Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default I just want to cry

Actually I did cry for the first the first time ever about my weight loss today. For a month I've been around 204-206 just bouncing up and down despite anything I do. After the first week I decided to change it up and start some new exercise to challenge the body the way you're suppose to right? Well despite starting c25k and then a week later 30 day shred , and continuing to stay on point with my calories my body just hates me and I weigh the same I did today as I did a month ago. How fn frustrating to try and try and have no results, it's so demotivating but I'll still work out today cause I want this so bad but I hate it. It's a real mind game sort of deal. I'm so happy I've lost the 43 lbs or whatever but I'm no where near where I want to be and I wish my body would work the right way. *sigh* thanks for bearing with me durin my vent. I'm gonna go listen to Jillian michales talk about phoning it in and crap.
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Oh that sucks, everyone has their down days but the key is not to give up hope and reflect on what you have already achieved! You've come a long way so far and there is no reason you won't be able to reach your goal.

The exercise will be helping with toning etc. so consider those benefits too! Keep up the good fight and you'll get there, we all will eventually
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Oh boy, do I feel you!! During my journey down, I ran into a few plateaus and I also cried out of pure frustration!

All I can tell you is that if you continue to eat right and exercise, the weight WILL come off - it just doesn't always come off right when we want it to. Hang in there, because you are probably due for a big WHOOSH!

Remember that this is a journey of a thousand steps made one at a time!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #4  
Just watch me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedollylala View Post
Actually I did cry for the first the first time ever about my weight loss today. For a month I've been around 204-206 just bouncing up and down despite anything I do. After the first week I decided to change it up and start some new exercise to challenge the body the way you're suppose to right? Well despite starting c25k and then a week later 30 day shred , and continuing to stay on point with my calories my body just hates me and I weigh the same I did today as I did a month ago. How fn frustrating to try and try and have no results...
I feel your pain Thedollylala, but think of it this way...you DO have results, you've maintained your weight loss. That's more than most people do - look around - most don't even lose weight because they don't 'stick with it'.

A couple of thoughts, from reading as well as my own experience - (1) Maybe your body is over-stressed by what you're doing. Do you take 'off' days for rest? (2) Maybe you're taking in too many carbs? Not enough calories? Some people start losing again when they cut back on the processed carbs, up the greens, etc. (3) Have you had a check-up lately? Thyroid issues - which are not uncommon - make it difficult to lose weight despite our best efforts.

Or maybe this is just a natural 'plateau'. Your body doesn't hate you - it's just obeying whatever metabolic rules it follows. It's really simple. We just have to figure out what works for us at different stages of this weight loss process.

Try mixing some things up, or maybe just take a rest for a week and see if that works.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #5  

While I applaud your efforts for sticking with the workouts and switching things up, I can just about guarantee you that it's not the exercise you are/are not doing but your diet that is preventing you from losing any more weight.

What does your diet look like? How many calories per day are you eating? How are you measuring/tracking them? Are you following a specific program? How long has it been since you adjusted your caloric intake? Do you have "Cheat" days/meals? If so, how often?

Weight loss is predominantly about what you are eating, and it is entirely possible to lose weight with no exercise whatsoever... So, if you aren't seeing results THAT is where you need to concentrate your efforts.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Actually, why not allow yourself to feel those sad emotions and cry a little bit? Sometimes it feels so much better to cry a little and get those feelings out.
And then move on of course.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
While I applaud your efforts for sticking with the workouts and switching things up, I can just about guarantee you that it's not the exercise you are/are not doing but your diet that is preventing you from losing any more weight.

What does your diet look like? How many calories per day are you eating? How are you measuring/tracking them? Are you following a specific program? How long has it been since you adjusted your caloric intake? Do you have "Cheat" days/meals? If so, how often?

Weight loss is predominantly about what you are eating, and it is entirely possible to lose weight with no exercise whatsoever... So, if you aren't seeing results THAT is where you need to concentrate your efforts.
Agree 100 %.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Me too, agree 100%.

I'm the queen of over-exercising, but not focusing on my eating. When I do, I lose weight.

It's not about the exercise, sadly. If it was, I would have reached my goal weight and beyond!

What are you eating? How many calories, what macros?

How often to do you go over and how much?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #9  

Quote:

Thankyou everyone for your replies, I've had an emotional morning sigh...

To answer this question I use my fitness pal and I track calories, right now I'm eating 1300-1500 a day, I basically take my bmr x 1.3 for maintenance And on work out days I try to have it at 800-1000 of a deficit and non work out days I'll have 500-800 left over... Idk what else to do and as far as cheat days go I don't cheat per say going over calories but I will eat like going out every once ina while, Maybe once every week to two weeks
Old 09-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #10  

This is what yesterday's macros looked like

And the prior weeks macros

Last edited by Thedollylala; 09-07-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #11  

What's anyone's thoughts on what my macros look like? Cause I don't know the first thing about those except the sodium intake part
Old 09-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #12  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedollylala View Post
For a month I've been around 204-206 just bouncing up and down despite anything I do. After the first week I decided to change it up and start some new exercise to challenge the body the way you're suppose to right?
That is a myth. The body doesn't get confused when you mix things up.

Moving along ... I am of the personal opinion that for fat loss macros don't matter much till you get down to vanity pounds so long as protein is sufficient.

The only thing that sticks out to me is your "cheat day". Depending on what this means your cheat day could be your problem.

The other possibility is water retention.

I understand being upset but you have to trust that your body is not breaking the laws of physics. If you use more energy than you consume your body will utilize fat stores to make up the difference. While it might always be obvious there is always a reason. Don't give up ... you'll get there.

Also I notice you're not lifting heavy weights. Best thing you can do for fat loss in my opinion. Something to consider.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
That is a myth. The body doesn't get confused when you mix things up.

Moving along ... I am of the personal opinion that for fat loss macros don't matter much till you get down to vanity pounds so long as protein is sufficient.

The only thing that sticks out to me is your "cheat day". Depending on what this means your cheat day could be your problem.

The other possibility is water retention.

I understand being upset but you have to trust that your body is not breaking the laws of physics. If you use more energy than you consume your body will utilize fat stores to make up the difference. While it might always be obvious there is always a reason. Don't give up ... you'll get there.

Also I notice you're not lifting heavy weights. Best thing you can do for fat loss in my opinion. Something to consider.

My cheat days are boring and don't happen often and I don't go over my calories my last one I had broiled mahi mahi and a salad from a restaurant.

I drink 50-80 oz of water a day sometimes more but really I noticed I haven't peed as much lately so it could be water retention.

And I haven't been doing weights cause I decided to get out of the gym and try running out doors and doing shred I was feeling bored with the gym, and for other reasons going on.

Oh I had my thyroid checked earlier this year and when I had my physical 2 months ago she checked my glands and all that in that area and no issues so I hope all is good In that area
Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #14  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

sometimes things just STALL. its the worst, definitely. i was stuck around 171 for over 6 weeks, and i was doing everything right. sometimes your body just gets stubborn on you. your nutrition numbers look good to me (a lot better than mine!) just keep at it.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #15  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

If weight lifting was getting boring than you were doing it wrong. Cardio in a gym is boring ... no argument there. Check out NROL 4 women.

[EDIT] - For the workout program not the diet section

Last edited by JohnP; 09-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote