Support Groups - September Sassy Sisters of the Worldlie Type

Pages : 1 [2]

Laura705
09-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Morning everyone.

Michelle - Sounds like a nice place, and a good location. Glad you're getting through. Keep the focus!! :)

Ceejay - Boo on the headache. Hope the meds finally get it gone. Your friend is sounding mysterious...

Annie - I'll still bear with the strange smell of the self-clean cycle over the messy oven cleaner foam. And we don't do nearly as much cooking as you, so I don't do the self clean cycle as often. Speaking of cooking...yesterday bf made the beef stroganoff recipe you posted last week - yum. Since we only had one pound of beef after we used a pound for tacos the other night, we just used the one pound and it was enough for us. We thought we'd use more mushrooms next time (we both love them) and maybe tweak it up with some red wine in place of some of the beef broth. But just as we had it last night, it was soooo delish and easy too. I ate more than I'd planned... It's a keeper! :)

Mel - So many reasons to hate swimsuit shopping, not enough time to list, LOL. Yeh, the plot of The Big Sleep is a bit twisty, but you just have to go with it and enjoy the dialog, especially between B & B. In the intro to the movie, the host said that the movie wasn't completed or released for nearly two years because they decided they really liked the chemistry between B&B and wanted to shoot more scenes with them. (They eventually married.) Love that porch you posted! The woman sitting on the train next to me had the paper and I glanced over and saw the headline something akin to "Dry summer, dull fall" which I guess means they are predicting less autumn color - boo. Pictures might have to substitute for the real thing. No, I did not get the exercise pass last night. Shame on me. :o Not sure when I will this week...

Shad - Have to look up pyrolitic...Gee, hope your friend can find something nice for $1.2 mill!!! :p

Hellos to Happy, Ellen, Patty & Mary - did I forget anyone???
===

Nothing much to report, since I already mentioned to Annie the yummy Beef Stroganoff I had for dinner last night. Movie night was moved to Thursday this week. My contact lens order is ready to pick up, so I'll do that tonight. Also have some library materials to return. Might watch the end of The Big Sleep. That's about it for me.

MELODY525
09-26-2012, 07:57 AM
http://www.scraps16.com/s/good_morning/good_morning_092.jpg

MORNING CHICKS
I ALREADY PUT REPORTS FROM LAST NIGHT DOWN IN THE OFFICE.
I LOVE THAT SLOT IN THE DOOR....JUST SHOVE IT IN THERE:rofl:
POOR OLD GENT PULLED HIS CORD BY ACCIDENT. HE WAS SO EMBARASSED.
I THINK HIS DOG REALLY DID IT THOUGH.
YESTERDAY TURNED OUT TO BE A LOVELY DAY.
WENT OUTSIDE FOR A FEW BUT I DID GET A LOT DONE INDOORS.
NOTHING NEW HERE. UNEXCITING LIFE!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY:moped:

ANNIE......YES...I AM AMAZED AT ROTTING THINGS TOO....LIKE MY BODY:rofl: :rofl:
MAYBE I BETTER START USING IT :belly:
HOPE THE FUNKY MOOD LIFTS. MAYBE IT'S THE THOUGHT OF DARKER DAYS.
JEN & I GET THE FALL BLUES SOMETIMES.
SPEAKING OF THOUGHTS...FIRST I WAS SINGING ELLEN'S BEATLE HIT,
NOW I AM SINGING HALL & OATES TUNES.....WARPED HERE TOO.

CEEJAY....THEY SAID SUMMER IS COMING BACK HERE TOO:encore:
I LOVED THAT PORCH PICTURE ALSO.
WE COULD SITH & CHAT THERE FOREVER WATCHING THE WORLD GO BY!
HOPE JONESBORO IS A GOOD THING AND I HOPE YOUR HEAD FEE;S BETTER TOO!:hug:
YOUR "JAIL SENTENCE" IS ALMOST OVER...THEN YOU CAN REST UP :beach:

MICHELLE.....GOOD GIRL!! FOCUS ON ALL THE GOOD STUFF.
ALL THE WONDERFUL NEW THINGS YOU WILL ENJOY. :hug:
SENDING GOOD & HAPPY THOUGHTS YOUR WAY!
THE NEW PLACE SOUNDS WONDERFUL! HAPPY DECORATING.
YES YOUR FEELINGS WILL BE ALL OVER THE PLACE.
LET THEM JUST WASH OVER YOU AND LEAVE.
I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS.

LAURA.....LAUREN & BOGIE MADE A GOOD PAIR.
BUT THEY DID SEEM AN ODD COUPLE.
I THINK THE LEAVES ON THE TREES DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO THIS YEAR.
HOT....COLD...HOT....WHAT A MESS THIS WEATER IS.
YOU CRACKED ME UP WITH THE LONG LIST AGAINST SWIMSUIT SHOPPING:rofl: :rofl:
SO MUCH TO SAY....SO LITTLE TIME:lol3:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GdF6QAwC0ZE/TsR9TaHPn5I/AAAAAAAAAM8/UTjgDW3sViM/s1600/snoopy-woodstock-autumn-leaves.jpg

annie175
09-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Mornin..still feeling a lil funky. THink I need a swift kick in the booty.

Boring evening...dinner...a little tube and bed.

MELLIE...thank God for drop slots. They have come in handy in my past. Kind of like knocking on the door and running away before they answer....haha

LAURA...what is the movie this week? Did I miss the title?

CEEG...hope the head is better today...hugs

CHELLE...you are getting stronger every day...I can feel it in your posts...keep on truckin'.

Hi the the rest of the worldlies.

Love and hugs

ceejay52
09-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Woke up this morning at 4 a.m. with a full blown headache. I took no chances and took a rx for the migraine. It's still with me but not as bad. It has to be the stress of all the hours worked.
Today is day 12 of 12. So looking forward to my three days off. Called the doctor's office and moved my appointment up to next week. Think this will be the last time I'm going to Jonesboro. I learned my lesson to keep a doctor here in town.

Mel
I wish all places of business had those slots. Poor guy must have been embarrassed about the alarm.

Annie
Hang in there. Thses moods can linger on a bit. Just tell them your the boss and get out.

Not much else is happening.

upswife
09-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi ladies, I've been running a little behind. Will catch up nd post soon

Laura705
09-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Morning all. Week's crawling for me. Bleh.

Annie -Haven't receive the "FINAL" movie night e-mail that has the selection. I already said I'd be skipping. The website for AMC theaters doesn't seem to be showing the movies in which passes aren't allowed as of late. The discounted tickets fall under this "no passes" category because they don't allow admission to movies until 10 days from its release. So if you don't know which movies are "no passes", our organizer has determined we should just choose any movie, brand new or out over 10 days ago. But I don't care for that because I think it'll just be an argument at the theater every time. I phoned the theater and asked how we were supposed to know if we could use our discounted tickets if the site doesn't indicate you can't and of course the employee didn't have an answer except to say that there was a glitch with the site. Whatever. I will discuss this with our movie night organizer at book club on Saturday to see how Thursday turned out. Oh - here you go, hope it helps: :kickbutt:

Mel - Love the Snoopy/Woodstock graphic!! Thanks for posting it. Reminds me -high time I've changed my avatar!! Oh sure, blame the dog for pulling the alarm!! Poor dog.

Hellos to all the missing/absent - hope your week is going well.
--
Went w/ bf to pick up my contacts last night when somehow during the drive he brought up how much is the new eye doc charging for the contacts. More than the old doc? Yep. Oh you should just get the new doc to print the rx and buy from the old doc. Then somehow he brings up that he didn't like the lens brand the new doc tried on him anyway (sample pair), and so he ordered from the old doc. And he asks me if I like the brand. I said I thought I was given the same ones I always wore. And then he asks if I like them. I say no, which he already knew because i'd been complaining for a while that they felt dry, but I didn't realize they were different (they are the same mfr, different "model"). So then I get all ticked off that I didn't realize I had different lenses and that I had gone through 6 !@#$% pairs dissatisfied with them and chalking it up to allergies. And of course I'm ticked at bf because he's the poor messenger of this apparent discovery, and ticked at the eye doc because he did or didn't ask me what lens I was currently in when I first saw him and why didn't he ask, and if he did, why did he change the brand on me, and if he did, he should have given me a sample pair to try first....Aaaargh. Of course I'm ticked at myself that I didn't bother to take note of my lens brand/model at the beginning of all this so this didn't happen.

So we didn't pick up the lenses. We stopped at the middle eastern place (part of the plan) for dinner (yum) and I left a message with the eye doc to phone me, and when we got home I checked my current lenses and compared to a previous set of boxes and yes, different brand of lens. (I keep the box in case I have a problem because it could be a defect and I'd been told by my old doc that they could be returned if I keep the box they came in.) Grrrr. Left another message w/ the doc saying I won't buy those lenses and to just send me my rx in the mail. :mad::mad:

And that was my evening. End of rant.

Off to change my avatar.

Laura705
09-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Repeat avatar as I didn't have time to browse the internet for one. Darn work, always interfering with my life, LOL.

MELODY525
09-26-2012, 03:50 PM
http://www.stringingwords.com/images/smiley/_playintherain__by_CyanSoujiro.gif WE CHANGED OUR PLANS.
GOING FOOD SHOPPING TOMORROW.
CAUSE FRIDAY WILL BE RAIN MOST OF THE DAY.:rain:
SEE YA WHEN I GET BACK.

MELODY525
09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
THAT DOG WAS GUILTY LAURA....

LOOK WHAT HE DOES TO THE OL MAN EVERY MORNING....
http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/dog3.gif

AND TELL THE JOB YOU NEED SOME ADDED 3FC TIME!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Shad
09-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Grrrrr,
Ever got to the point where you are so damn sure there is a prescription repeat on the fridge magnet that you don't even bother to look until the day comes when you need it repeated?? Only to find out it is not there and not anywhere. Damn it, now today I have to go to the surgery to wait and wait and wait until some dr can find five minutes to print me out a new one. Damn, damn, damn. Should have checked it earlier. Must be getting old.

Well the back yard is more or less tidy and being mowed. The shed is overflowing with stuff which should really be thrown out and I am nearly done with the house. Unfortunately my friend is due tonight for a couple of days and I still have a heap of stuff to do to get ready for Darwin. It will all get down, but I will probably sleep for the 3 hour flight on Sunday.

Laura - most important that we get our contact lens correct. They can be so uncomfortable if not. I suppose that is another thing I should have done before I went to Darwin, however it's not the end of the world, I can get the eyes checked in Darwin if necessary and new lens issued. So Annie's stroganoff recipe is wonderful. Might have to employ her as head chef in the commune.

Mel - had to laugh at the gentlemans excuse for the alarm. He probably thinks you will take the dog away from him if he speaks the truth. Bet he hangs the cord out of reach from now on.

Annie - sorry you are having some issues at the moment. It happens. Ride the wave and make your way slowly to shore.

Ceejay - headache too? Same as me. I'm blaming dust for mine.

Right better get on the move. Got too much to do to sit around. have a good day or night - whichever until I get back. See ya

annie175
09-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Good Morning....my mind finally clicked on this pathology bill I have been paying on....insurance was supposed to pay it, but didn't so I talked with the insurance and billing office, it got rebilled and paid. BUT....duh...from when ins. did not initially pay the bill it left a 195.00 balance. When it was rebilled ins. paid it in full, but billing office didn't realize it was a rebill and forwarded the 195.00 saying I owed it. You can bet I am calling them first thing with they open and get my $$ back. DUMBA$$E$ SO I should be getting a little bonus bucks once this gets all straightened out. THis probably didn't make any sense. In other words I was billed twice, insurance paid one and I paid one.

SHADDIE...thanks for the cheering up. The cause goes a lot deeper than I let on, but am coming to grips with it. When do you leave for Darwin and give Miss Sophie lovin' from me when you see her.

MELLIE...have a great day at TJs. We are having a mess of rain today, so bad that Miss Sassy did not want to stay out long enough to potty. I finally took an umbrella out, held it over her, then she trotted off and piddled. Wow so demanding.

LAURA...there is always some one or some thing to throw a wrench in the mix when it comes to clubs. Seems everyone agreeing on the same thing makes for arguments. I am like you, I would stay home just to stay out of it.

ELLEN...hello hope you are holding up the fort.

CEEG...I am feeling a bit better today...just got a lot on my mind and not things I want to really think about or deal with. Enjoy your days off, hope the headache is gone!

CHELLE...keep on pluggin' away at your happiness.

HAPPY...hope the vacay with momma is going great!

Better get to work, today is my Friday. Having a surprise party for Curtis's 50th birthday on Sunday and have a million things to do in the next two days. Cooking, cleaning, shopping...etc.

Loves and hugs.

MELODY525
09-27-2012, 09:37 AM
http://www.stannoss.org/preK_clip_image002.jpg

GUESS WHAT??? IT WAS RAINING AGAIN THIS MORNING!
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS WEATHER.
IT STOPPED LONG ENOUGH FOR ME TO GET TO THE STORE & HOME AGAIN.
WE LEFT EARLY FOR THE STORE.
I CANNOT TAKE MUCH MORE OF THESE DARK & DREARY DAYS. TERRIBLE.
NO GREAT SALES AT THE STORE TODAY.
BT THAT'S OK... TJ'S IS NEXT THURSDAY. :cb: CAN'T WAIT.
NOTHING NEW. JUST LOUSY WEATHER SINUS CRAP. Grrrrrrr.
I THINK JEN WENT UP TO GO BACK TO BED AFTER UNPACKING. LOL
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY!

ANNIE....PASS THE FUNK ON TO THE NEXT PERSON THAT GOES PAST YOUR DESK!!
THIS WAY YOU KNOW WHERE IT'S AT AND AVOID RUNNING INTO IT!!
I WENT TO PATHMARK...TJ'S IS NEXT WEEK. LOL
I CRACKED UP ABOUT SASSY!! TOO EFFING FUNNY WITH THE UMBRELLA!!! ROFLMAO
GLAD THE ERROR IS IN YOUR FAVOR.
JUST TOO BAD THE INS CO DID IT IN THE FIRST PLACE:tantrum:

CEEJAY....SURE HOPE THE HEAD FEELS A LOT BETTER TODAY.
BETWEEN WORK & WEATHER I CAN IMAGINE HOW YOU FEEL.
REST UP ON YOUR DAYS OFF!!:beach:
GOOD LUCK WITH THE DR WHEN YOU GO TOO.:hug:

LAURA.....SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LENSES.
HIT THE BF JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT. YOU'LL FEEL BETTER:lol3: :lol3"
NO ONE LIKES THE MESSENGER!!!
WHAT KID OF CRAP WAS THAT WITH THE DR?? BLAME HIM.
JUST GLAD YOU FOUND OUT SO YOUR POOR EYES WON'T FEEL SO BAD.
AS FOR THE MOVIES....WTF?!?! WORSE THAN A CATCH-22!
THEY SHOULD BE ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO GO AND USE THEIR PASSES.
THEY COULD USE THE MONEY TO STAY OPEN!
LOVE YOUR SNOOPY!

SHAD...YES THE OLD GUY IS A NERVOUS SORT.
HIS WIFE DIED AND THEY GOT HIM A DOG. THEN THE FRASSING DOG DIED!!
NOW THEY GOT HIM A NEW DOG(THE SON & HIS WIFE)
EVERYTME THERE IS PEE OR POOP IN AN ELEVATOR THE TENANTS BLAME THE DOGS HERE. SO HE GETS SCARED. BUT IT'S USUALLY A PERSON DOING THE PEEING:rofl: :rofl:
HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE FRIEND. ENJOY!!!:cofdate:
ALOS...SAFE TRAVELS ON SUNDAY!! HOPE DARWIN ISN'T TOO HOT JUST YET.
GOOD LUCK TOO WITH THE NEW JOB!! YOU'LL BE GREAT!!

ceejay52
09-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Good morning
From radar it looks like rain this morning. Wish I could have slept in more. But woke with yet another headache. I don't feel like doing anything.
I found out what my friend in Jonesboro is up to last night.
She's moving to Colorado. She and a friend are going to share an apartment together but what she's going to expect the other party to do is wait on her hand and foot. That will not last long. I hope I'm wrong.

Mel,
Poor guy. People think that animals are good company and they are to a certain extent, but they are more like a young child which requires constant care.

Annie
I have had those bouts with the insurance companies too. I was actually surprised at the recent visit to the emergency and how well things were paid. And tell C happy birthday. Planning a party can take time and effort.

Laura
I usually get my prescription lens at the doctor's office. This way if I have any problems I can take them back to have those readjusted. That's my next stop is to the eye doctor. That's where part of my over time money will go.

I hear it thundering so I suppose I should shut down the computer.

Laura705
09-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Morning all.

Ceejay - Sorry you couldn't sleep in today - would've helped get rid of the headache I bet. I say just lounge on the sofa and pretend to read or watch tv and maybe you'll get a bit drowsy and get in a nice nap. :yawn: Enjoy your weekend - you sure need it!! I hope your friend's move works out, but if the intentions aren't clearly understood by both parties it could be a major problem and that's a long way to move - have those two ever lived together before?? Bf's aunt keeps wanting bf's mom to move in with her, but they lived together once many years ago and it didn't work out. And the aunt is having health issues and so bf's mom would likely end up being the caregiver. Bf's mom struggles financially, but still realizes living w/ her sister would be a big mistake.

Mel - Boo on the rain! :rain: It gets so depressing after only a day or two. At least you got some shopping done. :) Yeh, I spread the blame liberally the other night re the lenses, LOL. Love the Woodstock graphic today!!

Annie - Aargh, hate those med insurance billing issues. I will be ranting about my mammo billing when that happens in Nov/Dec. - they always bill it wrong and I always have to call to straighten it out. Happy Friday for you!! :carrot: C. is lucky to have such a great woman throwing him a party unlike some who shall remain nameless... Don't overwork yourself. Re Sassy - she sure is training you well, LOL. :lol3:

Shad - Hope you got your rx filled. Between you, Annie and me, we sure have our dr/med/ins complaints at the moment! It's always something. Sounds like you've almost squared away everything before your trip to Darwin. Sleeping on the plane is probably the best way to cope with the joys of air travel anyway, so may as well try.

Hi Ellen!! :wave: On the go as usual. :moped:

Hellos to Michelle, Patty, Mary & Happy. Haven't heard from Happy at all - she must be busy with her mom and hopefully getting a chance to visit with other family and friends in town. I might give her a jingle, but I don't know if meeting up will work out for us this time around. Hope you're making the most of your visit Happy!! :)
===
Nothing much to report - such a ho hum week. Weather's been pretty nice, and supposed to be for the next several days. Bf was tired yesterday so I walked doggy and he marinated the chicken. On the walk, I noticed some trees are starting to change color around here. Might get out for a bike ride this weekend - not much time left for that. :bike2: I also have some yardwork to do. - cutting back all the peony foliage for starters. I also want to move a few clumps of sedum to a better spot where I can actually see and enjoy it and where it doesn't get suffocated by the taller stuff (peonies & daylilies). There's a lot of stuff just growing willynilly in one of the beds, and the weeds only made it that much worse this year.

I think 3 of my 5 transplanted hosta have survived the worst in their new spot. But that spot can be so dry because it's partially under the eaves and now without the big maple tree to shade it, it gets a lot of sun - even the hosta might struggle there in normal years, let alone this dry year. I might have to put something really suited for sunny/dry conditions there. Having had so much shade in the yard previously, this is new for me!!

Okay, enough rambling. On with the day!

ceejay52
09-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Laura
Unfortunately my friend in Jonesboro know this person through the web. I think the woman from Utah has been to her house a couple of times but I'm afraid of things like this.

-----
Our county is under a flash flood warning. So far it's all to the north of us. We did get some earlier today.

annie175
09-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Good morning chickies....busy day. Thought I would upload this pix of lil man and Sassy. They are the best of friends. This is how Sassy's day goes when Sam keeps her during the day.

Have a great Friday all...

Love and Hugs

MELODY525
09-28-2012, 07:16 AM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x255/julilloyd/508738oual1z9stf.gif

MORNING CHICKS

THE MEETINGS WENT BY SO FAST I ALMOST APPLAUDED!
ONE OF THE MEN HAD TO BE SOMEWHERE.
I TOLD THEM ALL THIS IS THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE EVERY MONTH.
WE ALL WANT TO BE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! LOTS OF LAUGHS.
ANYWAY.....THE BACKSTABBING CONTINUES AND RAISES WERE TERRIBLE.
I DON'T GET ONE CAUSE THE GOVT SAYS THEY'LL TAKE EVEN MORE AWAY FROM ME.
SO IT'S NOT WORTH THE HASSLE OF RPORTING ONE.
NOTHING NEW HERE. DARK & RAINY FOR A CHANGE :rofl: :rofl:
HOPING FOR A GOOD WEEKEND THOUGH.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.:moped:

CEEJAY...LORD...I HOPE THE FRIEND WILL BE OK WITH MOVING SO FAR AWAY.
I'M AFRAID OF THINGS LIKE THAT TOO.
HOW'S THE HEAD TODAY??? HOPE IT'S BETTER.:hug:
DID YOU GUYS END UP WITH THE FLASH FLOODS?
WE'RE HAVING BIG STORMS THAT CAME OUT OF THE NORTWEST.
STAY DRY AND ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF :encore:

LAURA...I KEEP FORGETTING ABOUT THE HOSTA.
I MIGHT ASK THE LANDSCAPER IF WE COULD GROW SOME OF THAT NEXT YEAR.
AT LEAST IT WOULD BE SOMETHING GREEN TO LOOK AT!!:dancer:
I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOUR BIKES THE OTHER DAY.
HOPE WE HAVE MANY DAYS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE FOR THAT!!
I HATE THINKING OF THE SNOWY DAYS AHEAD OF US:cry:
http://bikingtoronto.com/cycling50plus/files/2010/12/xsnoopy_bike-300x181.jpg

MELODY525
09-28-2012, 07:19 AM
:wave: WAVING TO ANNIE....CAN'T SEE ANY PICTURE BUT BET SHE'S SLEEPING!! ROFLMAO HAVE A GREAT "BUSY" DAY!!

Laura705
09-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Quick pop in from the train today. Happy Friday/Saturday!

Annie- Look how cute those two are together!! Adorable. Thanks for posting that - certainly made me smile. :)

Mel- yay for the meetings going quickly! Boo for the bad raises. Like that Snoopy pic. ;)

Ceejay- your friend's plan sounds iffy- such a long way to up & move. Hope you're feeling better today.
---
Another ho hum night except that our e-mail is goofed up - one of those situations where someone got in & has been sending emails to everyone. Now the provider has blocked our account because of it. Bf is on top of virus scans, etc but maybe the free antivirus software didn't catch what it needed to. Aargh.

Book club Sat nite, have to come up w a treat to bring,but that's about it. Hope the weather's nice for yardwork!

TTFN!

ceejay52
09-28-2012, 10:36 AM
All I can say for my friend is that she does her own thing. I could tell some hair raising stories about her and the web but will not go into detail. I'm concerned and if she moves, don't expect me to go and get her, that's extremely to far. I'm not sure if she's flying or riding. Can't see her driving/riding that far with her "back" problems. I'm going to visit with her Thursday and find out more.

Annie
My how the lil man has grown! The picture is adorable.

Laura
Did you mention that you use my fitness pal? My sis that lives in dallas really likes this sight so I went there. It's very similar to WW but it count's calories instead.

Mel
The "s" word, ugh, I'm not ready for that yet. I am ready for the cool air that fall brings.

Shad
Have you made it to Darwin?

Hello's to Ellen and Patty :wave:

Laura705
09-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Ceejay - I have used My Fitness Pal in the past and liked it just fine, but now I use the food tracker on SparkPeople. SP also tracks with calories, not ww points. Since I don't belong to WW and wouldn't know how to calculate points or be able to look them up as easily as calories, I prefer the sites that track using calories.

annie175
09-28-2012, 03:40 PM
My GOD this stupid computer zaps me in and out of size then when it decides to go back to full view I lose everything. I am so over this.

Tonites dinner is Cs catch on Wednesday of fresh fish. Been soaking in salt water. Going to bake it....hummmm, what to serve with it. Will surely think of something.

Today was wonderful. Spent with Sissy and lil man.....went to Costco, then lunch at Over the Border (Mexican), then Dollar Tree, and Walmart. We go so much accomplished for Cs party on Sunday and lil man's 1st birthday on the 20th. Even tho his BD is the 19th. I am more excited for lil man than C. lol. LIL man was perfec the entire day even tho he got so tired. Nanna kept him entertained as she is a complete NUT when it comes to lil man.

Gotta get busy AGAIN...love and hugs

Shad
09-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Morning all,
Can't stop for long. Have a few things to do before I take R back to millionaires row to spend her money. It was pretty much decided yesterday but have to have a run through again today to ensure the decision is final. It is interesting spending a million dollars. Well 1.3 million of them actually. Is it worth it?? Danged if I know. For me it wouldn't be because I would have a problem with not being able to get my hands dirty in the garden and not having enough to do. I like my space, although I have to admit that $1.3m buys you a bit of space. R is happy with the choices so why should I not be. I just hope it works out the way she wants.

Anyway, I am off to do some laundry, pick up a few things around the yard and the house, water the garden and bring the pots of orchids around to the back yard so they can all be watered together.
Next time I get back on here, I will be on my way to Darwin - early tomorrow morning.

MELODY525
09-29-2012, 07:40 AM
http://freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/images_db/694/prod_458_15866.gif

WORKED A BIT YESTERDAY AND I AM GLAD IT'S SATURDAY!
I JUST WONDER WHY I SIT HERE AND THINK THINGS WILL CHANGE.
THEY NEVER DO:faint:
I HEARD FROM MY FRIEND JOHN THAT RETIRED & MOVED TO PENNSY.
HE AND WIFE ARE HAPPY AND SPENDING THE WINTER IN FLORIDA.
THEY GO DOWN IN JANUARY TO FIND A NEW HOME.
I AM SO HAPPY FOR HIM TO BE OUT OF HERE & OUT OF TOWN.
HE WAS ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS THAT GOT LIED TO.
THEN THEY SHOWED HIM HOW EXPENDABLE HE WAS IN THE END.
VERY SAD. ANYWAY...HIS STORY HAS A HAPPY ENDING. :D
THEN I SPENT TIME OUTSIDE WITH TENANTS FOR AN HOUR OR SO.
QUIET NIGHT. JUST ME & THE TV.
NOTHING NEW HERE FOR ME.
JUST A "ME" WEEKEND I HOPE.:beach:
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.

CEEJAY.....GEE I HOPE YOUR FRIEND MADE A WISE DECISION.
THAT REALLY IS A LONG MOVE. BUT SHE'S AN ADULT.
RIGHT NOW I JUST HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND AFTER
ALL THOSE WORK DAYS. ENJOY THE TIME OFF:encore:

LAURA....HAVE FUN AT THE BOOK CLUB. WHAT IS THE SWEET TREAT??
I AM DROOLING ALREADY. I'LL TELL YOU A SECRET.
I BOUGHT GUAVA-CHEESE BUNS YESTERDAY!
I ACTUALLY WENT OUT IN THE RAIN TO DO IT TOO!!:rofl: :rofl:
SO I'LL SAVE YOU ONE IF YOU LIKE!

ANNIE.....SORRY THE PC IS GIVING YOU FITS.
SISSY, SASSY , CURT AND LIL MAN ARE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU.
WISHING BOTH OF THEM A HAPPY BIRTHDAY. THE YEAR HAS FLOWN BY!!
http://www.smileysnetwork.com/fetes/fete10.gif

SHAD.....I AM SO EXCITED FOR BOTH YOU AND R.
I HOPE SHE WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH HER CHOICE AND IN HER NEW HOME.
JUST THE THOUGHT OF SPENDING THAT MUCH MONEY IS EXHILLERATING TO ME!:rofl:
HOPE DARWIN SHOWS YOU A GOOD TIME. ENJOY.
AND TELL US ALL THE TRAVEL TALES.
I COULD USE A GOOD "VACATION" AWAY FROM HERE!!:beach:
SAFE TRAVELS MY DEAR LIL' SIS:hug:

Laura705
09-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Morning all. Quick post, have to get ready to go out & about.

Mel, my sweet treat for book club will be apple bread, recipe courtesy of the Penzey's catalog. Just finished halving the recipe (yields 2 loaves, only want one) & confirming I have all the ingredients except the apples. Guava cheese rolls sound like a yummy treat - is the cheese sweet or savory? Either way, what a combo. :). Yay for John achieving a retirement dream . :)

Shad- Safe travels!

Annie - wonderful reasons to celebrate - milestone bdays! Have fun. I've found the site here to be very hang-uppy lately in terms of pages coming up - frustrating!

Hellos to the rest of the gang!
--
Okay, have to dress, pick up dry cleaning, then it's breakfast w some friends. After that, buy the apples & make the bread. Later on is book club.

Cheers!
:cheers:

ceejay52
09-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Mel
If anyone deserves retirement it's John. Wish him the best. Hope your week is quiet.

Laura
The treats sound yummy. I baked brownies for the first time in awhile yesterday. I was bored, hungry and exhausted.

Annie
Enjoy your week end. I like dollar tree.

----
My week end has been ho hum. Not ready to go back to work. I'm still exhausted with a headache. Haven't been sleeping well either. The other night I woke myself up screaming. That's unusual for me.
Don't have a whole lot to do today. Need to plan a menu and then buy groceries.

Shad
09-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Ok, I am on my way to Darwin. Yesterday passed in a great rush and I left R signing her life away - fraid I would find that sort of debt a bit daunting even if it is only for a 5 year period. So now she has to save up hard and fast to ensure she has enough to cover the debt should the price on her current house not be up to expectations. Good for her tho'.

Miss Puss has gone around to DS2's and I have settled the house as best I can. Wish I knew someone who would come and live in it for a week or two, but there you go. I haven't.

Not much else going on here, I went to bed at 8.15 last night and slept through until the 4.30am alarm. Still feel tired. So I guess I might sleep my way to the 'top end'. Should sleep well tonight.

Catchup as I can

upswife
09-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Good Evening ladies! Been busy this week as always, I was off last weekend for a wedding and then spent Sunday with the family. Our church had a pot luck dinner, so that was nice to socialize a bit with everyone. Monday was ok, had to work again, Tuesday was a bit busier, walked with Mom then picked up DD2 at school and went right out for cross country meet. Not much happened Wednesday, then Thursday I had a dentist appt. No cavities! yay! Dh and I also went to the White Sox game. (they lost Boo).Dh had taken Friday off and since I had started to not feel well Thursday after the game he let me sleep in. I sat with DD3 and watch some cartoons, then went to work. DS was invited to another cross country meet.today. (14.32min 2.4 MI) I had to work, so I let Dh take him and I stayed with the girls until I had to leave. Just about time to go home...to turn around and do it all over again tomorrow. Whew! Now starts Choir for DD3 so I will be driving her to school 2 days a week for practice b4 classes.

I will try to post some personaly tomorrow if it stays slow. Hope everyone is doing well. Luv and Hugs ladies!!

MELODY525
09-30-2012, 07:02 AM
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys%20Summer/th_1lg144palmshammock.gif

MORNING CHICKS
NOT VERY MUCH GOING ON OVER HERE.
WATCHED CARTOONS & SOME OLD MOVIES YESTERDAY.
ELEANOR PARKER AND ROBERT TAYLOR IN "VALLEY OF THE KINGS".
GOOD FLICK.
HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND.

:wave: GOODBYE SHADDIE!!!
GUESS YOU ARE ALREADY THERE AND IN BED.
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AND GOOD LUCK AGAIN:hug:

CEEJAY....HOPE YOUR HEADACHE GOES AWAY SOON. THAT'S TERRIBLE.
I HATE WAKING UP SCREAMING TOO. NIGHTMARES ARE TERRIBLE TOO!!
MAY TODAY BE A GOOD DAY OF REST FOR YOU :hug:
THINK HAPPPY THOUGHTS :dancer:

LAURA.....BET THE HOUSE SMELLED TERRIFIC!!
YUM ON THE APPLE BREAD.
I KEEP FORGETTING ABOUT THE PENZY'S SITE & RECIPES.:drool:
THE GUAVA OVERPOWERED THE CHEES AND I COULDN'T EVEN TASTE IT.
THE ONES WE HAD FROM ANOTHER BAKERY WERE BETTER.

ELLEN......NOW THAT I READ YOUR POST, I NEED A NAP!!
GOD WHAT A WEEK YOU GUYS HAD.
HOPE YOU GET SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF SOON:rofl:

annie175
09-30-2012, 07:06 AM
HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY, CURTIS ALLEN....the love of my life!!:bday2you:

Party day...meatballs, lil weenies (not Sassy), potato salad, cheeseball, salsa, angeled eggs, rice crispy treats, ham cream cheese roll ups, fruit salad german chocolate cake..cleaned house, set up the screen room, ran errands, lunch with sissy and lil man, cut grass, finished laundry, bathed Sass, ...was a busy day cooking, cleaning and work. Hope everyone has a great time!!

Be back tomorrow with the report.

Love and hugs

ceejay52
09-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Morning

Ellen
Don't know how you keep things going. You exhaust me just reading about them.

Shad
Safe travels.

Can you believe that october is upon us. From the radar we may get some rain. The cloud is following the mighty Mississippi so may it will get some of the rain. That river is the lowest I've seen in a while,, since 1980.

MELODY525
09-30-2012, 12:12 PM
STOP!!

NEW FALL THREAD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/267215-fall-into-october-worldly-chicks.html#post4484076