Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 09:20 AM   #1  

Default Monday=April 14 Check in time!

Good morning all. How was everyones weekend?

Ours was busy. We went to the area of our land where we're considering building a new home. it was lovely out there exept that I had to ride the big bcket(scoop) of the tractor and that was hard on my bottom!

Am still decluttering. Took two large bags of paperback books to Goodwill and will probably have two more by Wednesday.

Am off to clean and throw away.......
Old 04-14-2003, 10:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning Tippy and all the chickadees!

My weekend was very busy too. That is about all I know these days. I am addressing graduation announcements and getting things together for all the graduation ceremonies and the graduation party we are throwing for our oldest son. It is absolutely wild! We are also trying to do all the paperwork that is done when you are graduating and applying for college and all that jazz. I am not complaining one little bit, but it is just a lot of stuff to do. :-) And if you do it too quickly and make a silly mistake well then hey - you get to do it again! :-( Since I am everybody's secretary (I know yall all know how that goes) it just kind of all falls on me to get it together. No big deal - just really busy!!!!!

I still am not able to get up before that alarm clock goes off at 6 a.m. every morning. I have got to get my buns in gear and get them moving.

It is absolutely beautiful here today. I should be walking at noon, but instead I have to go get immunization forms filled out at the health unit to attach to some admission forms.

So what is everybody else up to?

hugs,
Cathy
Old 04-14-2003, 11:58 AM   #3  

Talking Good morning!

Good morning Tippy and Cathy....Cathy you were looking for me on the weekend...I was away on my woman weekend remember?

Finally got out of town friday afternoon...arrived at a beautiful bed and breakfast around 6 pm....we had wine and some lovely appetizers. Then we muched on fruit and veggies and trail mix and drank a bottle of wine and chatted away...we watched a movie called Possession and were asleep in our beautiful room by 1 am.....

On Saturday we got up to a beautiful breakfast out of a martha stewart magazine then had a massage, showered, relaxed and then spent the afternoon poking around some lovely shops in the local town. We had a nice steak dinner and then returned to our B&B for an evening of visiting, relaxing and a movie called Iris. We went to sleep around the same time as the night before.

On Sunday we awakened to another lovely breakfast had a bit of a visit and we both hit the road back home...in opposite directions.. We have been friends for 20 plus years and I am so thankful for the wonderful friends that I have.

Yesterday was a busy day when I got back into town...I did some shopping for spring cleaning and easter decorating....went to see how my daughter was doing at Regional Science Fair, out for supper when that was all done and then to Teen Palm Sunday Mass at 6 pm....we were all ready for an early night last night...and lots of cuddle time.

Today I need to get busy and do some tidying up....gonna pick up dd5 at Kindergarten and then hit the hospital for a cast review and then go to the gym.

Hope all is well and that we have a good turn out today....

Tippy a new home how exciting!

Cathy it sounds like you have your hands full at home and work...keeping everybody organized.

Have a great spring day everyone.

Eliz
Old 04-14-2003, 12:11 PM   #4  

My weekend was busy too. It was perfect weather to work outside so we did. We got a new furniture set for our deck and planted some shrubs. I didn't eat too well but hey, what cha gona do?

I am down to the skip a day pills for my effexor. The only problem I have had is the dizziness. It almost feels like I have been drinking. I can't tell if that is bad or not.

Work is pretty busy today so i will be back later. Chow!
Old 04-14-2003, 12:21 PM   #5  

I am so depressed today I can hardly stand it. I did alot of emotional eating over the weekend due to all my stress. I really think I need a medication change and need therapy again. I just cant seem to move on in my personal life even though I know it is the right thing to do. I have my food all planned today and will stick to the plan no matter what! I am going to stay focused and will be good to myself today no matter what.
Old 04-14-2003, 02:12 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone

It is a grey overcast day here today. I used my light box today....the counsellor said to use it on days like this.

I saw the cousellor on Friday....I don't need to go back again.....unless I get depressed again. She said to manage the depression by taking the antidepressant everyday.....use the light box from October until April every day on awakening for a half hour.

From April to October....to use it on days that are rainy or overcast. I did talk to her about the dieting......for over 30 years....she said dieting will often bring on depression....from the stress of it.....especially when you have been doing it for a long time.....& it gets harder & harder to stick to. She said I should just learn to accept myself the way I am. Actually since I started to go to WW 33 years ago.....I am up 60 lbs!!!! All the years of losing & gaining & losing....that is what I got.....so it is a quandry.....what to do.

One other thing I learned from the counsellor....when women are in a depression.....they want to flee....that is what I did....now that I am feeling good....I don't want to flee any more....so that was a good thing to learn. She said men don't want to flee when they are depressed.

Our DS2 is coming for a visit today with his dog....so I am still getting the stuff off the bed in the spare bedroom....most of it is done now.....I had started to clean out a dresser....an extra one....a few months ago....well the stuff was still there on the bed.

Tippy......You can come & declutter for me. lol

Liz.......your weekend sounds so nice.....it would be really great to do something like that.

Feet.....It is hard to know what to say to you.....I have certainly been there.....just try to get through today. Maybe by tomorrow you will feel a bit better.

April

Last edited by april99; 04-14-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:42 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Gang,

OY its the day b/4 tax day. I stood on line at the post office for 25 minutes ROFL.. I know I know.

SOSDD here, just keeping busy so I stay out of trouble

I'll be back later to catch up (I hope)

Hugs and Kisses !!

Leenie
Closed Thread