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Hi Mindi, 9 months already, time sure flies!!!

We're doing well, just heading out for those lovely 4 month vaccines this afternoon. Some jealousy from my toddler lately but baby is good (although he is a monster overnight feeder)

MindiV
03-13-2013, 10:51 AM
He's toooo adorable!!

Laney will be 10 months on Monday! Time DOES fly! She's a crawling master, and is pulling up. She'll let go and stand on her own for a second, but no steps or "cruising" on anything yet.

She would rather feed herself than have us feed her, and there's nothing we've found yet she doesn't like. Going to slowly phase out baby food and just give her real food, since that's what she prefers. Doctor wants us to start cutting her down on formula too. We've been doing bottles half her normal amount at lunch for a couple of weeks...today is day one with NO lunch bottle!! Eek!!

She knows how to clap, plays patty cake and peekaboo, loves Itsy Bitsy Spider, and knows me as "mama," her daddy as "dada," says "bye" when waving bye-bye and we think she is trying to say "dog" too.

She's still big, but her growth has slowed a lot. She's averaging 1/2 inch a month, and is nearly 30 inches long and weighs 23 pounds. She hasn't gained any weight in a couple of months, but has grown longer.

biancasimone
03-14-2013, 12:35 AM
I have a happy, healthy 7 month old! Hard to believe we were just bringing her home yesterday (it seems) and she was this little tiny thing in a huge car seat... and now we're looking for a new car seat. LOL! (Not time for it, just looking!) A lot of my friends have a child within a year of my LO, and a few of my friends are pregnant/trying. So exciting. :-)

As for me, I've gained about 10ish lbs back, but my BP is down and diabetes did not stay past pregnancy. I've been doing OK on foods but today I did binge BIG TIME on domino's (baked sandwich, wings, and cinnamon bread + a 20oz drink in less than 20 min)... Starting a new job in April but I am blessed to have stayed at home with my little baby for these 7 months!

MindiV
03-14-2013, 11:09 AM
How cool that your friends are all having little ones! They can grow up together!

I'm falling into the trap of eating off of Laney's plate too much. :( Still stranded weight loss-wise and not losing at all.

keller237
03-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Your babies are still gorgeous as always!

Drece is 10.5 months now. Almost 1 already? That sure flew by. Anyways he started taking steps at 9 months and can practically run now. He was also learned how to climb up and down stairs without any help. He can say mama, dada, rocko(although he can't pronounce the K so it sounds like raw-hoe), yeah and "eeeae" when I tell him to say please. We are working on bye as he just waves right now and Dexter(Our second puppy.)

I don't remember if I ever mentioned both of our dogs, but we have a 6 month old Lab/Bullmastiff mix named Rocko. He weighs 52 pounds already. And in January we got a boxer/aussie shepherd mix who is 5 months old now. Drece LOVES sneaking them food when me or DF leave the room.

As for me, we have "booked" our vacation and elopement for late June and will officially getting married. I've gained weight back and am working on getting down again(Seems to be the trouble since Drece was born, It seems like it just doesn't want to go away.) At this time, we are also considering trying for another child.

Anyways, Hope all is well with you ladies! Happy Easter if I don't get back on for awhile. Life has been hectic recently. Included is a couple pictures! :)

MindiV
03-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Keller, Drece is adorable!!!

I feel you on the weight gain. I'm totally guilty of eating off of Laney's plate when she's having good stuff!! :(

racrane
04-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Glad to see this group alive! Babies are all so cute!

Colton is almost 8 months old. He is doing everything he should and is a happy boy. Still sleeping badly though, especially while teething. :dizzy:

I have lost thirty pounds since my 6 week PP check up. Breastfeeding really helps, but I am working my butt off, too. It is not easy

I hope you all are doing well. :)

MindiV
04-02-2013, 05:42 PM
He's a cutie, Racrane!!! :)

biancasimone
04-10-2013, 03:28 AM
Picture of my little midget! :-) She is 8 months today! (Hope you all can see the picture)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/544825_10100552838045304_87615896_n.jpg

racrane
04-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Thank you mindi!

And she's precious bianca

MindiV
04-15-2013, 11:48 AM
She's a little angel, Bianca!!

bargoo
04-15-2013, 12:42 PM
What a little doll, Bianca !

MindiV
04-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Took Laney for an appointment yesterday for a diaper rash that was giving us fits. Had her weighed and measured for her 11 month spot in her baby book...

STILL 23 lbs, 11 oz (for months now in the 23 range), but she's grown to 32 inches long!!! Wearing size 4 diapers and 18 month shirts.