General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Electronic Cigarettes

What do you think about them? Better than smoking actual cigarettes, or do you think they're just as bad?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I've been using them to quit cigarettes- the good news is I haven't had a cigarette in 9 months, but the bad news is that I've been using the e-cigs for that long! They're just as hard if not harder to kick, because they don't hurt my lungs or worry me as much so I have less motivation to stop. They're also cheaper- only about $3 for the equal to a pack, which is about what I go through in a day (more than when I smoked). I think I may almost be done with them, but it's so hard! Then again, my breathing has been MUCH, MUCH better since I switched. I can exercise without any issues and don't hack up a lung in the morning.

Last edited by kelly315; 08-26-2012 at 07:26 PM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I've heard very good things about them. Much better than a real cigarette!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #4  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

I bought one the other day cause I really wanted to quit smoking real cigarettes, but I still wanted the effect I got from smoking. They're turning out to be quite the alternative, although now I have the problem of this being a never-ending cigarette, lol.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

It is useful not to have to smoke a whole cigarette at one time. If you just want a few drags, then you're fine.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm a convert! Almost 6 weeks without a smoke. Vaping is much better.

Let's just say I went from "almost dead from jogging 5K" to "not afraid to throw some sprints and an extra mile in there" in like, one week.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

From what I've read, nicotine by itself isn't much (if any) more harmful than caffeine. One doctor I saw on television estimated that 98% of smoking-related cancers would be prevented.

I've been trying to get hubby back on them. He liked it, but it ended up being much more expensive than regular cigarettes, because his devices kept breaking/wearing out.

I actually even considered using one (without the nicotine) to help distract me from snacking.

I'm definitely a person with an oral-fixation. I constantly have the urge to be drinking or eating something with flavor. Chewing gum helps keep me from snacking, but it aggravates my arthritis in my jaw (or possibly TMJ). I thought the flavored non-nicotine vapors would satisfy my flavor-fixation.

I don't think I'd go so far as to resort to eating the flavored paper "chips" (like Slim Chips), but puffing flavored air, that appeals to me.

However, taking up an expensive habit doesn't, so probably not going to happen unless they perfect the devices to last longer.

I'd definitely recommend a product with the longest guarantee because hubby has had a hard time finding a product that was easy to maintain and didn't misfunction long before the guarantee was up (but he got tired of contacting the company for replacements).

This was a couple years ago, so they may have perfected the devices by now.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote