Old 09-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default WOW Happier Halloween Challenge!

Let's keep moving toward healthier, happier us. Shorter challenge,, just over 7 weeks til Halloween!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #2  

OK ladies, I have started and done well and fallen off the wagon more times than I can count! Today's the day.

My life is changing, my son's are graduating from college this winter. One is moving 2000 miles away to accept a new job in a few weeks, the other is today testing for a job in another state as well. I am so proud of and happy for them, but I will miss them terribly.
That's what planes are for I guess.

That does mean though, that it's time to move forward with my life too.
I have been hovering in the high 150's & low 160's for years. No more excuses!
Make time for me & will also need to fit in time with hubby! Work has been horrible for a long time, all summer has been 60 hours plus. They are launching a new process at the end of the month. Here's hoping that will help!

My plan, Ideal protein but with alternatives. Can't afford the actual plan. Running if my body will cooperate. Zumba on the WII. Elliptical! (those 3 to rotate) Water, lots of water. Need to start some weights too. May return to the Y for the classes.

Today...
W 100
E Going out right now to walk/run
E POP, only eat what I planned, no booze!!!
D Choose to be happy!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

mavis you can do it!

Almost over with my week long experiment Had pizza yesterday, but I'm not mad at myself because all week I haven't had time to eat and yesterday even though I'm not officially counting calories I would guess I had had less then 500 and had been up and working and doing school stuff from 7-8, so I could feel my body needed food to live and all that jazz

W-80
E-rock climbing/hiking
E-don't gorge!
D-you can do anything!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:12 AM   #4  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey girls!

I had a huge emotional binge a couple of days ago but I managed to make it just one day and didn't hate myself afterward. Just moved forward. Weigh in was Friday and I lost 3.2 lbs!

My WEED for this challenge:

W: 64oz
E: 20 min/3x week
E: 1500 cals
D: I'm not going to be the fat auntie!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #5  

Dottie, more rock climbing pics, please!

Shari, glad you are feeling better about things.

Mindy, hope you had a good weekend!

Emi, Kris, Jeni, Michelle...come back!

W 100
E Elliptical today
E OP for the rest of the day, did have a bite of pastry at church without thinking, good but not good enough to wear on my hips.
D Get the have to stuff out of the way, have to show 2 houses, then I can relax.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #6  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

SUrprise, surprise!! TOM arrived yesterday unexpectedly. I am up only about a pound with this so I am happy. Just did a 2 mile run and hoping that after TOM I will lose some more.

Good luck everyone!!! By Halloween it would be great to be in the 170's again. That is a little over 5 pounds. Not a very aggressive goal but my body doesn't give up the weight easily anymore. So it is what it is.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #7  

jasonslea That's wonderful that you were able to jump back on track Also great job on the loss!

mavis lol I totally will post the new rock climbing pics from last week as soon as my dad sends them to me, so glad you liked the last ones!

mindy ugh I'm totally about to start TOM too I think your goal of the 170s is a good one, it doesn't really matter how slow its going anyways but that you're losing weight at all right? I personally like to make less aggressive goals and then its totally awesome if I surpass them or if I meet them and I don't end up beating myself up too much.

So my week long no counting calories and no weighing experiment is over and....[B]i lost 3 lbs[B]....which is the most I've lost in a week EVER! ahaha! So yeah I think I'm going to keep up with this intuitive eating and not weighing stuff Also am fitting into some size 6s which is pretty cool

W-80
E-going to be running around all day...
E-only when hungry
D-you deserve happiness
Old 09-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 143/141/120

Height: 5'3

I'd like to join ya'll. I'm Cindy. I've been counting calories for a while and have lost 14 pounds in the past few months but have fallen off the wagon lately. I joined 3FC for some support and inspiration. I've started doing Weight Watchers on my own now and so far so good! Here are my goals...

W- At least 16 oz. I barely drink water so 16 is a small goal for now.

E- Walk at least a mile a day. Seeing as I usually do nothing for exercise this will be big for me.

E- 26 WW points. I've had a hard time with this so far by going over a little every day.

D- I can do this!
ALilFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #9  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

hey girls! Hoping I can lose some weight between now and Halloween..

W- didnt drink water today
E-Worked out in yard getting thing ready and started putting up some stuff for Halloween
E- didnt count my calories today
D-I can, have, and will lose weight n get to my goal
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #10  

Welcome Cindy!!!

Hey ladies, i'm glad Monday is over. Work is still crazy, yesterday just sucked. Today won't be less crazy, but I get my hair done tonight, so that will make me feel better.

W 100
E Walk at lunch, crunches
E POP
D Don't let it get to you!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #11  

cindy!

barbie glad to hear from you

mavis yesterday was pretty awful for me too I'm sure getting your hair done will be nice though, going to the salon always makes me feel pretty

13 hours at school yesterday.....ugh....I literally just don't have time to eat(or do anything really!). Hoping things will slow down as things get more settled...

W-80
E-none
E-try and eat more protein
D-you belong here.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #12  

Did not get my exercise in, but down anyway!!

Try again today. D, hope today is better for you too!

W 100
E run after work
E OP
D try, try again!!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #13  

mavis things are getting a little smoother for me, still an insane amount of work, but I'm sure things will settle down after the first few weeks....congrats of the loss!

I'm in choir and yesterday a bunch of the girls broke down because the choir director insisted on taking all the girls measurements in front of everyone and then called out the numbers for her assistant to take down. It was super weird. We have to buy our concert dresses from her(the boys can wear their own clothes and didn't have to get measured...) and instead of us just putting down our sizes or measurements she said she knew we'd lie and had to do this. I'm like....we are all adults here and we are buying the dresses this is completely stupid. So yeah she kept telling us to stick out our stomachs while she measured and measured super lose. She kept telling me I wasn't sticking out my stomach enough and I'm like lady, what do you want me to do? I knew it was bogus and I take my own measurements so it didn't bother me at all. I actually found the measurements she got for me hilarious since they're like amazon barbie measurements or something. But some of those girls are freshman and super sensitive and pretty much ran from the room crying......just a really weird class all around. Its going to be hilarious in concerts though when my dress just falls off me in front of everyone since I know its going to be huge(especially since our big performance isn't till Christmass.....)

W-80
E-nada
E-do you NEED those crackers?
D-you will succeed!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 143/141/120

Height: 5'3

I've done good with my water and exercise for the past two days. Still need to stop eating so much. I've seen people posting about TOM- time of month I'm assuming? I'm used to AF. lol. I'm about to start now and I've got the munchies.

W- 20 oz
E- Walk at least one mile
E- 26 WW points. Stop nibbling. Resist the Cheetos.
D- I can do this!
ALilFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #15  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Sounds like everyone's life is crazy right now..mine too!! I am trying to workout 6 days a week and not eat too much for lunch. TOM is rolling on through so HOPEFULLY I will be able to drop some pounds after this monkey business is over. I can taste the 170's and want them REALLY bad.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote