Old 08-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Simply filling/Core Chat: Aug 27-Aug 31

New Pages

I have taken this thread only to the 31st, assuming we can start our every two week threads now.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #2  

Nancy, you may need counseling, but it's not because you tear up when a problem presents itself. It's difficult not to have your partner. Hang up pictures were the paint needs re-touching!

I've done well with food so far...oatmeal, nuts and an apple.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Good idea about hanging pictures. Congratulations on being on plan. Your food looks yummy.

Nancy, hang those photos. Then go to counseling. Wish I could go with you.

I am doing well op today. We had chicken fajitas/chilli beans for lunch. I had a Fiber One cookie/fruit for bfast. I need to go to the store, but I'm tired. My gf was here shooting all morning. It was hot/humid out there. Took its toll on this old lady.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Can't believed how the time passed away today,I didn't realized that I wasn't on the board this morning.

Mary & I didn't go to the Glass Onion as it wasn't open on Sundays so we went to an Italian restaurant instead.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages.Oh what ever you want. I just follow you guys and its OK with me.

SANDRA- No one was hurt and the guy gave men money to repair the cars mirror. Sometimes the hot weather plays tricks on the body where the energy drags. I take G2 Gatorade with low carbs to give me the energy.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #5  

Ok. I've had yogurt, cheese and strawberries, hummus and carrots....need protein so I think I'll have some bar- b- qued chicken I bought yesterday.

I also saw my trainer, did the exercise routine and spent about 3 minutes on the elliptical. I have to make myself stay on heels on the elliptical so it will take some getting back to I believe. But, so far, all is well....iced my foot afterwards.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Maryann, Italian sounds good to me. I'm not a Gatorade fan, but I do drink a lot of water when I'm outside.

Rhonda, you are very talented. You can make hummus and carrots sound good. I'm glad you're getting back into your exercise routine.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #7  

I finished the food for the day with chicken and a power veggie drink--low sodium V8 blended with strawberries, raw spinach and purslane. And, I'll fess up, I had the last sliver of a chocolate cake I made over the weekend for church events.

So, I feel good about food today. I hope you all do also, and if not, tomorrow is another day.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone..I meant to say I don't think I do need a counselor , its just that its normal to have a moment here & there when you have had a big loss..
I think I am dealing pretty well..

A friend that is a good decorator spent the day with me shopping and staging ...
How fun..she knows how to shop and accessorize and pull things together. When I get it all done I will post some pictures..

Tomorrow is cleaning day. I have someone coming to help...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, my dad has been dead for two years, and I still have what I call "daddy days" where I relive the day my family and I witnessed him have his cardiac arrest. I think "moments" are very normal, but I don't think counseling is a bad idea if you feel like you need it. Just do what is right for you! ...and I agree with hanging pics and not worrying about the paint

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #10  
focused and aiming

Nancy, we'll be waiting to see those pics. I remember what fun I had staging when we were readying our home in Montana. I used to direct plays and thought of this as set design.

I'm off to WI.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #11  

Nancy, my husband died 26 years ago and from time to time I have such real dreams about him that I have a day of feeling very raw from the loss. "Moments" are very common and don't mean "unresolved grief" or any other such nonsense that is out there.

Staging can be a lot of fun. My Toronto house looked great when I sold it and I enjoyed arranging it. I need to stage this place just for us!

Last edited by Tejas; 08-28-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

And our place is staged like an archery shop.

I lost 2.6 this week. We're leaving in a few minutes for Curtis' dr. appt and PT. Ya'll have a good afternoon.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Weather is getting humid again,didn't have chance to walk as it was raining when I got down to the beach.

SANDRA-I didn't have any Italian food at that restaurant I had short ribs instead with risotto along with a glass of wine and than for dessert chocolate mousse. Was up on the scale yesterday but now I back to the 161 again.

NANCY-Your loss will never go away completely its that way with me also. I have times when I cry but eventually come out of it. With me my faith has made me whole,and now I can go forward.

Have to go and start my chores.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #14  

Sandra

She's right, folks, it is like an archery shop....and, they look right at home in it.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Maryann!

We're home from PT and the doctor. Curtis is doing super great. What a blessing! We just had some 15 bean soup for dinner. I still have 2 pts left. Think I'm having 2 frozen peanut butter cups.