Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/143/130

Height: 5'5

Default I am so frustrated.

I'm living with my mom. That's a blessing because she's a wonderful cook, but sometimes, I'm just so frustrated. About half a year ago, she was pecking at me to maybe start losing weight - so I did. Im working my butt off and have some results, but for the past 3 months, it's just been so frustrating to deal with her sometimes that I want to cry. She keeps scolding me, telling me that I'm not getting enough nutrients because I'm trying to restrict myself on carbs (I stopped eating rice and bread). She keeps trying to put food on my plate when I know that I'm full enough for the night. She keeps buying pastries from the Chinese Bakery. She keeps offering me extra portions of fruit after I've had my fill and complains that I'm pushing myself too hard after a 40 minute cardio session or a 30 minute weightlifting session. I'm not even trying to lose weight anymore...just to maintain and tone up.

...It just makes me feel deflated because I'm trying so hard to keep up with this lifestyle change ... and I have to make this clear ... I don't EVER want to go back to eating crap food ... and she just keeps shooting me down for it.
Elsewhere is Fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

That's a rough one, especially since you're living with her. If you don't think (or have already tried) sitting down and talking with her will work, then perhaps you need to compile a bit of research for her on the calories you're taking in, and the nutrient goals that you're reaching. I know that she's just worried about you and obviously loves you, but maybe if she sees the facts of how what you're doing is promoting a healthy lifestyle, it will start to sink in.

Something you need to make sure of is that you're reminding yourself of the awesome accomplishment you've already achieved and of how committed you have been and are determined to be healthy. Be proud of yourself! Hopefully your mom will come around and see how positive of an effect this change is having on you...just remember though, Moms have two duties in life: to love us, and to nag the heck out of us. :P
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote