General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 11:51 PM   #1  

Default Trying to figure out what plan is best......ediets, WW, or BFL/BodyRX?

Hi all

I am new here, and trying to figure out what to do. I am really at my wits end!! I have been on and off WW for quite a while now and can't seem to lose more than about 20 lbs before I just quit. I am looking at ediets, or possibly either BFL or BodyRx. I just feel I need to do something besides WW to lose the weight.

The problem is, I am very used to the flexibility of WW and the Points system. But, maybe that is my downfall.....too much flexibilty?

BFL/BodyRX seem to be interesting programs. I already go to the gym 3x a week and do weights, but I am sure more basic than what these programs have.

My concerns about any of these programs is how restrictive they are. I like to cook......do they allow the use of your own recipes? It seems like ediets you use all of their own suggestions and their recipes.

Just trying to figure out what may work best

Help!

Robin
Old 04-14-2003, 10:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Robin,
You first need to examine why you are quitting the WW plan over and over. Is it something about the plan that you don't like? Are you just tired of dieting-or do you go on a binge and throw in the towel after a while each time and gain all of your weigh back?
If you like the flexibility of WW and being able to cook and all that-then that is a plus for WW or calorie counting...
Whatever you choose, it needs to be something that you can stick to for the rest of your life. A total lifestyle change, and not a "diet." Rather than your problem lying with the actual diet plan...I think yours may lie more in motivation to stick with what you are doing for long periods of time.
To help me stay motivated, and to keep eatin well and exercising-I do a lot of things:
1.) I change my exercise around. I know some women who do the same aerobics video or walk the same exact distance on the same path every single day...liven it up a bit to avoid boredome, and to keep your body challenged. I strength train full body 2 days a week...and I liven the other days up with yoga, Pilates, walking outdoors...I even am taking professional bellydance classes. If you normally do regular aerobics-try step aerobics...if you normally walk-go to the YMCA and swim laps in their pool during their "adult swim" times.
2.) I keep myself from getting bored with the same foods by always checking out new recipes...
3.) I use the support from my friends here at 3FC...I actually belong to the group "Doin' it the Old Fashioned Way" here on this forum under the general diet plans section...we motivate each other every single day-and share wonderful friendships and support. You are more than welcome to join us there!
4.) Reward yourself. Set goals for yourself...and then reward them. Set a goal, for instance, to exercise each day for at least 30 minutes for the next two weeks...when you achieve that-go get yourself a new haircut, or buy a new nail polish in a cool new color-or whatever makes you feel good. You will start looking forward to those little "rewards."
There are many things that you can do, and keep doing to get and keep yourself motivated-so you can get fit, and stay that way for the rest of your life-and end the yo-yo dieting cycle.
I wish you luck in your goals!
Aphil
Old 04-20-2003, 07:26 PM   #3  

I decided to follow Body Rx. It looks to be a fairly easy program to follow, and I enjoy weight training. Hopefully it will work for me and keep me motivated to lose in the long run!!

Robin
Closed Thread