Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~September Golden Girls~~

We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? 60 mark? 70 mark? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3

I've logged in tonight for the first time in months and months. I was down to 199 for just a blink of an eye, then I gained back to my biggest clothes.

Now I need to start being mindful again and track my intake. Make my days a little more active. I;ll try to keep up with this thread .
Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #3  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome 2Bees ~ it's a great group. Glad to have you join us.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

:flow2 :

Thanks Bobbi for the new site.....this is me doing happy dance for you that will make the offer perfect! k3
Old 08-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #5  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Lovelies….
I thought I could wing it, but there’s way too much activity today!

Rie – I understand about your feeling “weird” about your old clothes. Could you maybe transpose the initials or something on the sale tag (is that how you differentiate whose is whose?) so that no one knows they belonged to you? It’s a little thing, but it might help.

Cajun – so glad you’re okay. Good thoughts for Ginger, too.

Dee – good luck with the shoulder! I hope you don’t have much pain and that you’re mobile quickly!

Bobbi – I’m thrilled that your home will go to people who will love it! Do you feel good about this, I hope? Fingers will be crossed until the check clears! Is tomorrow another garage sale day?

Gayle – no, no plans for the weekend. I’m so looking forward to having Monday off, though… I’ll feel like a degenerate grownup! Yes, the IT Idiot got the work computer fixed, finally. He’s off site, so it’s easy to forget about us, I think! Reading about your ds’s string of girlfriends gave me a headache! Maddie is adorable, and I can tell she already loves Sunny! Work sounds terrible. It brought back all the awful memories I have of my nursing days… awful memories! I remember learning the pyxis, and the young gal who was teaching it moved so fast that I couldn’t follow her. She was so annoyed that she had to slow down so I could follow! There was much sighing on her part and probably some eye rolling. (bah)

Rosey – thanks for the laugh! There’s a reason why God gave us security doors that LOCK.

KarenFL - I think you’re a mean and hateful and jealous old crone! Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful. And quit with the happy dance stuff, or you'll hurt the other knee, too!

It’s almost 8 p.m., and I’m ready to go to bed. There’s nothing on the boob tube that interests me enough to stay up, so I think I’ll grab SamCat and a book and go to bed.

I hope you all have big fun planned for the holiday! Me, I’m not even going to shower!

Later, lovelies!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldies
Just a drop in to let y'all know there was another fire in the refinery this afternoon. It happened right by my son. They evacuated them again. He's alright. He's been there 2 weeks 3 days and there have been 2 fires and an explosion. I can't seem to stop shaking. He is there until the middle of October. Way too long. Please if yall have an extra prayer or two to send his way. Greatly needed. I'll post back layer.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #7  
Bobbi

Good thought to your son cajun, may October come soon for you all.
Another day at the rummage sale, wonderful weather for it.
Later Gators..............
P.S. Love the happy dance k3 & donna.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....Oh Cajun we're all saying our prayers that he stays safe. Feel our hugs supporting you.

Donna....I love being a cranky mean old crone....many years ago I took Biotch 101 and 102 in college. Been practicing ever since. I earned my crone chair in the crone circle! Won't be long until the Aspin turn gold and Donna mellows.

Need to go buy a new plant for yard. DH took a chainsaw to the bushes next to the pool cage and it looks bare....this is the same man who takes a machete to my cannas and nadina....Used to mow my peonys....better farming by grinding/chopping/hacking. Think he'd perfer nothing but grass and pots.

Have a fine holiday weekend all....k3
Old 09-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #9  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick hola!

KarenFL - I'm STILL trying to dig the stiletto out of my heart that you so callously pitched there! Hmmmph!

Couple of errands to run this morning, then I can safely gork.

Cajun - WHERE is your son? And why isn't the EPA involved with that refinery? It sounds like it needs to be shut down. This is intolerable!

Hope you're all okay, healthy and happy. Bobbi - happy garage sale-ing!

Later, lovelies!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldie,
Bobbi~Karen~Donna~ thank you for your prayers. Donna my son is in rawlins wyoming at Sinclair refinery. Very old plant that's never been repaired which is what they are doing now. He been there 2 weeks 4 days and they've had 2 fires and 1 explosion just since he's been there they've had 4 explosions since may. The last 3 Fridays they've had 2 fires and 1 explosion all on Fridays. Oh the worried of a mom. It's sickening. I worry more now than when he was a baby. I'll just keep praying. That's all I can do.

Dh and I have to put Patio back together and save generators from the storm.

Be back later
Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Finally September. The weather is supposed to cool down next week, mid 70's for highs. I know this is not the end of the hot humid weather but the end is in sight. Someone remind me of this in a few months when I'm complaining about the cold and snow! LOL

I have been reading a couple diet type books from the library. One was about Mindless Eating. It said that most of us gained this weight over a long period of time, several pounds a year that crept up on us. This happened mainly because we were adding 100-300 extra calories per day to our food intake without realizing it. Since most diets eventually fail causing us to gain back what we lost, they suggested making several small changes that we would hardly notice. After reading this, I have made 2 right off the bat. When I eat toast, or rolls (which I shouldn't be eating anyway) I have quit using butter or any other spread. Also, with all the tomatoes we've been getting from the garden, I've been eating a lot of tomato sandwiches. I use whole wheat bread, but I have quit using mayonnaise. Before, I didn't think I could eat a tomato sandwich without mayo, but I'm finding that I'm enjoying the taste of the tomato more without it. I do not expect the weight to start falling off, but this might be the beginning of more small changes that will make a difference.

The second book I read was a memoir of a woman who weighed 703 lbs and lost over 500 lbs without diet, formal exercise or surgery. It outlined problems in her childhood that contributed to her overeating etc. She got to the point that she never left her apartment. Couldn't. She lived primarily in an oversized wheelchair. Her sister made her some large long skirts with elastic waistlines and she wore oversided tops with them. One day her sister brought her a used computer and set it up for her. She ignored it for a while having no interest, but after a few weeks she started to putter around on it. She got interested in a polical forum, discussing political issues and learning things from other posters. Being diabetic, she noticed she started getting shaky once in a while and realized she was so engrossed in the computer that she was forgetting to eat. Then one day, her cat jumped up on her lap. She realized that she never had a lap before! Time passed and she noticed that her elastic waist skirts were getting so loose she had to use a safety pin to keep them on. She was starting to be able to get around without her wheelchair, and then one evening she left her apartment and walked down the 7 flights of stairs to the lobby, then took the elevator back up. She was amazed that she could get around without her wheel chair. She started leaving the house, visiting relatives etc. Finally, she had lost so much weight that she was no longer approved for the Social Security disability she had been living on and she realized she was going to have to find a job. A friend of her asked her to start cleaning for her, and eventually she got more clients and built up her own little cleaning business. This was all keeping her physically active, and she continued to lose weight. In the end she had 2 surgeries to remove most of the excess skin, and has since become an advocate for people in similar situations.

I realized that the moral of the story was to find something you're so passionate about that eating is no longer a priority. So far I have not found that passion.

Oh Bobbi, I do hope this sale goes through! It didn't take long, and I'm thinking that is because those people who want property with their house would be looking for well tended flower beds and gardens, along with a well maintained house. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Maryea/Rie - I finally ordered my "free" testing supplies. I did some research online about the different companies covered by my insurance and went with Liberty Medical. Also, I chose One Touch because they were offering a free meter and I already have a mini meter that I can carry in my purse. I should have them in 7 - 10 days depending on the response time from the doctor.

Welcome 2Bees. We've all backslidden at times. Is that a word? LOL Spell check says "no."

Cajun - Still praying for your sons safety. Sinclair is an old old oil company. Don't hear much about it anymore. Apparently they are not keeping up with needed changes.

Gayle - I have been trying to lose this weight for 25 years without much headway. Like Dr Phil says, I'm doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I need to find something I'm more passionate about than food, or just concentrate on my health and let the pounds fall where they may and if they may.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hey There! Bobbi--- happy to hear that news on your house. Sure hope it is the offer that is just right! I know we went through so many before we sold in Colorado and again when we sold our other house here and moved. Got my fingers crossed for you that all goes smooth!

Cajun-- will keep you and your son in my prayers. It is such a worry. Such dangerous work-

Karen-- looks like you didn't get that storm too bad. Happy for that. We have had 2 8/10 inches of rain since about 3:00 yesterday morning. We sure needed it but it makes for some dreary days! Now we can sit back and watch the grass grow again.. We will probably need to mow again as soon as the ground dries up.

Donna-- a gorking weekend sounds just plum wonderful! I've played on the computer and really not donw much of anything today! I like it that way--- ever once in awhile!

Gayle-- Madi looks like she really loves her little bird. And he looks like a Sunny!

Welcome 2bees--- Pull up a chair and just jump in. I think you will like it here.

Well, I think I am going to go and clean up the kitchen and then maybe spend some time in the hot tub.. A little chilly outside (79*) but it should feel pretty nice-

Everyone have a good weekend and if I missed you this time-- I'll catch you later
Old 09-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #13  
Bobbi

Some @#$%^&* critter ran off with my only myer lemon. DH came in from watering and asked if I picked it. I stomped out to the deck and yup, it's gone. Dang!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Hey Yall,
This seems like a nice place to be...just sit and chat! I have jumped on the weight loss wagon a month ago! I am working hard to get it back together.I hope to get to know you all. 'I'll stop by for a visit every once in a while.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #15  
Bobbi

Welcome Marty
Nothing exciting going on around here. Our rummage sale went well, made close to $800.00 and our upright freezer sold which brought in 200.00. (Glad we don't have to move that sucker) We're suppose to get an offer tomorrow but I won't hold my breath. You know how that goes KarenMo. I also got a buyer on my car thru email this morning. Probably another scammer but who knows.
I need to get out and pick my raspberries before the birds get them.
Later Gators

Closed Thread