Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #1  
Female Age 33

S/C/G: 231/193/165

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Please Help!!!

During the first 10 days on the MRC diet, I lost 6.5 lbs on the pre-conditioning. That was without any supplements and/or pills. I started the supplements and all the pills they recommend with the yellow/blue menus only losing about 4 lbs. I was on the beige menu for two weeks and lost nothing... Zilch..Zero! What is going on???? They changed me to the green menu and said it's not time for me to be on it yet but I guess we are experimenting. This is so frustrating! Has anyone else had this happen? Or maybe does anyone know what might be the problem?
HowdyTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I'm not familiar with the diet you are talking about, the supplements, or what kind of calorie level are on each of the menus, but you have lost A LOT so far in such few weeks. From what you wrote it seems like you are talking about a time frame of about 5 to 6 weeks (is that right?), and a loss of over 10 lbs!? That's substantial.

Without knowing what calorie level you are at it's hard to say what the problem is, IF there even is a problem. There will be weeks where you don't lose anything for no reason. It happens! There may even be weeks you gain for no reason (water weight fluctuation).

You asked "has anyone else had this happen?". YES, this has happened to me many many many times over the course of my weight loss 'journey' so far. And it will happen to me again, I'm certain of that. You just have to keep with it.

That was probably not much help. But if this is a diet where you have counselors, what have they had to say about it? There are lots of ways to go about losing weight, if this way isn't being particularly successful (in your eyes), there are many other options that will lead you to the same goal. Perhaps give it some more time since you have indeed lost weight, but if it is something you are paying weekly, or monthly, for I can see why you are getting impatient.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #3  
Female Age 33

Thanks so much LockItUp for your recent feedback! You have encouraged me that maybe there's not as big of a problem as I thought there might be. I have been on the "Metabolic Research Center" diet now for a lil over 4 weeks. It's a low carb, high protein diet similar to Atkins. The supplements are protein drinks (they say you have to have them for it to work) and the pills are a long list of fat burners, vitamins, and herbs. I go in to the center twice a week to be weighed and they review what's being eaten. They don't really seem to give much advice other that to stay on the menu and drink the protein drinks! Great job on your weight loss!

I have paid up front for 17 weeks. They say I should lose 3-4 lbs a week on this schedule.

Last edited by HowdyTexas; 09-10-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: To add data
Old 09-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I would strongly advise you to do two things.

1) Educate yourself on the fundamentals of fat loss. This forum is a fantastic resource with a fairly high signal to noise ratio.

2) Find an exercise program you can do for a long long time to come. Even if it only is brisk walking it will make a big difference to your health.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #5  
Female Age 33

Thanks for the advice from everyone so far and congrats to the lbs lost! I gained my weight very fast, so I guess that's another reason why I'm so impatient with it. Three full rounds of infertility drugs will sure plump a girl up quick! And all I have to show for it is weight gain and loss of esteem. That is why I joined this forum. Regardless of how the weight was gained, we will all go through ups and downs while trying to lose it. And it's interesting reading about other people's journey along the way!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Good luck, Texas. I don't know anything about your diet of choice, but I think that ALL marketed diet programs give you the best case scenario when they sell the product to you. Perhaps someone lost 3-4 pounds a week, but not everyone. It may not even be the average.

In terms of long range goals, eating fewer calories than you burn will work just about 100% of the time. I know there are some with medical problems that make weight loss difficult. Outside of that, I think a couple pounds a week is great progress. Keep up the great work, and after the 17 weeks try doing the healthy eating on your own. You'll already be familiar with what you should eat.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote