Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP daily chat. Friday 8/24/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 08-24-2012, 05:34 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

So today is day four of a fever. I've had the aches, chills, sweats and now it has moved into my chest. I have been at the Jay Peak Water Park with my seven year old and ten year old but I've been sick. Still having fun but man I'm ready for this to be over. I did not bring a thermometer but know I've been over 100 by the feel of my head, the chills and sweats. Now it is in my chest. Between sweating and coughing I'm up now!

Good Morning!

=)
Old 08-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,

Vet, I'm sorry you feel so awful..Hope you feel better soon!

Today is my birthday and I will be totally OP.

Have a great day!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default its a beautiful morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP.....SMiLE....SiNG...HAVE A PERFECT iP DAY!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrwhfhncPfM

ITS A BEAUTIFUL MORNING!!!!!!!

PUT A SMiLE ON YOUR FACE

Old 08-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #5  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
So today is day four of a fever. I've had the aches, chills, sweats and now it has moved into my chest. I have been at the Jay Peak Water Park with my seven year old and ten year old but I've been sick. Still having fun but man I'm ready for this to be over. I did not bring a thermometer but know I've been over 100 by the feel of my head, the chills and sweats. Now it is in my chest. Between sweating and coughing I'm up now!

Good Morning!

=)

ugggg....well thats NO good VET....drink your water....get plenty of liquids...have some proti-diet chicken noodle soup!!! its good for the IP soul!!!
feel better soon my friend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,

Have a great day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY HOT MAMA!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-24-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #6  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Happy Birthday Chloe.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Good Morning!

=)
Oh man....hope you are on the mend soon.

Quote:
Good morning all,

Have a great day!
Happy birthday! You got this

Many happy birthdays and congrats to everyone from yesterday who was celebrating BDays and WI's! We've been working to get the house ready for the littlest's 3rd birthday this weekend. When you have a hubby who is ADD, big jobs are definitely a challenge but he's been super helpful.

If you know someone who has adult ADD, I would highly recommend checking out TotallyADD.com - we watched a PBS presentation of their latest ADD skills program "ADD and Mastering It" last week, it's VERY well put together, and it really resonated with my husband. They have another series "ADD and Loving It" that is good for folks with a new diagnosis or who have trouble coping with it. We will be buying the DVDs of the series we saw on PBS as soon as it's available.

I was so excited last night - we went to Applebee's for dinner, and I found stuff I could ACTUALLY HAVE!! I got the grilled shrimp & spinach salad, had them grill the shrimp with a little oil instead of butter (gave them the dairy allergy excuse and it worked like a charm). It was SO good!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #8  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Oh man....hope you are on the mend soon.

If you know someone who has adult ADD, I would highly recommend checking out TotallyADD.com - we watched a PBS presentation of their latest ADD skills program "ADD and Mastering It" last week, it's VERY well put together, and it really resonated with my husband. They have another series "ADD and Loving It" that is good for folks with a new diagnosis or who have trouble coping with it. We will be buying the DVDs of the series we saw on PBS as soon as it's available.

I was so excited last night - we went to Applebee's for dinner, and I found stuff I could ACTUALLY HAVE!! I got the grilled shrimp & spinach salad, had them grill the shrimp with a little oil instead of butter (gave them the dairy allergy excuse and it worked like a charm). It was SO good!
Thanks for this, I've had ADD since I was a child, and still struggle with it. I'll check it out. Well done at applebees!

Vet sorry you're not feeling well and happy bday chloe!!!!! I managed my bday a few days ago OP you can do it!

I'm taking my son into Boston today to see Daddy's office and have lunch. No real plans other than that and walking around the city a little.

I woke up feeling better about the job thing, I was really proud of myself for not giving into old habits. That deserves a dancing carrot.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Good Morning!

=)
Hope you feel better.

Quote:
Good morning all,

Have a great day!
Happy birthday!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

TGIF everyone!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody ! Rise and shine !

Vet - hope you feel better soon...
Chloe - Happy, Happy Birthday to you !!!!!

Not much to report. I had peanut butter on an apple for my afternoon snack yesterday and lordy, it was good. I'm so glad that I don't have peanut allergies... Even though I get the Smucker's natural and pour off the oil on top, I'm sure I had my fat quota for 3 days. ;0 Not to worry though, as I use ff cream in my coffee, ff cheese in my salads and still use Walden Farms dressings. But, I'll make sure I get a good walk in today, and may drag out the bicycle too. I forget it's back there on the porch...

Have a lovely Friday and remember to celebrate yourself for making this courageous, life-affirming choice to improve your health !!!!

Margaret
Old 08-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #12  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I'll make sure I get a good walk in today, and may drag out the bicycle too. I forget it's back there on the porch...
RiDE WiTH THE WiND LOVELY LADY!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #13  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricks96 View Post
TGIF everyone!!!
WOOOHOOO!!!! YiPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #14  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Happy Birthday Chloe! Enjoy your day.

Vet...hope you feel much better soon.

Thanks for the heads up on the ADD videos...one of my sons has it , though he insists it doesn't effect his life anymore. (yeah, right . Mama knows better.)

Rainbow, I needed to put my shades on to read your post! And good morning to you too friend

I heard something interesting on the radio this morning that I think all of you will be interested in. Good Will takes clothes that are not good enough to re-sell (torn, holey, stained) and recycles them! So when you're sorting and getting rid of your clothes that are too big, just bag the "throw away" ones seperately and let them know when you drop them off that this bag is the "throw away" pile. Keeps them out of the landfills.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone!!!

@Vet I'm sorry to hear you are so under the weather!! I hope you feel better fast!!! You sure are a trooper for enduring a water park with your kiddos feeling like that! What an amazing mommie they have!

@Chloe - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Cheers to all!!
Closed Thread