Metabolic Research Center - I'm sticking to this diet today because

cmarty
08-28-2012, 10:25 PM
I started this thread so that we could share why we can go one day, one more week, one more month... and stick to this diet!
I can stick to it because:
my doctor will brag on me
I'll look great in clothes and I'll want to buy more
This Christmas someone will tell me, "you've lost weight haven't you?:carrot:"

just because I can do it one more day and it won't kill me...It will only make me healthy

skelley331
08-28-2012, 10:29 PM
good thinking,
I'm going to stop cheating and stick to it because:
I want to look awesome at my husband christmas party this year in my new skinny clothes!
I want to see something all the way thru for once in my life! god please help me.

joanie830
08-29-2012, 02:17 AM
I'm going to stick with it because:
* My second grandson is due in October and I'll be in lots of pictures
* I want to have the stamina to play with my three-year-old grandson
* I"m turning 47 and I want to welcome in my 50s in three years in the best shape of my life!!

camaswa
08-29-2012, 10:30 AM
I want to feel proud of my accomplishment and how I look.

Minic1
08-29-2012, 12:12 PM
because.....

I will be healthier!
I will feel better about myself!
And......I will look great in my clothes!

meazie
08-29-2012, 12:14 PM
because...I CAN do this! :)

And I have a size 12 bridemaids dress hanging in my closet that I get to wear at my sisters wedding next year.

rwquilts
08-29-2012, 04:41 PM
because I want to be proud of how I look!
And I want my husband to be proud of me.
I want it to be fun to pick out clothes!
I didn't really feel bad 30 lbs heavier, but I hated the mirror and photos of me.
I feel great now and it's only going to get better!

barbiegrl7
08-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I can stick with this one more day because....
*I will feel and look awesome!
*When my hubs and I renew our vows I want a real wedding dress!
*It will be nice to go in my daughters closet and borrow clothes for a change!!!

skelley331
08-29-2012, 09:31 PM
I am sticking to this lifestyle change today because:
I lost another lb today
My clothes are feeling really baggy
I am going to finish what i started!:carrot:

cmarty
08-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I sticking to this diet because I have my 3rd grandchild due in November and I want to look great in the pictures,too.
I would like to be tiny to celebrate m y 25th wedding anniversary!

I want to have the smallest butt at the work place again!

Bye Bye Cookies, cake and pizza..I've got better plans for my future!:carrot:

PianoGirl78
08-31-2012, 05:36 PM
because...I want to feel good about myself again. I started grad school this week, and we took our student id pictures. I thought I would be the only one who saw my picture. Nope!! The first day, the teacher had all of our pictures on the overhead to take attendance. All I could see was my big head compared to all of the small heads!That picture is my motivation to get this weight off once and for all!

skelley331
08-31-2012, 10:27 PM
because i went to weigh in at the center and after eating off plan for 3 days i didn't lose but i didn't gain either! So relieved! Next week i hope to have lost at least 2 lbs.

JodiH
09-02-2012, 09:35 PM
I am going to stick to this plan because I can see how carrying around all of that extra weight affected me. I was a mess physically and I feel so good now! I was a heart attack waiting to happen, and now my blood pressure is low and so is my cholesterol level! I believe I will be around a long time and will be able to be at my grandchildren's weddings and be able to hold my great-grandkids sometime in the far distant future.

rwquilts
09-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Because I went to the gym at 6:00 this morning, ate 2 poached eggs on toast and just finished mowing the lawn. I am a machine!

Tohisha77
09-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I will stick 2 my diet 2day becuz i want 2:
1.feel mentally sane
2.feel good about myself
3.i dont want 2 put back on the calories i burned this morning from my workout

cmarty
09-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I 'm sticking to this diet today...because its not that hard...and I'm feeling wonderful....and I can't wait to start feeling even more wonderful about myself:carrot:

skelley331
09-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Okay i'm going to stick with this lifestyle change because i want to reach my goal for a change, with the help of cmarty I think i can!
Thank you:)

notquittingthistime
09-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I am sticking to this diet today because I have lost 40.5 pounds and I am 7 pounds away from weighing less than I have in 19 years.

skelley331
09-04-2012, 04:43 PM
I am sticking to this diet today because I have lost 40.5 pounds and I am 7 pounds away from weighing less than I have in 19 years.

Nice job, congrats!:carrot:

Harper70
09-04-2012, 04:46 PM
I am sticking to this diet today because I need to finish what I started - the September Challenge 249, the end of year challenge and 155 for my wedding next year.

notquittingthistime
09-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks!

cmarty
09-04-2012, 08:43 PM
I sticking to this diet today..because I feel great and I am finally getting my energy back...

WOW, notquitting this time!!! I hope I can follow in your footsteps!!!

40 lbs...FANTASTIC!

skelley331
09-06-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm sticking to this way of eating because it works, i know that now, just have to hang in there and follow it thru!:dust:

notquittingthistime
09-07-2012, 01:15 PM
skelley - I need some of the will power dust. Made me smile. That is really cute.

skelley331
09-07-2012, 01:54 PM
skelley - I need some of the will power dust. Made me smile. That is really cute.

OH you're welcome, I love it!!! Need to spread it around, i can always use it.
LOL:hug:

birdfeet
09-10-2012, 12:54 AM
I am going to stick to this plan because I can see how carrying around all of that extra weight affected me. I was a mess physically and I feel so good now! I was a heart attack waiting to happen, and now my blood pressure is low and so is my cholesterol level! I believe I will be around a long time and will be able to be at my grandchildren's weddings and be able to hold my great-grandkids sometime in the far distant future.

I agree with you. I was a mess High blood pressure,cholesterol,type 2 diabetes. doc took me off all those meds after losing 70 lbs. Rejoined after a brief time out for financial reason, to finish losing the amount I need to. Am going to make it. This program works and I feel so much better. Even able to go on walks where before I wann't able to.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

rwquilts
09-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm on the lower end of the 150's and can't wait to make it to the next level.

skelley331
09-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm on the lower end of the 150's and can't wait to make it to the next level.

Congrats rwquilts, i'm hoping to break into the 150's next week! Keep up the good work! :cheer3:

ashly83
09-12-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm sticking to this diet...

Bc I want to feel great and look great! There are so many of my co-workers who have health isues due to their weight, and I don't want that to be me..

cmarty
09-13-2012, 08:21 PM
RW Quilts,

I see you have lost a good bit of weight. How are you sticking with it? I am starting to get bored with the food I eat. Do you make things from the recipe book? I know I still have a couple of months to go.

rwquilts
09-14-2012, 12:23 AM
I didn't buy the cookbook, but have gotten a little creative with dinners lately. The stuffed peppers i had last night and tonight were really yummy. Breakfast and lunch are pretty standard and I don't seem to mind. I am feeling so good about myself and that's all the motivation I need. I get up at 5:40 and go to the gym every morning.

cmarty
09-17-2012, 07:46 PM
I sticking to this diet because someone at work finally realized I was losing...well she said those clothes look great on you...you look thin!!

Duh...girl...I've been on a major diet here..Ive lost 21 pounds!:carrot:

I love it though..finally someone notices!

cheeriloos
11-06-2012, 11:43 AM
I will stick with this diet today because I will be happier with my body if I stick with it. I will look better and become healthier.
I will look great at my wedding, Dear God give me the strength to keep going. Amen

cmarty
11-11-2012, 07:37 AM
I'll stick to this diet because it is almost Christmas and I want to look great in pictures. This is the easiest diet I have ever done. I don't have to starve at all!

skelley331
11-11-2012, 12:04 PM
I'll stick to this diet because it is almost Christmas and I want to look great in pictures. This is the easiest diet I have ever done. I don't have to starve at all!

Cmarty i'm right there with ya!!! I am going to make it thru the holidays with flying colors, i don't want to go back to my old ways!!! I have alot of support here and with friends and family!!! :carrot::carrot:

Signey
11-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Because it's working. It might be slow, but it is steady and it's working. It takes effort but I'm up to the challenge. I can manage each day as it comes.

cheeriloos
11-12-2012, 02:15 PM
I had to come back to this as sometime through out the day it gets hard . I can totally make it through today, I've been up since six thirty and I'll be in bed by 9 so i'm only 8 hourse away from bedtime I can stay out of the mashed potatoes until then i know i can! i just drank my HNS and i'm working on my water but its calling me. its my first day back OP again so i'm sort of having a carb craving

Roo2
11-12-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm sticking to this Diet because I made a Commitment to do this and I cannot let my kids see me give up !! it's a matter of keeping my word ..which my family knows is very important to me

Radiojane
11-12-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm sticking to this diet because I put on a 3x top yesterday and it fit! The last top I bought was a 6x!

cheeriloos
11-12-2012, 03:04 PM
@ Radio Jane- get it girl! That is awesome progress!
@Roo 2 - what a great way to go about it , good example to those of us with kids. :) I'm following suit making sure my girls see me eat healthy.

librarywench
11-16-2012, 02:06 AM
I'm sticking to this diet today because:

I want to throw my CPAP out the window...literally....
I don't want to lose my vision
I want to get hit on at a bar! :D

dkdaisybutters
11-16-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm sticking to this diet today because I've come this far and I can't give up now. I don't want to be the way I used to be ever again and when my family thanksgiving comes up I want to look and feel great for everyone to see! Keep up the good work everyone, I love the support that goes around in these posts and seeing people do awesome makes me want to do the same!

Beccabooks
11-17-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm sticking to this diet because I am just beginning to figure it out! Signed up Wednesday, down 2.5 pounds Friday night (I realize that is just the swelling going down, so to speak). Still feeling a little weird, but I trust that will pass. I want the energy, the brain health, and to be able to take lots less insulin!

librarywench
11-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Because I have control over this.

Had a talk with my skinny-b*tch sister in law yesterday (who I love to pieces) and she reminded me that she is a marathon runner because running is an area of her life in which she has control.

I realized - I have control too? I'm by no means a marathon runner (would love to be!) but I DO have control over what I put into my mouth. No one is forcing me - it's my choice to take control.

I control this - this is my choice. :-)

mindboggld
11-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Today (and this week during Thanksgiving) I'm choosing to stay on plan. Sure I'll have cornbread dressing (2 oz) instead of potatoes... but I'm not gonna blow it :) Because... I deserve to be healthy!

librarywench
11-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Today (and this week during Thanksgiving) I'm choosing to stay on plan. Sure I'll have cornbread dressing (2 oz) instead of potatoes... but I'm not gonna blow it :) Because... I deserve to be healthy!

I'm having cornbread dressing too! :-)

mindboggld
11-21-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm having cornbread dressing too! :-)

It's too yummy to not have a little! :) Besides it's not an everyday food, just a occasional food! CANT WAIT! :D

librarywench
11-23-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm sticking to my diet today because...it makes me happy hear people say I look good!

rwquilts
11-23-2012, 09:29 AM
I made it through the first holiday and did really well. Except for some white wine.

bigdog
11-25-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm starting over today and lose what I gained so I can strut around at this years Christmas party looking good like I did last year!! :dancer::dancer: when I eat carbs I look puffy and am always hungry for more. Protein makes me lean and stronger

PurpleMorning
11-25-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm going to stick with this so I can feel confident and help the baby I'm hoping for be healthy, too. I would love to not stress so much about loosing weight after pregnancy this time around.

librarywench
11-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Because I feel better when I'm on program!

librarywench
12-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Because today my doctor told me she was proud of me for losing 30 lbs since my last visit in October!

bigdog
12-03-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm in control and my pants are tight!!! I feel like crap when I eat junk. Good luck everyone!!!

MrsRiker
12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Because I Can. I can do anything I want, but for too long I've WANTED to eat a whole pizza and lie on the couch and watch TV. I. Can. Do. This.

I just started MRC three weeks ago and have been lurking here and reading the archives. Thanks for the support you have all already-and unknowingly-given to me. I am home sick today, and I want to eat a carton of ice cream, but I'm not going to. I. Can. Do. This.

Keylani
12-07-2012, 04:28 PM
I will stick to this diet today because....

**this is my new life..today, tomorrow, and my future. I no longer live my life to eat...I eat to live.

**I haven't suffered a migraine since day one on plan and I'm afraid to eat anything off plan because I don't want a migraine :dizzy:

**I've stuck to my HCG plan from day one. (June 1, 2012) I've done everything the way MRC has thought me. I love this plan and I've never cheated. No food is worth all I've accomplished!!

cmarty
12-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Keylani,
You have come a long way girl! You r doing great! It is a great plan!

cmarty
12-07-2012, 07:47 PM
I am sticking to this because I continue to lose and I want to win... I want to get to my goal of 128 lbs...then I want to stay there. I probably wont believe it when I get there...only 18 pounds left!.. Then I have to figure out how to keep it off!

cmarty
12-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Keylani,

Going4Fit
12-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Because I Can. I can do anything I want, but for too long I've WANTED to eat a whole pizza and lie on the couch and watch TV. I. Can. Do. This.

I just started MRC three weeks ago and have been lurking here and reading the archives. Thanks for the support you have all already-and unknowingly-given to me. I am home sick today, and I want to eat a carton of ice cream, but I'm not going to. I. Can. Do. This.

Welcome MrsRiker! I see this is your first post! I lurked for way longer than three weeks and wish I'd joined sooner - it's fun being able to talk with everyone about little successes and setbacks. I used to be able to eat a whole pizza too. I still could I suppose... I don't know if those urges will ever go away. The fact of the matter is I'm a glutton. But I'm choosing to not be anymore! I'm in control and love this plan. I'm sticking with it!

So let's see - I'm sticking with this diet today because my center just started a new client promotion game and if I move my game piece forward four more spaces I win a free box of HNS's. I got this!

Going4Fit
12-07-2012, 08:31 PM
I am sticking to this because I continue to lose and I want to win... I want to get to my goal of 128 lbs...then I want to stay there. I probably wont believe it when I get there...only 18 pounds left!.. Then I have to figure out how to keep it off!

Hi cmarty - you and I have similar heights and goal weights, so I've been excited watching your progress behind the scenes. Keep it up - I can't believe how close you are!

JanitaB
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM
I can stick to the program today
- because I will feel better if I do.
- because today and another day and another day... eventually makes a habit
- because I don't want to go on insulin - I must get to goal!
- because the better I feel, the happier I am

librarywench
12-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Because I am enjoying life without headaches - I want to move onto a life without CPAP!

librarywench
12-13-2012, 11:09 AM
(And because today I have no choice - I HAVE to go buy new pants - WOOHOO!)

bhallyktkt
12-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Because I'm a recent returner and I need to do this and keep the weight off this time. And I feel so much better when I'm eating better.

Keylani
12-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Keylani,

Thank you very mch cmarty!! I can't say enough about MRC...it's changed my life!! I love it!

Keylani
12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Because I am enjoying life without headaches - I want to move onto a life without CPAP!

Wow, so you suffered headaches too? I haven't heard or read that yet in these forums.

I suffered severe migraines until I started MRC. I haven't even had a slight headache since day one of MRC. It's changed my entire life!! I was seeing a neurologist for a couple years...taking prescriptions drugs of all kinds..the Dr tested all sorts of meds...ordered scans of my brain to see what was going on etc...nothing helped!! I was in bed 1-3 days a week with my migraines and throwing up with almost everyone of them...and now...not one single headache. The only thing I can think of is the horrible food and sugar I was eating all day. WOW!! It's like a miracle for me. I had suffered the severe ones for the last 10 years and headaches since I was 15!!

I really feel like this is what has kept me on plan to a tee...cuz I really don't want to have a migraine and I tell myself "if I eat that, I will be in bed with a pounding head the rest of the day"