South Beach Diet - Thursday Beach Chat for 08/30

View Full Version : Thursday Beach Chat for 08/30

Natasha1534
08-30-2012, 04:19 AM
Good morning, ladies. :) I missed checking in earlier today b/c it was super busy at work. I am LOVING my new iPhone and finally got all my contacts swapped over today.

Things are still going okay on Phase I. I have definitely had more, shall we say, GI discomfort this time around. I've felt sick for most of the night, unfortunately.

How is everyone doing??? Almost time for the weekend!!!

jekel383
08-30-2012, 05:02 AM
Good morning Natasha just think of it as all the impurities getting out of your body. Glad you are liking your new IPhone. I am using mine right now lol

Just waiting on my partner/car pool buddy to get here. Luckily we are only working 8 hours today instead of 12.
Here he is. Have a great day

cottagebythesea
08-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Good morning! :coffee:

Natasha, are you eating lots of artificial sweeteners? I know that can cause major gas problems. I hope you are feeling better soon, and have fun with your iPhone.

Jennifer, I often work longer than an 8 hour day, so I can understand how you would call this a shorter day. Enjoy your extra time!

I thought I'd have to work tomorrow with the girls having a day off school, but I found out yesterday that I'll be able to have a 4 day weekend, so today's my Friday. :dance: And I'll probably have a short day today, as well, since they're leaving right after school for a mini-vacation. :D

I've been so pleased with myself, staying OP all week. Now that I think about it, I'm sure a lot of my off-plan eating had to do with the girls being home and now that they're in school all day, it's a lot easier to get back on track.

Pearlrose
08-30-2012, 07:48 AM
Good morning,

Natasha hope you are feeling better this morning

Jekel I am on the bus as we speak on my way to work

Cottage I think your right glad you are back on track. I have avoided ice cream all week so I am happy about that.

Today starts a bunching of interviewing, went thru almost 100 resumes and whittled down to 10 for hopefully only round. Tonight is soccer practice and maybe packing....wfh tomorrow so we can leave at 3 for Chicago.

My parents never lost power yesterday so I was very grateful for that.

Have a great day everyone

Lexxiss
08-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

We traveled yesterday after work and so I'm getting ready to head to the hot springs. I have to leave tomorrow night so I'd better make the most of it.

Have a great day, beacher friends.

WaistingTime
08-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Good morning, all.

I'm off to yoga soon; I haven't been able to go in a week because of my work schedule. Then DH and I will head off for lunch to celebrate our anniversary. Not sure how else we'll spend the day.

I'll jump on the "I love my phone" bandwagon, although it's not an apple. Amazing what these smart phones can do!

Have a great day.

CyndiM
08-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Off to blue moon camping with no computer! See you all Saturday night

Natasha1534
08-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Ooh, have fun, Cyndi!!!

I am feeling much better today than yesterday, but still a little discomfort. I cut out the hard candies I was eating last week b/c I thought maybe that was what was doing it, but it didn't help. I do drink coffee w/ a good bit of Splenda, though. I'm also wondering if part of it could be that I've been eating a lot more greens. I know that they tend to bother me more now since I had my gallbladder removed.