Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Wonderslim #8

View Full Version : Wonderslim #8

Suzanne 3FC
08-28-2012, 03:16 PM
The last thread has exceeded 500 posts so it's time for a new thread :)

To view a few of the previous Wonderslim threads, go to:

Wonderslim #7
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/252471-wonderslim-7-a.html)Wonderslim #6 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/248286-wonderslim-6-a.html)
Wonderslim #5 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/216324-wonderslim-5-a.html)

FattyFatFat
08-28-2012, 05:53 PM
I was just looking at the last post in #7 and was going to respond that there are definitely lots of people still around, it's just that lots of them don't always post. That was in reference to the prior statement that there didn't seem to be many people left on a particular program. Also, it depends on the time of year. I know most people i know personally try to lose as much weight as they can towards the beginning of summer so they can show off in their bikinis and whatnot.

Kimorea
08-28-2012, 06:53 PM
I would love to have a buddy on the WS program, please send me an instant message etc..

Kimorea

Kimorea
08-28-2012, 06:56 PM
I am soooo ready..lol

Kimorea
08-28-2012, 07:00 PM
I ,

I am having the most difficult time getting my tracker to show. I met the required post. Am I missing a step?lol

Finny321
08-29-2012, 08:31 AM
You need to be here 20 days and have 20 posts to have a tracker in your signature.

I'm still hanging in, not on WS, though I am using some of the products with a lowered carb diet. I'm sick with chicken pox, and haven't lost anything for the past few weeks as I feel like crud.

Sally Pineapple
09-02-2012, 01:27 AM
I am still here also Finney.
Just been having a lot of drama in my life right now and have been off track. I will weigh myself in the morning and get back on track for September hopefully.
I cannot afford WS right now. But through my couponing I am getting my protein bars for free and using Slim Fast.

cowtownbee
09-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi,

This is my first post and I look forward to the support from the 3FC boards.

I've struggled with yo-yo dieting for most of my adult life. I'm good for awhile then just stop paying attention and boom, I'm back where I was. Sound familiar to anyone else? I think if they had a contest for those who signed up for WW the most times, I'm sure I'd be in the top 10. OMG - isn't that the definition for insane - doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result - lol

I've been going to the gym and have been working with a trainer 3x a week for one year. I'm stronger and in better shape but haven't lost any "fat" weight because I didn't make any significant changes to my eating and nutrition habits. Delusional! My doctor is also "encouraging" about losing the weight so I finally decided enough was enough.

Just received my WS products and am organizing myself so I'm prepared - a downfall of mine in the past. I think the ease of the program and the one lean/green meal will kick start my road to getting rid of these 60 extra pounds!!

I'm from western Canada and have a supportive family so no issues there. The enemy is me!

I've tried weight loss on my own and I'm horrible about being accountable only to myself. Weight loss is a day at a time - I need and trust you all to keep me accountable and think long term. Thanks and look forward to this journey.

TravelGirlJK
09-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Does anyone here on Wonderslim have any good Wonderslim Blogs they have read? I am looking for daily accounts and blogging of individuals who have been on the Wonderslim plan. I see the Wonderslim thread, which is great, but I'm looking for individuals journeys giving more detail on day to day eating and losses etc... Please let me know if any stand out to you. Weather they are here on TFC or on another blog forum. Thanks in advance :-) Janet

MarineMomATX
09-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I received my Wonderslim products in the mail today. I am so excited, especially because they arrived two days early. I plan to start Sunday. :)

I look forward to reading the previous posts and any advice y'all can offer.

Monica

Sally Pineapple
09-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Welcome Monica. WS is a great and easy way to lose weight.
Just keep on track. Whenever I want to stray I come on to 3FC and start reading the posts :)

Shero
09-08-2012, 06:57 PM
What do you think of this website? A little cheaper than diet direct-http://www.bariatricfoodsource.com

autopilot
09-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Week 5 weigh in= Lost 16.4 lbs and still going strong.

VeronicaMarie
09-10-2012, 11:43 AM
I haven't read all of your threads, but I wanted to stop by and ask a question.

I started using Medifast back on 7/20/12 and love the program. However, starting this month they discontinued their 5%, 10% discounts so I started looking for something to save $. My mom found WS and tried a few products. She orders from dietdirect and they sell other products as well.

I was wondering if anyone is still around that does a combo of MF and WS or if anyone successfully transitioned from MF to WS and continued the same loss.

Also, which products and how many do you use? I would like to continue the steady weight loss (I've lost 25 pounds my first 8 weeks) so I don't want to up my calories too much. I was reading the product descriptions and it looks like I should have at least 3 WS Shakes/puddings to keep my calories low and no more than one of their bars (they're like 160 calories) per day.

Thanks for any insight or just for the support. :)

Sally Pineapple
09-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Veronica, I never tried MF. I found WS first. I tried NS and lost weight easily but the food did not taste that great. I like the WS products and the ease and taste makes it easier to stay on.

Thasic
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Started the Wonderslim Diet on the 4th of September 2012. So far I have loss about 11 pounds or so. I get hungry once in a while but the food is pretty good and a side benefit is the rest of my family, my wife and daughter, are losing weight too since they have elected to support me by foregoing deserts and eating more fruit and vegetables at dinner.

Leclau
09-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi! I'm new to 3fatchicks as of yesterday and started Wonderslim today! I've had a four week plan in my cupboard for I don't know how long and decided to seriously give it a go. I've tried a few things here and there but haven't really stuck with it. I have a grave problem with portion control (clearly!) and have finally admitted to myself the low-carb thing isn't working for me (good for maintaining, bad for losing). Looking forward to re-reading previous threads to educate myself on this plan!

Kimorea
10-01-2012, 10:00 AM
OK well I am going to start this journey over, I had a rough month with everyone in my family having bdays in Sept. So I am ready, I have my WS products and ready to for. To make myself accountable I joined WW on-line to weigh myself and get great lean and green options. But I do have a few questions: 1.) Water does getting pretty boring and the Capella water flavoring does not seem to work for me , am I doing something wrong? 2.) I?s Crystal light allowed on WS? (if so I know that I can def drink all 8 glasses of water...lol 3.) Are there any great lean and green recipes? I plan on updating my progress daily with my WW Tools. I know I only have lbs to lose but it is still a journey. Also I am looking for a buddy to keep me stay on track, feel free to pm me or email me directly. Thanks

Kimorea

roseybelle
10-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Hello! today was my 2nd day of WS - im very excited to begin this journey and hopefully learn to control my emotional eating habits. I've got about 40 lbs to lose and keep off and here's to hoping that WS can help me do that!

I would also love a support buddy!
Im in my early 20's and live in western Canada - i've got texting to the states though and facebook makes staying in contact very easy! If anyone would like a cheerleader to help them stay on track i'm your girl!

MellieK
10-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Hello! I am new to this forum, and just ordered four weeks of Wonderslim. I am hoping to get rid of my last ten pounds.. they just wont go away! I started the year with a no sugar month and excersising.. I also have done meal replacements with protein shakes. Right now, I am tired of planning what to eat.. and end up eating whatever. Ugh. I have been able to maintain what I have lost within a 5 pound range (those five pounds that come and go at will). :) I am hoping that WS can help me get to my goal, and then I can maintain with excercise and food moderation. My biggest vice is a glass of wine (or two) in the evenings.. I think that will be my biggest hurdle!

I love seeing all the support on here and hope to add to that and recieve some as well. :)

GFS to be
10-05-2012, 12:36 AM
"I think if they had a contest for those who signed up for WW the most times, I'm sure I'd be in the top 10. OMG - isn't that the definition for insane - doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result - lol"

Sounds like me -- starting my own version on WS Tuesday -- bought items from ebay,directdirect & found some high protein snacks at stop&shop - its time! Good luck

autopilot
10-06-2012, 01:40 AM
2 months on WS and still going strong. I've had a few glasses of wine here and there but otherwise, I've stuck with it. I've lost 20 pounds. However, I feel like I've hit a plateau in the last week. Kind of a bummer. My new plan is to start swimming 3x a week for an hour since I haven't been exercising on the diet yet. Does anyone else here swim?

GFS to be
10-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Day 1 went well -- I did think about food more today -- but I am hoping that goes away after I get used to the diet. Had the Veg Joe for lunch today - I thought it was pretty good. Got tomorrows food for the day all set to go.

roseybelle
10-09-2012, 10:47 PM
For any Canadians out there - how did you manage with thanksgiving festivities??

I definitely gave in to a few things - but managed to get back on track again right away which is encouraging :)

hellodiet
10-10-2012, 07:01 PM
I had purchased the 2 week Wonderslim and only used a few days' worth of stuff. Does anyone know any other good places(besides eBay) to get rid of my stuff? I've tried Craigslist but apparently no one in my area knows what Wonderslim is or needs it, LOL. If you have any ideas, please send me a PM as I probably won't be checking this thread.

roseybelle
10-10-2012, 07:05 PM
I might be interested! I cant figure how to send you a message though.

GFS to be
10-14-2012, 11:04 PM
day 6 - and the weekends are tuffer for sure!

Meka150
10-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Looks like there are a lot of newbies to both WS and 3fatchicks. The thread has been awfully slow. I know I haven't posted here in awhile but still going strong.

Shero
10-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Wow Meka150-I have been struggling all year and I come back and see your ticker and you give me inspiration. You have lost 71 pounds since April. I need support. My eating is way out of control and I am gaining.......

Dave842
10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
First post.... Going to order new supply of WS tonight. Hate to spend the $'s but need to get serious again.
i'm down 55lbs from this time last year, but up 25lbs from my low earlier this summer. Previously had worked with a local weight loss center.
Lax excercise and dedication to healthy eating habits after an August minor surgical procedure have cost me my weight maintenance and the relative fitness level I'd achieved earlier this year.
I'd come too far this year to lose it now. I know with WSx3 and 1500 cals of healthy protien/veggie per day I can get back to goal by end of year (oh yeah, and a little support with progress reports here).

Shero
10-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Dave glad to see you on here. I do so good on WS but for some reason I am going through so issues.....At least I am back on here posting because it sure does help.........

Hoping to get back into WS---

autopilot
10-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Checking in. Lost 25 lbs since 8/5/12. Feeling great. I started swimming 2 weeks ago and think that has helped a lot. It took me 2 months of adjusting to the calories before I had excess energy for exercise. Now I have so much. I rarely take naps anymore. I think stabilizing my sugars on this diet has made me feel better period...The WS mac n cheese is really good. I often eat that instead of another entree and skip dessert since it is 220 calories.

roseybelle
10-18-2012, 02:42 PM
wow 25 lbs is awesome! congratulations.
I haven't yet weighed myself but I can definitely feel and see changes not only in my body but also in my attitudes towards eating.

Is anyone able to tell me how to send a PM?? do I have to have a certain number of posts before I am able to do so??

GFS to be
10-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Happy Thursday all!!! late posting but my 1st week went very well - down 4.6 in 1 week! thats motivation for the next week! people brought in goodies to work and I brought in veggie & dip and that all I had from the goodie table.

cowz1rules
10-22-2012, 06:27 AM
I have been on WS for 14 days and have lost only 4 lbs. I am following the diet exactly and getting very discouraged. Reading all the other posts and seeing the weight loss results has me thinking I am not doing something right. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Shero
10-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Cowz1rules: Are you not eating enough calories? Maybe you all of a sudden loss alot.... Are you keeping track of what you eat?

Still struggling to get on course.

girlstar2
10-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Hello All,

I値l be starting Wonderslim on Thursday. (My Diet Direct order is due to arrive on Wednesday.) I知 excited to start. I am a 38 year old woman. I have about 60# to lose (but would be happy with 40#). I find that my biggest obstacle to losing weight is that I have far too many choices available. I live in Chicago and am surrounded by great restaurants. While my home has only healthy foods, my work place seems to have sugary and high fat snacks around daily. This will only get worse as the holidays approach. I exercise almost daily (treadmill, zumba, swimming), but the weight keeps coming slowly as I知 not doing a good job staying away from the treats. I like the structure of the WonderSlim plan and think I値l be tempted less if my food choices are more restricted.

I知 going to try to keep my calories at about 1400 calories/day. I知 at about 2400 calories a day now. I値l go lower than 1400/day if my weight plateaus.

I値l be using about 80% WS foods and 20% I知 going to use grocery foods. This is to keep costs down.

Low fat cheese sticks (50 calories each)
Garden Lite souffl駸 (about 150 calories each, from Costco, low in fat)
Premier Protein High Protein Shake(160 calories, from Costco)
Vitatops (100 or 90 calories. I壇 use these in place of the chocolate cake or cheesecake)
Boca burgers (210 calories each. I値l use mostly for the L&G. Also from Costco)
Luna bars (180-190 calories. Not so sure about these on the plan. I used to have 1 a day for lunch and I have a bunch left over.)

I have some questions for all of you!

One of the things that really made me consider WS (I first considered Medifast) is the reports that dieters are not hungry if they stick to the plan. Is this true? I知 concerned that the limited fruit and starch allowed on WS may throw me out of ketosis (which, if I understand correctly, is why one isn稚 hungry on the WS plan).
Any thoughts on supplementing the plan with my own foods (from list above)? Do you do this? Does it work?
Any words of wisdom for someone brand new who is starting the WS plan? I致e done WW and Jenny Craig in the past. I did well on both, but over the years, the weight crept back on.

THANK YOU!

FattyFatFat
10-26-2012, 06:49 AM
Hello there, and welcome to the forum! I think what may work best in your case is to start off eating the way you regularly eat now and slowly migrate to the WS food as much as possible so that you can get a good idea for your tolerance.

GFS to be
11-01-2012, 11:33 PM
girlstar2 -- I found Kay's Natural Protein snacks at Stop & Shop - they are single serve bags for about $1.20 each -Kays have some Chili chips that I eat with the WS chili- also Pure Protein Shakes(ready to drink) are 23 grams of protein & 110 calories -- I also bought a tub of the protein power mix (only 25g per serving - some are a lot higher - but not needed unless you are working out). I mix vanilla shake w/ coffee in the am for breakfast. I mix peppers, celery & spices to the WS veggie joe & chili - love the spicy cheese & pasta -- and the pancakes! Good Luck!

locopollo
11-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Hey WS followers!* I see this is not a very active thread, but I thought I壇 check in here anyway.* I have been following Ideal Protein for several month and recently started supplementing with ProtiDiet products and others from Nashua Nutrition.* I just got a Diet Direct catalog in the mail today, and it looks like it痴 a similar concept as IP.* In fact, the 田heesecake looks to be exactly the same product I purchased that is sold under a different name on the Nashua site.* It sounds like you all like the food well enough!* I do have trouble with bars (I tend to binge on them), so I think I want to avoid ordering a kit.* What are your favorites of the WS lunch-y kinds of products?
Thanks!

Cobble
11-07-2012, 11:53 PM
I tried the WS Mac and Cheese today, it tasted fine. I just don't understand how anything with 35 carbs could be on plan, does anyone get it?

Shero
11-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Girlstar-

Wonderslim is a wonderful plan if you stick to it, and yes you DO NOT get famished or feel like you are starving to death (LOL). It is the same as the Medical weight loss. When I am one it and committed it works wonders for me. Right now I am in a funk-I am struggling to get control over it and just hope posting on here get's me motivated again.

Kimorea
11-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi guys think my weight increased to 151 Bc of TOM so I updated the ticker ...well Istarted on Tuesday Nov.6 and I am 149.6 YESSSSSS. I am doing well thanks to my zillion questions and helpful forum posters. Thank you guys!!! 138 is the goal burk will take 135. I got a sample from bariatricfoodsource.com (same as ddirect.com but cheaper) I love their Carmel Crunch bars (wig I could make them) lil Anyhow I saw the post about Veggie Shreds in the green packing assummed...I had those and threw them out Bc ILOVE CHEESE...(they actually don't taste like cheese or anything reallybut they look like cheese ..good enough for me...lil. Iwould love a alt for cheese, chips (tortillas) and sausa and bread (would love a sandwich). (If I can buy products in store it would be ok too...any suggestions? Thankssss

demmerich1
11-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone, I am new here. I lost weight on Medifast about two years ago and then gained it back. I am restarting tomorrow. This time I decided to mix in a few Wonderslim foods that are very close to the nutritional content of the Medifast meals. Anyone have success doing this? I noticed there are multiple Wonderslim threads, but haven't gotten through them all yet.

Time2Bfit4life
11-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone, you all are so helpful and supportive here! I just started with WS yesterday and find the food so far is quite good. I love shakes/puddings the most! I wasn't as fond of the snack bars that I got in the trial pack. I got mine from Diet Direct and they were very fast with shipping and freebies!

demmerich1
11-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Can anyone tell me the best (cheapest) place to buy Wonderslim? I remember seeing a post with a link and the prices were great, but I cannot for the life of me find it again.

I just had the Cheesesteak Pasta for lunch and it was delicious! There was a bit of an aftertaste though, but I can live with it.

locopollo
11-16-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm having cheesesteak pasta for lunch too. :D It's OK, I wouldn't say delicious though. :D

I get my food from Nashua Nutrition, but it is packed under a different name, Weight Loss Systems.

demmerich1
11-16-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm having cheesesteak pasta for lunch too. :D It's OK, I wouldn't say delicious though. :D

I get my food from Nashua Nutrition, but it is packed under a different name, Weight Loss Systems.

Well, compared to some of the Medifast foods I eat, this pasta is a breath of fresh air. LOL

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

Time2Bfit4life
11-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I get my WS food from Diet Direct. I just learned from this forum that there are other vendors so I'll probably look at several site's to get the best pricing.

Jingo-ace
11-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi all,
I am brand new to this. I ordered one week of MF foods & did o.k. on it, then I found Diet Direct & ordered one week of Wonderslim foods. I like WS better than MF, and I seem to be losing about 1-2# a week on either. I just ordered about more 3 weeks worth of WS foods I like from the Diet Direct site. The Wonderslim foods are alot less expensive than Medifast, which is the main reason I switched, but DANG it they TASTE better too!

Just had the WS chili for lunch, and made the chocolate coconut Pudding too - it was WONDERFUL!

I just had TKR surgery 10 weeks ago, and this weight has GOT to go! Am hoping to lose about 30 pounds on WS, and then keep it off too!

Any special tricks you'd care to share for making the food better?
Looking forward to "meeting" you all,
:) J

FattyFatFat
11-23-2012, 01:03 AM
Can anyone tell me the best (cheapest) place to buy Wonderslim? I remember seeing a post with a link and the prices were great, but I cannot for the life of me find it again.

I just had the Cheesesteak Pasta for lunch and it was delicious! There was a bit of an aftertaste though, but I can live with it.

http://www.dietdirect.com/weekly-sale-discounts-175.html

That is a weekly sales page where you can find some pretty nice items on occasion.

Cobble
11-28-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure who mentioned mixing the shake mix with coffee but this works like a charm and saves all of those creamer calories. I've heard that the #5 plastic is okay for hot beverages but I'm not entirely comfortable with it. Has anyone every seen a shake bottle for hot beverages?

Time2Bfit4life
11-29-2012, 11:55 PM
I just got more WS foods to try. I love the chocolate pudding! The most recent catalog had good discount codes! I ate too much on Thanksgiving day but have been totally on plan since then. I'm a slow loser but have lost at least 5 lbs in two weeks so am very happy with it. I'm never hungry and my desire for carbs is less now than when I started. Thanks to everyone here for the great ideas and support.

demmerich1
12-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I've bought the spicy cheese pasta, cheese steak macaroni, cocomint pudding/shake, and the raspberry hot chocolate. I love them all. I'm following the Medifast 5&1, but substituting a couple Medifast meals with Wonderslim to keep myself from getting bored. I've also bought a few things from Protidiet, Kay's Naturals, and Healthwise. I stick to the lower carb items so it fits the Medi plan.

autopilot
12-05-2012, 06:35 PM
4 month weigh in. I'm down 31-36 lbs depending which scale I use. Either way it feels good. I'm only 10-15 lbs away from my goal. The weight loss has slowed a little bit. I haven't been as strict in the last month and exercising has been next to nothing with 3 viruses in 5 weeks. However, I'm still losing and the diet is easy for me. I feel like I am no longer a food/ sugar addict. Sometimes I drink the pure protein shakes at Trader Joe's. 35G of protein and only 4G of carbs...Good luck everybody and Happy Holidays!

Neeks
12-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone! I just placed my first WS order today and got express shipping so hopefully it will be here soon. I was on NS but it wasn't working as good for me this time as it had in the past so I am excited to get started on WS!

Time2Bfit4life
12-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Hi Neeks ... I also did NS but found I feel better eating high protein and low carb. So far I have rely liked all the Protidiet and Wonderslim products I've tried.

aidyl
12-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Hello! I have been following this thread for a while but had not tried the wonderslim products till now. I have been pleasantly surprised. Are you all following the eating plan set up on the diet direct site? I am on Christmas break and am wanting to get started on a good habit before I go back to school in Jan. Any tips would be appreciated!

JoyPerman
12-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi. I am so excited to have found this support for WS. I used to to MF, many years ago & was able to choke down the food but am really looking forward to the better-tasting food of WS.

Does anyone have quick-start advice? I am so ready to get this weight off!!!!

fee128
12-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi All,

I just signed up with diet direct and I am waiting for my WS products to arrive. Reading this thread has motivated me to give it a try. I have about 70 pounds to shed and I am ready to get started!

JoyPerman
12-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi, Fee128 - I don't know if it's just you & me on here now. LOL I just picked up my stuff yesterday & am excited to get started. I am going to wait until after the first of the year now. When are you planning to start? Have you ever done anything like this before? I did Medifast but the food was SO horrible. :( I am really hoping this food will be as good as everyone says. :)

I am hoping to lose 20 lbs the first month...my sister-in-law is on it & lost 17 in her first month & is not that heavy. What are you goals?

fee128
12-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Hi JoyPerman,

I guess it's just us here. I am also waiting until after New Year's, my package hasn't arrived yet but I hope it comes Monday so I can start after New Year's. I have a plan to use protein shakes for a few days if it doesn't.

I sure hope I can lose 20 pounds in the first month :)

I have about 70-80 pounds to lose total. Which is overwhelming so I'm just taking it a little at a time. Right now I am a tight size 16 and would like to get to a 10 by Valentine's day as my first goal, and then hopefully by August reach my goal weight.

namaste1969
12-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi there,
I'm starting WS after the new year too. I haven't weighed myself in months so I'm not even sure how much I have to lose :?: But I know it will be about 30-40 lbs. I had lost 65 pounds using Metabolic Research Center, but due to the expense I stopped going 14 months ago. It's depressing to think I've gained so much back :cry:
I know this will be challenging at times, but I'm looking forward to getting in control of my eating and losing weight. I look forward to sharing and supporting each other. :hug:

namaste1969
12-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Oops! My old weight loss stats showed on my last post. (I used to follow the MRC forum previously). They should be gone now.

JoyPerman
12-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Hi, Namaste & Fee -

I'm excited we're all starting around the same time & can support one another. :) I went ahead & started today because my hubby & I changed New Years plans & it shouldn't be an issue.

I started with a coffee shake this morning & the berries crunch cereal. Oh my it is good!!! I was shaky before my next meal but am super psyched because I had the spicy mac & cheese & it really is good, too!!! I am not in a hurry to lose all that I have to lose & I feel this is something I'm going to be able to do with all the great support that I have.

I wanted to share that I missed the first snack because we were out & about so I had a bar & shake to eat. I chopped up one of the bars & mixed it in with the pudding form of the shake & it was great, too! Oh my goodness, I could just kiss these people. If you guys tried Medifast....the food was just intolerable. I used to cry when I ate it. LOL

I will try to post every day to share success & failure. I look forward to sharing the journey with you.

My first goal is 20 pounds down in the first month. I don't know if it's realistic to reach my ultimate goal of 100 lbs because of my age...but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Time for the Bronco game. Go, Broncos!!!!!!!!!

namaste1969
12-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi Joy. Looks like your first day is going well. I used products from the Diet Direct website when I was on MRC. Both Wonderslim and Bariwise products. They were all very good. Which is one of the reasons I chose this diet. The taste is good and I don't have to think about what I'm going to eat.
My plan at this time is to start on Wednesday the 2nd. I look forward to hearing your updates!
(P.S. I see you are from Colorado too. :)

JoyPerman
12-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Hi. Yeah...I am about 10 minutes from Denver. Love, love, love living in Colorado. How about you?

For dinner I had steak (1.5 oz), salmon (4 oz), 2 pieces of sara lee low calorie bread, 1/2 c green beans, 1/2 c asparagus & I am full. As you can see I went over on the salmon by 2.5 ounces...not sure how big of a difference this will make but I was really hungry. I still have dessert...not sure if I will eat it. If I'm not hungry I won't.

It has been a great day & I am looking forward to tomorrow. :)

Yay, Broncos!!!!!!!!!

Cobble
12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Hello Ladies,
I have 50 pounds to loose and will be restarting the plan on the 2nd. I'm all sorts of stocked up on food. I lost 10 pounds before the holidays but I'm sure I gained it all back. Does anyone else want to do weekly weigh-ins?

JoyPerman
12-31-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm in with the weigh-in. Do we pick a day & do it?

So far, I've just had my coffee shake...getting ready to have some cereal with yogurt in a few. I'm kind of tired today but know the energy will come back soon.

fee128
01-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi Namaste and Cobble,

Glad to see there are others here. I would be up for the weigh-in, sadly I am still waiting for my products to come, maybe they will come tomorrow as I am ready to get started.

Happy New Year everyone!

JoyPerman
01-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Happy New Year, everybody!

I had a great day yesterday although I discovered that I do not like the cheese steak macaroni food. It has a "mushroomy" feel that I didn't care for. I am happy to say that I made it through the day & toasted the new year in with a diet Pepsi rather than wine. :)

This morning I had the pancakes for the first time. They were very tasty...I especially liked the batter! Feelin' good...getting ready to take down Christmas decorations while watching the games.

Have a great first day, everyone.

Shero
01-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm back.....Hoping the new year will give me some will power. Afraid to even weigh.....

namaste1969
01-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Hi all,
I like the weekly weigh in idea. Any day works for me. Do we want to report our weekly loss instead of our current weight? Our weight at weigh in won't mean much if we don't know what last weeks number was. Just a thought. :)
I will weigh myself tomorrow morning for the first time in months. I've just got to not let it get me down. :(

Hey Joy,
I'm in Colorado Springs. And I love Colorado too!

JoyPerman
01-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Shero - Glad you're back. I'm with you on the weigh in. :) It wasn't pretty...but I'm glad I'm on the way down. :)

Namaste - I am weighing on Sundays because that's when I started. So that will be my day & I will post it whenever everyone decides. Because I'm new my weight on here is my starting weight. Nice to know there's support here in Colorado!!

Cobble - Hi. I'm looking forward to all of us getting the weight off in 2013! :)

Fee - Did you get your stuff?

I know it's scary to weigh...but it sure is good to be living in the truth. I had denied how much I had gained even though my size kept going up & up.
Thoughts about weight loss: What is going to be different this time? When I reach my goal how will I keep it off?

What do you all think? This is such a struggle. I can hardly imagine my life without it.

thatloveygirl
01-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Well, WS friends, I shall be joining your ranks as of this morning. Contrary to what my ticker will lead you to believe, I've actually lost much more weight on WS than it reflects. I fell off of the wagon at Christmas and between Christmas and New Years have just really eaten poorly. At the moment, I'm carrying around about 5 - 6 pounds of water weight with me and I'd really, really like to get rid of that in the next day or so. But, that's exactly what I can expect when I drink lots and lots of diet soda (no water) and eat tons of chips and candy. (Not my proudest moment...)

Anyway, I'm back on the WS train and looking forward to watch my weight drop, drop drop!

fee128
01-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Joy-yes it finally came today! I am going to start tomorrow, I already had a shake tonight and it was really good so I'm pretty excited.

Namaste, I think that's a great idea, we can just report what we lost each week, so then the number means something.

Shero your dog is adorable :)

loveygirl you'll get back on track! the holidays are hard

Ok so I have a confession I am a scale addict. If you are not one don't become one. I would weigh myself all of the time and I finally broke the habit about a month or so ago. The problem is I would weigh but didn't really do anything when I would gain. It didn't phase me. I saw a reflection of myself today in a window next to someone that was thin and thought oh my god is that me??? It's easy to look in my mirror at home I have no point of reference but geez when I saw myself today it just really hit me, I am seriously overweight, I'm obese. It depressed me a bit, but motivated me even more to get serious and get this weight off and then keep it off. Ok sorry for my long story I just need to tell someone.

Meka150
01-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Wow this thread has been reignited. I'm glad to say I'm starting this year a lot lighter than I did the last one. Hoping to be down at least 100 by the anniversary of my start date in March. I actually want to be around 190 but that might be pushing it since I need to lose 30.6 pounds to get there.

namaste1969
01-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi everyone,
Things went pretty well today. I was hungry in the afternoon, but stayed focused. I hope you all had a great day!

Fee,
I understand. Seeing myself in pictures is the thing that wakes me up. "Do I really look like that???"

Joy,
I like your questions. Every time we lose the weight we go back to bad habits and gain the weight back. How can this change?

namaste1969
01-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Wow Meka! You are an inspiration!
Did you lose all of the weight with wonderslim?

Meka150
01-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Wow Meka! You are an inspiration!
Did you lose all of the weight with wonderslim?

I lost the first 10 on other protein shakes and just changing my diet but other is thanks to Wonderslim and added exercise.

JoyPerman
01-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Meka - That is amazing. Congratulations! I will be pulling for you to get the 30 off by March. :) I'm glad you're here. I will look forward to your wisdom as a vet.

Namaste - Good job on your first day. I'm on my 5th & feeling pretty groovy. Also, I can already tell that my clothes are looser & my husband gave me that look of "I think you're losing weight" but he doesn't want to say it because that's usually when I mess up.

Fee - I totally understand about the scale thing. I broke myself of it years ago, though & now I keep stuff piled on it (pillows) until I need to weigh. Also, I have a water-retention problem so it's not a good thing for me to weigh...it could really discourage me. However, I'm so excited for Sunday. I think I should have a pretty substantial loss.

How to keep it off once we are done - This is the very heart of the issue for me. I know that what makes this diet work for me is the routine of it & not having to think about what I'm eating much. When I have big choices I do not make very good choices. How do I plan to change that? More later...I've got to get back to work.

fee128
01-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Wow this thread has been reignited. I'm glad to say I'm starting this year a lot lighter than I did the last one. Hoping to be down at least 100 by the anniversary of my start date in March. I actually want to around 190 but that might be pushing it since I need to lose 30.6 pounds to get there.

That is awesome!

fee128
01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi everyone,

Fee,
I understand. Seeing myself in pictures is the thing that wakes me up. "Do I really look like that???"

Thanks, I just couldn't believe it. I've clearly been in denial all this time. But that's why we are making changes now, so hooray for us :carrot:

fee128
01-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Hmm I tried to make one post but it didn't work. Oh well.

Today is day 1 and I am feeling a bit hungry but eating dinner a little late. I am doing a combination of wonderslim and real food so I have about 4-5 wonderslim products and then 3 small meals. But today I forgot to eat as often as I should so tomorrow I will have to do better. The mocha shake was delicious! The strawberry smoothie only so-so. I forgot to have 2 of my snacks because I got busy.

Joy sounds like you are doing great :) Any favorites thus far? I am going to reorder again soon

JoyPerman
01-03-2013, 10:24 PM
I like the chocolate shakes, caramel butter pecan bars, pancake batter, vegetarian joe & the spicy mac & cheese. I was extra hungry tonight &, once again, ate more meat/protein than is allotted. Still feeling pretty good...tired tonight. Thinking about hitting the gym next week...but not sure how hard I should exercise with the limited amount of calories. Any suggestions?

namaste1969
01-04-2013, 12:11 AM
... I was extra hungry tonight &, once again, ate more meat/protein than is allotted. Still feeling pretty good...tired tonight. Thinking about hitting the gym next week...but not sure how hard I should exercise with the limited amount of calories. Any suggestions?

Joy, personally I think if you are going to eat more of anything, meat/protein is the best choice!
I walked on the treadmill for 20 min yesterday, but I didn't this evening as I felt really tired. I think moderate exercise (20-30min 3-4 x a week) is OK. I think if you push it to hard there is a risk of your body going into 'starve' mode and holding onto the weight. Just my thoughts for now.

namaste1969
01-04-2013, 12:30 AM
... Any favorites thus far? I am going to reorder again soon

Fee,
I had a light entree called creamy chicken pasta today and it was delicious. It is by a company called Bariwise. Bariwise is sold on the Diet Direct website, just like WS. If you like cream of chicken/mushroom soup you would like this.
However although the price is lower there are less packets per box.

Shero
01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Good three days. I am so excited so many are here to support me. I must fix my ticker because yes I have gained back my weight but was surprise to find I was not "way up there"......

Last year I saw people be really diligent and then everyone dropped off. Hoping it doesn't happen this year, I was getting bonded.....

Shero
01-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Ticker is fixed :)

JoyPerman
01-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Namaste - Thanks for the advise. I tend to agree about over-exercising. I am very anxious to get back to running....but don't want to blow it too soon. I think I will just do some walking here to start out.

Shero - Great to hear that your first 3 days are a success. I cannot wait to get on the scale Sunday. :) I also hope we won't fizzle out. My original plan was to go "great guns" for 3 months & then take a break. However, with the great support we have going maybe I will just power through until I reach my goal.

It is very exciting to me to see that you have a 66 pound goal for 6 months. My ultimate goal is to reach my fighting weight this year. I think we can totally do it! :)

Food thoughts...anything with mushroom paste in it is going to be a "no" for me. I am sending some stuff back today to exchange. I want to like mushrooms but I just cannot.

Thanks for all the help. I look forward to a successful WS journey with you all. :)

p.s. Does the name Wonderslim make any of you laugh? I cannot say it without laughing. I feel like I have to put my arms up in the air & say it like "Wonder woman." LOL

Shero
01-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Joy-Thank you for your response. I am a true believer in Wonderslim. If you only do the snakes and meal subs it is not unrealistic to lose 10# in a month if not more. When I get dedicated with it I do great. I changed jobs in April. I didn't start a new one until August. Gained back the 22# I lost last year.....but I was so scared to get on the scale that it was a relief that I wasn't over 300#. I took 265 and ran with it.
Here are my successes since starting the 2nd of Jan.

I have not had any "regular pop". Two liters are going out and 12 packs coming in. I like Diet Coke so as long as I keep in mind that Pepsi is not my friend. I have a goal of not more than 1 12 pack a week. Crystal Light will become my friend...... I know I have Wonderslim drinks here so why not use them.

I am using Lose-it computer program to track my calories. Don't need to purchase the Supreme one so it is free.

No chocolate so far with the exception of WS hot cocoa. Do people really not eat chocolate every day. LOL

I am excited that I want to do it. This is a start cause I have been on a major pig out.

Hoping with reserve that we can all support each other, if you read the older post you see people disappear. I don't know of anyone that is currently on here that was a year ago, but hey-I'm back.

I am addicted to food and as the book "The Hunger Fix" it can be a very difficult addiction because you can't stay away from it.

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Shero
01-04-2013, 09:40 PM
There is a website called http://www.bariatricfoodsource.com I believe they have the same as diet direct. It is less expensive but I have never ordered from it as of yet.

Fee128-
Berry or strawberry smoothies. Chocolate shakes..
Spicy pasta...this is the best thing to have when you famished...
Most of the protein bars are great but you can also buy pure protein from Walmart for $6.

fee128
01-04-2013, 10:30 PM
I like the chocolate shakes, caramel butter pecan bars, pancake batter, vegetarian joe & the spicy mac & cheese. I was extra hungry tonight &, once again, ate more meat/protein than is allotted. Still feeling pretty good...tired tonight. Thinking about hitting the gym next week...but not sure how hard I should exercise with the limited amount of calories. Any suggestions?

thanks for the food tips, I read the pancakes were really good so I may get those and the butter pecan bars. I hope to maintain my exercise program while on wonder slim. I do about 30 mins cardio and 30 mins strength training, a few days a week. I guess I'll see how it goes. I didn't have a problem with it today and I actually feel less hungry than yesterday so that's good.

fee128
01-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Sheri--thanks for the tip on the walmart protein bars. I will have to check those out. That would be great for a quick snack, when I don't have time/water to blend a shake.

fee128
01-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Fee,
I had a light entree called creamy chicken pasta today and it was delicious. It is by a company called Bariwise. Bariwise is sold on the Diet Direct website, just like WS. If you like cream of chicken/mushroom soup you would like this.
However although the price is lower there are less packets per box.

Thanks for the suggestion :) I was leery of the other brands because I hadn't heard much about them but I will give it a try.

Way to go on sticking to the plan and exercising :)

fee128
01-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Good three days. I am so excited so many are here to support me. I must fix my ticker because yes I have gained back my weight but was surprise to find I was not "way up there"......

Last year I saw people be really diligent and then everyone dropped off. Hoping it doesn't happen this year, I was getting bonded.....

I have no intent on dropping off and will try my very best to post each day, I can't really post from work so I have to wait until the evening. I am really glad that I found this group, I didn't want to go it alone.

namaste1969
01-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Shero,
Thanks for the info on the website, I will need to check it out. I agree that food 'addiction' is the hardest, because you can never just not eat again. You constantly have to face it and deal with it. You have a lot of great input... I'm glad you're here. :)

I'm planning to do my weekly weigh-in on Sundays. I can't wait to see that smaller number! :carrot:

I hope you all had a good day and have a great weekend!

Shero
01-05-2013, 12:13 AM
There will be a new forum for this soon. So watch for it.

Meka150
01-05-2013, 01:27 AM
I'm out of meal replacement bars and I'm trying to wait until the end of the month to place another order. Any one here know of any store brands that are comparable to WS (calories/carbs/protein)? I think I forgot one major thing TASTE!!!

JoyPerman
01-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Shero - I'm happy to hear good things about WS. I am enjoying it so much more than Medifast simply because the food tastes good. I understand about getting on the scales. I used to weight 320 but had been under 200 (around 190) for nearly 5 years. But, like you, I changed jobs (from being a courier to a desk job) & it has been a great detriment to my weight stability. I could see it steadily going up & one day I thought, "I really could weigh 300 pounds again."

So glad I found WS....I'm not having much trouble following it. I do eat more than I'm supposed to at night. I'm eager to see that will made a big difference in my loss for the first week. We will see in the morning.

I'm going to check into Lose-it when I'm done here.

I also have a food addiction & have seen it go from bad to worse. I'm thinking about starting some kind of counseling so that when I hit my goal I can maintain. Something is broken inside here & I sure would like it fixed. :)

Fee - Good to see what your exercise plan is. I think I will walk this next week & then maybe hit the gym the following week (beginning week 3 of WS). Also, are the bars from Walmart as low in carbs?

I will try to post every day also. Let me know if I'm getting too long-winded.

Namaste - We will weigh in tomorrow. Good luck! I'm actually pretty excited about it because I can tell I'm down by my clothes.

Hi, Meka - Shero had a good tip for Wal-Mart bars above.

I'll be posting tomorrow, for sure. Happy ketosis, everyone. :)

Amelia
01-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Hello everyone! I will be starting back on Wonder Slim on Monday. I have been on Medifast and WS before with success but this time I would like to stick to it longer to see some real results.

Shero
01-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Joy-can you explain Ketosis for me? Good day again....I am excited for myself.....and all of us.

JoyPerman
01-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Welcome, Amelia!!!

I lost 11.4 pounds in the first week. Hooray!

Ketosis - Our bodies normally burn carbs for energy. When the carbs we eat are not high enough for all the energy we need, the body will burn the fat stored in it. It normally has the effect of making you not hungry, too.

Got to get going...talk to you all later.

JoyPerman
01-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Ketosis normally happens under 100 carbs a day. It looks like we're more around 130. So I don't know if we are in ketosis or not. You have to get these "sticks" to see and I won't be doing that.

Happy with how it's going.

Hope you all are doing great!!!!

Shero
01-06-2013, 08:50 PM
I am not completely on Wonderslim but do plan to soon. I am keeping track of calories on Lose It-my Carbs and proteins are out of wack so that is why I need to Get that Wonderslim in my diet....... Weekends are always hard but I have been on the scale and it is looking great....Can't wait to post on Wednesday.

Shero
01-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Welcome Amelia-you have a great smile :) Congrats Joy on your 11.4 lb loss,, you got to be doing a happy dance.

This can work......

Shero
01-06-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm out of meal replacement bars and I'm trying to wait until the end of the month to place another order. Any one here know of any store brands that are comparable to WS (calories/carbs/protein)? I think I forgot one major thing TASTE!!!

Meka-try Pure Protein.....CVS has them this week at buy 1 get another for 50% off..... Someone told me Zone too but I have not tried them....

namaste1969
01-06-2013, 10:54 PM
OMG Joy! That is an amazing loss! Congratulations!
I decided not to weigh in today. I went to dinner with a friend last night and had a glass of wine :^: so I think I'll just wait till next Sunday when I have 11 days under my belt. And then do weekly from there.

Great to have you here Amelia!

Joy, I enjoy your posts so I'm glad you plan to post daily. I know it's good for me to get on here daily and "check-in".

Shero,
Weekends are hard for me too. I am actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow as the structured/busy day helps keep me on track.

fee128
01-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Joy that is awesome!!

Today I had a bad day, had to go to a dinner last night and overate and it just followed me into today, not really anything bad, but just ate more than I should. Tomorrow I am ready to get back on track.

I haven't been to Wal-Mart yet to pick up the bars but will post stats as soon as I get them.

namaste1969
01-06-2013, 11:19 PM
If you want to, I thought it would be nice to share some basic info about ourselves with each other. Totally optional of course. :)

Like...
Age?
Single/married/divorced/etc.?
Children?
Work outside the home?

I'm 43, married and we have a 14 year old daughter. I work full time for a non profit that works with older adults and people with disabilities.

Meka150
01-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Thanks Sheri I will try the pure protein.

JoyPerman
01-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Weekends are easier for me because I have a super early work schedule through the week so we sleep in on Sat & Sun & there's simply not as many hours for eating!!! LOL We usually just eat two meals a day on the weekends so I'm not tempted to reach for things I shouldn't have. I struggle on the weekdays at night...I am just hungry & my hubby eats ice cream, popcorn & all kinds of stuff I like & I have to be strong.

Shero - I'm excited to see how you've done on Wednesday!

I am excited about the loss. My first goal was 20 pounds & I'm more than half way there! Hooray!!!

I'm 44, married, two adult step-children & a beautiful granddaugher who is 3. G & I have only been married a little over two years so I had no hand in raising his amazing kids. I work in Finance...sit on my tookie all day! I love my job but don't like all the sitting. I'm going to go for a walk on lunch today. It's beautiful here!!!

I'm pulling for all of you to have a great week. But if or when we fail...to just get back up & keep going. :)

Shero
01-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Hi things are going good for me.

I am married, 51 years old, two adult step-children, 5 grandchildren.
I have four dogs--1 9 year old Yorkie Poo (Gidget), 1 Yorkie (Spring) who is going to 1 year old in Feb. My profile picture is her as a puppy. 2 Shitzus-Summer and Moo. Moo was a transport failure. For those who don't know what that means is that I was transporting him for a friend and the person that wanted him didn't. Moo is an awesome dog and if any of you are familar with the Allegan, Michigan hoarder situation, he is the one that started it all.

I live in Muskegon Mi and work in a front office of a commercial builder.

I do alot of facebooking and crosspost for lost animals....

My goal is to start exercising on my treadmill which currently is a place to hang scarfs......LOL

I am so glad that we are all here.

I am hoping that we all can become friends and that in 6 months all the names are still here.

JoyPerman
01-07-2013, 07:55 PM
So...rough day at work. I mean, really really rough. When I got home I ate 6 little melba toasts, then 6 more, then an ounce of pretzels, then more melba, then some summer sausage w/ cheese & two crackers.

Eating disorder? Eating addiction?

The question is...what to do? I don't know if you guys know when you kind of zone out & just start eating....it's almost like a trance or something. I am so irritated at myself!

Again...what to do? Next time, I'm going to log on here & write. And...jump right back up, I suppose. I know that when I'm stressed it is simply my default to begin to binge on carbs. I do feel good that I didn't eat any sugar. So I don't have to start breaking that again.

Well.....I just felt like writing on here about the failure would be cathartic. And, I think it has been.

Hope you all are well.

Sheri - People who love dogs & are loved by dogs are just plain good people. :)

irish51
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi!

I just found this site when looking for others doing the Wonderslim program.

I started the program in August and have lost 20 lbs. It would probably have been more if I hadn't modified the menu to include crackers, cream cheese, etc.:o

Last week, I ordered the 4 week program and yesterday (Sunday), I recommitted to doing it right.

Hopefully, finding others doing the same program will help.

Shero
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Joy- you will find out that some days you are just hungry. I know I am addicted to food. I thought I was just a compulsive eater but after reading the "Hunger Fix" I know no it is an addiction.

Are you using Lose it.com to track your calories. Give yourself credit because 1. you know exactly what you ate. 2. you posted about it.... 3. you recognize you went out of control... I would like to know your calorie intake for the day.....Did you do as bad as you thought?????

My carbs are up and I am not getting enought protein...I had 1 wonderslim berry smoothie, a pure protein bar, Nutrisystem pea soup with 5 "flips" crackers. For supper I had some dinty moore beef stew with "5" mor Flip crackers.

You used to be able to get Nutrisystem at Big Lots so that is were the pea soup came in. They no longer have anymore..... I need to place an order for some of Spicy Pasta because I really like it.

Joy-what type of Finance do you work in?

I love my Herd of dogs.....We lost our Ten year old yorkie last year and started with getting a new puppy, Spring and it then Spring needed a playmate thats how we got Summer. She came from a rescue in Ohio. I can see why a person can become a animal hoarder but 4 is enough.....

Shero
01-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Welcome Irish....

Shero
01-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Please start using Wonderslim 9 because I started a new one because the old one is about at it's post limit.

FattyFatFat
01-30-2013, 03:54 AM
I think the post limit is actually 500.