Faith Based Support Groups - Christian Encouragers ~ SEPTEMBER

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers ~ SEPTEMBER

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-01-2012, 02:55 PM
:angel: Welcome Friends :angel:
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

:angel:

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-01-2012, 03:15 PM
:wave: HI FOLKS ~ well, another month has come and gone, so it's time for a new monthly thread. I guess technically September is still part of summer but I always thought it was part of fall when I was a kid; I guess it changes around the 20/21 of the month. It is cooling down here now, so that kinda feels like fall is coming for sure.

The labor day weekend is upon us; and some of the kiddies here have already started back to school, depending on which one they attend. Others will start next week, I think. I see that some of the trees are starting to turn a bit yellow and the vines & some bushes have just a touch of wine, so there's a hint.;)

It sure was a :hot: one this year, wasn't it? Well, now that is almost passed us, we can enjoy going outdoors again. I got lots of green beans from my barrels, and cherry tomatoes from my hanging plants; and will surely try them again next year.

We hope to add some LILAC BUSHES along the back lane as a natural fence so we can avoid all the rocks back there. They will look & smell pretty and they are one of my favorite bushes. I thought we had one here, but turns out they are something else; one is a pink honeysuckle and the other, I still haven't found the name for yet. It has tiny, light purple flowers near the top but they aren't lilacs (they have no scent and they only put blossoms in the top of the bush). :shrug:

Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend; and a Superbly Serene September ... :D

Chubbygirl253
09-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Bad news today was that I didn't get any exercise and I went over my calories by about 700 at the bbq I went to.

But I had a pleasant day today and I'm in good spirits. Lots to be thankful for!
#1- my back pain improved a lot overnight. It's about 80% better. Walked upright today
#2- lost another pound. officially lost 30 lbs total now. earned another cheerleader below. yay!
#3- got to go to a bbq with old friends I haven't seen in a while and got to go to scrapbooking club today. busy but fun day! And it was beautiful weather. 75 degrees and sunny

Looking forward to getting back to the y tomorrow and my routine and beginning my Sept goals!

auntnelly
09-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Good job Laura! 30 lbs is amazing!!

I have not been doing well at updating. I have been on the Metabolism Miracle diet now for 4 weeks and I am really liking it....well...if one can LIKE a diet :)

Any how, I am experiencing something I don't ever recall feeling before and that is total satisfaction (most of the time), after eating a meal. I feel full and satisfied not needing to eat. Odd feeling but one that makes me understand that the diet is working.
I have only lost 2.6 lbs if we look at the average for the weeks, but I have lost inches. I was to measure and I have lost 2 inches on my bust, 1.5 inches on my bra line, 2 inches at my waist and an inch on my hips.

I don't feel much thinner but I think I am headed in the right direction. 4 more weeks on Step 1. I hope to see more results by then. I"d like to see the scale move more. I will start back with Zumba this week since it restarts, but only meets one time a week, so I need to try and take some small walks during the rest of the week.

we have HOT day again today, 106 !! Not supposed to last long, in the next few days it will cool off again, but it is dry dry dry, need some rain!:flow1::rain: can't wait for some wonderful fall weather around here!

Chubbygirl253
09-04-2012, 12:26 AM
yesterday and today went great. today my mama came with me to the Y and worked out with me. It was fun showing her around since she's joining on Saturday. Her new excitement renews my own excitement. And I'm doing so good on my Sept goals already. It's TOM but I'm trying to drink lots of water so I hope I don't retain too much. I weigh again Thurs and I'm hoping for 298 so we'll just have to see.

take care y'all

Chubbygirl253
09-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm doing good, just checking in. Hope everyone is well.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-04-2012, 08:16 PM
:wave: LAURA ~ that's nice that your mother is going to join you going to the Y; that will make it all that much more fun too. You are almost there; I'd bet you'll reach twosieland by the end of this week most likely the way you have been going. :D

NELLY ~ glad you are enjoying your plan and have fun with that rumba. I love to do chair dancing to Christian music. It doesn't really feel like exercise to me when I'm doing it becuz I'm having so much fun singing and bouncing away ... :lol:

We had a :hot: one today; in the 80's F but it kinda felt hotter with the humidity. Still, I spent lots of time outdoors early on watering my berry plants. I ate my first two raspberries off my own plants and lots are getting ready to ripen soon (I hope).

I had deli chicken breast for dinner the last two days with salad & veggies; still have a bit of chicken left for tomorrow's lunch if I want to. I was thinking that I like chicken so much that I'm gonna start to look like one soon; then I thought that maybe if I eat more fish that I might start to look like a nice, slim fish -- hmmm, I wonder if there's any truth to that? You know -- becuz they say -- you are what you eat!!! :)

Anywho ~ I can always dream, can't I? Hope you are all having a lovely week so far. Take good care now ... :flow2:

wilma12
09-05-2012, 10:46 AM
I am up one pound today. I had a calorie high weekend but am now back on track again. I will have to increase my exercise to make up for this pound. I'm not going to beat myself up over this because this is just life.

I am still connecting with my buddy and we both see changes in ourselves not only physically but emotionally as well. We are seeing our need for snacking not being as strong as it once was.

Laura: I'm glad your mom is going with you. Like you said her enthusiam will give you more incentive also. It's also nice to have someone to exercise with and to hold you accountable.

Rosebud: You are too funny! If what you say is true I should start looking green with all the veggies I've been eating!

Chubbygirl253
09-07-2012, 08:47 PM
things are good here, hope y'all are well. I have my lil nephew Aiden (age 2&1/2) to take care of from about 8 am till midnight starting yesterday and going thru 9/23. It challenges me to budget my time and I have to take him with me to workout so I can't do it for 3 hours like I want. So I took him yesterday for 50 mins and today 1 hr and 20 mins. So I took him to the park to walk and run and play so I could keep moving. I think we'll take the puppy for a walk in a while. Now I just gotta figure out dinner. Not quite used to having a puppy and toddler in tow all day long. My usual routine just doesn't translate to having a little guy. It would be tempting to stay home and watch cartoons and feed him happy meals but if it isn't on my diet it isn't going to be on his. And I don't want my weightloss to stall because I am not getting the same workouts. We watered my tomatoes earlier and he harvested all the red ones. And a couple green ones too, oops. Ok, take care everyone. Naptime is about over. Time for Auntie Lolo to get moving.

bargoo
09-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Laura, Fried green tomatoes are really yummy !

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-08-2012, 12:54 PM
WILMA ~ me too; I eat a lot of veggies these days as well! :)

LAURA ~ hey, this is good practice for down the road when you have your own kiddies ... ;)

BARGOO ~ I've never tried fried green tomatoes, but I wouldn't be surprised if I like them though.

We had a good day yesterday; got lots done around here. Errands done and picked up a few groceries via DH and his cool bike. I went out for a walk again last evening. I am still getting lots of cherry tomatoes off my hanging plants. BTW, they are called TUMBLING TOMS. The temps dropped here quite a bit, so I may bring the plants indoors for the nights this week, but they say it will warm up again as the week goes along. Eating is going very well too; we had homemade chz burgers last night. Tonight will likely be fish and salad, etc.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone ... :flow2:

Bootsie
09-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Been trying , well cannot say trying when I goof up all the time and don't do what I am aiming on doing like counting my calories. I just don't understand why I cannot get that down. Since I fell 3 times and wreaked on my bike I just have not felt like exercise and scared of the bike , was going to sale it but it looks like it got ran over by a truck, don't know if anyone would want it. Well as you see can not sleep there goes my 8 hour sleep. Gotta finish some dishes.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-09-2012, 04:20 PM
BOOTSIE ~ there are other ways you can keep track -- just do the NO DIET-DIET PORTION PLAN I shared with you all here some time ago. Your life is so busy. Forget counting calories; forget counting carbs. Just have one serving of each thing (except veggies & salad -- they are unlimited) for each meal or snack. That is so EZ-PZY! The weightloss may be slower, but it is so much easier to stick with and is much simpler too.

Sorry to hear about your bike accident; give it some time, and you may get over your fears. We will pray about this for you. We bought my DH a cute 3-wheel bike for his 65th birthday -- he loves it! It cannot tip over (his last one always did that on him). It is stable and he just zooms all over the place in it. The kiddies tell him how cool it is, becuz this one has those higher handle bars like they had in the 70's on the banana bikes. Do you remember those?

Anyhow, it is a bright, bright red with a huge white basket in the back. He goes up town for me at least once a week and does errands & pick-ups for me. He can bring back at least 4 bags of groceries in it, but usually he just gets 1 or 2 at a time. Then in between, he does his runs with it for fun.

Do you not have a dishwasher? You are such a busy lady, it would be so nice if you had one. Maybe your DH would get you one for Christmas. I don't use mine unless we have lots of company becuz I don't have as much to do as you do. If I had to work full-time and do all that you do, I probably would use mine more. You have so much on your plate. I'm so glad that you popped by for a visit; -- don't be a stranger, we love to hear from you.:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Well, my eating has been going very well this month so far; and I am very pleased about that. Today, I am making chicken & riblets for dinner with some of our very own green beans plus some baby carrots & new potatoes. It smells very yummy in here. I may also baked up some more apples like a light apple crisp (and you know, lite on the crisp part). ;)

Yesterday, was a big fish day for me: toasted tuna/tomato for lunch; and baked sole + a few tators + coleslaw for dinner. Friday, we had homemade lean chzburgers for our fun meal. I had a veggie pita pizza for lunch today. For breakfast, I had an egg + bacon + one toast & coffee, of course. Yesterday, I had a medium bagel + PB; and Friday, I had an eggmuffin (that is, an english muffin with one egg with chz/ketchup).

I often have a banana or orange with my first coffee of the day, or for my morning snack, or with my breakfast if it is low in calories. Just thought I would share what I am eating this month, just in case anyone finds it helpful in any way.

Hope you all have a Super Serene Sunday ... :hug:

Bootsie
09-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Just got through breaking up a fight two of my pet male cats pickin on a 18 year old lady cat boy was I hot! They should be ashamed of themselves !:devil: Ethel my new dog got brave or really forgot about claws and helped me break em up!She is so sweet just love her.:hug: She even sleeps with me at night time . My dishwasher has been broke for years ,hard water around here but thankful for it!:smug: Been going through my brothers boxes today and it sure gets depressing but i need to get it done.:(

Chubbygirl253
09-09-2012, 11:13 PM
hi everyone,
all is good here. just checking in. hope everyone had a good weekend. looks like its gonna rain a lil here. guess taking the kiddo to the park tomorrow isn't gonna be the best idea so I think I'll work on a plan B. Ah, library will work! Nite everyone.

oh yeah, progress on my Sept goals:
weightloss goal of 13 lbs... 3 down, 10 to go.
miles goal is 100... 51.25 miles down and 48.75 to go
60 hours of cardio... 16.25 done, 43.75 to go
I'm really pleased with that since I have almost 3 wks left to work at it

bargoo
09-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Rosebud, I want to come to your hiose to eat, my meals sound so boring compared to yours. I do eat a banana every day, though. I put it in a smoothie , I do it for the potassium. I like fish, too, and will probably have some today.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Rosebud, I want to come to your house to eat, my meals sound so boring compared to yours.

BARGOO ~ :lol: Thanks, I try to make meals that we really enjoy. I want this to be a long-term lifestyle change, so this is a must for me; and so far, it's working well. I took our family favorites & just made them healthier. There was no revolt in this house (by DH or any of my family or friends either). It took some experimenting, but I've tweaked & tweaked until I found lots of variety. This strategy has helped me to stick to my plan so much better too. :)

LAURA ~ you are doing great with your short-term goals; I love your list of the things you want to achieve. It's so positive and helps to re-inforce a positive attitude too. Congrats to you on your many mini-successes. :D

Well, today I had leftovers from last night for lunch; and we had some Homemade Texas Chili that I had made before and put in the freezer. I am planning to do the same with some pasta meat sauce next; and since the weather is getting cooler, I'll be making some pots of soup soon too. I like to be able to just take something Homemade out of the freezer when in a hurry.

Hope you all have a wonderful week ... :flow2:

Bootsie
09-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Rosebud Texas Chili sounds good , though I like cornbread with mine and mashed potatoes. Been a long day so tired . Worked in my shop and read letters from my Mother to my brother, it is so nice to have something from my Mother to hang on too. She died when I was 21. Got a call from cousins cheered me up just love them and a gift in the mail from them!

Chubbygirl253
09-11-2012, 04:17 AM
thanks rosebud!

I'm so tired today ladies. But excited that tomorrow my mom is gonna watch Aiden so I can work out alone. I hope to put a few hours in. My arms are a little sore from my strength training. Food was good today. I only had around 1300 calories but it felt like more. Only got to do a little over an hr of cardio today.

Bootsie
09-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Wanted to fix my Grandmothers house up but was told if I did the taxes would go up, they are already high enough, so I guess i will let it slowly rot to the ground. Why does the world have to be like that when you are trying to do something good?

bargoo
09-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Wanted to fix my Grandmothers house up but was told if I did the taxes would go up, they are already high enough, so I guess i will let it slowly rot to the ground. Why does the world have to be like that when you are trying to do something good?

Another way to look at it, Bootsie. If you ever decide to sell it , it will get you a better price if you do some fixing up.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-11-2012, 07:10 PM
BOOTSIE ~ you need to look into that more becuz I am sure that cosmetic improvements like a little paint, wallpaper, and trim won't cause the taxes to go up. I read the letter from our assessment division and they said major structural repairs/changes are what cause the taxes to go up (i.e. like a new porch, adding a room, etc). Since the house is older that should make a difference too.

I am honestly shocked how much our taxes are for our place; esp since it's an older home too and it hasn't had any major changes in a mega-years. I can't even imagine what the taxes on a new place would be. Our taxes went up this year but not becuz of any changes to our place -- it was just becuz they wanted more money.

Like BARGOO says, what you do could make a difference in the sale price; you need to compare that against the gain in the resale value. You could likely recoup that when you sell it anyways; and if you keep the repairs simple, there may not be any increase at all. It really depends on what you do to it. I would check into it before making a final decision. :hug:

BTW, about the Chili -- I skip all the extras to save calories, but DH has bread or toast with his too. ;)

LAURIE ~ you are eating less calories than me; I don't go that low becuz my blood sugar levels would dip too low and I would be too hungry if I did (I tried that and it didn't feel good; dizzy spells are not wise). :nono:

Speaking of that; our dinner is ready (Pacific Wild Salmon with barley/rice and veggie mix and a salad). Have a great evening ... :flow2:

auntnelly
09-11-2012, 08:35 PM
BOOTSIE ~ you need to look into that more becuz I am sure that cosmetic improvements like a little paint, wallpaper, and trim won't cause the taxes to go up. I read the letter from our assessment division and they said major structural repairs/changes are what cause the taxes to go up (i.e. like a new porch, adding a room, etc). Since the house is older that should make a difference too.
:

Yes, to this. I believe this is what I have heard as well.Check into what they actually use to determine tax value. I know ours takes into consideration very very general condition of the house as well. Look into it, it might be you could do some things and the value wouldn't change much if at all.

Bootsie
09-11-2012, 11:13 PM
I checked into it today and yes the taxes go up because any improvements make it more valuable. Stinks ! It just is backwards to me now I know why people let all those buildings go that i seen riding on my trip I seen and could not understand why ,now I do!

Bootsie
09-11-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't want to sale my Grandmothers home, I feel so much at peace there. What I want to do is fix it up in case of an emergency like the fire we had out here and burnt houses up , where we are another family would have a place to stay till they rebuilt, have Christmas and Thanksgiving there with my side of the family. My cousins may come visit and they would have their own place to stay , so many things. My heart is there, Christmas, Thanksgiving most of all Sunday dinners, Mama and Daddy , my Grandmother , my Uncle , my sisters and their families lived in that house at one time or another and it deeply saddens me that they punish people for trying to make things better. No common sense at all, I never want to sell it and I don't want it to slowly die either. I made the yard beautiful I hope that does not raise the taxes...geee. I have a big decision to make to do or not to do and i so much want to do, but I just need to think on it.

wilma12
09-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I agree that it's not right to increase taxes for properties that are being improved cosmetically. It sure doesn't give incentive to keep your place looking nice.

I have lost the pound I gained last week. Up and down! I have been eating properly and staying within my calorie allowances this week so hopefully I will show a loss next week!

Bootsie
09-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Hubbie and I talked it over and i am going to go ahead and fix the outside up as soon as my contractor can get to it. The place means a lot to me and when something means something to you need to take care of it or get rid of it so it will be took care of. Not ready to part with it. Besides who knows what tomorrow will bring may need a place to stay temporally don't think town could stand me to long, I am too country.

Chubbygirl253
09-16-2012, 12:13 AM
sorry I haven't been checking in. we have had a chaotic few days. minor emergencies to deal with. I think I've explained I am caring for my 2 yr old nephew for 3 weeks because my sister and her husband run 4 booths at the fair. (our fair here is very large, one of the biggest in the US) I also am puppy-sitting for my sis's MIL who has her own booth. My sis called in a panic on thurs because my 24 yr old nephew (one of her booth workers) felt like he was gonna have a seizure. He's epileptic. So I rushed across town to get him. He had a grand-mal seizure at home. Had to have my mom leave work early to help with the toddler during all this. And my nephew's girlfriend, also working a booth, had a breakdown of sorts. I had to make a second trip to the fair to pick her up too because she just wasn't able to handle the stress and worry. When my sis brought them up from California to Washington we did not know her needs. She has some emotional instability issues in addition to a mild form of autism (Asberghers. Spelling?) So along with watching the puppy who isn't trained, a 2 yr old, playing nurse on seizure watch, we also had to help the girlfriend navigate through a breakdown. Had to stop her from swallowing a bunch of pills. It was just a lot to deal with at once. But the crisis is over now. They both went back to work at the fair today and I got caught up on everything I'd fallen behind on. I haven't gotten to work out except walking and I'm looking forward to getting back to the Y tomorrow.

Anyway, I just wanted to explain my absence and say I'm back. I managed to keep the stress eating to a minimum. Thats a success in my book. Nite, y'all. Oh yeah, lost another pound today. yay!

Bootsie
09-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Laura bless your heart , you work so hard , and a caring heart, so glad everyone is alright and you got caught up. That is one thing I think I will never get caught up! We went to a reunion today then to a car derby and sold tickets from 4 to 9:30 and I am so tired had to come home and feed the animals, gee... someone was suppose to take our place at 7PM but no show and I am wondering if they are alright. We went by my Grandmothers house and her red flowers are fixing to bloom ! It is going to be beautiful when they bloom! We also got a 4.5 inch rain! YEAH!!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-16-2012, 12:40 PM
LAURA ~ wow, you had a lot on your plate for sure; I'm glad that you didn't stress eat. You are stronger than you know, girl; and it's so nice that you are there for your family. What a blessing you are for them!

BOOTSIE ~ I'm so happy about all the :rain: you are getting down there; have been praying about that. I bet your flowers look wonderful. You are a busy lady too; may GOD bless you with strength and peace. I understand why you don't want to sell your grandmother's place; it could be a much-needed sanctuary away from home for you and yours.

We finally had some :sunny: yesterday and today, it is supposed to be warmer too. I can see the leaves are changing on the trees already to yellow, gold, and a wine red -- so pretty though. Fall comes earlier here than the calendar allows for. ;)

Eating has been going super this month -- PRZ GOD! I am baking a whole chicken with lots of veggies for dinner tonight; plus some apples for dessert too (with a handful of raisins & a little maple syrup & cinnamon). It is low calorie but oh, so yum ... :D

Hope you all have a Superbly Serene Sunday today ... :flow2:

ronni62
09-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Wow-such a stressful few weeks for us and for some of you all as well. Satan's definitely on the move, but our God is moving, as well, and we know Who wins in all this!

Rosebud-I second that I want to have dinner at your house!

Laura-I think your friends and family must count you as one of their greatest blessings. Sounds like you kept a very cool head in a couple stressful situations. God bless you!

Bootsie-you've gotten more rain that we've had all summer! I know how you feel about your grandma's house. It's sad that the gov't makes you pay to try to keep things in shape. We're on the other end right now-our tax value has gone down, which doesn't help when you want to sell, but the assessment value is much less than what we have into the place. And, we definitely don't have one of those sub-prime McMansion homes-we only paid 70,000, but the tax value has dropped to 50,000 now:(

Wilma-I'm still having such good luck with my 'diet' buddy. I think it's because we knew each other in high school, went our own ways, but have faced this struggle alone for so long, and didn't know how much it would help to have someone who came from the same place to share the journey with.
I'm so glad you shared your success with us!

The last 3 weeks have been so incredibly stressful, but God has worked and worked and DH goes back to work tomorrow! DS3 got his driver's license on his 16th birthday on Wednesday, then ended up with a broken windshield after football practice on Thursday, when someone threw a football at his truck, so, thank goodness, DH has his job back! Would have been nice if the kid who did it would have come forward and offered to help with the expense, but that just doesn't seem to happen anymore.

I was applying for jobs right and left when DH was fired, but haven't even gotten a phone call on any of them-makes me feel kinda unwanted, but I'm going to try to take a class for substitute teaching authorization, then maybe work on a teaching cert. in the future. Of course, still homeschooling DS3 for another year and a half, so I guess it's ok to not have a job, for now.

With the exception of a cold, cough, sinus, and eye infections, I've been feeling so much better since finding out about the wheat and dairy allergies and getting the stuff out of my diet! I seem to lose weight effortlessly now and rarely get hungry. I just eat when we decide it's time to eat and make myself wheat- and dairy-free brownies when I want a special snack. I don't even seem to have to count calories, as I get full much faster and don't have cravings, especially not for carbs! I need to go have some testing done, but had to cancel that appt. when we lost our insurance. Now that the insurance will be reinstated, I'll be able to reschedule and find out for sure if there are any other food allergies I need to watch for.

Well, must go and see if DH wants some dinner. Take care and have a great evening!

Chubbygirl253
09-17-2012, 02:16 AM
thanks guys! That is such wonderful encouragement because I'm pretty much out of steam these days. I am being pulled in a dozen different directions. I'm thankful Mom has been around all weekend to help me out. The nephew/girlfriend aren't going to be finishing out this 3 week long fair so I just have to entertain them for a couple more days till I can get them on a train to go home. Your kind words really help when I am feeling like chief cook & bottle washer, chauffeur, and Cinderella all rolled into one! It's just a couple more days. Although getting them acrossed town on Tues to the train station means I have to reschedule an appointment I've had on my calendar for a month.
My mom watched the kiddo today so I could work out alone. I did 45 mins of strength training and 2.5 hrs of cardio. I'm tired but I feel great. Got to take yoga for the 1st time since the fair started. I needed that.
Oh, just 1 more week of this fair business. Can't wait to get back to my routine.

wilma12
09-17-2012, 10:57 AM
LAURA: I got stressed just reading your posts! You are handling it very well. You are a very caring person.

Ronni: I'm glad your buddy is working well for you. Mine is too. The weight is coming off very slowly but it is coming off. My buddy and I post what we eat each night. I need to start posting the exercise instead. I think (no, I know) that I will lose faster if I did.

Rosebud: It's gotten pretty cold here this week. It's hard to take after the hot summer we've had. We don't have those lovely autumn reds here in Manitoba. I've been to Ontario twice during Thanksgiving and I couldn't get over the beauty. Enjoy!

Bootsie: What kind of flowers are set to bloom this time of year?

Bootsie
09-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Wilma they are somekind of Iris my Grandmother planted years ago . So they are sort of a gift in Springtime and Fall from her, they are just beautiful. Maybe get back over there before they die out, but they will be back. You know I can not find a diet Buddy that will stick with it and encourage me except on line. gotta go feed hubbie he is wheat free too Ronni!

wilma12
09-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Bootsie: It's tough to find someone who sticks with it. At least you do have us here! I'd be happy to be your buddy if you want. Are you on facebook at all? I private message my buddy there each day. If you want to do this private message me here with your name and I'll find you on facebook.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-17-2012, 03:30 PM
RONNIE ~ PRAIZE GOD, PRAIZE GOD, PRAIZE GOD ... that was sure fast; we were praying for you on the weekend about this as I was worried about your financial situation. Congrats to DS3 on getting his license on the first try; that is fantastic! Glad you have found out your issues and are now seeing the scale come down. That's 3 awesome blessings from GOD -- you were way overdo! :hug:

BOOTSIE ~ those flowers are German Double-Blooming Irises; they bloom spring and fall. I had some spring blooming ones at the last place we lived but I'd love to get some doubles for here. I know Vesey's carries them, and I hope to get some in a bright color that would look good here.

I have a friend in Southern Ontario who I buddy with through email. She used to live here but we lost contact when she moved away (they moved around a lot). About 2 years ago, she saw a relative on facebook and asked if I would contact her. In our case, we write to each other 1-2 times a week. She has always had to battle her weight too, so we have a lot in common that way. I do eat less complex carbs & dairy than I did before, but I have to find a balance. Yesterday afternoon, I felt nauseated; so we prayed, then I took an aspirin, and I ate 1/4 cup canned baked beans. Within a very short time, I felt much better.

WILMA ~ that's true; it takes some getting used to the chilly, cold weather we get here every fall but I won't complain as GOD blesses us every year with spring & latter rains, so our grass and most of my flowers are still green and my rose peonies (the bush ones) are still producing flowers, albeit much slower right now. :)

LAURIE ~ glad things will be easing off for you very soon.

You know, ladies -- I make these meals the simplest way possible. I take a medium roasting pan, put in the whole chicken or roast, then surround it with whatever veggies I have on hand (fresh or in the freezer); top with some herbs & spices, and about 2 cups water. Pop it in the oven at 375 F and let the stove do all the work. I do that every Sunday now that the hot weather is gone; then we eat the leftovers over the next few days and for soups. In the summer, I use my crockpot or have something quick.

We have more :rain: here again today; but we had lovely :sunny: for 2 days in between. Have a great week everyone ... :D

Bootsie
09-18-2012, 01:11 AM
That is awesome you know your flowers so well Rosebud! If I can find what I did with my camera gonna take a picture of the place and see if I can get it on here. I am trying to find someone to do the electric work and plumbing in the house. To me it is like a cottage so small but so full of love.
Wilma will email you, yes I am on Facebook.
Well I did something never done before today and that is I shot an automatic pistol with some friends and it was fun trying to hit the target. Was afraid of the gun at first but once I got the hang of it loved it! Saturday I go to a class to get my license. All I really want to do is learn safety and carry it with me when I walk in the back of the pasture never know what is gonna pop out at you.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-18-2012, 03:27 PM
BOOTSIE ~ wow, talk about going for the brass ring; you are taking on the world! Kudos to you, girl! I admire your spunk. I understand the dangers where you live with the cougars and coyotes, etc. You know, I took ARCHERY in high school and loved it too. We have a club here that does PAINT-BALL SHOOTING at targets, etc. Sometimes the paint splats on them too so they have to wear protective outfits and gear; but I bet they have lots of fun. :)

Bootsie
09-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Rosebud When Hubbie opened the feed store this morning he said the coyotes were across the road howling about 100 yards. I practiced again tonight getting better an better but I am kinda concerned if I have an object running toward me to attack ,could I hit it! Not so sure?

wilma12
09-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Weighed in again today and weight is the same. This is how my body works. Stay the same for a couple of weeks and then a shift. I guess that means I'm learning to maintain already.

I went golfing yesterday so I did get some exercise in. Plus it was fun. I went with my boss so I was getting paid while doing this also so that was a bonus.

bargoo
09-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Bootsie, be sure it is a coyote and not someones pet dog before you pull the trigger.

Bootsie
09-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh I will Bargo, I am not anxious to kill anything, just really want to scare em off. I have had some of those Pet dogs chase me especially one big one. It was a cold night our dogs were just having a fit,I went out thinking it was an armidilla, and 4 red eyes looked at me and started to bark. One chased me, and thank God I did not have far to go.Got inside the door and he hit the door even though I was holding and screaming for my husband for help. The big dog pushed the door in and I pushed as hard as I could back and got it locked. If the big dog would of got a hold of me, since I smelt like my goats , I am sure he or she would of killed me. God was watching over me that night for that door was hard of opening and I was saying over and over Please Jesus open the door open the door! That was 20 years ago Bargo I cannot run fast anymore like I used to and if my animals are in danger I will be there for them. Never seen what color or what kind of dog the 2nd one was but it was a medium size dog and did not chase me, it just got smart went home where ever it came from and the other big dog did too guess he followed the other dog.
That is great Wilma , don't know much about playing golf but my brother did and sometimes I watch it on TV. I did not loose this week either , maybe it is in the air. LOL

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-19-2012, 07:58 PM
BOOTSIE ~ yes, a moving target is another thing altogether. I know you are doing this for safety but hopefully, you won't ever have to use it. We'll pray for protective angels around you and yours ... :hug:

EDIT2ADD ~ I know that sometimes packs of dogs roam around; that happened on our farm when we were kids. Sadly, they attacked our sheep and we had to put one down. Thank GOD, the rest managed to get away from them. Boy, that must have been scary for you for sure.

WILMA ~ I tried golfing when I was younger, but I did more caddying than golfing. I started caddying at 10 years old for my mother. There's nothing wrong with maintaining, but the scales will go down again eventually, I'm sure of it. :D

We had a lovely :sunny: today and that helped a bit as we had a very cold wind. My furry baby and I did get out for some fresh air for a little while at least. It's nice for DH too as he kinda goes stir-crazy if the weather is bad and he has nothing to do. I think I may try to find him some EZ puzzles or games for the wintertime. Anyone got any suggestions for someone like him?He likes to feed the birds every day, and he does some snow pushing for part of the day; but the more I can find for him to do, the better. :lol:

Tonight was pasta night -- we had penne with a garlic tomato sauce; and I added lots of veggies to replace some of the meat to lower the calories (onions, mushrooms, red & green sweet peppers, and zucchini). Have some leftover for lunch tomorrow, which is very handy too.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ... :flow2:

Chubbygirl253
09-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone. Things are starting to calm down for me. I've gotten in a few good workouts the last 3 days and today I just did short one today since I had so much to do today. My nephew and his girlfriend have gone home now, back to California, so that takes quite a bit of pressure off me. Entertaining and tending to house guests (both with their own special needs) was a bit much for me since I'm still doing the puppy-sitting and watching a toddler for 5 more days. But the house is our own again and that helps a lot. The toddler, Aiden, is really loving going to the Y with me. Today after a marathon housework session I was going to take off a day from working out but he was so jazzed to go we went to work out for just a little while. Tired him out pretty good for a nap, lol. Nap=break time for Auntie Lolo. And I better wrap this up since he'll be waking up soon. Take care all.

Bootsie
09-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Laura, you inspire me to want to do more, just want to thank you. pasta night sounds good Rosebud, my husband cannot eat it but I can. He is on the no wheat diet.
I went in to see if I could get my glasses straightened up and the lady said Your glasses or scratch up bad and she went and checked on them and she said she was going to get me some new lenses that they were under warranty! yeah! So glad I went there and they were looking after me!
No Rosebud I hope I will never have to use the gun, thank you for the prayers but it still is fun shooting the target.

auntnelly
09-20-2012, 11:53 AM
I heard there is no wheat pasta out there. Can't remember the name, but it is rice based.

bargoo
09-20-2012, 12:17 PM
My DIL eats no wheat, she made spaghetti with pasta made from rice, I could detect no differance from wheat pasta, she showed me the bag to prove it. She got it at a regular grocery store.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-20-2012, 05:52 PM
BOOTSIE and all ~ our local grocery store has a section that has lots of different rice-based products including crackers and bread. I have also seen a pasta made with lentils which we tried and liked it too (didn't check to see if there was any wheat in it though). They are coming out with all kinds of specialty products these days.

We had to go up town for an appointment so I went to our local second-hand shop too. I picked up some puzzles and a couple of ez games (chinese checkers) for DH & I. I found a round puzzle for myself with lots of pretty flowers. DH said that will take me forever to finish and I said, "Well, that's the whole point -- to have something to do all winter long".

I also got a bunch of books for me to read for the winter too. I found him a couple of western stories but I'm not sure he will actually read them. He used to read a bit, so I'm trying to coax him to read again. Hmmm, maybe if I got him some comics. I wonder if there are any good ones out there today; esp ones that have humor in them. Not sure ... :shrug:

DH's sister plays cards for "change" with her DH to pass time; so I am gonna try that one with him too. He likes to play crib, and he was very good at it too; so I'll use that as a motivation -- he can build up his coin jar while playing a game. ;)

Well, right now I am trying to decide what to have for my dinner. DH wants his Chicken Super Dogs (these are jumbo size hot dogs), and I am going to have a salad for sure. I just have to make up my mind what to have with it -- maybe some fish or chicken again ... :lol:

YOu know, as soon as we stepped out the door, it started to :rain: and the winds were blowing like crazy. Every time we stepped out of the vehicle it seemed. Then we get back home and it stopped and the :sunny: came out.

We had a huge flock of baby starlings in our back yard this afternoon (they sound so cute when the chatter in the fur trees) -- and I was encouraging them to eat all the earwigs. We had lots this year; and many places (including businesses) had to spray to get rid of them, so I'm glad it wasn't just our place. It was the first time we had them sneak into our house but we didn't spray.

A lady told me that they had some coming in through the wall plug-ins where she worked -- oh my ... how gross. It was so upsetting to get a plate out of the cubby for dinner and have one practically kiss my nose. I would screech from fright (they are so ugly) becuz I wasn't expecting it; then I would have to get all the dishes down to make sure there wasn't any more. Then I washed them with javelle and hot, soapy water becuz I'm a germ nut ... No, it's true, they leave little tiny doodoos wherever they go. I'm not kidding! :eek:

DH and I were searching all over the place trying to find out how they were getting into the house, but we couldn't find any obvious things, but if they go into the walls and in through plug-ins, they can get in through any small crack, I guess. :yikes: Apparently, they come in 7-years cycles, so I hope this was the biggie and we won't get them next year (in the house, I mean). WE always get them outside now. For many years they weren't here but they are now. People bring them from palce to place without realizing it; and they get into your garbage bins, and anything left outside.

The neighour has 5 kiddies and they would scream whenever they see them; and their DAD or MOM would have to run and assure them, they are OK. I saw the DAD out there emptying and spraying the cans. DH dumper ours out in the back lane .... EEEEWEOOOOO.

OK, now that I have grossed you all out, I'll go and start dinner. Are you still hungry ... :rofl:

Chubbygirl253
09-20-2012, 06:45 PM
thanks bootsie!

well today is going good. I had my 8 wk ActivTrax progress check for my strength training program at the Y. They are increasing my level because I'm getting stronger. Can't believe I "graduate" the program in 4 more weeks. I feel really blessed I got to do this program and that it's free at my YMCA.
Afterward I got to work out for a while, did 1 hour and 20 minutes on the elliptical.
I'm really excited because my fiance is coming down tomorrow (he lives 2.5 hrs away) and Saturday we're going to the fair. Just the two of us! My mom is gonna watch Aiden so I can have the day off to spend with my hunny.
Tonight when mom is off work I'll take Aiden back to the Y when she goes and get a little more workout in. And I have a yummy green salad with grilled chicken waiting in the fridge for me when I get home.
Ooooh and I have to go back up to the grocery store later because they have fresh red raspberries on sale for $1 for a 6 oz clamshell container. I love them but they are usually so pricey. The toddler and I ate two containers last night. I want to get enough to freeze.

take care everyone!

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-22-2012, 07:52 PM
LAURA ~ that's a really good price for raspberries for sure. I have some containers I put in the freezer when I got them for 3/$5.00 which is a good price for here. Hope you and your fiance have a nice weekend together.

The weather has been cold and wet here (lots of :rain:) but we did have some :sunny: yesterday afternoon so I went for a walk in the neighbourhood. I felt much better than I did on Thursday. Today, it's back to more :rain: and cold winds so I stayed in and did some reading after I answered some emails.

We had fish and chips (home-baked style), plus a salad for me for dinner tonight. I am planning on a nice roast beef for tomorrow with lots of veggies; and probably some baked apples too.

I have been doing some mending lately -- my clothes are getting so baggy that I am having to take them in and the hems up of my pants again so I have some to wear for the winter. I don't want to buy new ones just yet as these are still fairly new as it is. I hate to waste all that money if I am just gonna have to buy new stuff later on too. My tops are getting baggy too -- the sleeves are too long. So, I think I'll be doing mending and alterations for a few months anyways. ;)

Just gonna relax for the rest of the weekend here. Besides riding his bike, DH has been raking leaves for something to do. :lol: Hope you all have a Super Serene Sunday tomorrow ... :hug:

Bootsie
09-23-2012, 10:52 AM
With the Lord's help I passed my test on shooting and I was really worried about the written test for I have a reading disease that sometimes I have to read a question 3 or 4 times before I can understand it. I prayed and prayed for God to help me through it I made a 92! I still cannot believe it! I made a 240 on the shooting , 250 is as high as you can get on it. One man got 249 is that not awesome! I am going to keep on practicing for what is the use of taking the test if you are not going to continue to practice.
Pray everyone has a wonderful Sunday and the best new week ever.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-23-2012, 09:41 PM
BOOTSIE ~ :congrat: to you on passing your tests -- that's super!!!

The day started out wet & cold, but later this afternoon, the :sunny: came out and I went out to get a little walking in at least. Made a nice roast beef with loads of veggies for dinner as planned, plus baked some apples for dessert/snacks too. Have enuff leftover for tomorrow too; that is handy.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP week coming up too; and nice weather as well. They are promising more :sunny: for this week; hope they are right! :D

wilma12
09-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Rosebud: Doesn't that feel good? I'm noticing the same thing in my clothes too and it won't be long and I will have to do the same thing.

Bootsie: Way to go on passing the test. I'm the same as you regarding having to read something over a few times before I get it.

Laura: I love how organized you are. You plan ahead and that is rewarding you.

I ate very few veggies this weekend. I made homemade chicken noodle soup and ate too much of it. Back on track today though. I will hopefully have a loss to report on Wednesday.

Chubbygirl253
09-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Well thanks Wilma, no one besides my mother appreciates my organization. (wait, I take that back. My landlord loves it too because even though my sis is perpetually late with rent I plan ahead and pay my share regardless.) Mom appreciates it, because I'm like her. I just like things neat, clean, and organized. And I like to make plans instead of just hoping things will fall into place. At 35 I'm already turning into my mama, lol. My sis and her husband don't ever plan anything and it drives me nuts. Probably just as much as my planning gets under their skin. Sis says its like living with mom. Which apparently is more irritating than, say, running out of gas which they have done 3 times in the last month. Silly me I would rather plan a trip to the gas station than ending up stranded. *sigh*

Well the fair is over at last!!! That was a long 3 weeks! The 2 yr old won't be accompanying me on all my workouts so I can get back to working out harder and longer. It was fun having him around but there were times when it woulda been so much simpler if I coul've left him at home. I get to go back to being selfish with my time because its my own again. That sounds awful but I just mean I am soooo looking forward to tonight when I can sleep for 8 whole hours! And maybe even watch something on TV besides Sprout (the pre-school channel.) I've seen enough of that to last me the rest of my days.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-24-2012, 10:18 PM
I am soooo looking forward to tonight when I can sleep for 8 whole hours! And maybe even watch something on TV besides Sprout (the pre-school channel.) I've seen enough of that to last me the rest of my days.

LAURA ~ we understand completely; anyone who has had kiddies or looked after them understands, believe me. Hey, kiddo -- I love ya to pieces and all; and we had a wonderful fun-filled visit, but gee -- too bad it's time for you to go back home now, and I'm going to miss you so much ... ;) Hope you get caught up on your sleep.

BTW, I am a very organized, neat person too! My DH is the total opposite, so I discovered AFTER we got married ... :eek: I suspect what we didn't know, GOD did! I'm sure HE was snickering as Miss Neatnik married the slob of the universe ... :lol:

Speaking of that, in our family we had a mix of neatniks and slobs; and often one neatnik & one slob ended up in the same bedroom, and that caused a lot of conflict as the neatnik had to wade through the slob's "clothes carpet" to get to their side of the room. Finally to stop the bickering, I suggested that my mother get them to switch sides so the neatnik was by the door. That way, they both could get into the room without tripping & injuring themselves & wondering what gross things they were stepping on; the slob could live in his/her slob heaven without annoying the neatnik; the neatnik's side would stay clean; and people walking by wouldn't see any mess. So, we finally had peace in bedroomland. :)

WILMA ~ yes, I am pleased that my clothes are too loose rather than too tight. It's a great NSV, but I have so much work to do ... oh well, it will give me something extra to do this winter for sure!

bargoo
09-24-2012, 11:02 PM
I have been clothes shopping in my closet, the pants I could not button can now be buttoned !!Hooray !!! I think it is more fun to shop in my closet than at the mall....although I am not giving up on the mall entirely.
When I was losing weight I bought my clothes at Salvation Army, Goodwill, Savers and consignment shops. I made some really good buys at those stores and very cheap. You can often get new clothes in those stores.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-24-2012, 11:19 PM
BARGOO ~ yes, I was just thinking that myself. We only have one second-hand place in this town, but I may be able to find a few things there. I can still wear the pants if I take them up; same for the dresses (and I have sewn some of the necklines already). When we moved, I gave a lot away; kinda regret that now, but I still have some that I can get into that were about one size too tight. I'll take a look for a few choice pieces to add into the mix to carry me through ... :hug:

Chubbygirl253
09-26-2012, 02:52 AM
I celebrated my first day without the kiddo in the following ways:
1. I slept in. Got 9 solid hours.
2. Went to the Y and worked out solo for 5 hours! I'm tired but I feel good.
3. Came home and ate a dinner that a toddler would turn his nose up at and watched adult TV. (well that sounds worse than what I meant. Not "adult" as in x-rated, just not The Goodnight Show on Sprout. lol)

bargoo
09-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I just heard that Andy Williams has passed away. He brought us so many great songs and always seemed to be a great guy. RIP , Andy.

Chubbygirl253
09-26-2012, 02:08 PM
That was a good story about the messy and neat bedrooms, Rosebud. LOL. That would drive me batty for sure.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-26-2012, 05:51 PM
LAURA ~ :lol: ... We know what you meant; but it was funny! :D

That was a good story about the messy and neat bedrooms, Rosebud. LOL. That would drive me batty for sure.

Me too; thank goodness, by then I had my own bedroom. When I was younger, we had 2 neatniks & one slob together so we out numbered her, and let her away with a lot becuz she was the youngest. ;)

BARGOO ~ yes, may Andy RIP and may GOD grant peace & comfort to his family ... :hug:

Well, I got lots of walking in today as we went shopping and I think I walked for 1.5 hours which is a lot for me (so my legs are a bit sore as I did a lot of walking yesterday too); but we have the cubbies all stocked up now. There were a few things that I couldn't get but we'll try again next week at another place. I like to stock up a bit in the fall each year.

I am gonna rest and likely get to bed early myself tonight. Hope you all have a fantabulous Friday (oops, I mean, Terrific Thursday) tomorrow ... :flow2:

EDIT2ADD: Oops, I think I'm going stir-crazy -- we had originally planned on going shopping on Thursday but had to go today instead, so I got my days mixed up. :lol:

wilma12
09-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Weigh in today - no change. I think I need to make some changes to get things rolling again.

Laura: You're off to a roaring start! 5 hours. I'm tired just thinking about it. Enjoy your "adult" time!

Rosebud: It's almost like nesting isn't it? Getting ready for winter. I'm starting to think soups and stews again. Need to be a bit more creative with my veggies so it doesn't get boring.

Oh, is tomorrow Friday? :D I wish it was. That would be fantabulous!

Have a great evening!

Bootsie
09-26-2012, 06:25 PM
It is always a good idea to keep stocked up. I was looking at the pantry today all the can milk is out of date! So I had to go milk the goat to get my sick 18 year old cat some milk boy did she kick!( the goat not the cat) I think she ate to many rats and got stopped up! Mama said milk helps the rat tails go through better. She licked up what little I came back with.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-26-2012, 08:27 PM
WILMA ~ thanks for correcting me on that: I have had a lot on my mind lately -- big stress at home! I'm praying the LORD will heal all the hurts, uplift my spirit, and carry me through this time. HE is my strength each day for sure!

DH is getting more & more confused. He is getting ready for bed now (right after dinner); then he gets up in the night and sometimes even goes outside. Last night he said that he was looking for a bus but couldn't find one. I may wake up some day and find him gone whoknowswhere? :eek: I had hoped that type of behavior was a long ways away (wandering, I mean), but this disease has progressed a lot since he took those meds. He said when he couldn't find the bus, he came back in. Good thing.

BOOTSIE ~ gee, that sounded so appetizing; sure glad that I have already eaten dinner ... ;)

Which was hamburger steak and onions; with new potatoes, carrots, and snap beans (yellow & green). I also had a small coleslaw with mine, and feel very full. I was a very good girl today and I am still 400 cals under at this point. I even had .5 a protein bar for a snack this am. Will have a small snack later for about 100 cals to bring it up a bit.

Have a wonderful Thursday tomorrow everyone ... ;)

Chubbygirl253
09-27-2012, 01:03 AM
hi everyone, just checking in real quick. I did 3 hours of cardio plus strength training, food was good today. Sis wanted me to go to olive garden with her and I declined... yay I passed the willpower test. I'm going to bed early tonight because I think my body is trying to fight off the cold my nephew had last week. He doesn't know how to keep his slobber to himself and who can resist messy kisses from a toddler with rosy red jellycheeks? Not me, I'm afraid.

wilma12
09-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Rosebud: I'm sorry you have to go through this. I will pray for strength for you! I was just teasing about the date and was secretly wishing that it would be Friday. I love my weekends.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-27-2012, 04:41 PM
WILMA ~ thanks, I appreciate that a lot; I know that all you gals/guys are praying for me and it sure makes me feel better knowing that. Ya, yesterday was "hump day" as they say, but today is Thursday, so just one more day before the weekend. When I worked, I used to do the same thing.

In at least three places, I worked only 4 days a week, which I really liked (4 on, 2 or 3 off) so I would make something special for dinner on the first day, then I'd say on day 2 -- only 2 more days; then on the 3rd day, only 1 more day, and of course, yeah, it's the last day! That almost sounds like I didn't like my jobs but actually, I did -- it was just nice to look forward to the days off ... :lol:

LAURA ~ hope that you are feeling better soon; get lots of rest! :hug:

We had a lovely :sunny: day today, so I went for a nice, long walk (for me, that is) this afternoon. I took my time, but that's good as they say it's the length of time that matters more than the distance -- the longer you walk, the more cals you use up. Having a good OP eating day too ... :D

auntnelly
09-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Rosebud so sorry about your DH. Is there no other meds he could try? I suppose there are subtle things you could do to insure he doesn't wander off and get lost, which unfortunately, I have heard does happen occasionally. Maybe something on the door that goes off when opened? They have them but I don't know exactly how they work. I hope he stays safe :(

It is hard for me to jump into the conversations here because most of my questions and stuff involve the specific diet I have been on for 2 months now. It is the Metabolism Miracle and I must say, it is exactly what I need. I am to start the next Step on Monday and have to learn it all yet. I have lost a little weight, and some inches. I will be measuring again this week end.

I am glad the Lord allowed me to hear about this diet. In comparison to some of the others out there, it is pretty new, with the book coming out in 2009.

We all are sharing some sort of cold/cough crud. I believe it might be mycroplasma which DD's Dr thought it was. She had been coughing for most of August when I took her to the Dr on Monday. He put her on an antibiotic but she is still coughing. I will see how she is in another week before deciding it didn't work. Dr tested her for whooping cough even though she is vaccinated. It is getting bad this year here in the USA where we are having a record number of cases.

DH and I both have the cough as well as a few of the boys, but I guess it must be something else, but it sure is contagious !!

The previous record[for whooping cough in the USA], set in 2010, has been shattered as the country has seen 32,131 cases reported through September 15. The old record was nearly 5,000 cases lower at 27,550.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-28-2012, 04:56 PM
NELLY ~ will send up ^prayers^ for you and yours for this bad cough/cold that you all have. I hope they can find out what it is for sure so they can help somehow.

Yes, that was the second drug they tried but it made him worse. Now I am waiting for a call-back from the specialist as to what to do now. Honestly, he is so angry now that he doesn't want to see any doctors anymore, even his primary care physician. He blames them for his problems and doesn't trust them now. Oh boy -- I knew this wasn't going to go over well ...

Thanks for that idea about the door bell or buzzer. We used to have one on our store door for when customers came in. Will have to look into that; I mean, where to find them. I don't know how subtle that is really and I think he would realize what I am doing at this point. I actually asked him the other night (after finding him outside a few nights in a row) -- what do I have to do to keep track of you? Put something on the door? I meant more locks but the buzzer/bell idea is a good one too, but could he disable it on me? ;)

He told me that this wasn't his place; meaning not his home. So, I am having to explain that indeed it is and he has nowhere else to go. I will have to call the police to find him if he disappears though. Funny how some times, he seems OK, but other times is so lost. He has been saying that there are strange people in the house, but of course there wasn't anyone here but us and our furry baby. :(

It was actually funny what he packed in his tote -- pj's, electric shaver, a bag of flour, some koolaide, and some bags. Kinda cute like a little kid, I'd say. I told him that he'd go far on that ... ;) There have been many issues coming up that I have had to take measures about; I have only mentioned a few of them here really.

He told me today that he won't try that again, but now that it is started, I'll have to watch him more closely. Thankfully, our dog wakes me up whenever he hears DH going out the door so far. I am so tired; but got a bit more sleep last night. I asked GOD to get my angels to wake me up whenever he gets up.

I have to tell you all that GOD impressed upon me that this was coming awhile before -- the plan was in the works so2speak. Oh, how GOD has been so faithful to me. I cannot tell you all how much ... and I thank you all for your prayers for us; they are so appreciated. :hug:

Chubbygirl253
09-29-2012, 03:13 AM
hi y'all, just checking in quickly. I've been pretty busy this week. Diet and exercise is good though. My workouts have been stellar all week. Really happy with the hard work I've been putting in. Looking forward to Sunday taking my measurements to see how many inches I lost in Sept. :carrot:

bargoo
09-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Rosebud, I know this is tough for you. Is there such a thing as a support group for spouses of Alzheimers patients ? Try the internet, talking with those with the same problem can be so helpful in addition they would also have some great practical ideas.Can you just get a bell and fasten it to the top of the door it will ring when the door is opened , no wiring needed. Maybe a hardware store would have one.
I am continuing to keep you in prayer for your own health and also that you will have strength and endurance for the road ahead.

auntnelly
09-29-2012, 11:18 AM
I know that has to be difficult for you since you don't want your DH to feel alarmed at the alarm either.

I googled it and quickly found a web site just for Alzheimer's care givers. Her is the link if someone will leave it here for you to see. If not look for

alzstore.com

http://www.alzstore.com/Alzheimers/door--window-alarm.htm

Oh and the Dr thinks DD has parainfluenza virus and we will see him for a follow up on Thursday. She seems some better and I don't seem worse. DH is on an antibiotic and the other kids seem to have gotten over it ok.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-29-2012, 08:37 PM
BARGOO ~ Thanks, yes I thought that might be an option too (the bell); and yes, you are the second person this week to mention some support for Alzheimer's caregivers. You are right that they might have some good ideas to share too. I will definitely be checking that out. :hug:

NELLY ~ glad some of you are feeling better already; that's super! PRZ GOD! Thanks for the link -- will take a looksee ... :)

LAURA ~ good job on the plan and the exercise; hope you lost lotsa inches this month ... :D

Well, we had some :sunny: for the am but clouds and wind this afternoon, so I just stayed in and did a lot of mending this afternoon (my thumb was numb, but it's starting to feel better now :lol:). I did a lot of extra walking this week, so I don't feel bad about taking the weekend off at all.

We had baked fish for dinner tonight -- I had sole with corn and a coleslaw with cukes & some of my own cherry tomatoes. I was quite low on my calories yesterday so I had some popcorn for my evening snack, and took it as a flex day. ;)

Hope you all have a very pleasant Sunday tomorrow ... :hug:

Chubbygirl253
09-30-2012, 03:38 AM
hi guys! let's celebrate! I took my end of the month measurements a day early and I've lost 14 inches from various parts of my body in Sept. Yay!

things are good here. it was my day off from exercise but I went shopping and I swear I walked through the whole huge IKEA 3 times. 4 hours of walking/ slow pace. excited to get back to the Y tomorrow for c25k and yoga. Also going to a movie after my workout. gonna be a good day

Bootsie
09-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Rosebud I am so thrilled you or taking up your clothes you go girl! Laura hope your feeling better.

Yes Andy Williams ,Perry Combo, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens and I know John Wayne was not a singer but he was an awesome actor and all brought much happiness to many and none to ever be forgotten. Sure not gonna forget John Wayne to many reruns and I watch them each time like never seen them before.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-30-2012, 08:38 PM
BOOTSIE ~ I spent one whole afternoon on just one dress -- the hem and the neckline, but then forgot the sides. Oh well, will do that the next time. Did the neckline of one night-dress too. DH is a huge fan of John Wayne too; well, we both are but he has lots of his movies. My DAD loves both Johnny Cash & John Wayne too. :D

LAURA ~ WOWIE -- 14 inches is fabulous!!! That's a lot! I really find the toning exercises & weights help lot; they can make you "appear" a lot slimmer than size or weight might indicate. Great benefit for all your hard work. :D

The weather was glorious here today -- :sunny: all day long! It was around low 60's but it felt much warmer than that (in the sun, it was like in the 70's). Too bad the sun has dipped down below the houses already. Need I tell you that we had chicken for dinner tonight. I discovered that I still had six in the freezer; so it was time to use another one up. ;)

I managed to bake some muffins and two tea loaves for DH today even though I was a little under the weather. I think I was paying for eating all that popcorn the other night; what a mistake. Hope I remember not to do that again.

DH & I played cards last night; we played two out of three, and I expected him to win, but I did. Oh well, in time he'll catch up as we try out different games, I think. Next time, will be Chinese Checkers -- that one is much easier and he knows it well.

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up ... :flow2:

Chubbygirl253
10-01-2012, 03:26 AM
I'm really happy with my results of the goals I made for Sept. Here's where I ended up:
Lost 7 lbs. Goal was 13. That's ok, still lost 14 inches. (technically more cuz I only measured 1 thigh, 1 calf, and 1 upper arm)
Did 67 hours of cardio. Goal was 60
Did 191.5 miles. Goal was only 100
Burned 52,009 calories. Goal was 50,000

All in all, I did awesome.

Oct goals:
75 hours of cardio
200 miles
60,000 calories to burn
would like to lose 12 pounds

bargoo
10-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Ladies, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. In honor of this JC Penney is giving away free haircuts and styling to ladies in chemo for the entire month, I believe survivors qualify, as well. In addition to this they will donate $! for each free haircut, up to $50,000 to Breast Cancer Research. I am looking for a JCP with a salon as I qualify and have been thinking about a haircut for awhile. Pass the word around to friends that may qualify for this.
see www.jcpmediaroom.com click on jcp cares for more info.