UK Fat Chicks - Are Wieght Watchers pasta dishes good?

sofialady
09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm 5'8.. 150lbs. I want to get down to 125 or so. I'm planning on cutting out all junk food/fizzy pop etc. Because i'm not a very good cook (for now)..I'm trying to find store bought meals that'll fill me for now while also allowing me to keep the calories down. I'm planning on 30mins on the cross trainer each day too.

Are these WW pasta dishes any good? Considering people say pasta is a big no-no for a dieter..:?:

AmyAmy
09-06-2012, 09:08 PM
I've lost nearly 15 pounds so far and I've been eating pasta (and a lot of gnocchi). Just check the calories.

bargoo
09-06-2012, 09:17 PM
I eat pasta all the time, count the calories of everything you eat.

Porthardygurl
09-06-2012, 09:24 PM
the weight watchers pasta in the frozen foods section is..mediocre at best. It tastes sub-par and the serving size is..decent...I dont eat them cause i dont get full from them.

TripSwitch
09-07-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm not a fan of the WW frozen entree's here in the U.S. not sure how they are in the UK though... I'll eat a lean cuisine in a pinch... but I usually stick with Amy's because I think they tend to be a bit "healthier" I always try to dress them up a little bit to make them taste better and make them a bit more filling... It works for me, when my time is limited... Good luck, and I hope you find some that work for you...

swissy
09-13-2012, 04:55 AM
It's not the best of the best but you have cut out junk so that is a massive step, and hard work keeping it up. I have been there once you cut out the junky foods it can be challanging to make good choices.

at least that pasta meal offers you portion control, brown pasta is better you could make it at home without all the salt and just throw in some chicken, peppers and pesto or a bit half the sauce but.. I find when you buy big packs of pasta and big jars of sauces/blocks of cheese to make things yourself at the start of a lifestyle changeover you can end up over eating.

If you like the meal eat it! Over time you can find a healthier meal don't worry you're doing great!

(you could make your own frozen meals at home, another option :)

jellybelly43
03-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Hi, this is off topic but does anybody have the old winning point plan books for sale please?