40-Somethings - dress size issue...

View Full Version : dress size issue...

iamritu
09-11-2012, 12:15 PM
started on another weight loss journey yesterday and wish i get back on track this time. My first goal is to fit into a dress....my problem is having a difference in size in the top and bottom. i am a size 12/14 on top while a 14/ 16 on the bottoms. This keeps me from buying frocks and dresses...cos if they fit the tummy area, they are loose around the shoulders and if they fit the top, i cannot squueeze my bottom in them. What to do??? any suggestions for a diet and exercise to help me resolve this issue... is there any way tht i can reduce my bottoms and tummy without losing from the top...

bargoo
09-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Buy what fits your largest part and have the rest altered to fit.

patchworkpenguin
09-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Are you looking at straight up and down sheath dresses or those with a looser flared bottom half? Different styles might fit you better.

I'm more of a skirt and top person because of this issue.

FirstLove
09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
I buy separates (top & bottom) for this very reason.

KateB
09-13-2012, 04:26 PM
I have always been bigger on top, than on the bottom. Back in the day, when I single and thin I wore a size 12/14 on top and an 8 on the bottom. Separates are the way to go! Or find a good seamstress!

juliana77
09-13-2012, 04:28 PM
You probably just need to try different styles or even different designers. I still have a very hard time with sheath dresses (I'm a slight pear) but empire and a-line fit great.

Blueberries
09-13-2012, 08:40 PM
You probably just need to try different styles or even different designers. I still have a very hard time with sheath dresses (I'm a slight pear) but empire and a-line fit great.

Yes! A-Line dresses are my saving grace. I loooove them.

Wisertime
09-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Same problem here. Bigger on the bottom, smaller on top. One solution might be to find a wrap style dress where you can cinch the top in a bit.