Living Maintenance - Maintainers Moving Through September

saef
09-02-2012, 11:22 AM
As much as January, traditionally September is the month for making resolutions and starting new programs and projects. It's in the air as kids -- and adults -- head back to school, to learn, to work hard. And that is certainly what we're doing. Our projects are ourselves. Our educational subject is our own bodies and their capabilities.

http://www.runnersworld.com/images/cma/raverun_september_500x310.jpg

We're so glad to see you in September, moving and learning and growing alongside us.

saef
09-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Saturday, Sept. 1st:

60 minutes spin class, with weight intervals
60 minutes Pilates class. Afterward the instructor said I am very strong, but consoled me about everyone's bodies being different. My legs don't like to seal together during the teaser and my outer hips bug me sometimes during class.

Sunday, Sept. 2:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, aerobic, resistance at eight
60 minutes biceps, triceps and shoulders routine
45 minute spin class, the really good one, no playing with little weights, thank goodness, as my arms have done enough today.

traveling michele
09-03-2012, 12:52 AM
September 1: 60 minute boot camp in the morning-- 90 minute Bikram Yoga in the afternoon.

September 2: 60 minute Zumba class in the morning. Had planned on yoga in the afternoon but had to deal with a crisis at home and it didn't happen.

Totals:
2 days
210 minutes

saef
09-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Labor Day, Sept. 3:

70 minutes elliptical in the very nice gym at the Hyatt in Old Greenwich, CT, about 40 of it going backward, resistance at nine, random intervals
15 minutes swimming, not in serious laps, but continually crossing and recrossing, trying different strokes, to see what I remembered from swimming classes that I took back in 2008. I remember a lot. And all the upper body work with weights seems to certainly have helped power my stroke.

traveling michele
09-04-2012, 01:13 AM
September 1: 60 minute boot camp in the morning-- 90 minute Bikram Yoga in the afternoon.

September 2: 60 minute Zumba class in the morning. Had planned on yoga in the afternoon but had to deal with a crisis at home and it didn't happen.

Totals:
2 days
210 minutes

September 3: 45 minutes UJAM class. Went to a special Labor Day class that was supposed to be 90 minutes. The gym wasn't very nice and as soon as I entered the room I could tell there was no air circulation (and it was 97 degrees outside). As soon as the class started, the mirrors steamed up totally and the floors became slick and slippery. People were falling left and right and it was very crowded. I decided to be smart and not risk an injury. I could just see myself getting hurt and not being able to do the Tough Mudder that I'm training for-- I would be :devil::mad:

I also went and did Bikram Yoga in the afternoon-- 90 minutes and sweat like crazy again. I'm hoping I see a whoosh on the scale soon!

Totals:
3 days
345 minutes

krampus
09-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Saturday, 9/1:
-6.6 mile mountain hike to Buck Mountain in Lake George, NY.

Monday, 9/3:
-3 mile run in 28:13.
-Weights for 1 hour after. Not a fan of Gold's Gym!
-Slung 40 lb bags of dirt around for my mother.

Tuesday, 9/4:
-10 minutes treadmill sprints
-20 minutes HIIT elliptical program
-6 minutes stair stepper

saef
09-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Tuesday, Sept. 4th:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, aerobic intervals, resistance at nine
60 minutes chest, shoulders and triceps routine
60 minute spin class with weight intervals in the evening

I didn't make it to the gym this morning. I was all suited up, but got distracted by other stuff and then fell prey to depression, which has crept up on me due to my being off my antidepressants for three weeks now. Fortunately, I went out at lunchtime and the exercise gave me the usual relief with an endorphin rush. I will go back out again tonight for the same reason.

saef
09-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Wednesday, Sept. 5th:

45 minute spin class with weight intervals, one of my good ones that felt exhilarating. Thank goodness for those endorphins.

traveling michele
09-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Wednesday, Sept. 5th:

45 minute spin class with weight intervals, one of my good ones that felt exhilarating. Thank goodness for those endorphins.

Hope you're starting to feel better! :hug:

traveling michele
09-05-2012, 11:37 AM
September 3: 45 minutes UJAM class. Went to a special Labor Day class that was supposed to be 90 minutes. The gym wasn't very nice and as soon as I entered the room I could tell there was no air circulation (and it was 97 degrees outside). As soon as the class started, the mirrors steamed up totally and the floors became slick and slippery. People were falling left and right and it was very crowded. I decided to be smart and not risk an injury. I could just see myself getting hurt and not being able to do the Tough Mudder that I'm training for-- I would be :devil::mad:

I also went and did Bikram Yoga in the afternoon-- 90 minutes and sweat like crazy again. I'm hoping I see a whoosh on the scale soon!

Totals:
3 days
345 minutes

September 4: 60 minute UJam class

Totals:
4 days
405 minutes

ChrisMohr
09-05-2012, 12:08 PM
So far the transition to maintenance is going great. I started maintenance when I lost 31 pounds (hit my goal in mid-August). Big surprise: maintenance is very similar to dieting, I appear to need fewer calories to maintain a low weight than I used to need to maintain a higher weight. I've had a net loss of about two pounds in the past 3 weeks of maintenance. Better news: three days ago I went to a wedding and really overate for the first time since starting my diet June 1. Rather than beat myself up, I said OK, one and only day off from weighing in, but GET BACK ON THE HORSE. I'm discovering that whatever mistakes I make I have to just get right back on and continue. As a result, I had a net weight loss even this week with the overeating day! Training myself not to go into self-hatred for my mistake is a real discipline.

krampus
09-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Wed. Sept 5: REST DAY

Thurs. Sept 6: Upper body weights routine. Added renegade rows w/25 lb dumbbells and situps with a 25 lb dumbbell over my head. OUCH. Also 10 pathetic wheezing treadmill minutes; barely broke a mile and couldn't hold 8.0 mph for longer than a minute and a half today.

traveling michele
09-06-2012, 11:22 AM
September 4: 60 minute UJam class

Totals:
4 days
405 minutes

September 5: went for a Body Pump class but I was early (not normally at a time I go to and I didn't know there was a Zumba class right before).....so....

20 minutes Zumba
60 minutes Body Pump

Totals:
5 days
485 minutes

saef
09-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Thursday, Sept. 6th:

60 minutes elliptical, resistance up to nine, alternating backward & forward, and this was so difficult that, when resistance hit 11 & 12, the machine went on "pause" because I was pushing the peddles so slowly.
60 minutes Pilates class in the evening.

caryesings
09-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Hmm, I'm going to use September to see if I can push myself out of maintenance mode I've been in by default the last 2 years and see if I can get my number a bit further down by increasing my exercise a bit.

I'm able to commit some extra time to exercise due to my job of nearly 17 years being eliminated (I knew it was coming for almost 3 years but getting the actual boot has been a bit traumatic). So even if no more pounds budge off my body, the extra exercise time will help keep my sanity as I work out what comes next in my life.

So I can report today was my usual 55 minute walk, then added 45 minutes of lap swim.

traveling michele
09-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Welcome Cary (I'm guessing that is your name?). Great start. I find that posting here helps to keep me accountable to myself. It also helps me to see what others are doing.

traveling michele
09-07-2012, 12:38 AM
September 5: went for a Body Pump class but I was early (not normally at a time I go to and I didn't know there was a Zumba class right before).....so....

20 minutes Zumba
60 minutes Body Pump

Totals:
5 days
485 minutes

September 6: 60 minutes Zumba... barely broke a sweat today for some reason... trying to decide why. One of my hips was bothering me but I was still dancing hard.

With my Tough Mudder event right around the corner, I've got to decide if I need to do anything different with my training. I had signed up for a Zumba event tomorrow evening but I'm not sure that dancing is the best training at this point. I did lift heavily yesterday and I'm sore so I don't want to overdue it. On Sunday, we are (my boot camp) doing a practice tough mudder. I'm scared!:o

Totals:
6 days
545 minutes

ChrisMohr
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Exercise is great! This past summer I exercised more than ever and I am convinced it helped a lot with my weight loss. Plus drastic reductions in grains of all kinds. You go!

Hmm, I'm going to use September to see if I can push myself out of maintenance mode I've been in by default the last 2 years and see if I can get my number a bit further down by increasing my exercise a bit.

I'm able to commit some extra time to exercise due to my job of nearly 17 years being eliminated (I knew it was coming for almost 3 years but getting the actual boot has been a bit traumatic). So even if no more pounds budge off my body, the extra exercise time will help keep my sanity as I work out what comes next in my life.

So I can report today was my usual 55 minute walk, then added 45 minutes of lap swim.

saef
09-07-2012, 12:30 PM
So even if no more pounds budge off my body, the extra exercise time will help keep my sanity as I work out what comes next in my life.

Exercise hasn't ever helped me **lose** more weight, but it does help me **maintain** many things. Among them is my weight, but it also helps me maintain my sanity and equilibrium during times of extreme stress. I have had at least two occasions in my life when I learned the truth of this.

Why, I'm not sure. I don't know if it's focusing on something purely physical, just when my mind is exploding with anxiety and my mental state is not good. Or the time it allows me for contemplation. Or that it enables me to burn off adrenalin. Or gives me a rush of endorphins. Or maybe it's the calming effect of adhering to a routine and, when my session is done, checking one thing off the day's to-do list. When my life is out of control and feels unstructured, I take comfort in structure, and workouts are very structured. I suspect it's a combination of all of those things. Which is why I recommend it to anyone facing a hard time in their lives.

No, the regular exercise doesn't, by itself, solve everything. We still have to work on that ourselves, but we know that, deep down, don't we?

And the thing is, it doesn't have to be a really punishing workout. I know my example & my daily hours logged in this thread suggest otherwise, but never mind my compulsions for a moment.

saef
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Friday, Sept. 7th:

20 minutes Stairmaster step mill, aerobic intervals, resistance upped to nine.
60 minutes back & biceps routine
40 minutes arc trainer, resistance at 10, hill intervals

Running late at the gym today, but determined to get through the whole routine on this fairly calm day working from home.

Next week the managers return from their offsite and the atmosphere is bound to change.

caryesings
09-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Friday, 9/7:

55 minute walk
30 min stationary bike, level 6, 12+ mph

Yes, Saef, you covered the list of why I need the extra exercise right now.

traveling michele
09-08-2012, 12:34 AM
September 6: 60 minutes Zumba... barely broke a sweat today for some reason... trying to decide why. One of my hips was bothering me but I was still dancing hard.

With my Tough Mudder event right around the corner, I've got to decide if I need to do anything different with my training. I had signed up for a Zumba event tomorrow evening but I'm not sure that dancing is the best training at this point. I did lift heavily yesterday and I'm sore so I don't want to overdue it. On Sunday, we are (my boot camp) doing a practice tough mudder. I'm scared!:o

Totals:
6 days
545 minutes

September 7: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
7 days
635 minutes

saef
09-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Saturday, Sept. 8th:

60 minute spin class with weight intervals, in great pain due to my new cycling shoes, which I thought were the right size. My right big toe felt like it was being amputated without anesthesia.
60 minute Pilates mat class, really full today, our mats almost touching, maybe because of the hard rain outside.

caryesings
09-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Sat, 9/8

Just the 55 minute walk today, same planned for tomorrow.

traveling michele
09-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Saturday, Sept. 8th:

60 minute spin class with weight intervals, in great pain due to my new cycling shoes, which I thought were the right size. My right big toe felt like it was being amputated without anesthesia.
60 minute Pilates mat class, really full today, our mats almost touching, maybe because of the hard rain outside.

Ow!:mad: returning the shoes?

traveling michele
09-09-2012, 12:43 AM
September 7: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
7 days
635 minutes

September 8: 65 minutes spin class in the morning
95 minutes bikram yoga in the afternoon
Hoping to see a drop on the scale. Saw a small one today and hope it isn't temporary.

Totals:
8 days
795 minutes

saef
09-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Sunday, Sept. 9th:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, aerobic intervals, resistance at nine
60 minutes shoulders, biceps and triceps workout
45 minute spin class, plain old spin, no weights, thank goodness, with an instructor whom I like but who teaches on nights when I do other stuff. I am so glad to see her but always want to reassure her it's not personal, it's just my schedule that keeps me from her classes.

traveling michele
09-09-2012, 05:02 PM
September 8: 65 minutes spin class in the morning
95 minutes bikram yoga in the afternoon
Hoping to see a drop on the scale. Saw a small one today and hope it isn't temporary.

Totals:
8 days
795 minutes

September 9: "mock" tough mudder today. I am wiped out. Amazed that I am so tired. I hope to get off the couch later. I'm not even sure yet what is hurt. But I survived-- almost 9 miles up and down hills-- crawling-- burpees-- you name it.

2.5 hours today

Totals:
9 days
945 minutes

caryesings
09-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Sunday, 9/9

Change in plans today due to gorgeous weather. Managed to make time for a trip to the river for a 2 hour hike.

ICUwishing
09-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Saturday- 60 min of myofascial release massage. Those who've gone through it know why I'm calling it exercise. :)

Sunday- despite feeling like I was in a car wreck from Saturday's adventure, I spent 30 minutes digging thistles. The average taproot was over 12".

saef
09-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Monday, Sept. 10th:

45 minute spin class, with weights, and I was just glad to make it, since I overslept by an hour due to the wonderfully crisp, cool weather. And discovered I can exercise without any coffee and with just blueberries with Fage all over them on my stomach.
60 minute circuit training class. Walking back with instructor, he challenged me to walk with my head high & gaze straight ahead. He says I'm always looking down when he sees me.

krampus
09-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Monday, September 10:
-Mediocre weights session. Really mediocre!
-10 minutes HIIT on treadmill, 6 minutes on stair stepper level 11/12

caryesings
09-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Monday 9/10

55 minute walk
40 minutes lap swim

Positive response from my person at the Y that I had proposed me teaching a weight loss/wellness class. She has forwarded my proposal to her boss.

krampus
09-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Monday, September 10 afternoon:
-3.3ish miles on bike path in 28:05. Getting faster! No slow jog or walk breaks!

JohnKY
09-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've been around. Still on-track.

Marti and I got around 7 mi hiking in today, about half of it together as our schedules matched up. We're very lucky to get the long hike in. Usually end up with the 3 or 4 mi.

That sounds awesome, caryesings. We're trying to help out a couple folks informally with their lifestyle. But we've been wondering what we can do for the community at large. Here in Appalachia we are really seeing the terrible costs of widespread obesity in the last few years.

Mudpie
09-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Monday, Sept. 10th:

45 minute spin class, with weights, and I was just glad to make it, since I overslept by an hour due to the wonderfully crisp, cool weather. And discovered I can exercise without any coffee and with just blueberries with Fage all over them on my stomach.
60 minute circuit training class. Walking back with instructor, he challenged me to walk with my head high & gaze straight ahead. He says I'm always looking down when he sees me.

DH and I are having an ongoing "discussion" about posture and status. Slouching and downcast eyes equal lower status in the baboon world. DH is extrapolating that to humans. It's kinda true that we do regard taller people as being "better" somehow. DH is not particularly tall and doesn't agree with all this but studies have been done that indicate that most executives, particularly well-rewarded and high status ones, are tall.

Less slouching makes us taller. I have been a habitual "sloucher" since I was a teen - rebellion against my mother who constantly said "stand up straight". I find it more comfortable.

But the dogs listen to me much more if I'm erect and looking energized. Check out how Cesar Milan stands - he's straight up but relaxed, not ramrod.

Better for the body too.

End of ramble.

Dagmar :dizzy:

saef
09-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Sept. 11th:

(I'll never write this date without pausing for a moment.)

Dagmar, my posture changed and I became downward-looking quite recently, back in 2010, after an inner ear infection pretty much destroyed my auditory nerve and left me almost entirely deaf in my left ear and completely incapacitated my inner-ear balance mechanism. I rely entirely on my eyes for balance. I became wary of tripping because of this physical balance challenge.

15 minutes elliptical, random intervals, resistance at nine, going backward the entire time
60 minutes shoulders and triceps routine

traveling michele
09-11-2012, 11:10 AM
September 9: "mock" tough mudder today. I am wiped out. Amazed that I am so tired. I hope to get off the couch later. I'm not even sure yet what is hurt. But I survived-- almost 9 miles up and down hills-- crawling-- burpees-- you name it.

2.5 hours today

Totals:
9 days
945 minutes

September 10:
60 minutes Body Pump class in which I finally increased some of my weights due to my "feeling tough"!

Totals:
10 days
1005 minutes

krampus
09-11-2012, 11:53 AM
9/11:
-20 minutes HIIT on elliptical, level 7 (I normally do level 6)

caryesings
09-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Tuesday, 9/11

70 minute walk only today, the beau borrowed my car today so no trip to the gym.

Revised: Someone called who wanted a walking buddy tonight. So grand total walking time today is 130 minutes.

JohnKY
09-12-2012, 12:59 AM
3 mi hike before work. 3 mi after. 5 sets of pushups and stretching across the day.

Downright cold here tonight. First night we had to shut the windows. Noticed the tops of some trees starting to turn in the woods today. How long until we have to turn on the heat?

ChrisMohr
09-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Monday, September 10:
-Mediocre weights session. Really mediocre!
-10 minutes HIIT on treadmill, 6 minutes on stair stepper level 11/12

It's the days when I feel mediocre or below-par that I am most proud of myself for continuing an exercise regimen! It's easy to bike up a bigt hill or whatever on a day when I feel great. When my biorhythms are a bit off and I power through anyway I feel better than if I had just slacked off completely.

As for me, I'm still maintaining well. Afraid of the looming holiday months and will lean on y'all as we enter them!

CherryPie99
09-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Geez, how did I not know this thread existed? Anyone mind if I jump in?

I'll start for this week!

Sunday - 9/9 - P90X Pylometrics, 4 mile walk with dogs
Monday - 9/10 - Ran 6 miles (50:10), walked 3 with dogs
Tuesday - 9/11 - Zumba Cardio Party (DVD), 3 mile walk with dogs (44 mins), 45 minutes weight lifting (back, shoulders, arms)

saef
09-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Welcome, Jen. Welcome anyone and everyone!

Wednesday, Sept. 12th:

45 minute spin class, with weight intervals, though my quads and hamstrings are tight. I need to stretch during lunch hour -- I will be immobilized on my laptop much of today.

ETA: I did not stretch and I am paying for it with extreme stiffness.

traveling michele
09-12-2012, 11:24 AM
September 10:
60 minutes Body Pump class in which I finally increased some of my weights due to my "feeling tough"!

Totals:
10 days
1005 minutes

September 11: 60 minutes UJam class

Totals:
11 days
1065 minutes

Welcome Jen! I love this thread as it keeps me accountable and I see what others are doing. You're reminding me that I need to find time to walk my doggies.

krampus
09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Wed, Sept. 12:
-Upper body weights routine. Added overhead press, lots of renegade rows as well. Humbling but I'm excited to progress! 6 minutes on the Stair stepper too.

caryesings
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Wed, 9/12

30 mins stationary bike, level 6, 6.5 miles

CherryPie99
09-12-2012, 07:19 PM
September 12 : 6.05 mile run (50:42); 45 minute core workout

JohnKY
09-13-2012, 12:21 AM
9/12

Slipshod exercise day. On the road with work today and only got done after 10pm. 1.5mi hike in the dark tonight. We were rewarded by coyote howls a few hills away. Couple sets of pushups/stretching. Compensated by reducing meals a bit. Tomorrow is another day!

saef
09-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Thursday, Sept. 13:

45 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, resistance dropped to seven, aerobic intervals
60 minutes Pilates class, with the talkative, bright, highly self-absorbed Pilates instructor who left the gym while I was gone, but came back tonight to sub. She greeted me with enthusiasm. She seemed not to know about my apartment being flooded out. While I was away she got married and gained a substantial amount of weight, which of course, is fine, but probably more noticeable because she is a Pilates instructor. In class, we were working with nine-pound bars, which I found easy.

traveling michele
09-13-2012, 11:19 AM
September 11: 60 minutes UJam class

Totals:
11 days
1065 minutes

Welcome Jen! I love this thread as it keeps me accountable and I see what others are doing. You're reminding me that I need to find time to walk my doggies.

September 12: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
12 days
1155 minutes

krampus
09-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Thursday, 9/13:
-15 minutes disjointed sprint/speedwalk/fast jog intervals on treadmill, 1.71 miles
-6 minutes a$$-hauling on stair machine
-75 kettlebell swings, 20 kettlebell lunges
-50 reps of that thing where you swing your legs up to make a 90 degree angle. My middle is yelling.

ChrisMohr
09-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Check out my new avatar to the left! This is me waving my hat around after climbing Hat Mountain in southern Colorado. I used to climb mountains with an extra 34 pounds on me and I don't know how I even did it. It's SO much easier now!

CherryPie99
09-13-2012, 09:27 PM
September 13 - 50 minutes strength training (legs).

caryesings
09-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Thursday, 9/13

90 minutes walking

JohnKY
09-14-2012, 12:58 AM
9/13

3 mi hike before work. 3mi after. 4 sets of pushups/stretching.

A great deal of flooring put down in the living room. Not sure how many calories burned there, but my back feels it. More stretching before bed.

traveling michele
09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
September 12: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
12 days
1155 minutes

September 13: 60 minutes Zumba

Totals:
13 days
1215 minutes

saef
09-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Friday, Sept. 14th:

20 minutes elliptical, random intervals, resistance at nine, backward
60 minutes back & biceps routine

Back to the gym after work to finish off:

40 minutes Stairmaster step mill, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight

Good to burn off nervous energy on Friday, right after logging off.

CherryPie99
09-14-2012, 09:53 PM
9/14 - 6 mile run (51:39); 57 mins Yoga for the Warrior

JohnKY
09-14-2012, 09:58 PM
3 mi hike before work. 4+ mi after. 5 sets of pushups, stretching across day.

traveling michele
09-15-2012, 01:34 AM

Totals:
13 days
1215 minutes

September 14: 95 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
14 days
1310 minutes

saef
09-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Saturday, Sept. 15th:

60 minutes spin class, with weights
60 minutes Pilates class on mat, this time with just a little 3-lb weight as an anchor.

CherryPie99
09-15-2012, 09:02 PM
September 15 - 5.65 mile hike; 45 minutes weight lifting (back, shoulders, chest)

traveling michele
09-16-2012, 12:31 AM

Totals:
13 days
1215 minutes

September 15: 60 minutes spin in the morning and 90 minutes bikram yoga in the afternoon

Totals:
15 days
1460 minutes

JohnKY
09-16-2012, 12:43 AM
9/15

Another light day. Must compensate tomorrow if possible. 3 mi hike in the morning. 5 sets pushups and stretching. How a maintenance lifestyle cuts into your free time!

saef
09-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Sunday, Sept. 16th:

15 minutes backward on elliptical, random intervals, resistance at nine
60 minutes shoulders, biceps and triceps routine
45 minute spin class, wearing my bike shoes, the kind that resemble a streamlined fiberglass boat hull. Hurt like heck and I realized I absolutely must get clips for them because otherwise my foot slides around inside the stirrup. That is what made my big toe feel like it was being amputated slowly on the first occasion when I wore them. (For an hour-long class, which was really distracting from my workout, to say the least.) Glad to have a solution. Now when will I have time to get to the bike shop?

traveling michele
09-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Saef! (and others that do spin)-- when I was in spin yesterday the instructor was talking about an iphone app for indoor cycling. Don't know if you have an iphone or not... but it's called Stages Indoor Cycling. I downloaded it but haven't used it yet. It looks cool though-- tracks more stats than the bikes do, keeps track of your rides, changes color when you work out more intensely, etc. I'm excited to try it!

krampus
09-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Saturday, Sep. 15:
-Upper body weights routine despite hangover. Barbell overhead presses, bent over DB rows, lat pull downs, renegade rows and situps with 30 lb dumbbells.
-Just over a mile on the treadmill, sprint intervals.

CherryPie99
09-16-2012, 05:12 PM
September 16 - 12 miles running 1:41:39

JohnKY
09-16-2012, 11:50 PM
9/16

3 mi hike in morning. 3 mi in evening. 5 sets pushups/stretching.

saef
09-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Monday, Sept. 17th:

45 minute spin class, with weight intervals, an almost-empty class because of Rosh Hashanah
60 minutes circuit training class in the evening, which had a better crowd.

traveling michele
09-17-2012, 11:27 AM

September 15: 60 minutes spin in the morning and 90 minutes bikram yoga in the afternoon

Totals:
15 days
1460 minutes

September 16: 60 minute walk with Dh and doggie and 90 minute bikram yoga (with just dh, not doggie)

Totals:
16 days
1610 minutes

krampus
09-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Sunday, 9/16:
-6.9 mile/11K run on bike path in about 64 min.
-3 mile backtrack jog/walk to look for lost car key.
-3 mile "effff, screw this" walk from bike path back to my apartment.

(I didn't find my key but there is a spare at my parents' house so I'm ok)

Monday, 9/17:
-Upper body weights routine. Barbell overhead press, bench press machine, lat pull downs, DB bent over rows.
-12 minutes stair stepping hard. Poor hams.

saef
09-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Krampus, I lost a big heavy key ring once while running on a path near here. And walked past it twice on my search before spotting it.

After that, I always stuck my keys down the front of my sports bra, where they were less likely to fall than from my sweatshirt pocket.

JohnKY
09-17-2012, 11:34 PM
9/17

3 mi hike in morning. 3 mi in evening. 5 sets pushups/stretching.

saef
09-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Tuesday, Sept. 18th:

15 minutes elliptical, random intervals, resistance at nine, going backward
60 minute spin class with weight intervals

Michele, no, sadly, I do not own an iPhone. I'm in the minority since I work in IT consulting where everyone always **has to** have the very latest technology gadget. I tend to buy things that are 100 years old instead of things that are new & exciting.

traveling michele
09-18-2012, 11:22 AM
September 16: 60 minute walk with Dh and doggie and 90 minute bikram yoga (with just dh, not doggie)

Totals:
16 days
1610 minutes

September 17: 60 minute body pump

Totals:
17 days
1670 minutes

CherryPie99
09-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Monday September 17: P90X Core Synergistics; 45 minutes weight lifting (shoulders, back, arms)

CherryPie99
09-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Tuesday September 18 - Bob Harper's Pure Strength (65 mins); P90X Cardio X (44 mins)

caryesings
09-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone. I didn't stop exercising, but had a friend suffer a massive pulmonary embolism/heart stopped 5 times so have been spending my days in CCU. She is improving very slowly and my exercise habit continues to keep me sane. Will join you all again next month on reporting daily.

JohnKY
09-18-2012, 11:00 PM
9/18

3 mi hike in morning. 3.5mi in evening - but over more strenuous terrain. 5 sets pushups/stretching.

traveling michele
09-18-2012, 11:52 PM
:hug:Hello everyone. I didn't stop exercising, but had a friend suffer a massive pulmonary embolism/heart stopped 5 times so have been spending my days in CCU. She is improving very slowly and my exercise habit continues to keep me sane. Will join you all again next month on reporting daily.

:hug::hug:and prayers!!:hug::hug:

traveling michele
09-18-2012, 11:55 PM
September 17: 60 minute body pump

Totals:
17 days
1670 minutes

September 18: 60 minutes UJam

Not feeling great and praying it's just allergies-- dragged myself to the gym anyway....

Totals:
18 days
1730 minutes

saef
09-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Wednesday, Sept. 19th:

45 minute spin class, with weight intervals, with me stepping over lots of treacherous twigs, sections of branches and leaves on my way to class. The wind storms yesterday definitely made themselves felt.

CherryPie99
09-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Wednesday September 19 - 6 mile run (50:44); 3 mile walk; 40 minutes core work.

JohnKY
09-19-2012, 10:44 PM
3 mi hike before work. 3 mi tonight. 4 sets pushups/stretching.

Exhale15
09-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone,
Monday 90 min Iyengar yoga
Tuesday nada
Wednesday 30 minutes weight machines

But food's been bad:(major salt bloat.

saef
09-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Thursday, Sept. 20th:

45 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight
60 minutes Pilates mat class

ChrisMohr
09-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Good luck caryseings with the hospitalization you're dealing with.
Yesterday I bicycled up the highest paved road in the world to 14,270' (Mt Evans). Kept diet under control and still gained four pounds! This often happens when I exercise very heavily. Oh well.

CherryPie99
09-20-2012, 08:04 PM
September 20 - 3 mile walk; 60 minutes weight lifting (legs - oh how I hate doing legs!!)

JohnKY
09-20-2012, 09:48 PM
9/20

3 mi hike in morning. 3.5 mi tonight up/down more demanding grades. 5 sets pushups/stretching.

Mudpie
09-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Good luck caryseings with the hospitalization you're dealing with.
Yesterday I bicycled up the highest paved road in the world to 14,270' (Mt Evans). Kept diet under control and still gained four pounds! This often happens when I exercise very heavily. Oh well.

Is that you at the top of the highest road? You look happy - even though the pic is very small and it's kinda hard to tell.

Dagmar

ChrisMohr
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Is that you at the top of the highest road? You look happy - even though the pic is very small and it's kinda hard to tell.

Dagmar

Hi Dagmar,

No the picture is actually of me waving my hat on top of Hat Mountain. I just like how skinny that picture makes me look! The bike ride to 14,270' was a couple days ago and is different. I ALWAYS look happy (and very at home) on a mountain top; I've been up almost 1000 of them in my life.

Time to "get back on the horse" today and just get back to my ideal weight before it slips away any further...

traveling michele
09-21-2012, 11:09 AM
September 18: 60 minutes UJam

Not feeling great and praying it's just allergies-- dragged myself to the gym anyway....

Totals:
18 days
1730 minutes

September 19: nothing for the first time in over a month

September 20: 90 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
19 days
1820 minutes

saef
09-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Friday, Sept. 21st:

20 minutes Stairmaster step mill, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight
60 minutes back & biceps weight routine, the one with lat pulls & on the Gravitron
40 minutes elliptical, random intervals, resistance at nine

CherryPie99
09-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Friday, 9/21 - 6 mile run (49:53) and 60 minutes yoga

JohnKY
09-22-2012, 01:21 PM
9/21

Under the weather. Something nasty going around work. Off hikes until I recover.

3 sets pushups/stretching.

saef
09-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Saturday, Sept. 22:

60 minute spin class with weight intervals
60 minute Pilates mat class, all filled up, with the mats practically touching one another. Word of our teacher's expertise has spread among the new members.

CherryPie99
09-22-2012, 06:49 PM
September 22 - P90X plyometrics; 45 minutes weight lifting (arms and shoulders)

ChrisMohr
09-23-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm back down at my goal weight after a sudden gain of four pounds. Got back on the horse and happily, five days later, that weight was easy come, easy go!

saef
09-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Sunday, Sept. 23:

15 minutes Stairmaster step mill, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight
60 minutes shoulders, biceps and triceps routine, pushing myself to hurry, because I got to the gym later than planned
45 minute spin class

saef
09-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Monday, Sept. 24:

45 minute spin class, with weight intervals
60 minute circuit training class, where I caught myself saying mean girl things to myself about my body as reflected in the classroom mirrors. What amazes me is how I slip into self-criticism almost without realizing it. And it was because I was unhappy about something completely outside me, which has nothing to do with my appearance or my person.

krampus
09-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Sat, Sept 22:
-3.4 mile jog in mountains. Horrible, awful, painful - I was very upset and disheartened that it was still that hard after quitting smoking and running more.
-Weights but got so fatigued I had to stop

Sun, Sept. 23
-5 mile hike in Vermont woods. We hiked to Lyn Brook Falls only to find they'd been horribly eroded in floods years ago.

Mon, Sept. 24
-Upper body weights. Hurt knee on Saturday I believe. Overhead press, bent over dumbbell rows, lat pull down, bench press machine, tons of renegade rows and situps with 30 lb dumbbell over my head.

JohnKY
09-24-2012, 09:53 PM
9/24

Finally back on exercise. Always feel worse physically and mentally when I miss.

3 mi hike before work. 2 mi after work over steeper grades. 6 sets pushups/stretching across day.

saef
09-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Tuesday, Sept. 25th:

15 minutes backward on elliptical, random intervals, resistance at nine
60 minutes spin class, with weight interval

krampus
09-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Tuesday, Sept. 25th:
-15 minutes intervals on Arc Trainer, resistance between 20-50%. All I had time for but perhaps my knee thanks me =(

traveling michele
09-26-2012, 11:57 AM
September 19: nothing for the first time in over a month

September 20: 90 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
19 days
1820 minutes

September 21: none-- traveled to Tahoe after work for Tough Mudder

September 22: Tough Mudder! Approximately 300 minutes of Tough!

September 23 &24: recovery

September 25: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga-- felt good to be back to exercise. Going to be hard to fit it in today but I'm going to try my darndest!

Totals:
21 days
2210 minutes

saef
09-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Weds., Sept. 26th:

45 minute spin class with weight intervals

traveling michele
09-27-2012, 01:45 AM
September 21: none-- traveled to Tahoe after work for Tough Mudder

September 22: Tough Mudder! Approximately 300 minutes of Tough!

September 23 &24: recovery

September 25: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga-- felt good to be back to exercise. Going to be hard to fit it in today but I'm going to try my darndest!

Totals:
21 days
2210 minutes

September 26: 40 minutes stairclimber set at 8,9, and 10. Haven't done that in months and I was dripping! Glad to get in a quick workout between work and my dinner out.

Totals:
22 days
2250 minutes

saef
09-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Thurs., Sept. 27th:

60 minutes elliptical, resistance at nine, random intervals, alternating backward and forward. (It's very hard to peddle backward with the resistance upped to 13.)
60 minute Pilates mat class

krampus
09-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Wed. Sept 26:
-Upper body weights routine + 1 mile on treadmill. again ran out of time.

saef
09-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Fri, Sept. 28th:

20 minutes Stairmaster step mill, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight
60 minutes back and biceps routine, dropping to slightly lower weights in an effort to focus more on good form. My wrists and the tendons up my arms thanked me for this.
40 minutes Cybex arc trainer, hill intervals, resistance at nine, and I need to increase it by another jot on my next go, as I can tell I'm capable of it.

traveling michele
09-28-2012, 11:29 AM
September 26: 40 minutes stairclimber set at 8,9, and 10. Haven't done that in months and I was dripping! Glad to get in a quick workout between work and my dinner out.

Totals:
22 days
2250 minutes

September 27: 60 minutes Zumba

Totals:
23 days
2310 minutes

krampus
09-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Thurs. Sept 27:
-15 minutes on treadmill, 1.72 miles
-18 minutes on stair stepper
-10 minutes rowing
-100 kettlebell swings
-50 kettlebell lunges
-6 minutes on elliptical
-50 dip station leg raises

Fri. Sept 28:
-3 x 5 barbell overhead press, bar + 25 lbs
-1 x 10 dumbbell overhead press, 2 x 15 lbs
-50 renegade rows using 20 lb, then 25 lb dumbbells
-5 x 5 dumbbell bent over row, 50 lbs
-5 x 5 lat pulldown, 100, 90, 100, 90, 100 lbs
-3 x 8 seated bench press machine, 90, 100, 90 lbs

Fri. afternoon Sept 28:
-20 minutes Sprint-8 HIIT on elliptical, level 6

saef
09-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Sat., Sept. 29th:

60 minutes spin class with weight interval halfway through
60 minutes Pilates mat class

Though it's cool outside today, it's humid, and I was really sweaty after spin class. In fact my hair is not completely dry yet (but I'll soon be in the shower so that's okay).

traveling michele
09-29-2012, 08:32 PM
September 27: 60 minutes Zumba

Totals:
23 days
2310 minutes

September 28: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

September 29: 30 min walk, 20 min stair climber, 30 minutes weights

Totals:
25 days
2480 minutes

saef
09-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Sun., Sept. 30th:

15 minutes Stairmaster step mill, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight
60 minutes shoulders, biceps and triceps routine
45 minute spin class, straight up, no playing with weights

traveling michele
10-01-2012, 12:05 AM
September 28: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

September 29: 30 min walk, 20 min stair climber, 30 minutes weights

Totals:
25 days
2480 minutes

September 30: 95 minutes HOT yoga. It was 97 degrees out and the instructor was having trouble regulating the temp in the room. It was between 107-111 and I sweat buckets. Curious what the scale will show tomorrow.

Totals:
26 days
2575 minutes

JohnKY
10-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Have been on-plan, just not good about logging lately.

3 mi hike this morning. 2 mi this evening. 4 sets pushups/stretching.

krampus
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Sun. 9/30:
-10 minutes sprint intervals on treadmill
-12 minutes on stair stepper, all-out
-upper body lifting routine. overhead press, bent over DB row, lat pulldown (1 set at 110 lbs!!!!!), seated bench press machine, 1 set curls just 'cause, bunch of renegade rows with 30 lb dumbbells.