Atkins - Halloween Challenge

View Full Version : Halloween Challenge

davematthewsband
09-03-2012, 11:53 AM
With everyone fresh off their successful (or almost successful) Labor Day Challenge, I thought I'd keep that great momentum going with a Halloween Challenge!

That gives us a little over 8 weeks to hit our next personal goal.

For me, I would love to be in the 220s, and would feel amazingly successful if I could dip into the 210s.

That would be between 8 and 18 lbs. down and I would be very happy!

Best of luck on everyone's individual challenges - we can do this!!!

Brandis
09-03-2012, 01:08 PM
I want to finally be at 160 so I can decide if that's where I'm going to stay.

CIELOARGE
09-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I would like to join and my goal will be 140. I would love to see anything in the 130's but I willbe super happy with 140 ;)

ultrapeaches
09-03-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm going to lose my last 9lbs and reach my goal of 140.

TiffNeedsChange
09-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Yay! My goal is to be at 235-240. :)

rho1640
09-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Yay Thanks for starting the Halloween Challenge ... I'm getting my act back together and not having anymore eating temper tantrums because I can't get anyone to come hook up my new stove and put in the new hood - It's a beautiful kitchen sculpture even if I cant stinking cook yet! :devil::devil::mad::mad: Yes I can still be mad about it but I will not turn to stupid carbs because of it - it happened too easily.

So my challenge is -- to stay on plan totally for the challenge and to exercise each day . And lose 10 lbs .... which will safely get me out of the blasted 2 numbers with room to spare...

AnaBee
09-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Rho, I can't believe you still haven't had it set up, it's crazy. You poor thing, I can understand the tantrums!

Thanks for setting up the challenge Dave.

luckylindy
09-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for setting up the change Dave!

Everyone has some really good, and realistic goals - I LOVE IT! Good job girls!

I am shooting for 170 by Halloween. :-)

rho1640
09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Rho, I can't believe you still haven't had it set up, it's crazy. You poor thing, I can understand the tantrums!

Thanks for setting up the challenge Dave.

Not only is it not set up yet - you can't get anyone to even return calls to come look at it ..... I've heard this from other people but never really believed it -

fatklr
09-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Cool...I'll join in! My goal is to lose at least 26 pounds by Halloween.

AnaBee
09-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Not only is it not set up yet - you can't get anyone to even return calls to come look at it ..... I've heard this from other people but never really believed it -

It's just nuts. Especially when we hear about people being out of work, or having less work... here it is!!

I'm still thinking what I want to make my goal. I don't think I'll go for a number.

sheski
09-06-2012, 01:02 AM
It's just nuts. Especially when we hear about people being out of work, or having less work... here it is!!

I'm still thinking what I want to make my goal. I don't think I'll go for a number.

Wow! You do understand that not all of us unemployed, out of work ex-machinists and laborers have certifications to play with natural gas, right? You cannot be so nasty out of ignorance, it has to be just plain old insensitivity.

Her warranties and possibly her homeowners insurance would be in jeopardy if she called just any Tom, Dick or Harry to hook it up.

It is terrible that her stove and kitchen are not put together like they should have been weeks ago, but it really isn't an excuse to bash the people like me who are out of work due to shop and plant closures and jobs being sent overseas. This is supposed to be a safe positive place to get support for losing weight, not another place to be ridiculed by people.

I was going to ask for advice on a goal to set but when I read your post it made me feel like giving up and going back to the pasta that I can afford. And don't worry your taxes aren't paying for me I mortgaged my home and using loans that will be repaid to go back to school, but not to learn how to become certified to hook up natural gas lines. I won't be back for awhile.:mad:

luckylindy
09-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Wow Sheski -I read and reread where you thought that comment was insensitive and ignorant but I just cant figure it out??? We are dealing with an unemployed household where my DBF was in the construction industry and I am working 2 jobs to support our family of 5 and STILL did not read into it like that. Just my personal thought and it is not an attack on anyone but it was a very generalized comment and I dont think anyone should be offended unless is was specifically directed at them.

On a HAPPIER note because that is what this place is suppose to be...a happy forum for SUPPORT, I got my P90x in yesterday. Yay! I am seeing the bloat results of going off Atkins and calorie counting but I am ok with it. I feel less stressed.

The weekend is quickly approaching...what does everyone have planned? With the weather getting cooler, is anyone changing their workouts to outdoor activities?

AnaBee
09-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Wow! You do understand that not all of us unemployed, out of work ex-machinists and laborers have certifications to play with natural gas, right? You cannot be so nasty out of ignorance, it has to be just plain old insensitivity.

Her warranties and possibly her homeowners insurance would be in jeopardy if she called just any Tom, Dick or Harry to hook it up.

It is terrible that her stove and kitchen are not put together like they should have been weeks ago, but it really isn't an excuse to bash the people like me who are out of work due to shop and plant closures and jobs being sent overseas. This is supposed to be a safe positive place to get support for losing weight, not another place to be ridiculed by people.

I was going to ask for advice on a goal to set but when I read your post it made me feel like giving up and going back to the pasta that I can afford. And don't worry your taxes aren't paying for me I mortgaged my home and using loans that will be repaid to go back to school, but not to learn how to become certified to hook up natural gas lines. I won't be back for awhile.:mad:

Sheski, I'm so sorry if I caused offense and upset but that really wasn't my intention. I've known Rho for nearly a year now from various challenges and was sympathising with her because she's just not getting calls back (we were talking about this on a previous thread) and I could relate because that happened with my friend - he'd call plumbers etc and just not get any reply at all. I don't at all think that other out of work people should be jumping up to do a job that they are not qualified for, but if someone is advertising a service, they should respond to people seeking that service and if they are overwhelmed with work, then they could hire additional (qualified) staff to meet demand. I'm sure there must be some out of work people who are qualified and who would like to be taken on by the people who didn't get back to my friend, or to Rho.

I meant no insult at all towards people who are out of work and I'm really sorry if it came across like that to you. It sounds like you've had an awful lot of stress in your life and I hate to think I've contributed further.

While we're sharing feelings I'll say that I'm feeling really upset about your comment calling me nasty and insensitive. We use these threads as a place to chat about our day to day lives and I'm kind of stunned to be attacked like this.

Please come back and talk about goals. Turning to pasta if you're mad isn't going to help out at all.

And I'm really sorry you had to mortgage your house to go back to school. I wish you didn't have to do that. I would never begrudge taxes to support education. I am not in the US so my tax situation is irrelevant but I believe in a strong social safety net.

ETA. Thanks for your support LuckyLindy and yay about the P90x. I've read about that but not really sure what it's about. Do you need a lot of space? I have a tiny apartment.

rho1640
09-08-2012, 02:26 AM
wow guys sorry this turned into this -- Actually though I am calling qualified licensed people to do the jobs and I don't think expecting a call back is too much to ask -- and the carpenter/contractor is a friend and he is going thru a bad patch too - he is on the verge of losing his house and I also know he isn't busy but we didn't expect him to drop everything or come right over or a discount on the price or anything -- but a call back would be appreciated. - From anyone - even if it is to say we are busy now and it will be a month before we can come .. I'm sure your post sheski was made because you are frustrated and worried and took what was said in a way no one else saw it ... and in a way it wasn't meant at all - I really hope you re-read it when you are in a better frame of mind and you realize that - and also realize your post to AnaBee was harsh -- I hope you didn't go and dive into carbs - and you come back to set a goal to join in the Halloween Challenge ..

We were supposed to go to a party at the ocean tomorrow night - outside - and I looked at the weather report - 50-70% chance or rain during the day and thunderstorms at night - oh joy - the thing is the party will go on because it is the after party for an annual antique FD muster - and the parking lot of the beach is where all the campers park and it is the one chance during the year to see people who have been coming to this to compete - even from other states for over 25 years. It is a put out food on tables and wander around and see people party - and it can't be rescheduled ... oh well if it rains my hair just gets curlier - as long as the temps stay up and it isn't thunderstorms it should be ok.

Lindy I was wondering - our tourist season is almost over (weekends now till it gets cold) does it get busier down there now is it the beginning of your tourist season. I'm thinking you are in Fla -- I could be totally wrong.

Serenity100
09-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm in! Minimum five pounds. No buying Halloween candy, I'll give pretzels.

Rho I hope you get your stove hooked up soon. I always had gas and we simply replaced one with the other. Perhaps the place where you bought it can recommend someone.

Lindy- you go girl, with that P90X! You are going to be one hot mama before you know it.

Sheski- this is a drama free thread, we are like a small family here. I don't understand your post either.

AnaB - don't feel bad for trying to make Rho feel better.

To everyone else - we can do this! We are never giving up, just step away from the carbs. lol:D

rho1640
09-08-2012, 11:57 PM
how close was the tornado to you today - the picture from the Belt they were showing on tv was incredible!

we have a call into one person who is away - I've had a few people mention this guy - and that he will call for sure when he gets home they are sure of it. So will wait on him.

went to a party at the ocean tonight - the weather held off for us until we were driving home-had a cloud burst when we were on main street - then it stopped and the next one was right after we got in the house -- our luck held out great.
Ate the innards of a piece of an Italian Hero and a green salad - and drank water - Stayed away from all the yummy stuff on on my plan - and even said not to the little girl bringing around the dessert she made - I felt evil saying no to her :^: I just explained that I couldn't eat sugar but that it looked delicious!

I'm in! Minimum five pounds. No buying Halloween candy, I'll give pretzels.

Rho I hope you get your stove hooked up soon. I always had gas and we simply replaced one with the other. Perhaps the place where you bought it can recommend someone.

Lindy- you go girl, with that P90X! You are going to be one hot mama before you know it.

Sheski- this is a drama free thread, we are like a small family here. I don't understand your post either.

AnaB - don't feel bad for trying to make Rho feel better.

To everyone else - we can do this! We are never giving up, just step away from the carbs. lol:D

AnaBee
09-09-2012, 02:54 AM
I'm glad you stayed on plan at your party rho and yikes about the weather, I remember you saying the forecast wasn't great but didn't put that together with the tornado news!

Serenity, with halloween is it just the one night that you need candy on hand to give out? If so, don't buy it ahead of time and destroy anything you dont' give away!

davematthewsband
09-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Hi everyone! I'm entering a crazy couple of weeks and am gonna need extra "no carb" thoughts from all of you great supporters! My hubby's bday is Tuesday, my eldest daughter's 5th bday is Wednesday, I have a work trip Thursday, my daughter's bday party is Saturday, we have two concerts the following week (2 rare date nights and both in one week - yay!) and then a long weekend family trip/anniversary celebration the following weekend. WHEW!! There will be MANY cakes and other temptations, but I'm remaining focused on the Halloween Challenge (and beyond)! I think this is what it is really about - a true life change involves living your life and all that comes with it while remaining strong and making good decisions always. Wish me luck everyone!!!

Serenity100
09-09-2012, 04:13 PM
:)You can do it! Just have a plan, what you are going to order/eat. Maybe pack some snacks. Even an Atkins bar is better than a piece of cake if you don't want to watch everyone eat. And on date night you can have one drink if you are on owl.
Hi everyone! I'm entering a crazy couple of weeks and am gonna need extra "no carb" thoughts from all of you great supporters! My hubby's bday is Tuesday, my eldest daughter's 5th bday is Wednesday, I have a work trip Thursday, my daughter's bday party is Saturday, we have two concerts the following week (2 rare date nights and both in one week - yay!) and then a long weekend family trip/anniversary celebration the following weekend. WHEW!! There will be MANY cakes and other temptations, but I'm remaining focused on the Halloween Challenge (and beyond)! I think this is what it is really about - a true life change involves living your life and all that comes with it while remaining strong and making good decisions always. Wish me luck everyone!!!

fatklr
09-10-2012, 10:39 AM
13 pounds down (in a week), 13 more to go!

I know the 13 pound weight loss is water weight because it was my first week on induction, but it sure does look good on the scale!!! Hopefully I can maintain a steady 3-5 pound weight loss per week moving forward!!! :)

davematthewsband
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Woo hoo, fatklr!!! That's amazing work!!!! And love your profile pic :)

My own personal triump is finally losing 1 lb. after a 10-day hold. I lost 12.5 lbs. during my 2-week induction and seemed to get stuck there.

I know from experience this is common so I remained steadfast and focused, but HECK it is nice to finally see that scale moving again!

I've got this Halloween Challenge beat!! :-)

Summer2010
09-12-2012, 11:59 AM
I am in!
CW 194.4
GW 190.0
Good luck everyone! I am re-starting Induction tomorrow!

Serenity100
09-12-2012, 06:49 PM
:carrot: Totally Awesome! You go girl.
13 pounds down (in a week), 13 more to go!

I know the 13 pound weight loss is water weight because it was my first week on induction, but it sure does look good on the scale!!! Hopefully I can maintain a steady 3-5 pound weight loss per week moving forward!!! :)

AnaBee
09-13-2012, 01:10 AM
Hope you're going well on induction summer. I am feeling great (well, food wise, Ive had a cold/virus again I can't shake but staying on track with food). I love how fast the weight comes off at the start. I got up to 201 again but this morning I was at 196.2, down from 199.2 on Monday.

I think my goal will be eating clean every day and to track every day. The tracking is esp important as I am realising I actually eat really low cal when I go into ketosis and I don't want to do that too many days in a row.

rho1640
09-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Hope you're going well on induction summer. I am feeling great (well, food wise, Ive had a cold/virus again I can't shake but staying on track with food). I love how fast the weight comes off at the start. I got up to 201 again but this morning I was at 196.2, down from 199.2 on Monday.

I think my goal will be eating clean every day and to track every day. The tracking is esp important as I am realising I actually eat really low cal when I go into ketosis and I don't want to do that too many days in a row.

yay -- not on the sick part but on the weight party --- hope you are feeling better by now

went to our grand-nephews birthday party today and did great - but I did split a piece of cake with the hubs - some things are tradition and I didn't eat a whole piece or more than one piece - just split it - so learning future skills to help in the forever part of this plan :p

Laurlie
09-17-2012, 10:55 AM
My goal - be below 190 by Halloween. I'm going to set up my ticker now!

CIELOARGE
09-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Uff... Bad, bad weekend! I ate what I shouldn't and I paid the price with horrible stomach pains... Haven't check the scale because I only weight on Fridays.

Taking it easy this week with food. No more getting off program for me!!!

I am at 151 (before the weekend lol) 11lbs to go to reach my Halloween goal!

Laurlie
09-17-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm excited! I won't weigh again until Sunday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck!

rho1640
09-18-2012, 12:44 AM
you will do great -

I dropped a can on my foot and I have a feeling I may have broken a bone in it going by the amount of pain and how pretty the bruise is --

AnaBee
09-18-2012, 06:39 AM
Hi everyone! I ate not great today and yesterday but still pretty low carb. No grains or anything though I had ketchup and heaps of Greek yoghurt. I guess I'm in a pretty good place when those are the worst! Oh and I had an orange that I found in the back of the fridge, lol. I must've lost it there just befor I started induction a week ago.

Rho, you poor thing!! Ice, rest, elevation and you should prob get an x ray. I don't know if compression helps any for on top of the feet stuff. My niece stood on my foot in spike heels at a wedding in July and geez did that hurt so I really feel for you. Still does a bit but I think I got lucky and didn't break anything and I really hope you are as lucky too!

Laurlie
09-18-2012, 10:43 AM
I dropped a can on my foot and I have a feeling I may have broken a bone in it going by the amount of pain and how pretty the bruise is --

I hope you didn't! Are you alright?

rho1640
09-19-2012, 12:08 AM
I hope you didn't! Are you alright?

it's sore - and I jammed it under a bag that hubs is filling for a show this weekend - against something HARD in the bag - so now I have a new huge bruise coming up on top of the other bruise or would that be under the other bruise --- I literally saw stars when it happened - and was not a happy camper at all.... :mad:

But (patting myself on my back) I didn't dive into a boat load of hostess cupcakes -- or carbs - my normal old reaction...

rho1640
09-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Hi everyone! I ate not great today and yesterday but still pretty low carb. No grains or anything though I had ketchup and heaps of Greek yoghurt. I guess I'm in a pretty good place when those are the worst! Oh and I had an orange that I found in the back of the fridge, lol. I must've lost it there just befor I started induction a week ago.

Rho, you poor thing!! Ice, rest, elevation and you should prob get an x ray. I don't know if compression helps any for on top of the feet stuff. My niece stood on my foot in spike heels at a wedding in July and geez did that hurt so I really feel for you. Still does a bit but I think I got lucky and didn't break anything and I really hope you are as lucky too!

I eat ketchup sometimes - mostly I use the low sugar but occasionally I need to do some cocktail sauce and I won't waste it on that so I just take the hit. And they say that yogurt isn't bad really ... and is really good for us ...

I'm keeping it elevated and trying to stay off it and for sure not jamming it in shoes right now -- I won't bother to go get x-rays unless it gets worse over time- or goes numb or something - nothing they really can do so don't need the expense of it. I have put some DMSO on it and will again in a bit ... that may help with swelling and keep the bruising down at least ..

Are you starting to feel human again?

rho1640
09-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi all - we have gotten really quiet - I'm doing sucky diet wise -- but hopefully will get back on this weekend .. my stove may be hooked up tomorrow :carrot::D fingers crossed .... today will be my last eating out hurrah and it will be pizza from a new place in town - may as well make it something yummy for the last meal huh?

Foot is still colorful but feeling a little better -

Hope everyone is doing great

rho1640
09-21-2012, 01:37 PM
so it wasn't the awesome pizza last night - it was hot dogs and 1 roll -- better but not perfect ..... and they are working on the gas line today!!! I have planned for the weekend - after all I have to test it right --- a pork roast, chicken wings, bacon, stuffed peppers, roasted veg .... I'm tentatively excited - won't be totally excited till they are done ...

rho1640
09-21-2012, 05:19 PM
I have a stove :carrot::carrot::carrot::D:D:D

can you tell I am excited -- cooking off the new in the oven right now :D:D

Serenity100
09-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Yay Rho!:dancer: Hope you cook up some delicious low carb recipes.

I have a stove :carrot::carrot::carrot::D:D:D

can you tell I am excited -- cooking off the new in the oven right now :D:D

rho1640
09-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Yay Rho!:dancer: Hope you cook up some delicious low carb recipes.

Doing bacon now - then chicken wings, then a pork roast -- tomorrow is Lasagna stuffed peppers -- and I'm steaming up some eggs too -- all stuff to help me get totally back on track after my carb meltdown last week :o

Serenity100
09-22-2012, 03:19 PM
:chef: Whoa, I want that lasagna stuffed pepper recipe, please.

I'm going to try to post more often but the beginning of the school year is really cray cray. The only good thing is that I think I burn lots of calories and don't think about eating because Im so busy.:dizzy:

Doing bacon now - then chicken wings, then a pork roast -- tomorrow is Lasagna stuffed peppers -- and I'm steaming up some eggs too -- all stuff to help me get totally back on track after my carb meltdown last week :o

AnaBee
09-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Huh, my post got eaten, I dropped by yesterday to say YAY! Rho, that's so awesome you have a stove at last. You'll be on track again in no time :-)

I read a really interesting low carb book yesterday called Low Carb 101 by Jenny Ruhl. She looked at a lot of research and also considered her experiences (and those of others) in the online low carb community. It gave me a lot to think about.

Laurlie
09-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Yay to Rho for the stove! That's great news!

Only 12 more pounds to go before Halloween. How are we doing?

rho1640
09-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I doubt I will make the challenge -- but I will keep on trying --

Doing a pork roast today ... the peppers will be tomorrow - the recipe is on Linda's Low Carb recipe site .. here is a link (hope that is ok on here)

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/lasagna_stuffed_peppers.html

I think I may have that in ebook - I need to look -- I've been knitting knitting knitting my fingers off -- does that count as exercise?? Better get back to it - trying to do a shawl for someone who just started chemo.

have a great day everyone

Serenity100
09-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks Rho! The pepper lasagna looks delish! I am going to get the ingredients tomorrow and make it. Whole milk ricotta! Yum:hun:

My goal was so low, just to lose the five I gained over the summer. I think I can do it, we have a month!

rho1640
09-25-2012, 10:10 AM
well I am actually inching down in weight - dare I hope that my stall has broken -- As much as I know I should have expected it even earlier - it was really starting to get to me ... Now I hope I get back on track losing a lb a week -- oh please let me get back on track ;)

I actually put off my peppers until today - have someone coming over to pick up an item they bought over the weekend at the show - so once they leave I can start cooking ... I like to get the main parts together so all I need to do is throw it in the oven later - that was my fathers teaching --

We can do it -- or get close at least - :dizzy: I know you can do it - I only question me - because I am praying that my stall is over and I actually stand a chance of making it

Laurlie
09-26-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm pulling for you!

rho1640
09-29-2012, 09:31 PM
wow we are quiet - I thought the summer would be quiet and was surprised -- how is everyone doing ... Still stalled .... :^: but plugging along I know it will let lose eventually ..

Laurlie
09-30-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm down another two...10 more to go. Hope I can get there!

davematthewsband
09-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Congrats to everyone slowly plugging along on our marathon towards better health! I must share that I've been very proud of myself for making it through two family birthdays, 1 Pump it Up party, 1 family vacation, and 1 family get-together without consuming a single sweet treat. Not a 'cookie monster' (2 cookies with frosting in between - decorated with eyes, etc.), not a clown cone from Baskin Robbins, not a delicious piece of butter cream-frosted sheet cake, not a chunk of double-decker marble cake with sprinkles around the edge, nothing from the onsite bakery at our vacation site - including warm from-scratch donuts with sugar coating, not a single scoop of ice cream anywhere, and not even a cupcake from the Cupcake Truck that was parked outside of my office on Thursday. Not. a. bite! I just knew that if I fell once, it would be all over with - because I could justify each and every bite (my child's 5th birthday, my anniversary, a food truck) ;-)

Progress remains slow, but it does continue. I'm 18 total pounds down, so I'll definitely make the top end of my goal (I was hoping to be into the 220s at the highest with a hail mary goal of dipping into the 210s).

As of tomorrow morning, we're still 31 LONG DAYS until Halloween and plenty of time for all of us to make the best progress we can make in that time. In the end, anything but gaining is truly a victory - and any pounds loss is icing on the sugar-free, coconut flour, splenda-filled cake!

We can do this!!

rho1640
10-01-2012, 12:44 AM
You are doing great -- both of you!!

I just want to see some downward movement at this point :devil::dizzy:

rho1640
10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
don't want to jinx myself but down .4 today :carrot::carrot::D:dizzy:

now to keep that up until I hit goal :^:

ultrapeaches
10-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I think 9 lbs was a bit ambitious, as I only lost 2 in September. Still, if I drop another 2 lbs before Halloween I'd feel like a success. Those last 10 are so hard! Plus I already look (and feel) pretty good, so it's hard for me to stay motivated to lose. I probably eat a bit too much SO Delicious brand no-sugar-added coconut milk ice cream, but I don't mind going slowly - I don't feel deprived at all anymore.
I have my yearly check up next month, and I'm super pumped to see how my cholesterol has improved. And to make my NP delete "Chronic Condition - Obesity" from my chart.

rho1640
10-03-2012, 01:14 AM
wow you are doing great - and you are right those last few pounds are a stinker and take forever -- but Losing 2 lbs in a month when you are this close is great!

Can't wait to hear your results after the doctor visit!

Heck I have a loooong way to go and I only lost 2.2 lbs in September -- so you are really really doing great and I am envious

Laurlie
10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm still plugging along! I hope everyone is well!

rho1640
10-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I think the stuck is done -- now to keep losing till I get to goal :dizzy::^::D

rho1640
10-05-2012, 09:40 AM
YAY --weight:carrot: still going down daily ;)

Laurlie
10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Now I'm stuck! lol

I think it's contagious. Haha!

rho1640
10-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Now I'm stuck! lol

I think it's contagious. Haha!

Just keep plugging along -- it will break -- mine lasted all summer :devil: but I have lost 5.6 lbs this week -- major Whoosh :D:D:D

AnaBee
10-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Wow, that's great!!!

I am back on track! I'm focussing more on what I eat and I'm experimenting on no dairy. I basically eat low carb paleo but not quite as low carb as before. It's working really well, no cravings, I'm down 6 pounds in a bit over a week and I get to eat things I missed. Ive given up dairy except butter for a month and tragically I feel amazingly better, I will experiment with re introducing it but right now I don't think it's a good idea. Ah well.

rho1640
10-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Wow, that's great!!!

I am back on track! I'm focussing more on what I eat and I'm experimenting on no dairy. I basically eat low carb paleo but not quite as low carb as before. It's working really well, no cravings, I'm down 6 pounds in a bit over a week and I get to eat things I missed. Ive given up dairy except butter for a month and tragically I feel amazingly better, I will experiment with re introducing it but right now I don't think it's a good idea. Ah well.

Yay on the losses but boo on the dairy ;)

davematthewsband
10-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Yay - after one of the craziest months ever (4 family birthdays, visit from the parents, anniversary, family vacation, work/fun trip to Vegas), I can finally proudly say I've hit the top end of my Halloween goal!! I slipped ever so slightly down into the 220s (hello, old friend - miss me?!)! My lofty goal was blowing through my 220s and dipping into the 210s, however my progress has been SLOW! But progress nonetheless!

20 pounds in exactly 10 weeks. The "healthy" 2 lbs/week average and SO much happier and more satisfied than any of my low cal attempts along the way.

I can proudly say it really feels like a lifestyle change now. I don't even think about it - I gravitate towards the things I can eat and avoid the others. It has kind of helped not having a specific end date in mind (like when I Atkins-awayed 50 lbs before my wedding (and put 70 back on). My mentality is always all or nothing and when I break, I break hard.

It's a marathon for me this time, not a sprint - and many miles to go before I sleep - but very, very happy at this stage.

Best of luck to everyone plugging away at their own personal goals!

AnaBee
10-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Stay safe everyone - I know there are a bunch of you in Sandy's path. Take care!!

ultrapeaches
10-31-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm down to 145. I lost four pounds during this Halloween challenge.

AnaBee
10-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Yay Ultrapeaches! Way to go! You've done an awesome job - so close to your goal, how are you feeling?

ultrapeaches
11-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Good. I am fairly indifferent to the last 5 lbs. My husband has lost 80 lbs and is done loosing and talks constantly about pizza and stuff with wheat. He's done dieting and wants to stop eating like he's on a diet. I am like "this is just how we live now, deal with it." He liked losing but doesn't have any motivation for maintenance. So that is why I am still on the forum - I have to stay doubly motivated.

Violet73
11-01-2012, 11:48 AM
what is the next challenge? Thanksgiving or Christmas? I'm never good at following these challenges, but I've been back on plan and I'm ready to chat about it LOL!

AnaBee
11-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I hear maintenance is super hard. I always thought that losing was the hard part and that how could it be anything but wonderful to get to goal, but then, I've had trouble even maintaining the weight that I've lost so far (or rather, have totally regained, grrr). So I think sticking around to stay motivated is a good plan.

Violet, either sounds good - maybe New Years to give us a bit more time than Thanksgiving would and so no one feels excluded by the mention of Christmas?

Violet73
11-05-2012, 11:30 AM
sounds good AnaBee! I'll start a new thread!

CIELOARGE
11-06-2012, 12:34 AM
I didn't make it :( mostly because I didn't really diet during that time . I guess what matters is that I didn't gain any weight :rolleyes:

rho1640
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
I got close - but didn't make it -- heading over to the new challenge thread