South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday Morning Labor Day Beach Chat!!!

Good morning, everybody. I know a lot of you still have today left on your extended weekend, but it's back to work for me today. HOWEVER, I had an awesome weekend full of lots of fun, so it's worth the trade off.

Anybody got any experience w/ cooking lamb??? I love it so much, but I've never tried to cook it at home. I think I remember hearing that it's super easy to overcook if you're not careful.

So what's everybody got on tap for their Labor Day??? I'll be working, so nothing exciting for me.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Natasha, I just love seeing you have started the Daily. It still feels like the long weekend to me. Even though I'm retired, I still look forward to weekends! What cut of lamb do you have? I'm a pretty experienced lamb cook so may be able to help.

Yesterday sort of fell apart but I did enjoy having lunch with the Hyper Pypers. John left me his truck when they took off for the island and laughed when he told me to use it. He was astonished to hear that I can drive a manual with a stick shift. Silly boy! I wish it were not a stat holiday so I could load it up and take it to the Dump.

The dogs were really good last night, each curled in its own bed in the back room, and not a whimper until 6 this morning. They are very well-behaved dogs when with me which astonishes the Pypers. Bailey was one of my puppies so worships me and Casey is a wimp of a hound so there is no problem. I wish humans got along as well as dogs!

So not much accounting will get done today but I'll take a stab at it. (I did get the Mill bills paid yesterday.) I just may take some hand-sewing and a book and spend time on the back deck enjoying the dregs of summer. What's up with you?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Natasha! I'm glad you had a nice weekend before work again. (I just had to work the whole weekend)

Ruth, I knew before reading you would know about the lamb! What a nice morning for you with the pups both sleeping in!

Me, been doing small projects but got over 8 hours of sleep, which feels great! Work at 7....I need to head downstairs for more coffee!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I've never cooked lamb, but I imagine you'd cook it much like a pork roast, being very careful not to overcook it.

I'm enjoying my coffee on this rainy morning while Carley is curled up beside me playing the 2012 Summer Olympic Games on the Wii. It didn't take long to get that on the market. I'm sure Monica and Caite will be downstairs soon since we have to leave here at 8:15 to drop Caite off at work on the way to my house since her car is in the shop.

I'm not sure what today's plans for supper will be since it's raining, and Monica will have to leave early so she can pick up Caite at 5. We'll probably just have a late lunch and those who are hungry this evening can pick at leftovers.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Sorry I've been MIA, it's been a busy few days. First there was camping at the ocean (perfect weather, fantastic lobster, and a blue moon over Gloucester Harbor). Then it was back to the video store gig and some family stuff. Today I'm off to breakfast and kayaking then dropping back into real life, chores, laundry and work prep for the week.

My top priority - getting 100% back on plan, including exercise!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Natasha I am no help in the lamb department. I actually bring lamb with me to my parents as they cannot get leg of lamb by them.

Ruth my doggies are so good when it's just me, they tend to get jealous of two legged intruders. lol. They are overly friendly, but mommy is not to be shared

Cottage, whatevered happened to marketing new games at the holidays. Games and movies seem to be released on a daily basis

Debbie glad you are getting better sleep!

Cyndi glad to see you back

As for me an uneventful day in store. The weather does not look like it wants to cooperate for an outdoor ride. We do need some rain, so I won't omplain. Went to the movies and saw The Odd Life of Timithy Green. What a heart warming movie. Oh yes I cried, even my friend Meredith did which is rare. She is 8 years younger than me so her hormones are pretty stable lol

Well coffee and smoothie time followed up by spinning. Maybe I will read later too. Hope your Monday is enjoyable
Old 09-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Natasha glad you had a good weekend, I have never cooked lamb.

Ruth sounds like you had an enjoyable day yesterday

Debbie I slept in today as well and it felt great

Cottage enjoy your day with family

Cyndi sounds like you had a nice weekend

Jekel I took Dd2 to that movie, I cried she did not lol

Did hours of walking yesterday, my feet are tired still. We never made it inside the She'd Aquarium crazy2 1/2 hour wait to buy tickets. We did Navy pier and walked the shoreline. Today we are going to hit the water park for a few hours before heading back home. Dd1 sated we got around 5 inches of rain but my basement held up and is still dry yea!!!

Have a great Labor day
Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Well it doesn't feel like a Monday! I guess that's because I worked Saturday and Sunday.

I have absolutely no plans for the day I guess I'll go to yoga this morning despite the fact that it will be extra crowded at the gym with people off work. And maybe I'll read a book. DH and I have a computer project that we need to get to, someday, and I suggested today since we have nothing else happening. I have a new lentil recipe to try for dinner. Now that I have my recipes all organized, my goal is to try a new one each week and decide which are keepers.

Have a great day, all.
Closed Thread