Simply Filling/Core - Simply Filling/Core Chat: September 15-30, 2012

Vickie
09-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's the middle of the month already!

Here are some new pages.

beach bum
09-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm back again,Thursday I went out to see my new Medjugorji friend Maureen at Dunkin Donuts,and than out with Rita yesterday,and stayed at the restaurant for two shift changes. The waitress were nice and let us stay. Tomorrow is Mary & I are going to a movie[haven't decided what to see] or restaurant if the movie isn't great.

Just wanted to tell you that I finally got:carrot: down to 160.5 :carrot:this morning so now I have 10 more pounds to get to reach my first goal.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,now what is the set up, we are are going to have new pages every other week.

Have a great evening see you guys some time tomorrow

Tejas
09-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the new pages Vickie.

Yes, Maryann...on the 1st and 15th we're creating a new thread. I'm enjoying hearing about how busy you are, and congratulations on the loss.

That's great news about your brother, Sandra. Thanks for telling us.

I'm sick--fever just below 100, sinus congestion, cough, the whole mix. I was supposed to be at a major political fundraiser tonight, but I'm home instead. Oh well, I sent my money in.

We did get out this morning for a bit, but I had to come home. Not before I had bought more plants though. Now, to feel well enough to get them in the ground. soon....

I'm so saddened by the death of our ambassador and his staff.

ontarget
09-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Vickie, thank you for the new pages. This month's flying by, isn't it?

Rhonda, I'm sorry you're sick. Take care of yourself.

Maryann, congratulations on being so close to your first goal. That's impressive.

My brother may go home from the hospital tomorrow. I am amazed! He looks like he's so much healthier already. I'm happy for him. He said he'll prob have his prosthetic by the end of October.

My food is not too bad--not too good either. I will go back to WW Tues to face the scales.

Have a great evening, everyone. I'll catch you later.

Tejas
09-15-2012, 09:17 PM
fever's up to 100.6. :(

Sandra, so glad your brother is up and about and feeling better.

ontarget
09-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Rhonda, be careful. I worry about West Nile Virus.

sloanie
09-15-2012, 10:05 PM
We have had West Nile virus in my town, too! We are trying to be more diligent with repellant. You all be careful! Rhonda, feel better!

nancy237
09-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Sandra..great news about your brother..I know it is a relief to be at this point..

Maryann..I want to know how you hang out at Dunkin Donuts and lose !!!
You go girl !!!!

Took a friend to a neat steak house tonight. He has helped me all year with my yard work, so I treated.. Its about 30 minutes away but worth it..Nice evening..

I have been trying to figure out how to sort what I am keeping & getting rid of in the 2 sheds & garage and keep it all neat enough to show the house at any time. Can't really pull it all out like I normally would.
Today I started a plan & its working. One shed is almost done and most of another shed will be all things I can sell at another yard sale. After those 3 spaces are under control I will just need to continue to sort in the attic.
I have gone thru a lot but want to do more..

I am feeling very peaceful about the house selling whenever it does..even if it takes a long time..Now that the major projects are over I plan to work and
start doing more things that interest me..This house really has been an all day & everyday kinda thing...Its feels good to be on to other things !!!

Tejas
09-16-2012, 11:58 AM
My fever went up, then broke about midnight. I have chest congestion. I doubt that it is WNV--I've used repellant and have not been out much at dawn and dusk. Our area has more cased per capita than anywhere.

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling good about your situation. It's not easy to do what you're doing. Glad that you enjoyed your dinner.

ontarget
09-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Nancy, I am happy everything's going well for you.

Rhonda, be careful.

We're home from church. Yesterday (I thought of you, Rhonda.) we went to Lowe's for birdseed. While we were there, we found Gold Flame Honeysuckle (like the one we brought to TX from MT). We bought several and are going to redo our fenced beds in front of the house. When we got home, I transplanted 8 groundcover rosebushes to the rabbits' bed out back. They have a premium briar patch. :lol: We're going to "jungle up" our place for critters.

Have a splendidly satisfying Sunday, Chickies.

Tejas
09-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Sandra, sounds like fun for the rabbits! I love honeysuckle and I bet the hummingbirds will too.

I did some planting yesterday too...my butterfly garden now has 2 dozen plants in it. I'll have to cull and transplant in a few years, but that's fine. C'mon Monarchs!

As I was gardening, a young man came by and hit me up for cookie dough for a school fundraiser. I know him from the neighborhood. He told me he is now in the 6th grade so I told him when I was in the 6th grade we tried to drive our teacher crazy and that he was to behave better. He promised he would ;)

I didn't have fever during the day yesterday but it went up last night. Now, DH has whatever this is...just colds, I'm sure.

My eating has been limited by not feeling well, so that a plus :lol:

ontarget
09-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Rhonda, a butterfly garden sounds beautiful. We're still looking out the window deciding whether or not to plant this morning or this afternoon. (looks like afternoon)

I'm sorry you and Doyle are sick but am relieved it's not WNV.

nancy237
09-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Wasn't able to get to sleep til 4 am last night.
But I don't have an appointment til 3 , so I am getting started
slow this morning.

When I do job interviews, do you think they will mind if I tell them that I don't
do Monday mornings :rofl:

ontarget
09-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Nancy, :lol:

beach bum
09-17-2012, 01:40 PM

Nice weather so I took advantage and walked along the beach got my grocery shopping done and got a reduction on my cable bill. Was suppose to go to the cemetery but Leo has to wait until tomorrow. After getting back home I don't like to go out again,but I will have to appear at the Town Hall for a town meeting at 9PM for a church permit to have our Rosary Rally at 12 noon on the 13th of Oct instead of the 4 PM slot they promised another woman on the committee.

Other wise nothing new,Mary and I thought the movie Hope Springs was sad. Marriage can be hard enough without having the husband character that Tommy Lee Jones played. TG Leo was never that way.

RHONDA-I like to slow down a little, but I have this week to get through and than things will ease a little. Have to make a 3 bean salad for the soup kitchen this Friday. Have all the ingredients but no time to prepare it. Thanks I hope my weight will no go up, again. Sorry you're not feeling well:getwell: soon. Glad to hear your fever broke,take care.

SANDRA-Thanks I think the 2 day fast is helping me bring my weight down. Don't know what I will do once I reach my final goal if I will continue the fast or just eat little bits of food. Haven't been hungry since the beginning of summer. Happy that your brother is better,and hope everything will go will with his prosthetic in October.

NANCY-It was easy I just ordered coffee and a mini egg,sausage wrap. NO DONUTS ON MY PLATE. Glad that you have a good plan to get the sheds organized. I hate clean out basements or sheds UGH!!

Have a great day

Tejas
09-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Not much here...I stayed home all day long...I didn't even take the dog for her little stroll.

I had two meetings to go to and didn't go to either one of them.

I didn't eat much either :lol:

nancy237
09-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Rhonda..I agree the butterfly garden sounds great. I had a butterfly bush last summer and enjoyed the butterflies that it attracted..

Maryann..its neat that you get to do beach walks so often..Makes me want to move to our NC coast.. I think Hope Springs was kinda sad too..

I had a meeting with my financial guy and he was glad to hear that I am about to job hunt..He has not exactly understood why I worked on the house full time, but I had my reasons..It was thearaputic for me in ways that are hard to explain..Now that the house is under control , I am excited about going to work.

I went clothes shopping tonight..a rarity for me ..I found lots of things on the 65% rack that I will be able to wear to work. Also reorganized my closet so that one closet is work clothes and the other is everything else. A friend is coming tomorrow to help me put together outfits from what I have and we are going shopping for whats missing..All year I have picked up pieces from sales & thrift stores so I have some nice outfits without spending much..

Hi to everyone else...

Vickie
09-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I have a wedding on Sunday...my Cousin's daughter. My cousin is my age and we went to school together and have been friends all our lives. Her daughter used to love being with me when she was a little kid and now I get to see her get married.

I hate the stuff my fat self into pantyhose part....and the heels with my poor plantar faciitis and heel spurs, but I think I can handle it for one night. My dress is really cute. Too bad it is the size it is. Anywhoo.....today is hair and Saturday a mani/pedi. Wednesday I have to go to my Sister's to try and press my dress. I and the store tried to steam it but it didn't get the deep packing wrinkles out. I hope we don't melt it! I haven't ironed in years. It is a synthetic so I know I'll have to be careful. The tag says low iron is ok so keep your fingers crossed for me.

My eating has been great as my hiatal hernia has been bothering me. Maybe God wanted to give me a head start with some help like Rhonda's cold.

I also go to the Doctor on Wednesday to find out about my Vitamin D level and my liver numbers. Darn statins! Thursday morning I'll change my tracker to match the Doctor's numbers, brush off for real, and start over hear too.

Have a great day!

pam920
09-18-2012, 10:31 AM
morning chicks.

Vickie, sounds like a busy week. I take Vitamin D every day. My liver numbers were fine this time around. I quit taking the Niaspan and I think that was the culprit. I still take lipitor.

Maryann, congrats on your weight loss. You are doing great. I'm afraid my scale is going in the wrong direction.

Nancy, will you work full time? Sounds like everything is falling into place for you. Any showings yet?

Rhonda, sorry you've been sick. I'm sure a few pounds will be gone if you aren't eating.

Sandra, are you subbing? How is your brother doing?

sloan, I'm sure you are super busy.

My dh is coming home today. We had rain all day yesterday and it's still here today. Temps have cooled down into the 70's.

Have a good week.

ontarget
09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi there. I am home from WW and, sadly, have changed my tracker. Life goes on. My brother is home from the hospital. He's healing well. I'm going to talk with him later today. I've been trying not to hover over him. It's hard.

Pam, I'm glad dh is coming home. I'll bet you're ready to see him.

Vickie, I wish you and your sister the best of luck getting your dress ready. I'll bet it's beautiful. So are you!

Nancy, sounds like you're readying to go to work. I'm glad you were able to work fulltime on your home.

Rhonda, I need your cold. My tummy thinks I just cut my throat. Oh, well, life goes on.

I'm driving up to a new salon (to me that is) in Burleson in a few minutes to get my hair cut and styled. I haven't had a trim or anything in a long time. Too long! :lol:

Vickie
09-18-2012, 01:40 PM
This is my dress.

http://catherines.lanebryant.com/plus-size-dresses/evening-dresses/nightlife-splendor-dress/4559c4562p143499/index.pro?ci_src=15781033&ci_sku=143499-28362031156&sid=AFFCAxk388453&mcid=AFF

nancy237
09-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Love it !!!
That blue is my favorite !!!

We have a scarey storm here right now..
Its so dark it looks like nighttime & there are tornado warnings too..

I was going to dinner with a friend but she lives 30 minutes from me and
should stay home because of the weather & accidents.

I am having so much fun pulling work outfits together..The last time I worked
was 1990, and I didn't pay alot of attention to my clothes then.
Stay at home mom wardrobe was jeans & tee's..
So this is the first time I have tried to pull together a work wardrobe..

ontarget
09-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Vickie, I'm loving it! Thank you for showing it to us.

Nancy, makes me smile thinking of you having fun putting those outfits together.

LBentley
09-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Hey all!
I am new to this website and I have some questions about calculating points plus values for Mexican food. Can someone provide a rough estimate for the following meal:

1 grilled chicken taco w/ lettuce, onions, and cilantro (no cheese or sour cream)
1 chicken enchilada (no cheese or sour cream)

I saved a 15 points plus value for this meal so hopefully it is under this amount

Thank you!

beach bum
09-19-2012, 12:09 PM

Storm passed us by the only thing we got was wind.But it still looks like it might rain so I didn't walk today.

Otherwise nothing is new here. I'm staying home today,going to work on my kitchen & bathroom,along with washing my sheets & pillow cases.

Maryann..its neat that you get to do beach walks so often..Makes me want to move to our NC coast.. I think Hope Springs was kinda sad too..

NANCY-Thanks I like going to the beach for my beach walking,when I'm not fasting,with 480 calories. I'm doing low carbing with fasting 2 days a week that's helping me. The after the fast day my stomach feels like it shrunk where I don't eat that much. I really like to get down to my original weight between 140 & 145 which I was 15 year ago. That movie was certainly sad for some woman that are in those circumstances.I didn't know that you're going back to work,I guess I must be careful and not skim but actually read the posts.Best of luck in your new career,and have fun deciding what to wear.

Maryann, congrats on your weight loss. You are doing great. I'm afraid my scale is going in the wrong direction

PAM-Glad that you had a alternative to another meds that working for you. I'm on Leschol for my cholesterol and Tricor for my triglycerides. I'll have to be on these meds for the rest of my life as my liver doesn't remove the cholesterol . Thanks the only way I can lose is to fast like I posted Nancy.

I am home from WW and, sadly, have changed my tracker. Life goes on. My brother is home from the hospital. He's healing well. I'm going to talk with him later today. I've been trying not to hover over him. It's hard.

SANDRA-Happy that the surgery went well and your brother is doing fine. You went thought enough this week and you weren't able to control your eating. I'm sure being home you will be able to go back to your weight loss routine and loss again.

I have a wedding on Sunday...my Cousin's daughter. My cousin is my age and we went to school together and have been friends all our lives. Her daughter used to love being with me when she was a little kid and now I get to see her get married.

VICKIE-Thats wonderful that you can be at your friends Daughter wedding. I'm sure you will look stunning in that dress. I agree with Nancy that the perfect color I love all shades of blue.

I am new to this website and I have some questions about calculating points plus values for Mexican food.

LBENTLEY-When I'm looking up calories in food I usually go to Living-strong.com or just type [nutritional value on the type of food you're looking for] on your browser and get the info.

Have to go,have a great day

ontarget
09-19-2012, 06:11 PM
L, :welcome:. That's good advice Maryann gave you. From what I'm seeing a soft chicken taco is 5 pts. A chicken enchilada is also 5 pts; so if you limit your meal to those 2 and nothing else, you still have 5 pts left from your 15 to spend however you wish.

Maryann, thank you for your encouragement. Today is Day 2 back OP. Life is good.

We were outside most of the day today. We had a man helping us transplant 22 groundcover rose bushes and 20 honeysuckles. Hope the rabbits appreciate all the hard work. :lol: I made WW spaghetti on whole wheat pasta for lunch. I am thinking a "diet" sandwich for dinner.

Ya'll have a good evening.

Tejas
09-19-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm going to stop eating all wheat and see what, if anything, happens. I do not eat much as it is, but I'll see if this helps. I am also not eating dairy, except for milk in my coffee.

I spent most of today in the house, reading a book about a murder that took place here in 2002. A police officer murdered his wife and almost got away with it. But, he did not--he's in jail. The book was written by a woman reporter who was helpful in making sure a trial happened. I am part of a reading groups and this is our book to discuss tomorrow night.

nancy237
09-20-2012, 12:59 AM
How do all of you find these fun & interesting groups ??
Rhonda..I need to find a reading group..That sounds fun.

The marker for Robin's gravesite was placed today. I couldn't handle the first part where they dug down 2 feet to put a foundation under it. Sat that out in the car..But after that my daughter & grandson & I enjoyed the time and were thrilled with how the marker came out. We have to wait 3 days to place flowers in the vase and then I will get some photos..

Tomorrow I am spending the night with my cousin and we plan to go shop, see a movie and eat out..

Sandra..If you run out of space to plant ,come on down here !!

ontarget
09-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Nancy,:hug:

We had a good day out. I just finished watering the new plant babies and am now ready to just "chill." My eating's good. I weighed this morning and am down about 1.5 lbs from Tuesday.

Rhonda, enjoy your reading group. Let us know how cutting out wheat works.

sloanie
09-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Nancy, look at Meetup.com. You can put in your interests and it will link to groups that are meeting near you. My daughter found a group that does crafts, a book club, and a knitting group. It is for anyone that is interested in meeting new people. It is not a dating service. The groups she joined were all women.

Tejas
09-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Nancy, I'm happy to hear that you and the family are pleased with the marker. Watching them dig would not have been something I would want to do either.

I found this reading group through a woman at church. She invited me to join it. There's about 8-10 total, and about 6-8 make it on any one night. The meeting was good tonight. Since this murder happened here a number of people knew some of the people in the story. But, I was the only one who even knew someone who had been affected by a murder personally. The mother of a good friend of mine was murdered by her boyfriend. Actually, I knew someone who was convicted of murder--just remembered that. it was a former teacher from my hometown--he murdered his another man in a love triangle.

Two days of cutting wheat has not been too hard. I bought bread made with rice and potato flour, and I like it. And, of course, there are wheat free cookies :lol: I miss yogurt.

Tomorrow I'm working in the yard.

Vickie
09-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Can you believe the wedding for Sunday was cancelled!!!!! Gotta go return Jim's sport coat and the rest of his outfit. Haven't decided what to do about my dress. Sheesh. Those kids must be losing a boat load of money on deposits for the hall and all the other stuff....her dress and all the bridesmaids dresses. Oh well.

Off to return land.

nancy237
09-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Vickie..wow..did someone back out?? Hope there isn't a devastated groom
or bride to be...

I had so much fun yesterday..Went to my cousins and we thrift store shopped,
went to eat , caught a movie and then I spent the night..She showed me how to
bid on Ebay for things about to end and I got a few necklaces for $1 or $2 with free shipping..Fun !!

Need to work around the house & yard this weekend..

Beautiful weather here today !!

I have done meetup for a ladies hiking group but never thought about a reading group..I will have to look for one..Thanks for the idea..

ontarget
09-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Nancy, do you use PayPal? What do you think of it?

Vickie, wow! But keep the dress! It's gorgeous. I don't know what to say about the wedding except it's better to find out now than later. Sad.....

Rhonda, Antique Alley is in full swing. We have other plans Sat and Sun, though, so we won't be partaking.

I subbed in Senior Physics today. Curtis and I went out for fish for dinner and are now settled in for the evening. There's a lot of activity between Cleburne and Grandview due to AA. Looks like they will be having a better event this time since the weather is awesome.

sloanie
09-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I am going crazy in "statistics ****". We started a little weight loss group at school, and I am hoping that will get me motivated. I am so busy and stressed about my statistics class that I am neglecting everything. Definitely need to find balance between stats and life! lol

ontarget
09-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Sloan, be careful. Curtis got an ulcer when he took statistics.

nancy237
09-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Sloan..you have a lot on your plate..I couldn't handle half what you are
juggling..

Sandra..I have never had a problem with PayPal. My netflex payment goes thru
Pay Pal also. Once they contacted me that someone was attempting to use my paypal and had me change my account info..I don't know how they knew but they were fast to correct it.

Went on a walk today on a nature trail today and watched about 6 deer that let me get within 20 feet of them.

ontarget
09-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Thank you, Nancy.

sloanie
09-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Sandra, I'm thinking a nervous breakdown is in my future :carrot: I have the option of putting the class on hold, and I am considering it. If I stop for now, I can resume the class in the summer when I have more time. I have another online class starting Oct 15, and I don't think I can handle both. My "real" classes start in January. I will be going one night per week for 18 months. Now that I have seen how studying affects my other activities, I'm sure one class at a time during the school year is the right way for me to do this. That's why I am considering waiting to finish stats in the summer when I don't have school responsibilities.

Nancy, we see deer and other animals all the time where we live. Seeing them always reminds me of God's provision for us! I usually give a quick "thanks" when I see them. BTW, when my "real" classes start, I will not be doing my Bible study. That frees up Monday and Saturday commitments. I am also considering putting my painting on hold as well. I am really learning a lot about my mature adult self and how I am handling all of my activities. It is definitely much, much harder than when I was younger.

ontarget
09-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Sloan, I took classes during the school year, too, back "in the day." It was hard. You're smart to take one at a time. We don't want you having a breakdown.

Curtis is sick this morning. We don't know if it's allergies or cold. I'm guessing allergies, but I don't have the diploma. If he's not better by Monday, I am insisting he get a shot. (even without my diploma)

My food is good. My weight is going back down. And I got a compliment yesterday. I'm a happy camper.

sloanie
09-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Can someone remind me if there are any core salad dressings that are "ready made". I don't want to make one :dizzy:

Tejas
09-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Get a shot of what, Sandra? Bourbon might do the trick! Bourbon helps with statistics too--it clears the head. :lol:

Wow, a canceled wedding. I'm with Sandra--keep the dress. We have a family wedding in two weeks.

I had my niece, her husband and their grandson (my 10 year old great nephew) over for dinner last night. We enjoyed ourselves but the casserole I made was really bland. That didn't stop my nephew from eating almost every piece of chicken in it. It had all the right ingredients: chicken, wild rice, mushrooms, leeks, white wine, sour cream, almonds, etc...but just not much pizzazz.

I didn't have much luck with my pancakes this morning either. I used almond flour instead of wheat flour and they did not puff up when cooking and were very thin. I added some wheat flour to the mix and that made all the difference. Next time I'll mix wheat and almond flour and see how they turn out.

My foot is still painful off and on, but I have been able to sleep a few nights with no pain medications. However, the foot remains slightly swollen which affects how it fits in shoes and how it feels. Oh well, it does improve and that's what matters.

I hope you have a great first day of Fall.

ontarget
09-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Sloan, old CORE any fat free salad dressings are CORE.

Rhonda, a shot of bourbon sounds good to me.

I dodged Antique Alley to get to the store this morning. In doing that, I learned a brand new way and got to see a lot of new scenery. We had lo spaghetti for lunch. Afterwards, I had 12 pts of Dove's Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds. Is that healthy? :lol:

Curtis is feeling better. We have folks coming out in a few minutes to fling arrows. I hope he feels well enough to do some coaching. A young (8th Grade) boy and his father (HS VP) are coming as well as one of my gf's. Should be fun. But then my nose isn't running. :D

nancy237
09-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Afterwards, I had 12 pts of Dove's Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds.

Hoping that isn't 12 pints :eating2:

:rofl:

ontarget
09-22-2012, 07:55 PM
:lol: Don't I wish. No, it was 12 points.

sloanie
09-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks, Sandra. Now that you mention it, there have been a few changes in core. I know that they added bread, but I don't know much more than that. Old core worked well for me. Besides the bread and ff dressing changes, is there anything else that you can tell me? I believe if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

ontarget
09-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Changes:

SF/FF pudding is no longer free
Neither is ketchup
Diet bread is free.

That's all I can remember right now, Sloan. I hope this helps. I agree, though, that Old CORE works. In fact, I have a gf who's lost 50 lbs since first of the year doing old CORE.

Tejas
09-22-2012, 10:55 PM
12 pints of bourbon would be a lot :lol:

sloanie
09-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks, Sandra. "My core program" still considers sf/ff pudding and ketchup as free, and will only use bread if there has been no potato, rice, or pasta chosen for the day.

Just googled "ww core food list" and found a few. There have been a few changes. I think I am going to try out my own version and see what happens.

ontarget
09-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Sounds good, Sloan. I just remembered new CORE doesn't include avocados or olives (I think.)

ontarget
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR RHONDA......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU........:bday2you::bday2you::bday2::woo::woo::w oo:

Tejas
09-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Thank you Sandra...#67 it is.

I bet I've had 3000 calories! We went out for a fancy brunch and I had two champagne cocktails, then I had lobster benedict. It was so rich. Of course, i should have had a light dessert, but NO I had chocolate cake! It was soooo good.

Doyle bought me FIVE bouganveillia hanging plants to put on the screened-in porch. They are different colors, and one in variegated. They are, of course, beautiful.

The day had some sadness in it. My late brother-in-law's cousin died today. He was close, as are his children. He was a wonderful, talented man--a physician-researcher at John's Hopkins. He could also make the world's best martini. ;)

ontarget
09-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you had a special day, but am sad to hear of the death of your loved one. Five bougainvillas sound awesome! You're going to get a lot of enjoyment looking at them. Chocolate cake! Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

ontarget
09-24-2012, 09:29 AM
I won! Last and First! Haven't done that in a long time. We've been awake since 3:30 this morning. Curtis couldn't breathe due to allergies. I don't know what was up with me, but I'm feeling fine. A gf is coming at 9 to visit and fling arrows. The weather is gorgeous. We have a good day for it. Curtis is going to get an allergy shot so he'll be feeling better. We'll prob nap this afternoon.

nancy237
09-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Sandra..you are funny..
I used to post late on Sunday night and then we started a new thread Mon am..
I have a long list of little stuff today that I am going to try to get done..
Just having another coffee first..:coffee:

There are 2 school speech positions , both about 30 minutes away..
I may just watch for something closer for the next month .
I think I will used that time to work on Me ..
...Exercise, work on a routine, visit brother in Ga, beach trip,
clothes shop..I am going to look up some meetup groups to hike, bike & eat with.

ontarget
09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Nancy, enjoy your "Me" time. You've earned it.

Curtis got his shot and is eating a popsicle. Some kids never grow up. :lol:

Tejas
09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Lazy day here. DH is not feeling well; Kyra (doggie) is not eating; and I'm sorting stuff and not eating much after yesterday's pig out.

ontarget
09-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Rhonda, :hug: to you all.

Tejas
09-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Both DH and Kyra ate supper. I accused them of being malingerers.

We are watching a PSB program on Carl Sandburg. I love him. "The fog comes on little cat feet...." He was quite an interesting person, a civil libertarian, as well as a great poet.

pam920
09-25-2012, 10:16 AM
morning chicks.

Happy belated birthday Rhonda.

Sandra, my hubby eats popcicles all the time. Sugar free of course.

Nothing new here. I need to get serious about losing this weight. Go for my stess and echo tomorrow.

Have a good week.

beach bum
09-25-2012, 10:56 AM

I'm back for a while,just wanted to let you know that everything is fine with me, I'm going to MV with Alice today. Yes you saw right!!, I'm giving her a second chance to me my friend.

The Lord has blessed me with two other new friends that I have to fit in my schedule. Going to go out to coffee with one of them tomorrow morning after Mass and than I will meet Rita in the afternoon. The other woman I think will meet next week when Rita is down in New York.

Have to go, will be back soon.Hopefully Oct will be a quieter month for me.Have a great day

Love Maryann

ontarget
09-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad they're eating again. Curtis is, too. Don't like it when our loved ones are under the weather.

Pam, he's eating regular ones. I like SF ones when I eat them. (I like reg ones, too.)

Maryann, have fun at MV. And we can never have too many friends. Enjoy yours.

I lost 3 lbs this week and am feeling frisky. Going for a pedi/mani after lunch. Speaking of lunch, I have to go. We're eating at home and the timer's about to go off. Have a great day.

Tejas
09-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks, Pam. I had a good day.

Kyra is a little better; DH is sicker. I made him go to the doctor today and he came home with antibiotics and other drugs. I hope he feels better soon; he hurts. We are supposed to keep the GK's on Friday but that might not happen.

I went to tap practice and walked around for a while. Then, I took a long nap and did almost nothing all day. I haven't lost an ounce! :(

ontarget
09-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Rhonda, I hope those antibiotics kick in and Doyle's feeling better soon. And I hope you get to keep the grands Friday. I know you enjoy that.

I've been playing a lot of Sudoku to keep me out of the fridge. Have to keep those hands busy. :lol:

nancy237
09-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Rhonda...hoping things improve fast there...

Sandra..I like sudoka too..

Pam... how did your test go ???

Maryann...maybe Alice will appreciate your friendship this time !!!

Sloan...how is the schedule going??

I went out with friends tonight and had 2 glasses of wine..well you would think I had a whole keg because i have been texting all my friends and family about how much they mean to me LOL

So..I want all of you to know how much you mean to me..we have been
through joys & sorrows thru the years. One day I am going to travel the country and have dinner with each of you that want to !!!

I have a repeat showing on Sat (its in their top 3 ) and a showing tomorrow..

Tejas
09-26-2012, 10:38 PM
:woohoo: Nancy's coming to dinner!!!! :cheer2:
Good luck with the house showings.

Doyle feels better tonight. We're planning to have the GK's Friday night.

I have an extremely busy day tomorrow. I hope I survive it. Tap, meeting, gym, niece to art, meeting, church dinner...tired just thinking about it.

ontarget
09-26-2012, 10:54 PM
:woohoo: Nancy. You mean a lot to me, too. Glad you're coming to dinner!

Rhonda, enjoy your day tomorrow.

We're going to Grandparents' Day at school for Alexa tomorrow. Well, it's for us, too. :lol: Should be fun. After that we'll get things ready for our Houston trip Friday morning.

pam920
09-27-2012, 08:07 AM
morning chicks. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Stress test went well. Their treadmill had issues so ended up having stress on table, instead of walking. I go Friday to get my results. Keeping fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

Maryann, hope you had a good time with Alice. You are a busy lady these days.

Nancy, that's good they are showing your house. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Dinner with all of us sounds like a great plan.

Sandra, I think they had grandparents day last week or the week before for my granddaughter. Have fun.

Rhonda, are you going to tap again soon? HOw is your foot doing?

Have a good day.

ontarget
09-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Pam, I hope your tests come back good--as expected.

Grandparents' Day was a success. Now we're readying for our trip to Houston tomorrow. I'll be the lady in black. :lol:

pam920
09-27-2012, 03:55 PM
oooh, lady in black. sounds mysterious

ontarget
09-27-2012, 09:17 PM
:devil:

Tejas
09-27-2012, 10:47 PM
I am worn out! I'm taking drugs and going to bed!

Pam, I'm not really tapping, just going through the choreography. And, today I didn't even do that. I watched the rehearsal and gave a critique.

Sandra, have fun in Houston this weekend. We're supposed to go to an all years' reunions Saturday but we have decided to say home. It's my 50th next year--that will be enough, especially since I'm on the planning team and will be seeing people all year.

beach bum
09-28-2012, 11:04 AM

I'm back after another hectic week,but it was a happy week. Spent time with my friends dining in one of our local restaurants and than on Thursday's Adoration along with choir practice. Wow!!! the latter is going to change,our choir director is finally feeling her oats and told choir members that she's the boss and she is going to pick the songs and if they don't like it the should leave the choir. She also going to advertise in the bulletin to get new younger choir members and the practice time is going to change from 3PM to 6-7PM to entice the working woman & man. Before this happened she called me almost in tears that she was going to resign but I talked her out of that, I told her that I would stand behind her. She told the group that the Pasteur is going to move the tabernacle closer to the alter,which was my idea.

Other wise nothing is happening,except I down to 159 again except for the .5 that I gained this morning but I not worried as that fluctuation.

Very happy the new season on tv is here,Saw Person of Interest and Elementary last night,and today NCIS NY and Blue Bloods.

So now you know what I was up to,now I Have to go and get my prescriptions and errands done now that I have free time.

Will com back this afternoon and read your post and see what you guys were up to.

pam920
09-28-2012, 02:39 PM
hello chicks.

Maryann, that is wonderful that you are in the 150's. Keep up the good work.

Rhonda, you'll be tapping before you know it.

Back from Dr. Getting a heart cath on the 8th. Showing a small blockage, but with women, sometimes it's our dense breast tissue. He knows I'm going to Florida soon, so we are doing the heart cath to be on the safe side. It's in the same artery I have the stent in, but further down from it. Told him I needed to be back in Florida by Nov 1st so I can vote.

Need a nap.

Tejas
09-28-2012, 11:03 PM
3 grandkids and 1 great niece over for dinner and playtime...grands for sleep over...whew, tired!

Vickie
09-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Happy Saturday. I'm in the middle of lots of projects and I'm mostly watching what I eat. Getting used to my new orthotics and having some pain so will have to deal with that soon. Getting new glasses and doing all sorts of planning for the multiple Fall birthdays in our family. Today I'm going shopping for two sales that end today. I slept late. I was so tired from everything I worked on yesterday. Mostly budget. Ugh.

Rhonda, hang in there with your foot. I'm approaching 2 years on mine and it is just now beginning to feel normal without pain every day.

Pam, worried about you. Hope your tests come out ok. I'd faint if they told me I needed a procedure. My eye doctor told me I have cataracts started and I was upset! Never mind the heart.

Sloan, you sound like you bit off more than you can chew....just like me!

Sandra, have fun on your trip. Congratulations on your 3 pounds. What on earth are you doing girl. Please share!

Mary Ann, it was kind of you to give Alice a second chance. None of us are perfect.

Nancy....where are you? I've been reading and the last I remember was something about a guy........

Have a great weekend Chicks!

nancy237
09-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Pam..sounds like they are on top of things with your tests..could they do a stent in that same artery if they needed to??

Vickie..no guys !! just house showings and shopping..Had 2 showings today
that were 2nd very interested couples..Went to look at a darling cottage style house in my favorite neighborhood. Its in great condition & has updated baths & kitchen. Its on a street that has decent traffic thru but I think I would get used to that. Wondering if the cat would stay out of the street?? He seems to stay close to the house lately..Very near the pool and nature trail going to a huge 300 acre nature park..It seems high per square foot..Deciding whether to make an offer before I have a contract on this house...

sloanie
09-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Hey chicks! I just finished baking the last of the four two layer wedding cakes that I am making for next Saturday. They will be thawed on Thursday, iced and coated with fondant on Friday, and have sugared grapes added on Saturday after I deliver them to the wedding site. Have eaten cake today :(

Nancy, sounds like things are busy with your house showing. It's good that you have had so many "lookers". The cottage sounds cute! I hope you get exactly what you want.

Vickie, I have bitten off a huge chunk and am trying to nibble at it every day. I think if I can hang in there, things will be more settled in January. I'm glad you slept in; sounds like you needed it.

Pam, I'm sorry you have to have the heart cath, but it really is the best test. Hope you are back on your feet quickly!

Maryann, I am so happy for your weight loss! You go girl!!

Rhonda, how was the sleep over?

Sandra, we need pics of the lady in black :devil:

Hope you chicks have a restful Sunday! TTFN

Vickie
09-30-2012, 05:58 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I couldn't sleep. Been up since 3:15 this morning. Bad dreams, allergies....sinus headache. Got the whole house up. I tried to skulk out the bedroom. Brodie started whining and woke Jim up. So now we are all up looking at each other. Actually, Jim started laundry. Ugh. There is definitely a nap in our future.

ontarget
09-30-2012, 08:14 PM
We're back. Had a wonderful trip, saw several friends, enjoyed wonderful food, and am now readying for Curtis' bro and his wife to get here tomorrow. They are coming for a day trip. Would you believe we've lived here 5 years and this is their first time here? Ever! They live just south of Austin less than 200 miles away. It'll be good to see them.

I'm subbing Tues-Fri for High School Ag classes.

I have probably gained this week, but I am committing to all of you that I will go to WW Tues afternoon.

Vickie, I'm doing Points Plus. When I stick to my daily points allotment and don't use many WAP's, I lose rather quickly. I've been yo-yo'ing the last few months. Every time I get to or near the 170's, I pop back up. Right now, WW is having us make a challenge (optional, of course) for the 8 weeks up to Thanksgiving. This is the end of Week 1. I'll have a gain what with our eating frenzy on our trip and also having to go to an afternoon WI instead of an AM one. My plan after this week is to lose 1 lb per week till Thanksgiving. (I'm just hoping I haven't gained 8 lbs this week. I'd like to be in the 170's Thanksgiving and not right where I am now. :lol:

Pam, let us know what you find out. I am so glad your doctor is having you take precautionary tests. I hope all is well and you get down to Florida to vote.

Rhonda, you're probably more tired than we are what with having grands over, but I'm also guessing you had a wonderful time with them. I hope you get back to tap tap tapping soon. I know you're ready.

Nancy, what did you decide about the cottage? It sounds cute.

Sloan, no pics, my friend. We forgot our camera. Curtis was in several photos with his classmates, but I managed to dodge the cameras.

I know this will bore ya'll, but I need to look at what I ate in writing. I'm not going to detail but will list an overview here. (IT WAS BAD!!)

Friday
b--fruit
l--Subway--------Good so far. Now for the avalanche!
d--Mexican Restaurant with relatives
s--homemade Mississippi Mud Cake with relatives

Saturday
b--Sausage, etc with relatives
l--We ate at a wonderful seafood restaurant with friends
s--light afternoon snack with other friends
d--Curtis' 50th Reunion---buffet, etc...

Sunday
b--I actually had a fruit plate--We ate with some of Curtis' classmates.
l--Snacky lunch with other friends.
s--Burger King on the way home
s--Hershey's Milk chocolate/almonds, cheese crackers, banana
d--Haven't had it yet but may have half a sandwich

Well, that's it for this weekend. I went wayyyyyy beyond my WAP's but could have done worse. Tomorrow--Monday--I'm OP even with our BIL and SIL here. Life goes on.

Hope this didn't bore you too much. I love you, girls.

ontarget
09-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Guess I'm the last one here in Sept unless someone gets here soon.

Vickie
10-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Sandra, you could have done way WAY worse. And.....the fact that you remember all that you ate to me means that you are mindful of what you were doing. You decided to do it anyway, but at least you were mindful. Next time, maybe you'll decide against one or two things. Good for you.