Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 09/19/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 09-19-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning IPeeps.

Off to a "crack of dawn" dentist appointment. What a way to start the day. It will be interesting to see if they say anything. I was there 6 months ago, 65 pounds heavier.

When I get home it's back to work even if it is at home. Yuck.

Everyone have a great OP day. Will check in periodically when I get disgusted with "real" work. That doesn't take much. Very stressful job.

Molly
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #3  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Wednesday, nothing really new here. WingnutandMe, I love that pic of the Mustang and I bet the Dentist office is amazed. Have fun.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Good morning all have a great day. long day at work today. so post away so i can do some reading between jobs lol.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!
Day of of Phase 3 - and having blueberries for breakfast was amazing. "What is this strange sweet taste on my tongue?" Blueberries in yogurt, plus scrambled egg whites on an english muffin with a little butter. HOORAY!

Was worried about the expected 2-5 pound gain in Phase 3 - but this is totally worth it.

Happy happy joy joy.

Wishing you all a grand day.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Good Morning!
Day of of Phase 3 - and having blueberries for breakfast was amazing. "What is this strange sweet taste on my tongue?" Blueberries in yogurt, plus scrambled egg whites on an english muffin with a little butter. HOORAY!

Was worried about the expected 2-5 pound gain in Phase 3 - but this is totally worth it.

Happy happy joy joy.

can't wait till i get there.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #7  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!
Nothing like a few Zuke chips for breakfast! Haha, I put them in the dehydrator before bed last night and, wow, they are great this morning. I just had to taste a few but saving the rest because we are going to the ZOO.
I'm so excited. The first field trip for my 3rd grader and her homeschool friends. It is supposed to be a beautiful day and cooler for us (84 is the high).

Going to WI first. It's a day early, but still hoping for good results!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Good Morning!

Happy happy joy joy.

I think I am going to like Phase 3
Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy hump day!

WIngnut, have fun watching the reactions at your appointment

WI Wednesday for me today - get to find out whether I add another trinket to my wrist (I get a little bracelet for every 10 pounds lost, so I have a visual reminder of how far I've come!) - if not this week, it should definitely happen next week!

It's a rainy, blustery day here in MA but the kids got to wear raincoats and rain boots on the walk to school so it was a slightly longer walk, thanks to puddle jumping, worm finding and such One gift that this diet has given me is the energy and stamina to be more active with my kids - for all the other benefits, that is my favorite

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning everyone!

This morning I am headed to the hospital to sit with the husband of a dear friend while she has her stomach scoped. About 4 years ago she had the lap band surgery, lost close to 150 pounds. Then she got pregnant and had some complications with the pregnancy and ended up delivering him naturally with the band full. Well they didn't know it at the time, but it created some problems and now 3 years later she is having major stomach issues. So today they are going to scope her to see what they have to do to correct this issue...there are basically two paths this could go, really bad and ok. It breaks my heart for her. Sadly, she has gained almost all if not more of her original weight back. I really she could have had IP as an option here 4 years ago. So please keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer or just keep her in your thoughts this morning that this will be an easy fix for her and will not require an open abdomen surgery. Thanks everyone.

I am going to the hospital prepared with my snack and a lot of water, hoping to be home before lunch.

Hope everyone has a great 100% OP IP day!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Ugh...many prayers for your friend and her husband, hope the news is as positive as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good Morning everyone!

This morning I am headed to the hospital to sit with the husband of a dear friend while she has her stomach scoped. About 4 years ago she had the lap band surgery, lost close to 150 pounds. Then she got pregnant and had some complications with the pregnancy and ended up delivering him naturally with the band full. Well they didn't know it at the time, but it created some problems and now 3 years later she is having major stomach issues. So today they are going to scope her to see what they have to do to correct this issue...there are basically two paths this could go, really bad and ok. It breaks my heart for her. Sadly, she has gained almost all if not more of her original weight back. I really she could have had IP as an option here 4 years ago. So please keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer or just keep her in your thoughts this morning that this will be an easy fix for her and will not require an open abdomen surgery. Thanks everyone.

I am going to the hospital prepared with my snack and a lot of water, hoping to be home before lunch.

Hope everyone has a great 100% OP IP day!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #12  
Jim V

S/C/G: 214214165

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default Prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Ugh...many prayers for your friend and her husband, hope the news is as positive as possible.
I hope all is well with your friend today, stay positive..
Old 09-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #13  
Jim V

S/C/G: 214214165

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default Have a good day all

well day 6 for me so far so good, weigh in tomorrow due to long hours of work on Fridays. No soda cravings, or even food cravings. Although when i eat the soups I think about crackers. I will get over it. One day at a time
Old 09-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Busy day...
DH and I are going to STOMP tonight, and out to dinner with friends. I am nervous because we are going to a Mexican restaurant.

HELP! I need suggestions for an OP dinner!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #15  

Good morning!! I think I finally busted out of my 4 week plateau!!! I whooshed 5 lbs away overnight!!!! Yes!! Back at losing after a long 4 weeks of nothing!!
Closed Thread