Metabolic Research Center - MRC SEPTEMBER Thread

View Full Version : MRC SEPTEMBER Thread

cmarty
09-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Skelley,
Are you exercising any? DON'T give up. GO talk to someone at the center. They will tell you how to jumpstart the weight loss. If you are following the diet with no cheating, drinking your water..and doing simple exercise ..you should be dropping at least a pound a week. Also, I only drink 3 protein drinks a day. I am very seldom hungry. I think you just need for them to look at your menu.. I know you can do it!

skelley331
09-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Cmarty,

I do walk away the lbs 1 mile DVD by Leslie Sansone, my counselor told me not to do extensive exercise since i am following such a low calorie menu plan. I do this at least 3-5 nights a week. I went last friday and weighed in but didn't lose anything over a two week period. I drink at least 80-100 oz of water, I have cheated a few times but it's because i've been getting hungry in the afternoon or the evening. For some reason I'm having a hard time eating the same foods every day! I have the cookbook but nothing really appeals to me. I only have 9 weeks left to reach my goal of 147 (that's what the center tells me i need to be at ) so I need to lose at least 2.4 lbs a week to reach that. But what gets me is that i weigh in at home first thing in the morning w/o clothes and i'm always 2lbs lighter, so when i go weigh in their scales round up, so if i'm at 168.6 it goes to 169, last friday i weighed in at 167.2 at home and at the center i weighed 169. It's frustrating, my counselor told me to drink 3 MRC fruit & fiber and 4 HNS supplements, i had a couple of cookies and i put those on my food journal she just told me to focus on other things when i get hungry. Why does the cravings come back? The first 4-5 weeks i wasn't hungry at all on the yellow and blue menu.

skelley331
09-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Skelley,
Are you exercising any? DON'T give up. GO talk to someone at the center. They will tell you how to jumpstart the weight loss. If you are following the diet with no cheating, drinking your water..and doing simple exercise ..you should be dropping at least a pound a week. Also, I only drink 3 protein drinks a day. I am very seldom hungry. I think you just need for them to look at your menu.. I know you can do it!

What kind of foods do you eat daily?

cmarty
09-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I eat fish, chicken, mostlly. Sometimes I have venison, steak and pork. I only eat steak,shrimp and crab twice a week. I eat brocolli, okra, and salad a lot.I also each squash.I always eat cheese and low calorie toast in the morning. I love salmon, too. They told me not to eat things like potato and oatmeal..they said I wouldnt lose weight as fast. I only do one artifical sweetner a day in coffee.I admit it does get boring> When I get really bored I try to change the meat.
Hang in there, maybe your body is stalling a little //you may see a big difference next week. That happened to me last week. I didnt lose as much as I thought I should have and this week I seem to be losing it faster.
Hang in there girl! It will happen!
I drrink the hns with each meal!

skelley331
09-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I eat fish, chicken, mostlly. Sometimes I have venison, steak and pork. I only eat steak,shrimp and crab twice a week. I eat brocolli, okra, and salad a lot.I also each squash.I always eat cheese and low calorie toast in the morning. I love salmon, too. They told me not to eat things like potato and oatmeal..they said I wouldnt lose weight as fast. I only do one artifical sweetner a day in coffee.I admit it does get boring> When I get really bored I try to change the meat.
Hang in there, maybe your body is stalling a little //you may see a big difference next week. That happened to me last week. I didnt lose as much as I thought I should have and this week I seem to be losing it faster.
Hang in there girl! It will happen!
I drrink the hns with each meal!

thanks for the advise and hanging with me, right now you are about the only one i know that's doing this around the same time frame i am! May i will try and stay away from the starch (bread/potato, etc) and do fruit. I'm going to start fresh in the morning! Thanks for being there for me, it really helps.

rwquilts
09-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Skelley, I try to vary my breakfast and dinner each day. If I have poached eggs and toast one day, the next I have yogurt and blueberries, then scrambled eggs and an apple, and then maybe cottage cheese and strawberries. My dinners go from salmon to chicken, talapia, turkey, and then shrimp. I am getting a little tired of broccoli, but even with the veggies, I try to add some variety. For lunch I always have a salad uesually with tuna, but vary the toppings, sometimes blueberries and almonds. There are times that I can't imagine eating like this forever, but I know it will be very similar to this.

skelley331
09-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Skelley, I try to vary my breakfast and dinner each day. If I have poached eggs and toast one day, the next I have yogurt and blueberries, then scrambled eggs and an apple, and then maybe cottage cheese and strawberries. My dinners go from salmon to chicken, talapia, turkey, and then shrimp. I am getting a little tired of broccoli, but even with the veggies, I try to add some variety. For lunch I always have a salad uesually with tuna, but vary the toppings, sometimes blueberries and almonds. There are times that I can't imagine eating like this forever, but I know it will be very similar to this.

Thanks for the input, yes i can't imagine eating like this forever either but i've been told that you can add more foods but have to watch portions.

skelley331
09-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Cmarty,

Well it's a new day and i actually got up early and did my 1 mile walk away the pounds video, felt great!
I had a hard boiled egg, 1 oz hard cheese and a medium organge, then i drank my HNS. Off to a good start now i just need to stay on the right path.

Thanks again:carrot:

notquittingthistime
09-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Hang in there Skelley331.

skelley331
09-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Hang in there Skelley331.

Thank you I'm certainly trying,

skelley331
09-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Has anyone tried Atkins? It seems pretty close to MRC plan??

cmarty
09-04-2012, 07:24 PM
:carrot:Hang in there Skelley..Looks like your off to a good start today. A girl at work does Adkins every year. She loses 20 pounds and then gains it back again.

They told me to exercise all I wanted. At first, I just didn't have a whole lot of energy but now I am feeling much better.

What about those fruit and fiber drinks? I don't drink these.. that seems like extra calories

AND I don't know but I always thought if you eat something with sugar in it ..it takes your body out of fat burning mode and you basically have to start again..I don't know but that is what I thought...who knows I am always telling myself crazy stuff...I am just scared to touch salt, caffiene, or sugar for fear my body will stop burning fat and I 'll have to get my body back in this mode.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/cartoondino01/lb/185.5/142/169/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

I have had tremendously hard time trying to lose weight for the past 2 years. I have tried running, working out with weights for hours, even starving myself..nothing would work!!! This diet is boring I admit..but it works..if you stick to it! I do get hungry sometimes..when I do I go take a bath, drink some water,take a walk,go to bed, find something to clean...and I just focus on my goal...where I want to be..because I want to lose weight ...

I am convinced that doing without sugar, salt, and caffiene....and eating a balanced meal with enough vegetables...and also portion size has help me to get on toward my goal..WE CAN DO THIS GIRL!!:carrot:

Also, do you eat everthing? You have to eat all youe veggies!!!LOL SOmetimes I just have to farce myself to eat those veggies!

Hey..Did you get a piece of paper about plateaus being good signs...It says after 7 to 10 days of being on this diet you may stop losing weight..it says not to stop and get discouraged...this is where real fat lost occurs..your body begins to retain water to maintain the shape and configuration of it cells as fat is lost. Cells must maintain a certain shape or they may collapse..this is when fat is being lost! I got a little discourage last week ..but I think weight loss has picked up this week...so let's hang there..we can conquer this fat!
Keep in touch!

desp2lose
09-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Cmarty,

I do walk away the lbs 1 mile DVD by Leslie Sansone, my counselor told me not to do extensive exercise since i am following such a low calorie menu plan. I do this at least 3-5 nights a week. I went last friday and weighed in but didn't lose anything over a two week period. I drink at least 80-100 oz of water, I have cheated a few times but it's because i've been getting hungry in the afternoon or the evening. For some reason I'm having a hard time eating the same foods every day! I have the cookbook but nothing really appeals to me. I only have 9 weeks left to reach my goal of 147 (that's what the center tells me i need to be at ) so I need to lose at least 2.4 lbs a week to reach that. But what gets me is that i weigh in at home first thing in the morning w/o clothes and i'm always 2lbs lighter, so when i go weigh in their scales round up, so if i'm at 168.6 it goes to 169, last friday i weighed in at 167.2 at home and at the center i weighed 169. It's frustrating, my counselor told me to drink 3 MRC fruit & fiber and 4 HNS supplements, i had a couple of cookies and i put those on my food journal she just told me to focus on other things when i get hungry. Why does the cravings come back? The first 4-5 weeks i wasn't hungry at all on the yellow and blue menu.

I'm having the exact same problem but I'm just starting. I thought you were supposed to lose so much in the beginning but I've only lost 3.6 in week one and nothing so far this week. I'm really discouraged after spending so much money. Need encouragement.

cmarty
09-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Hang in there Skelley..Looks like your off to a good start today. A girl at work does Adkins every year. She loses 20 pounds and then gains it back again.

They told me to exercise all I wanted. At first, I just didn't have a whole lot of energy but now I am feeling much better.

What about those fruit drinks? Did they recommend them?

AND I don't know but I always thought if you eat something with sugar in it ..it takes your body out of fat burning mode and you basically have to start again..I don't know but that is what I thought...who knows I am always telling myself crazy stuff...I am just scared to touch salt, caffiene, or sugar for fear my body will stop burning fat and I 'll have to get my body back in this mode.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/cartoondino01/lb/185.5/142/169/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

I have had tremendously hard time trying to lose weight for the past 2 years. I have tried running, working out with weights for hours, even starving myself..nothing would work!!! This diet is boring I admit..but it works..if you stick to it! I do get hungry sometimes..when I do I go take a bath, drink some water,take a walk,go to bed, find something to clean...and I just focus on my goal...where I want to be..because I want to lose weight ...

I am convinced that doing without sugar, salt, and caffiene....and eating a balanced meal with enough vegetables...and also portion size has help me to get on toward my goal..WE CAN DO THIS GIRL!!:carrot:

cmarty
09-04-2012, 07:57 PM
This is encouraging about plateaus being good signs...go to

http://www.herbalicious.com/Plateau.html
:carrot: It's coming off..our body is just playing tricks on us!:carrot: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/cartoonblob01/lb/185.5/142/167/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

skelley331
09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Cmarty:

Great article thanks for posting! Well guess what? I was down 1.2 lbs this morning yippie!!! I go weigh in tomorrow at the center so i'm staying positive that there will be a loss there also.

skelley331
09-05-2012, 10:25 AM
B]Cmarty:[/B] These are MRC Fruit & Fiber drinks 15 cal, helps you feel full and i was having some constipation issues (LOL) TMI, but yes they said i could do up to 3 a day and it's suppose to help with weight loss. I didn't drink the fourth HNS last night wonder if that helped with my loss?

skelley331
09-05-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm having the exact same problem but I'm just starting. I thought you were supposed to lose so much in the beginning but I've only lost 3.6 in week one and nothing so far this week. I'm really discouraged after spending so much money. Need encouragement.

I'm with ya there, Hang in there that's what i keep telling myself, and visit this forum often because there are alot of great encouraging words here, that's what i've been doing, i finally got the scale to move this morning after about 2-3 wks.

notquittingthistime
09-05-2012, 10:52 AM

Just keep trying. Like you said you spent the money. It will start coming off. Sometimes it takes your body a little time to adjust to healthy eating. Make sure you are eating everything you are suppose to. Sometimes when I dont make myself eat all the veggie, I dont lose. I think the body goes into sarvation mode. Just keep trying. Good luck!!

meazie
09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I got sick over the weekend and all I could tolerate was chicken broth and crackers. :( So I feel like I starting over to get back on track and get my body melting that fat away! It's discouraging but I know it happens. I'm kind of dreading going for a weigh-in and getting a lecture about what I ate. I tried the HNS when I was sick and couldn't do it.

cmarty
09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh, Skelley I am so happy for you.....WE can do it!:carrot: We can do it!:carrot: High five girl!

Despto lose....Welcome and hang in there..This is around my fifth week..and finally I feel like the fat is melting away.Everytime I got on the scale this week it dropped...last week it barely moved

Notquitting this time..wow your not quitting r ya? You've lost 41 pounds ..That is incredible!

Meazie..Hope ya feel better!

skelley331
09-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks for all the encouragement, i'll let everyone know how tomorrow goes but no matter what happens if i don't have a loss i'm not going to get down because today was a awesome day, lost 1.2 lbs i did a two mile walk, ate really good, no cheating, and i feel like i'm light as a feather, i'm so hoping i get measured tomorrow because i know i've lost more inches, so far i've lost 11 inches.:carrot:

meazie
09-06-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm better today and drank a ton of water yesterday to flush the bad stuff out of my system. My scale reflected that so that motivates me. Only .5 lb but I'll take it!

Hoping to get a bike ride in after work today. :)

skelley...I love the dancing 'nana! One of my favorite smilies. Keep up the good work!

cmarty
09-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm going to weigh tomorrow. I think I've lost much more this week. I ate alot of fish! Let you all know soon!

pam745
09-06-2012, 08:11 PM
It's been another crazy week. I lost 1.5 pounds last week and another 1.5 this week, and today I got to sign the 20 lb board! It seems like my weight loss is slowing down, but I'm determined to keep going. We have to go out of town this weekend and I don't think it will be possible to stay OP. I'm going to try, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend!

skelley331
09-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Meazie: .5lb loss is a lost congrats!

Cmarty:good luck tomorrow you'll do fine! let us know how it goes!

Well now for the results, i weighed in today and lost 2.5 lbs I had a good feeling today and it paid off Yahoo!!! :dancer: I'm so happy, i'm back on track, my cravings are gone I know i can do this!!

We can do this Cmarty, Meazie and everyone else who's on board!!! :hat:

skelley331
09-06-2012, 08:27 PM
It's been another crazy week. I lost 1.5 pounds last week and another 1.5 this week, and today I got to sign the 20 lb board! It seems like my weight loss is slowing down, but I'm determined to keep going. We have to go out of town this weekend and I don't think it will be possible to stay OP. I'm going to try, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend!

congrats on your loss that's awesome, have a good time this weekend you'll be fine! :dust:

anjy99
09-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Congrats everyone for powering through.. it's been a tough couple weeks for me, 2 birthdays in our house, labor day trip.. but I'm doing my best to get back on track.

meazie
09-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Went to the center yesterday and I'm down 2.5 lbs! WOOT!! WOOT!! :)
Thanks for all the encouragement!

notquittingthistime
09-07-2012, 12:18 PM

Thats wonderful!!

skelley331
09-07-2012, 12:52 PM

Awesome Job!! congrats!!! It feels so good doesn't it, i was down 2.5 lbs yesterday when i weighed in also!! :bravo:

PianoGirl78
09-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Congrats to all the losers! I lost 3 pounds at weigh-in today. Scale is definitely going in the right direction. :) I am moving tomorrow, so I anticipate a very stressful day...but I refuse to deviate from the plan. I am enjoying my results too much!

cmarty
09-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Meazie, Skelley and pianogirl..:carrot::carrot::carrot:YAY! That's awesome.
I was down 2 pounds myself today.

I started working out with weights last week. Does anyone know if this will show up as weight gain to start with?

skelley331
09-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Cmarty:

Yeah for you, congratulations!!! As far as the weights i have just started doing the resistance band on my walk away the lbs but its' only been two days, i was going to use weights but others have experienced weight gain so that's why i'm doing the resistance band and it's only for 15 mins. Want to reach my goal first. But everyone is different, try it and see if.:carrot:

skelley331
09-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Congrats to all the losers! I lost 3 pounds at weigh-in today. Scale is definitely going in the right direction. :) I am moving tomorrow, so I anticipate a very stressful day...but I refuse to deviate from the plan. I am enjoying my results too much!

wow 3 lbs that's awesome, congrats!!! :cp:

meazie
09-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Weekends are so hard for me. I struggle to stay on track and lose my motivation. :( Lots of self-doubt that I can really do this. I find that it's easier to stay on track when I'm at work during the week. Less distractions and somehow easier to avoid temptation.

I'm also struggling in the evenings after the kids go to bed. I get the munchies and sometimes even hungry about 8pm. I've tried having an HNS that late and it seems to upset my stomach, yet I'm fine with them in the daytime. Anyone have a good suggestions?

desp2lose
09-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Congrats to all and thanks for welcoming me. I'm really struggling with this but your encouragement helps. I've lost 8.2 lbs but I've been doing really bad. I made cupcakes for my kids and I've eaten three of them. I need to get back on track. I have also been so so tired.

meazie
09-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Congrats to all and thanks for welcoming me. I'm really struggling with this but your encouragement helps. I've lost 8.2 lbs but I've been doing really bad. I made cupcakes for my kids and I've eaten three of them. I need to get back on track. I have also been so so tired.

Been there too. It's hard sometimes. (see my post above yours)

But we can't beat ourselves up. I say we start fresh tomorrow and drink LOTS of water to flush out the bad stuff.

desp2lose
09-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Been there too. It's hard sometimes. (see my post above yours)

But we can't beat ourselves up. I say we start fresh tomorrow and drink LOTS of water to flush out the bad stuff.

Thanks so much Meazie. I really needed to hear that. I'll go get more water now.

skelley331
09-09-2012, 09:27 PM
meazie & desp2lose: I totally agree with both of you, weekends are really hard for me, not too bad in the mornings, but desp2lose, my evenings are hard, i also get the munchies, i keep atkins shakes and bars in the pantry and if i can't truly shake the craving i drink a shake or eat a atkins bar, it's all protein so i figure it can't hurt.

Meazie is right, shake it off don't beat ourselves up and tomorrow is a new day! I do great thru the week.

PianoGirl78
09-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the congrats skelley and cmarty! Congrats to both of you as well :) Cmarty, the weights will build muscle, so you will see weight gain, but you will be burning fat. I think I am going to wait until I am below 200 before I start the weights. It is close to my TOM, so I am craving so many bad things! I won't give in though, I really don't want to see a gain on the scale. Well, good luck this week everyone! I hope all of us see a loss on the scale!

cmarty
09-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Ok I'm working out with weights..I'm starting out real slow ..hoping I won't gain each week. I need to get rid of this flabbyness..especially in my arms. I'll ley you gals know how it goes.

skelley331
09-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Ok I'm working out with weights..I'm starting out real slow ..hoping I won't gain each week. I need to get rid of this flabbyness..especially in my arms. I'll ley you gals know how it goes.

Oh please do, my arms are real flabby and my skin looks wrinkled!!

desp2lose
09-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Hey everyone. Feeling a little better today. Going back to work sure helps. I know I've read on here somewhere that there are some similar products that you can buy online cheaper. I'm using the Phentratim and Cortitrim and would like to find something cheaper. Can anyone tell me where I can get them and what they are called?

pam745
09-10-2012, 10:36 PM
skelley - I loved the Will Power Dust and it helped! I did okay this weekend. Saturday night was the only time I ate off plan. I weighed this morning when I got up and my weight was the same as when I weighed Friday morning. I'm going to try to increase my water this week and see if I can't get a poound or two off by the end of the week.

meazie
09-10-2012, 11:00 PM
meazie & desp2lose: I totally agree with both of you, weekends are really hard for me, not too bad in the mornings, but desp2lose, my evenings are hard, i also get the munchies, i keep atkins shakes and bars in the pantry and if i can't truly shake the craving i drink a shake or eat a atkins bar, it's all protein so i figure it can't hurt.

I like some of the Atkins snack bars...but my stomach does not. Something in them just really upsets it. So I'm on the hunt for another option still.

skelley331
09-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Okay i've really been debating on purchasing the phentatrim to help curb my hunger and cravings, i'm currently taking MRC-6 and cortitrim which i love and it really helps. I'm going to need to replenish mine at the end of sept and if i buy all three i can save $30 but can anyone tell me if the phentatrim really helps?

meazie
09-11-2012, 12:00 PM
I take MR-6 and Phenatrim. So far it has worked well for me. I can definitely tell the appetite suppressant help I get with Phenatrim. I'm not sure about Coritrim since I haven't taken that.

I'm almost out of MR-6 and just found a very similar product from proteinshop.com called Wonderslim KLB-5. The ingredients seem almost the same. It's only $27 for a months supply compared to $79 at MRC so I may give it a try to save some money.

skelley331
09-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I take MR-6 and Phenatrim. So far it has worked well for me. I can definitely tell the appetite suppressant help I get with Phenatrim. I'm not sure about Coritrim since I haven't taken that.

I'm almost out of MR-6 and just found a very similar product from proteinshop.com called Wonderslim KLB-5. The ingredients seem almost the same. It's only $27 for a months supply compared to $79 at MRC so I may give it a try to save some money.

I get the MRC-6 two month supply at my center for $60.00, one month is $35, my sister takes the KLB-5 but she didn't stick with the plan so i don't know if it worked or not but has the same ingredients I believe, I might try the phenatrim and cortitrim, I like the cortitrim because it is great for my stress at work
:dust:

notquittingthistime
09-12-2012, 02:17 PM

Thanks for the name of the product. I keep reading that people have found it less expensive but never any names of the other product. I will definitely be giving this a try. If anyone knows of replacements for the phenatrim or corti trim I would love to know about them. Thanks!

HowdyTexas
09-13-2012, 03:15 PM
:)Congrats to everyone for their weight loss! I have been on the MRC Metaslim plan now for 5 weeks. I have lost 15 lbs so far! :carrot: I really think this diet is going to work and it is teaching me how I should be eating from now on... No more reeses cups..lol That's ok! I would much rather be thin than to have that stuffed feeling all the time. There are some days when I do have really bad cravings for sweets but I just eat a creamy choc pudding hns and the cravings go away. One day I did give in over the weekend and ate three pieces of pizza hut pepperoni pizza with extra cheese. This was after plateauing for 2 weeks straight. To my amazement it seemed to have snapped me out of my plateau!!!

I am currently taking daily 6 MRC-6, 6 Corti-trim, 4 Flax seed oil, 3 MSM, 1 D3, 1 D6, 1 Essential Minerals, 1 MRC Women's Daily Multi-Vitamin. And sometimes on the weekends the Internal Cleanser and the Enhancer. I also use Miralax when needed.

I can't wait to reach the 20 lb mark! :D

cmarty
09-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi girls,

I go weigh tomorrow. I am hoping to hit the 20 pound mark! I've been doing dogg on good!:) Today, I sat aroung people eating Hersey Cake, potato chips, dip, cupcakes and some delicious chicken salad. But, I survived! I just wanna be thin again so bad! I have to keep my focus on the new clothes I am going to get!
You girls are a great support here. When I see your able to do this then I realize I can too.:carrot::dust:

skelley331
09-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Hi,

I go weigh in tomorrow also! I'm so hoping i have a loss, i've been doing really good also cmarty! good luck! I'll post how it goes!

:goodluck:

aw82797
09-14-2012, 06:11 AM
congrats to all those who have lost! ya'll are doing great! I have been MIA for awhile, I started back at college for the first time in 10 years, its going to be a tough load this semester but I know i can survive it and it actually is making me feel smart & accomplished. but with working 40 hr weeks & having 11 semester hours of classes, I'm busy lol, I got sick this weekend and went off plan because I had no energy and all I could think was "must have carbs" but I only saw a 1lb gain so not to bad. going to weigh in today and hope to stay the same or see a loss.

Weight lifting will initially give you a gain as your muscles develop but you will lose inches as your muscles tone up and muscle burns fat so the bigger and more toned your muscles the more you will burn in the long run. Dont worry about getting big guy muscles we don't have the testosterone to do that so you wont get them, in other words make sure the weights you use are worth it, make sure you can feel that they are working and when you feel the burn push yourself to do a few more reps. if you can't feel it by the end of your reps your weights aren't heavy enough. I'm going to try and pop in here more often, at least on the weekends when I'm not studying :)

aw82797
09-14-2012, 06:15 AM
I also find that I am succeptible to fat, if I eat cheese and egg yolks than I don't see as good of a loss. if I'm stuck I try and eat fruit for my starch and stick to lower fat options

meazie
09-14-2012, 10:25 AM
I did a bad, bad thing...I am weak today. Gave in to bagels and cream cheese at work this morning. :( It's not been a good week, diet wise.

patzi
09-14-2012, 12:20 PM
I did a bad, bad thing...I am weak today. Gave in to bagels and cream cheese at work this morning. :( It's not been a good week, diet wise.

Hi... Don't beat yourself up over this, just say today is a new day and put your mind to eating on program . Also sometimes it helps to find out why you are eating these foods to make it a bad diet week. Sometimes stress, time of month, etc. do it. I am on maintenance and I tell everyone, one has to stay on program to lose the weight. If you cheat or go off, the weight will not come off.There is no getting around this. Hang in there, as it is well worth it. I swear by this diet. It does work if you work it. Hope this helps and you are on track . Good luck to you.
Patzi

jlpnebraska
09-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with hair loss? I've lost 20 pounds and have been losing hair for at least 6 weeks (I started MRC at the beginning of June). My center suggested that I take MSM and that it could help with the hair loss and also the saggy skin I've got. If you've had hair loss or taken MSM, please let me know what you've done and how it's worked!

I had been taking MRC-6, Cortitrim, and Phentratrim, but ran out of it a little over two weeks ago. I can really tell a difference without it - increased appetite, stomach feels a little bigger, mood swings, etc. - so I'm going back on it for another round. I wonder if I quick too cold turkey and will try to gradually go off when these bottles are close to done. I'll see if that makes a difference. The counselor at MRC that I see a lot has lost 80 pounds and regularly takes Cortitrim. I hadn't planned on doing that for life!! I did look for cheaper products and checked into everyone's suggestions, but I know that the MRC products worked for me and was afraid to try anything new in case they wouldn't work as well.

meazie
09-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Hi... Don't beat yourself up over this, just say today is a new day and put your mind to eating on program . Also sometimes it helps to find out why you are eating these foods to make it a bad diet week. Sometimes stress, time of month, etc. do it. I am on maintenance and I tell everyone, one has to stay on program to lose the weight. If you cheat or go off, the weight will not come off.There is no getting around this. Hang in there, as it is well worth it. I swear by this diet. It does work if you work it. Hope this helps and you are on track . Good luck to you.
Patzi

Thank, Patzi! :) Yes to stress - and probably poor planning on my part. I work full time and have two young kids. My husband is now working 5-12 so I'm single parenting a lot. It's not an excuse, just means that I have to do a better job of planning out my food and packing for the next day at work. That's my goal this weekend...to plan out for next week.

skelley331
09-14-2012, 05:27 PM
:cp::dancer::cheer3::cheer3:Had a great day today! Weighed in at my center and lost 1 lb and 3 1/2" yeah!!!! 17lbs to go to hit my goal!!!

sonnyrae
09-14-2012, 06:04 PM
I had about a month of not really following the diet. It started with a horrible week of eating on vacation. I gained ELEVEN pounds. Thankfully most of it was water weight and came off easily. Now, I'm back to steadily losing and don't ever want to do that again! It seems like I learned how to maintain though, which is good. I just don't want to maintain at 178!

I am feeling really good about myself, but I only have a month to lose 30 lbs. I doubt that will happen but I'm confident I can lose about half. Next week, hubby and I go camping near Rocky Mountain National Park. We'll have two major hikes and I'm planning the meals. It's hard though because he's gluten/dairy free and I'm sugar/(basically) carb free. I did find a low carb/dairy/gluten free peanut butter cookie I'm going to try. It's not going to be "on plan" but I know we'll need extra calories for hiking. I just don't want to binge on junk food like I did back in August (horrifying!).

meazie
09-14-2012, 06:16 PM
:cp::dancer::cheer3::cheer3:Had a great day today! Weighed in at my center and lost 1 lb and 3 1/2" yeah!!!! 17lbs to go to hit my goal!!!

Woo Hoo!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

pam745
09-14-2012, 06:33 PM

Congratulations! That is great!

cmarty
09-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Congrats to all who lost weight!

Skelley...WOO HOO girl! Keep it up!:hat:

We'll gals, I have a big announcement. I have lost a total of 21 pounds in 38 days! I can't believe it .:carrot::cp::bravo: I lost 2 and half pound this week. Listen to this. I didn't want to spend the money on Coritrim so I went to the health food store and bought Relora (For healthy coritisol levels) and I think it helped me lose and extra half pound. I had been losing only 2 pounds a week...But I will see if the extra weight loss continues next week!
I really want to get to my goal before Christmas!

meazie
09-15-2012, 10:02 AM
We'll gals, I have a big announcement. I have lost a total of 21 pounds in 38 days! I can't believe it .:carrot::cp::bravo: I lost 2 and half pound this week. Listen to this. I didn't want to spend the money on Coritrim so I went to the health food store and bought Relora (For healthy coritisol levels) and I think it helped me lose and extra half pound. I had been losing only 2 pounds a week...But I will see if the extra weight loss continues next week!

NICE!!!!! :dancer::dancer:

And thanks for the tip on the supplement.

pam745
09-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Congrats to all who lost weight!

Skelley...WOO HOO girl! Keep it up!:hat:

Awesome! I have a question about the Relora - does it have a strong smell? Im asking because I ordered the Wonderlife Super Stress Complex and the smell is so strong when I open the bottle that I can't make myself take it.

skelley331
09-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Awesome! I have a question about the Relora - does it have a strong smell? Im asking because I ordered the Wonderlife Super Stress Complex and the smell is so strong when I open the bottle that I can't make myself take it.

Awesome job! congrats on your loss! Is Relora the same as cortitrim?

cmarty
09-15-2012, 08:04 PM
It doesn't have a strong smell. I don't know how close it matches the ingredients of cortitrim.

skelley331
09-15-2012, 09:50 PM
It doesn't have a strong smell. I don't know how close it matches the ingredients of cortitrim.

How did you weigh in go, did you weigh in yesterday?

patzi
09-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...

I tried something with an HNS that was enjoyable .. I took the blue raspberry HNS, ice, sweetener( I use stevia), you really don't need it, and a can of LaCroix Coconut water and a splash of coconut extract.. This was great!!! Enjoyed it. LaCroix comes in different flavors. The orange HNS with the Orange LaCroix would probably be nice.. This afternoon will try the Peach Mango with the Coconut LaCroix. I purchased LaCroix in Publix. It was where the sparkling water aisle. I am sure any supermarket would carry it, however did not find it in Walmart.

Patzi

cmarty
09-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks Patzi ..That is a great idea!

Skelley..I lost 2 and half pounds this week. I weigh in a Fridays, in the afternoon!The great thing was I had to go buy some new clothes. My old clothes were just so baggy and falling off!:cry:

NO, I AM NOT SAD..I AM DELIGHTED! IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE GETTING SMALLER!:carrot:
Finally I have found a program that works for me!!!

pam745
09-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I was not very good this weekend. Friday night I had BBQ, bread and baked beans at a tailgate. Saturday was my son's birthday and I had birthday cake. But today was a new day. I ate on plan all day and drank as much water as I could. Hopefully I can reverse the damage before I go back to weigh in later this week.

skelley331
09-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Cmarty,

that's awesome congrats on the big loss! It's wonderful isn't it to actually find something that works!! I'm down a total of 14" and 23 1/2 lbs, only 17 more to go, yeah! They have my goal set for november the 12th, hope i make it. :carrot:

TrishaM
09-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Hello! I'm jumping in to this community - looking for support - and ready, willing & able to give support. I've lost 100 pounds on MRC (started 11/21/11). I have 50 more to go and have found myself stuck and resisting. I need a little motivation shot to the booty - so here I am!!

meazie
09-17-2012, 11:50 AM
I was not very good this weekend. Friday night I had BBQ, bread and baked beans at a tailgate. Saturday was my son's birthday and I had birthday cake. But today was a new day. I ate on plan all day and drank as much water as I could. Hopefully I can reverse the damage before I go back to weigh in later this week.

I struggled this weekend too, pam. All we can do it get back on track...and my nice co-workers brought fresh bagels to a meeting this morning - which are my total downfall! :(

rwquilts
09-17-2012, 12:24 PM
I went to my granddaughters 1st birthday Party this weekend and had limited choices for food. Did the best I could. NO cake though I did have a wine spritzer. List a pound today at WI.

sonnyrae
09-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks Patzi ..That is a great idea!

Skelley..I lost 2 and half pounds this week. I weigh in a Fridays, in the afternoon!The great thing was I had to go buy some new clothes. My old clothes were just so baggy and falling off!:cry:

NO, I AM NOT SAD..I AM DELIGHTED! IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE GETTING SMALLER!:carrot:
Finally I have found a program that works for me!!!

Cmarty - Great job! You're kicking my booty! I've lost the same amount of weight in 3 months :)

cmarty
09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Thanks Allyson,
I have made up my mind and there is no turning back! Just hang in there girl...it only comes off a few at a time...and if you detoured just jump back on the track!It sounds like you've been on vacation some and it is easy to get off track when we are wanting to just enjoy ourselves. WE CAN DO THIS!:carrot:

Welcome Tisha, You've arrived at a great place. These girls are super motivating and a great support!

Hey Skelley YOU ARE ROCKING GIRL!!...I know you will meet your goal... I am suppose to meet mine around the end of Novemeber too. I am so excited because my daughter is having her first child around that time too. I'm hoping tO LOOK GOOD IN THOSE PICTURES WITH MY NEW GRANDBABY!

cmarty
09-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Tisha,

I was just thinking what an inspiration you are, girl. If you can lose 100 lbs., the rest of that weight is going to be a piece of cake!. Losing 100 pounds is absolutely awesome! I can tell that you are really determined...and your ultimate goal is right around the corner! Keep it up!!! I can't wait to see your photos when you make it!:carrot::carrot:

skelley331
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Hello! I'm jumping in to this community - looking for support - and ready, willing & able to give support. I've lost 100 pounds on MRC (started 11/21/11). I have 50 more to go and have found myself stuck and resisting. I need a little motivation shot to the booty - so here I am!!

wow congratulations, that's awesome, you are looking great!! We are all here for support!!!:welcome:

skelley331
09-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks Allyson,
I have made up my mind and there is no turning back! Just hang in there girl...it only comes off a few at a time...and if you detoured just jump back on the track!It sounds like you've been on vacation some and it is easy to get off track when we are wanting to just enjoy ourselves. WE CAN DO THIS!:carrot:

Welcome Tisha, You've arrived at a great place. These girls are super motivating and a great support!

Hey Skelley YOU ARE ROCKING GIRL!!...I know you will meet your goal... I am suppose to meet mine around the end of Novemeber too. I am so excited because my daughter is having her first child around that time too. I'm hoping tO LOOK GOOD IN THOSE PICTURES WITH MY NEW GRANDBABY!

Cmarty we can do it!!! :carrot:

TrishaM
09-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Thank you, wonderfull women!!

camaswa
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Trisha, LOVE your pictures. What a difference! Motivation for everyone here. Thanks for posting!

The Jolly Green Bran
09-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Congrats Trisha! What an amazing accomplishment. You will hit your goal in no time. I see you're from Eugene like me! Do you go to the center over by VRC?

anjy99
09-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Congrats Trisha that's a huge accomplishment, keep going girl, you can do it!!

I'm really frustrated.. I still can't buy smaller clothes because of my darn stomach/tummy overhang.. sigh... shirts are too tight around my lower mid section as well as pants.. but everything is HUGE everywhere else. I want to cry. My shirts are so big, they show my bra unless I'm hiking it up all the time. I just want to get rid of some of this belly already!!

The Jolly Green Bran
09-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Congrats Trisha that's a huge accomplishment, keep going girl, you can do it!!

I'm really frustrated.. I still can't buy smaller clothes because of my darn stomach/tummy overhang.. sigh... shirts are too tight around my lower mid section as well as pants.. but everything is HUGE everywhere else. I want to cry. My shirts are so big, they show my bra unless I'm hiking it up all the time. I just want to get rid of some of this belly already!!

You'll get there, don't worry. I was having the same issue with my thighs being bigger so everything was loose and saggy in my hips and behind. Sometimes losing weight isn't uniform ya know? Stick to it and give it time. You've done great so far! You WILL see a change!:hug:

cmarty
09-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey,
I lost 1/1/2 pounds this week.I have lost 23 inches!!! I didn't exercise as much and I had a little ketchup,I'll try to do better next week. Going out to celebrate my birthday tonight.
:carrot:Yeh...I'm still losing! I quess that is better than nothin LOL

healthylady123
09-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Hello Everyone! I'm new to MRC. I lost 5 pounds in preconditioning:carrot:. I had my food class today and got my menu. I'm in TN and we don't have the gold,green,etc. menus. I started the MetaSlim level 2 menu. I hope you guys don't mind if I join you. I really need the support as I have a lot of weight to lose. Also where did you guys find your tickers?

healthylady123
09-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Hey,
I lost 1/1/2 pounds this week. I didn't exercise as much and I had a little ketchup,I'll try to do better next week. Going out to celebrate my birthday tonight.
:carrot:Yeh...I'm still losing! I quess that is better than nothin LOL

Yay!!Great job! It's always nice to see the scales go down :cb:

rwquilts
09-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Shord33 - welcome! You can get a ticker after you have been a member for 20 days, or something like that. I lost another pound today at WI. It's really strange that I weigh in at the gym in the morning and then weigh 2 pounds more at noon at MRC. I was so excited to see the scale at the gym read 149.2. I can't wait for the MRC scale to read like that. I only have 2 weeks left in my program and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make my goal, but I'll be close.

cmarty
09-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Congrats rwquilts. You are getting so close, girl. You are almost there!:carrot:

I've been on this almost 2 months now.. I hope I can hang in there like you have. I sure would like to be in the 140's too. It's slow to me..but at least it is coming off!

Keep it up, girl!:carrot:

Welcome shord! Congrats on the weigh loss. This is a great place to be for lots of support! Glad you joined us!

aw82797
09-22-2012, 10:54 AM
so apparently I have only lost like 2 lbs in the last 30 days :( because I keep going up a couple down a couple up a couple down a couple so today I get back to strickly menu and lower fat options (like plain egg whites instead of 2 eggs with creamy yolky center LOL) & even though my home scale showed a loss yesterday morning, I was hungry at noon and ate before going to weigh in at 1230 so I showed a 1 lb gain :( I cried in the car for a minute after :( lol. but on a plus side one of my fears has been keeping the weight off once I lose it and it seems that I have actually been maintaining this last month so that shows me that I can do it once I've finished.

welcome shord, you get a ticker once you have been here for 20 days and had at least 20 posts so join in the conversations :)

aw82797
09-22-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm also struggling with a mental thing I think because this is about the weight I've been able to get to by diet & excercise alone so Its getting over this hump and hopefully my body & mind will quit resisting :)

PianoGirl78
09-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone, it's been a couple of weeks since I have posted. I was in the process of moving and even though I ate on plan...I only lost 2.5 pounds in two weeks, but I think it was the moving the stress with moving. I have also started grad school and it is a LOT of work. I will take the 2.5 pounds though and keep on pushing! I hope to be below 200 by the end of the year! Congrats to all of the losers! We can do this! :)

pam745
09-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Congrats to eveyone for all those pounds lost! I lost 2 last week but it has been a struggle.

It's been really hard for me to eat on plan the last few weeks too. I'm not sure why. For the first 6 or 7 weeks I did not eat off plan once. It helps to know that I'm not alone with this struggle. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm just going to have to focus on one day at a time.

aw82797
09-22-2012, 09:20 PM
I also started back at college & its been since I started back that I've only lost the 2 pounds, im taking a heavy class load (trying to get into the nursing program) & working 40 hrs a week I just try to take each day as a new one & I've done well today

meazie
09-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Well, I seem to be stuck at 210 and that's ok. It happens and I'm just going to keep going. I'm giving myself kudos for making good food choices, taking my supplements, drinking lots of water, etc. I know I've lost inches and I'm getting measured tomorrow when I go in so I'm anxious to see those results.

Today, I'm delighting in the little things. I can wear a favorite Brighton bracelet and have it be a bit loose on my wrist! :cheer2:

skelley331
09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Well, I seem to be stuck at 210 and that's ok. It happens and I'm just going to keep going. I'm giving myself kudos for making good food choices, taking my supplements, drinking lots of water, etc. I know I've lost inches and I'm getting measured tomorrow when I go in so I'm anxious to see those results.

Today, I'm delighting in the little things. I can wear a favorite Brighton bracelet and have it be a bit loose on my wrist! :cheer2:

I did the same thing got stuck, then after i went for my weigh in my counselor went over my food journal and realized that i had stopped doing the MRC fruit & fiber drink with my meals, it helps me feel full and flush out my system so i started back with it and the next week i dropped 2.5 lbs, but yes the inches are coming off so you will probably be surprised at your inches lost. Good luck, i go this friday

skelley331
09-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Well as i explained earlier i went off plan over the weekend and gained 2.2 lbs well as of today i've lost that 2.2lbs and i'm back on track, i go weigh in friday so i'm hoping for a nice loss!! :wizard:

meazie
09-25-2012, 03:36 PM
I just went and I lost 3 lbs since last week...and have lost 19.5 inches since August 1st! :cheer: :cheer:

I'm only averaging 1.5 lbs/week so my consultant recommended I add in another HNS each day (I normally only do 3 but can have 5) - and some exercise too. She said those tweeks often double the weight loss. So here goes... :)

skelley331
09-25-2012, 03:46 PM
I just went and I lost 3 lbs since last week...and have lost 19.5 inches since August 1st! :cheer: :cheer:

I'm only averaging 1.5 lbs/week so my consultant recommended I add in another HNS each day (I normally only do 3 but can have 5) - and some exercise too. She said those tweeks often double the weight loss. So here goes... :)

meazie: You Rock girlfriend! It will be two wks since i've gone to weigh in this friday so maybe i'll have a big loss!! My center won't let me do no more than 4 HNS a day, wonder why the centers are different? Hmmm! :bravo:

meazie
09-25-2012, 03:52 PM
meazie: You Rock girlfriend! It will be two wks since i've gone to weigh in this friday so maybe i'll have a big loss!! My center won't let me do no more than 4 HNS a day, wonder why the centers are different? Hmmm! :bravo:

Thanks, skellley!! :)

I think it may depend on the menu/plan you are on. I'm on beige and can have up to 5 HNS/day. I think the amount might go down as your weight goes down.

I'd say that you should focus on being on track for the rest of the week, drink your water, etc - and hopefully the scale will show it. :)

skelley331
09-25-2012, 04:57 PM

I think it may depend on the menu/plan you are on. I'm on beige and can have up to 5 HNS/day. I think the amount might go down as your weight goes down.

I'd say that you should focus on being on track for the rest of the week, drink your water, etc - and hopefully the scale will show it. :)

Thanks, i plan on doing that and hope for the best!

cmarty
09-25-2012, 05:29 PM
You girls are rocking! :carrot: Congrats to everyone who lost! I didn't realize that more HNS would help with weight lost. Do you think they just say that to get you to buy more drinks?...If it really works I'll try it.

rwquilts
09-25-2012, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Do you think they just say that to get you to buy more drinks?...If it really works I'll try it.[/QUOTE]

I wondered that myself.

healthylady123
09-25-2012, 09:32 PM
I went in to weigh today and I'm down 2 more pounds from last Friday. Great job everyone on their losses so far this week.

skelley331
09-25-2012, 09:49 PM

Meazie: I have always done 3-4 but no more! That's what they told me, at one time she thought i did 5 and said that's a no no!

healthylady123
09-26-2012, 04:45 AM
Meazie: I have always done 3-4 but no more! That's what they told me, at one time she thought i did 5 and said that's a no no!

Your menu should tell you how many HNS's you can have a day. Mine says I have to have a minimum of 3 but can have a max of 5. I have way more to lose than you do though. My counselor told me that as I lose the number of HNS's that I can have will decrease as I change menus.

meazie
09-26-2012, 10:20 AM
I went in to weigh today and I'm down 2 more pounds from last Friday. Great job everyone on their losses so far this week.

:cheer: :cheer: Nice job!!

meazie
09-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Your menu should tell you how many HNS's you can have a day. Mine says I have to have a minimum of 3 but can have a max of 5. I have way more to lose than you do though. My counselor told me that as I lose the number of HNS's that I can have will decrease as I change menus.

That's what I was told as well. She said it helps to burn fat because your body processes protein easier. I'm sure they want us to buy more products too. ;) But I'm still gonna give it a try.

lovetofishandrun
09-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Just finished week 4 of stabilization and down 2 lbs.:D

aw82797
09-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Awesome lovestofish&run! I went to weigh in today & im down to my lowest weight so now to keep it up & hit that 40lb mark whichh is only 3 lbs away!

skelley331
09-26-2012, 09:47 PM

Awesome Job!!:bravo:

skelley331
09-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Awesome lovestofish&run! I went to weigh in today & im down to my lowest weight so now to keep it up & hit that 40lb mark whichh is only 3 lbs away!

congratulations!!!:carrot:

skelley331
09-26-2012, 09:49 PM

Awesome! Congrats!:cp:

TrishaM
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome - and great job everyone!

I'm down 2.5 more pounds (102.5 total) and a total of 104 inches!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOT!

TrishaM
09-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Congrats Trisha! What an amazing accomplishment. You will hit your goal in no time. I see you're from Eugene like me! Do you go to the center over by VRC?

I do go to the Eugene Center by VRC!! :carrot:

camaswa
09-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Well look at you, girl! Come join us on the maintainers thread! Congrat!

healthylady123
09-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Congrats on the losses guys:encore: Lets keep it going :flame:

skelley331
09-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Well tomorrow is my weigh in day wish me luck! I feel pretty good about it so far! Yeah!! :dancer:

skelley331
09-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Okay I posted earlier that i go weigh in tomorrow, unfortunately i'm almost out of the MRC-6 and Cortitrim and I don't have the extra $$ to purchase because i need to buy more HNS drinks, so i will be going forward without the MRC-6 and Cortitrim so i'm hoping it doesn't jepordize my journey, i see alot of people who still lose just doing the oils and vitamins along with the HNS. I will keep you posted on how it goes. Scary but eventually you come off of everything so we'll see how i do. Wish me luck!! :eek:

cmarty
09-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Skelley..good luck

You girls are all doing great! Congrats!:carrot::carrot:

skelley331
09-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Skelley..good luck

You girls are all doing great! Congrats!:carrot::carrot:

Thanks cmarty: I'll post my results tomorrow!

healthylady123
09-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Good luck Skelley. I weigh in tomorrow too so wish me luck as well.
By the way, I tried the Texas Chili tonight and I thought it was pretty good. It was a nice change from fish and chicken that's for sure.

skelley331
09-28-2012, 12:56 PM
I weighed in this morning at the center and I was down 2.9 pounds Yahoo!!!:carrot:

notquittingthistime
09-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Good job everyone! Keep up the good work!!

cmarty
09-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Skelley.....wooo...hoooo girl...you really did it this week!:carrot::carrot:

Congrats to everyone else too!

I lost 2 pounds this week.

meazie
09-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Way to go skelley and cmarty!!! :cheer: :cheer:

JodiH
09-28-2012, 06:52 PM
I received my 75 pound bracelet today!!! I actually only have 4.5 pounds to go to my goal weight, but think I need to do 5 more so I will have lost an even 80.

healthylady123
09-28-2012, 07:49 PM
I weighed in this morning at the center and I was down 2.9 pounds Yahoo!!!:carrot:

Congrats on your loss Skelley.

I'm down another pound for a total loss of 3 pounds this week....wooohooo:D:carrot:

healthylady123
09-28-2012, 07:50 PM
I received my 75 pound bracelet today!!! I actually only have 4.5 pounds to go to my goal weight, but think I need to do 5 more so I will have lost an even 80.

Good job Jodi! I can't wait to be where you are.

healthylady123
09-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Skelley.....wooo...hoooo girl...you really did it this week!:carrot::carrot:

Congrats to everyone else too!

I lost 2 pounds this week.

Congrats on your loss this week Cmarty:carrot:

cmarty
09-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Shord and Jodi...You gals are rocking! Keep up the great weight loss.:carrot::carrot:

patzi
09-29-2012, 07:20 AM

How wonderful..You be very proud of yourself as you have done an awesome job. When I hit maintenance, I went 5 pounds under goal, which was my preference,as I wanted it as a buffer in the event I gained 1-2 pounds, and I am very glad I did. Good luck to you.
Congrats to all those that have lost weight.
Patzi

notquittingthistime
09-29-2012, 01:05 PM
I am so excited!! I weigh less than I have in about 20 years. I lost 6 pounds last week for a total of 50!! Not sure what I did differently this week to have such a big loss.

pam745
09-29-2012, 01:56 PM

Congratulations! That is awesome!!

healthylady123
09-29-2012, 02:36 PM
I am so excited!! I weigh less than I have in about 20 years. I lost 6 pounds last week for a total of 50!! Not sure what I did differently this week to have such a big loss.

Congrats notquittingthistime:carrot: You are doing wonderful. Do you go to the Murfreesboro Center?

cmarty
09-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Congrats notquittting this time...and Jodi You girls are doing fabulous!:carrot:

notquittingthistime
09-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Congrats notquittingthistime:carrot: You are doing wonderful. Do you go to the Murfreesboro Center?
Thanks - and yes I do. They are great!

JodiH
09-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks, everyone. This has been a slow process for me. It will soon be a year and I have been a slow, but steady loser. I did buy extra weeks during a special they ran, and did the contests that gave me free extra weeks. I would like to go about 5 pounds under my goal, but I don't know if I can stick with it that much longer. My contract runs out in November, and I am going to lose all I can until then. I did not have my veggies for lunch and have been hungry - or had the munchies - the rest of the day. So, I drank some extra Super Fruit/Veggie while ago. Hope that does the trick!

healthylady123
09-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks - and yes I do. They are great!

That is the center that I go to as well. They all seem really nice and helpful so far and they don't try to push me to buy a lot of stuff as others have mentioned which is a plus.

meazie
09-30-2012, 03:50 PM
I like my scale at home so much better than at the center. I know it's the difference of weighing first thing in the morning without the extra weight of clothes, etc. So I'm following that scale. Yes, it all balances out in the end with the scale at the center...but mine is more motivating.

Down another lb this morning! :cb:

skelley331
09-30-2012, 05:04 PM
I like my scale at home so much better than at the center. I know it's the difference of weighing first thing in the morning without the extra weight of clothes, etc. So I'm following that scale. Yes, it all balances out in the end with the scale at the center...but mine is more motivating.

Down another lb this morning! :cb:

Meazie i agree, i always way myself at home when i get up in the mornings, then i go to the center at 9:00 am and by the time i get weighed their scale is always 1-1/2 to 2lbs higher! So i go by my scale even though they tell me theirs is the one they go by.

meazie
09-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Meazie i agree, i always way myself at home when i get up in the mornings, then i go to the center at 9:00 am and by the time i get weighed their scale is always 1-1/2 to 2lbs higher! So i go by my scale even though they tell me theirs is the one they go by.

They can follow their own scale for the program/tracking, etc...but I follow my scale because it's more motivating! :)

healthylady123
09-30-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm so excited that I completed Day 1 of Couch to 5k. It was so hard for me because I am so out of shape and am carrying around so much extra weight. It will definitely take me more than 9 weeks to complete but I intend to finish it. I think as an incentive I will sign up for a 5k around April or May.

skelley331
09-30-2012, 09:05 PM
They can follow their own scale for the program/tracking, etc...but I follow my scale because it's more motivating! :)

ME TOO!!!! ;)