100 lb. Club - ReGainers ReLosing September ~ Get it off again!

patchworkpenguin
09-04-2012, 12:23 AM
This is a thread for support and encouragement for all of us who find we have regained some of the weight we worked so hard to lose the first time.

We did it once we can do it again! :dance:

patchworkpenguin
09-04-2012, 12:23 AM
This wasn't one of my best days. I ate more than I intended mostly because its TOM and I felt tired and grumpy.

Mon Sept 3
Breakfast Latte
Chickfila 8 nuggets, fries, ketchup, honey mustard sauce
2 choc macaroons
Dixie Cafe's 1.5 Lemon pepper grilled catfish, 2 hush puppies, corn, roll w/ honey
8? macaroons

Hubby is very allergic to seafood so the only fish we can eat is catfish, which we both enjoy. Dixie sells a catfish feast of 3 fillets, hush puppies and 2 sides of our choice, so we usually split this.

No workout today but we did a lot of walking around window shopping. We found a dresser at Big Lots that we plan on buying for me, and a rug at Garden Ridge for beside the bed {we have hardwoods}. While at Garden Ridge I found Biggest Loser and JM workout dvds for $6 some of the newer titles.

mahtha
09-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone :wave: Penguin, thanks for starting a new thread. They sure have been moving quickly lately!

I cleaned like a demon all weekend and got almost everything on my list finished. Tonight I'll pick up groceries on my way home from work then vacuum the basement and I'm done! With the craziness of getting the kids ready to go back to college over the last month or so I haven't done a really deep clean so it was really overdue. Nice to have the checked off the to-do list!

Food choices have been good and I've been serving myself dinner then putting the rest away and doing the dishes before I sit down to eat. Taking away the temptation to pick at leftovers really seems to be helping keep portions in check. I am finding it hard to keep up the motivation to cook for one, but I'm not going to eat junk for dinner because it's "easier".

I hope everyone has a great, OP day!

LoseToAll
09-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Mahtha You should cook for the week, then should pull it out. Awesome idea on putting food away after serving up. I wish I could do that with Sunday family dinner. I just pick and pick and always eat too much.

Oh did I fall off the wagon. I am embarrassed to admit how much. Pizza, whopper, cheesecake, cookies, you name it. I have eaten like I used to, like when I was at my heaviest and I didn't even feel full. The guilt was there but I Just got in mind that I had messed up already what did it matter. Not the healthy way to think. Does anyone else do this?

I am back on it today and not a good start. Had cookies already today, finished them in fact. I am a mess. I was doing so good now I am lost.

Went shopping yesterday and bought lots of fresh fruit. I am going to eat that today to make up for finishing the cookies from this morning. It seems like a new start every day lately. Wish me luck on getting back on track. Have a great day. Funky

thistoo
09-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Funky, I have done that many, many times. Too many to count, which is a large part of the reason I regained so much. The important thing is that you know you're doing it, and you can put a stop to it and get back on track. It's harder once you've got the sugar and carbs in your system, but you can draw the line and minimize the damage.

I saw my internist this morning and of course burst into tears in her office. So embarrassing. She's very cool, though, so it was okay. She gave me a 30-day sample of a new antidepressant to try which isn't supposed to make me gain weight, so we'll see. I will await the results of my iron test now, and tomorrow I get my CT scan results. I feel really old!

Through this whole mess I have managed not to stress-eat at all, though, so at least that's something. At the moment my diet feels like the only thing I *can* control. I'm on day 8 of my Whole 30 and it's going okay. Harder today since TOM has arrived right on schedule, but I'll be fine in a few days.

mountain mama
09-04-2012, 02:42 PM
thistooway to go on the no stress eating! You are going through a lot right now and staying strong... I like.. stub my toe and figure that's agood reason to stress eat. Things will get better ! Have you tried many natural antidepressants? even to go along with the prescription ones?

Im doing good this week. Have a lot of stress with the sick puppy. We have to give her pills every few hours and they arn't sure if she will make it. it breaks my heart... she def has parvo.. and there's not a high percentage of surviving it. so far so good though. She's at least not getting worse as of now.

I must end this post on a good note! Im down 3 pounds since my friday night splurge... and must remind myself to stop with the once a week gorging! it doesn't work for me! hehe Anyway..... have a great day everyone :)

patchworkpenguin
09-04-2012, 08:03 PM
I did 30min of HIIT then 35min of weights: Chest and Back.

patchworkpenguin
09-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Overall a pretty good day

Tues, Sept 4

2 c milk, aprin {woke up with a headache}

4 slices chicken lunchmeat, 1 cheese, sweet chili sauce, leftover roll from Dixie Cafe, apple

HUGE serving of homemade lasagna {onion, green/red peppers, zuc, carrots, tomato, spinach, cottage cheese, mozzarella, romano, egg noodles, tomato sauce, herbs, tomato sauce and sausage} + 1/2 roll from Dixie

8 Danish Wedding cookies

30min HIIT cardio, 35min weights Chest and Back

MM, congrats on the 3 lbs. Hope puppy is better.

Caroline, hope the new meds help

Funky, Uh, Yes. I do that too :D "what does it matter?" is my personal phrase. Put the past behind you and start fresh as soon as you can. I've actually enjoyed eating apples as a snack recently. I found some called Envy from New Z which are really good.

Sue, good job on your cleaning. I'm trying to be neater, and be a better, more organized person.

Jessica88
09-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Didn't do very well over the weekend, not horrible, but not what I should have been eating... I started eating better again today and got back on track and even tried the new turbo kick class at my gym...
Hopefully this will be a better week, but I have been in a really weird/sad mood lately!

salsa chip
09-05-2012, 10:56 AM
I want to go to the gym this evening, but I'm scared. Of, of all things, the fact that my street is over-populated with gyppy kids around this time :(

SmallSteps
09-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Between major stress and pending TOM I am slowly inching back up. I have regained 6 pounds since July 23. I am beyond frustrated with life in general I feel like I have no control over anything at this time.

salsa chip
09-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Between major stress and pending TOM I am slowly inching back up. I have regained 6 pounds since July 23. I am beyond frustrated with life in general I feel like I have no control over anything at this time.

:hug:

If you're comfortable sharing, what's your stress about? Perhaps the collective wisdom of the 100lb-club can help you.

It really sounds like you're having a tough time. I hope you can keep going.

calluna
09-05-2012, 11:39 AM
another :hug: for smallsteps...

I had a pretty off-plan holiday, but I don't think I did any permanent damage. Did a LOT of cleaning that needed to be done around the house, NO workouts (ack!), and had some good family time.

Last night master's swimming started up again, so I am going to be happier for a coach flogging me around the pool - I swim much better that way, and maybe this year I'll learn butterfly. :)

LoseToAll
09-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Thistoo. Hope CT comes out. Stress eating is terrible. It always seems an excuse for me and that I am out of control. That makes more stress. What is the name of this new medication? I am interested. I hope it works fast.

Mountain mama I hope the puppy is doing better. I know what a killer it is to lose a pet. Especially one so young. My mother in law said that you can not get another one for some years because the virus stays in the house. Is that true?

I stayed on the fruit kick all day yesterday trying to cut the calories of the cookies from yesterday. Hope to get back on track. Have a great OP day. Funky

thistoo
09-05-2012, 12:42 PM
ThistooWhat is the name of this new medication?

I'm on Viibryd, which is a dumb name for Vilazodone HCl. It's a member of the SSRI class, but it's not a reformulating of any of the old drugs. Allegedly this one's new and has fewer of the annoying side effects of SSRIs. Time will tell.

I saw my surgeon this morning and the news wasn't great. Apparently there's some blockage going still and he wants to do a sinuplasty and straighten my deviation at the same time. So I'll be having surgery at the end of October (I pushed it out a little so I can save up some more vacation time.)

If I don't do it I'm just going to keep getting severe nosebleeds, though, so I'd just as soon get it over with. I can live with never going through this mess again. Another plus to getting it over with is that I can stop talking about my sinuses all the time! ;)

Calluna, your swimming program sounds great! I lost my first 30 pounds swimming and I miss it. I'm not that good at it, but it was a great workout when I had access to a pool.

Jessica, I can sympathize. I've been feeling pretty down lately too. I hope you figure out a way to get past it soon. Exercise certainly helps, but making ourselves do it when we don't feel like it is the trick. Good for you for trying a new class.

mountain mama
09-05-2012, 02:00 PM
losetoallyeah, the virus will stay on the yard and whatnot for years apparently. You can place cement and hard surfaces but everywhere else will still carry it. She is currently drinking pedialite and acting a bit more lively. i don't want to get my hopes up because i know there's a small chance of survival... but she's a trooper. We saved her from death when she was first born as well.

thistoosorry about the not so exciting results of your tests. Hopefully after this next surgery, things will get better for you! big hugs@

SmallSteps
09-05-2012, 02:29 PM
:hug:

If you're comfortable sharing, what's your stress about? Perhaps the collective wisdom of the 100lb-club can help you.

It really sounds like you're having a tough time. I hope you can keep going.

Salsa I am in the process of a separation/divorce. My husband is currently living in the den in our home while he gets packed and saves enough money to get out and get his own place.

The stress of dealing with him on a daily basis, and him being in denial and trying to "fix" our relationship has sent me over the edge. I am a stress, comfort eater. I eat when I am stressed out and I eat for comfort so needless to say I have been shoveling so much food in my face the past 6 weeks it is scary!

I have lost total control, I want to stop but I can't stop. It is an extremely scary place in my mind and world these days :(

Jessica88
09-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks thistoo :hug: hopefully everything will blow away for both of us pretty soon :)

I am super sore from my class last night, but I love it! Can't wait to go to the gym again tonight and relieve some stress!:strong:

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-05-2012, 05:11 PM
LADIES ~ here's a TIP: for all of us who play that mind game with ourselves saying, "What does it matter?" You need to start answering that with a resounding -- "IT DOES MATTER -- and it matters a lot!"

It matters becuz 1) eating 500 over is better than eating 1500 over. 2) you will rebound sooner. 3) YOU matter. 4) your health matters. 5) your success matters.

This is the strategy I used for those self-sabotaging thoughts. Now, it takes practice but after awhile, you will answer yourself back automatically. Meanwhile, keep going; and now you are prepared ahead of time ... :hug:

MM ~ sorry about your puppy; hope she gets better ...:hug:

CAROLINE ~ yes, maybe it is better to get it all fixed up now.

Smallsteps ~ I am sorry to hear you & your DH are going through this; no doubt, this is painful for both of you. Have you considered counselling since your DH seems to want to work things out? Is control an issue in your marriage too? Maybe a counsellor could get through to your DH about that for you. There's nothing worse than feeling like you are a bird in a guilded cage with no say about your life. I've been there; and we worked it out. Let's just say this birdie flew the coupe, so2speak! Actually, I just threatened to unless some major changes took place immediately. Funny, how marriage can unwittingly turn into a trap like that. I opened the door, got out of the cage, and now fly free however & whenever I need to, like it should be (it was that way in the beginning). I took back control of my life, and saved the marriage at the same time; it can be done if both partners work at it.

STRESS ~ we all have stress of some kind in our lives; and there are many ways we can help that without turning to food. We have to stop making excuses and giving ourselves permission to eat for the wrong reasons. As soon as you find yourself heading to the kitchen, do an about face and go somewhere else -- anywhere else. If you have to, put a sign message on your fridge or cubby like -- "Are you really hungry?" I have a magnet on my fridge that says, "I went on a diet for a month and lost 30 days!" Humor can work wonders ... :D

Try coming on here; or go outdoors for a walk; or read a book; or do some "fun" exercise that you like, etc. Make yourself a little haven in a spare room or basement where you put your PC and some music, etc. Somewhere quiet that you can get away to by yourself.

As for exercise, try many things until you find 1 or 2 things that you either love, like, or at least, don't hate -- you are more apt to do it more often that way. If shoes are your issue, put them on as soon as you get up in the AM. Find strategies to get around the excuses. Understand ladies, that I don't mean to sound harsh at all -- I'm just being honest, becuz I am sharing how I dealt with myself on all of these very same issues. I find it fascinating just how alike we are in these matters ... :hug:

SmallSteps
09-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Smallsteps ~ I am sorry to hear you & your DH are going through this; no doubt, this is painful for both of you. Have you considered counselling since your DH seems to want to work things out?

I have no desire to work it out or fix it. I want to move forward and get on with my life and he wants to try to pull me back in and make me feel guilty because I no longer love him.

I get a little stronger everyday but some days like today I feel like just sitting in a ball crying (DAMN PENDING TOM!!!)

thistoo
09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
[B]If you have to, put a sign message on your fridge or cubby like -- "Are you really hungry?" I have a magnet on my fridge that says, "I went on a diet for a month and lost 30 days!" Humor can work wonders ... :D

I have pictures of myself at a lower weight on my fridge, but my weight in the pictures isn't the important thing for me. In those particular pictures I look *happy*, so I keep them there to remind myself of how good it felt to feel good about myself. Just another tactic to help battle stress eating. :)

It sounds like we're all going through some pretty stressful stuff right now. I think a big :grouphug: is in order! Things will turn around for all of us soon. I have to say that I feel better already just for having taken some action toward getting my head back on straight.

SmallSteps
09-05-2012, 06:46 PM
It sounds like we're all going through some pretty stressful stuff right now. I think a big :grouphug: is in order! Things will turn around for all of us soon. I have to say that I feel better already just for having taken some action toward getting my head back on straight.

:grouphug: :grouphug: I think we need lots of theses :grouphug: :grouphug:

patchworkpenguin
09-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Good day

Wed Sept 5

Breakfast Latte

pecan bar + 3 choc chip cookes, 1/2 slice braunschweiger, miracle whip, 1 slice homemade onion bread, 1/2 apple

2 bean, veggie, chesse tacos, 2 ices coffee, 2 more cookies

1/2 apple + PB

37min cardio + 34min weights: shoulders, calves, core

Smallsteps. sorry to hear about the marriage and added stress.

I am so tired and so happy its bedtime!

salsa chip
09-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Well yesterday I didn't get to the gym, but realised I was feeling knackered. So I took some herbal sleepy stuff, went to bed ridiculously early, and woke up all refreshed a healthy number of hours later...at 3:30am :D

So today I've had a nice early start, complete with a decent breakfast - Eating Well [x]

I've also made my lunch for today (long day at work), together with two juicy plums for breaktime.

This evening I'm going bellydancing! :belly:

For anyone who remembers: last school year my job was really stressful. Now I'm in a new job, which so far (SO FAR hehe, I don't want to speak too soon) is going better. It makes so much difference to the stress levels and being aware of the necessity of looking after yourself!

Muggles
09-06-2012, 07:26 AM
The weight loss is going much slower this time but at least it is still dropping. One of my friends is exercising with me a couple days each week. I just need to find motivation to work out on the days she can't!

But why, every time the weight starts to drop do I get bronchitis???? It stinks to have to rest when I need to be exercising!!!

mahtha
09-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Good morning everyone :wave:

:hug: SmallSteps :hug: You're in an incredibly painful place right now, kudos for even trying to stay OP. Is there an end in sight for co-habitating? Having done that for about 6 months it's a stressor I don't wish on anyone. That said, life on the other side is amazing. I wish you strength on your journey.

Caroline, I'm sorry to hear you need surgery after all, but looking forward to your posts about being pain free and being able to exercise as you please.

Salsa, Muggles, Penguin, Rosebud, Jessica, Mountain Mama, CONGRATULATIONS for all the great OP days and especially the exercise! I'm still plugging along and and have finally lost the vacation weight plus a couple. I am finding it much easier to stay OP not having to take everyone else's dinner preferences into account when I cook. I have to wrap up a couple of projects and get back to walking at lunchtime. I really do miss it so I welcome the cooler weather that makes it so much more pleasant.

SmallSteps
09-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Smallsteps. sorry to hear about the marriage and added stress.

Thank you patchworkpenguin :hug:

SmallSteps
09-06-2012, 11:59 AM
:hug: SmallSteps :hug: You're in an incredibly painful place right now, kudos for even trying to stay OP. Is there an end in sight for co-habitating? Having done that for about 6 months it's a stressor I don't wish on anyone. That said, life on the other side is amazing. I wish you strength on your journey.

Thank you for the words of encouragement mahtha. The co-habitating is probably going to continue until at least the end of November I am hoping for sooner but he doesn't seem to be in a hurry and seems to enjoy making me uncomfortable.

Life on the other side is and will be amazing. I am looking forward to being able to get it started.

LoseToAll
09-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Thistoo. I am excited about your surgery. Finally your problem will be fixed. You are amazing to plan ahead for the vacation time and the money. You would not want another ER bill. You are really amazing I would not had the patience to wait especially since it has slowed down the progress of your life. You are amazing to be so patient. I would have given up and forced the movement to the surgery. I am so impatient to be proactive not alway to beat trait.

Small steps. I know you are in a terrible place but you can do this!!! Be more focuses on yourself. You can control the eating and exercise and you can avoid him with it. Maybe you could be looking for an apt for him. Get it in the works. Just a thought onthis to get rid of his denial. Giving him money to get out is out of the question? It would be in my type of finances. You can do this just until Nov. that is all and we ahearers for you.

I have realized that alot of my eating is anxiety driven. I took some anxiety medicine and it has helped today. I should do it every day but I do not want to be hooked on it as a crutch. And the Dr warned me of it but I am in such a binge fest right now I have to stop the downward spiral. Once I get under control I will go off again.

Salsa. What did you do at 3:30 in the morning. Did you get up and clean or something? Congrats on the healthy food choices and the weight loss. You are a trooper. Hope those lunchtime walks are going good.

Well hope all is well. Have a great OP day. Funky

Matilda08
09-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Hello group just wanted to jump in a say a quick hello. No time to really chat today I have classes and between that kids and work I have been sooo tired. I have been on plan though and I had a good week so far. I havent WI in a couple of days but plan to later today.

mountain mama
09-06-2012, 02:46 PM
hey all! just a quick check in and a huge hug for all of those going through some stuff right now.
more tonight!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by thistoo ... It sounds like we're all going through some pretty stressful stuff right now. I think a big :grouphug: is in order! Things will turn around for all of us soon. I have to say that I feel better already just for having taken some action toward getting my head back on straight.

YES, it is so true that we are or have been under a tremendous amount of STRESS -- you can hear it all through this thread. Sometimes, big & little changes need to be made in our lives; and new strategies to deal with the stress we face each day are also helpful. Of course, the support here is so very important too; more than you know! Thanks, ladies!

MATILDA ~ wow, busy life; you're doing great!

FUNKY ~ sometimes, temporary measures are helpful!

SMALLSTEPS ~ you are in a difficult & stressful situation at present; keep coming here for support -- you will come through this stronger, I'm sure ... :hug:

Caroline ~ those happy pics are a great idea too!

SUE ~ sounds like you are on a roll right now; yeah!

MUGGLES ~ sorry to hear you're sick again; could a multi-vitamin and/or Vitamin C (250 mg) help any?

SALSA ~ glad you like your new job; and have fun with the belly dancing ... :)

My day started out well -- but it was just too perfect, so some stress just had to come my way (somebody's grumpy today; not me). Now, while I did get a bit upset for a few minutes; I walked away and I did not eat anything. That's a victory ... :carrot:

Plus I have to get some receipts copied for our version of th IRS/RC -- they want proof of some my figures; gee, I could have sent them right at the start if you'd only told me you wanted them ... arrgh!!! I found them all, no problem; Oh GOD, thank you for the gift of organization -- I didn't even get upset ... yeah! No stress eating today!!! I'm getting better at this. I'm sure it's all a test -- gotta test out these strategies once or twice every day at least ... ;)

Keep chugging ladies -- hope you all have a POP day today! :flow2:

thistoo
09-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Funky, I don't think my surgeon was thrilled with the idea of me waiting, but I know the risks, and it's really for the best. Plus I need to pay off my other medical bills before I have to start worrying about more!

I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights (I'm guessing from the new meds I'm on) and I am exhausted today. I'm going to drag myself over to my sister's house to lift weights anyway, but I have a feeling it's not going to be a great workout. I'll do what I can.

Rosebud, glad you were able to work through the stressful moments today. Finding coping strategies that don't involve food is the challenge for all of us, of course.

calluna
09-07-2012, 11:29 AM
good morning! :hug: for all the stressed in the thread.

#2 son is sick and staying home today. arrrgh.... I sure hope I don't get it.

I am on track after a mostly off-track Labor Day weekend. Not a disaster kind of off-track...just not eating/exercising well. Hurray for that - and TOM finally showed up, so perhaps I'll see a loss in the next week. If I have one serious weakness that I don't know how to fix, it is that when TOM is about a week out I want to eat everything in sight. Protein and sugar most of all.

Had a good swim last night and looking for a good run and/or ride today, depending on what the weather does. It has been very stormy and windy this week.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Finding coping strategies that don't involve food is the challenge for all of us, of course.

CAROLINE ~ I did fight it through and still stayed 125 calories under for the day -- yeah! And, Mr. Grumpy apologized; plus, said that he is gonna try to work on that! :cheer2:

CALLUNA ~ even though I am in my menopause stage, I can still feel when my hormones are running amuck. I have hot flashes and also feel hungry all the time. So now, I plan ahead for that and eat my max daily cals on those days (1800); so far that is working well. My maintenance cals are 2000; and occasionally, I allow myself a flex day if I need to. Honestly, at my weight, I'm sure my maintenance/flex cals are low enuff that I can still lose on that too.

RE: HUNGER PANGS ~ I read a post by one of the guys in the men's corner that I thought I would share with you all. At one time (many years ago now), I had lost the hunger sensation for a while, but after I started watching my eating (meaning eating less), it came back. Now it is very clear; and I'm glad it is ... :)

This fella said that we should be glad that we feel the hunger pangs now becuz it shows us that we are not over-eating, so we shouldn't be afraid of feeling hungry sometimes, esp since we want this to be a long-term lifestyle change. He says many normal-weight people feel hunger all the time (and from what I have heard, they eat only when they feel hungry too).

I think he has a great point there. I like to tell myself that "A little hunger won't kill me!" -- esp when I want to push through to the next meal (when I've had my allotment for that snack time). While feeling a little bit hungry may feel a bit uncomfortable for a few minutes, it won't harm us.

Secondly, the fact that we can feel hunger again, helps us to not over-eat. Why? When you are numb, you don't know when to stop. You don't feel satiated or that almost full sensation, like you should. Thirdly, I find it helps me appreciate and enjoy what food I am eating all that much more. It tastes better too.

... and, on those rarer occasions when I feel a more "ravenous" hunger, that usually means that I am way under my calories for that day; almost without exception, so I eat something to remedy that. This strategy helps me a lot to stay on plan.

Just thought I'd share that with you all; have a wonderful day ... :D

patchworkpenguin
09-07-2012, 12:36 PM
We had a big lightening storm that knocked our power out last night. It came back on about time for Hubby to go to work, since Hubby didn't get much sleep so his boss let him stay home and sleep for a few more hours. At least all is back to normal and we didn't lose all the food in the new fridge due to the generator. I still feel exhausted.

LoseToAll
09-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Rosebud. I know you have lost over a hundred lbs. How much more do you want to lose? I do not know how you can lose with your calorie intake. I am at 1200. Are you exercising like crazy? I get hunger pains then my sugar drops and I binge. Small snacks helps but then I never have that full feeling like you say and I do not know where that leaves me.

I am working on getting my eating back on track and then start exercise. Maybe I am putting it off again but I feel so out of control that I feel like I have to really focus for a while. Besides exercise has never worked for me in the weight loss department. It seems like calorie control is what works (when I am OP). Exercise has always been a disappointment and depression causing because of the slow return for the workout. So I am really shy about exercise. Does anyone else feel this way? Or is this just my mental block? People swear by it but I have real trust issues. Am I sick in the head, am I mental?

Well hope you have a great OP day. Funky

thistoo
09-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Funky, exercise helps me feel better, and when I was doing it regularly, helped me tone up a lot too. I'm still lifting weights regularly, which I credit for a) not gaining back *all* my weight, and b) not being as big as I was the last time I weighed what I do right now.

But as for weight loss, it's pretty much all about diet for me. Right now I can't really work out hard the way I used to, because of my bleeding problem, but as long as I stick to my diet plan I can still drop pounds pretty regularly. (It's the sticking to it that's the challenge!)

As a result, I never really look at exercise as a weight loss tool. Mostly I use it as a way to tone up and feel better while I'm also working on weight loss, if that makes sense.

Having said all that, I have slid off the wagon a bit with my eating in the past couple days. I'm working on trying to get back on track now.

SmallSteps
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I somehow managed to loss a whole pound this week!! I am not sure how with TOM pending right around the corner, but I will take it!!

:grouphug: to everyone going through a hard time right now!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Are you exercising like crazy? I get hunger pains then my sugar drops and I binge. Small snacks helps but then I never have that full feeling like you say and I do not know where that leaves me.

In answer to your first question -- No! I exercise in small spurts throughout the day. Understand that I walk with 2 canes, so I'm not an athlete here. :lol: Like you, I have to watch my blood sugar levels; if I don't eat enuff or enuff grain carbs, my BSL's plummet too. To fix that, I have 3 meals plus 2-3 snacks a day, but I make them a carb + protein or a protein by itself and often, with a low-cal beverage of some kind.

I teaked & tweaked until I found snacks that satisfied me, and balanced my sugars too. I start with a protein ie. a slice of cheese/60 or 8 UNsalted nuts/50 cals + an apple (small one/50; med/75; large/100). My doctor was the one who suggested I start with an apple; I added the protein. If I am really low on my calories, I will have a slice of whole grain bread/tst with peanut butter or cheese (that may happen once a week). Other times, it might be baby carrots with pb; a boiled egg; or turkey pepperettes; baked or stewed fruit; and popcorn on the weekend, etc.

I know you have lost over a hundred lbs. How much more do you want to lose? I do not know how you can lose with your calorie intake.

I have no doubt that I started at a much higher weight than you; if you look to the left, you'll see that I was a size 30 -- in weight terms, I was in the 300's (my start weight was 381 lbs; and was probably higher becuz at first, no weight registered :rolleyes:, meaning I was over the top limit of that scale). Each time after that, when the nurse weighed me, I had lost 25 lbs, then 25 lbs, 20 lbs, and so on ... boy, I was elated.

Sooo, I still have a ways to go yet; and, I am cycling my calories between 1500-1800 a day which is working well for me, and may be considered low for my present weight according to some calculators. However, I am doing what I know works for me. I try not to go below 1500 but some days I have to add stuff to get it over, but on other days, I have no problem depending on what I'm eating. I tried eating less, but then I stopped losing weight, and I was way too hungry; so I went back up to 1500-1800 cals a day and I have been losing ever since.

Everything is relative, isn't it? I'm a bit concerned that you are only eating 1200 cals a day; but then, it depends on what you weigh and how active you are. Eating too low doesn't leave you much lee-way. I think that some people here struggle & binge becuz they are eating too low; and they just don't realize it. Of course, I know that everyone must find out what works for them and stick with that, but they may have to experiment a little first. :D

Exercise has always been a disappointment and depression causing because of the slow return for the workout.

Like I said earlier, I don't work out like crazy; it is minimal at best. :lol: I start the day off with toning exercises in bed as soon as I awake. Then I get up and start my day with my morning housechores (that's my AM exercise); then I go outside and do some yard work; in the AM or afternoon, I go out and take a short walk. I walk a lot indoors too. Plus 3 days a week I do hand-weights; they are easy and fun. In the evening, I do chair aerobics or dancing; and a few more toning exercises (esp for my abs becuz that is a problem area for me). We have a very long house, so I walk back and forth dozens of times a day.

When I'm on my PC, I get up every so many minutes (in between reading and posts) and go for another short walk around here. Sometimes, in the evening, I may go for another short walk outdoors (I did last night). I used to do more -- walk on a track, plus through department/grocery stores 3 times a week, but now that may only be once a week or less as we don't have a car now, so I do more at home.

Funny thing is -- that I am doing less exercise overall, but am losing more weight/fat than before. I think that was becuz I was eating too low and my body was holding it a bit (oh, and a lot of water-weight too). Also, I think that maybe the several short spurts is working out better for my body than one long session, if you catch my drift. It seems that way; and collectively, this is how I broke through my stalls & plateaus ... :)

Caroline ~ I agree with your post there; I mostly do stuff for flexibility, stamina, and toning, and I do feel much better for it.

ubergirl
09-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi everybody, ubergirl here. I know some of you, and there are some faces new to me. My story, in a nutshell, is this: I lost 105 pounds and went from being a couch potato to a runner. I kept most of it off for almost two years, struggling but maintaining for a good long while, until the end of 2011, and then suddenly, I just LOST it. About 9 or ten months ago, I started a serious binge lifestyle.

There is some good news: I am still 30 lbs less than I was when I started, which is a 10% loss and I've maintained that for 3 years. I am MUCH fitter than I was when I started this journey. I couldn't maintain a jog for more than 30 seconds, couldn't climb stairs or walk up steep hills, and that is no longer true.

In part, I know why I gained it back. When I lost the weight I was generally happy, and most importantly, had plenty of time to prioritize myself. But when I started taking on more and more responsibilities in my life, I didn't have the coping skills and went back to my old way-- stress/binge eating.

Thankfully, I'm now in a much better place.

So, I'm ready to work it again.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out the best approach to use this time. During the time I was losing the weight, I didn't find it that difficult. But since then, I've had trouble going back on my plan and maintaining it for more than about 10 days. I believe in my heart that I'm going to have to find a more flexible way-- one that incorporates the occasional treat or normal food in a healthy serving size. It's easier for me to cut out entire categories of food (primarily white foods, baked goods, and sugar) and to subsist mostly on lean proteins, veggies, and some fruit. It works great, and I know it's healthy, but when I go off, I tend to really binge on all the stuff I was passing up. I'm not sure why, but now, whenever I try to jump back on the bandwagon, I immediately get back into the more extreme mode... thinking about cutting calories very low, wanting to skip meals... enjoying it when I get kind of lightheaded from hunger... yes, there were times on my first weight loss journey when I basically thought "less is more" especially toward the end, when I was trying to get below the spot where my body had stalled out.

I am hopeful that now that I'm in a pretty good place in my life I'll be able to refocus on weight loss, without becoming quite as compulsive as I was before.

Sorry for the long ramble, but I'm looking forward to participating in this thread. In the meantime, I'm looking into ways to manage my stress better, and to just accept the fact that I simply can't function if I take on too many things and I am going to have to accept that I have limits beyond which I can't be healthy.

patchworkpenguin
09-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Uber, nice to see you back. For me if I tell myself I can't have something I just want it more, and I can be good for a while, then I just go nuts. To totally deny myself takes a lot of willpower, prehaps more willpower than just having a 'treat' a day. Cutting back after binge is difficult, espcially if you have to go through the whole process again and again. :dizzy:

thistoo
09-08-2012, 09:00 AM
During the time I was losing the weight, I didn't find it that difficult. But since then, I've had trouble going back on my plan and maintaining it for more than about 10 days.

It's so much HARDER the second time around! I can't figure out why that is, so I'm trying not to dwell on it. Like yourself, I've had to really restrict and then if I backslide at ALL it's a one-way ticket to Bingetown, which is scary and also really counterproductive.

As long as we keep on trying we haven't failed, so it's great to see you back here. I haven't made much progress since the last time you stopped by, but I'm still plugging away. We'll get there again! The alternative, as far as I'm concerned, is unacceptable. I have an entire closet full of super cute jackets that don't fit me and I refuse to give them up, so I don't have a choice.

Anyway, welcome back. I'm glad things are settling down for you.

Confession time: I ate two donuts yesterday. Two! I let TOM derail me and now I have to detox all over again. So it's Day One of the Whole 30 again for me. I made it a week this last time. Maybe not starting right at the beginning of TOM will make it easier this time, but I can't keep blaming hormones for my lack of self-control.

LoseToAll
09-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Ubergirl. Your story touched me. Was the responsibility increase all work related? What did you do to cut back? How are you in a better place?

It is harder I think because we are doing the SAME thing over. You need a new thing like new exercise tape or a new food organization or a new reporting tool or a new treat. Something to make it different. I have a new calorie App that has made a big difference. Maybe you can do something like that.

Thistoo. Sorry about the 30 start over. What made the donuts irresistible? Were they really good? What kind were they?

I am work on getting my eating under control. I did good yesterday. I still went over calories but with fruit. I was starving before I went to bed and had a banana and milk to help me sleep. I thought good choice. Well I have another weekend and that is where I get into trouble. My sons birthday is on Sunday and there will be cake and I am planning on a piece but no ice cream. I figure that is a better choice by cutting out some of the calories. Now if I can just stick to the calories to save up for it.

Well have a great day. Good luck on the plan. Funky

thistoo
09-08-2012, 10:02 AM
What made the donuts irresistible? Were they really good?

Part of the problem is that donuts are like my kryptonite. They're the one sweet food I have the hardest time resisting, and my boss brings two dozen every month for our staff meeting. I have resisted many, many times in the past, but yesterday I was just really hungry. Like, actual physical pain hunger, not just 'rumbly tummy' hunger. Donuts were still a terrible choice, but I hadn't prepared with enough on-plan food so I gave in to temptation.

The second one was just because I'd started the carb/sugar rollercoaster with the first one, which meant I was STARVING for the rest of the day.

I know better. I'm back on track today and there will be no temptations around me for the weekend, so it's okay. I'm just annoyed with myself for giving in when I already had a week of Whole 30 under my belt. I was a quarter of the way to the finish line! Though clearly I'm going to have to go longer than 30 days if I want to get this weight back off, because nothing else seems to work.

PS: And yes, they really were that good. :sigh:

patchworkpenguin
09-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Maybe not starting right at the beginning of TOM will make it easier this time, but I can't keep blaming hormones for my lack of self-control.

I found I've been blaming hormones also. TOM comes and its always a good reason to eat whatever I want . :o :dizzy:

thistoo
09-08-2012, 12:33 PM
TOM comes and its always a good reason to eat whatever I want . :o :dizzy:

Right?! I always tell myself 'well, I'm not getting on the scale anyway, so I can eat this and it won't count!' Not the way it works, sadly.

ubergirl
09-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Caroline and Penguin So nice to see you both again!

Funky Yes, mostly work-related. I am self-employed and also work outside the home. I also moved and changed jobs shortly after I lost all the weight, and then bam, bam, a couple of major family crises in a row. Four kids, lots of expenses due to kids in college, so I didn't feel as if I could cut back on anything. But such a toxic situation for me personally that I gained back close to 70 lbs in under six months. Fortunately, all of the hard work was worth it as I've been able to cut back on work hours and create a more flexible schedule, and for the first time in two years, I feel like my life is back on an even keel. Honestly, I couldn't have picked a WORSE time to bring so much upheaval into my life. I think if I had not moved, changed jobs, changed schedules, etc. I had an excellent shot at maintaining. My plan is to lose the weight again, but not try to get quite as low as I did last time. If I can just get back in the groove, I really think it will work for me this time.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-08-2012, 02:33 PM
:welcome: Back, UBERGIRL ~ So glad to have you rejoin us, esp since you were the one who started these REGAINER'S RELOSING threads in the first place. We all have stress in our lives; and it is imperative that we find ways to lessen it & manage it better, so we can take better care of ourselves too.

I think FLEXIBILITY is so very important in this WL journey; it is a key strategy that can help us in so many ways, esp for the long-term. Flexibility in what we eat and how we live; plus in how we deal with stress and our emotions too.

I was thinking that I may share with you all what I eat each day so that you can see how flexible I am with what I eat. I really believe this is why am able to stick to my plan so well, and for so long. I have been at this "last" long-term journey since the winter of 2004-2005; I discoverd this site late 2006 & joined January 2007, so that I could find out how to maintain my loss up until that time, find some support, and also continue on.

At first, I just floated; meaning, I didn't lose anything, but slowly as I developed techniques and strategies to deal with stress & emotions, and tweaked my plan -- I started to lose again. At first, I kept bouncing around with the same 12 lbs of water-weight, but that finally left. As you can see, this has taken awhile, but it is also the longest I have kept the weight off too.

DH & I were talking about this at lunch. I can see myself eating & living this way for the rest of my life for sure. I enjoy what I'm eating and only do what exercise/activities that I enjoy too. This is so important ladies ... :)

Today's Planned Menu ... / means done

BF -- medium wg bagel/PB + coffee = 400 /
MS -- medium banana + coffee = 110 /
LN -- tstd tuna-tomato sandwich + 3 celery/chz boats = 400 /
AS -- small apple + 8 UNsalted almonds + coffee = 110 /
BD -- chocolate popsicle = 60 /
DN -- baked sole + 5 tators + coleslaw = 495* /
ES -- drink = 10 /
TTL -- 1585 calories /

NOTE: *I went back to my original menu of fish for Saturday nights. My menu is flexible that way: I often switch up chicken or fish meals.

FRIDAY's Menu ... /
BF -- eggmuffin/chz/k + 2coffees = 280
MS -- medium banana + coffee = 110
LN -- tstd tuna-tomato sandwich = 360
AS -- small apple + 8 UNsalted almonds = 100
DN -- 2 lean patties on split wg bun w/tomato/m/O/rel + NF chz/30 = 600
ES -- coffee + slice chz/60 = 70
TTL -- about 1520 cals /

slicedbreadbox
09-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Labor day weekend messed me up. I was doing so well up until then. I went home for the weekend and my mom had bought all of this really good bread. So I gave in. They live about 70 miles south of Napa, CA so we went up there to go wine tasting too.

After that weekend I was back up around 161! Yikes. But by Thursday I had flushed it out and was at 158.1. I'm happy about that.

Since Thursday I've been staying on plan pretty well. Last night I had a few glasses of wine though... I hope that doesn't hurt me too much. I'm going to try to do really well though this weekend. I want a good weigh in on Monday.

For me, it actually helps to set goals for myself for the month (like, how many days that month I'm aiming to stay under my cals, and how many workouts I want to do) and then to write those goals down on a piece of paper and track everything, every day. I use MyFitnessPal too but there's something about physically writing it down that makes me feel more accountable.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-08-2012, 02:56 PM
SLICEBREADBOX ~ I have a running file on my PC that I put my planned menus for the week; I agree, writing it down is so very helpful. Congrats on the loss too ... :cheer:

calluna
09-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi, uber!! Great to see you again. :)

ubergirl
09-08-2012, 05:28 PM
:welcome: Back, UBERGIRL ~ We all have stress in our lives; and it is imperative that we find ways to lessen it & manage it better, so we can take better care of ourselves too.

I think FLEXIBILITY is so very important in this WL journey; it is a key strategy that can help us in so many ways, esp for the long-term. Flexibility in what we eat and how we live; plus in how we deal with stress and our emotions too.

So true. One thing I learned the hard way is that I simply can't function at a certain level of busyness. If I want to live well, I'm going to have to make choices that allow me to do so.

mountain mama
09-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Hey all!

Been busy these past few days and havn't been able to sign in!

Anyway... I need to second everyone on here talking about flexibility on here! The first time i lost weight, i was over the stop and well crazy about it all. Obviously, that wouldn't work in the long run, and in real life...

The time around, the going is slower.. but i also have a life, take care of my child ( and Fiance... haha) and have a special bite to eat now and again, and dont beat myself up about it! I just do my best not to turn it into a downward spiral of gorging on everything in site when i step off plan for a moment. i have a LONG" way to go.. but this time, im focusing on finding balance :)

sassyangies
09-09-2012, 04:16 AM
Hey guys.. Had a rough few days. Weed wacked my ankle and hit the vein there and it was not pleasent. Didn't feel like doing anything for days because it hurt so bad. My poor son was the only one home when I did it. (He's only 4) I was so proud when he ran and got my cell phone and tried to call 911 to get me help. Back to normal now and feeling better. Hope everyone has been having a great weekend. I work Fri Sat and Sun so one more day for me and then Im off.. yay..

thistoo
09-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Angie, sorry about your ankle! That sounds painful. And your poor little boy, he must have been so scared! I'm glad you're doing better.

My weight is sloooowly creeping back down. Stupid TOM. Hopefully by Tuesday everything will be back to normal and I can actually start losing again.

patchworkpenguin
09-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Angie, Im impressed that the little guy knew to get your phone and try to call. Good for him, and to you for teaching him so well. Hope the ankle feels better and heals quickly.

sluggerbean
09-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Quick check-in then back to nursing school homework. Very busy with school, but I managed to stay on plan! I am finding that I really have to plan what I eat and when I exercise. It has paid off though as I am down to 225.2 this morning.

Have a great week everyone! :wave:

calluna
09-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Angie, hope the ankle gets better quickly.

I posted in another thread - the whole family is sick now, not just #2 son. I'm trying hard to keep it in my head and not allow it to get into my lungs, but we'll see what happens. #1 son and I are more active than the other two and neither of us has it quite as badly yet.

233 today.

mountain mama
09-09-2012, 12:49 PM
angie!So sorry about your ankle----but so proud of your son! I hope you recoup quickly!

calluna i understand all about being sick.. been fighting mine for a couple weeks now. My son and I both have it... and hopefully DF doesn't get it from us!

im doing ok this morning... kind of staying put weight wise over the weekend... happy i'm not going up at least! Back to the grind 'hardcore' tomorrow!!

healthyginger
09-09-2012, 02:21 PM
:) HI Y'all, I am so happy . At weighin yesterday I'm now at 247. Under 250 :D Not only now a 32 pd loss ( 4 this week) but this is a milestone for a relooser. I so remmember when 250 was my top range for a decade. At last I'm on my way past it AGAIN! THIS TIME FOR GOOD!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-09-2012, 05:26 PM
:congrat: GINGER ~ I love these milestones; one of mine was to get under 300, then lose 100 lbs (both of which I have reached); now I have to move on to more 10-25 lb increments until I'm in onederland (the next one being 250, like you just reached).

CALLUNA ~ hope you & your son are feeling much better soon ...

ANGIE ~ hope your ankle heals up quickly ...

I see a few of you are still going down, down, down; and that's in the right direction for sure. Congrats to all of you! Dinner's in the oven and it smells lovely in here right now.

TODAY'S MENU -- Sunday (/ means done)

BF -- egg + bacon + tst + coffee = 350 /
MS -- medium banana + coffee = 110 /
LN -- veggie pita pizza + tea = 360 /
AS -- small apple + 8 almonds + tea = 110 /
DN -- chicken & riblets + small new potatoes + veggies* = 400 /
ES -- baked apples + chz + coffee = 195 /
TTL -- 1525 /
*veggies were baby carrots + our own green beans

ubergirl
09-09-2012, 06:34 PM
GINGER ~ That's awesome! That was a big one for me first time around and I can't wait to get back there.

CALLUNA ~ feel better!

ANGIE ~ Yeowch! That must have hurt.

Had a fun afternoon out hiking with the family. I got WAY tireder than anyone else, and managed to trip over a root and fall down SMACK! But luckily not hurt. Kept telling myself that way back when, when I weighed 295, I wouldn't have even tried, but at this weight I do get tired easier than when I was at my trim weight....

Getting outside and being active reminds me why it's so important to get back there.

Pink Hurricane
09-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Well I definitely belong here, and I'm getting completely back in gear beginning in the morning! I had lost 80 lbs on my way to losing 100 and put back on 40lbs this last year. Definitely looking to lose the extra I gained plus the rest I had originally set my goal to. :) We can do this! :woohoo

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-10-2012, 10:44 AM
:welcome: PINK HURRICANE ~ glad you found us over here; and good for you for catching that regain so quickly ... :D

TODAY'S MENU -- Monday (/ means done)
BF -- eggmuffin/chz/k + coffee = 270 /
MS -- medium banana + coffees = 120 /
LN -- leftovers: riblets/np/veggies = 415 /
AS -- coffee; baked apple + popsicle = 195 /
DN -- HM Texas Chili (from freezer) = 475 /
ES -- chz = 60
TTL -- 1535 ?

Have a great OP day everyone ... :D

ubergirl
09-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I feel like I'm off to an awesome start. Down two pounds this morning, and when I logged my weight onto fit day, I realized that my BMI dropped below 40. Hooray! So, I'm no longer morbidly obese. It was a short stay there this time, but I was in the morbid obesity range for YEARS before 2009.

Bad news is that I sprained my ankle a little yesterday while jumping off a log on our hike. It's a bit stiff this morning. I think I'll go for a swim which should stretch it out a bit.

Hope you all are doing well.

patchworkpenguin
09-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Well, I thought I posted yesterday! We shopped and took the dog to the park for a walk since the weather has finally cooled off.

Today was my scheduled rest day but we did so much walking & shopping that my feet hurt, also my shins are sore from yesterdays walk. Nothing like being dragged up a hill by a dog who thinks she's a drafthorse.

uber, sorry about the ankle {not a good week for ankles!} congrats on the loss and the BMI

Pink, welcome glad to have you join us

Ginger, great weigh-in

Luna, hope you and the family are feeling better

Rosebud, we tried to grow green beans this year. We got one handful in the spring and then the heat got to them.

slicedbreadbox
09-11-2012, 03:19 AM
everyone is doing so great with the losses and the milestones!

i'm at 157.2 this morning. i was hoping for more but i just need to remind myself that it will come off, 1 lb at a time.

went to the gym tonight and got in 45min on the elliptical. i've been interested in spin classes for a while so i finally signed up for one. i've NEVER been on a spin bike and my first class is tomorrow so i'm a little nervous...but excited

mahtha
09-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave:

Back from a wonderful little getaway weekend with hubby and got to see my Mom who has been away for the past 3 months. Food choices were so-so but I did lots of walking. The weather seems to have switched from summer to fall overnight here, I'm really looking forward to sweaters and boots and cool nights under the fluffy comforter.

It's great to see so many new faces and so many old friends doing well. I'm having a hard time being really disciplined, but I am making much better choices than in the past and I'm not gaining. I really need to just buckle down and get back to walking daily. I hope everyone has a great, OP day!

patchworkpenguin
09-11-2012, 10:36 AM
I started the bread and laundry this morning. Today is Hubby's Bday, but he forgot to take the day off, so he's at work. {I think his work friends take him out to lunch;)}. I've got KCM's Plateau Buster workout planned for today.

LoseToAll
09-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Sunday was my son's b-day and the chocolate cake is getting in the way but today is a new day.
I have been fighting the same 3 lbs for a month. But I have been fighting my diet too so I deserve it. I was hoping to be 20 lbs lost by the end of the month but it does not seem to be happening.

Penguin Do you always make bread? Do you worry about the carbs?
I would never forget to take off for my birthday. I look forward to my birthday week I get anything I want. No dishes, out to eat, no house work it is great. I just ignore the number.

Mahtha. How great for the little get away I wish we could do that.

Breadbox. I have always wondered about spin classes and what you do in them. Good luck and share your experience please.

Well love to all. Have a great on plan day. Funky

calluna
09-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Hello, all,
Hope everyone is well. The sickness that my family had has caught up with me, and I'm at home coughing instead of at work. Or doing my workouts. :|

Hope it passes soon.

patchworkpenguin
09-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Payless Shoes is having a BOGO sale and they are one of the few places that sell my size {10.5-11} so I bought a pair of black loafers {which I really neded} and a pair of running sneakers with a waffle bottom. There's not much to them compared to my other sneakers but they are fun and support my foot well. Google Image Result for http://www.payless.com/images/490x490/125535_4_490x490.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=champion+octo+run&hl=en&biw=1106&bih=598&tbm=isch&tbnid=jL7iQEgFi_KsCM:&imgrefurl=http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp%3FproductId%3D70782&docid=sTTpsyEN6wyThM&imgurl=http://www.payless.com/images/490x490/125535_4_490x490.jpg&w=490&h=490&ei=z6tOUKSiIsSQ0QHil4HABw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=108&vpy=127&dur=10192&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=127&ty=106&sig=117499802550062024954&page=1&tbnh=124&tbnw=124&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:72) Mine are black. I wore them for todays workout and they aded to the balance work but at least I could blame the shoes for tipping over.

Funky, although I bake 3 loaves of bread once a week, I make it as healthy as I can {mostly whole wheat flour, replace oil with applesauce, etc}, and I don't actually eat a lot of it. I'm not a 'bread' person, I'm more of a 'sweets' person. We barely go through a 12 slice loaf in one week, so I'm always giving it away or freezing it. Once in a while I'll make cinnamon bread.

mountain mama
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
penguinI just got a bread maker at a yardsale this weekend. Im looking forward to trying it out. Ive never used one before, but can make pretty yummy rolls from scratch. It can't be more difficult.. can it? hahah My fiance goes through loads of bread.. 2 sandwiches for his lunch everyday-- im sure it will be a lot healthier and more natural to make it from scratch.. Hopefully i can find time for that!

callunaI have been coughing and hacking for 2 weeks now. Been home a couple days now since the little one is sick too. I hope you recoup quickly!!

A miracle happened this weekend. i cleaned the ENTIRE house! And i mean deep cleaned. Even shampooed the rugs. This doesn't occur often at my house and i feel so accomplished! hahaha amazing what a clean house can do for my moral! hehe

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-11-2012, 08:29 PM
PENGUIN ~ yes, you really gotta watch where you plant them and they need lots of water when they are flowering and first growing. I grew mine on the south and west sides. In hot areas, the west & east sides are best becuz they don't get fried so much (just enuff sun: about 6 hours a day).

MM ~ I found my carpet cleaner today, so I hope to be doing my bedroom rug tomorrow. We just have the one rug in this house; not too bad. Keep in mind, cleaning is great exercise and burns lotsa calories. :D

TODAY'S MENU -- Tuesday (/ means done)

EMS -- banana + coffee = 110 /
BF -- wg bagel w/chz + egg + coffee = 350 /
LS -- HM tea bread + coffee = 140 /
LLN -- 1 cup l/o chili + tea = 375 /
AS -- chz + popsicle = 150 /
DN -- 3 oz WP salmon; barley/rice mix + salad = 350 /
EES = chz; LATER: tbl PB = 135 /
TTL -- 1635 /

Was up really early today; hung out some laundry, then had a busy day doing important errands and picked up a few groceries; so got lots of walking in and my feet are a bit sore. Will retire early -- and am gonna do some reading tonight I think. Have a good one ladies ... :flow2:

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-12-2012, 02:13 PM
WOW, everyone's busy today. We had to go up town again as I forgot something. While I was at it had to pick up some vacuum cleaner belts as ours broke. We need that vacuum cleaner to work. Also picked up some extra stock up toiletries for the winter while we were at it.

TODAY'S MENU -- Wednesday (/ means done)
BF -- small banana + eggmuffin/chz/k + coffee = 345 /
LN -- grilled chz sandwich + coffee = 475 /
AS --tea bread + mocha coffee = 110 /
LAS -- small banana + coffee = 85 /
DN -- Tom/Hamb-patties + NP + stewed green beans* = 350 /
ES -- chz = 60 /
TTL -- 1425 /
* I stewed the last of our homegrown beans with a couple fresh tomatoes, onions, and shredded cabbage.

It's warmer here the last two days; thank goodness, we have a nice breeze though. Picked the last of my green beans today to have them for dinner. We got quite a few considering the small area we used. Have a great OP day everyone ... :D

slicedbreadbox
09-12-2012, 04:22 PM
patchwork can you share more information about the plateau buster you're going to do? this sounds interesting to me. i'm losing. but slowly. i'm worried that a plateau might come on soon. whenever i'm around this number i sort of stall.

losetoall the spin class was great! i'm so sore today. i think the spin studio i went to was a little different than most spin classes. it's basically spin class in a night club. the room is dark and the music is LOUD. but i liked it a lot. i wasn't so worried about how crazy i looked when i was doing it since it was dark :p the front desk girl told me too that in this class, you're holding yourself up more (compared to classes at 24hr fitness). you're pedaling against your body weight pretty much. i was worried i was going to have to sit down a lot during the class but i was able to hold my own for the whole 60 minutes. very proud of myself. everyone leaves DRENCHED. i'm going back on saturday :D

sorry that this is going to be a long post but i'm glad that everyone has been mentioning "splurging" on special occasions. today is my birthday and i've been worried for weeks about what i was going to do today. but i've decided to stay on plan all day (except for dinner). i don't plan to go too crazy but i will be indulging in carbs and sugar. and then getting back on track right away tomorrow.

i weighed in today and lost another 0.9lb. pretty happy about that. it's coming off slowly but surely. i'm just hopeful that i can maintain it for monday's weigh in.

hope everyone has a good, on plan day!

patchworkpenguin
09-12-2012, 04:58 PM
BreadBox, this is a link to the workout. I did one of the 45m premixes that mixes the 1st and 2nd workouts together {each workout is 30min including warmup and cooldown}. I liked it, Kelly puts new twists on the exercises to make it fun. She's very encouraging and cheerful without being chirpy. She also always has a modifier for the workouts. http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/30-Minutes-to-Fitness-Plateau-Buster-DVD-Kelly-C-p/512.htm Happy Birthday!

Rosebud, working vacuums are very important! :D

MM, hows the breadmaker? Good job on all the cleaning!

thistoo
09-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Gah, this week has been so hectic. I'm exhausted by the time I get home and I haven't made the time to check in. I still haven't gone back down to my pre-TOM weight, and now I'm wondering if maybe my new medication is the culprit. I've had a headache for three days thanks to the meds, and I know it can make losing weight harder for some people.

I suppose time will tell. Anyway, I'm glad to see some of you are having success. I will try to make more time to check in.

patchworkpenguin
09-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Sept 12, Wed
breakfast latte
BBQ, beans, fruit, 3 brownies and 1 unidentified yummy spice bar thing.
Doritos {at least they are gone now!}
Italian Veggie crustless quiche, 1 bread/butter + iced coffee

I did 30 min of Tabata cardio

I complained about how tired I was after dinner and Hubby asked me if I wanted him to make some coffee. I exclaimed "what do you think I just dranK?" :dizzy:

LoseToAll
09-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Last night I was doing so good until dinner then I just lost it. I am so obsessed with food. All I can do is think about it all the time. And I lose my head and do not even know how much I eat while I am eating until I am done. Then the shame and disgust sets in.

I am going to lunch with a college friend and I just want to skip it to get my diet on a more organized plan. But I will try my best.

Well hope all are well. Have a great OP day. Funky

ubergirl
09-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Funkyso sorry you are having a hard time! I made the mistake of just sticking my head in the sand when I felt like that until I woke up 50 lbs later. Keep fighting the good fight-- and GO TO LUNCH with your college friend! Friendship is more important than anything.

Me, I'm hanging in there. Kind of frustrated about my weight. I'm a daily weigher which helps keep me out of the denial zone. Dropped to 263 and then went right back up to 265. Ate plenty yesterday (I thought) but was so hungry last night I started to get a headache. Went to bed instead of eating. Woke up still hungry. Breakfast, then an hour later hungry. It's like my body just suddenly got the message that I've been eating less. Sigh. Am fighting the urge to drop my calories super low or cut out whole categories of food as that's led to my downfall in the past. Hopefully will see a nice dip soon.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-13-2012, 03:01 PM
UBERGIRL ~ don't worry about a measely 2 lbs -- that is surely water-weight. It would take you almost a week to gain a lb of fat (remember, you would have to overeat 3500 calories to gain a lb of fat). I cannot express this often enuff -- your weight can fluctuate anywhere from 2-5 lbs of water-weight; and the bigger you are, the more it can be. I used to hold up to 12 lbs at one time, but thankfully now, it is more like 3-5 lbs. So hang in there, you will see a downturn very soon ... :hug:

FUNKY ~ do not stop living your life becuz of your plan; make your plan fit your life. As EZMONEY once told me -- LIVE BETWEEN THE STEPS! I so agree with him. I put nothing on hold now. You do not want this to be a short-term band-aide solution that rebounds; you want it to be a long-term lifestyle change that lasts. I say to you too -- hang in there, and keep on, keepin' on ... :D

REMEMBER LADIES ~ PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! You are practicing new strategies that will make your healthy lifestyle choices all that much easier. TIME is a great healer and a great teacher! :)

TODAY'S MENU -- Thursday (/ means done)

BF -- small banana + eggmuffin + coffees = 355 /
MS -- small banana* + coffee = 85 /
LN -- leftovers from last night w/corn + drink = 410 /
AS -- small apple + nuts + slc/meat + drink = 215 /
DN -- 2turkey bangers/beans + coleslaw = 450 /
ES -- chz + drink? = 70 ?
TTL -- 1585 ?
*had another small banana to use them up. As you may notice, I sometimes change my snacks based on what I have or what I feel like eating on each day; more flexibility. I don't worry about being exact on the days total, as I try to leave some lee-way, just in case I'm off a bit (I mean, short).

Well, I changed my dinner to turkey sausages, beans, and salad to get some more hearty carbs in for the day. We are planning to have home-baked pizza for dinner tomorrow night (Friday), so this works out much better for that too. Hey, they say that it's a woman's perogative to change her mind ... ;)

calluna
09-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Checking in, ladies. Starting to feel better but this cough and the fatigue aren't going away quickly. On the up side, I haven't been eating loads of junk while sick this week. miss my workouts, though.

Thighs Be Gone
09-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Can I come into this thread Ladies? I am needing some support!

Everlasting
09-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I need to join in too... I feel really depressed about gaining back so much weight during pregnancy and post partum... I've been back on track now for a week and a half. Had a huge drop after my first week weigh in 9 lb, mostly water I'm sure but it at least looked good.

thistoo
09-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Welcome Everlasting and Thighs Be Gone! This is a great group and we all understand the frustrations of having to lose the weight all over again.

My weight just keeps going up and up no matter what I do. This morning the scale said 199.6, which was horrifyingly close to that 200 line I do not ever want to cross again. Alas, I really think it's this antidepressant I'm taking. But I haven't randomly burst into tears in over a week, so I feel like maybe I should stick with it for awhile and see if the weight issue resolves itself. In the meantime it is very frustrating to be restricting my diet so much with no measurable results.

patchworkpenguin
09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Yesterday Hubby came home from work not feeling well, he says there's something going around at work, so he took some cold meds when he got home then more before bed. This prompted me to take a half dose as a pre-emptive strike, so I woke this morning groggy and stiff. Last night I pulled a muscle in my neck/shoulder while getting towels out of the dryer. So all this is tempting me to go back to bed! Hopefully if I stay up and keep moving I'll feel better.

Welcome Thighs and Everylasting.

Thighs Be Gone
09-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi Thistoo. Like you, I am also on an anti-depressant--for 4 months now-- feel mentally better but worried on my weight gain. I have decided to quit drinking alcohol all together and started running again daily. Yesterday, I started journalist my foods again. I know how to take care of my body and how to love myself. I just have to make decision after decision to do it. After a week or so back on plan I am feeling more encouraged once again. I also went and had mani/pedi and my hair straightened and colored for a pick me up.

Thank you for writing back to me. Last year was a very difficult year for me. I lost both parents and had to move homes. I am ready for something good again. I remind myself of my blessings--which are substantial. 3FC is one of those. :)

Thighs Be Gone
09-14-2012, 11:24 AM
THANK YOU PATCHWORK for the welcome. I hope your muscle is better!

Thighs Be Gone
09-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Everlasting,

Good for you to get on scale. I can't bring myself to do it. I think it would make me feel awful.

slicedbreadbox
09-14-2012, 03:20 PM
patchwork thanks for the link!

:welcome3: to the new ladies! and for those of you struggling, hang in there! i'm in the same boat and i had to come vent about it this morning. i know i shouldn't let it bother me but sometimes a bad weigh in can just ruin your day.

i went out for my birthday on wednesday night and yes, i did splurge. i just had to punish myself and weigh in thursday morning. up 1.8lb. honestly, i wasn't surprised or even upset because that's a lot better than i thought it would be.

yesterday my cals were at 1225ish and i did pilates... but this morning i'm up another 0.2. wth? :?: the 0.2 doesn't bother me b/c that's really nothing but i was hoping that i would have flushed out those 2lbs. i'm very frustrated.

i'm just hoping that by staying on plan this weekend i can flush it out for monday. i have to go to a housewarming party this weekend though so i'm going to try to budget for 1 or 2 drinks.

ubergirl
09-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Welcome Everlasting and Thighs be Gone.

Thighs, I remember you from the first time around. I'm SO SORRY about all of your recent stress. I'm so sorry for the loss of your parents. I also had a very stressful year last year-- totally derailed me and sent me zooming back up the scale. Didn't get on the scale for quite a while, but oddly (or sadly) enough, I knew exactly how much I weighed, almost to the pound when I finally stepped back on. Kudos to you for doing nice things for yourself. That is an excellent first step.

Everlasting it IS hard to jump back on the weight loss train after a pregnancy weight gain, but so worth it.

Thistoo I'm so sorry that your weight is creeping up in spite of all that you do. Hopefully as your body adjusts to the antidepressant you will see less effect. Of course, there is no hope of losing weight if you are seriously depressed, so this is a small price to pay.

Me, had a nice day today, even though I'm frustrated that I have not yet seen the whoosh I thought I'd get from getting firmly back on plan. So far, I'm at a net loss of zero this week. But the good news is that today I wore a shirt that a a little too tight back in July/August (when I was in the "no way am I stepping on a scale" mode. I feel a little thinner. Also, I FINALLY got my hair done, and I bought myself a new pair of earrings, and it was NICE feeling like I looked nice today.... when I'm in "who cares, I'll just binge" mode, I also tend to neglect my appearance in general. Today made me remember how nice it was to feel and look good. Onward.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-14-2012, 10:14 PM
:welcome: Back, THIGHSBEGONE ~ I'm sorry to hear about your great loss! You've had a stressful year for sure! Glad that you have decided to come back here though; you'll get things sorted out soon enuff. :hug:

:welcome2: Everlasting ~ you're off to a great start ... :D

TODAY'S MENU -- Friday (/ means done)

BF -- .5 bagel/chz + egg + coffees = 245 /
MS -- small banana + coffee = 85 /
LN -- leftovers: tomato-patties with corn/veggies = 350 /
AS -- 6 baby carrots/PB + drink = 200 /
DN -- home-baked pizza = 700 /
ES -- coffee = 10 /
TLL -- 1590 /

I saved up some calories over the day so I could have that pizza for dinner. We had a cold, wet day here so we stayed indoors and did light housechores which is good exercise at least. I got lots of walking in this week.

Hang tuff ladies; and have a wonderful OP weekend ... :hug:

patchworkpenguin
09-14-2012, 11:38 PM
I did try to take a nap but couldn’t fall asleep, so I decided to clean the baseboards in the house thinking that would involve a lot of sitting, but that lead to my dusting, then taking down the curtains in the dining room to shake out, then washing them, then washing the blinds and the window. How does one simple job escalate? At least the DR is really clean. I also gave April a Spa Day which included brushing her teeth. I feel pretty good now so maybe it was just the grogginess from the cold meds. I hope anyway. Its supposed to rain all weekend so we are planning to just stay home and relax.

I made chicken soup from leftover chicken, which included a lot of onion peppers and garlic.

jinee
09-15-2012, 05:41 AM
The last two days I was not watching it. Last night I ate an extra dinner serving AND made popcorn. Its been almost 4 weeks I've been trying to lose the weight I've gained but it seems like half the days I do okay and half the days are like yesterday.
And I've weighed myself and haven't lost an ounce. I thought at least since I'm watching my eating a bit I would lose two or three something! And I've been exercising. Tuesday is the 4 week mark so my official weigh in day. If I didn't at least lose 2 pounds I will be disappointed to say the least. My plan is not to eat Monday night after 6pm. Keep the water salt weight down.

ubergirl
09-15-2012, 09:12 AM
PenguinGosh! You are my new idol. I can assure you that the LAST thing it would occur to me to do when I wasn't feeling well was the clean the baseboards! Hope you feel better soon.
Jinee Good for you for sticking with it for a month! I get where you are coming from. I was planning to come on here and whine because I've been on plan for a week and lost nothing, when I thought I'd see a big whoosh starting out. But I know if we keep working it, it will work eventually. Maybe both of us are retaining a lot of water right now. Hang in there!

thistoo
09-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Thighs Be Gone, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a horribly stressful time you've had. I'm glad you've found us; this is a great place for support when you're trying to find your feet again.

i was hoping that i would have flushed out those 2lbs. i'm very frustrated.

My body holds onto water weight forever too. I feel your frustration!

there is no hope of losing weight if you are seriously depressed, so this is a small price to pay.

Truer words, my friend. It's a Catch 22 situation for sure. I'm the same way about letting my appearance/attention to fashion go when I'm not feeling good about myself, so I'm glad to hear you're back in a place where you can see that you look good. I've been making a conscious effort to focus on my appearance lately because I know it makes me feel better, which helps with stopping stress-related binge behaviors.

I'm at 199.2 this morning. Nowhere near where I should be, but I'm not going to give up. I'm just really frustrated that I still don't fit into any of my jackets. Fall will be here soon and once again, I have nothing to wear.

patchworkpenguin
09-15-2012, 10:47 AM
I do feel better this morning. I found the secret to Hubby's not staying home yesterday; last week his boss got sick and was out for a few days so Hubby being the kind and compassionate soul he is gave his boss a hard time for staying home {boss is Army Hubby is Navy, if that gives you any ideas} so when a week later Hubby didn't feel well he DARE NOT stay home and give Boss a reason to give him a hard time. :p {and just like that grown men are 12 years old again.}

My shoulder is still a bit sore but nothing major, today is the day I traditionally clean house {vac, mop floors} but at least I know the DR is clean! I would like to do a workout but I'm not sure what to do yet.

Uber, let me confess that we moved into the house in 03, and this is the first time I've cleaned them since, and I only got the ones in the dining room. Its been bugging me recently, but now I know how much fur/dust is on them. ewww. I'd like to re-paint the LR, DR, and hallway soon and tape won't stick to dust.

Thighs Be Gone
09-15-2012, 01:05 PM
ÜBER AND JUST WANT TO BE--Thank YOU and to everyone else for the welcome back. As silly as it may seem, your support means so much. I have been back on plan for about ten days and started journaling calories again three days ago. I am also running again. Currently. I am able to do about 2.5 miles without stopping. I have also just tried to become more active here in my home. I also started a dog sitting business that has kept me relatively busy. I had a garage sale this morning and made $90! Lol--but at least I burned a few calories getting my stuff out there.

I will be here. And often.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-15-2012, 07:48 PM
THIGHS ~ we all appreciate all the support we receive here. You did well at your yard sale; and I know the work involved as I held 2 in the past -- enuff for me to say, forget it the next time we moved. I just donated stuff to goodwill as I was already exhausted from the packing & moving. ;)

PENGUIN ~ I find doing housework a great way to burn calories when I'm stuck indoors for a couple of days becuz of rain. After I did my bathroom, I started on the walls and cupboards, etc. :D

TODAY'S MENU -- Saturday
BF -- medium wg bagel + PB + coffee = 390 /
MS -- small banana + coffee = 85 /
LN -- chkn-veg soup + sandwich = 475 /
AS -- drink + chz = 190 /
DN -- baked skinless chicken wings + bbq sce = 450 /
ES -- drink /
TTL -- 1600 /

Well, we had nicer weather today with some :sunny: so we spent some time outdoors today. Eating is going well. Have a super OP Sunday everyone! :)

calluna
09-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Hello, all, Calluna checking in here. It looks like Mme. Flu is going to release my lungs back into my care - I feel significantly improved today. Thank goodness!

Back to work tomorrow for me, and maybe I'll get on the bike today and spin a little to see what happens. Did a decent job not eating too much junky comfort - although it doesn't feel all that comforting to eat junk food so much, so perhaps that is why.

cheers, everyone.

patchworkpenguin
09-16-2012, 11:15 PM
I bought a 20 and a 35# kettlebell over the weekend, I found the 20 on clearance at Target and the 35 at Walmart.

We are trying to stay home this weekend to finish jobs around the house that we have put off.

Matilda08
09-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Good morning group! I am STILL hoovering at 225-223 I am so sick of this each and every time I get to this weight I stall my diet has been in check but that is never enough for me. I work and go to school so the time left to workout isnt much. I have been able to workout for about 3hrs each week and honestly that isnt enough because I usually get about 5-6 hours a week in. I must get out of the 220s. I need to see 219 this month. I am going to have to find a way to turn it up. I said I would walk early in the morning I havent started yet but I also purchased a walk away the lbs DVD in effort to help me with my morning workouts. I hope all is well. we can do this:)

patchworkpenguin
09-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Nothing much planned for today, just hanging around to work on the house.

The company Hubby works for announced that they are closing the branch here in Memphis in Dec. We don't want to move somewhere else working for this company, we can't pay two mortgages and we would lose our house, even if we wanted to move, we can't rent the house out because we have a VA loan. We can't complain about this rule because the VA loan has been a great help to us over the years.

Matilda, I'm a fan of Leslie's workouts. They are fun and get me moving on days I don't want to workout.

LoseToAll
09-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Penguin that is sad news about the job. Work is hard to find. What does your husband do?

I am having a sad weekend. Just one of those things. The weight is not coming off but the eating has not been great. I am with Matilda. I am hovering around 224-223. I so want to see 219 by the end of the month. I am recommitting right now for this week of eating. Small goals right.

Well have a great OP day. Funky

slicedbreadbox
09-17-2012, 08:32 PM
matilda stick with it! you can do it!

patchwork i'm sorry to hear that. that sounds like a really stressful situation. i hope things work out okay for you guys!

my weekend was not the best eating wise. last week was just not the best in general. i got right back on track after my birthday indulgences on wednesday. but then saturday i went to a party with a lot of old friends that i hadn't seen in a while. (note, we used to drink A LOT together) so some of those old habits came back. and you can imagine that it just led to worse decisions, eating wise. which unfortunately led to bad decisions on sunday too.

so i have not been feeling well today or sunday. i think TOM is coming soon too. ergh.

i'm back on track today...hoping i can flush out the 3.3lb that i'm up now. i'm going on a trip next weekend and i'd like to be back to feeling really good by then.

mountain mama
09-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Penguin so sorry to hear about the tricky situation with hubby's job... i hope something sorts itself out! big hugs to you!

had a rough weekend and went up a bit. Money's in a pinch this month and it always stresses me out... it results in my eating a bunch of cheap comfort food and feeling worse afterwards. in other news i did start painting again... hopefully that willl bring me out of my funk!!

SMSDREAMER2007
09-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Alright ladies, I was here before but I wasn't commited to getting back on the wagon, I don't know why but I couldn't. I guess my motivation? my commitment? idk what but something wasn't there but it is now and I am BACK! I did end up gaining 16 lbs of what I lost SADFACE! So now I need to get IT plus EVERYTHING else off again. I do remember some of you but not everyone. So HAIIIIIII to everyone new and old. I have to say I don't think the boards are as active as they used to be :\ Maybe it's just my opinion. Anywho I am happy to report that I have health insurance back, I have AALLLL my doc appts set and ready to go ! I have my driving test on monday, I am in school full time as a psych/comm. health major. I now live in a better situation away from family and on top of that all I Lost about 6 ish lbs my first week back! (I'm sure most of it was water weight but who's nitpicking? :p). Glad to be back. Updated my ticker sadly it was to go the opposite direction and am getting my blog active again for the FINAL time. I will not quit until I hit goal! I just had my first real challenge. I was at a sushi place and yes, ate more than I wanted to in cals but am still under cals for the day and I refused everything that was a sweet/chocolate. OOT OOT! My BF and I are going to the beach wed and thurs and besides the cheese curds and ONE piece of fudge I am already planning on having I am absolutely positive that yes, I will be over cals both days BUT I will be able to choose the healthiest thing on the menu for ME.

ubergirl
09-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Hey all-- yikes. I was a little off plan yesterday, and a lot today. But I'm trying to avoid the old "all or nothing" attitude. Tomorrow will be a better day.

patchworkpenguin
09-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the hugs and the well wishes. We are trying to stay positive. Hubby dusted off his resume, which is probably why the Co waited so long to tell us, there have been rumors, so at least we aren't completly blindsided. I tried not to sucumb to comfort food but did eat a few handfuls of the choc chips I bought to make cookies for Wed's Bible study. I did make hamburgers for dinner, I added garlic and rosemary, they were yummy! I already had the oven going for sweet potatoes so put the grill pan in the oven to heat then dropped the burgers on it and cooked them in the oven, which worked very well.

Funky, he's an aircraft mechanic but was recently transferred to a desk-job involving more computer work.

Dreamer, good to see you.

angelskeep
09-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Howdy. I just updated my ticker to reflect the 10-ish pounds I've regained in the last 2 years. Hoping I can join y'all here and be back on track. I'm a calorie counter and this is my new Day One. Hoping for a pound a week, which is less than I was doing before, but a good goal to start with. Summertime is the worst time for me because it's always too hot to feel like doing much exercise, either bicycling or hiking, and I am really busy with my work so I get lazy and don't want to take the time to chop veggies and cook properly and end up eating crap and garbage. I am always glad when it starts to get cooler and my work slows down. I have more time for food prep and more momentum for hiking. Even the WATP seems easier when it's not 90 degrees plus!

I try to stay between 1500-1800 calories a day and to get in at least an hour a day average exercise. I HATE the gym and won't go, but really have a great time being outdoors to get my calories worked off.

Barb

SMSDREAMER2007
09-18-2012, 01:26 AM
Patchwork. Great to see you again too! Angel Welcome! I TOTALLY know how you feel. Thankfully we have AC so it isn't too hot in our place..unfortunately that leaves that excuse out for me AHAH

mahtha
09-18-2012, 09:47 AM
good morning everyone :wave:

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back Cassie! Penguin, I'm sorry to hear of DH's job situation - I hope a new door opens for him quickly.

I'm still plugging along. Finally dropped a couple of pounds, but it's been a struggle to stay focused with so much going on around me. Things are finally settling down so hopefully I can spend a little more energy taking care of me.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

SMSDREAMER2007
09-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Hey sue! Great to see you!
I kind of dropped off the planet :\ LOL.

Today is gonna be hard. I went up 1.1 lbs on the scale. I'm sure its water weight from the walking I did yesterday that I haven't done in well...prolly over a month. Either that or the rice in my sushi made my insulin spike and I stored that as fat. I drake well over 20 cups of water yesterday so I am not sure. Hoping to see a BIG drop tomorrow. (I'm weighing daily because I have an appt with a dietician next week and she wants to see my numbers). Either way I hope it goes down. We go to the beach tomorrow so I'd hate to leave here up in weight and come back having added even more weight :\ We shall see.
Well, I am off to get my day started HAVE FUN EV1!

Pink Hurricane
09-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Good morning everyone! :hyper:

I'm joining up in this thread, I gained back over 40 of the pounds I had lost originally, so that stopped yesterday. I'm back to lose the extra pounds I had regained plus finally reach my ultimate goal. But I'm just going to take this one day at a time, in 5 lb increments so I do not feel so overwhelmed. Today's workout is Cardio X from P90X. After that it's lunch and finishing up work for the day!

SMSDREAMER2007
09-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Welcome pink!

Pink Hurricane
09-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Thank you! I got in my workouts for today so I am feeling pretty great! I am pretty hungry now so I just heated up some sliced carrots, spiced them up and am now enjoying a bowl full.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-18-2012, 02:51 PM
PENGUIN ~ geepers, why do companies do this to their employees? Close down in December -- just before Christmas and at the slowest resale time of the year, and such short notice. If they gave them a year, it would be more responsible; they must have known they were going to do this for some time. Will send up some ^prayers^ for him becuz the US economy is very tuff right now too. :hug:

:welcome: TO ALL THE NEWBIES ~ the more the merrier, for sure. Just jump right in and kudos for coming back ... :carrot:

SUNDAY'S MENU --
BF -- small banana + eggmuffin/chz/k + coffees = 365
LN -- tstd tomato & bacon sandwich = 450
AS -- apple/rhubarb dessert = 160
DN -- roasted chicken + np/sp + veggies + brd/mrg = 475
ES -- 1/4 cup beans + chz + drink = 145
TTL -- 1595 /

Note: ate some extra carbs today as my BSL's were a bit low; think hormones were causing some nausea too.

MONDAY'S MENU --
BF --small banana + eggmuffin/chz/k + coffees = 365
LN -- grilled cheeze sandwich + drink = 430
AS -- 1/4 cup beans + chz = 175
DN -- shepherd's pie + veggies = 400
ES -- chz = 60
VLS -- .5 bread/pb + coffee = 160
TTL -- 1575 /

Boy, I can tell it's getting cold again; I'm a lot hungrier the last few days too. My numbers have been low lately, so I have lots of lee-way to move them up a bit though.

Have a great OP week everyone ... :flow2:

patchworkpenguin
09-18-2012, 11:01 PM
I did the laundry, baked cookies for tomorrow, and made dinner but no workout, until Hubby wanted to go for an evening walk. He's full of surprises this week! We went 1.25miles around the neighborhood. April was thrilled!

Rosebud, thanks for your prayers. We are sure this has been in 'the plan' for a while but its in their best interests to keep us in the dark. :dizzy: Employees are expendable to them

Pink, good to see you here.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-19-2012, 01:11 AM
resisted choco cupcakes AND pizza today ( A COMPLETE first for me, I think it was a test for the next 2 days AHAH). We leave for the beach tomorrow and are going to the tillamook cheese factory before heading down to lincoln city. My original plan was to forget the diet all together tomorrow but after seeing what damage "forgetting it" has done to me I think I will just be more laxed. I know I will be over cals both days by A LOT and I have 2 treats ,squeaky cheese and a piece of fudge planned I MIGHT have 1 glass of wine but other than that I will be choosing the healthiest things I can I think. Did the dishes, laundry is in the dryer, I'm almost all packed (Lots of surprises for the BF, he doesn't know I bought the dress, etc for tomorrow night HEHE). I'm excited but oh man have I had a lot to do tonight :\

patchworkpenguin
09-19-2012, 08:21 AM
I got the whole wheat bread started today. I'm not sure the idea of starting it on my early day will work. I have to mix it before I'm really awake. who knows what I put in there?:p Off to get ready for Bible study.

Dreamer, Hubby and I stopped by Tillamook on our drive back from WA to TN after his discharge. yum.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-19-2012, 10:25 AM
:D I can't wait. We're headig out in a few mins. Im just stopping in to say HAIIIIII.

Pink Hurricane
09-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Feeling very sore today, so I did my workout but had to take a few breaks, so what should have been a 50 min workout became 30 min. Oh well, I'm just glad I did it.

Trying to decide what to make for lunch. I am trying to plan my meals on MFP for the day, so I'll ask my husband what he wants for dinner the next night so I can plan the rest of my food for the day around that. That helps me to stay accountable and stay on track, plus I don't mind whenever we make changes either.

Breakfast I had two whole wheat pancakes and my usual coffee with just creamer (sugar free). For lunch I am making a wheat grilled cheese with an egg for the protein. Trying to get in my daily water too!

LoseToAll
09-19-2012, 11:23 AM
I was doing so good yesterday until dinner and made homemade mashed potatoes and pork chops. I just could not resist and as usual gave in and then had the shame and depression of failing myself again.
Dreamer. How great it would be to go to the beach. We have not done very much summer stuff. Just stayed home to save money. I am hoping to save enough money to take my kids on a cruise to see the ocean and stingrays. The cruise is not so expensive but the flight and excursions are what get you. But they are 12 and 10 and it is the perfect time to take them to enjoy and remember family togetherness. We are planning for next Oct so we are saving up every penny. We are planning to go to Idaho Falls to see the King Tut exhibit in Oct and I am really excited. It is a 4 hour drive so we are going to stay the night at a hotel with a pool. I think it will be an awesome experience for us poor shut ins.

Penguin. I am hoping you find something fast and do not have to move. It would be terrible to try and sell a house in this market.

Welcome to the newbies. We are all in the same boat.

I am still stuck in the 224-223 range and have not been very successful in controlling my food intake. I plan ahead and then sabotage myself at dinner. I save up calories but everyday is a struggle. It is not that I am even hungry, it is all emotional I think. Just wallowing in my unsuccessful attempts I think.

Well have a great day. Funky

calluna
09-19-2012, 11:25 AM
I finally got to swim last night after a week of hacking and coughing. I still don't have my lungs back, but at least I was able to be out there doing the workout. I have a sodium bounce from some junk food last weekend that I'm trying to take off, and hopefully that will help.

Ta for now!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-19-2012, 03:29 PM
FUNKY ~ why is pork chops & mash potatoes sabotage -- unless you are on a very low carb plan? We have pork chops (one each), plus a rice/barley mix with lots of veggies a couple times a month (once in a mushroom sauce).

We had shepherd's pie this past Monday with Mash on top, but it was lower calories becuz it had more veggies than meat, and only 1 cup mash for each person ... these are my sneaky tricks! :D

I think the food is OK, but I saw no salad or veggies; and if you limit the mash to 1/2 to 1 cup per person, you can still stay on plan. One cup mash is 135 calories. I think it is about how much for many people, is it not? I often save up 1-2 hundred calories for a dinner I really like, so I don't have to feel guilty or ashamed or depressed about having what I love to eat.

Then in between those days, I may have something with a little less calories; every strategy helps, I think. Just keep going, and allow yourself some flexibility. There is no time clock, and no judge who is gonna throw you out of the race. You are learning things about yourself through this.

Are mashed potatoes comfort food for you? Is that where the emotion comes in? Just wondering ... and oh, here's another trick I use; don't make more mash than you need for that meal. If you only make 2 cups (say, one for you & one for hubby, then you cannot overeat it) ... :hug:

slicedbreadbox
09-19-2012, 06:48 PM
stayed home from work today. i've had problems with my back for a couple years now and it started getting sensitive again the past couple days. i'm wondering if it's because of all the carbs i ate over the weekend which made me bloat up :( anyway, last night i went to spin class and i felt it seize up a couple times. not fun.

so i've been putting on heating patches and laying down for most of today. i'm going to try to work out later though. sometimes that helps.

still working on the water weight from this weekend too. its going down but not back to where i was last wednesday.

hope everyone is having a good OP day.

LoseToAll
09-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Justwant2be. I had already eaten my calories earlier. I eat before 5:30 pm to help me stay on track. My family eats later after my husband gets home. So the dinner was an extra meal that I had not planned for. No, mashed potatoes is not a thing with me, it just looked so good and I had actually breaded the pork. Like a real cook.
I do not cook, I just prepare food not cook. I like to bake. I heard that you either like to bake or cook. I love to bake... Cookies, bread, you name it. And that is terrible for me. It is like if I cook/bake it, I deserve to eat it even if I do not really want it. It must be a mental thing. But I just lose myself and splurge and then after I come to my senses and realize I have eaten 500-600 calories over my limit. And it has happened alot lately. I have no self control.
Does anyone else have this happen to them?
It has been alot lately. I was doing so well. I lost 5 lbs in July and then it just all went to crap and I gained it back and have not been able to lose it again. I do not get it because I really am trying. But your support helps me put it in perspective. Thanks Justwant2be. It helps alot.
Well have a great night. Funky.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-19-2012, 10:09 PM
I had already eaten my calories earlier. I eat before 5:30 pm to help me stay on track. My family eats later after my husband gets home.

Please don't take this wrong, but that would be a great strategy if it was workin' for ya; but seems, it's not ... :lol: You would be better off eating with the family but add lots of veggies and/or a salad to fill you up, esp if they are eating something that you really love. Better to eat 100 extra calories than 500 or more. Just something to consider ... :hug:

ubergirl
09-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Hi All-- I have to be honest. I'm doing awful. Having trouble remembering why I care... but I promised that I wouldn't disappear and forget I was trying just because I haven't been sticking with it. So here I am. Hope I'll be getting my mojo back soon.

dgramie
09-20-2012, 06:59 AM
We had our annual fish fry last night at church and I thought I would be fine...wrong!! I found the dessert table!

calluna
09-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Uber, I remember how hard you worked for it, and know that you will dig your mojo out of the closet. :) I know what you mean, though...the most dangerous thing for me is a day of I-don't-care. A day of that can lead to many more.

slicedbreadbox
09-20-2012, 05:29 PM
losetoall i'm going through the exact same thing right now in terms of the self control. i ended up about 600 calories over my limit yesterday and every single meal almost was just carbs. i didn't even do a short workout yesterday.

ubergirl in the same boat with you here. trying to remember why i care...

this always happens to me that i have a small success and then i'm like oh, it's okay, i can eat some... and then i end up going way over and undoing all of my success. what is that?!

so because of that, i was way over yesterday and my numbers are way up today. i'm determined to get back on track... trying to find a way to motivate myself to stay away from the carbs. i have my spin class tonight and i've been on plan today so i just need to stick with it. the spin studio i've been going to offers your first 4 classes free. i'm addicted to it and i'll like to buy a package but the prices are a bit hefty :(

hope everyone is staying on plan today! we can do it ladies. if we hold each other accountable maybe that'll help us find our way back...

patchworkpenguin
09-20-2012, 08:39 PM
I tried to do a DVD, but wasn't happy with the one I picked out. Michelle D's Cardio Interval Burn so I only did about 10 min. I don't think I made it out of the warmup. I like the setup of the workout but its fast paced, a little dancy, and with quick changes just leave me confused and behind. I've done it before and liked it, so its kind of hit-and-miss with me.

Hubby stayed home from work today because he caught a GI virus, so I'm waiting to see if I got it too. Yip-ee! I cancelled Knit Night because if I did have it I didn't want to spread it around.

I've been watching the CrossFit games which I didn't know exsisted until I saw them mentioned at Cathe Nation. Watching the games and learning more about they way the train has made me think that maybe I should try more things unrelated to DVDs. Like Hubby and I throwing a ball around in the backyard or taking the dog for more walks. We are generally more active outside in the winter than the hot and humid summer anyway.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-20-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't think I made it out of the warmup.

:lol: That's the way it is for me too! I can't do half the things those normal gals can do, so I just do what I can. I sometimes get envious of you lower-weight ladies too, becuz I'd luv to be where you are. I think you are all so blessed to be able to go out and walk; and do sports and so forth ... sigh!

OH WELL, I'll get there some day ... ;)

My eating was good today too; I had a pork chop steak with seasoning and a coleslaw salad with cukes & my own cherry tomatoes. Got some walking in today doing errands and pick-ups; but my legs felt like lead weights. It was yucky damp, cold weather today so that was likely the cause.

Even when I have an off day, I just keep going. When I first came here, I had lots of those; but with lots of practice and tweaking my plan to suit us better, that happens less often now. Not perfect by any means though, as I still have to watch very closely.

Have a Fantatistic OP Friday, everyone ... :cheer2:

angelskeep
09-20-2012, 10:25 PM
I am trying to plan my meals on MFP for the day, so I'll ask my husband what he wants for dinner the next night so I can plan the rest of my food for the day around that. That helps me to stay accountable and stay on track, plus I don't mind whenever we make changes either

Hey there, Pink. I just signed up for MFP yesterday. When I was trying to lose weight before, I was using a different website, but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate very well this go round for editing my recipes.

Have you been using it very long? It's odd to me to count back the exercise calories and I was horrified when I first saw 1200 cals/day, but then I figured that was after the exercise calories used.

Also liking the breakdown of goals for carb/fat/[protein. I am always close to spot on for carbs, low for fats and high for proteins, butr I'm eating pretty much the way I did when I lost weight before and before I gained back these 10 pounds. Guess I'll see if it still works.

I like that it has a lot more options for the nutritional values; a lot more foods than the other one I was using, so easier than having to enter a ton of stuff.

The calculator on there says if every day is like today, in 5 weeks, I'll be at 192.8. No idea if that is good or bad. I like to eat so I have to exercise quite a bit. :carrot:

Thoughts anyone?
Barb

slicedbreadbox
09-21-2012, 03:09 PM
angelskeep i use MFP. i've been using it since january (although i haven't listened to my calorie limits all the time) it has me at 1200 but i try to keep it around 1400. i try not to use the exercise cals but it does happen. usually by a couple hundred. but if i have a 700 cal burn, i don't feel too bad. it's just nice to see those green bars isn't it?

hope everyone is have an awesome OP Friday so far! Friday's can be tough but i'm determined today.

in a good mood today. i got my butt up at 5am for a spin class (after i had a spin class at 7pm last night!) and wow, that class was crazy. my HANDS are sore. it's at a yoga studio so the room is heated to like 85 degrees with 40% humidity. i was definitely the weakest link in that class but i don't care because i managed to make it through the whole hour. and believe me, there were a couple times where i thought about just walking out. but i'm proud of myself that i stuck it out and finished.

going to try to try a different yoga class tomorrow though. i'm going to brunch with the bf tomorrow and they have lemon ricotta pancakes i'm thinking about trying... :x

SMSDREAMER2007
09-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Back from the beach, waay overate and gained like 6 lbs which I am almost 100% sure is mainly water weight. Gotta get that off. I missed a LOT in the 2 days I was gone so I am not going to do personals. Sorry all :\ Really tired today. I think it is because of the valarian root I took last night and all the junk I ate the last 2 days BLEH. I did only drink water when we were gone so that was an NSV but the amount I ate wasn't Blarg. Hoping I drop it back down pretty quickly. I felt way bloated on tues before we left too and I am not sure why :\. Getting straight back on track today and trying to decide what to have for lunch that is really low calories and sodium Hmm.....anyway will have to figure that out Just checking back in. Docs appts on mondsy YAY! Is it bad I am excited?? lmao

angelskeep
09-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi All-- I have to be honest. I'm doing awful. Having trouble remembering why I care... but I promised that I wouldn't disappear and forget I was trying just because I haven't been sticking with it. So here I am. Hope I'll be getting my mojo back soon.

I remember yo from when I was on here before and yo have done sch an amazing job. I know you will get back on track. Even if you hit a big speed bump instead of just a little one. You care because it is good to care. AND...you can care without beating yourself up for a backslide. Is there something yo did before that you are missing this time around? Or did it all get boring and you need to switch it up some? I am sure you have the answers you need if you just let yourself find them.

Hugs and hang in there.

Penguin-howdy again and I sure hope your hubs finds a job.

Everyone else...yikes...too many of you but hello and happy Friday anyhow!

I have my meal plan all set, right on track on Day 5 now. It has been a while since I could do more than 3 without getting hijacked by Chinese buffet! I am sore from exercise, 60 minutes bicycling to the grocery store and back and 15 min WATP yesterday, 90 minutes walking so far today and 15 min. WATP to go this evening. I made Greek Meatballs in the shape of a meatloaf for dinner...ground boneless/skinless chicken breasat and zucchini based. Delish and low cal. I even get a dark chocolate candy bar for a treat. I'm feeling good about my plan toady. Yaaay me!

Breadbox-I just saw your post. It has me at 1200 net calories, so I guess I am eating back what I exercise. I'm still getting used to the new way of logging stuff on there instead of my other place. I used to just try to stay between 1500-1800 calories intake and exercise like crazy and that worked. I set my goals on MFP and basically have kept the same food plan and exercise and jsut seeing how it works into the way they show it and so far it seems okay. It says I am on plan. Over in exercise, and just under in calories. Always over in protein and under in fat, but it worked before so I will just wait a while this time and see if I need to adjust.

Barb

Beverlyjoy
09-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi folks. I don't know why I don't post when I am struggling. But, I've had some very bad food days. I have had four healthy days - monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and so far, today.. I am trying to figure out what plan to follow.

All this all week has gone well. I am so grateful. I 've had the willingness to write it down, plan, measure, drink lots of water, weigh everyday, and I've done my meditation for three days.

I think I might be addicted to sugar. Eating just a little bit it is hard for me.... because I always want more. It's tricky. Sugar is in everything. I have cut back on sugar (and all it's cousins) the last four days. I talked to my friend who is a Registered Dietician and has a PHD in psychology. She said that the only way I'll know is to give it up and see how it goes. She also said not to go home and throw everything out with sugar in it. Use up things I have with sugar (some frozen dinners). I don't want to jinx myself, but - not eating much sugar, so far, has kept the craving away. Time will tell. I am still in the 'honeymoon' phase.

My journalling is different this week too. I usually journal all my Beck stuff that I like to think about and keep track of. Also, I have been journalling my feelings.

Have a great weekend.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-21-2012, 09:07 PM
BEVERLYJOY ~ glad to see you back here. I also cut my sugar way, way back. I didn't throw everything out either, but I don't worry about a few grams here and there. Now & then I will have a dish with a minute amount of sugar in it but I don't worry about that little amount. A couple of times a year, I will even have a small slice of pie but I always cut the sugar back in that too. I don't think I have a sugar addiction but I did have to lessen it to keep my blood sugar levels in check. So far, so good. :D

We had a lovely :sunny: day today. Went out for a nice walk in the sunshine this afternoon and felt much better than yesterday. I walked yesterday, but it was so cold and damp (raining actually) that my legs felt like lead weights. Today was so much better. Eating went really well this week too. We had a lean hamburger for dinner tonight; and I even treated myself to about 7 real potato fries and still stayed well under my calorie allotment for the day. I love my plan ... ;)

Have a wonderful OP weekend everyone ... :flow2:

patchworkpenguin
09-21-2012, 09:54 PM
We all jumped earlier when a huge kaboom of thunder rang out, shook the house and knocked something over in the attic, which is Hubby’s problem now.

Today is my odd-jobs day. odd job 1) kill strange bug in bathroom * check* Ewww! I also did 2 loads of laundry, 50min of weights, gave April her Spa Day, dusted and ‘curated’ the LR shelves, because I was sick of looking at the same stuff, had leftovers for dinner, then Hubby and I went for a mile walk. We are currently waiting for the new season of Haven to begin on SyFy. Hubby made us peach shakes all by himself, lol, I haven't seen the kitchen yet, but I'm sure its a mess.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Angel- Im at 1250....but that is the limit I set for myself because of my PCOS, anything above the 1200 range and I stall/gain(whether I exercise or not...). In actuality though I usually end up between 700-900 lately because my doc and I are trying something kind of like IF for my insulin resistance (all doctor monitored, all completely healthy, no I don't recommend it for anyone).

Beverly - Beck stuff?

2bhealthy- What plan are you on? or are you just counting cals?

Penguin- Mmmmm peach shakes...YUM. And no, you probably don't want to see the kitchen LOL.

Was totally on plan today, going well with the IF type thing so far. Successfully got back on plan today. See my dietician and PCP on monday before my drive test YIKES! Gained like 6 lbs in two days (almost all water weight prob) 3 lbs of it gone already. Feelin pretty good just major tired from the valarian root I took last night and the fact that most the food I ate wed and thurs was fat mainly (cheese and mac n cheese and "comfort foods" I think I have a slight lactose intolerance which doesn't help, nor do the 3 candybars I gorged on when i went on an emotional roller coaster long story)...I did only drink water though!
by monday I should know if I gained or what from my lack of diet on wed/thurs. No more planned "Cheat/vacation" days planned till december when we have our vacation in cali and by then I hope to be 100% in the swing of the diet thing again so that I am not tempted to eat majorly unhealthily.

Beverlyjoy
09-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Justwant2bhealthy - my friend said that if the sugar is the fifth ingredient or beyond it should be OK. I am borderline diabetic. I guess I should try and cut it out... along with refined flour, etc. Sugar in so many different names is just about in everything. So glad you had a nice walk.

smsdreamer - The Beck Diet Solution is a psychological program. It provides a step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss. The program is based on Dr. Beck's clinical research in Cognitive Therapy (CT). Things to learn such as: put fork down between bites, eat seated only, slow mindful eating, eating isn't an emergency and many more. Dr. Beck's first two books don't have a specific food plan. You pick your own and a backup.

The third book,Complete Beck Diet, for Life expands the earlier work and includes a food plan with suggested menus.

It's helpful because I have terrible habits around food. There's a Beck Solution forum here at 3FC.

I made it through last night. I've been going to bed earlier so that I don't have more time to face food. I won't eat when I first get up because I have to take my thyroid medicine and I MUST wait one hour before I eat after taking it.

Have a great day.

patchworkpenguin
09-22-2012, 10:16 AM
We had a slight hope that Hubby would have a job past Dec, but we got the news yesterday that it won't happen. The company has just decided to shut down here in Memphis; there's no talk of asking people to transfer, thanks for your 20 years of service. Just Goodbye. Which is why its so weird to send Hubby for training. Now?

Today is cardio day and I get to clean house. My shoulders and triceps are sore from yesterdays workout, too.

Funny story. April is not allowed on the furniture, but we know she sneaks up on the love seat while we are gone. So when my parents came to pick me up for Bible study on Thurs, Hubby was curled up on the couch when we left. As I was locking the door I hear Hubby yell "NO! Bad dog!". April had forgotten that Hubby was home and tried to climb up on the love seat as I was leaving. LOL. We decided we need to try that again sometime. Silly Dog!

SMSDREAMER2007
09-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Beverly, Interesting. One of my majors is psychology, I might want to look in to that.

Penguin LOL too funny.

Just a quick check in, I gotta to practice driving here in a few mins, my drivers test is in 2 days YIKES! so far so good for OP day, just my morning smoothie in. I am back down to the EXACT weight I was at on tues before our trip, but considering I felt bloated and like I was holding water then that doesn't say much LOL. *Crosses her fingers* Here's to a speedy loss back down to my lowest weight

angelskeep
09-22-2012, 01:23 PM
SMS-when you say 1250 calories do you mean total calories eaten-as in not the calories consumed minus the calories exercised? I think I am still a bit confused by MFP. It wants me to have 1200 net calories, which I think is 1200 plus however many I exercise away. I've been exercising approx 500 cals/day, so it gives me a limit of approx 1700 cals. That is still a deficit and at least a pound a week in theory. It comes out to what I was figuring I could eat before I joined MFP with the exercise added in, so I'm hoping it will work like it did before w/o MFP. I only joined MFP on Wed. so I will have that as my wiegh in day from now on. It says I should be around 192.5-192.8 after 5 weeks. My goal I set was to lose a pound and a half a week. I picked just 45 min a day of exercise, but I am almost always over that. LOL! And I've grown fond of Barefoot Cellars Pinot Grigio ice cold in a frosted glass...so I have to exercise a little extra for that on the days I indulge. Soon it will be cold outside and the wine won't be so attractive, I think. Hot tea instead.

Methinks it's time for a 15 min WATP. Will have an hour walk when hubs gets home from work this afternoon, then another 15 min WATP after dinner.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful on plan weekend so far!

Barb

SMSDREAMER2007
09-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Barb. Yes I mean 1250 total, I don't have mine set to count exercise because I don't "exercise" I am just getting back in to the swing of losing weight and the best way for me to do that is focus on food at first. Even when I do exercise if I count back my cals I burned I don't lose PERIOD. even if I exercise 100 cals off and eat those 100 cals back in theory id still have netted 1250 but my body doesn't work like that I don't lose that way, I maintain and sometimes depending on what it is I ate 100 cals of I gain. Go me ROFL. But yes your net is 1200 but your total is 1700 you have it right. It says oh you at 1200 cals but you exercised 500 cals so time to eat back those 500 cals which puts you at a TOTAL of 1700 cals consumed.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-22-2012, 07:15 PM
DREAMER ~ yes, it is a portion & calorie plan. NO SECONDS. Smaller plates. Lean meats, lots of veggies & salads, fruit, plus whole grain complex carbs in "measured portions" (small new potatoes, yams, brown rice, barley, pasta, baked beans; whole grain bread, english muffins, and smaller bagels).

I took all our favorite meals and made them healthier by cutting down fat & sugar & calories, but we still get to eat what we love. We have take-out on occasion, but that may be baked chicken wings or bbq spit chicken or one slice of pizza once a month only. It all has to fit under my daily calorie allotment though.

I find this plan very flexible and DH loves it too; we both get to eat what we like, and it's sustainable long-term ... :D

EDIT2ADD: tonight we had one of DH's favorites: fish & chips; I had a few of the baked chips but had a big coleslaw salad with mine. DH has his fish and piles of chips with gravy. That way, we are both happy (and I stay on plan too). :)

SMSDREAMER2007
09-22-2012, 07:47 PM
2bhealthy - SWEET! as log as it works for you!

omg, I just had like the smallest binge EVER lmao. We have smoked cheese in the house and I can NEVER resist smoked cheese so I have been trying to get rid of it as quickly as possible. I've been really fatigued the last week, Not sure if it's cause my cals are so low which I haven't had a problem with before or if it's the valarian root I have been taking. (I'm going to see my doc in 2 days so the cal thing might get fixed). That combined with backing in to someone earlier today made me finally throw my hands up and enter 4 oz of smoked cheese into my food diary (which still left me under cals) I went and cut the cheese, sat down with it and started eating and about a little less than halfway through it (so after eating an oz and a half) I was done. I looked at it and actually thought "ugh no more, I'm done" and put the rest away.....LMAO like I said, smallest binge ever.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-23-2012, 07:40 PM
DREAMER ~ ya, it's workin' fo rme -- 111 lbs worth ... good for you keeping that cheeze to a small binge. I love chz too, so I know how that is.

Just checkin' in ladies ~ had a great OP food weekend; plus today, I made a roast beef with loads of veggies; and some baked apples for dessert/snacks. Have enuff leftover for tomorrow too. :D

Hope you all have a wonderful OP week coming up ... :flow2:

Beverlyjoy
09-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Hi relosers..checking in. I have done good since last I posted. I am always grateful for that. I am getting more into the 'swing' of it all. I need to start thinking about going out of town soon. Ya know, reading, planning, figuring a few things to bring along. Sometimes I wish I could stay in my own little 'food bubble'. But...life would not be so fun. It's learning to live in the real world (with all that food) that is a challenge.

I made a big batch of roasted veggies this morning. It's good to have them ready. So tasty too.

Hope you've had a great weekend.

angelskeep
09-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Good evening everyone! I'm just getting caught up. I did miles and miles yesterday and today, combo of walking and WATP. Holy Moly! Some folks will do anything to eat an extra 1/2 a candy bar. I was in Denver recently, visiting my son who is a chef. It was before I decided I need to get back on plan. We bought oodles of fancy schmancy French & Italian cheeses. I had to have some of it for a football snack today...just HAD to. So, I measured it carefully and used it with pears instead of crackers. Yikes. I had to do 2 hours of walking and a mile of the video to stay on plan. And yesterday I did an hour and 1/2 walking and 4 miles of the video.

I remember when I coudln't even make it around the block, and I am truly grateful that I'm so much more able now and even though I am sore and tired, I can do more exercise. It has been a lifesaver for me.

SMS-I really admire you gals who have PCOS and are still able to lose weight. It has to be so difficult and it's inspirational to see so many of you who keep on going even with the challenges you face.

Want2Be-I have done the same thing'''de-fatting and skinny-izing" a lot of our recipes. Have you ever heard of Devin Alexander? She had a cooking show on one of the channels, but only for a few episodes. I think she was/is also one of the chefs involved with the Biggest Loser stuff. Anyhow, just those few shows helped me a lot, and I purchased her book, something like "the mot decadent diet book ever" which is awesome for making tasty stuff that's more nutritious. She has trhe BEST spaghetti sauce recipe, and Italian sausage, too.

Penguin-I haven't gotten over to the last page yet, but hope your hubs is doing okay and finds a job soon.

Beverlyoy-It's so hard to post when struggling, but that's when you need to post more thsan ever. All the extra support here will help you get through the tough times, and when it's going well we can all look up to you.

Barb

SMSDREAMER2007
09-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Just checkin in. OP today, drivers test and 2 docs appts in the morning YIKES. can you say STRESSFULL??? LMAO I am trying to decide what to eat tomorrow before the test and quite cant decide I want a sandwich but the meant is SOOOO high in calories Bleh. Will figure something out though. Kind of tired tonight and a little bit of a headache so will see whats going on when I see my dietician tomorrow.

Barb. It is amazing isnt it? LOL at least you did what you had to to stay on plan!

Beverly.Great job keeping at it!

2b - I know right? YUUMMM I put the rest of the smoked cheese in my BFs omelet this AM so I am no longer tempted HEHEHE.

Angel- Aw thanks, Wish I could take that credit though. I have been stalled for a year. Its amazing when I was at a higher weight it was SOOOO easy. I was like idk why people are having issues??? now I get it >.< To the dietician and PCP tomorrow to try to get things goin good again! I HATE slow weight loss and if I slow to the 1-2 lbs most pcos ppl get I think Ill go crazy. Not that that rate is bad but because I have felt what it is like to lose 3-5 lbs a week LOL.

Beverlyjoy
09-24-2012, 08:11 AM
I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back to sleep and ate a lot of unhealthy food. This is after having one week of being on my plan.

I kind of woke up in a food fog from chocolate, cereal, and carbs. I was feeling so down. Of course, I want to give up and say 'screw it, I'll never be able to have food sanity permanently.' However I am trying to convince myself that I need to remember that most of my week was healthy & I need to concentrate on seven days, not 1 hour. That's what Dr. Beck's book always reminds us to do. Concentrate on the credits (all the things you've done right), learn from it all, and carry on.

So I will plan:

breakfast: egg whites, rice cake with pnb, roasted veggies
lunch - salad with lettuce, grilled chicken, lite cheese, carrots, rasins, crumbled taco shell, evoo, balsamic vinegar
snack - smoothie
dinner - turkey burger, brown rice, veggie
snack - rice cake with pnb

water/exercise/journal/log food/meditate/

Remember to treat yourself as kindly as you would treat a good friend. I am reminding myself of this today.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-24-2012, 10:21 AM
:hug: Beverly. You had a bad hour No big deal. Don't hate yourself it's all part of this journey. I have fallen off SOOOO many times after 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month I've done it all. This one blimp won't derail all your efforts and in the long run, it won't matter.

Today is the day YIKES Driving test AAAAHHHHH but 2 docs appts to get through first. We shall see how this goes *bites her nails anxiously* I plan on being on plan no matter what happens, Hoping I can do it. oh I was 2456 this am :D So that's good. With any luck I will be out of the 240's within the next week and a half!

Right, time to make the BF breakfast and get my smoothie on! Have a great on plan day everyone!

Beverlyjoy
09-24-2012, 10:50 AM
smsdreamer - thanks for your encouragement. Good luck on your test!

angelskeep - CREDIT for all your exericise and taking a healthy portion of cheese and pears.!

LoseToAll
09-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Pizza did me in again this weekend. And then last night I said 'screw it' and binged on mashed potatoes and angel food cake. I love angel food cake the calories are low and if I could have one serving I would be doing good. After the weekend I am still at the same weight so maybe the binge will not be a set back.

Barb. I am on MyFitnessPal too. I love that I can log on my iPod and it is so immediate that I use it some times as a reality check by looking at it during the day. I plan my eating for the day by entering it in the morning then it helps me stay on track. I would suggest you not eat that extra 500 calories if you can help it. You really do not need it and you will lose faster. If you get hungry then have 100-200 to tide you over but that will do. MyFitnessPal has helped me so much. I have never counted calories before. It always seemed so difficult but it work for me now.

Angelskeep. Awesome on the exercise!!!

SMS. Good luck on the test. How are you getting to the doc with no car? Hope it goes well.

Beverlyjoy. I am in the same boat. I just feel out of control. Late night eating is the worst on bloating and self esteem. You will be okay. Just come here and share and you will find I appreciate that I am not alone. Chin up and know we are pulling for you.

Have a great OP day. Funky

patchworkpenguin
09-24-2012, 12:10 PM
I woke up cold this morning and wasn't very happy about it. Hubby left this morning for his work trip, usually he leaves for work and I'm still half asleep when we say goodbye but today we were both up and I watched him leave which was much worse:(. He feels going on this trip is a waste of his time, training for a job they will lay him off of in two months, when he could be out looking for another job.

I'm going to try 'body part a day' + cardio this week, mostly because I've never tried it before and I'm trying to keep cardio in the mix, but I may sneak a few extra body parts in here and there just to keep me interested. A workout of just triceps sounds a bit short and boring.

Dreamer, hope the appointments and test go well.

Beverly, sorry you had such a bad night.

Angelskeep, good job on all the exercise.

Pink Hurricane
09-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Planned my meals for the day (already had breakfast and lunch) and also did my P90X workout for today (Core) so I'm feeling pretty satisfied. I am just ready to see results and finally break out of the 220s for GOOD. Also I am feeling a little bloated because it's that lovely TOM but I know I won't be feeling like that for too much longer. Plus I heard that exercise helps tp relieve that feeling among others :chin:

sassyangies
09-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi ladies. It has been a stressful 2 weeks.. I am so greatful to be reading all your guys posts and all of you are doing great. Even if you've fallen just get right back up. You guys are awesome. Now if I could only take my own advice ya know? lol.. I am starting today though to keep a journal. Someone suggested it to me and I think it might be worth a try. I am not a very good writer and I've tried to blog many times and I never keep up with it. I am going to keep up with the journal at least for 30 days and see what happens and what kind of patterns emerge from it. We'll see.
I'm going to try and come on here more often and just read or post or just come on and do something. You ladies are such an inspiration. Thank you!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-24-2012, 07:35 PM
ANGIE ~ you don't have to be a literary expert to journal -- just jot down your thoughts in short notes. Like this ...

Woke up at 7. Sunny day. Ate healthy breakfast. Did some laundry. Planned lunch & dinner. Picked up some groceries. Had "blank" for lunch. Did some more housechores. Dinner went well. Went for a walk with Mojo. Felt good. Had a bath. Early to bed.

You can say more -- like what you eat specifically and why. How you felt, and so forth. Good day or Off day. Any emotions or stress. Whether you stayed on plan or not, etc. :D

Nice to see more of our Re-losers popping in for a bit. It's true that we just need to keep going. Take a look at what you binged on. Was it all carbs? Maybe you need to add one more to your plan. Your body may want a bit more. Are you eating too low? Were you stressed? Have you discovered a new trigger food? Then don't eat it too often anymore (say, only once a month). It's all about strategies and time and practice, ladies.

We had leftover roast beef and veggies for dininer tonight. I had a toast + pb for breakfast + a small banana; and a western omelette sandwich with chz on whole grain for lunch. Good on plan day; and am even a bit low today so far. Hey, and that's a great start to the week.

CASSIE ~ hope the test and appts went well for you.

BEVERLEYJOY ~ a couple of weeks ago, DH kept getting up and I finally got up too. Then ended up having a piece of toast + pb; but thank goodness I was low that day so I was OK. The key is to stop at one thing. I know. I know. That's the hard part. Cut back where you can, but then just continue on.

FUNKY ~ I chuckled when I read you binged on Angel Food Cake; you could probably eat the whole cake for what? ... 200 calories? I don't know, but it sounded funny! :lol: Oh, mash potatoes may just be a trigger/comfort food for you after all. Isn't this the second time you did this lately??? And this sounds like a carb binge -- yes, the body is calling you on this!

It's better to up your carbs by one serving a day than have 10 xtra servings in one day; unless you keep it all under your calories for the day. How about a total carb day but at a limit??? Maybe a new strategem, ladies.... ;););)

angelskeep
09-24-2012, 08:10 PM
SMS-Hope all goes/went well at the dr. and especially the driving test. I haven't had to a driving one in years and years, only the written part and that not for like 11 years. I think I would be so nervous now I might not pass either kind!

BeverlyJoy-dust yourself off and get right back on your ride. I know you can do it and we're all rooting for you. You had what, one day of off plan after 5 days on? Should still be ahead of the game.

LoseToAll-Yikes! I have to eat back those calories or I'll starve! I'm not good at feeling deprived and 1200 calories a day eaten is deprived for me. I would rather do a little more exercise now that I can. I wasn't always able to. I figure out a general meal plan and my exercise for the day ahead of time and then adjust everything to exactly as I go. I am making a new Jamaican stew dish thingy for dinner, and I wasn't sure of the exact calories of each thing...onions, collard greens, sweet potatoes, etc. until I actually got them weighed and added, so I adjusted accordingly. And planned my exercise based on maximum I will eat today. I'm not sure yet if the stew will be 4 or 6 servings, so I figured it for 4 and if it's more, then I have a deficit bonus. Same with exercise. I did an hour walking outside already and have 2 miles to go today with WATP. If I feel like it, I will add a mile. And then it's a bonus. But it's nice to know I have the option of a little more food or a little less exercise if I want.

Penguin-what is the body part a day thing? Is it on tv or video or ???? Sometimes I worry because I don't do much weight training kind of stuff, just whatever is on WATP and once I get a little more fit again, I'll add 2 lb. weights in each hand as I walk outside and also for the WATP miles. I would be interested in the body parts thing if it's helpful.

Pink-Howdy and good job planning your food. Exercise should definitely help with TOM...brain chemical stuff that's over my head, but helpful nonetheless.

Angie-hello also to you. Journaling is a great idea. If you are doing well, then you can look back later and see what was working. If you're struggling, it will help you to understand why and make corrections. Want2Be's example is AWESOME. You don't have to be perfect, just make notes for yourself to read however you want to go back and see them.

Want2Be-I'm glad to be a re-loser with everyone, too. It's helpful when there are ppl who are going through the same things I am...'cause y'all "get it". And I appreciare the reminder to think about what caused me to backslide. It was just inattention and laziness in my case, no big binges, no catastrophic event, but a slow and steady ride down the slippery slope. And your roast beef sounds delicious.

Time to go and finish cooking dinner. Have to turn the crockpot to warm and add some lite coconut milk. I am splurging and having ONE frozen biscuit with dinner tonight. No butter. I forgot to have my snack, so I guess I have a 200-ish calorie bonus or I can eat more later. 1/2 cup of plain ff yogurt and a banana. Prolly will eat the banana later and skip the yogurt. Dessert tonight is frozen pumpkin yogurt, homemade kind, so that would be redundant.

Everyone keep at it.

Barb

patchworkpenguin
09-24-2012, 08:39 PM
I did 20min of weights for chest, 30min of tabata cardio, seasoned the cast iron, vacuumed, washed dishes, started swatching for new sweater Meteor in blue, finished Bible study lesson, put some books away, and made a list of more stuff to do tomorrow!

Angelskeep, today I did 3 exercises for chest, tomorrow I'll do a segment for legs, Wed is arms, Friday is back and Sat will be shoulders. There are more variations. I usually do total body workouts or upper body one day then lower body the next and sometimes a 3 day split {which bundles some of the above together such as biceps/triceps on one day, chest/back on another and legs a third}. I prefer weights to cardio and rotatating the muscle groups helps my body and keeps me interested. I work out to dvds so I get to mix and match.

Angie, the journal is a good idea. I don't like to write things out by hand but I will type a great deal out. You might try your journal in Word, that way no one but you can read it.

Pink, I hated Core Syn, great workout but it never got easier!

Rosebud, your omelette sandwich sounds good. I'm planning a quiche for later in the week. Hubby will eat quiche but its not his favorite. :dizzy:

SMSDREAMER2007
09-25-2012, 12:58 AM
First, Thank you to everyone for your well wishes! I passed my drivers test with a 90%! I am now officially a licensed driver :D

Lose - My boyfriend took me and picked me up from the Appt's so I could meet my cousin to go for my drivers test.

Pink - WTG for getting your workout in! I didn't I was too busy out driving with my new license :D

Sassy - :hug: We all go through those points I don't know HOW MANY times I restarted this summer it was CRAZY. You can do it though, it just needs to be the right time for YOU

2b- VERY well said!

Angel - I now don't either ! HEHEHE and OOOHHH froxen pumpkin yogurt sounds AMAZING can I get the recipe from you?

Penguin - Very productive day! Way to go!

Well I went and saw my PCP and dietician today. the PCP put me back on my metformin which isn't reacting with me YET but that could be because I take it with food AND pepto bismol for the first week or so. We shall see. The dietician hit on a whole lot of things that I knew already but didn't want to face so that wasn't too much fun for m. We touched on my food addiction I inherited from my mother and the importance of not cutting anything out and just going with what I want when I want it IN MODERATION. She also mentioned listening to when the body is full and stop then, don't continue eating ,etc. she wants me around 2k calls and consecration on my relationship with food and being healthy before I go hardcore in to losing weight. We made a compromise between the two, I want to get the weight off but it is true I need to be more balanced. We stopped the VLCD because it wasn't helping me as well as we thought it would. So for now I am taking a step back from the weight loss, Not forgetting it but putting "healthy" me first instead of eating to lose the weight to become healthy. There were a few times I wanted to cry in her office but I got through it. After that was a quick bite and picking up my RX from the store then on to the driving test which I passed with a 90% :D OOT OOOT I am not a licensed driver! Yay!

Really really tired now but trying to wait for the BF to get home before I head to bed. I have an 8 am docs appt tomorrow so I need to be at the dermatologists at 7:45...so much funn....doc appts every day this week.... Have a wonderful on plan week everyone!

angelskeep
09-25-2012, 01:06 AM
SMS-YAAAY! for passing your test!

Here is a link, I hope, to the pumpkin frozen yogurt:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/266797-healthy-pumpkin-recipes.html

I posted it there earlier this evening.

Barb

SMSDREAMER2007
09-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Sweet thank you on both accounts!

mahtha
09-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

I'm still quietly plugging along. Down a few more pounds, but went WAY OP Sunday satisfying hubby's craving for fried clams. I ate less than I would have in the past, but still enjoyed too many fried shrimp, fries and onion rings and am paying the price for that on the scale.

Overall I'm finding it easier to keep myself in check and haven't succumbed to the tempation of grabbing something on my way home because there isn't anyone else to cook for. I did another "closet shop" last weekend and pulled out a couple of size 12 skirts and dresses that now fit. Slowly I'll get there...

Pink Hurricane
09-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Sassy- I find that writing helps me deal with stress the best, just like exercise. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed so I will write all of my thoughts, good or bad, then read through them. It's surprising how much that can help me. I always like to rip out the pages and burn them too when I feel like I have overcome an obstacle, makes me feel even more powerful haha.

Angels- Thank you for the welcome! Haha all the science stuff gives me even more of a reason to workout and stay consistent. Btw your dinner and dessert sounds amazing, I've never had pumpkin yogurt though.

Penguin- I love your workouts! Btw, what is seasoning the cast iron?? Are you talking about a cast iron pan/pot or something? LOL and yeah Core Syn is a pain, I don't see how it could get easier either. The one I struggle with the most is the Dreya roll. Good gawd that is tough!

Dreamer- Yaaaaaayyyy! For getting your license! Also I agree about making sure you don't restrict yourself like a lot of people do when they start dieting, personally anytime I have restricted myself it has always backfired on me. I don't see anything wrong with having what you want within moderation.

Matha- Great that you lost a few more pounds! Weekends are hardest for me when I need to stay on plan but at least you are back on the ball today! Also, good job for not being tempted on your way home to grab food that you don't need. That was a big problem for me as well, I would grab a bag of chips then a Starbucks full fledge vanilla bean frapp. Now I just grab water and try to find something good to eat if I have to snack before I make dinner, like cheese or fruit.

So I completed my day 2 of week 2 workout with P90X today, which was Cardio X. I am super happy because I actually did all of the reps and moves which is a first for any workout I have done. Also, I am feeling very motivated and feel like I finally got my spark back that I had lost when I started regaining the weight. I'm just glad I stopped halfway and realized what I was doing before I got myself deeper into the rabbit hole. I never want to treat myself bad again, my body deserves to be happy and healthy, and so do I!

But I am sore, from the workouts, and while I'm sore I certainly love that feeling! :D

LoseToAll
09-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Justwant2be. You may be right about the potatoes and carbs. I worked them into my calories and was filled from mashed potatoes from lunch that I had a good dinner and stayed in my calories. Pizza is my real weakness and we love it on the weekends that my husband has to work. I try and stay in the calories but it does not always work. You are always right on when you post. You are extra smart.

SMS. Congrats on the test. So many doc appt you must have good insurance.

Pink. Interesting about the writing and the burning. I would burn it just so no one would see it. I can see how that helps.

Had a good OP day yesterday, feel pretty good. Lost a pound this morning. I haven't lost in three weeks. I have been fighting the same pound for that long, 224-223 but today I am at 222. Now just need to keep it up.

Funky

patchworkpenguin
09-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Not a great nights sleep, I woke up at 2:28, 3:28, 4:28, you get the idea. I was hoping I'd get to sleep late but I woke at 6something and couldn't get back to sleep.:mad: I woke up cold yesterday so I put an extra quilt on the bed but then didn't need it. Laundry and other chores for today. Today is Legs so I think I'll pick a STS Plyo Legs workout. TOM is hitting me hard this month; it seems I keep saying that lately.

Pink, when you get new cast iron pots/pans you bake them in the oven with some kind of fat or oil rubbed lightly on them which makes them 'non-stick' occasionally it needs to be done again. I have an old skillet of my Gma's then some new things I've bought so I just redo everything at once.

Dreamer, congrats on your licence.

Sue, great job on the smaller size!

Barb, fall just means pumpkin doesn't it? I made a crustless pumpkin pie last week.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Well I had my post almost completely written out then something happened and it got erased >.< Lets try this again.

Mahtha - Congrats on the weight lost and on the closet shopping, a treat once in a while is ok don't beat yourself up over it! Consider it an accomplishment for stopping when you did!

Pink- I agree but we were trying something different because of my odd body with my PCP. The dietician changed it up and decided we need to work on my food issues first and get my health and mental state better then the weight will come. *fingers crossed*

Lose- My student insurance through the school just kicked in so I scheduled everything at once. I only use my insurance for my specialists for PCOS, my primaries I.E. PCP, dietician and counselor I go to the school medical center for because it is all covered there in the tuition (except any labs they do which is covered under the health insurance).

I'm glad to be getting healthy just it is really hard to drop the lose weight frame of mind:\ That is kind of what i have been set in for a while so that is going to be difficult but I am trying!

Really excite to have my license because now it means I don't have to wake my BF up for those butt crack of dawn 8 am apts LMAO. Lucky him, he is in there sleeping right now LMAO.

I think I might go lay down with him too before this erases everything I just typed again HAHA. there is more detail of everything from my docs, my test etc on my blog you can check that out by the link below if you like.
Have a happy on plan day today everyone!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-25-2012, 08:03 PM
CASSIE ~ Thanks! I am so happy for you that you passed your driver's test!!! Yea, for you! Well, you know -- you may still lose some weight while you re-focus on the other issues too. It may help you to concentrate on something else besides the scale; then help you lose weight in the long run, esp once you've dealt with all those other issues. I know I had to deal with mine. I actually lost very little while I researched and practiced my healing strategies. I did lose inches and sizes though, and a few lbs but there were some long stretches in there that I didn't lose anything. As I got the other issues sorted out (the emotional & stress eating), I started to lose again (much more continuously too). :D

FUNKY ~ thanks, you're very kind. I think that I just have been doing this for a much longer time; and I see so many of my own issues in you ladies too. It's all advice from experience. BTW, have you tried preparing and eating a salad before having the pizza? :hug:

We had a on & off weather day here; :rain: & :sunny: on & off all day, BUT I still went out and did a long walk (for me). I made it all the way to the end of the long block and back again -- yahoo! That was the first time for me here. Eventually, I hope to make it all the way around -- I did over 1/2 today (about 2/3's I'd say). Not far to go now. DH came out looking for me; guess he was wondering where I went ... :lol:

Then tonight, after dinner, I went out again -- only this time, I just went around our place; and did a bit of gardening while I was out there for about an hour. I really prefer to walk at this time of year. I don't know why, but I seem to feel better in the cool, crisp air for some reason, so I try to take advantage of it. :shrug:

Eating is going well again this week -- today I had an egg/ham muffin + a banana for BF; a tstd chz sandwich for lunch; and 2 turkey bangers with baked beans for dinner. I usually have a salad with it, but I didn't feel hungry for one tonight. :)

Tomorrow, we are going shopping, so I will get some walking in for sure; it's supposed to be nicer out too. Have a wonderful OP Wednesday everyone ... :flow2:

SMSDREAMER2007
09-25-2012, 10:03 PM
thanks for the encouragement 2b I am hoping I can lose the weight while I learn to be healthy though it is IMPERATIVE I get this off NOW I have a long family history of early illnesses and I have always been obese, even as a child.

patchworkpenguin
09-25-2012, 11:42 PM
My sore butt is reminding me I did 50min of legs today, alternating a weight exercise with a plyo cardio move.

angelskeep
09-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Just popping in quick, here this evening.

Pink-I saw your post about walkig part way aroud the long block. Not sure if you read any of my other posts anytime, but one of the things I can remember most clearly about when I started this process was trying to walk around just a single block and having to stop may times, and crying the whole time but wanting to just make it around. If it is any help...I walk miles and miles and miles every week now, so it is very possible if you just plug away. I am SO VERY PROUD OF YOU for trying and not giving up. You go girl!!!

Barb

Pink Hurricane
09-26-2012, 02:08 PM
So in a couple of days I will be able to have a signature! :woohoo:

Hahaha it's probably silly for me to be so excited about it but having a ticker like that is a huge motivator for me, being able to visually see myself going lower in the numbers. I'm looking forward to it!

Today has been pretty relaxing, did both of my P90X workouts for the day and now just looking forward to going home and being with DH after I get off tonight since he is on his weekend now. He has been on night shift for a few months and last night he surprised me by coming home a few hours after he went in. I was so excited haha, I love having him home. :) He'll be back on days next month and we are both looking forward to it, and he plans on taking me on some 'tough hill runs' as he calls it :lol: That should help with getting in better shape for sure!

tschaff04
09-26-2012, 03:05 PM
I hope it's ok that I post here. :^:

I was on weight watchers for 11 months and lost a total of 98 pounds. Weighing in at 158 pounds I was the smallest I have been my entire life. Then I became pregnant with our third child and feel back into the "I'm pregnant, I can eat whatever I want" mentality. Biiiig mistake. After having my son and losing that initial first week of weight I weighed in at 212 pounds. :(

I nurse, so I waited longer than most to start dieting/exercising again. He is 5 months old now and I have been back at WW for two months. I am down to 188.6 as of today.

I know I am back on the right road but I find it discouraging and I am angry with myself that I had to back track and work on pounds that should have stayed gone.

I appreciate you listening to me vent and am glad to find a thread that fits where I am.

slicedbreadbox
09-26-2012, 05:12 PM
tschaff welcome! looks like you're on track already! way to go.

i feel like i've been spiraling out of control the past few days. busy weekend and then i didn't keep up with my workouts...or my eating. so i'm feeling the guilt.

i need to force myself to cut the carbs but i just can't seem to do it. i was so good for a couple of weeks and then for the past couple weeks i've been having carbs again and i just feel bloated and terrible. it's just wreaking havoc on my system. i have my doubts about gluten intolerance but i'm wondering if i may have an intolerance (or i just go way overboard on carbs, which is definitely a possibility)

did 45 min on the elliptical yesterday and i'm still sore today. going to try to go to a yoga class tonight.

going out of town this weekend so i'm going to try to stay on plan the rest of the week but i have a "cleanse" planned for the first week of oct to get me back on track.

hope all of you ladies are doing well!

patchworkpenguin
09-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Hubby was able to get an earlier flight, so is on his way home! yay! I have a routine visit to a retina specialist tomorrow after Bible study, this is one of those visits that take all day, because not only do we have to wait on my eyesto dialate, there's usually a big crowd. I was able to finish my bread early and have a sweet potato in the oven for my dinner.

I did one set of each exercise from P90x Shoulders and Arms including the bonus round.

Tschaff, welcome glad to have you join us.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-26-2012, 08:01 PM
HI LADIES ~ have been a very good girl today and am still under 400 calories for the day; and I even had half a protein bar for my morning snack to tide me over while shopping today. I'll have something for about 100 cals to bring it up a bit. Got lots of walking in yesterday and today, so my feeties hurt. Will go to bed a bit earlier to help that.

Had hamburger steak and onions with veggies (small new potato + baby carrots + green & yellow snap beans), and a small salad for dinner, so I feel quite full actually. Lunch was deli chicken breast & 6 of my own cherry tomatoes & 6 small tators. BF was a wg toast with pb, a small banana, and a coffee (kept it light as we were going out).

PENGUIN ~ that's so cute; you sound like a newlywed! :D

:welcome: TSCHAFF ~ glad you joined us; you are in the right place, and you are doing well already too. :)

CASSIE ~ I understand; it was my health issues that woke me up and got me on this "BACK TO GOOD HEALTH JOURNEY" in the first place several years ago. I feel much better now (no meds of any kind now), and I know that as I lose the rest, I will feel even better and so will you ... :hug:

Have a terrifically OP day tomorrow, ladies ... :flow2:

LoseToAll
09-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Down another lb. 221. Broken free of 223-224 stagnation. We will see where this goes. It is amazing when you lose a lb how much easier it is to stay on plan. The weekend is tomorrow and I am not ordering pizza. That alone will help.

Watched and read Bridget Jones Diary and was shocked she thought she was fat at 125-132. At least in the movie they went up to 138-139. If I was that thin my family would think I was too skinny and sickly. I haven't been that small since I was a child of 8-9. Shocking that even skinny people think they are fat. We women are so messed up. She is addicted to self help books. Made me think "Am I?". I do not think so but I am always looking for advise and being a stay at home mom it is nice to come here and get support/advise. Thanks. Funky

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-27-2012, 08:14 PM
FUNKY ~ we're glad to be here for each other; to give & get support. I think the support here is phenominal too. We understand each other; and yes, we have so much in common. I often wonder why NA women have such a low view of themselves too. We are so much more than a number on the scale. So many beautiful, smart, talented people here but they just don't know it. Either our society is way too critical or we just don't lift each other up as we should; or maybe it's a lot of both! And that criticism is so easily internalized too. Such a shame; but maybe we can do something about that. Hey, here's to a women power of a different kind -- learning to accept and love ourselves again!!! :D

Had a nice day today; lovely :sunny: all day! That was so nice after almost a week of clouds, cold, and rain. So I went out for a nice, long stroll enjoying it as much as I could. Eating is great too; staying on plan very well, and so glad about that! Hope you all have a fantastically OP Friday tomorrow ... :flow2:

heathermichigan
09-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Hi all,
Some of you might remember me from last spring. I was on here for a month or so because of regaining 20ish pounds from my 80 lb weight loss last year. I lost 10 then, and then stopped trying when I began dealing with some personal stuff and gained those plus 20 more over the summer. So, I'm starting over yet again. I've already relost 7 or so pounds in the last three or so weeks, but I have a ways to go. I decided to post here to keep myself accountable to someone :) I am pretty good at the dieting part, not so great at getting my butt moving this time around.
Sending everyone strong willpower and energy to workout!! :)

angelskeep
09-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Penguin-I'm still dragging behind on the thread, but where do you learn what exercises to do? I have never been a gym person,, but if there's a video or something for the Wii, then I might be able to do some muscle building/toning stuff. The WATP helps some, but I think I need to do more.

Pink-I know whatch mean about the ticker. It is a HUGE jelp to me. I hate it when it goes the wrong way and as long as I do the right thing and hang out on 3FC, I don't want to mess it up. When I don't spend enough time here, it seems like I don't spend enough time paying attention to what I eat and do.

schaff-I bet this group has plenty of room for you to join in. And, we are all in the same boat...except I didn't get pregnant, I just got fatter again ;-) Be encouraged....if you did it before, you can do it again.

Funky-Congrats on that pound! YAAAY!!!

So I am still on plan with food and exercise for something like 9 days now. If I can get past another week or so, I should be completely grounded. I have been having 1/2 a dark chocolate candy bar, sometimes a whole one, and a glass of white wine most evenings, but it's in my calorie budget, so I am just enjoying the daylights out of it for now. The scale says I lost 8 lbs, which seems hard to believe, but it was like that when I first started eating (fairly) well and exercising, so I'm hoping it will stick. It usre has me motivated. We evne took an hour and 1/2 walk in the (mostly) dar on a gravel road across the river from the house last nightr. And I am back to riding my bicycle to the grocery store when I only need a few things, Have to say though, that instead of going striagh to the store, we have to go around the cemetery on the way out, do a loop around a walking trail, and then do the cemetery loop again on the way home. So I am getting faster and doing more distance in the same amount of time. And I've been trying to make sure the gear ratio is set for me to have to always pedal, even downhill.

We had an amazing African Peanut Stew over black rice (and over raw chopped spinach for me). I'm getting pretty good at getting a huge pile of food on my plate so I think I am eating lots and lots, but it's being under 500 calories, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Oh, and if anyone is intersted, I found a new favorite for the moment. We get a co-op produce basket which givces us whatever it gives us, and we never know ahead of time. This time we ended up with 2 1/2 bags of carrots, which I have always used for pot roast with potatoes and a side of calories, or carrot soup, which I didn't want to do. So, I thought I would try themkind of the post roast way, but only for a side dish without the potatoes and the beef. I cut them into chunks, put them into a smallish crock pot which I had sprayed with cooking spray, then added a package of Lipton Beefy Onion soup mix which I had dissolved in a cup of water. OMG...the BEST carrots I've had since I started this plan again! 1/2 pound of carrots (before cooking) plus the soup mix is only 94 calories. We had grilled chicken breast, the carrots, 1/2 an Englis cucumber each in a sauce made with dill, garlic salt and ff plain yogurt, plus a double serving of Betty Crocker instant potatoes, and the whole thing was only 486 calories. I felt like I was eating like I used to. YUMMY!

Barb

patchworkpenguin
09-27-2012, 11:34 PM
I spent the whole day at Bible study, lunch, running errands with my parents, and at the eye doctor. The good news is my eyes are okay, and he didn't need to see me again for 6 months! Hubby got home before I did {very rare} and after mowing the lawn, he made pizza for dinner. This was his first attempt alone and it turned out great!

Heather, glad to see you again!

Barb, I've never been to a real gym, I do workout DVDs at home, they do the work for me and I have someone to 'virtually' workout with. This site http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html has a great list of exercises by body part, along with illistrative videos, plus workout routines. http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Instructions.html Hope that helps and feel free to ask more questions.

mahtha
09-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone :wave:

I'm happy to see even more new faces join the group! Rosebud and Funky, you're so right about so much self-worth being tied to a number on the scale. It's really a shame that for all the wonderful qualities we all have the one that gets noticed/commented on is our weight. Yes, I'm thinner, but I'm still smart and hardworking and talented and compassionate and all kinds of other stuff that is secondary (at best) to my weight. It's nuts!

I've done a good job staying OP this week but got hit with a very unexpected TOM and it's got my weight all crazy. I'm just riding it out to see what happens on the scale and hoping to be under 185 when it's all done. Hubby is away again so making good food choices will be really easy - I have nobody to tempt me with offers of a nice dinner out or bagels and cream cheese for breakfast. I LOVE veggies, so I try to treat myself with my favorites that nobody else cares for so I don't make often. Artichokes are on the menu tonight. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Pink Hurricane
09-28-2012, 10:58 AM
tschaff- :wave: Welcome to the thread! Don't be angry at yourself, everyone has their ups and downs but was is important is that you got back on track after having your child and you have already lost a good bit of the weight you gained back! So here's to you!!!

sliced- Are you doing the Atkins? I did that a longggggg time ago and lost a ton of weight but then I just started feeling sick not having more carbs than what was allowed. Ever since then when I've had to cut back I focus on having a good portion of carbs/fats/protein so my body can sustain itself. Awesome job on your workout!!

penguin- Glad that your hubby was able to come home earlier! Also that's great about doing the Shoulders and Arms, I did that on Wednesday and pretty sure I had poor form which lead to hurting my back. But I learned from it haha!

Losetoall- That's great about your loss! I'm at that stagnant 224/225 point right now so I can't wait to be out of the 220s. Also I saw Bridget Jones a long time ago and thought the same thing! I was like jeez, your skinny how do you see any fat?!!! :lol

Heather- Welcome back! I was in a similar situation to you, I had lost over 80 lbs and all kinds of things in life started happening, good and bad, and I ended up putting back on about half of it. So I am here to re-lose plus get to my original goal. That's great you have lost 7 pounds so far, I have too! Keep it up girl! :D

Barb- I've heard of the co-op thing before and I am really interested in doing something similar. A girl I go to school with does it with her fiance so I was thinking about getting in touch with her to get some more information on how I could do it. And yes, I should be able to get my ticker either later today or tomorrow because I joined 3FC 20 days ago! :woohoo:

Mahtha- I hate when TOM happens and then you just get stagnant, I've been dealing with that crap all week :lol Anyways keep up the good work!

Well I've been staying OP eating wise for sure, yesterday afternoon I started having very sharp back pain on the lower left side so I skipped my Kenpo workout and just went for a walk at the park. Last night the pain was difficult to deal with so I took some strong painkillers that I had from when I had hurt my back before back in May. I think I had poor form during either the Shoulders and Arms workout or Ab Ripper workout on Wednesday, so I replaced my Legs and Back workout today with Kenpo and just went at my own pace. My back is feeling significantly better today, it still hurts but not in the jolting way it was yesterday. Tomorrow I am supposed to do the Yoga portion but we will see, I will at least go for a walk but I realize I really need to make sure during ALL of my workouts I keep good form and not worry so much about getting out every single rep. I have to build my strength and not push myself into dangerous territory.

Other than that I'm looking forward to the weekend! Hubby and I are going shopping for the next two weeks and I plan on stocking up with good food! :D

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Just checkin' in ladies. Had a good day; we did light housechores (esp the floors) this am. Had a light lunch (I had l/o chicken breast sandwich). Then I went for nice walk in a different direciton this time just to change things up for me a bit. Had a Veggie Pita Pizza for dinner tonight and I have loads of cals saved up for some popcorn tonight too.

Have a wonderful OP weekend everyone ... :flow2:

patchworkpenguin
09-28-2012, 07:35 PM
I woke up today feeling drained, then got a horrible headache, took meds and a nap which only helped a little. Hubby is having a night out with the boys, they are meeting at Boss' house and will work on their RC planes.

I"ve decided to keep with my plan of doing a short cardio and short weights each day. To this end I'm going through my workouts in search of prmixes to chop up the longer workouts, and making lists in Word. I found a template for a printed calendar page but after printing it out I found I could have done better with a straight edge and rular. So maybe reading small print and being on the computer a lot the past few days combined with the eye doc appintment caused my headache.

Pink, rows and deadlifts give me a hard time. I have to pay attention while doing both. Since I have such bad vision I've got a bad habit of hunching my bad to see things, practicing this over the past 30+ years makes it seem un-natrual to straighten my back out which leads to poor form.

patchworkpenguin
09-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Yet another sleepless night. Hubby was stuffy, so his snoring kept me up most of the night. I finally got up and rest most of the Hunger Games, finished it off this morning. I liked the charaters but can't say I enjoyed the book.

From Cathe’s Slow and Heavy I did the Back and Core section about 30min total. Although I’ve had S&H for almost 6 years I didn’t realize that you could do just one body part section, as opposed to the pre-programmed workouts, I knew about the exercise chapters but didn’t realize the sections were ‘premixed’ also. Then added on KCM’s Quick Fix Cardio’s Drills workout ~ 30min. I”m still not crazy aobut this one but liked it better the second try. I keep conparing it to her Plyo workout, which I love.

patchworkpenguin
09-30-2012, 12:20 PM
I got a good sleep last night. Hubby's not feeling well so we didn't go to Church {he's still sleeping}. I'm sore from my Back workout; I did it first then did the cardio afterwords, I tried to concentrate on the arm movements in the cardio to see if that would help with the soreness. I'm a little sore today but not painful so maybe that helped. Will have to experiment with that. Today is supposed to be a rest day.

Without getting too graphic my eating hasn't been great this week, I've eaten something that hasn't agreed with me but I can't find what it is, so I've been eating different things each day trying to narrow it down, but no luck. I feel good today but I also haven't had anything but water since about 8pm yesterday. The good news is I'm finally getting hungry again.

ETA: I started a new thread for October!

LoseToAll
10-01-2012, 12:30 PM
I am back up to 223 again. Ahhhh! Why when I have been watching what I have been eating and watching my calories. No pizza this weekend. I had Mexican food but watched my calories and did not go over calories too much. What to do?

Didn't go to church. Couldn't face the dress. Felt really guilty. Wish I could get over my anxiety about this weight I have gained. I was on nurtisystem and it worked for a while then it stopped working and I started counting calories. Just doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I should try it again. But it actually has more calories than what I am trying to take in now. I don't get it. I wish exercise worked for me but it does not work for me and I get discouraged and stop. So many of you are losing so much and I lose nothing. Just so discouraged. Sorry for the bellyaching. Thanks for listening. Funky

jinee
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
LosetoAll: hang in there. I know how you feel. I also was doing well I thought during my first two weeks of my restart but stepped on the scale and I had only lost a pound or less. And now 6 weeks later I've only lost 3. I've never been so slow to lose. I dont know what it is. I even many days feel a little hungrey before bed and resist which used to mean I would see the results on the scale the next day.
Good news is I didnt gain at least I lost 3 pounds however slowly.