Faith Based Support Groups - Prayer Warriors All Faiths #2

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Prayer Warriors All Faiths #2

midwife
09-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Gary, add me to the list of those holding you in my thoughts and prayers.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-14-2012, 12:49 PM
PRAYER WARRIORS ~ All Faiths 2012 ~ Thread #2 (GARY'S Intro)

Time to start a new thread ladies and gents.

So much to pray for but looking back I see so many prayers have been answered in ways that have brought happiness and understanding into our lives.

God does hear our prayers and answers them in His will and in His time as we bring them to Him through His Son.

May the new year bring us here often to share our needs and pray for all who ask.

Many blessings in 2012 are waiting for us ... :hug:

As long as I live I will TESTIFY OF HIS LOVE!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-14-2012, 12:57 PM
CURRENT PRAYER LIST: ^Prayers^ continue for present needs ...

Thank You GOD, for the gift of Life and your awesome Love; Thank you GOD, for all the blessings you send our way; Thank you GOD, for hearing & answering our prayers for healing today; Thank you GOD, for doctors & surgeons & all medical helpers; Thank you GOD, for providing the best treatments & drugs & the funds to pay for them; Thank you GOD, for family & friends & Prayer Warriors; Thank you GOD, for your Mercy & Grace & Peace & Comfort & Hope & yes, even Joy during these trials we face; Thank you GOD, for our LORD JESUS CHRIST, by whose stripes we are healed; and Thank You GOD, for being such a faithful Father & Friend, one that we can trust & lean on each & every day ... Amen.

BARGOO ~ good health; remission of cancer; latest tests great! PRZ GOD!
Bargoo's Son(s) ~ DAVID: bless his marriage. One has diabetes too: prayers he will be able to make healthier lifestyle choices.
Bargoo's church member ~ Wendy & kids; DH commited suicide
URSULA ~ BROTHER in alcohol re-hab: please set this captive free; grief prayers; restore his health & family. May your Kingdom come upon him, and your will be done in his life.
GARY's SIL ~ SUE MILLER: had a stroke/clots; speech issues; prayers for healing, restoration, peace & comfort for SUE, husband KEN, and family. PRZ GOD, Sue is now back home in San Diego, CA; but still needs lots of therapy.
GARY MILLER ~ esophageal cancer/tumor; ^Prayers^ for sustenance, hydration & to gain weight. PRAIZE GOD: *** date for surgery is -- FEBRUARY 25 at 3 pm ... praying for surgical team; a successful surgery with no complications & quick recovery; GARY & family for comfort and peace (before, during, and after) ... :)
GARY's sister, ANNIE (Denise) ~ surgery done on Nov 5th, 2012. Prayers for full remission.
GARY'S FRIENDS ~ young GAVIN, and JIM from the Lutheran Church in San Diego, CA -- who are both battling cancer at this time. We pray for GOD's mercy, and healing power in their bodies; plus for peace & comfort & the best treatments too.
GARY ~ DDF, MARK; re: soldier with PTSD (bad memories)
DANE ~ Washington state: serious blood infection; wisdom for doctors for best meds/treatments. Elder sister needs special care & healing as well.
KYLIE ~ 4 years old; needs new heart ASAP; Alaska.
ADELINE ~ little girl with health issues; Lutheran Pastor Henry's daughter in Fort Wayne, Indiana; Praize GOD she is doing better.
ROSE'S SIL ~ lung cancer; comfort & peace & healing; best treatments; wisdom for doctors; comfort for her brother (Rose's DH).
ROBERT ANNAND ~ cancerous tumor on neck just below his ear; has spread to kidneys/brain and doctors feel that treatments won't help, but I still wish they would try. Prayers for comfort, peace, love, and mercy for Robert at this time. Dear JESUS, may your Kingdom come upon him, and YOUR WILL be done in Robert's life today.
BOB BLACKBURN ~ multiple myeloma cancer (second time) attacking his back, jaw, and hip; presently getting chemo treatments; peace & comfort & healing grace for BOB & his wife, Francine (for fatigue).
GEORGE WINGER ~ 62, Orangeville, ON, Canada; tumor in back; needs to shrink; cancer cells contained; peace, comfort, mercy & saving grace for him and his wife, Alverna, and family.
PAT BELAIR ~ PRZ GOD; Pat finished his chemo rounds; pain in one of his hips; tests found nothing yet.
WILMA'S brother, LARRY ~ on chemo round #2 for tumors on his brain; prayers for healing/shrinkage/removal, comfort, and peace for all.
MURRAY JAMES ~ double lung cancer; may remove one lung & operate on the other. Getting chemo twice a week right now to shrink tumors. Wife, Linda. Prayers for peace, strength & comfort for both of them.
KATHARINE MARGARET ~ 42 yy; Northern BC; advanced MS; in a nursing home. Has great care & her angel friend DAVID who visits her daily & helps so much. May GOD bless them both with his Loving Comfort & Peace always.
JULIE GOODWIN ~ PRAIZE GOD, Julie's health totally restored.
DANIS TOUTTIT ~ severe diabetes; she's doing well right now. PRZ GOD!
MAGGIE JUPP ~ fibro; depression; PRZ GOD, she's back home.
DEE ~ for AL, who has passed over; esp prayers for peace for his wife, GINA, and family ... :hug:
DEE ~ BOSS continues to recover from Mono; DEE herself for grief after losing her furry baby.
WENDALYN ~ her niece; continued good health.
DANIELLE ~ healing of emotional-response eating.
KAREN ~ her 2nd grandson (+ stepbrother); custody battle; kids OK & get bi-weekly visits with Mother. MISSY ~ PRZ GOD, knees are getting better.
KAREN's ~ son, MIKE: had seizures; doctors need wisdom for best meds. Prayers for good health; PRZ GOD for great friends & caregivers.
IRISWhispers ~ schooling osteo medicine/funding; part-time job.
BB PRINCESS ~ kidney stones; relief of pain & infections.
COLTON ~ 22 y/o; leukemia; had chemo; bone marrow transplant caused illness. Prayers for healing touch & peace & comfort for Colton & his family. Prayers for full remission.
RONNI's Mom, JUNE ~ schizo-bipolar. PRZ GOD for successful hip surgery @ Mayo Clinic.
RONNI'S ~ mom's Christian friend, LEITHA: colon cancer; chemo didn't help; try other possible treatments/surgery??? We pray for a special comfort & peace for her & her family ... :hug:
RONNI ~ multiple health issues; stress relief; MS: pray for remission & wholeness. Guidance regarding future/moving?
RONNI's DH ~ PRAIZE GOD -- His job/pension/benefits have been reinstated. Peace & safety at work. Needs direction regarding new job???
RONNI's DS1 ~ separated; having marriage problems (4 kiddies).
PATTY H ~ back issues & Fibromyalgia: pray for remission; good nursing school grades.
PATTY's SON ~ heal ear infection & lump on bone; restore hearing; needs job.
TRISH ~ Pray for & Praize GOD for better home situation & relief of stress; healing of relationships. Prayers Toni's discs & arm be healed of pain issues; back surgery on Feb 18; prayers for complete success. Restoration of finances; blessings.
LISALOU ~ finances: DH job at YMCA/or direction?
LOOSE SEAL ~ PRZ GOD: SIL with thyroid cancer/removed & contained; another SIL with aggressive breast cancer/tumor: chemo, radiation & surgery needed; contain C-cells; peace, comfort & strength for all.
TBMMOM'S ~ DH: recovery from heart by-pass surgery & depression; and healthier lifestyle choices FTDF ...
NELLY's Son's FIL ~ RANDY G. in Texas/56yy; at home now & returned to work. PRAIZE GOD for this amazing miracle!!!
NELLY'S FATHER ~ the beginnings of memory problems; his wife/stepmother & family need prayers about a house sale & family reconciliation.
NELLY ~ increased income: mechanic's garage; needs: personal, car, home, schooling. Spring & latter rains for a great garden this year; PRZ GOD: her heart is fine ... :)
NELLY's MIL, ELSIE ~ early stage breast cancer; options good. FIL: health issues too.
LAURA ~ sister's family need new place to live before December 1st. Hope you found one!!!
KITTYCAT ~ DH's real estate business in NY to pick up; more work for her as well (enuff to cover all their needs+); PRZ GOD for increases this year ...
BOOTSIE ~ cholesterol levels normal; David's shingle's virus/pain to go completely; protection from wild animals; Thank You for all the rain for Bourke County, Texas.
BEVERLYJOY's SISTER in CA ~ severe back problem; recovering from her 4th surgery; prayers for merciful pain relief & complete healing.
TREADMILER ~ (SoCal) 46 y/o widower with 2 teens; would like to find a wife to share his life with; may God bring them together.
ROSEBUD's ~ BIL, TOM M; contain aneurysm; pain relief (mild lower back pain); better appetite; peace for his wife, Denise.
ROSEBUD's DAD ~ BILL S: PRAIZE GOD -- polyps clear of C-cells & heart OK. Wife GRACE ~ PRZ GOD for successful surgery; healing well. Chemo rounds done; praying will prevent tumors in future. Guidance regarding future of C-8 home.
ROSEBUD's Brother, RPS ~ struggling: pain & loneliness, turning to alcohol again. Jesus, we pray for a release from this bondage to alcohol: set this captive free; filling him with peace of mind, body & spirit through your blessed Holy Spirit. May he find comfort in loving family & friends, but mostly in YOU! May your Kingdom (Spirit) come upon him; and your will be done in his life. Bless him for all the help he has been giving us; gives him a sense of purpose. Prayers for upcoming knee surgery soon; hoping surgery will succeed to stop pain completely. PRZ GOD -- answers to prayer: said he was glad we are all praying for him; and when his leg heals after surgery, he hopes to get a part time job too! Now, that's answered prayer ... :)
ROSEBUD's DH ~ Alzheimer's/OCD/Asbergers/Insomnia/depression; PEACE & Joy of Spirit; positive attitude/words; peaceful & healing sleep. May your Kingdom (Spirit/Love) come upon him, and your will be done in his life. PRAYER NOTE: DH is still having trouble accepting he can`t drive; prefers to think it`s a money issue, when it`s not. May GOD grant him the Serenity to accept those things that can`t be changed; and to enjoy the many blessings he has in his life now.
ROSEBUD's Sister & BIL ~ health issues: blood pressure normal; wholeness; peace & guidance for future of home.
ROSEBUD's ~ UNCLE GARNET S; prayers for total wellness & permanent remission; prayers to gain weight.
Rosebud's cousin ~ SHELLEY -- severe eczema from divorce stress & grieving; prayers for daughter/DH too.
Rosebud's cousin ~ CINDY S -- blood pressure back to normal; less stress & healthy lifestyle choices.
PRZ GOD ~ Jean's dog & son are both doing well.
ROSEBUD ~ PRAIZE GOD: 100 LB tumor successfully removed. "Preventative" chemo treatments start February ? (1 day a week; every 3 weeks; over 18 weeks total). Please pray for minimal side effects & successful treatments with no damage to organs. Thanks so much, fellow warriors ... :hug:

Hope I didn't miss any; let me know ...

NOTE: while I believe GOD can find out who we are praying for -- please give us as much information as you can. For instance, their first name & last initial, and maybe the state or town they live in. I just think the more specific we can be, the better -- esp when we are praying for life-threatening health issues ... thanks!

1 John 5:14-15 ~ "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desire of him."

Jeremiah 32:27 ~ Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me? ... NO!

Prayer of Protection ~ The light of God surrounds me, the love of God enfolds me, the power of God protects me, and the presence of God watches over me. Wherever I am, God is.

We Thank You & Praize you, FATHER ~ for hearing & answering all of our prayers and petitions here today; we thank you for your Mercy & Grace, and for your Healing Power in our lives each day; in JESUS' name, Amen & Amen ...

I'm praying for you ...

bargoo
09-14-2012, 01:56 PM
So many needs but not too many for God, He is never too busy, never out to lunch, never on vacation. What a mighty God we serve ! My trust is in the Almighty God in each prayer request. Praying also for concerned families that they may find peace and medical personnel that they are granted wisdom

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-14-2012, 09:26 PM
:angel:OK friends, let's storm the gates of Heaven and surround GOD's throne with loads of positive ^PRAYERS^ & petitions, plus hope-filled thoughts & good vibes for our dear friend, GARY MILLER (EZMONEY) , as he goes through his chemo rounds to shrink a cancerous tumor at the bottom of his esophagus. I know that he & his family will appreciate it too! May GOD bless you all ... :angel:

DEAR FATHER IN HEAVEN ~ we thank you for our brother GARY, who has been such a great encourager & friend to so many people here. Please fill him with your awesome Love, your perfect peace, your healing touch, and your continuous comforting Spirit as he goes through this process. Bless him as he shares your Love with all the others he meets along the way and open their hearts to your grace. We ask this in Jesus' name, and we thank you, in advance ... Amen & Amen.

Karen31
09-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Rosebud --- Such a beautiful prayer. I have already included him in our Bible study here and my church and my sisters church have him on their prayers too! Gary you are so loved and have helped and supported me in so many ways here. You are in my thoughts and prayers all the time.

EZMONEY
09-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Thank you all so much. So much to reply to but I am so tired tonight. My daughter and beautiful GRANDdaughter2 watched me today. Wonderful but I slept most the day. Little pain today. I am blessed.

I love you all!

bargoo
09-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Gary here is a song for you.

I am the God that healeth thee
I am the Lord your Healer
I sent my Word
and I healed your disease
I am the Lord your Healer

You are the God
That healeth me
You are the Lord my Healer
You sent your Word
and you healed my disease
You are the Lord my Healer.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-15-2012, 02:10 PM
KAREN ~ Thanks; I have put GARY into two more prayer groups too (one reaches around the world). This is the prayer that we prayed for GARY at home this morning -- it's a little more personal and shows how we really feel about him ...

DEAR FATHER IN HEAVEN ~ please let us be just a little selfish for a moment today, but it's for a very good reason -- becuz we so want our dear friend, GARY MILLER, to get better and to stay with us here for a good long while. We need him; his family needs him; and the world needs him. We need him more than heaven does, but we know that you know what is best for him. I know that he would be the first to say -- GOD'S WILL BE DONE; and we certainly don't want him to suffer any more than necessary, so we put him into your most capable hands to love, to heal, and to comfort each day -- and as our faith calls us to do, we will still continue to pray & petition on his behalf becuz we know that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD! We thank you for sharing him with us. Please bless him & his family today as they go through this trying time. In Jesus name, we ask & thank you ... Amen & Amen.

Here's our morning devotional verse -- so fitting, I think.

"Blessed be the GOD and Father of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, the Father of Mercies and GOD of all comfort; who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted by GOD." 2 Corinthians 1:3/4

BARGOO ~ lovely sentiments and comforting song ... :)

GARY ~ we understand that you need lots of rest right now ... :hug:

Karen31
09-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Very Nice Rosebud, Thanks so much for sharing that prayer with us. Gary, you have prayer warriors all over the world praying for you. Stay strong and keep your Faith. ((( HUG)))

Karen31
09-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Gary, this is for you!

http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/get-well/get-well_19.jpg

EZMONEY
09-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Tired today but no pain-
You ladies are proof, once again, God provides miracles!

Karen31
09-15-2012, 08:58 PM
I was just chatting with a friend and mentioned my worries for all concerns here.. She mentioned this song and I just wanted to share it here. It just seems to be perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dTAj52vRTw

Clydegirl
09-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Gary, saying a prayer for you.

ronni62
09-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Prayers and prayers and prayers being said. Rosebud's prayers are so touching that they brought tears. I pray always for Gary, Rosebud, and all of you and your families-you've all been so inspiring to me in my down and up and down journey.

We have a praise-DH goes back to work tomorrow! The company won't admit fault, but is restoring him completely with ALL back pay for the time he wasn't at work, so, basically, that means they know the fault was theirs & not DH's. The manager who instigated all of this has been fired and, although we haven't heard anything for sure, I have this feeling that there is more investigating going on pertaining to the fraud and the evidence that DH's former co-worker turned over to the upper-ups. DH is a little worried about going back, as he feels the co-workers who are guilty of the fraud now know he probably also knows what they've been doing and will be trying to 'get him in trouble'. So, we're just continuing to pray for justice and security.

A couple other updates: my mom is doing so good now that she no longer has to use a cane or any assistive devices. She's back to better than she had been for many, many years! Praises to God!

My friend's mom, Leitha, had to stop the chemo, due to some very severe effects, including a small stroke. There's nothing they can do and she's been given 3-6 months. She's one of the strongest Christian ladies I've ever known and we all know she'll go home at peace, but, of course, it's the family who suffers for a time, so I just pray for their peace, and for everyone who knows and loves Leitha.

We have another friend, Sue, who basically has the same situation as Leitha, and our prayers are the same.

I thank you all for your prayers and support. Even though I can't get on here as often as I used to, I pray for you all daily. Keep up the good fight! Love you all!

auntnelly
09-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Always reading, but not posting much. Pray for each as I read about them.

Awesome on your husband getting his job back! That is wonderful!

EZ...sounds like the Lord is touching you. Good to hear you have no pain.

For those who prayed for me, thanks! I have found a diet that is (so far) working for me very well. I have lost some weight which after trying for several years with no results, seeing some small results in 1 1/2 months is very encouraging!

EZMONEY
09-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Not a lot of energy tonight. Maybe too much family coming by to visit....such troubles...wink.

I have read ALL and am so happy for answered prayers.

Until I visit again, bless you all!

Karen31
09-17-2012, 12:38 AM
I have been intending to update you on my grandsons and how they are doing. They did have to go and live with the step father (Grrr) but they are allowed to come back to their Moms every other weekend right now. That is better than nothing. But she is still trying to get a lawyer that will help her fight to get them back with her permanently. Although they will be of age in a year to make their own decision. So all in all they are doing OK.

Sissy's knees are so much better! I really didn't want to have to put her through any surgery if I didn't have to. I found through Puritan Pride a Joint Complex with Hyalluronic Acid and K2 for people. Checked with my vet. and I cut them in half and give Sissy a half and also Ginger gets a half. They both come running when I tell them it is time for a "peanut butter pill" I coat them with peanut butter. So they both seem to be doing great.

I am so glad to see you checked in Gary. We all are thinking of you and sending prayers. Get rest and feel better.

Prayers for all concerns tonight. Didn't realize it was already so late. (((Hugs))) to everyone!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-17-2012, 04:54 PM
KAREN ~ thanks for tthe updates; I appreciate them so I can update our current prayer list each month. Glad those pills are helping the furry baby's joints. Is that the glucosamine? Also, we are happy the boys are OK and that they get to visit with their mom regularly. Thanks for that link to the song too. :)

GARY ~ tiredness can be expected from the chemo, but we are so glad there is nothing more. :hug:

NELLY ~ yes, we still pray for you and yours; very glad the tests have shown that your heart is fine, and that your new plan is working for you -- many blessings! PRAIZE GOD!

RONNIE ~ As I said in the other thread -- PRAIZE GOD, PRAIZE GOD, PRAIZE GOD!!! So much good news and blessings for you; we are thrilled for you & yours. I pray for you & all of our other prayer warriors & friends here regularly too (even if I don't mention it daily).

I thank you for praying for me, as I need it right now; can't explain here but sometimes, you-know-who :devil: likes to use those around us to attack us, esp if we are a blessing for the kingdom/others. GOD has sent us many blessings too, but we all have our daily trials. So I would appreciate prayers for protection, as I send up some for your DH too.

So sorry to hear the chemo/treatments/surgery didn't work for LEITHA and SUE; am sending up prayers for a special blessing of peace & comfort for both of them and their families over the next while. Ronni, when I hear someone is getting chemo, I try to remember to pray for protection of their organs/body too, becuz I know that they can have some negative side effects for some people.

PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE ~ for my brother, RPS -- I put him back on the current prayer list becuz my sister says that he is struggling and turning to alcohol again to deal with issues of depression, loneliness, and maybe pain too (not sure). May the LORD rescue him from this bondage and fill him with His Love, and Peace, and healing Power instead. Thanks so much, friends ... :hug:

bargoo
09-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Rosebud. praying for protection from attack or whatever the enemy is trying to send your way,may you find peace and comfort in the knowledge that if God is for us, who can be against us ?
Praying also for your brother that he be released from the bondage of alcohol.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-17-2012, 11:40 PM
BARGOO ~ thanks -- very appreciated; I have been hard-pressed this past week esp. It's mostly people making assumptions based on jealousy and imaginations that are hurtful to others; and both my DH & I have been the victims of this lately. Here's just two examples:

Pray for my DH not to be too jealous becuz I have lost weight -- this is coming up a lot. Other people keep saying things to him and putting negative thoughts in his mind. Well then, you can imagine how that ends up. Heck, if a guy just nods at me, someone said "He is making time with your wife". No, he's not; he just nodded; OR, if DH talks to a lady, they assume he is having an affair -- palease people, get a life!!!

So, I spent all last evening praying for people & reading scriptures, and praising GOD, etc. I find that helps more than anything else for dealing with these kinds of things. May the LORD's protection and peace continue for us ... :hug:

Karen31
09-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Rosebud---sending prayers that the old "green eyed monster" will just go on and leave you and your hubby alone. Why do people just have to meddle in other peoples happiness.....only because they are unhappy in their own lives. Stay strong, hold your head up high and always keep a smile!

Bootsie
09-18-2012, 01:19 AM
Rosebud is right Gary been through it with two friends and a sister. They got very tired but one that was 71 at the time kept walking some every morning don't know how she did it no bigger than anything and so weak. Praying for you Gary and everyone else here.

Bootsie
09-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Rosebud sounds like they need to sweep their own back steps and trying to draw attention to someone else.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks you guys, for your understanding. This has been going on for some time, but I just kept praying for them & DH; and told DH to ignore them. That's what I do. I understand why he gets upset -- becuz some people tell him that I am going to leave him becuz I am losing weight. Can you believe that? What a horrific assumption. That upsets him becuz he has Alzheimers and relys on me so much to take care of him. They are scaring him.

We were up almost all last night talking about this; and I assured him that I am not going to abandon him. You know, our vows say "in sickness & health" and I have to keep reminding DH of them (probably becuz of his Alzheimers too). I am losing weight for my health; and that's it!

So, thanks so much for your prayers about this ... :hug:

ronni62
09-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Oh, Rosebud-why do men so easily believe that if we change, we're going to leave? I've heard that too and the only thing that comes to mind as a possible reason is that my DH was married before and his first wife cheated on him, plus both his sisters have had multiple marriages/partners, so he hasn't seen many faithful females. Satan works in this so quickly, too. You'll both be in my prayers, of course:)

Our friend, Sue, from our church, passed away Tuesday. She had fought long and hard with her cancers, but was now ready to go home with her Lord. Keep her husband, Roger, in your prayers as he was totally devoted to her.

Thank you all and God bless. Have a nice evening!

penmage
09-20-2012, 09:25 PM
*waves*

I don't normally venture in here, but I was wondering if I could request prayers for my friend's brother, Colton. He was diagnosed with leukemia a few months ago, and finished his last round of chemo recently. Earlier this month, he had a bone marrow transplant, and from what I understand, his body isn't handling it well and he's been really sick. He's only 22.

bargoo
09-20-2012, 09:51 PM
ronni, praying for Sue's husband that he will find comfort at this time.
penmage , praying for Colton that he will receive the healing touch from The Great Physician.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-20-2012, 10:07 PM
P3NMAGE ~ certainly, we will lift up COLTON in ^prayer^ to our LORD for His healing touch, and for peace & comfort for Colton and his family during this time as well ... :hug:

THANKS, RONNIE ~ DH & I did some indepth ^prayers^ about that today, and all other concerns in our life at this time, esp health-related matters. I felt a good peace afterwards. Sorry to hear about SUE's passing; I had been sending up lots of prayers for her & LEITHA lately. Now she is home with our LORD, and not suffering anymore. Have sent up prayers for her husband, Roger, for peace & comfort in his time of grief, as he adjusts to life here without SUE by his side. :hug:

PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE ~ ALSO, could you guys pray for my right shoulder -- many years ago I injured the top of my right shoulder. Just recently, I noticed one of my bones seems to be swollen like a knob. At first, I thought it was becuz I had lost weight & just never noticed it before, but sometimes it is sore if I sleep on this bone during the night. I have asked the LORD for healing today as I noticed the left one isn't like that at all. I really hope it's nothing serious, but will have to get it looked into very soon, if it doesn't go back down on its own. I had been lifting some light weights & doing exercises, so I wondered if I had injured it somehow (I have stopped that for now too) ... Thanks so much! :hug:

bargoo
09-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Rosebud, praying for healing for that shoulder. We never know how much we need our shoulders until we injure one.

Karen31
09-21-2012, 12:39 AM
Just a quick note tonight-- been thinking of you all and send my prayers for all concerns. We left home(Joplin, MO) this morning about 9:00 and got to Colorado Springs about 9:30 tonight. We will be visiting our oldest son Michael and also our grandkids. The one who is in Denver said he probably won't be able to come this weekend since he was here last but will try to see what he can do. But I talked to the two oldest boys this afternoon. Enjoyed chatting with them.

Pretty tired after fighting Kansas wind and road construction but want to pop in. Good thoughts and Prayers!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-21-2012, 10:46 AM
THANKS, BARGOO ~ I didn't have any pain in it last night; I tried to be careful not to put any weight on it while I slept. :hug:

KAREN ~ glad you made it there safely; have a wonderful visit with Micheal and your grandsons too ... :hug:

GARY ~ thinking & praying for you as you rest in between the chemo rounds. Are they doing them every other week? That is common, so you can rest in between. :hug:

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ... :D

bargoo
09-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Many of you know of Robin Roberts from Good Morning America, she is facing her own health battle right now. Previously in an article in Guideposts Magazine she shared a prayer her mother taught her. Here it is....'Prayer of Protection
The light of God surrounds me, the love of God enfolds me , the power of God protects me , the presence of God watches over me. Wherever I am , God is.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-21-2012, 02:37 PM
'Prayer of Protection ~ The light of God surrounds me, the love of God enfolds me, the power of God protects me, and the presence of God watches over me. Wherever I am, God is.

BARGOO ~ thanks for sharing that with us; it's a keeper ... :hug:

Bootsie
09-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Bargo thanks for sharing beautiful prayer, praying for her and all here. Karen praying for safe trip. I want to share something with you which was awsome to me. Last night we went out to eat and i asked David to stop by Walgreens so i could get some almond milk , which they did not have, but i got David some sunflower seeds and when I checked out, the checker said , you have a safe trip home and may God bless you abundantly . No one has ever said that to me, never trade there but for now on I am going too! Also a checker at Walmart , said to me last week God bless you and you have a safe trip home, that makes me want to shop at Walmart instead of HEB also for my groceries. I don't know I just wanted to share and thought that was just so awesome.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-23-2012, 01:19 PM
BOOTSIE ~ whenever something like that happens to me, I have always believed that is GOD sending me a special message to lift me up and encourage me.

It may just be this one lady who every time she sees me says, "You have such a beautiful smile!" I asked GOD to bless her becuz I feel like she is an angel sent to cheer me up that day. I think she says it to lots of people, but she always makes people laugh or smile when she says it, so she's a blessing to everyone.

Another one I get often is people telling me how much they love my hair. It is very long and wavy; and it takes more work to maintain it but lately, people have complimented me on it a lot, so that makes all the time & effort worth it; and it just lifts my spirit. :D

I have even had a worker (cashier) in one store pray for me; and I had a healing in my back. I had hurt a disc in my upper back and it was causing me a lot of problems. I had just walked into the store; and DH & I were standing looking at some appliances when I felt something touch my back at that very spot; it felt like a hot iron brand for about 5 seconds, then went away.

I knew right away in my mind that someone was there, and that someone was praying for me. I turned around and saw the cashier smiling at me; and, I said thank you to the angel who touched me. The pain problems I had there have never returned since. PRAIZE GOD!

Yes, GOD can & will use cashiers & waitresses & other kinds of workers to encourage us, to pray for us, and even heal us; and HE can use you too. When I worked, I often prayed for people when I felt GOD wanted me to. :)

Bootsie
09-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Is that not awesome Rosebud, never thought of them as God speaking to me ,walking angels, thanks you just woke me up!

Karen31
09-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Rosebud, You always say things that make me think more when I'm out and about! Good thoughts to keep and give away! Thanks.

We got home from Colorado about 11:00 pm Monday night. It was a good trip and we got to visist with our son and two of our grandkids. The stepdad in Denver wouldn't let the other come to the Springs and the oldest was working. I'll try to remember to post a couple pics later today.

Have been wondering about Gary.....has anyone heard from him? Sending lots of prayers.

Thinking of all and sending prayers for all concerns.

bargoo
09-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Karen, I sometimes hear from Gary on Facebook, he is in chemo which pretty much tires him out, but he has not lost faith..

Karen31
09-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks Bargoo--- I haven't seen him on FB for a bit... maybe because we were in Colorado and I didn't spend that time on there that I normaly do.

bargoo
09-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Regarding angels, I do believe they exist. Here is a scripture to consider.
This is from NIV.
Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have have entertained angels without knowing it.

bargoo
09-28-2012, 10:42 AM
I don't hear from him a lot but I suggested some Cancer Forums that I thought might be of interested in. He responded to that.

Karen31
09-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Here are a few pictures of my hubby and our son, Mike, and myself and our son Mike and the other is Mike and our Grandchildren TJ(Todd Jr.) and his sister Jade.
Just thought I would share a couple pics so you would have a face to put with the names I'm always talking about..

Just dropped both of our poms off for dentals today, now I need to get some stuff done and get ready to go with my Hubby to his dental this afternoon and afterwards stop by AT&T and see if I can't get them to give me some money for my old iphone 3GS---I tried to do the upgrade for it that they said was needed while we were in Colorado(Friday morning) and it froze and crashed! I couldn't get it to do anything so I ended up getting a Iphone 4S out there Friday night. They all told me that the old one was just gone. Well, I got on the apple website yesterday and followed step by step and have it all restored to factory conditions like it was when I bought it new!! Hopefully I can get something for it. My sister has AT&T too and she had a 3GS and on Saturday she went and got the 4S and they allowed her $140 trade in....Should be able to get something I would think.

Have a Great Friday!

EZMONEY
09-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Hi ladies. I actually posted here yesterday, or so I thought. After my chemo my throat was so swollen all I could take in was very small sips of liquid. I was taking in zero calories and very little liquid. Became very light headed and needed an IV bag, which turned into 3 more. I was severly dehydrated. Finally figured out I had thrush, once that was treated I was able to start drinking more as my throat opened up. Thank God for my family support to get me through that. Feeling much better but next round starts Wednesday. I was just way too weak for days to post. I have seen the other concerns, Rosebud's DH and my prayers are with you all.

Karen31
09-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Gary am so happy to hear from you. Sorry that you had to go through the thrush---- but glad that you are feeling better now. Hugs to you and Angie.

bargoo
09-28-2012, 04:24 PM
God Bless you Gary. I love to hear from you but understand if sometimes you are just not able to do it.
I saw a great saying this morning and thought of you.
" I have hope and I am not afraid to use it".

Karen31
09-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Bargoo-- Love that saying!! I may have to take that and use it as my signature on my emails!! Thanks

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-28-2012, 05:21 PM
:hug:GARY ~ I am so touched that you are praying for us when you are going through so much yourself. :cry: You are in our prayers constantly too. Gotta keep an eye and make sure to get enuff sustenance every day. I hope the doctors are getting you to keep track of how much you are taking in each day. When I worked as a nurse's aide that was one of our duties -- to journal how many cc's of liquids our patients got each day. Hydration is so very important for everyone, but even more important in your case. GOD bless you & Angie & your family each and every day ... :hug:

" I have hope and I am not afraid to use it".

BARGOO ~ that is a wonderful thought; thanks for sharing it with us all! You are such an encouragement to so many.

KAREN ~ thanks so much for your kind words. Love the pics of everyone; it is nice to know the face going with the names. Glad you had a good trip (I was sneaking a peak at your posts in the 50-somethings thread too). See, I do keep track of you gals/guys ... ;)

Bootsie
09-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Gary when my friends took treatments they drinked a-lot of water when they started till they ended the treatment, and ate something while taking treatments . Also I learned many things helping my friends that you may not know ,if you do just please over look me. Flush the commode twice before you leave for that stuff goes right through your body, for anyone who uses it after you, safety. My friends did not know to do that until one of the nurses after she had been taking treatments for 3 weeks told her. Another thing make sure you don't eat nothing that has wine or anything after treatments . We went to eat at an Italian Place and they had wine in their sauce and my poor friend turned white and I mean white like a sheet of paper, we did not know and she did not know there was wine in the sauce. I took her right back to the nurses and they got her to feeling better. I am praying for you and your family also those nurses and doctors. Please keep some water near you where ever you go.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-02-2012, 10:31 PM
GARY ~ ^Prayers^ ascending for you and yours, as you start round #2 of your chemo tomorrow (Wednesday). May GOD bless you with strength and comfort (no pain, no sore throat, hydration -- drink lots of water), and peace throughout your treatments .... :hug:

EagleRiverDee
10-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Adding to the prayers for Gary. God Bless!

EZMONEY
10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Sitting in my chemo chair right now with my wonderful wife by my side. Hope I get through this round with less problems. Bless you all.

Karen31
10-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Prayers Gary-- God Bless you and Angie!

Bootsie
10-04-2012, 02:31 AM
Gary you can do this...I know it is a rough road but remember,the poem, Foot Steps in the sand...He loves you and Angie, Praying in Texas for you.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-04-2012, 08:04 PM
That's right BOOTSIE ~ it's during these tough times that our LORD is CARRYING US -- thank you LORD for your loving care each day!!! I know that HE is carrying me through these Alzheimer days (months/years) ...

Isaiah 46:4 ~ " ... and even to your old age, I am HE; even to your hoar hairs (white/grey) will I carry you: I have made (you), and I will bear (you); even I will carry (you), and will deliver you. "

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ... always! :hug:

EZMONEY
10-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Sso far I am doing ok after this treatmeant. Still have my machine giving me doses. It comes off next Tuesday. That is when I really got hit hard last time. I think I have beat the thrush this time. Hydrating much better. Thanks for your prayers. Really tired.

bargoo
10-05-2012, 12:21 PM
God Bless you , Gary, still holding you up in prayer.

pattygirl63
10-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I went back and read some of the things that I have missed. Prayers going up for all of you.

Gary - Praying for a "special anointing" of God's healing power for you through your treatments. Also prayers going up for your wife and family as y'all walk through this situation.

Rosebud Praying for you and DH going through Alzheimers and healing of your shoulder and other prayer requests.

Also praying for all other prayer requests as well. God bless you all.

Bootsie
10-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Rosebud have you ever tried for Just One Week on your husbands diet, gluten free, absolutely nothing that has gluten in it. Sometimes it does not say if it has gluten in it but if it has Wheat, it has Gluten. If not, Please, try it for one week and see if you see a difference in your husband the way he feels and thinks , just a suggestion sent with Christian love.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-06-2012, 05:28 PM
BOOTSIE ~ my DH is one of those guys who wouldn't go for any drastic changes in his diet, and at this point -- I figure why make his life any harder than it is. He is a bread and muffin nut, so I would have to find another substitute and that may be difficult at this point, esp with his Alzheimers the way it is now.

Even with other things, I just let him have what he wants -- I mean, why not let him enjoy life as much as possible since he doesn't have any other health issues or a weight problem. For instance, if he wants two cheezeburgers, then he can have it (I just drain off as much fat as I can); and if he wants to eat four jumbo muffins, or eat two eggs with yolks, or have more than one pop a day, we figure -- why not?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though; I will do some research on the gluten issue and see what I find out about this idea ... :hug:

UPDATE ~ PRAIZE GOD -- they didn't have to do more surgery on my DAD, and the colonoscopy went well. He only had two polyps which they removed, so we are praying that there are no cancers cells in them too; but he does have diverticuli pockets so he has to eat more fiber. Hey, that's great news so far! Thanks for your prayers; keep them going warriors!!!

PRAYER REQUEST ~ I just keep adding to this post all night long, as I have calls and received emails. This is for my UNCLE GARNET -- he was admitted to the hospital last Saturday with a kidney infection and high potassium levels; plus he was depressed and wasn't eating anything. I am sure the depression is about having the colostomy still -- as he hates having one (it's not fun, but it should be bearable, so we'll pray about that for him). His daughters came up to help out and he is now eating again -- thank GOD. Thanks for all your prayers everyone ... :)

ronni62
10-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Prayers lifted up for everyone-you're all in my thoughts each and every day. God brings you to my mind and heart and prayers go up. I love the prayers and quotes posted earlier, too! God bless!

bargoo
10-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to our wonderful Canadian friends !

pattygirl63
10-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Praying for God to meet the needs of all of you today. Blessings to all.

ronni62
10-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Prayer request-My DH's brother-in-law (his sister's husband) has lost both his mom and dad. His mom passed away yesterday afternoon after a brief illness and his dad passed away early this morning from Alzheimer's complications. His father had been told his wife died, but they were not sure he understood, as he's been unable to remember anyone at all for the last 4 years. I feel he must have known and decided it was time to join her. Please pray for peace for the family and for those who don't know Christ to be able to see Him through this.

Thank you!

Karen31
10-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Oh Ronni! Prayers going out for you and your family..

pattygirl63
10-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Ronni - Prayers going up for you and your family. That has to be so devastating for your DH's BIL. I pray that some how God will bring good out of this situation as only He can do.

bargoo
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Ronni, praying for the entire family at this time.

EagleRiverDee
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Prayers going up for Rosebud's Uncle Garnett, and for Ronni's DH's BIL.

Prayer request: A little girl named Kylie (4 years old) has been on a heart transplant list for the past 9 months. She's a fighter and has fought hard, but her time is running out. Her family has been told she needs a heart this week. Please pray to God for a miracle for Kylie and her family.

EZMONEY
10-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Prayers for all concerns. Hanging in there, feeling ok so far but really tired at times. So much family support, I am so blessed.

bargoo
10-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Prayers for all concerns. Hanging in there, feeling ok so far but really tired at times. So much family support, I am so blessed.

Gary, I am sorry to disagree with you but it is your family that is blessed , to have you as husband, father and grandfather is a remarkable thing.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
GARY ~ We are praizing GOD on this Thanksgiving Day here in Canada for all the many blessings we have in this life and country; plus, for you that you are doing so well. ^Prayers^ continue for you, Angie, and family ... :hug:

THANKS, RONNIE ~ sending up ^prayers^ for your DH's BIL; this must be a very hard time for him and his family. Many times, I have heard of spouses passing shortly after one another.

DEE ~ thanks; sending up ^prayers^ for little KYLIE for a new heart very soon; plus for peace and comfort for both her and her family too ...

BARGOO ~ thanks -- we are indeed celebrating this day with lots of THANKSGIVING. Good news for my DAD's health, and for my Sister/BIL in their house fire situation (it is presently being rebuilt and they have been taken care of in an exceptional manner). Plus my DAD & SM received their part of the settlement this week as well. We have all seen so many answers to prayers and have been blessed in so many ways this year too! :D

bargoo
10-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Prayers going up for Rosebud's Uncle Garnett, and for Ronni's DH's BIL.

Prayer request: A little girl named Kylie (4 years old) has been on a heart transplant list for the past 9 months. She's a fighter and has fought hard, but her time is running out. Her family has been told she needs a heart this week. Please pray to God for a miracle for Kylie and her family.

Dee, praying that Kylie will receive the heart that she needs and deserves.

EZMONEY
10-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi Gals. Well I am feeling pretty decent after the last chemo. I didn't have any really bad days and was always hydrated. Not having the thrush really helped this time! I go Wednesday for round 3 then if all is good will have surgery. I have had plenty of angels around to help me through this. Focusing on trying to gain weight since I lost so much now that I can eat soups. Still can't take in much at a time but at least I can eat something, even though it tastes pretty nasty from the chemo. Please add my sister back to our prayers. She goes in Nov. 4 I think, for surgery on a mass they found in the area of her mastectomy. She has been my #1 angel after Angie. Prayers for all of you!

bargoo
10-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Gary, prayers continue for you and your sister.

pattygirl63
10-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Yes, Gary we continue to pray for you and for your sister and family. So thankful you are doing well and pray God will continue to strengthen you.

Karen31
10-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Gary, so glad to hear from you. Prayers are continued for you and your sister.

At Bible study yesterday my Aunt was telling us about this group and this song. We found it on Youtube.. It is just so Wonderful and uplifting wanted to share it here with all of you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWZNbduQTmk

Have a Wonderful Day!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-18-2012, 09:48 PM
PRAIZE GOD, GARY ~ that's wonderful news about your situation; progress is being made. ^Prayers^ continue ... :hug:

Plus, sending up ^Prayers^ for your sister, DENISE, for that surgery on NOVEMBER 4th, 2012 for sure ... :hug: to all!!!

UPDATE ON OUR FAMILY ~ oh, my DAD just called while I was typing with an update on their tests. PRAIZE GOD, the polyps were clear of C-cells, but they will have to do another exploratory in January/2013 as the surgeon is concerned that they keep coming back in the same spot.

Plus, my step-mother, GRACE, has a couple more small tumors on her bladder, so she will have surgery to remove them on NOVEMBER 1st, 2012 (hemorrhaging is a big issue with this procedure). Thanks for your prayers everyone!!!

Karen31
10-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Sending prayers for all. I had a call from my son tonight and his fiance' has been admitted into the hospital with severe pancreatits. They are saying that they will be keeping her anywhere from 3 days to 3 months. This was caused by the "bottle" and we have begged them to give it up for so long. Now the Dr. has told her that if they do bring her out of this that she can NEVER touch another drop. I'm hoping that it has really sunk in to the both of them. I'm praying that she will be fine and also for the strength that my son is going to need while seeing her go through this. I pleaded with him to go home and throw ALL alcohol out of their home. They have a very rough road ahead of them and I would appreciate all the prayers that you can send.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-18-2012, 10:50 PM
KAREN ~ ^Prayers^ going up for your son's fiance; and that both of them will stop drinking for their health's sake ASAP!!!

bargoo
10-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Karen, praying that DS fiance will be sufficiently scared to stop drinking. I mean stop.Period. Not cut back but STOP. I will be praying that they will get the desire to stop . It can be done and of course we know that God can cure alcoholism just as he can cure any disease.
Praying for all other prayer requests,as well.

EZMONEY
10-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Prayers going up for Karen and Rosebuds requests!

pattygirl63
10-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Prayers going up for Karen's request for DS and fiance and all others prayers as well.

Karen31
10-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks everyone. I talked with my son and one enzyme that they were looking at in the test on her last night should have a normal reading of 170--- hers was over 3,000-- the machine only goes to 3,000! This morning the reading is sitting at 580. SO I am hoping and praying that they both see what is happening and stop this now! She isn't out of the woods yet and will be in the hospital for at least a few more days. I know they can get her "dried out" but if she isn't willing to stop it will absolutely do no good. Praying that they care enough about each other and themselves that they are willing to do whatever it takes.

Gary, good to hear from you-- continued prayers.

Rosebud, Prayers for you and your family as well.

Continued good thoughts and prayers for all. Have a good day!

EZMONEY
10-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi Gals

Feeling good today. Angie took off for yoga at 7:00 then she will go to bell choir practice at church so I have been home alone :-) That doesn't happen much anymore, my family makes darn sure I am not by myself :-) Not too hard with my family being large and close. I am still skin and bones, mostly bones but feeling much better since I can eat more food.

Most of the food taste pretty blah from the chemo but so thankful I can eat with the tumor shrinking! I can still eat just a few small bites at a time then wait for it to go down. I swear it can take me close to 2 hours to eat a can of chunky soup.

I miss going to church but so glad Angie brings home the bulletin and all of our service is printed out, prayers, etc, everything but Pastors sermon.

I leave you with my prayers :-)

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-20-2012, 09:03 PM
GARY ~ so glad to hear that you are feeling well today, and can eat some food at least. ^Prayers^ continue that you will be able to eat more & more as the days go by. PRAIZE GOD that the tumor is shrinking as hoped. Take good care -- :hug: to all!

GOOD NEWS UPDATE ~ my UNCLE GARNET is back at home and doing better. He is thin also (lost lots of weight too), but is happy that they will try to reverse the colostomy in November. Oops -- I have to go back and check the email for the exact date for your prayers for him (EDIT2ADD: it will be around Mid-November). We ran into him in a local department store this week; I told him to take good care of himself and that we were all praying very hard for him. He said, "That's good -- becuz I need it!" That's the first time he has every responded like that. Praize GOD. I know he believes, but he can be shy about talking about it in public. ;) Thanks for your prayers for him and all our family!

Karen31
10-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Gary, glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better and can at least eat some food now. Will continue to pray that everything just keeps improving.

My son called today and Amber's counts are all back in the normal range and she is able to be on a liquid diet now...NOT THAT LIQUID!! But she is eating clear soups and things like that. I hope this has scared the both of them. Not sure when they will be letting her out of the hospital but hope they keep her long enough...

Karen31
10-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Rosebud, so happy to hear about your Uncle! That is WONDERFUL! Will keep those prayers coming.

pattygirl63
10-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi Gary, So glad you are doing better and able to eat even if it takes a while. Prayers continue coming your way.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-20-2012, 10:26 PM
KAREN ~ thanks for sharing that Youtube song -- so uplifting!

The GOD of the Mountain is the GOD of the valleys
He's the GOD of the good times and of the bad
He's the GOD of the day and the GOD of the night!

Also, PRAIZE GOD, that AMBER is doing so much better too! :D

Karen31
10-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Roesbud, I'm so glad that you liked that video. You just can't help but feel good when you hear them sing and watch her get so excited. If I'm feeling blah I can go to watch that and the smile just is there!!

pattygirl63
10-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Rosebud - Glad to hear the good news about your Uncle and will be praying for him with his up coming surgery.

Karen - Good to hear that Amber's count is back up and will continue to pray for this to be a wake up call for her and your son.

Karen31
10-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Amber was released from the hospital this afternoon to go home.. All reading are in the normal range. I hope that she will be able to leave that alcohol alone. But I am happy that she was able to go home. Just worried

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-21-2012, 09:53 PM
KAREN ~ that's great news about AMBER; we sure hope she and your son have learned a lesson through this experience.

PRAYER REQUEST for PAT BELAIR ~ Pat finished up his chemo rounds, and was feeling pretty good until he started to get some severe pain in one of his hips. They are sending him for some tests to make sure that the cancer didn't spread to his hip. We pray for containment, and that there may be some other less serious cause that may be remedied quickly for him.

Thanks for all your prayers for our family & friends; ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ... :hug:

pattygirl63
10-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Please pray for me as I am trying to decide if my marriage is worth saving or if it can be saved. I have no reason to believe that my husband loves me and I just can't stay in a marriage without love. Thanks everyone.

Karen31
10-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Rosebud sending prayers for Pat--Will pray that it is something less serious than the cancer. Will keep good thoughts coming your way.

Trish, will keep you in my prayers as you go through this difficult time. Pray about it, think about it. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

bargoo
10-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Trish, stay much in prayer before making a decision.

pattygirl63
10-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the prayers. I'm not willing to give up with out a fight. I forced a conversation with him and I realize that while I am the one he is taking things out on, I believe it is because of his daugthter and her husband and kids living here for so long. She graduates from nursing school in December and although they have no money to help us or themselves (gave her $50 for gasoline last week and we help feed them now since she lost her food stamps) she has already started RN online schooling and I have a feeling from things she has said that she doesn't plan to go to work until she finishes RN school in 8 months. I don't know how we can pay for them to continue living here. It is draining our finances. Last week when it was really cold outside, he went upstairs for something and they had the air conditioner on. They don't mind running the utilities up because they don't have to pay them and don't bother to try to help. Instead of saying something to her, he takes it out on me. I don't want to end my marriage and really don't know where I would go or what I would do if I did leave; I just have a tendency to let it get to me sometimes. And I just don't understand why he seems to get mad at me and wonder what it means when a man seems to get angry when his wife says she loves him and he never says it to her any more. I told him if he didn't love me just to say so. At our age if we decide to stay together that we at least need to be friends. He said we could be better than friends. So I will continue to pray and see where all this takes us. Thanks for praying with and for me.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-22-2012, 09:08 PM
TRISH ~ sending up ^prayers^ for you and your DH; I hate to see your marriage go down the tubes becuz of this family stress. It sounds like your DH feels overly stressed too, and you are the nearest kicking post. My DH does the same with this Alzheimer stress/fear/sadness/anger. It's the disease causing it, but I'm the only one around to lash out at. This is more common than you think. Hang in there; this is a big trial. Try to look at what you have, not at your finances. GOD can replace those finances. His daughter should have asked you both for permission to stay longer. Time for another family meeting, I think. :hug:

PRAYER REQUEST ~ for me this time. I went to the doctors today, and he wants to run some tests to make sure that I don't have a benign tumor or cyst in my abdomen (belly). As you know, my body is normal size except for my belly (actually my arms are quite thin); and he's concerned something may have been missed. I hope there is nothing serious, but if there is something there, they need to get it out. Thanks for your prayers and I will keep you updated ... :hug:

bargoo
10-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Rosebud, paying for a positive outcome.

EZMONEY
10-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi Gals

I am doing well. I have been able to eat real food since Friday night. A big lift to my spirits. It has been a long time.

Chemo again tomorrow. I feel really good right now but time to let the chemo do it's job.

I am blessed!

Be good, you are in my prayers :-)

Karen31
10-23-2012, 12:49 PM
So happy to hear that you are feeling better Gary. And real food!! WOW that is a plus! Keeping you in my prayers.

Rosebud, you are in my prayers. Please keep us update us when you can.

pattygirl63
10-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Rosebud - I agree. I am going to hang in here with DH and support him with much prayer. I pray that you will get good results from your tests and all will be fine.

Gary - So glad you are able to eat and pray that all goes well for you with the chemo.

Thanks to all of you for praying for me concerning this situation with DH and me. I knew this was going to be difficult, but never wanted it to be a problem between DH and me. As I said to Rosebud, I choose to hang in here with DH and pray for him and this situation that somehow God will bring us through it victoriously. I just knew that if I was going to come through this the way I'm sure our Lord wants me to that I need prayer and I'm so thankful y'all were here to lift me up. I am so thankful that we all have each other here to do just that.

I also continue to lift up each of your prayer requests too.

Blessings,

wilma12
10-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Garry: I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. My brother is on his second round of radiation for tumours on his brain. We're praying for recovery for him also. His faith is strong also and I think that is what is helping him and you through all this. Stay strong!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-23-2012, 08:50 PM
WILMA ~ oh my, sending up ^prayers^ for your brother at this time; we want those tumors gone for sure!!! BTW, did you tell us his name? I may have forgotten it, but I also put him in the current list on page #1 too. :hug: for you all!

TRISH ~ yes, that is exactly what we are here for; we all have issues come up in our lives and it is so nice to have a group of loving and caring fellow Christians to turn to during these tuff times, who will support us and lift us up in prayer too ... :hug:

GARY ~ so glad you are able to eat regular food again. ^PRAYERS^ on the way for your next chemo round #3, starting tomorrow ... :hug:

KAREN & BARGOO ~ thanks to you all for your prayers -- these tests will settle once and for all what has been on so many people's minds for some time (people kept asking me the same thing); and some prayers of mine too (as it feels burdensome). If there is something, then we deal with it; but if it's nothing (which we prefer), then I can have peace of mind about it, and just keep going as I have been, knowing what I have to do. :D

bargoo
10-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Gary, you are always in my prayers.
rosebud , you, too are always in my prayers.
I am not ignoring other prayer requests, if you post a prayer request here be assured I will be praying for you even if I don't list you personally.

EZMONEY
10-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Thank you Bargoo.
Same here!
I will be heading out in 3 hours for chemo, Angie already has my reading material packed.
Have a great day :-)

wilma12
10-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Rosebud: You are also in my prayers. BTW, my brother's name is Larry. He was diagnosed with lung cancer almost 2 years ago and it has spread to his lymph nodes. the chemo got rid of the cancer in his lymph nodes and medication is keeping the tumors in his lungs from growing at present. Then he showed a couple of tumors on his brain. He had gamma knife surgery to eliminate those but more have come back. He is having radiation for those right now. He is amazing with his positive attitude and his faith in God is such an example for all of us. I really appreciate the prayers going up for him. He has an autistic 16 year old son who really needs him.

pattygirl63
10-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Wilma - Praying for your brother and family.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-24-2012, 09:33 PM
WILMA ~ thanks for your prayers and that updated info on your brother, LARRY. ^Prayers^ those tumors will be zapped into smithereens!!! :D

GARY ~ hope day one of round 3 went well for you! :hug:

THANKS, BARGOO ~ I know; and the same goes for me. I pray for ALL the requests posted here too, plus the ones on the current list on page #1 regularly. :hug:

Two tests done today. Thanks to you ALL for your prayers; they are so appreciated, for sure!:hug:

Karen31
10-25-2012, 12:50 PM
I "texted" with Amber yesterday and was so HAPPY that she decided that she was not returning to her job as manager at a liquor store (said she doesn't want to wrok around all the liquor and drunks) and will be checking into Walmart! She has a relative who works in a "upper" position there and hoping that she can get started there soon. At least it will be steady work and she will have insurance. Praying that things work out for her! She praised my son and said he was wonderful through all this and only left her side when he had to go to work. I'm really hoping that they continue down the right path and find life can really be happy WITHOUT ALCOHOL!!

bargoo
10-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Karen, praying for Amber and DS that they will choose sobriety.

EZMONEY
10-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Great news Karen

Feeling pretty zapped today but able to eat. I am going to need a blood transfusion, common and easy just takes all day. My blood work showed something real high, iron? Anyway that is being checked into.

Prayers for all a HUGS :-)

Karen31
10-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Gary, always glad to hear from you. Continue with my prayers for you. Glad that you are feeling better and can eat more now

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-25-2012, 10:47 PM
KAREN ~ that is good news about AMBER; that would be hard to work in a place like that while trying not to drink yourself ...

GARY ~ glad you are still able to eat; ^Prayers^ continue for you & yours ... :hug:

WE picked up some new meds for DH today -- these ones should help with anxiety and depression. Am praying they help him.

EZMONEY
10-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Prayers for all.

Going in for a blood transfusion today, should take 4-5 hours very routine I guess.

Have a great day Warriors :-)

Karen31
10-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Rosebud- prayers that the new meds will help with your hubby. And in turn that will be helpful to you. Sending good thoughts.

Gary, My prayers are with you today.

Prayers for all concerns.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-26-2012, 12:39 PM
GARY ~ ^prayers^ all goes well for you today ... :hug:

PRAYER REQUEST ~ our friend Maggie has to re-do all her driving tests soon. She's kinda nervous and upset about it; and I know she would appreciate prayers about this matter ... thanks!

KAREN ~ thanks! (You posted while I was talking on the phone). We hope they help him too (yes, for both our sakes). ;)

pattygirl63
10-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Prayers going up for everyone here.:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-28-2012, 11:21 PM
^Prayers^ continue for you and yours tonight ... :hug:

evilwomaniamshe
10-29-2012, 09:01 PM
EZ, had to pop in and see how you are doing, still keeping you in my prayers my friend! Sending continued strength & prayers to EZ & everybody else in this thread... God Bless you all & stay safe all of you East coasters out there

pattygirl63
10-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Praying for the safety of all those affected by Hurricane Sandy.

Karen31
10-30-2012, 12:11 AM
I got tickets to go see Guy Penrod sing at a local church here Friday night! I' so excited!!!! Here is a link to one of his songs that I just love!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPw_8QLPF08&feature=share

Continued prayers for everyone.

And all is well with my family tonight. PTL.. Stay safe everyone

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-30-2012, 07:51 PM
KAREN ~ thanks for sharing that with us. That's a wonderful version of "COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS"! I watched a few others of his as well, including the one with his lovely wife and all their kiddies ... :)

ronni62
10-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi, everyone-Just letting you know you're all in my prayers!

We've got a praise-the strike that I mentioned awhile back (possibly on the Encouragers thread) has been averted! The contract, bad as it is, has been voted in, so no strike. No one could have afforded a strike and, since this is a 'right to work' state, there was considerable fear that the 'temps' who the union workers were being forced to train would be kept as permanent and everyone who's union would be fired after a strike. So, our insurance will be horrible and there's no such thing as union seniority any longer, but I KNOW GOD WILL GET US THROUGH!! Thanks for all the prayers:hug:

Blessings to you all!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-01-2012, 11:56 AM
REMINDER ~ my SM, GRACE -- is having her bladder surgery today to remove a couple of tumors. We're ^praying^ for the surgeon that all will go well, with no complications or hemorrhaging; plus peace for GRACIE and my DAD ... thanks, Warriors!

bargoo
11-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Praying for Grace for a successful surgery and wisdom for the Doctors and other Medical personnel.

EZMONEY
11-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Prayers for all concerns!

Karen31
11-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Prayers for Grace that all goes well.

Prayers for all.

EagleRiverDee
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Prayers for Grace's surgery.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-01-2012, 09:29 PM
THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS, EVERYONE ~ I just got a call from my DAD and GRACE's surgery went well. They removed 4 small tumors and she has to have a catheter in for a week (which isn't that nice), but it seems to be doing well already, and DAD says that she is in good spirits too.

Going to the city tomorrow for the CT Scan on my abdomen. We got some light snow today, but had a good trip for our glasses anyways. Praying the weather will be good again and the roads stay clear for us as well. Thanks!!!

EDIT2ADD ~ Prayers for my DH -- he is very confused tonight after waking up from a nap and dream of his younger years. It appears that the night-time and after sleeping, seem to be the times he gets the most confused and disoriented for some reason (like tonight, he thought I was his mother). Thanks for your prayers for him. :hug:

wilma12
11-02-2012, 10:40 AM
rosebud: Glad to hear the surgery went well. Prayers for your CT scan and for DH.

I have a couple of requests to add. I found out this a.m. that my stepmom is in the hospital with pneumonia. I appreciate prayers for her.

I also found out yesterday that a couple we know of lost their little 8 month old boy yesterday. They don't know cause of death yet but it looks like it could be SIDS. Please pray for the parents and grandparents. My heart is breaking for them.

Thanks!

Karen31
11-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Rosebud, prayers for your CT scan this morning and for your DH. I know it has to be difficult and you are an amazing person.

Wilma--prayers for you stepmom and hope she feels better soon. also for your friends who lost their baby. Such a hard time. Sending lots of prayers.

Prayers go out for all concerns this morning.

EZMONEY
11-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Prayers for all.

Wilma so sad about the baby.

Rosebud I understand how hard it is with your DH's confusion in dealing with my Grandma's alzheimer's. Sometimes she thought I was my dad, my son and of course myself...very hard to handle sometimes...big hug!

EagleRiverDee
11-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Giving praise to the Lord for Grace's good surgery and her recovery.

Praying for Rosebud's husband, for his confusion to be eased and memory to be restored.

Praying for Wilma's step-mom, that she will recover quickly from pneumonia.

Prayers for the family who lost their 8 month old child. How very sad.

God bless, everyone.

~D

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-02-2012, 09:46 PM
THANKS SO MUCH, EVERYONE ~ for your kind words of support and your prayers for both of us. It means more than you'll ever know. PRAIZE GOD, we had good weather and clear roads there & back today; and the test went well and very quickly actually. Now I have to make an appt with my family doctor to discuss the results; that will be next week or so, I guess. Will let you know as soon as I do ... :hug:

WILMA ~ ^Prayers^ going up for your step-mother that the pneumonia will clear up right away; and for that couple & their family, who lost their baby -- poor dears! :hug:

EZMONEY
11-03-2012, 01:43 PM
I am doing pretty good after my 3rd chemo trip. I am still able to eat and drink but can't seem to gain needed weight. I go in for a scan in a week or so to see if the tumor is ready to remove.

Thank you for your prayers! I am blessed :-)

Karen31
11-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Gary, glad to hear from you and things are going pretty good. Keep you in my prayers every day!

pattygirl63
11-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Gary - Thanks for the update. Keeping you in my prayers.:hug:

Prayers continue for everyone else too.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-03-2012, 09:05 PM
GARY ~ glad that you are feeling good and can still eat & drink. It is sometimes hard to gain weight when taking chemo, I know; but we'll pray for that anyways -- All things are possible with GOD! :hug:

EVERYONE ~ ^PRAYERS^ are continuing for you and yours ... :hug:

auntnelly
11-03-2012, 09:12 PM
A quick update... I had a long talk with my step mother today. She is telling people my dad has Alzhiemer's but I couldn't get her to say the Dr had actually diagnosed that. She just said he continues to prescribe the small dose of Alzhiemer meds, so of course he thinks that. The neurologist actually said he had "mild cognitive impairment" about 1 1/2 years ago. He ruled out every other treatable disease causing the memory issues, and released him back to his general practice Dr.

Any how, he forgets short term things, like where he is driving to (SM only lets him drive when she is with him) and his address at the voter place, but easily remembered the number when promoted with the name of the street.

Kind of frustrated with SM telling people he has something that no one has said except her and the general practice Dr who is not specialized in it. I won't tell my family that is what he has until I see him doing really crazy memory related things that are a bit more serious than maybe just aging issues.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-03-2012, 09:31 PM
NELLY ~ sending up ^prayers^ for your father and stepmother for guidance and peace ...

PRAYER REQUEST ~ for a friend of ours -- her name is BARBARA R. (we call her Barb). She was walking down her basement steps and just blacked out, so she fell the rest of the way down and broke a couple of ribs. She was at the city hospital with us yesterday to have tests on her heart and brain to try and find out why she is blacking out like this. We're praying her ribs will heal quickly and that the doctors can find the source of the problem. Thanks ... :)

Karen31
11-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Nelly--sending prayers for your Dad, stepmother and for you.

Rosebud, sorry to hear about Barb, sending prayers that she heals comletely and quickly and the Dr.s find out why this is happening.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-04-2012, 12:36 AM
THANKS, KAREN ~ btw, I love that new avatar pic -- very nice indeedy!:)

pattygirl63
11-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Nelly - Praying for you, your Dad and Step-mom for true diagnosis and peace of mind for you.

Rosebud - I pray Barb's ribs heal quickly and that God gives the doctor's wisdom finding what her problems are and she will be back to normal soon.

Prayer Request please for me. I haven't been to the doctor in a while because of our situation here. I have an appt Wednesday afternoon for a check up and for the doc to give me medicine to get my bs back down. It is high for me right now. I know a lot of it can be the stress I've been under for the past 14+ months and I pray that the A1c shows it isn't as bad as I think it is. That has happened many times before. However, I can't take the Metformin I was taking. I know there are good and bad meds out there for diabetes. Please pray with me that God gives the doctor wisdom to give me the right medicine that will work for me. Also praying for good results from the check up. Thanks.

Continued prayers going up for each of you.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-04-2012, 08:09 PM
TRISH ~ thanks for your prayers for BARB. Sending up ^prayers^ for you that the doctor finds the best medicine for your BSL's; that the stress levels ease off in your life; and that you have a positive outcome from your check-up as well ... :hug:

BTW ~ don't forget the benefits of "PRAISE" when you are stressed. In the Emotional Healing Thread, there is a good list of Praise Scriptures that you can repeat; add in Psalm 23 and maybe some positive songs too. I find this helps me when I feel stressed out -- at times, I can almost feel my blood pressure going up, so I start singing a PRAISE SONG right away, and it ALWAYS helps! :D

auntnelly
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Rosebud, you are so dedicated.....gotta run where you do. Some things right now are making me a bit crazy. With the holidays coming up, I want to enjoy them this year instead of dreading all the work....and expense and stress.....working on how to make that all function.

BTW I won't be able to do anything else with my Dad, which is another reason for frustration. This is not my Mom he is married to, although we have a good relationship, she is NOT my Mom. I tried to see if she might take him back to the Dr and she said the neurologist released him to his general practitioner since he could do nothing more for him.

bargoo
11-04-2012, 09:27 PM
So many needs, God can handle them all, isn't it wonderful he is never too busy, never out to lunch never too tired. rosebud, continuing to pray for you and DH. Gary, you are always in my prayers.auntNelly your concerns have been added to my prayer list Praying for Barb that she will find what causes her to blackout and that her ribs will heal quickly. rosebud, so glad you mentioned Psalm 23, it is such a familiar and well loved passage that I think we fail to see how important it is. When I was first diagnosed with cancer I asked my Pastor for a scripture and he referred me to Psalm 23, "Oddly" enough earlier that same day someone had emailed me that scripture. I did not mention this to my pastor before he suggested it. Coincidence ? I don't think so.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
NELLY ~ that's interesting. DH's specialist was going to sign off to DH's family doctor too, and I asked her not to just yet. However, now the GP is getting advice from her on what meds to try as I had asked both of them (her first) for some more practical meds to help him from day to day -- i.e. for his anxiety/depression and for sleep, etc.

Right now, we are trying the anxiety/depression drug and so far, so good. He seems much calmer lately and I am grateful for that. We now have a list of about 6 other drugs that she says we can try for the varied symptoms; and we will try them only as needed.

Plus, GOD has been giving me some great ideas (wisdom) on how to stop some of the more "odd" thoughts and behaviors, like I had a repairman come and close over the window of the shed so no-one can get in there; plus some other odd jobs DH was obsessing about.

Last week, I started to keep our furry baby in the bedroom with me all night long (it's a new house rule), so DH can't let him go loose in the middle of the night anymore. Just today, I came up another strategy -- I told him if any more strange people show up in the basement, I'll call the cops and have them hauled away ;) -- well, that stopped that talk in a hurry ... :lol:

Day by day, we tackle one thing at a time; it is getting more peaceful but if he comes up with more, I'll just pray for more ideas. I hope and pray that things will be OK for both your DAD and Stepmother -- he sounds like he is at the beginning stages of something for sure -- whether they call it "cognitive impairment", "age-related Dementia", or "Alzheimers" ~ they have a lot of similarities.

The only thing that could change the diagnosis at this point, is time; or a different specialist. Your SM has a tough road ahead of her as your Dad goes through this unsettling change in his life; and I'm sure she would appreciate your help and support.

BTW, some of your Dads' symptoms are similar to my DH's, I'm afraid. My DH is not allowed to drive any more at all. He was also confused at the voting (he couldn't remember the process or the name of who he wanted to vote for; I was sad for him becuz he feels voting is so important). Plus, he forgets his address as well (sometimes the number, sometimes the street). Sometimes prompts help, but sometimes they don't.

It would take a book to list all the things he forgets here: people, places, and things; phone numbers, addresses; who's alive and who's passed (brings great sadness and tears); where he's going and why; what he's done, and where he's been ... the other day, he told his sister "I haven't been here since the last time I was here!" He may have been joking, who knows -- but it was funny! :)

BARGOO ~ thanks, I so agree about your thoughts on Psalm 23; can't tell you how many times I have gone to bed reading or reciting that Psalm. It gives me peace and helps me sleep ... :hug:

pattygirl63
11-04-2012, 10:38 PM
TRISH ~ thanks for your prayers for BARB. Sending up ^prayers^ for you that the doctor finds the best medicine for your BSL's; that the stress levels ease off in your life; and that you have a positive outcome from your check-up as well ... :hug:

BTW ~ don't forget the benefits of "PRAISE" when you are stressed. In the Emotional Healing Thread, there is a good list of Praise Scriptures that you can repeat; add in Psalm 23 and maybe some positive songs too. I find this helps me when I feel stressed out -- at times, I can almost feel my blood pressure going up, so I start singing a PRAISE SONG right away, and it ALWAYS helps! :D

Thanks for the prayers and the reminder. I read somewhere that "Praise" is our greatest power against the enemy. I am finding that I spend more time singing praises to the Lord lately. Even wake up with praise songs going on in my head... a wonderful feeling I'm so grateful to God for. I will go to the Emotional Healing thread and make a copy of those scriptures.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I read somewhere that "Praise" is our greatest power against the enemy.

I agree with ^that^ statement for sure; I find it really helps with many things!

GARY ~ did your sister, DENISE (Annie,) have her surgery today? ^Prayers going up^ that it all went well and she heals quickly ... :hug:

EZMONEY
11-05-2012, 09:43 AM
I had my dates wrong on my sister's surgery Rosebud. Her surgery is this morning. Thank you for the prayers.

wilma12
11-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Thank you for the prayers for my stepmom. She is doing much better and hopefully will be going home today. It scares us every time she goes into the hospital as it happens much too often. She's a fighter though.

I will be praying for your sister today Gary. And also for you!

My prayers go up for each request here. God hears and He cares!

bargoo
11-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Gary, keeping Annie in prayer this AM.

pattygirl63
11-05-2012, 01:13 PM
auntNelly - I pray for you, your Step-mom and Dad that some how y'all will be able to work together in a peaceful way that is helpful to all 3 of you. I know that has to be difficult. Y'all are in my prayers daily.

wilma - I also have a SM who has lots of medical problems and she does the same thing. My sister and I know that Daddy lives to take care of her and feel like when she is gone that it won't be long until our Daddy would follow her. Although taking care of her is many times difficult for him, we also know that needs her to take care of. Glad yours is coming home and doing better.

bargoo - I also love the 23rd Psalm. My grandmother paid each of her grandchildren 25 cents to memorize the 23rd and the 91st Psalms. She told us if we ever got in a situation we couldn't handle or we were afraid that we were to say those Psalms. I've since heard beautiful teachings on them. I loved the "I shal l dwell in the house of the Lord forever" more when I realized that actually meant that I would dwell in the Presence of the Lord forever. Powerful Psalms and like Rosebud said leaves us with such peace.

Gary - Praying for your sister's surgery to go well and a quick recovery. Praying you continue to do so well.

Rosebud Keeping you and DH in my prayers.

Prayers continued for everyone here.

EZMONEY
11-06-2012, 11:24 AM
The doctor took a piece of my sister's mass for testing, he said it didn't look like cancer but did look suspicious....

pattygirl63
11-06-2012, 01:16 PM
The doctor took a piece of my sister's mass for testing, he said it didn't look like cancer but did look suspicious....

Will continue to pray... praying for a good report for your sister. And of course, prayers continue for you and family.

Karen31
11-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Sending prayers for all!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-06-2012, 10:10 PM
GARY ~ hoping & ^praying^ that the biopsy results come out in a positive way for your sister ... :hug:

^PRAYERS^ continue for ALL of you and yours ... :hug:

pattygirl63
11-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks for your prayers. Had my docs appt today. I did get a mild diuretic to use as I feel I needed because I don't want a habit of taking it all the time. I am still going to be on the Metformin, but waiting for my insurance approval to get the time-released. He said it has less side effects. I thought we decided for me not to take the Fenofibrate although I told him I would take it if he insisted. He went online and put my prescriptions in and when I got to the pharmacy it was one of the meds that was ready... so I guess I'm going to continue taking it. It seems to be the medicine to keep the cholestrol and trigycerides down. My A1c was 7.0 which I was amazed & thrilled it wasn't higher. DH was 7.4 and he's on his meds. He told the doc it was all his halloween candy. DD told her Daddy it was all the candy he's eaten in the last 120 days. LOL His was .1 down from 3 mos ago. Mine was up about .8 from May without meds so I consider that pretty good especially since I was guilty of eating the Halloween candy too.:dizzy: Doc doesn't want to put me on any other diabetic med because he says it is too easy to gain weight on. Please pray in agreement with me that the timed-release Metformin works because the regular did curb my appetite and kind of kept me regular and of course, there are loads of other benefits as well. I pray the timed-release does as well for me. So I will do what he said and pray over the pills as I take them. He also gave me an order to go have a mammogram at the women's center here in town. I understand Medicare pays for one every 2 yrs. He said I have fibrocytic tissue under both breasts but no nots so nothing to work about. DD says all women have them... she does too. So I've got to call and make an appt as soon as I find out when DSIL is off work.

So overall I am happy with the results of my docs visit even though he didn't change my treatment much. I read that you need to drink a glass of water before you go to bed to stop leg cramps so I'll be trying that praying that will work as that is the side effect I've been experiencing with the Metformin and the Fenofibrate. INTERESTING thing I learned today about my Doc. He counts calories when he needs to and he uses myfitmesspal.com. He showed me how he uses it on his ipad. He tried to show me how to use my Smartphone to do it but he wasn't familure with the Smartphone and didn't have time to figure it out.

Thanks again for your prayers.

wilma12
11-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Just a quick "pop in" to update you on my stepmom. She went home from the hospital on Tuesday and is steadliy improving. She is taking the necessary rests and is in really good spirits.

Thanks so much for your prayers for her!

pattygirl63
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Just a quick "pop in" to update you on my stepmom. She went home from the hospital on Tuesday and is steadliy improving. She is taking the necessary rests and is in really good spirits.

Thanks so much for your prayers for her!

PTL!!!! So glad she is doing better. Will continue praying.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-09-2012, 10:26 PM
TRISH ~ glad your check-up turned out so well. Praying the T-R Metformin will help you; plus that your mammogram test will go well, and that you will have clear results too.

WILMA ~ that's good news about your step-mother; happy to hear that she is improving so much already. :)

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ... :hug:

EZMONEY
11-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Good to see answered prayers.

I will be going in tomorrow for a PET scan to see how much my tumor has shrunk. Depending on that, I will either be doing more chemo on Wednesday or requesting a date for surgery.

I am doing pretty good at the moment. I can eat food and a lot of it taste for the most part decent. I really need to gain weight, right now I am at my junior high weight LOL

Asking for prayers for Gavin a little boy at our church that has had cancer for four years and Jim, a friend of mine for the last 31 years from church. Both have cancer and are in need of prayer as they are struggling at this time.

Be good.

bargoo
11-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Gary, prayers for your friends with cancer.Praying for the healing touch of our God, Praying also that your PET Scan will give you the go ahead for surgery .

Karen31
11-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Gary your friends are in my prayers and Also am praying that your scan goes well and you are able to go ahead with your surgery.. Powerful Prayers are all around us!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-11-2012, 08:53 PM
GARY ~ hope you can find some higher calorie foods that may help you gain weight (how about mashed potatoes and gravy; and sweet potatoes too?).

Plus, ^prayers^ going up that the tumor has shrunk enuff for surgery; plus for young GAVIN and for your friend, JIM, too ... :hug: to all!

BTW, sent up some ^prayers^ for all our troops/soldiers around the world today, esp those from Canada and the US. May GOD bless them all; keep them safe and alert; and bring them home well to their families once again ...

wilma12
11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Prayers going up for you again today Gary!

My brother, Larry, who I mentioned before gets results from his scan today. He has not been feeling well and we are thinking that the toumors in his brain are growing again. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

Prayers for all concerns today.

pattygirl63
11-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Gary - Praying for you that the tumor has shrun and can be removed. Also praying you can pick up your weight. Praying for friend Jim and little Gavin.

Wilma Praying for your brother Larry to get good results.

Had the mammogram yesterday morning. While sitting in waiting room with the airy gown they give us to wear (no modest there is there girls), I find out DH has to be at the orthopedic in less than an hour. So had the test done, hurried to change and rushed home to get DH and barely made it on time. His shoulder has been hurting for over a week. Think he aggrevated it when hitting baseballs at the batting cage when his DS and DGS were here from IN. Primary had checked it out but didn't thing any damage was done, but it kept getting worse. DD used to work for orthepedic and took care of him but nothing really helped. So she called and made the appointment just to be sure it was not damaged. Doc says he has arthritis in the neck and he thinks the pain is caused by that. We also realized that Tony forgot and let the nurse give his flu shot in that arm . Doc didn't say if it could cause it or not. Gave script for prednisone and pain pills and sent us home. If not better when the prednisone is gone, he will have to go in for a MRI. I pray the shoulder will get well with the meds.

Prayers continue for everyone.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-13-2012, 09:43 PM
WILMA ~ ^Prayers^ going up for your brother, LARRY -- have put his name on the current prayer list on page 1 also ... :hug:

TRISH ~ glad the mammogram went well. ^Prayers^ going up for your DH (TONI) that his shoulder will heal again on its own without the need for further tests/surgery, etc ... :)

^PRAYERS^ continue for all of you and yours ... :hug:

EZMONEY
11-13-2012, 09:46 PM
UPDATE ~ Angie and I found out late this aftenoon that I will be back riding the chemo chair tomorrow :-( But that may not be all bad news. We didn't get details but the my doctor's assistant said the cancer is gone in the stomach (YIPEEEEEEEEE!!) but the tumor, which is on the other side of the stomach, is still there.

That is all we were told but we see the doctor next Monday and I'm sure we will find out more. So until then thank you all and FYI....

Cancer CAN'T stop my Prayer Warriors! :-)

Karen31
11-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Gary, thanks so much for your update! So glad that there is some good news there! And you are right---NOTHING can stop our prayers!!!

bargoo
11-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Gary, continuing to lift you up in prayer.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-13-2012, 11:19 PM
PRAIZE GOD, GARY ~ that's awesome news for sure! ^Prayers^ are continuing -- we want that tumor to shrink even more ... :hug: to you and yours.

bargoo
11-14-2012, 09:09 AM
rosebud, I don't know if you know about this website but it has some interesting articles about Azheimers,
www.agingcare.com

EZMONEY
11-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Thank you ladies!

wilma12
11-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Praise God Gary! HE IS GOOD!

pattygirl63
11-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Praise God Gary for the good news and prayers continue for you for total healing. Praying for you, your wife and your family.

EZMONEY
11-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Sitting in my chemo chair with my beautiful wife beside me...interacting with fellow cancer patients...being entertained by our chemo loader...life is not all bad!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-14-2012, 08:32 PM
GARY ~ glad the chemo session went well. GOD bless that beautiful wife of yours too ... :)

THANKS, BARGOO ~ I'll check that out for sure ... :hug:

PRAYER REQUEST ~ for our Christian friend, Guy Boulet -- Just received a call from a friend of ours out west (who used to live here). He is going to have surgery to have a benign lump removed from his prostrate/bladder area. The line was in and out, so details were sketchy but he said it should go well. Am sending up prayers that it will all go smoothly without complications and recover quickly. Thanks.

bargoo
11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Gary, how is your sister ?

pattygirl63
11-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Continued prayers for all and Rosebud praying your friends surgery is successful and has a quick recovery.

Gary You and your family are a real inspiration and testimony to others.

pattygirl63
11-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Got results of all my girly tests from last week and everything was normal. So good for another 2 yrs. on that stuff. Thanks for all your prayers. Now if DH could get rid of the pain in his shoulder.

I think I am experiencing a bout with gout, but thanks to a friend told me about celery capsules so I researched it especially on site where I purchase my vitamins. Many on there say it took care of their better than meds. My Daddy went through this last year and his doc gave him med and said that he sufferes with it sometimes himself. He didn't know why. Read up on diet and gout... some say it is caused by diet and can be corrected with diet but the diets I found are conflicting. Then another one says what you eat has nothing to do with it. ????????So????????? Hopefully the celery capsules will do for me what it does for others.

Prayers continue for ALL OF YOU.

pattygirl63
11-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Remembering everyone in my prayers as we in the USA get ready for our busy Turkey day. Blessing to all.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-19-2012, 10:19 PM
PRAYER REQUEST for ROBERT ANNAND ~ who also has a cancerous tumor on the side of his throat up near his ear. He also hasn't been able to eat and has lost a huge amount of weight (160+ lbs and is very, very thin). They think it may have spread to his brain becuz he has been having some memory and speech problems. He is supposed to get some treatments soon at Princess Margaret's hospital in Toronto, but I'm wondering why it is taking so long for that to start. To me, they should be more aggressive and start right away if they can. Also, friends were wondering why he couldn't start chemo or radiation here in the north sooner (i.e. Sudbury or Timmins) but maybe there's some reason we don't know of yet ... :shrug: Thanks for your prayers for him.

EZMONEY
11-19-2012, 10:46 PM
UPDATE ~ Angie and I met with my oncologist today to go over the results of last Friday's scan. Re- Posting her Facebook post ...

Latest update: The oncologist is very pleased with the results of Gary's chemotherapy. The tumor is 50% less in intensity which means its activity has decreased and 50% of the cancer cells have died. The size of the tumor has decreased by 30%. 3 more rounds of chemo and another scan, review results and go from there.

This round of chemo kicked my butt a little more. My sensitivity to cold was worse, my fingers and toes tingled more, my calves were really sore at times (not common) and I seem to be more tired....but...I am so thankful to what the chemo is doing to the cancer! No complaints ;-)

Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts...they are working! The blessings just keep on coming!

EZMONEY
11-19-2012, 10:50 PM
ROSEBUD ~ Oh my goodness. My heart and prayers go out to Robert. That is a lot of weight, I can relate a little as when I couldn't eat food for ove 100 days I lost a pound a day for 50 straight + days in the beginning from aout 190 to under 140. Hopefully help will come soon..the waiting in pain is so hard.

Karen31
11-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Rosebud, my thoughts and prayers go out to Robert. Will be sure to add him to our prayer chain.

Gary, glad that there is some good news for you and will continue to keep you in my prayers also.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-20-2012, 12:13 AM
GARY ~ wow, that's good news for sure; glad the chemo is working so well for you. ^Prayers^ continue for even better results for the next 3 rounds and less side effects too ... :hug:

Thanks to you ALL for your prayers for ROBERT, I know he will appreciate it; and KAREN, thanks for adding him to your prayer chain. I've put him into 3 prayer groups tonight as well ... :)

bargoo
11-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Praying for Robert.
Gary, thanks be to God that cancer is shrinking. What a blessing that if we had to get cancer we got it when there have been so many advances in treatment.

wilma12
11-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Praise God for answers to prayer. I'm so glad Gary that you have good news!

Rosebud: I'll be praying for Robert also.

pattygirl63
11-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Gary Thanks for the update and I praise God for good news and will praying for the side effects lighten up. God is so Good.

Rosebud Prayers going up for Robert and I pray they will help him soon and all will go well for him. I know when DH had prostate cancer, I wondered why they took so long. However, we had a trip planned and our doc told us there was time. He had a patient who had planned a trip to Europe and took it before treatment. A good doc seems to know how long they have so what seems like forever to us isn't to them. Sure enough, because Tony's was a tumor within the gland, they were able to remove it and he never had to have any other treatment. We were blessed with a great docs who knew what they were doing. I pray the same is true for Robert.

auntnelly
11-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Keeping an eye out here as much as I can. I am happy to hear the good news from Gary, and prayers for the other needs.
Don't have much time to post these days, but I"m out here :)

Update: My dad is having more memory issues. I don't know what is going to happen. He just needs to have a clear mind. He and his wife (not my mom) had adopted 2 girls out of their foster care. One is 20 and has alot of problems, is pregnant and not married and can't manage her own finances so my dad's wife must but she is not living at home. The other adopted child is 2nd grade. Yep, my dad who is 81 and his wife who just turned 75 are raising a 2nd grader since she was 2.

I have to watch my attitude since this is making my dad's wife have much divided attention in treating his illness. I wonder if more could be done, but she says not. I don't think she has tried very hard since she is so busy with the kids.

Also they need to sell one of their houses, and there are family issues related to that since her daughter and husband are living there. last week there was a big issue when she told them they had to move out. Now they aren't talking to her.

This whole situation needs prayers. And thank you in advance!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-20-2012, 09:54 PM
NELLY ~ prayers for you; and your Dad/SM's issues as well. Your SM must be one strong lady to be taking care of so many people at her age. Too bad the daughter/SIL can't buy the house from them, and am sending up prayers for them too. This is a sticky situation for sure.

THANKS ~ for all your prayers for ROBERT ... :hug:

GOOD NEWS UPDATE: PRAIZE GOD ~ was just talking to my DAD and they are both well. His heart tests came out good; no surgery is necessary -- they will just keep an eye on the valve. My stepmother is well again too; she had no problems with the catheter this time (must have been the prayers). So thanks so much for the prayers for them both.

MORE GOOD NEWS: PRAIZE GOD ~ my UNCLE GARNET had his colostomy reversed last Friday and he is doing well. He is supposed to come home this week some time. We are now praying it heals well and he can start to gain back some weight too. Thanks for your continued prayers for him too.

EZMONEY
11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanksgiving Eve and I have so much to be thankful for...First ~ My Lord's Gift of His Son, Jesus Christ...Last ~ My Lord's Gift of His Son, Jesus Christ...In Between ~ My Family and Friends...A special gift has come my way this Thanksgiving of family and friends praying and thinking of me, sharing with their friends, bible study groups and congregations across the United States and Canada...

I can't begin to thank you all enough for this gift...

May you all be as blessed this thanksgivng and every day, as I am.

wilma12
11-22-2012, 11:06 AM
I heard from my brother last night. He got the results from his last tests. He has 2 tumors on his brain and the radiation had eliminated one of them and the other has shrunk to half the size. Praise God.

The lumps in his lungs are growing but very slowly. The doctors want to try another type of chemo or try an experimental drug to shrink those tumors. He is asking for prayer to make the right decision. Thanks!

Gary: I'm so glad to see your positive attitude. You are in my prayers and it is a joy and pleasure to do that for you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Karen31
11-22-2012, 12:09 PM
I am praying that everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.. You are all in my thoughts and prayers today

pattygirl63
11-22-2012, 12:19 PM
We have decided not to use the doc DH went for his shoulder. He just doesn't seem interested in taking care of him. Told us to call back if meds didn't help. Called and DH even went back as a walk in which they have a sign saying they take walk ins and no one did anything. Couldn't get them to set up a MRI. So DD is looking for us another doc. Please pray that we will find a doc who cares enough (with God's wisdom) to find the problem. Pain has moved down into the arm. I really don't want to end up with him in the hospital again during the holidays. Last year he was in the hospital until Christmas eve and we really had tow ork to get him out then. Thanks in advance for your prayers. This doc acted kind of strange to start with. Like he didn't want to be bothered from day 1. Thanks everyone.

Prayers continue for everyone's requests and more. Even with the problems we all are facing, we are still truly blessed.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Yes, GARY ~ we are all so blessed despite the problems we may be having presently. Every morning, I thank GOD for life; for good health and feeling well; for the :sunny: shining; for our nice home & secure income; for all the blessings HE sends our way each day; for our family & good friends (esp here); for our dear furry baby who brings so much love into our lives; and for our caring neighbours (GOD bless them) who look out for us so much these days. So much to be thankful for this day and every day really. ^Prayers^ continue for you & yours ... :D

WILMA ~ some good news for your brother too; will continue ^prayers^ for wisdom and that the treatments continue to shrink and dissolve those tumors for him ... :hug:

TRISH ~ sending up ^prayers^ for your DH, TONI for the pain in his shoulder & arm; and for finding the best doctor possible for him too.

HI KAREN ~ HAPPY THANKSGIVING to your and yours; and to all our American friends here too! :)

^PRAYERS^ and Thanksgiving continue for everyone ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Here's an absolutely amazing version of AMAZING GRACE by a young Brazilian boy named Jotta A ... enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/strongtower27

bargoo
11-24-2012, 09:22 AM
rosebud, thank you for sharing that. One if my favorite songs and some verses that are new to me.

EZMONEY
11-24-2012, 02:51 PM
After back to back days of having GRANDdaugters1&2 in and out of the house for visits and Thanksgiving dinner, IT SURE IS QUIET! But that's the price I pay for being in an extended family where everyone wants to see them....

oh poor me :-( ....

my loss is great ;-) ...

but, then again, all that extended love they get from their other Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, cousins and friends...

is pretty AMAZING!

I am super blessed!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-25-2012, 12:33 AM
BARGOO ~ yes, this is a mix of the traditional and modern versions. Jose Viana does such a wonderful job -- one's spirit can't help but be touched by his amazing enthusiasm ... PTL!!!

GARY ~ you are indeed blessed! So glad that you had an amazing time with your whole family for Thanksgiving ... :hug:

^Prayers^ continue for everyone ... :angel:

EZMONEY
11-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Angie and I took out 180 of the 495 CHRISTmas songs on my i-pod yesterday, along with almost 8 hours of college football...

amazing how much calmer I am watching USC stink up another 4 hours of my life this year while I listen to songs about CHRIST and SANTA :-)

I may just start carrying our portable BOSE everywhere I go...lol

EagleRiverDee
11-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Prayers for all concerns.

pattygirl63
11-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Quick flyby to give a report on DH MRI. He said before they even get started they already know he has a herniated disk in the neck. DD called after he got home and she had a message on her cell that a prescription was ready to be picked up at the office for him. So at least they now know that he really is in pain and needs the pain meds... not an addict. I guess they have to do those things now a days, however, when my second husband was living and he was having a lot of pain and was in and out of the hospital for what seemed forever before they found a rare case of a stone (can't remember where it was only 2 people in the world had that situation on record), the nurses told me... "We know he is in a lot of pain because us vital signs shows that he is". I later learned from one of the nurses after they found the stone that they had thought he had cancer. The nurses had gotten so attached to him from us being in out of the hospital so much the cried when they told me they were so relieved to learn it was a stone instead of cancer. I say all that to say that I could tell from Tony's bp alone that he is in a lot of pain so why couldn't the doctor? Oh well, maybe we just need the prayers. I heard a preacher say one time that you better be specific when you pray or the doctors will be surrounded with confusion. That's why I always pray for God to give them His wisdom to guide them to treat us.

Thanks for your prayers and prayers are continued for each of you.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-27-2012, 09:44 PM
I heard a preacher say one time that you better be specific when you pray or the doctors will be surrounded with confusion.

TRISH ~ I thought that was kinda funny when I read that, but I also pray for wisdom for the doctors too becuz it is often hard to find the right source of the pain, as in this case -- they thought it was his shoulder, but now you know that it was a disc in his back ... phew, so glad they sorted that out and got him some meds finally. Now we pray for the best treatment options for him too!

^Prayers^ continue for all of you & and yours ... :hug:

pattygirl63
11-28-2012, 12:39 AM
TRISH ~ I thought that was kinda funny when I read that, but I also pray for wisdom for the doctors too becuz it is often hard to find the right source of the pain, as in this case -- they thought it was his shoulder, but now you know that it was a disc in his back ... phew, so glad they sorted that out and got him some meds finally. Now we pray for the best treatment options for him too!

^Prayers^ continue for all of you & and yours ... :hug:

Thanks Rosebud. Tonight DSIL came home and announced that he has been let go from his job. He is already talking to someone in south FL about a job because he wants to move back there. DD cried with her daddy and me telling us she doesn't want to go, but I don't think she is telling her DH she doesn't want to move. Don't know if that is how she really feels or not as she is a good little manipulator. I would like to think she really doesn't want to leave us. DH and I think they will move as soon as she graduates. Strange thing is Tony's reaction. He gave them his little speech of what he thought and then he said, "We can give you advice and it is biased. You two have to talk and decide and I really don't care one way or the other. Do you think when you move and both are working that you could send us a little bit of money each month to pay us back for all we've done?" Then he said, "No you'll never do that". And that was it. Later he told me he wanted them out of here. I'm really surprised at his reaction to the whole thing.

This afternoon while Tony was gone to get his prescription, I asked her if she got her money situation straightened out and if she had gotten her food stamps again. I told her I hoped she was able to get things worked out right away because we have no more money to give them and I can't buy groceries since Tony goes into the GAP on his insurance in December and I may have to pay close 100% of his medicine bill plus he has these orthopedic treatments coming up. It is hard for me to not help someone when they need it and even though DH and I feel like they just used us; I have the tendency to break down and let something go and buy for them anyway. Please pray for me to be strong and so I don't give in to my feelings to spend the money I really don't have. I cannot keep spending the money.

Thanks again everybody for your prayers.

bargoo
11-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Trish, it seems like it is time for tough love here, these free loaders have been on the gravy train long enough I will say that maybe this talk from your DH and you was long overdue,they may have thought it was OK to take and take and take because no on told them NO. Be sure you and DH stick to what you have told them .Your own needs must be met, too.
I am praying this will all work out for the betterment of all concerned..

EZMONEY
11-28-2012, 11:40 AM
I will update my results of my last chemo treatment this weekend as I head back to the chair on Wednesday...nothing major but symptoms of what chemo does to you lasted longer this time which was normal...

but on a positive note, the results of my lab work were very good. My white and red blood cell counts were both good so no shot or transfusion needed and all other counts were good.

Obviously your prayers are working and I continually thank you :-)

EZMONEY
11-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your husband's job loss TRISH...prayers all turns out well.

Karen31
11-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Very good news Gary! Thanks so much for keeping us updated and the prayers continue!

Trish, thinking of you and sending prayers that it all works out for the best. That happened to us about 5 years ago, we weren't quite ready to retire but did anyway. We moved back to MO. and things have been just pretty darn good since then. OK being under the same roof 24/7 can be a little challenging at times but it is all good!

pattygirl63
11-28-2012, 08:54 PM
In the midst of all the struggles OUR WONDERFUL LORD AND SAVIOR sends a MIRACLE BLESSING. My oldest son has been unable to have anything to do with his family for years because of his wife. She got mad when I married and left TX. They wanted me to find someone to marry and move close to them.He and I have not talked to each other in over 6 years. I also learned today that she and Son#2 had an argument when we sold their dad's and my house and she didn't want to have anything to do with him. Well, God has been working and last night, I got an e-mail asking me for my telephone number which I immediately sent. My son called me today as he isn't going to allow her to keep him from talking to me. I also learned (including his wife's grandchildren) I have 6 more great grandchildren. I am so excited to not only hear from him, but I'm also excited about the new great grands that I didn't know I have. He was excited to and didn't want to hang up but I had errands to run had to hang up after 3 hrs of talking. We are supposed to talk again tomorrow. GOD IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD AND I AM SOOOOO BLESSED!!! Still don't know what is going to happen with DH's DD's situation. We keep praying.

Prayers continue for all of those of you here.

bargoo
11-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Trish, PTL!!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-28-2012, 11:30 PM
TRISH ~ PRAIZE GOD INDEED -- I am so glad that you & your oldest son have reconciled, esp just before Christmas too. I think BARGOO is correct; your DH was just telling them how it is, and sometimes you have to be more forthright and say "NO MORE MONEY!" We're broke and won't go into debt. Just say it's against your beliefs, becuz it is. I'm sure your husband isn't happy with the situation either; and well, he just let you know that for sure! He's standing by you, and he's made that very clear -- which is more good news for you ... :hug:

GARY ~ ^prayers^ continue for your next chemo round; hoping for even better results too ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-29-2012, 04:40 PM
OK, MY DEAR FRIENDS ~ I need your prayers like never before -- I went to the doctors for the results of my tests/cat scan today. Well, as my doc said "there is good news and not so good news". I have a huge, gigantic tumor in my abdomen -- only the biggest one this man has ever seen, so that he couldn't even hazzard a guess as to it's size ... end quote!

But, PRAIZE GOD -- it is benign; and now my doctor is going to try and find some very brave surgeons who would be willing to take this task on. So, we need lots & lots of prayers to find the best surgeons becuz my doctor thinks it may very well take a team of them (in TORONTO perhaps) to deal with a tumor this size.

*IMPORTANT* ~ We also have to pray that the tumor is not attached to any major organs or valves, for that very reason. My doctor says that becuz my health is good in every other respect that I can have the surgery.

Needless to say, DH is very upset right now -- and immediatley apologized for teasing me about my belly recently which did hurt my feelings, but I had asked JESUS many times to help me forgive all those who have teased me or made fun of me over the years.

And :love: My BELOVED JESUS :love:, you will be with me -- holding my hand all through this and the surgery like you did when I was a little girl ...

And friends, I know that this is a risky surgery and the other option is going HOME -- home to my beloved LORD and my wonderful Father in heaven and all my loved ones too; BUT we are going to focus on the positive. I really believe that GOD still has plans for me in this life. I have been having some strange dreams and visions lately.

So, I will stand on the messages that GOD has been revealing to me, and count them as a sign that all will be OK!!!

Now, my friends, your job is to pray like crazy for me; and I know you will. You are such good friends, and so faithful too. I thank you for this. You have been with me through good times and bad; and have been such a source of encouragement & support to me. I cannot thank you all enough ... :hug:

jwillits
11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I am new to this site my name is Judy and I believe that God has a wonderful plan for you, you are in my prayers you and your family.

EZMONEY
11-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Hitting my knees Rosebud I can't imagine all the thoughts going through your head right now from will they find a team to who's going to take care of DH...

We will be right here with you.....Big Hug!

auntnelly
11-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Rosebud--what news! I will be praying for this. I know there are Drs out there that can deal with this sort of thing. I had a friend here in the area whose friend had a tumor and was told there was no one who would want to tackle it, but on her way out of the hospital, a Dr came to HER and said, "I'll do it" and he did and she was fine.

So will you. Do keep us posted and we will pray for the best and most confident Dr or Drs for you as they try and plan this.

pattygirl63
11-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Judy :welcome3: Glad to have you join us and looking forward to getting to know you.

Rosebud I have been praying for you concerning this because I was waiting to hear what you would find out. I've been praying that it would be something fixable. I praise God that it is benign and can be removed. I will definitely be praying for our Father to give you give you the right team of docs for this task and you will come through it with a testimony of God's Goodness. I also will be praying for you to get the right help with DH too.

Perhaps the dreams and things were just God's way of letting you know that He is in control and everything will be fine. You are such a blessing to all of the people in your life that I just can't see Him calling you home at this time.:hug:

Karen31
11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Rosebud--- Sending lots of prayers your way. And prayers that the Dr.s will step in and take this away.... Prayers for you and your DH!!! Keep us posted.

bargoo
11-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Rosebud, be assured that I will be in prayer or you. Praying that the right medical people will be available and that surgery will be successful .

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-29-2012, 11:31 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS & SUPPORT ~ once again, you prove to me what wonderful people you all are! As expected, I spent the evening talking to my family members who are also putting me into their churches' prayer groups. I hope you'll all do the same too. Your support means a lot to me.

My sister, NUMPSTER, and her DH have offered to come up and get us if the surgery is done in Southern Ontario -- which is what they want, and I think they are right that the best teams of doctors would likely be from that area. It's all in GOD's hands now to choose for me; and I know that HE will do just that -- choose the best ones we have in this province.

Also, we can stay with them and they would take care of both my DH and our furry baby too. My other sister from out west says she'll see if she can get time off work to join us there too. I would love that! :D

My family is rallying around me too; and like you, GARY, I am blessed by that and felt so much love & support coming from all of them today!

:welcome: JUDY ~ and thank you for your supportive words and prayers today! I appreciate that so much.

Thanks again, friends -- I will defiinitely keep you posted. When I know, you will too ... :hug:

bargoo
11-30-2012, 07:53 AM
rosebud, what time zone are you in ? I want to know so that when you go into surgery I will be in prayer at the exact right time.
Two more things to add to your list, please ask Numpster to let us know how the surgery goes as I know there will be a little time where you won't be in contact. Please remember I haven't forgetten DH, this will be a confusing time for him, he will be in my prayers also.

wilma12
11-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Rosebud: Please know that you are in my prayers. Both for your health and for your DH. The Great Physician is in control!

bargoo
11-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Judy, welcome and blessings to you.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-30-2012, 08:44 PM
THANKS, BARGOO ~ that's a good question -- I am pretty sure that it's Eastern Time but will check to make sure it's not central time. Yes, I will ask NUMPSTER to do that; and I may also take my laptop with me too, so I can come on while recuping at my sister's place.

Yes, DH was OK yesterday, but was confused today as to when we would be going. I just have to keep telling him over & over again so he doesn't panic. He was so glad that we are taking him and our furry baby with us. I said, "Of course we would -- I am not leaving you behind." :lol: He knows my siblings so that should be a comfort to him too.

WILMA ~ thanks so much for your prayers and support!!! Yes, our LORD has everything under control ... :hug:

BTW, I heard this snipit the other day and thought it was so good ... TRIALS, TROUBLES & TRIBULATIONS * (Charles Stanley/me)

Why GOD "allows" these situations in our lives ...

1) For Salvation: to save us from ourselves. To bring us closer to GOD, or back to GOD. We may have gotten off track, fallen into sin, or are going in the wrong direction. Or, we may just need a rest (overworked or tired).

2) Spiritual growth and/or healing; and, so that we may be able to comfort others in the future.

3) Preparation: becuz GOD has some important work for us to do;
or, HE has a plan for our future and is getting us ready for it.

GOD did not promise to keep us from trials, troubles, and tribulations -- HE promised to be with us in them, through them, and to help us overcome them.

JESUS actually warned us that we would have them and that HE would be there to help us overcome them; and that HE would never leave us, nor forsake us. In John, Jesus prayed that GOD not take us out of the world but that HE would help us while we are here.

pattygirl63
11-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Rosebud Thanks for sharing that as it confirms some of what I told DH last night before I went to bed.

We saw the Orthopedic today to get results of MRI. Something is causing 6th & 7th discs to pinch a nerve on the left side which is why he is in pain in that left arm. We plan to do injections and they were supposed to set it up as an outpatient at the hospital but I think we are going to cancel that and go to DD pain management doctor for him to do it and let him take over the case. She said he is more caring etc. I told her this doc we saw today just doesn't seem to be all that interested in doing anything. I don't think he is the one we are supposed to use because of his attitude. Since the pain management doctor is her doctor, she will call his office Monday morning for us to get in to see him.

Please continue praying for DH. Because this doc wasn't really interested in DH case all that much, he has taken OTC meds he isn't supposed to take and may have caused him to have another ulcer or something as Tony's coloring is extremely pale. I'm praying he will get better since we finally have the right meds. I understand from DD that the Pain Management doc can also give DH patches to take ease the pain until we get the injections done.

Continued prayers going up for all of you. God bless y'all.

EZMONEY
12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Continued prayers for ROSEBUD and TRISH'S DH..so many peope I know with back pain these days.

EZMONEY
12-01-2012, 11:40 AM
UPDATE ~ I'm going to update now as I head back to the chemo chair on Wednesday for #5. This last chemo treatment took a little more out of me, as expected. The sensitivity to cold in my fingers and toes was much more intense and lasted much longer, in fact I still have a little of it. It also took a lot longer before I was able to drink cold liquid, the sensation of swallowing crushed ice lasted much longer than before. My calves hurt last time but this time they felt like they did after Angie and I did the marathon...freakin' sore and tight for a few days, very hard to walk...plus the normal soreness in the feet. Fatigue is becoming the "norm" as it lasts longer each treatment and the chemo mouth and brain stuff is always there...food doesn't always taste good and you walk around a little bit "lost" at times....but I'm not complaining!!! All in all I am pretty lucky compared to some of my other cancer buddies in treatment.

Your prayers are working and I love you all for them! Big Hug!! I am blessed!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks, TRISH ~ your welcome; ^prayers^ continue for your DH (Toni) -- wish they could deal with the source of the pain too (the discs, if that is correct). Hope he starts to feel better soon.

Thanks, GARY ~ ^prayers^ going up that your side effects will continue to be minimal; and for your C-buddies too ... :hug:

PRAYER REQUEST for our friend, MAGGIE ~ she is in the hospital; not sure what's wrong yet, either depression or a mild stroke, possibly. She has fibro as well. Hope she is feeling better soon. Thanks!

ronni62
12-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Prayers and prayers and prayers--I'll just keep on and on lifting you all up.

Rosebud-so glad your tumor is found and benign and that the docs are working on the best plan for you. You have such a good attitude and that will help immensely! I will be praying for you and your DH through all this.

Gary-prayers continue. You, also, have such a good attitude and I know God is working in you for healing.

Just a quick request--DH's mom ends up with a lot of stray cats, as she lives on the edge of her town and near farm fields, so people just drop unwanted pets out there. She has one male cat who's been around a couple months and has been friendly to her, but not to the other cats, so Wednesday night, MIL was trying to feed the cats, but the male was causing issues and she tried to move him away, but he was mad and attacked her. She was bitten very badly, but didn't go to the ER until the next afternoon. They started antibiotics and rabies shots, since he was a stray cat. Now, she's been in the hospital since Friday evening and the wounds aren't healing very well (she has also been on maintenance chemo for breast cancer the last year and a half). The docs finally called the CDC to find out if there are any other recommendations for cat bites and learned that they were using the wrong antibiotics and that the rabies shots should not have been started (since she had been feeding the cat for several weeks, she'd have known if he was ill with rabies). So, she'll be in the hospital at least another day and the docs are changing her antibiotics and treatment. She's 84, but she's a tough lady and just needs some prayer to get these hand wounds to heal up, so she can go home.

Thanks and God bless you all!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-02-2012, 11:46 PM
RONNI ~ thanks for all the prayers. I have sent up some for your mother's hands too ... :hug:

UPDATE ~ BTW, they are doing a CT scan on MAGGIE tomorrow to make sure she hasn't had a stroke.

UPDATE on ROBERT ANNAND ~ he was called this week to go to a hospital in Northern Ontario. The cancer has already spread to his kidneys and brain. They feel they can't do anything for him, so he needs xtra-special prayers to our LORD for comfort and peace at this time. May GOD show him his love and mercy as well. Thanks.

Karen31
12-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Lots of prayers going up for all concerns.. Ronni-- cat bites can be so dangerous glad that she is in the hospital and getting the right medications now.Sending special prayers for her just for caring so much for animals that people seem to think they can throw away.

Gary, I look forward everyday to hear from you. Your attitude is just amazing and an inspiration to all. So glad that you are feeling better.

Sending good thoughts and prayers for everyone.

bargoo
12-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Pray for our friends in the Philipines, they have had a typhoon, 283 people dead and 300 missing. In some cases entire families were lost.

EZMONEY
12-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Going in for chemo #5 this morning...a long 5 1/2 to 6 hour ride in the chemo chair awaits me....luckily I have plenty to read, my tablet and cell phone and wonderful wife to keep me company...plus sharing with my fellow chemo neighbors...

I am so blessed to have "entertainment" ;-)

bargoo
12-05-2012, 10:59 AM
I get to sit in a chair like that on Tuesday , mine only takes two hours but I admit by the time it gets down to an hour and 45 minute I start looking at the bag to see if the level is dropping. I am convinced that the pharmacist sometimes fills it extra full.

EagleRiverDee
12-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Praying for everyone, and the folks in the Phillipines also.

I could also use prayers. I lost my beloved dog last night, unexpectedly and quickly. He went from being healthy and fine to having crossed over the Rainbow bridge in less than an hour, and he was a young and seemingly healthy dog so I was unprepared and I am grief stricken as he was my baby. I could use prayers to help me with my grief.

Thanks everyone, and God Bless.

bargoo
12-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Dee, I am so sorry to hear of losing your beloved friend. I know how difficult this is. Take comfort in knowing that you gave him love and a wonderful home.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-05-2012, 09:31 PM
DEE ~ so sorry for the loss of your furry baby; we know how that is ... :hug: & prayers.

GARY & BARGOO ~ ^prayers^ going up for both of you for your trips and the chemo/treatments you are getting. We pray for minimal side effects and amazing results for both of you.

UPDATE ~ went to the specialist for my pre-surgery assessment. He is looking for a team of surgeons in Southern Ontario as more surgery is needed than he can do (very nice man; GOD bless him). GOD is working here -- I already know that another amazing positive may come out this whole thing for me that I didn't expect, but we know that our GOD is an awesome GOD, don't we? :yes:

^Prayers^ going up for those in the Phillipines that have suffered such losses; may they be comforted in their grief and their lives be restored as much as possible.

Karen31
12-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Dee-- so sorry for the loss of your Fur baby... Here comes a cyberhug your way! It is so hard when we lose a fur baby.

Hugs and prayers for Gary and Bargoo---- Continue to keep you both in my thougths and prayers.

Rosebud--prayers for you that they find the surgeons needed and you will be doing great in no time.

I continue to keep all of you in thoughts and prayers.

bargoo
12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
rosebud, prayimg for the right surgical team to be available for you.

EZMONEY
12-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Tough ride in the chemo chair today/tonight...still pumping it in me-

So sorry Dee

Rosebud progress it looks like towards surgery.

Night all

EZMONEY
12-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Feeling better today.

bargoo
12-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Feeling better today.

That is good news.

Karen31
12-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Glad to hear that Gary. I still have prayers going out for all..

EagleRiverDee
12-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Gary, I'm glad to hear that today is going well for you.

Prayers for Gary and Bargoo on their chemotherapy treatment, and for Rosebud on her surgery.

Thanks for the kind comments regarding my pup. Today is another hard day, but I know I will feel better in time. Do you think Dogs have souls and go to Heaven? I hope so with all my heart.

bargoo
12-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Gary, I'm glad to hear that today is going well for you.

Prayers for Gary and Bargoo on their chemotherapy treatment, and for Rosebud on her surgery.

Thanks for the kind comments regarding my pup. Today is another hard day, but I know I will feel better in time. Do you think Dogs have souls and go to Heaven? I hope so with all my heart.

I don't know if this is scriptually correct, but I do believe our dogs go to Heaven aand are there waiting for us.

ronni62
12-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Prayers are going up for all of you, for chemo and few side effects, for lost furry friends, for surgeries, and all other needs. God is so good and He answers our prayers in wonderful ways.

Update on my MIL-she was released from the hospital on Tuesday and her hand is much better. They were exceptionally concerned about infection because she'd had a knee replacement, which makes you more susceptible to the spread of infection throughout the body. She's still on antibiotics, but healing very quickly. Thanks for all the prayers!

My friend's mom, Leitha, who I mentioned awhile back, is soon going home to be with her Savior--probably within the next day or 2. Please lift up her family that they'll feel the Lord's comfort through the coming days and weeks.

Thanks, everyone. Have a nice evening:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-06-2012, 08:55 PM
DEE ~ Yes, I do; there is a scripture that says animals have souls. I have posted it before but will have to do a search for it again. I have seen my furry babies in my dreams many times and they are well in them too. :hug:

GARY glad you are feeling better today; we kept praying for you round the clock ... GOD does answer prayers!

UPDATE ~ PRZ GOD, a surgeon (DR. MAZURKA) has come forward to do my surgery (GOD bless him) from HAMILTON, Ontario. My surgery date has been tentatively set for December 20th or 24th -- you see, GOD promised me a Christmas present, so I expected this (as I mentioned before about my dreams and visions).

My pre-surgery consultation will take place in Sudbury, Ontario on Friday, December 14, 2012. We will travel there on the 13th and stay overnight as the consult is at 10 am and it is a 5-hour drive (each way) from where I live here. Could use prayers for a safe, comfortable ride. Last time, my lower back went into painful spasms by the time I got home, so my Aunt (GOD bless her) is lending us her larger car so I can lay down in the back seat for the trip; and she will also look after our furry baby for us overnight. :D

So, things are moving along nicely. I am a bit nervous, yet excited at the same time; can't wait til this is all done. So many answers to prayer in this matter -- our GOD is so faithful! Thanks for all your prayers; you have no idea how much they are appreciated.

EDIT2ADD: btw, my relatives did some research on the net about tumors. My tumor will not be the largest in world (;)) -- becuz a women in the US had a 300 lb tumor removed successfully, and she is just fine! PRAIZE GOD!!!

bargoo
12-06-2012, 10:44 PM
rosebud, will be praying for a comfortable and safe trip and a consultation that will answer all your question or concerns you may have. It is good that these are happening soon, much better for you.