Simply Filling/Core - Simply Filling/Core Chat: Sept 1-14th

Tejas
09-01-2012, 08:22 AM
New Pages

Ok, we're trying our new 2-week thread now. Get on board.

Tejas
09-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning everyone.

Have you got Labor Day plans? Mine are to work in the yard as much as I can handle. We're invited to a picnic on Monday but I may spend the day with my niece instead.

I got on the scales; gained 8 pounds since the end of May. Discouraging, but it could have been worse. I'm back on very low carbs.

nancy237
09-01-2012, 04:29 PM
After being sick the other night I am down 3 lbs..
Tough way to lose but I'll take it..

ontarget
09-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. I would prob have gained much much more. You'll have those extras off soon.

Nancy, I'm with you. I'd take it, too. Glad you're feeling better, though.

We had friends down from Keller today for shooting, eating, visiting. It was a good day. She thought I'd lost more than I have. Now that's good news for sure!!

We have friends coming over to shoot Sun and Mon. My gf's readying for a state championship in OK next weekend. Gonna be fun! Other than that, we'll go to church and out to lunch with friends.

sloanie
09-01-2012, 10:19 PM
:carrot: DD is visiting from Oklahoma City!

ontarget
09-02-2012, 10:07 AM
We're up readying to go to church.

:woohoo: Sloan. Enjoy DD!

Vickie
09-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

The rain from Isaac continues here but it is the steady deep soaking we've needed for a long while and not the tragedy that is happening on the coast. I'm praying for all those poor people.

Rhonda, it's heck to hurt isn't it? I hope you're back to tip top shape soon. I certainly understand about the 8 pounds since I have 25 of my own. At some point during my 18 months, i just gave up and let it happen. Keep fighting, my friend.

Nancy, NOT the way to lose weight. Sorry you were sick. My Sister has a hiatal hernia like me and she won't take the medicine so she can't heal her stomach which means she can't eat. She's lost 30 pounds and she's still dropping. Hope you're feeling better today.

Sandra, you sound like you are having a ball! Keep it up.

Sloane, enjoy DD and have a wonderful holiday.

Pam, someone else recommended those Popchips to me. I guess I shouldn't try them if they are really addictive. I'm trying to eat more clean also.

Mary Ann, try to survive the tourists. At least you know they keep your taxes low!

I'm going to the birthday party of my Great Nephew today who actually turns 9 today. It'll be nice. My Nieces and Nephews always go all out with catered food supplemented with family favorites. It will be an eating trap! I slept late so I'll nibble here before we go to try not to go hungry so I have some semblance of will power. We have no plans for tomorrow but may go to our favorite mexican place for dinner.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

ontarget
09-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Vickie, how are you feeling? You sound a little down with your post. Go enjoy yourself at the birthday party. Those little ones grow up too fast.

My gf will be here in a few minutes. It's hot and sunny. I'll prob get a redo on my tan. :lol:

Ya'll have a good day.

Tejas
09-02-2012, 11:02 PM
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I've been working in the yard. The progress is slow because I am pulling out Bermuda grass from hard packed sand/clay--the thatch is about 2 + inches thick. I've bought topsoil and plants in anticipation of having the grass out in a few days. It may take longer, but that's all right.

Sandra, it sounds like you're having fun with friends...wonderful.

Vickie, I hope you survived the eating temptations.

Sloan, I hope you have a great visit with your daughter.

Nancy, I hope you feel better now.

If you're enjoying this 3 day weekend, don't forget who made it possible.

Vickie
09-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I had a very nice time at the party yesterday and did a good job with my eating though there were no healthy choices. If I sounded down it was because I'm pretty miserable and uncomfortable in my skin.

Sandra, thanks for caring. How's that tan? I hid inside yesterday. Too humid. Humidity makes me feel sick and it is the height of our allergy season here. I'm very allergic to weeds.

Rhonda, did you conquer all that grass? I picture you doing a butt walk through the yard getting it all pulled out. We are having a core aeration done next week just in the front and sides of the house. We need it done in back too but it is too messy with a dog!

Today will be quiet. We aren't going out to eat. We decided to stay home and cook our last two fresh (frozen) turkey thighs. We'll have mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, and homemade applesauce with them. We are pooped. Yesterday was a really high energy party. It's quiet in here right now like I like it!

Have a great Labor Day. Rhonda's right. Remember the reason for the holiday.

ontarget
09-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Good morning. We had a good time yesterday even though it was H O T. I came inside and got my Chilli Pad and wrapped it (wet) around my head. That kept me much much cooler. My weight is up a pound this morning. Of course, that makes me want to eat more. Crazy!

Rhonda, I hope you're getting to work in the shade. That will help some with the heat. Looks like we're in for a scorching week. You be careful.

Vickie, I understand how you're feeling. I am feeling the same this morning. Curtis is having problems with allergies. So far, I'm all right except for a rash around my nose.

It's amazing how being up 1 pound from last week makes me want pizza. Did ya'll know you have a crazy friend here? :lol:

Tejas
09-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes, I'm working only in the shade. It's very humid today and I'm probably not going to work in the yard. I'm hoping to go swimming later with my niece.

Sandra, don't you eat that pizza :lol: Vickie, enjoy your slower day today, and it's good to hear that you enjoyed yesterday.

I lost a pound.

beach bum
09-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Sorry for being Mia for several days I was kept either busy or could it be lazy with all this weather I just seemed to want to veg out.

Now that Sept is here I'm going to be busy with my choir practice and other church activity beginning this fall and beyond.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages, I like the new idea of every other week thread. No I'm not doing anything this Labor Day Weekend.I'm going to be alone today,as all my friends are with their families,but I'm not upset as I went to movies with my friend Mary to see Ice Age. They movie out there that's worth seeing. :carrot:Congrats :carrot:on your 1 lb loss. I stayed the same this week

NANCY- :carrot:Congrats:carrot: on your 3 lb weight loss but that not a way to lose hope you're feeling better today.

SANDRA-Have a great time with your friends this weekend.

SLOAN-Have a wonderful time with your DD visit. Take some photos to remember the visit.

VICKIE-Went down to the beach this morning to walk along the beaches but I was surprised the were quite empty. The lifeguards are still here. I guess the children are now gone back to school earlier that they were last year. My DGC started school last Wednesday. Have a great time at the birthday party. I having pork chops with mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts.

Have to start my dinner have a great day

pam920
09-03-2012, 12:24 PM
good afternoon chicks. I slept till 9:30 this morning. I must have been super tired, as I went to bed earlier than usual.

Talked to my sis today. She's been doing paleo diet and lost 5 lbs in a week. I think it's similar to what sloan is doing. I can live with that diet. No beans, which is something I love, but I need to do something. I've gained around 5 lbs and need to get a grip on that.

I used to participate in the parade in Detroit when I was working. Happy Labor Day!!!

ontarget
09-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi there. We're home from town. I haven't had any pizza, but I could have made a few better choices. I'm not sure I'm going to WW in the morning. We may take the boat out on the lake. This will be Curtis' first chance in over 2 months. He needs to do this. I hope we go.

Maryann, I'll bet you enjoyed Ice Age yesterday. I saw the first one but haven't wanted to see the others. I would like to see Brave and also the new Batman movie. Th

Curtis and I had company this morning. My gf came out and was here till after noon flinging arrows. She's doing really well.

It's H O T!! I am really tired after being outside all morning. The rest of the day I'm just "chillin."

Ya'll have a good day.

Tejas
09-03-2012, 10:11 PM
oh well, I did work in the yard, and did not go swimming!

nancy237
09-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Tried to work this morning in the yard and gave up and went back to bed. Did get some shopping done this afternoon. I had a careful plan to have this house ready for the photographer by Wed but getting sick wasn't in the plan.

I have a yard guy coming tomorrow and if I feel better I can get the inside finished. I really only have some touch up painting, hanging some things and cleaning windows. If I don't feel better I am going to rest and get it listed when its ready..

Its so close, can't beleive I got sick enough to stop on this final stuff...

My appetite is back some tonight so that is a good sign.

beach bum
09-04-2012, 01:54 PM

Didn't do anything but bum around,yesterday.
Thought that my friends were with there families until I called them last night. Oh well!!,I walked along the beach for around 25 mins before going home to start dinner.

Tourist are numbering down,beaches are emptying out,now it our [locals] time to enjoy the cooler weather and temps.

Going on a cruise around the Cape Cod Canal for Birth-rite next Sunday with a bunch of people from my church. Now I just found out there are possibilities to either go to Italy or The Holy Land some time next year,with a group trip. Hopefully it won't be a pipe dream.

Otherwise noting is new.

PAM-:carrot:Congrats:carrot: on your sister losing 5 lbs. Just eat less and going on low carb fasting for two days is bringing my #'s down.

SANDRA-I used to go to drama or action movies but now a day they are so immoral that my friend Mary and I like the cartoons better.

NANCY-Happy that all is going fine with the house,Take it easy and take a deep breath,don't get over whelmed.Things will fall into place.

Have to go have a great day

ontarget
09-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Rhonda, we're so ready for cooler temps. I'll bet you are, too.

Nancy, just do what you can. My eating was horrible yesterday. I'm redusting today.

Maryann, I'm glad you're getting your beach back. I hope you get to take your trip next year. Enjoy your cruise.

I went to WW this am but chose not to WI. The meeting was about the importance of believing in yourself. I really enjoyed it. Glad I went. I need to find a different meeting next week as I'm subbing Tuesday.

nancy237
09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Lots got done today, I feel better, AC got fixed, and photo session of house got moved to Friday...

On top of all that the guy I hired off Craigslist to help in the yard showed up and I decided right then and there I was working outside today. Drop dead handsome, nice, worked for America Cancer Society for 8 years, and articulate.. He is a personal trainer too and biked (as in bicycle) here from across town. Asked if he could change from bike shorts in the garage and I was thinking " You can change anywhere you would like & let me know if you need help !!!" :o

He is coming back tomorrow..

sloanie
09-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Nancy, your post makes me smile! I hope Mr. Drop Dead Handsome turns out to be a nice guy! Start batting those "baby blues" ;)

Had a fun visit with DD. We will be going to Oklahoma in October to visit. Long drive, but worth it to see my girl!

Diet is not going well the last couple of days. I need to do some grocery shopping!!

ontarget
09-04-2012, 06:03 PM
:woohoo: Nancy! You go, girl!!! Bat those baby blues for sure.

Sloan, I had a meltdown yesterday but am back on track today. And my getting back on track included grocery shopping this morning.

nancy237
09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Just cooked a stir fry with steak & veggies..I am going to try to start fixing dinner more instead of picking up.

pam920
09-04-2012, 08:17 PM
hello chicks.

Maryann, a trip to Italy sounds like fun. I'm not too keen about traveling overseas, but Italy or France sounds good to me. I can't remember the last time I went to a movie. I have to tape everything on tv, as I can't sit still for 2 hrs. I watch at my convenience.

Rhonda, sorry you didn't get to swim. It's too hot to do yard work.

Sandra, glad you can jump back on after falling off. I wish it was that easy for me.

Nancy, I had to smile reading about Mr. Drop Dead Handsome. I don't mind cooking, just hate shopping for food.

sloan, hope you had a good visit with your daughter. We are allowed to go off our diet when we have company. It's in the rule book, #501.

Vickie, your dinner sounded good. I only make mashed potatoes when we have a family gathering. My kids love them. Otherwise, no potatoes in this house, except for sweet.

Day 2 of this diet. It was my daughters birthday and her salon partner called and invited me to lunch to surprise her. Mexican. I was so good. No chips. I ordered fajitas and only ate the chicken, peppers and lettuce with some salsa and guacamole. I am determined to drop at least 5 lbs. Then I'm going to switch over to South Beach Diet. I like my grains and beans. Can't have either right now.

Tejas
09-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Trips, Craiglist...hmm, some of us are having more fun than the others!

Nothing new here. I had another hard night--awake often. Finally at 7AM I really crashed and slept until 11.

pam920
09-05-2012, 05:59 PM
are you still in a lot of pain Rhonda? Are you out of the boot? I have those nights where I can't sleep. 4 hrs isn't going to cut it. Hope you get some rest tonight.

Still sticking with my diet. Day 3. I even did Leslie walking tapes 2 days in a row. Haven't done it today and not sure if I will. We are having a late dinner.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Forgot to mention. Sloan, I love your new avatar. What a great picture. You can see the love.

ontarget
09-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Rhonda, I'm sorry you're having such pain. Do you still have pain meds you can take?

Pam, you bragged on me too soon. I deep-ended today after I got home from school. I need a spanking or something.

My brother is scheduled for his amputation the 13th. He's ready to do it now as the pain has gotten continuously bad. On a good note--he's now ready to have the surgery and has stopped dreading it.

nancy237
09-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Sandra..I am glad your brother is getting this behind him & that he seems to be accepting it better..

Lots done today and I am beat. I am getting on a better schedule of working hard all day and then being done by evening. I used to often get started late and keep working til bedtime.

Weird thing..last night in the middle of the night I heard something loud that sounded like it hit our shed or side of the house. This morning I found a tree limb that came straight down and right through the roof of the shed ..
It wasn't that large around (maybe 4 inches ) That would have killed someone if it had hit them. It wasn't even windy last night.

Yard guy worked all day, I told him today that it was fine if he ever wanted to take a dip in the pool to cool off ..

Him :swim: Me :corn:

Just kidding around girls !!!!

ontarget
09-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Nancy, a little over 30 years ago we had a pool put in by a guy who looked a lot like Tom Selleck. I had 2 gf's come over and we watched him work. He was shirtless while working the backhoe. We had a lot of innocent laughs and giggles, so I totally understand.

That's something about the tree limb. Sure am glad no one was hurt.

nancy237
09-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Nancy, a little over 30 years ago we had a pool put in by a guy who looked a lot like Tom Selleck. I had 2 gf's come over and we watched him work. He was shirtless while working the backhoe. We had a lot of innocent laughs and giggles, so I totally understand.

That's something about the tree limb. Sure am glad no one was hurt.

About 20 years ago I hired a tree guy and when I looked out he had taken his shirt off and he was built & tan & gorgeous ..We had a close neigborhood and all the girls suddenly needed to stop over when the word got out.. The 70 year old lady behind me found some trees to hire him for in a hurry !! He still does my trees...

pam920
09-06-2012, 10:07 AM
morning chicks.

Nancy and Sandra, you have me cracking up. I am picturing Desperate Housewives.

Not much new here. Very hot and humid.

Tejas
09-06-2012, 11:51 AM
I definitely need to get a new tree guy :lol:

Nancy, do you know if that tree had ever been struck by lightening? I was told that sometimes they are, we don't know it, and they get weak and break. They're called "widow makers."

Yes, there is still pain. I've been trying to make do with Ibuprofen but it's not getting to the pain. I took one of DH's pain pills and slept last night. I see the podiatrist on Monday and will see if he will approve more pills as I go through the next transition. I am out of all boots and into real shoes. I have to keep the incision area wrapped a few turns in an Ace bandage and can wear only one pair of shoes.

I went to tap class and walked through he routines for about 30 minutes, and I'm going to the gym (upper body) this afternoon. We'll see how all this goes. My hips hurt because of all the contorted walking.

Sandra, I'm glad to hear that your brother is moving ahead. I can't imagine what pain he is having and what he has yet to go through. Walking with crutches is horrible. Will he have a prosthetic, or do you know?

Oh, Sandra, I'm going to put something on your FB about a possible leak at a gas well in Glen Rose.

Back later.

ontarget
09-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Beep Beep!!! Vrooooommmmmmmm!!!!!!! This morning while we were out shooting at the target 40 yds away, a road runner zipped by right behind the target twice. It was a KEWL moment!!

I'm not talking about my eating cuz it's BAD. Nuff said.

Pam, I was pretty desperate back then. (and Lucylike)

Rhonda, thank you for the heads up on the gas leak. I'll go check it out. My brother is looking to get a prosthetic. He's been doing some research. I'll let you know how things go for him.

ontarget
09-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Rhonda, do you think that could be more nuclear related and they're trying to say "gas"?

Tejas
09-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Sandra, no, it's a gas well. But just think about what explosions in the area could bring. Better yet, don't think about it. :lol:

pam920
09-06-2012, 04:31 PM
I am hungry. Not sure this diet is going to last much longer. On day 4 and today I'm feeling especially hungry. Not a whole lot to eat on this diet, guess that's why they call it the caveman diet. I might have to switch over to the SBD soon. I miss my beans and milk.

Sandra, your brother will be in my prayers that his surgery goes well. I don't know that I could accept it. Glad he has comes to terms with it.

this popped up on my fb.......... chocolate cake, with less calories.
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/hungry-girl-club-soda-chocolate-cake

ontarget
09-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Pam, thank you for the recipe. I'm guessing the whole cake would be 61 P+. That's what most cake mixes are anyway.

I have a potato casserole in the oven and a Paula Deen Peach Cobbler cooling on the stove top. Both are for tonight's potluck at church. Needless to say, I will eat some of both.

Ah, well. Life goes on......

Tejas
09-06-2012, 11:29 PM
i was glued to TV tonight with Dh and a good friend. We had very healthy snacks...more carrots and hummus for me. The indulgence was 2 glasses of wine.

I had a very good workout today, pushing the foot a little and doing well. I hope that lasts. We are expecting a cool front tomorrow, and do we ever need. it. I still have gardening to do and I want some cool temperatures.

pam920
09-06-2012, 11:41 PM
checking in. Rhonda, I hope you don't over do it with your foot. It seems like it's taking forever to me, so I can only imagine how you feel. Yes, good TV tonight.

I went off diet. Didn't eat crazy or anything, but had cereal for dinner.

ontarget
09-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Rhonda, I know you're tired of taking it easy, but please don't overdo and have a setback. Wine sounds good.

Pam, Curtis and I overate the last 3 days but are dusted this morning. I just had a frozen banana. It was a good treat.

We're ready for the cooler temps, too. I watered the plants this morning and changed the hummingbird feeders. A couple buzzed me while I was changing the one in the back. I'm making lo chicken fajitas and potatoes for lunch. I'm off here to walk a loop.

nancy237
09-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Interesting day...The photo shoot for the house was at 12:30.
Last night a major storm came through, left pool dirty & driveway washed out & leaves everywhere..

I had Grandparent Reading Day this am so at 9 am I called my realtor and told her I didn't know how I could get the last minute things done. There were also pictures still to hang, windows to clean, things to move, & flowers needed ect.

She sent her husband (who is also my realtor) and in a few hours it transformed. When the photographer got here we were still sprucing each room as he took photos of it..Realtor was blowing leaves while I worked in the house with the photogragher.. I felt like it was a HGTV episode..

I had a old large framed picture in the attic I bought for a few dollars for the frame and the realtor saw it & liked it & used it downstairs..Never would have guessed that would have been used..

So after all that I took the day off..ate my favorite lunch & napped and started a new Nichols Sparks book..

Selling this place has such mixed emotions..relief & uncertainty
Closing a familiar chapter of life in order to open another unknown one...

ontarget
09-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Nancy :hug:

Vickie
09-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm flying to go watch my Great Niece/Goddaughter's soccer game. She's 6 and I haven't been to one yet. I'm looking forward to it.

Light and love to all of you!

Tejas
09-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Nancy :hug:

We have a nice cool front...all the way down to 80F. Need to get outside and work. I'll be careful! This foot thing is boring. I should quit talking about it.

ontarget
09-08-2012, 04:45 PM
We're home from a day out having good times with friends. Some more folks are due to arrive in a few minutes. I'm op but barely.

Tejas
09-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I wanted to tell you all about a dessert I had at a neighbor's house recently.

She puts frozen bananas in her food processor and lets it run until they have a consistency like ice cream. She just adds a little vanilla. It was delicious, but I haven't tried to make it yet.

i've been working in the yard for three hours, mostly sitting. I'll be back out shortly. I really want to get those plants in. When I'm finished I'll tell you what I've done in more detail.

ontarget
09-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Rhonda, sounds like you're enjoying this cooler weather. I freeze bananas, too. I've never added vanilla. I'll bet it's really good that way.

sloanie
09-08-2012, 09:11 PM
It's been a long week, and I am sooooo tired! Been keepin' up with y'all :) Nothing wrong...just tired!

pam920
09-08-2012, 10:26 PM
hello chicks.

My daughter came here yesterday and stayed the night with me. It was good to see her. It's been a lazy day. Working on a plastic spoon mirror. Other than that just watching HGTV.

We have cooler weather too. A great change from the heat. Hubby is at parents until next weekend, to give his sisters a break.

My eating is out of control, again!!! What is wrong with me?

twestra
09-09-2012, 10:46 AM
It's been a long time since I've posted on here, and I'm thinking about getting back on track again. I'm not joining ww, but want to do it on my own and thought of this site. I remember most of you, not sure if you remember me. I have been going over the recipes, and a lot of them are from me. So I hope you don't mind if I join the group again.

sloanie
09-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey Tracie, I think about you all the time! Glad you are back?

nancy237
09-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Enjoying a restful weekend, plan to get back to work on the house on Monday .
Then the rest of Sept I plan to sort & purge extra stuff, keep the house looking nice and start exercising. Someone told me that if you have 3 main goals(written down ) per month that you can stay focused .. so
1)Listing house, 2)sorting & getting rid of stuff, 3)exercising..those are my 3..

If it sells fast I am just planning to do a simple apartment while I house hunt,
unless I find something first..

I think I have decided on a ranch , about 2000 sqft, with a big family room & fireplace..& some privacy in the back..I was looking at houses with just the master downstairs, but I will still end up doing stairs to use the other spaces and clean. If grandkids come and stay I think having them on another floor would bother me ...hadn't really thought through that..

ontarget
09-09-2012, 02:51 PM
:welcome: Tracie. We're all sort of rebooting here. It's good to have you back.

Nancy, 3 things is a good idea. You know me. I'm the copycat here. Now I'm thinking of what my 3 might be.

Sloan, school has to be hectic. Get some rest.

Pam, I ate at Chicken Express today. The only things I had that weren't fried were biscuit/gravy/mashed potatoes. Nuff said.

We have company coming out this evening. Right now, Curtis is powerwashing the porches. I moved all the plants/furniture. I'm pooped!

Tejas
09-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Welcome back, Tracie.

I am very tired and will be taking a nap soon. I'm making grilled salmon for dinner. We had a healthy breakfast out with my niece and her husband, then when I went to church I ate a donut and a cookie! :nono: Oh well--maybe that's part of why I'm tired. Although I do think working in the yard has a lot to do with it.

ontarget
09-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Donut..............mmmmmmmmmmmmm. I want one or two or twelve....:hungry:

sloanie
09-09-2012, 09:23 PM
On top of school craziness, my Bible study has started again, I am doing the Statistics class, and today, I made wedding cakes. 3 separate tiers: one 12 in, one 8 in, and one 6 in. Of course, I ate some of the pieces that I cut off when I leveled them :( Next week I will make the 10 inch cake. I am stacking them and crumb coating them then putting them in the freezer. The wedding is Oct. 6. I will cover each cake with white fondant and top them with sugared grapes. The wedding is "wine themed". Also, my goal is to finish my statistics class before Oct. 15 'cause my Old Testament history class starts on that date. When my bachelors' program starts in January, I will no longer be doing my Bible study :(, so I should be less busy as my Bible study is a two day a week commitment. I will miss Bible study, but it is on the same night as my class, and I would way too busy to do both. Right now, I plan to continue to paint, but that may have to be put on hold, too. Sorry about rambling, but I wanted y'all to know why I am so bad about posting. Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend!

ontarget
09-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Sloan, you are a busy chickie for sure. The cake sounds delicious. I like the idea of a wine theme. How creative!

Tejas
09-09-2012, 10:21 PM
wine sounds good! :lol:

sloanie
09-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Have you seen the plaque that says: I love cooking with wine, and sometimes I put a little in the food"? Love it!!!

ontarget
09-10-2012, 09:47 AM
:lol:

We're off to take the boat for a short fishing trip. I get a pedi this afternoon. Busy day.

Tejas
09-10-2012, 01:25 PM
I've seen that adage about wine...it's good, and true.

I saw the podiatrist today who said that the range of motion is very good, better than at the last visit. He says that I should expect continued swelling and associated pain for a while yet. He also told me to wear my walking shoes, not gym shoes. He says the new, lighter weight gym shoes are making him rich. He had quite a bit to say about what I can and cannot do at the gym, so I have to cut back on a few things. But, if I wear my walking shoes or hiking boots, I can start walking for exercise. All in all, it was a good report. I had planned a trip to Toronto but I'm postponing it for a month.

ontarget
09-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you got the good report.

pam920
09-10-2012, 10:45 PM
hello chicks.

sloan, you are one busy chick. You had my head spinning reading all that.

Sandra, a pedi sounds good. My daughter quit doing them. She still does nails, along with hair, but only polishes the toes, no pedi. She always hated doing them. Some people have some nasty feet.

Rhonda, that is good news. Didn't know you were going to visit Toronto. Have fun.

I had to get my lab work done today so my dr. will have it Wed. when I see him. I have a feeling it won't be good and he will put me back on the Niaspan.

hey to the missing chicks. Hello and welcome back Tracie.

beach bum
09-11-2012, 12:48 PM

I'm been busy this whole past week,and now it starts up again. Gee!! !, I see I haven't posted since the 4th. Now this week on Sunday I went to a couple of friends on a boat ride up the cape cod canal for the right to life tour.Monday it was out and Wed I going to a mini retreat,Thursday its more church functions and Friday off to the cemetery and than having lunch with Rita,but before I do, I have to meet a woman from the Medjugorji group to send some products over there as they don't have these items. This afternoon Mary Pat & I are gong to see The WORD.

Have to go,don't know when I will be back

have a great day

ontarget
09-11-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm home from subbing. Had a good time with the students. I told them I am really enjoying watching them grow up. This is my 4th year with some of them.

Pam, I'm getting another in a little over 2 weeks because of Curtis' 50th class reunion.

Maryann, you're really busy. Have fun.

I'm back OP. Life is good.

nancy237
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Its going on MLS today...

Here is the link to the Virtual Tour..We have a few corrections to make
but its almost ready..

Prices are crazy high in North Raleigh , but the Reatlor thinks its priced right for the location..

http://www.tourfactory.com/906615

Tejas
09-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Good heavens, Nancy..what a stunningly beautiful home and setting, and wonderfully staged. I can see how that would be so hard to leave. Maybe we should just all move in with you!! :woohoo:

ontarget
09-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Nancy, this is a gorgeous showplace. I can't imagine selling it. Rhonda's right. Let's all move in with you.

nancy237
09-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks guys...
All I tend to see are the repairs needed, weeds, leaves to blow, floors to clean,
washed out holes in the drive, ect...

I looked at apartments today and found a nice complex near me that does
3 month leases that can then become month to month rental. I really like the idea of doing that to take the pressure of house shopping off me right now.

Once in the apartment I can rest & travel and get used to my new job..
Then house shop at leisure...

I feel a huge relief to have it on the market..Even if it takes a while to sell.
I feel like I can move on to other things beyond house repairs..

twestra
09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm slowly getting back on track. But tonight, we had to go and watch my boyfriends daughter dance at a football game. She told us to be there at 6:15, so I got out of work and had to rush just to get there on time. Well, we got there and found out that the game didn't start until 6:30 and she wasn't dancing until half time. I was starving. I did great eating healthy all day, drank all my water and here I am starving at a football game. I ended up eating a hot dog. Not so good. I also had a little bit of popcorn. Every day, something has come up and I end up eating one bad meal a day. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

ontarget
09-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Hang in there, Tracie. None of us is perfect (especially me).

Tejas
09-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Tomorrow is good, Tracie.

Nancy, that sounds like a plan. You have some adjustments to make! I hope the property sells soon and that you get over listing price!! :lol:

I turned on my foot today and it hurts like the :devil:. Pills tonight!

Vickie
09-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We have been busy all week. Just got back from taking Brodie to the Vet again for a CBC. We both get to eat breakfast now. Mommy couldn't eat in front of him since he was fasted!

Now to run and get ready for the cleaning lady. When she leaves I'll be making homemade applesauce and figuring out what to have for dinner.

Hope to be able to have time to catch up soon.

pam920
09-13-2012, 11:01 AM
good morning chicks.

Nancy, your home is beautiful. I would hate to leave there, but I understand it's a lot of house for one person. Hope it sells quick.

Tracie, one hot dog is not too bad. Today is a new day.

Rhonda, oh, Rhonda. What are we going to do with you. I hope you didn't set yourself back.

Sandra, how often are you subbing? It's great you have the same students. I know they love you.

Maryann, you are too busy lately, but that is a good thing.

Vickie, hope everything is okay with Brodie. That is cute that you waited to eat.

I went to Dr. yesterday. Actually, my lab work was still good. Don't know how, as I haven't made the best of choices and no exercise. I told him about my shortness of breath. His concern is my stent may be closing. I have to have a stress test and echo on the 26th. If everthing is good with that, not sure what the next option is. He said my lungs were clear, and I really don't think it's my lungs.

I need to make a trip into the big city today, so I need to get a shower. Have a good day chickies.

sloanie
09-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Nancy, my husband and I are packed. When do we move in? Your home is beautiful! I can't imagine how much work it is for you to keep up such a large home by yourself. I hope it sells quickly, and you find just the right place!!

ontarget
09-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Nancy, I understand your wanting to downsize. Your home is beautiful, but it is large for one person.

Vickie, how is Brodie?

Rhonda, I'm glad you have some pain meds that you can take.

Pam, let us know what you find out from your tests. Glad your lungs are clear. That's good news.

My brother came through surgery and is in his room. We'll be going back to the hospital tomorrow. My eating is horrific. You could make a horror movie out of it--"Attack of the Carbs!"

pam920
09-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Sandra, thanks for letting us know about your brother. My prayers will continue for him.

Tejas
09-13-2012, 11:24 PM
I didn't set myself back too much, but my mood has been lousy a lot of today. I cancelled going to the gym because I was just not in the mood. That almost never happens.

Sandra, your poor brother is in my thoughts. It's good that it will improve his health, but what a loss for him. I hope he can keep his spirits up and recover well.

Kyra (our Husky) had surgery yesterday to remove a benign tumor on her left haunch. Did I tell you already? Anyway she is fine.

There is rain all around us, but none here. You could literally see the line of clouds around us but not over us. At least it is cooler--in the 70's- 80's.

We're going to go to a big nursery not far from here tomorrow morning. My great-niece's mother works there. I bought my butterfly plants from her. She brought them to me so I haven't actually been to the place.

My eating is OK, not great, but not crazy.

nancy237
09-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments..It is a lot to keep up ..
Its taken lots of friends and my cute yard guy to get it looking
good..

I am focused on sorting stuff for the next few weeks and then job hunting.
I know once I start working I won't get much else done except keeping this place in good shape to show..

Rhonda..I have been feeling for you with the foot..Hugs !!

Sandra..I am glad the surgery went smooth..Maybe at least the dread is over and it will get easier to cope with..

Sloan..your schedule would do me in..I don't know how you juggle all that..
I love the new picture you put up..

Vickie...that is so cute that you didn't eat in front of Brodie..how is he ??

Tracie..I agree..one hotdog isn't so bad..

Pam..glad you got to see your Dr..Maybe you will know more after the stress test & echo.. I have a heart Dr I like alot..

Maryann...you are keeping as busy as Sloan..so many fun things going on..
Did you see the Word?? I ran up to our theater tonight to see it but it had already started and I hate to miss the start so I will see it another time.

If I missed anyone, I will be back soon..

ontarget
09-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Rhonda, I'll bet your yard is looking beautiful. We haven't done much of anything with ours. It still looks summer stressed but is turning greener.

Thank you all for the well wishes for my brother. He's doing a lot of sleeping today. That's good.

Tejas
09-14-2012, 03:28 PM
We had fun at the nursery and bought lots of plants. I'l make a list for you so you'll know what I'm doing here.

But, right now, I'm going to nap. It's a cool, cloudy day, with a bit of rain.

ontarget
09-14-2012, 04:48 PM
We're getting rain, too. I'd love to see your list.

My brother walked to the door in his room using a walker this morning.

Life is good.

sloanie
09-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Sandra, just saw your post about attack of the carbs! Must be an epidemic. They are attacking here in Middle Tennessee, too!!!

ontarget
09-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Sloan, we need to set up a better defense, don't we?