Metabolic Research Center - Willpower vs want power

View Full Version : Willpower vs want power

camaswa
09-17-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't remember where I read this but I thought it was good. For me, willpower only goes so far,but when I really WANT something, I am unstoppable. So instead of gritting my teeth with willpower to say on plan, I like the idea of drawing on the power of what I want. To be thinner, healthier, look sexier, feel proud of myself, love what I see in the mirror! Now that is power!

meazie
09-17-2012, 02:41 PM
A friend of mine shared this on Facebook recently and I like it a lot :) It's along the same lines of the great one you just posted.

Eat for your long term goals, not short term satisfaction!

tamarainopks
09-17-2012, 02:56 PM
OMG I am fighting myself right now just for a nibble of one of the cookies some one brought into the office today!!! I know that nibble would not satisfy me and I would want more... Willpower must stay strong, afterall I gave into it Saturday... :(

skelley331
09-17-2012, 08:58 PM
OMG I am fighting myself right now just for a nibble of one of the cookies some one brought into the office today!!! I know that nibble would not satisfy me and I would want more... Willpower must stay strong, afterall I gave into it Saturday... :(

Here ya go!!!:dust:
You can do it!

briannavirginia
09-17-2012, 09:08 PM
I think its a great way to look at it. I'm 19 and I've struggled with my weight all my life. My current weight is 270.5 and i'd love to lose 100lbs. 120lbs if it was possible. And looking towards my goal is more of a desire than food.

pam745
09-17-2012, 09:18 PM
I needed this! My will power has faded over the last week. I have to remember my WANTS!

camaswa
09-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Here ya go!!!:dust:
You can do it!
Uh, no offense but you are totally missing the point: focusing on what you WANT is a more powerful force than willpower! What do you really want from this wieght loss experience? Focus on that when your willpower is not enough.

skelley331
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Uh, no offense but you are totally missing the point: focusing on what you WANT is a more powerful force than willpower! What do you really want from this wieght loss experience? Focus on that when your willpower is not enough.

sorry i will keep my willpower dust to myself next time.