Old 09-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Default Contemplating Signing Up Again

My DIL just started WW and is doing well. She doesn't have much to lose, but when you feel that you need to lose, it's just as important to you as to someone who needs to lose a lot. Her success is getting me to want to sign up, even though I have been unsuccessful with it in the past. I did meeting years ago and online a couple years ago, both without noticeable success. From what I've read it's basically cutting back on your food intake and focusing on fruits, veggies and fiber. I know the meetings can be motivating, but I found the online version lacking in that respect. I guess I'm one who needs the support of meetings.

I don't know what to do. I guess I should give it a month and if it's not working for me then I can quit.

What can you tell me to help me decide?
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

I think you should try it for a month like you said and see how it goes!!! Sometimes you just need the support of others... I would definitely give it a try....
stocco88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I signed up about a year ago and wasnt' able to get into it.. I just signed up again two weeks ago and am doing great this time. Lost almost 8lbs already and am feeling great. Needless to say I am really happy I did.. My sister joined to and is doing good as well.. Go ahead and give it another go.. I think I was not as into it the last time and that is why I didn't do so good.. I think the mind set is what helps to get you to where you want to go.. Hope you stick around and join us.. I know I am glad to be here..

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I did sign up and had my first weigh-in on Wednesday. Lost 5.4 lbs. Yay! I am happy with that for the first week. I know it will slow down from here on in, but I feel I'm off to a good start. Ronnie, you are right about the mindset. Without it you will fail at any weight loss plan you try.

I am going to continue on my own after this first month. The meetings just aren't doing it for me. I mainly wanted to get my supplies and a general idea of how it all worked. I heard that they are changing the plan in 2013. So then you have to put out more money to buy the materials needed for the new plan. This plan is healthy and is working well for me. My blood sugar has dropped considerably and that is a big factor. The best weight loss plan is the one that is healthy and promotes weight loss for you. If at some point I start to fail and feel that I need the meetings I can rejoin. They will not turn me away.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I just recently re-signed up myself. Was following WW for over a year, lost 75 pounds, had surgery, sat around, meds etc, not following plan, put 40 pounds back on. Time for a fresh start! Following the new points plus plan this time around.
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Sometimes with WW you have to try different meetings, maybe a group on a different night would work wonders for you, I have had awesome success with some groups/leaders and not so well with others.

There's a reason they've been around for so long.

I've also found that when I stop going to meetings I don't do as well, if you do go out on your own, try weighing in on the same night maybe, a friend at work is doing it online and it's working great for her, you'll find the best for you.

Best of luck
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote