Old 09-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #1  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default My husband can't seem to stop losing weight

Hi Everyone,

My husband is doing the diet with me though he isn't strict about it. He's lost 14 lbs so far and is below his target goal. We've been trying to phase him out but we haven't been successful. He's done phase 2 (and still kept on losing) and then phase 3 (still lost) and he's even done 2 cheat days wherein he just ate whatever he wanted (choco cake, pie, etc.) and his weight went up a bit but by the end of 3 days, he lost all that he had gained.

He's not seeing a coach and so I'd appreciate any advice as to how to get him to stop losing weight as he's getting pretty skinny. He's 5'6 and is presently 139 lbs. For a guy, that's pretty small. We honestly thought he kicked himself out of ketosis (that was the plan because he actually wanted to gain weight so he could start working out and building muscle mass) but apparently he's still in it.

What do we do?
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #2  
Dancer need to lose some

S/C/G: 160/148/120

Height: 5'2"

My DH has problems gaining weight as well... lol
Hotpink88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

It's normal. Especially for men. My coach (female) said she continued losing weight for weeks after she phased off. It just took awhile to mellow out and even out. If you've had him phase off correctly (two weeks phase 2, two weeks phase 3, no cheats at all those four weeks) he'll be fine. It's important not to have cheat days in those two phases though - even if you're worried about him losing weight if he doesn't. It's about retraining the pancreas and cheat days hinder that being done correctly.
sneuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinseattle View Post
Hi Everyone,

My husband is doing the diet with me though he isn't strict about it. He's lost 14 lbs so far and is below his target goal. We've been trying to phase him out but we haven't been successful. He's done phase 2 (and still kept on losing) and then phase 3 (still lost) and he's even done 2 cheat days wherein he just ate whatever he wanted (choco cake, pie, etc.) and his weight went up a bit but by the end of 3 days, he lost all that he had gained.

He's not seeing a coach and so I'd appreciate any advice as to how to get him to stop losing weight as he's getting pretty skinny. He's 5'6 and is presently 139 lbs. For a guy, that's pretty small. We honestly thought he kicked himself out of ketosis (that was the plan because he actually wanted to gain weight so he could start working out and building muscle mass) but apparently he's still in it.

What do we do?
If he's gone through phase 2 and 3 why is he not just moving on to phase 4?
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #5  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Calories determine fat loss or gain. Not ketosis.

If your husband wants to stop losing fat he needs to eat more calories.

If your husband wants to gain muscle he is going to have to eat a surplus of calories which also means he will be gaining fat.

Unless he plans on using steroids I highly reccomend your husband check out Lyle Mcdonald's forum as he deals with the reality of muscle gain where most sites push supplements with lies.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote