Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Default Water weight is shocking!

I normally don't weigh myself often because I don't want this journey to just be about a number, but to be about overall health and fitness. But last Monday I weighed myself out of curiosity - 192 lbs. Then I had a horrible binge on Monday (right after seeing I had lost 12 pounds in 6.5 weeks...smart, huh? ). And I had to go to the doctor Thursday, and was horrified, but not surprised, when the scale said 203 pounds.

I was wearing clothes and shoes at that time, so I knew I weighed less than that. So the next morning I weighed without clothes and it was 198 pounds. That was Friday. On Saturday, I was at 196, and this morning I was back to 193. Thank goodness.

I am back on plan as of the day after my binge, so I am confident I will get back to 192 in a few days so I don't have to change my signature . But I thought I would just share how overeating may lead to weight gain - but that weight gain may be temporary.

I read a lot of posts that say "I ate pizza one day and gained eleven pounds!". I am here to reassure you that, unless you somehow managed to eat 35,000 calories' worth of pizza in one day, you didn't gain 11 pounds. At least not permanently. I admit it is scary to see a jump on the scale, but you are experiencing sodium intake and water retention.

I'm not saying it is ok to overeat because you will gain back little to no permanent weight. What I am saying is that you probably don't have to beat yourself up too much if you screw up once or twice. But don't make it a habit! Get back on plan ASAP so you feel emotionally better.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for posting your experience. We do see a lot of people who are terrified that they've gained 10lbs in a day or two, and it's good to have somewhere to point them for reassurance.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #3  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Great message...!!! This took me a long time to finally "get" and I still let it drive me a little crazy sometimes still....

Thanks once again for this.... I find for me now, that it's always good to hear how people deal with this in a sane, rational, and most importantly in a constructive way...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #4  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Oh yeah, I've seen 4-5 in one night from a carb fest. It takes about 3 or 4 days for it to come off. I don't like to do it too often as that's another week of playing catch up.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I didn't even have a "fest" of any sort, and I was up 5lbs the other day. That night, I was in the bathroom off loading water several times, and back down to where I was the next morning. Our bodies do such strange things!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote