South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat on the Beach - September 11

Good morning. A cold morning up here in the Great White North so there will be no coffee on the deck even wrapped in quilts! It's 37ºF out there but is supposed to warm up as the day unfolds.

Not a lot on the agenda today but I'm sure I'll find something to fill the time. Claire cleared out the planters at the Church yesterday so I will plant them with fall mums a bit later. I might go out and "mercy-kill" my tomato plants because production is way over the top. I have enough tomato sauce in my freezer to open an Italian restaurant! I even have a couple of eggplants plumping up out there.

Bought some new pants yesterday. The ones I bought last spring are just a tad snug and fairly uncomfortable so I bit the bullet and went up a size. (It was hard!) It's that transition season in clothes around here although it's supposed to warm up again. I need a revolving closet because I hate stashing away clothes at end of season.

Time to have another coffee and figure out today's menu - which will include tomatoes. I sure will miss them in January but right now am ready for a divorce!

Have a delightful day and do something nice for yourself.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'm curled up on the sofa with a quilt tucked around me, enjoying my hot coffee and a comforting bowl of oats with apple butter. Fall is definitely in the air this morning!

I'm with you on the tomatoes, Ruth. My freezer is filled with them, and we've been keeping the neighbors supplied. All this from only 4 plants! Next year I vow to cut back!

It should be a fairly quiet and easy day. I did so much yesterday to help keep my mind off my mother, who's unfortunately not doing so well. There's always a glimmer of hope, though. Today I think I'll work outside on the flower beds, pruning back the rose bushes and tidying up, since the weather will be perfect for it.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Chilly in NY too! Granted not 37 though. Linda I am sorry to hear your mom is not doing well.

Not a busy day here, will be watching the 9/11 ceremony as I have done every year. Later a short ride maybe with my friend Meredith. Have to go to Carmel and pick up a bow (not mine lo). Staying at Joe's tonight. I have training in Schenectady on Wednesday. It is 2.5 hours from my house and less than an hour from his. Wednesday I will do my best to eat OP, but I am at the Mercy of the class. Oh well
Old 09-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

So busy here but DH leaves this morning which will clear my calendar a bit. He's making a smoothie right now and I'm off to work.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chickies,

Sorry I have been missing in action but things have been busy and stressful here. I survived a 10 day road trip eating on the road and at present stand at 166.

For those who are sick of tomatoes, I have made soup a few times and its so delicious. Its hard to give exact measurements because I make a huge pot. Anyways here it goes, A bit of olive oil, chopped onion, chopped zucchini, about 6 huge tomatoes skin and all, a can of well rinsed romano beans, a teaspoon of pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste, stew all this for a while then add either stock of your choice, chicken or veggie to cover a bit above all of this. Simmer for about 35 minutes and then blend. I got a new beehive oster and it does a wonderful job even grounded chia seeds. After blending taste, I added a big handful of basil and a squirt of wine vinegar and agave nectar. So good and elegant.
Hope to be back next week when things are a bit more calm.
Nice to see everyone here.
take care
Sophie
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #6  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Hey girls, I'm just realizing that I didn't tell you guys my news...sad, but necessary. About 4 days after I posted about our little bean, I miscarried. I'm dealing with it, and my OB gave us the green light on trying again when we were ready. We tried this past cycle (I'm 5 days past Ovulation now, so we'll see). Still cautiously optimistic, so we'll see where this goes. I guess next time maybe I shouldn't be so quick to let everyone know what is going on! Just wanted to give ya'll a heads up....especially if you're on my facebook and noticed that I was drinking again (didn't want anyone thinking that Baby Zeff was taking tequila shots last weekend!). Anyway...you know...it happens...some prayers for another conception would be appreciated Thanks ladies!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #7  
Faith in me

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day! Zeff, I'm so sorry to hear that. Well wishes and luck your way!!
Not a lot going on around here other than the fact that the weather has cooled down and it's just beautiful...My little man started with his sitter yesterday...He was fussy yesterday but he seems to be doing much better today getting adjusted! He's not used to being around so many kids, but I think he'll like it and gain friends. Yesterday when I dropped him off I felt sad and was thinking oh my gosh if this is anything what it'll be like in the future with school and then college I'm a goner lol...I had tears in my eyes on my way to work...he is my little stinkpot! Love him bunches!!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sophie, thank you so much for sharing your soup recipe. It sounds delicious and I can't wait to make it. Lord knows I have plenty of tomatoes for it! I do hope the stress eases out of your life and you're back on track real soon. Take care.

Zeffryn, I'm so sorry about your sad news. I had guessed as much by your posts on FB, but didn't want to ask. I wish you well and pray you are blessed by a new bundle of joy soon.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Thanks, girls. It was a rough few days. Pushing past and realizing that there is a reason why we weren't meant to have that baby. Feeling blessed that I already have two, a third or more is just lagniappe
Old 09-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Zeff

just completed my first non-stop 13 hour day at the job and I'm playing den mother. Now I know I'm really back. Have to get up early to bring car to garage for a check-up so no sleeping in
I need to remember my on the road planning tricks for long days, didn't make the best food choices today.
Closed Thread