Fitness Videos - September Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Diana3271
09-01-2012, 12:07 AM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

TurboLaura
09-01-2012, 09:26 AM
OH MY GOSH! HOW could it be September!!!! Thanks for taking care of this, Diana!

Great job with the workouts, ladies!
Fire 55EZ and abs 10 for me today.
Looking forward to getting my hair done this afternoon! Hoping to find some motivation to workout first or else it will be a mess and I LOVE how she styles my hair!

Do you all have Sat-Mon off? Enjoy and take care!!!!!

Diana3271
09-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Laura Oh my gosh about September! It didn't sneak up on us, it just jumped right on us like a lion or something! Have a great day with your hair appointment. I love getting my hair cut and colored. It's very renewing! Literally! :lol: I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday! :yay: The only thing is that this is the first of the month, so I will be pushed to get things done. I may try to get a couple of hours of work in this weekend. Or maybe not. :rofl:

teacher1
09-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Laura- I worked in elementary 6 years and high school 1. I like all levels but pre-k and high school are my favorite. I tend to sub a lot in the high school I taught at since I know lots of the staff & students.
Diana- thanks for getting us started

My husband left this morning at 5:00 for a family vacation in Yellowstone. He'll get back next Sunday. It will be a weird week. I'm not used to being alone :( At least the furkids will be here.
today- TF 45ez

Diana3271
09-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

I decided not to do the Insanity Fit Test and the first workout for the second month. I think the combo is 80+ minutes. That was a little much for me today. I will see how I feel on Monday. I think tomorrow we are going downtown to the market and act like tourists. :lol:

http://thecharlestoncitymarket.com/index.cfm
http://thecharlestoncitymarket.com/photos.cfm
http://thecharlestoncitymarket.com/featured-shopping.cfm
This is where we are going to eat: http://thecharlestoncitymarket.com/featured-restaurant-details.cfm?RestaurantID=1
http://hanksseafoodrestaurant.com/menu.cfm
Here's the battery: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=mcafee&va=the+battery+charleston+sc

Teacher Snuggle up with the furbabies. I know they will appreciate the extra attention.

TurboLaura
09-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Good Morning!!

Diana, you're smart to rotate and exchange workouts when it's just too much. We ALL have days like that. Joking aside I think today is one for me! Tempted to try a run for the first time in my life. Not sure why though! :shrug: Fire 60 is such a great workout! Have a wonderful time this weekend. I've never been to South Carolina and it looks like you have some cool things planned :)

Teacher - Hug those babies and they will help! I know what you mean though, it's weird to have an empty house!

Take care all - not sure what I'm doing for workouts today but I'm thinking of substituting pure cardio (jogging or starimaster) for a TF workout. I really need the change!

teacher1
09-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Diana- that looks like a fun visit :)

today- TF Fire 30

Diana3271
09-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In:
Insanity Fit Test
Insanity Maximum Interval Circuit

We finished up downtown and DH wanted to make up his fishing lines since he is going fishing tomorrow. I decided to go back to the shop to do a workout. I decided to attempt the first day of month 2 of the rotation. I did the fit test. I improved over the last time. This really shocked me. Last Sunday was my last day of TTOM and it went on for 15 days! Also, last weekend I developed shingles. I cannot believe that I did better in the fit test. Totally amazing. Then I did the actual workout. Whew! The fit test followed by the actual workout was really tough, but I got through it.

TurboLaura
09-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Awesome job Diana!!

Fire 45 EZ for me today! This is week 15 and a recovery week. After week 20 I'm going to do a TF and Chalean Extreme hybrid that Jenelle (Chalene's sister) created. Looks intense and I'm ready for the challenge and change!

Take care - it's a beautiful fall day here in the Northeast!

teacher1
09-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Happy Labor Day!!!

today- swimming... it's 106 degrees which is way too hot for Sept!

TurboLaura
09-03-2012, 08:12 PM
oh my gosh - 106!!! WOW

Diana3271
09-03-2012, 10:51 PM

Check-In: Insanity Maximum Interval Plyo

Teacher Those temps are awful. The only way to cool off is to swim or stay in the A/C.

Laura :wave:

Diana3271
09-04-2012, 09:28 PM

Check-In: Insanity Maximum Cardio Conditioning

Have I mentioned that these workouts are hard? Geesh! I think anything but straight cardio (kickboxing, etc) is hard for me. And please tell me, exactly what is the point behind all of these different types of push ups? Ah, I see, they are to torture me in different positions. :lol: Well, I have 3 1/2 weeks left to work my way up with these. Ah, like I did with the last ones, right? Oh, the problem with that is they never got easy, either. :rofl: I guess I will have 3 1/2 weeks of poking fun at myself. :rofl:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have DOM's from this new set of workouts. Every time I move I feel a DOM in a new and different place. :lol:

TurboLaura
09-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Whoa Diana!! You're working very hard! I've heard that they are just so difficult but congrats on sticking with it. :bravo: Pushups are SO hard but multiple types?!?!?! wahoo to you!

Fire 45 EZ tonight. Love it love it love it! Great day at school today with teachers returning and kiddos back tomorrow!

Take care all and have a wonderful night :D

Diana3271
09-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Laura Glad to hear your day went well! TF45 EZ is my favorite workout!

teacher1
09-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Diana- wow, those do sound hard!

Laura- good luck with the kiddos returning tomorrow. I always had a excited but nervous feeling on the 1st day of school.

today- swimming

teacher1
09-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone :)

today-swimming

TurboLaura
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Hello :wave:

Nice job working out Diana and Teacher! Core 20 and Upper 20 for me tonight.

Another great day of school - I feel so lucky to have a wonderful job! It's amazing how losing weight and getting healthier has made so many aspects of my life seem better. Have you ladies had this happen to?

Diana3271
09-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ

Today was suppose to be some type of psycho Max Recovery (stretch) workout. :D TF seemed so much easier and gentle. When did TF get to be easy and gentle? ;) It was really a feel good workout for me today.

Teacher When does it start cooling off there?

Laura Yes, I agree things are a lot better and easier. There are really too many things to even mention. I always worried about breaking chairs. Squeezing though a crowd of people. I can find my clothing size anywhere. I just hate shopping. :lol: Things are really different, now. Great NSV for you! :carrot:

teacher1
09-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Diana- Normally in Sept. we start with high 80's and end with high 70's. This high 90's stuff is no fun. This weekend will cool off with some rain hopefully.

today- TF Fire30

Diana3271
09-06-2012, 09:37 PM

Check-In: Insanity Maximum Interval Circuit

Teacher Good news on the temps cooling off. We are suppose to cool off the end of the weekend and beginning of the week.

Here's a video clip from a new program coming out in the Fall that I am thinking about getting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RltqEIthhX0&feature=youtu.be

TurboLaura
09-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Hello all!!
Teacher - good job working out :bravo:

Diana - I heard about that new workout through Beachbody as they send me previews because I'm a coach. I"M NOT ADVERTISING HERE or trying to get business!!!! I know I'm not supposed to do that :) It looks like a great program! They are also creating a second Asylum....just for you!!

Yikes that's hot. I was grateful it was only about 80 here today but it was so humid. Incredibly stressful day at work and I stopped myself from buying truckloads of junk to deal with it. YAY! Having major carb cravings these past 2 days but have stuck with just complex carbs, ezekiel bread and bananas with PB.

TF Core 20 for today as it's a recovery week. Take care :)

Diana3271
09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! I hope you have a great one.

Laura I wonder how Asylum 2 will be different than the original Asylum? I didn't like the video clips of the original one. Let me know when you hear something.

teacher1
09-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Diana- that Less Mills combat looks great!

today- rest

TurboLaura
09-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Hello ladies!

Hope the plyo was good, Diana! I'll let you know about the new Asylum.

Well, let's just say yesterday was going well until my honey mentioned he really wanted Chinese food...then ice cream sounded like a good idea too. We split one Chinese dish to keep calories somewhat down but I hate the fact that I ate due to feeling so stressed. That's the old me. I woke up this morning feeling so sick and I've actually gotten sick 2 times. My body is screaming "what the **** are you doing?!?!" I promised myself I would never go back to who I was before.

I went shopping with a co-worker after school yesterday and was SO excited to fit into all size 6 Banana Republic jeans! YAY! Seems like their stuff was always running smaller but now I have to keep it there!

UGH. Thanks for listening.

Fire 45EZ and Core 20 today.

teacher1
09-08-2012, 08:01 PM
laura- wow, size 6 :)

today- TF Fire 55ez

Diana3271
09-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 5 Mile Mall Walk

Teacher Great job on the TF 55 EZ. It looks like they put a different spin on the regular kickboxing moves that we know. Hopefully I will like that. I am really curious about the weight training part of the program. I didn't like the weight training part of TF. Maybe I need to try those workouts again. Did you like the weight training part of TF?

Laura Today is a new day. I never feel good when I eat off plan. I still don't know why I do it. ;) Congrats on the size 6!

TurboLaura
09-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Hello all! Decided to try something new today and went for a run. Yes, you read that right. A RUN! I ran for 45 minutes and burned 513 cals! WAHO! I really liked it and credit TF for getting me into cardio shape like never before :carrot:

Diana, the new asylum is geared to sports training, as if you were a prof. athlete. My honey likes the look of it with the use of agility ladders, etc. I hope Chalean Extreme is good as I'm ordering it soon to help with weight training.

Take care and good night. If I can walk tomorrow - another run and core 20.

TurboLaura
09-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Hello all!

Decided to do Fire 30 (as scheduled) and ab ignitor. Not as sore as I would have thought after running but I feel it in my inner thighs and abs. Never thought I would feel it in my abs but I do!

Take care and keep up the great work :)

Diana3271
09-09-2012, 09:59 PM

Check-In: Insanity Maximum Cardio Conditioning

Laura I think it's a good sign that you are not very sore. You are probably in better shape than you know because of TF. :carrot: But there again, it might sneak up on you tomorrow. ;)

teacher1
09-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi ladies :)

My husband is back home!

today- walk with the dogs & elip 30 min

Diana3271
09-10-2012, 10:20 PM

Where did the weekend go?

Teacher Does your DH have to go right back to work or does he still have a couple days off? It would be nice if he had a couple days off and you could do some fun stuff together.

teacher1
09-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Diana- He was home yesterday and today :)

today- rest- didn't feel that great :(

TurboLaura
09-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Hello ladies!

Welcome home to your honey, Teacher!! YAY!

Last night it was so cool out and I couldn't stand the thought of being inside...so I took 2 of my boys and we went for a 3 mile run! .9 miles up very steep hills and it was tough at parts but I did it! I felt like I could have gone on forever and it was an amazing feeling. Turbo Fire has gotten me in great cardio vascular shape!

The bad news - I feel like I'm really overeating. Even though it's healthy foods I'm still eating too much. I had my healthy dinner of a bean burger, raw veggies and hummus tonight but then made 1 slice of whole grain toast and had 2 handfuls of nuts. ugh. Not a lot of food but I just feel off track. Hate that. I also feel like I'm thinking about food all the time again....scary thought and I can't ever go back! Thanks for listening....

Diana3271
09-11-2012, 08:49 PM

I liked this one the last time I did it. Not this time. It's too hard. Go figure. :D

Teacher Feel better soon.

Laura Could it be hormonal?

teacher1
09-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi ladies

today- elip 30 min & TF Fire 30

Diana3271
09-12-2012, 09:41 PM

Dana Pieper's Kickbox Challenge w/weighted gloves

Teacher Great job on that combo!

TurboLaura
09-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey all!! Diana - I think you may be right and I've been suspecting that it may be hormonal too. Also stress related. It's been a tough week with working extra hours and late nights due to open house at school and the tutoring center getting busy. Also my mother in laws 15 year old dog has been ill and I've been taking her to the vet. poor little girl :(

I'm heading off to do a run...taking a week break from TF and just running and doing one insanity this week! Which one do you recommend?

Teacher and Diana - great workouts! :cheer:

Diana3271
09-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Laura Sorry about all of the stress. Hang in there. I think one of the circuits workout would be good. You are getting your cardio through running. The plyo is body weight strength the other workouts are the circuits. Have you gotten much weight training in lately? If not, maybe the plyo workout would be best. Now you need to decide if you want to do the regular (shorter) workout or the Maximum (longer workout). How dangerous are you wanting to live? ;)

teacher1
09-13-2012, 05:40 PM
laura- sorry about the dog news... my sister had to put down her boxer dog this summer :( It's so sad!

today- elip 30 min & walk with the dogs

TurboLaura
09-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks, ladies. Will go for a nice run with 2 boys tonight to de stress! Thanks for the suggestions, Diana! I'm going to try one tomorrow :shrug: we shall see how that goes...

Teacher - it is so sad. She is 15 and most likely late stage cancer. She isn't suffering or uncomfortable, which is so important. She's a big sweetie. It's heartbreaking because I love my dogs and basically ALL dogs. They truly are the best :) So sorry to hear of your sister's boxer being put down. :( How very sad.

Diana3271
09-13-2012, 09:29 PM

Check-In:
Insanity Maximum Cardio Conditioning
Insanity Cardio Abs

Keep up the great work! The weekend is almost here! :carrot:

teacher1
09-14-2012, 05:49 PM
happy friday!

today- walk with dogs & TF Fire 45

TurboLaura
09-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Hello all!! :wave:

YAY it's Friday :)

Tonight I'll do an insanity - not sure which one though!

Enjoy and have a great Friday!

Diana3271
09-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! Have a great weekend!

Check-In:
TF Fire 30
Insanity Core Cardio And Balance

TF is still a fun workout!

TurboLaura
09-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Hello all and Happy Saturday!

Insanity Pure Cardio done for the day. YES it was tough but I did it! Diana...whoa these are fast paced!

teacher1
09-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Happy Saturday!!

today- TF Fire 45ez

Diana3271
09-15-2012, 10:35 PM

Check-In: 5 Mile Mall Walk

I wish a new program, that I would be interested in, would surface soon. I have 2 weeks left in this rotation. I'm thinking about going back to cardio and doing a total body weight workout a couple times a week. If I do this, I need to decide which weight workout to go with. I have Slim Series Tear It Up, Project You Full Body Circuit, and 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme. I also have Supreme 90, but I don't even know if I have done this one yet or if I will like it.

ETA: What is the bonus CLX workout on the Turbo Fire DVD? Is it Burn Circuit 1? Has anyone done this workout? Is it a full body workout? Any thoughts on this one?

Laura Good job! Yes, they move through the exercises very quickly.

Teacher Love the 45 EZ! Has it cooled off there, yet?

TurboLaura
09-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Hello all! Not sure what the workout for today will be yet!

Diana, the bonus workout is burn circuit 1. I haven't done it yet but it is a weight workout. I'll be buying CLX in about 2 weeks to start a TF/CLX hybrid in 4 weeks and can let you know how it is...but that doesn't help with your time frame. Perhaps you could look at some clips on you tube to see if you like what you see before you order? Also, I believe Beachbody offers money back guarantee. My husband loved p90x for lifting. Hope this helps!

Keep it up everyone!

teacher1
09-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Diana- it's cooling off... the weather for Sept is always crazy here.. one day jeans & jacket and the next short & tank. I have Chalean Extreme. It's a good program for strength but I didn't really like the little bit of cardio. I'm all over the place with working out.

today- long walk with the dogs

Diana3271
09-16-2012, 11:06 PM

Check-In:
Fit Test
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves

Overall, I improved on my fit test. One of the exercises I did one less and another I think it was 2 less. The other exercises were 2-6 more per exercise. I am happy with that. I goofed off too long and didn't have enough time to do Maximum Interval Circuit. The two together is almost 90 minutes. I subbed TF 30 instead. Tomorrow I will do Maximum Interval Circuit. I am actually thinking about putting a couple TF/Cardio workouts in the balance of this rotation. This will make the rotation longer, but I might like it better. We'll see how my mental state is. (I'm feeling kinda Insane )

Laura I think I am going to look at the info on that CLX workout. I have never been a fan of Chalene's weight work, though.

Teacher Have you thought about doing the hybrid TF/CLX rotation? I'm just not a fan of weight lifting in the first place.

lisa34t
09-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Has anyone notice the audio on HITT 25 is terrible. I cant hear Chalene talk.

teacher1
09-17-2012, 06:30 PM
lisa- no, I haven't noticed but I don't do the HITT workouts very often

today- no formal workout but I subbed in a sped room with lots of behaviors. So chased kids all day long. I'm tired!

TurboLaura
09-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Hello all!

Teacher - sounds like it was a tiring day! Good job making a difference :)
Lisa - I haven't noticed that at all. Perhaps call Beachbody and tell them it's defective...they're usually very good in replacing dvds and materials.
Diana - I erally prefer cardio too but gosh I love the look of muscle tone! Forced Upper 20 today!

Hiit 15 and Upper 20 for me today!

Diana3271
09-17-2012, 10:23 PM

Teacher Oh my goodness! It sounds like you had your hands full today! Definitely a workout!

Lisa I didn't notice the sound issues, either. Did you have the pumped up music feature on? That can make it where you can't hear her as well.

Laura Yep, muscle tone and you are suppose to be able to eat a little more with the added muscle. ;) I am all about being able to eat more. ;)

teacher1
09-18-2012, 03:23 PM
today- TF Fire 30 and walk with the dogs

Diana3271
09-18-2012, 06:44 PM

I have 9 Inanity workouts + my final fit test left. :D I wonder if it would kill me if I just plowed right though these and not take the rest (walking) days or stretch days. Ugh! I bet it would be a painful death! :D I actually felt a lot stronger today and had more energy than I have recently.

TurboLaura
09-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Hello ladies - keep up the good work!

It's a sad day here as we put my mother-in-laws doggy down today. She was basically catatonic today after 3 days of not eating. Poor little sweetie...it was very peaceful and gentle. I held her driving down and during the entire euthanasia and what's so strange is I keep smelling her, now. She smelled good but its just a weird feeling. My husband also found a leaf in the shape of an exact heart when he got back into his car. Poor little girl. :(

I may go for a run tonight because I just don't think TF is in me.

Diana3271
09-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Laura So sorry to hear that you had to do that today. :hug: It's always hard, but you put her first and you did what was best for her. :hug:

Teacher Good job on the TF and walk.

TurboLaura
09-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Thank you, Diana. We really did want to do what was best for her and only her. She was a very good girl.

Ended up doing fire 45 and it was a great stress reliever.

teacher1
09-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Laura- sorry to hear about the dog.

today- walk with the dogs

Diana3271
09-19-2012, 09:51 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

Love this workout today! I had one of those days, that chaos started as soon as I got to work. The chaos didn't stop until I left. :lol: Maybe I was the problem. :lol: I stayed late in order to get a workout in. I couldn't deal with Insanity (since I already had enough of that going on ;)) so I decided to do something fun. Gotta love TF for the fun! :dance:

Keep up the great work, girls!

teacher1
09-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Diana- it great to switch things up :)

today- elip 30

Diana3271
09-20-2012, 05:53 PM

Check-In:
Insanity Cardio Abs

TurboLaura
09-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Hello all!!

Diana...those days can be challenging. Great job changing up the workouts based on how you feel.

Teacher - Keep it up! :bravo:

Hiit 30 and Abs 10 tonight. Low energy but got through it.

Diana3271
09-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Good Morning, Ladies! :wave: I want to drop in here this morning and tell you TGIF! :yay: I hope you have a great Friday and an even better weekend! Enjoy! :dance:

Laura Good job fighting through, even with the low energy! :carrot:

Diana3271
09-22-2012, 12:39 AM

teacher1
09-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Happy Saturday!

today- TF Fire 45

TurboLaura
09-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Hello ladies!

Hiit 20 and sculpt 30 today.

Enjoy your weekend. Beautiful fall day here in RI and we are taking the dogs to the drive in for the last time of the season. Hubby wants to bring pizza....ugh....my favorite fatty food is SO hard to resist!!!!!

Diana3271
09-22-2012, 10:19 PM

I hope you are having a great weekend!

Check-In: Insanity Core Cardio and Balance

I have 6 more Insanity workouts and my final Fit Test! :carrot:

TurboLaura
09-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Hello all! I think I'll be heading for a run tonight...just feel like it.

Diana - good luck and crush it :)

teacher1
09-23-2012, 08:30 PM
today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
09-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi Everyone!

Count Down: 5 Insanity workouts + Fit Test left to do

Laura Enjoy the run!

Teacher Great job on the elliptical.

teacher1
09-24-2012, 02:28 PM
today- TF Fire 45ez

Diana3271
09-24-2012, 06:56 PM

Check-In:
Insanity Cardio Abs

Count Down: 4 Insanity workouts + Fit Test :D

Teacher You did my favorite workout today!

TurboLaura
09-24-2012, 08:16 PM
HELLO! :wave:

Hiit 25 and Upper 20 tonight.

Enjoy your evening! It's really starting to feel like fall here :D

teacher1
09-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Diana- Fire 45ez is my favorite too :)

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
09-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am done that that evil workout for this rotation! I can really see the upper body definition that I have gotten from these workouts. I wish I had taken before pictures so I can compare. Nothing like looking at side by side pictures. DH agrees that he can see that I am a lot more muscular than I was before. I don't feel that I have perfected these workouts, though. They are still very much of a challenge, and I have to take breaks. But I am starting to get tired of them. I will use weights during my next rotation. Obviously, this will be different than the body weight exercises. I wonder if I will continue to see muscular development. I guess it depends on if I am challenged with the weights. Like I mentioned before, I don't have a lot of knowledge about muscles/weight lifting. I could see a difference in my upper body when I did #10 SDX previously. It seemed like I leaned out and got definition. I am hoping to improve the looks of my loose skin (bat wings). I know the only way to correct this is surgery, but I am not going to do that. I will keep working on it and doing what I can do.

Teacher & Laura Keep up the great work! :dance:

TurboLaura
09-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Diana - :bravo: You're doing so great and I'm so happy for you that you're seeing results! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree about the photos...I look at mine and it's AMAZING.

3 mile run and abs 10 tonight.

Keep up the GREAT work, teacher :)

teacher1
09-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Diana- congrats on finishing. I struggle with doing strength training but I know that I need to add that in my routine.

Laura- way to go on the running

today- treadmill walk 30 min

Diana3271
09-26-2012, 08:30 PM

I rearranged the rest of the workouts for the week. I might try to do my Fit test on Friday.

Laura Thank you! Good job on the run and abs workout!

Teacher Are there any weight workouts that you like? Do you prefer weights or bands/tubing? Maybe we can help you find something that you would like.

teacher1
09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Diana- I think I'll try a strength class at the y next week. I prefer weights. I can do cardio on my own but maybe a group setting will motivate me with strength.

today- TF Fire 30

TurboLaura
09-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Hello all!!!

Teacher - good idea with the group class. Perhaps that will help...Turbo Fire Upper 20 is really good. Short, tough and effective! I can't do long weight workouts (BORING) so I'm hesitant to buy Chalean Extreme...

Last night - Fire 60 ....whew and that was AWESOME!

Tonight - Hiit 30 and Lower 20. Not a big fan of lower 20 because I feel like TF and running are SO lower body focused already but I'll do it! Noticing huge changes in my legs this rotation. I wonder if the running is making the difference because it's something new.

Diana3271
09-27-2012, 10:44 PM

Insane doesn't even come close to describing what I did today! I did the balance of the Insanity workouts today. I wanted to focus on the Fit test and some regular (not insane ;)) cardio for tomorrow.

Check-In:
Insanity Cardio Abs
Insanity Core Cardio and Balance

Teacher Does your gym have Body Pump classes? A lot of people like those.

Laura I plan on doing Fire 60 soon! I miss my longer cardio workouts.

Diana3271
09-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF!

Quick post. I am glad that I completed Insanity yesterday and only had to do my fit test today. I got busy and didn't have time for anything else.

Anyways, here are my fit test results. I didn't get an official workout in, but I can say that I worked up a sweat. The fit test is a little less than 30 minutes. I will post total reps of the fit test rather than a break down of each exercise.

1st fit test reps: 437
2nd fit test reps: 433
3rd fit test reps: 473
4th fit test reps: 491
5th fit test reps: 552

Have a great weekend!

teacher1
09-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Diana- they have body blitz- all strength, muscle pump- all strength, and body design- strength and cardio... so a few choices

today- TF Fire 30

Diana3271
09-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Diana- they have body blitz- all strength, muscle pump- all strength, and body design- strength and cardio... so a few choices

today- TF Fire 30

Teacher Muscle pump sounds like it would be like Body Pump, but obviously it isn't. Body pump is cardio/weights. If I were you, I would try Body Design first. There might be more of a fun factor since there's cardio and you like that. If that doesn't work out, I would look at Muscle Pump. Maybe it's weights, but used in a cardio way like Body Pump. Let us know what you try and your thoughts.

TurboLaura
09-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Diana - nice improvements!! HUGE!!!!!! YAY! BTW - Les Mills Combat does look awesome. I think I'm going to pre-order it for another set of Workouts. Not sure about Chalene Extreme...just don't like long weight workouts. MUCH prefer cardio with weighted gloves :) They really have tones my arms :)

Keep up the good work teacher.

Happy to report I'm back on track with eating...was going "off" too much and also just overeating healthy foods. Scale went up to 158 last week. :yikes: Back down to 151 today.

teacher1
09-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Happy Saturday :)

today- long walk with the dogs

TurboLaura
09-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Insanity pure cardio and TF Upper 20 tonight! Awesome workouts and burned 494 cals! HOLY CRAP!

Enjoy your Sat and Sunday all!

Diana3271
09-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you are having a great weekend!

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Loved the longer cardio! I will start my new torture rotation on Monday. ;)

Laura Good job on getting that focus back! :carrot:

Teacher Good job on the walk!

Diana3271
09-30-2012, 08:54 AM
I posted the October thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/267205-october-turbo-fire-more-check.html Let's make it a great month!

TurboLaura
09-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Diana...WAIT it's OCTOBER!?!?!?! Crazy how that stuck up on me :)

I also love Fire 60 with gloves! AWESOME workout and nice job! :cheer2:

Teacher - keep up the good work! I'm sure you're dogs love the walk, too!

Not sure what's on the schedule for today because I've bounced around a bit this week to fit in Insanity and a run...most likely Fire 45EZ :) Thanks for the praise...it feels so great to say day 7 on track!

teacher1
09-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Happy last day of September :) My goal this month- move my my ticker down & get back back to the y at least 3-4 times a week and the other days home workouts :)

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
09-30-2012, 09:50 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

Laura Have you looked at the info on Combat? I am thinking about only getting the basic package. It's twice the money for the gloves, upper body, lower body, core, stretch workout. I already have a good set of gloves that I like. I'm not particularly fond of the add ons. I prefer just cardio. I probably won't order it until the first of the year. We are going on that cruise and I don't want it to arrive while we are away.

Teacher Good job on working on those goals.

I am also hoping to get the scale to go back down. I guess I shouldn't complain, especially with that Angio Edema that I was diagnosed with. I had to change antihistamines and week and a half ago, so my meds didn't get right immediately. I got upset this week and it flared up again. I guess it's just going to take time to figure out. Hopefully I can get a better handle on things in October and it will start going in the right direction for me.