100 lb. Club - Less then 100 lbs left !

View Full Version : Less then 100 lbs left !

MizMelis
08-22-2012, 10:41 PM
So the other day when i weighed myself, i was down 37 lbs, but i JUST realized tonight, I don't have well over 100 lbs to lose anymore. I can't even describe how that feels, to realize i only have 93 lbs left to lose out of starting out needing to lose 130. It was such a daunting number.
Once i realized that, i started doing a few calculations, I only have 56 lbs left to lose until i reach the weight i was just 6 weeks after I had my son. That is HUGE! Which means it's only 56 lbs until i'm hoping to squeeze back into my size 11 jeans (which are still tacked up to my bedroom wall lol). I'm beyond excited for that day when i can slip them on and wear them out lol.
Of course then i did a few more calculations and once i lose the next 56 lbs, it's only 37 until i hit goal, and seeing that weight spread out in those two smaller increments is , I don't even know how to feel lol Happy and excited is not the words i'd use, i'm beyond those feelings lol.

The one thing i am slightly afraid of is still seeing myself as "that fat chick", even right now i see the changes but it's completely surreal, how do you cope ?

Jessica88
08-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Wooohooo!!! That's awesome you are almost there!!! Keep it up and you will be at your goal in no time!

TiffNeedsChange
08-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Awesome!! That is definitely a great feeling :)I think keep up the hard work!

AwShucks
08-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Take a lot of photos. You may not like looking at them now, but eventually it will help you see and accept the smaller person you've become. I previously lost 150 lbs, and am RElosing it again. During that first process, my doctor asked me if I could see the difference. I told him I felt different, but I didn't really see it. I mean, I'm the same girl I was, just lighter. I remember getting so annoyed when people commented that I "didn't even look like the same person anymore." The doctor said that unless I could see the difference the weight loss made, I was destined to regain. (He's over a very large hospital-sponsored weight loss program) Hmm.. Maybe he was right.

This time around, I'm seeing a counselor and really working on my head. I think that's the secret. Keep up the good work!

toastedsmoke
08-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Go you!!!! :carrot: It's definitely easier to see how far you've gone when you break it into pieces. Mini-goals definitely help with motivation.

I still struggle a bit with seeing myself as "the fat one" sometimes. I agree with AwShucks, what helps is taking pics. I look at old pics and I look at pics of myself now. Or sometimes, I might even just take a pic of myself and look at it and it never fails to let me see how far I've come. And what a difference there actually is.

DCHound
08-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Excellent! Good job :)

2times2much
08-23-2012, 11:13 AM
I have very recently come up with the same situation. Less than 100# is doable! At least it doesn't seem quite as overwhelming as 160# that I had to stew on 6 months ago! 10 pounds a month... I'm told it will get harder as I progress, but I finally feel like I can walk for 15 minutes without wanting/needing to stop for a break. I have been waiting for anyone to notice the change...finally, a gal told me that summer had been good to me--that I was shrinking! Last night my mom gave me back a pair of jeans that I had given her years ago--knowing I would never fit in them again. I'm wearing them today!! :D That was quite a boost for me!

Strawberry Blond
08-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Yay! I am very happy for you! Your story is inspiring. :cheer:

Campana
08-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Way to go!!!

Vex
08-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Yep, losing 1 lb 100 times seems so much more doable than 130. What a nice milestone - you'll be there before you know it. :)

2times2much
08-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks! Looks like you gals are doing very well!
MizMelis, I think you picked an excellent forum title! I bet there are very many that started out with more than 100 pounds to lose, but have reached that marvelous milestone!

Dumplin
08-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Good Luck ! you are at the right place for motivation 3FC !!!!!!

MizMelis
08-24-2012, 07:03 PM
thanks everybody, it means so much more then anyone could(other then those who've been there lol) understand.
There's still a lot of work left but to reach the point where i don't have 100lbs + left to lose, is such an amazing feeling.

Tomorrow is going to pose a challenge, it's one of our annual(we usually have a few a year) family reunion's, including cake tomorrow since it's my aunt's 75th birthday the day after. So unfortunately there's going to be a LOT of temptation, but on the upside there will be quite of bit of salad's and what-not and i plan on making a really healthy version of Ratatouille chock full of veggies, minimal salt, herbs, veggie broth and some herbs.I might add some whole grain brown rice, but there's going to be so much food there anyways that i might just omit it.

I'm definitely still thinking in mini goal's "mode", I aiming to lose the next 56 lbs by christmas just so i can give myself the biggest christmas gift in pulling on the last pair of jeans i wore before pilling on the pounds just 6 weeks after my son was born. So, i definitely need to re-avaluate my habits and cut out, for the most part, a lot of what i know i really don't need to consume.

Things have been just going so well and a huge part of it, is the motivation i get from you guy's. I know it's because i've been eating much healthier, but i've had several days where i just wanted to quit and say the H-ll with it, but then i read all of these success stories and about how there are people having the same struggles as i do and it makes me feel better knowing it's not just me and i don't feel so alone.

2times- that's AWESOME !! I have many pairs of jeans here that i can't fit into just yet, but i've hung on to them because i knew i wanted to lose the weight, and now i am. So actually i'm kinda glad i hung on to them because as i shrink, i wont have to keep going out to buy new jeans LOL. I have quite a few sizes actually, the smallest being my size 11's (that i bought about a week or so after i had my son), a pair of size 12's, two pair of 13's, one pair of 14's and two pair of 15's.

But on a whim tonight as i was writing this post i decided to put my 15's back on after roughly two weeks or so, to see if maybe they fit a bit better and HOLY GOD, I didn't have to lay down to button or zipper them !!!!!!!!!!!!! i now have a second pair of jeans, my 16's(which are loose) and now my 15's that i haven't been able to fit into for 3 years. So, almost 5 months, 37 lbs (as of right now but i'm a bit bloated and retaining water considering TOM at the moment) and as of today 3 jean sizes ! ! ! ! !

MizMelis
08-24-2012, 07:10 PM
So i took a photo, i'll share it soon, but right now i'm basking in the emotions that are just overflowing right now because i'm now out of plus sized jeans (not plus sized shirts since i have huge non reducing breasts lol) and into regular sized jeans ! i can not be more happy at this moment and things will only get better !!

Misti in Seattle
08-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Congratulations! And thanks for starting this thread. It has slowly dawned on me recently that I too now have fewer than 100 pounds to lose!

Tande784
08-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Congratulations on getting under 100 lbs to lose! I love mini- goals. For me it's 10 lbs at a time. I've just restarted my journey and can't wait to be 3 months in as you are. I'm already enjoying the rush of seeing the scale go down as I work the plan. Pulling those pants up and buttoning them with ease is a huge accomplishment. Good luck at the reunion today. It sounds like you'll have several healthy options to choose from. Cake and baked goods are a big temptation for me so I understand how you are feeling, but keep in mind your recent successes and realizations and imagine how good it'll feel when the day is done and you've stayed OP.

I just looked at your stats and realized we have very similar goals. My starting weight a few weeks ago was 272 I'm just shy of 5' 5" and I have a rough goal weight of 140 lbs. I've never been below 170 lbs as an adult so my goal is flexible at this point.

MizMelis
08-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Awe, thanks Tande ! I was doing 10 lbs at a time too, but now that i've realized that it's just 56 lbs until i reach 177, it's definitely the mini goal i'm going to strive for now.
And wow, that's awesome to meet someone who has almost the same exact stats as i do! At almost 5 months in, I've surprised myself with the progress i've made and i've learned so much about myself. I'm definitely going to try really hard today to stay away from temptation. I'm wearing my "new" jeans, so that should help out a lot with keeping away from a lot of the temptation.

I've never been under 170 either as an adult, the lowest i've ever gotten was 177, and that didn't last very long lol Like you, i'm pretty flexible with the 140 right now, I need a breast reduction because of my back so i'm thinking once i hit the 177,i'll go for a new consultation with my plastic surgeon. Technically i only need to lose another 23 lbs to be medically cleared, but because i wont be able to work out and exercise for about 4-6 weeks, i want to be as low as possible so that it wont be a huge deal if i re-gain a pound of two. Of course that wont change my eating habits because it's not an excuse to go back to bad habits. So once my surgery is done and over with, i'm going to re-evaluate my goal weight and figure out what's going to look good without looking like i'm too skinny. I want to keep some of my curves and look proportioned.

Congrats on your loss so far !!

MizMelis
08-26-2012, 12:26 PM
yesterday was REALLY hard, food wise. A great day, but still really hard. There wasn't as many healthy choices as i thought there was going to be, the only really healthy dish was the small salad my mom made and my ratatouille. So i ended up having meatballs and my ratatouille, a really small serving of store bought coleslaw, a bit of salad, a glass of home made red shiraz,one glass of pepsi, lots of water, and i totally gave in with the sweets. Though i only had a very small piece of cake and gave most of the icing to my son lol, and a very small scoop of triffle, it was my mom's dessert that did me in. She makes the most tastiest cheesecake. but not the traditional cheesecake. She uses fresh blueberries, philly brick cream cheese, cool whip and granulated sugar. Normally over a layer of graham cracker crust, but she also used small tart shells too. I have to be honest, I had 3 of the tarts/cheesecake.

I'm trying not to beat myself up over it too much. Luckily these pot lucks don't happen too often and only about 4-5 times a year, I've gotten myself back on track today. But i tried really hard.

HealthyMeWannabe
08-26-2012, 03:39 PM
That's fantastic! :cheer: I am looking forward to being able to reach that same milestone of having less than 100 pounds to lose until I reach goal. :)

PixelatedTimeMachine
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Woohoo! Congratulations! I myself am sitting right at exactly 100lbs left to lose and I'm crazy excited to lose another pound so that I can be in the same place you are. It's such an amazing psychological shift to know that you've only got a two digit number to lose and not a three digit one! Thanks for posting this -- it was a much-needed burst of inspiration. :D

thewalrus0
08-27-2012, 03:09 PM
I thought it was so bad when I had 100lbs to lose and now I wish I'd appreciated how close to double digits I was! My first goal is to tip the scales closer to 200lbs than 300lbs and after that it's to get back down to 230lbs, which will also mean only 100 lbs left to lose, and shortly after that I'll be in the 90's so I'm excited. :)

This forum really perks me up when it's starting too seem like so much weight to lose.

2times2much
08-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Most days I am good at keeping control of what I eat. Generally weekday diet, and weekend splurge. This week was different. Weekend splurge went overboard, and continued through today! Work has got me an emotional mess. I went to my ol' standby, food, and ate to feel better. Like WAY too much fried chicken kind of feel better! I know that food isn't the answer, and now I feel even worse! No control over my job, my food OR my body. Some days are just meant for failure. Today ws that day for me. Now that I have shared that, tomorrow I will get back on my wagon...!

We have a group camp out this weekend. I've been looking for some yummy stuff I can take to eat, and share, with all of the non-dieters. My fallback is always lots of fresh cut up fruit.

Congrats MM for the new smaller size pants!

You all sound like you are doing so well!! Keep up the good work! Wouldn't it be awesome like by Valentine's Day for us to all be on a new thread titled "Less than 50 pounds to go"?

My personal goal is to be under 200 by that time. I haven't seen that weight for more than 20 years!! But at 10 pounds a month, I can be there! Someone please keep me out of the refrigerator after a rotten day at work!!

Time Machine, let know when you get to 99 to go! LOL at you being crazy excited! I really thought it was just me! I'm so happy that others are celebrating their, however silly they may seem to the skinny-folk!:D

angieand2girls
08-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Wow! That is an awesome feeling! I can't wait until it's me! :)

MizMelis
08-30-2012, 10:21 AM
thanks guy's !!

I was really excited to get down to the next smaller jean size, and now i'm even more excited to get down to the next smaller size in my closet which is a 13. Closer and closer i get to a single digit jean size !

2times- i know exactly how you feel !! I have those days where it doesn't feel like i'm getting anywheres, and then i have really great days where i feel like i've done a crazy amount more then what i set out to do lol.

This week has been pretty great, at least being active wise, Monday and tuesday I had some safety start stuff and I finally got my first Aid certification!! so I actually haven't been home all day for the last 3 days which has helped a bit food wise since i wasn't able to run to the fridge or cupboard anytime i felt bored. Yesterday My son and I were at a local park for 6 hours, taking walks around the pond, feeding the Ducks and Canadian geese two different times and getting plenty of exercise. I was pretty tired when i got home, but i felt really good lol.

2times, it would be awesome to have less then 50lbs to go by Valentines !! We can definitely do it !

2times2much
08-30-2012, 10:42 AM
MM--Challange accepted! 50 pounds by Valentines Day! Let's do it! Any other takers? Sounds like you have been busy!

To those so close, keep up the effort. You WILL get there!

Walrus, we ALL need a pick me up some times! I, in particular, have been feeling pretty sorry for myself. I'm going to the store tonight after work. I think I'll get the next size smaller pants as encouragement! I've been going to do some sewing (although I'm lousy at it!) to alter a few pants and blouses.

MizMelis
08-30-2012, 01:07 PM
sounds good 2time !, that's about 5 and 1/2 months from now so, incredibly easy to lose 50 lbs by Valentines ! (if I lose 54 by then, it leaves me with just 37 lbs left!) ... that made me realize what small numbers those are !!!!!

lol i've definitely been busy, and it felt really good to be busy, but i'll be glad to go grocery shopping tomorrow to pick up some more fresh veggies a fruit, along with a few items to make crock pot all in one healthy meals to freeze for the days where i don't want to cook at all lol

MizMelis
09-01-2012, 10:14 AM
2time- I'm also vowing here and now that once i reach my goal of having 50 lbs or less to lose by Valentines and able to get my breast reduction hopefully not long after (which i will FINALLY be well under the medically cleared weight of 210 by then), that I'm going to take every single massive bra i own(which i think there's about 5 of them now lol) and I'm going to make a huge bonfire and burn every single one !

Also, once I reach the very last goal of the total of 130 lbs lost, I'm taking the second pair of largest jeans i own(because i plan on keeping my largest pair to remind me of all my hard work), taking white paint and writing on them every negative feeling i ever had about myself, my highest weight i ever was, my jean size/shirt size i was at when i was 270 lbs and also every comment i ever got about being that obese ,The last thing I plan on dropping into that fire is a photo of me at my highest weight , burning those items ceremoniously as a fresh start to my new healthy lifestyle, I plan on taking photo's of this monumental event as a reminder of what i went through to get where i am when i reach everything i set out to do.

Vex
09-01-2012, 11:00 AM
You might end up being surprised how much you lose in bra sizes. I've gone down a full cup size already. I'm not sure where you're at now, but maybe you will end up not needing surgery at all. :)

MizMelis
09-01-2012, 11:24 AM
nope, it's medically necessary. I'm not a huge fan of surgery since i've had 16 of them before on my vocal chords when i was very young, but I have massive back pain in the lower back, my shoulders, base of my neck and shoulder blades, so it's needed and even though i'm not a fan of surgery, i really can't wait to have it to get rid of the pain.

I've needed this surgery since I was 16. But my doctor wouldn't refer me until I was older, when i was able to get it, I was pregnant, so i had to wait and by then when i was able to finally go in for a second consultation i was too over weight to actually schedule the surgery until i lost some weight.

The first time i ever lost a huge amount of weight (i'm actually one pound away from that right now) they never reduced in size, and then when i nursed my son, they didn't reduce, they grew from a double D to a Tripple D/G (all depending on the style). The only thing that's reduced in size the last 5 months is the band size and not the actual cup size. Without wearing a bra they also hang very low, so when i'm finally able to schedule this, I'll be receiving a reduction and lift all at the same time and going from a DDD to a Medium/large C that's not going to hang a couple of inches from my belly button.
I'm thankful this is covered by medicare since it's medical and not cosmetic.

2times2much
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
MM, sounds like quite the bonfire you are going to have! Funniest one I've ever heard of! Bra-burning party of sorts! Hope that the surgery plan works out for you--less pain would be a good thing!

After the long weekend I gained a bit while camping, but it's a new month... I had my fun of cookies, baked goods, and sweets for a while!

Vex, the boobs were the first to go for me! Then the butt. Hope the belly will fall off soon! I've got a rubber band tied on my wedding ring to keep it from sliding off! I'll get it resized when closer to the end goal.

I got a pair of pants in the next size down. I fit, but not comfortably! Hope to wear those by next month too! Big ol' muffin top is not very pretty!

angieand2girls
09-04-2012, 08:39 PM
I got a pair of pants in the next size down. I fit, but not comfortably! Hope to wear those by next month too! Big ol' muffin top is not very pretty!

lol, I absolutely DESPISE muffin top, that's why I refuse to even try on my smaller jeans until another 5 weeks. I tried them on about a week ago and it was NOT pretty LOL! I will also be keeping my largest pair of pants as a reminder of where I came from and where I should never go again. :)

MizMelis
09-04-2012, 10:22 PM
lol 2time- it's going to be a GREAT bonfire and a huge celebration.
haha i'm actually going to throw a party for my closest girlfriends as a "Throwing out Melissa's fat clothes" party as soon as i reach goal and after i buy a whole new wardrobe. A couple of bottles of bubbly and cheesy nostalgic 90's music included. lol Yep, my friends are awesome like that lol.

awe, yeah i understand completely ! I may be in the next size down but they don't fit as comfortable as i'd like them too either. It will come and then it'l get to the point where their going to be too loose lol.

I seriously can't wait to burn my bra's and those one pair of jeans lol I will then be finally free !

2times2much
09-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Counting down the few days of work left for me. My job is coming to an end Sept. 28. I'm a bit worried that I will find too much time to eat! Now I have a schedule of going to Subway for a salad every day. That won't be an every day habit anymore! Guess I will have to "schedule" stuff to do to keep busy while I look for work. I hate yard work, but we have a lot of it to do!!!

Are there any good foods that you gals really like that are low in calories? I really like fresh fruit. I'm not a big vegetable lover, but tend to eat grean beans more than any other.

MizMelis
09-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh the foods i love to eat !
Raw Green beans, Baby carrots, squash, Cooked or Raw in a salad Zucchini, Raw Grape or cherry Tomatos, lettuce wraps(Yum Yum, no tortilia's, just use regular wrap stuff and use a big lettuce leaf as the "wrap"). I'm a big fan of Dragon fruit, Canary Melon's and apples. I had a love for sweet potato's(not for like an everyday thing though lol), and i just LOVE asparagus with butter and a bit of pepper and broccoli and broccoflower (sooooo yummy !).

MizMelis
09-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Oh, I'm also excited to report that i only have 90 lbs left to go !!
Seems like a lot, but when i break it down, it doesn't seem like that much at all ! only 40 lbs to go until i reach only have 50 lbs left to lose.

Such small numbers when broken down, especially when i'm only 5 months in.
I'm planning to limit my sugar intake even more now and in two weeks (when it's grocery week) i plan on going full out Paleo, which as far as i've read (and I've done a LOT of reading this weekend while i was sick with a chest cold) is quite beneficial for weight loss since it restricts processed food and refined sugar and also grain and dairy. Doesn't seem like it leaves you with much else, but the more i read and research, the more i see that's there's still a vast variety of food i can consume, without having to really count calories. I do plan on taking a Multi Vitamin, just as an added back up :)

2times2much
09-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Congratulations MM! That IS awesome! Please do keep us informed about how the new plan is going. Sounds like you have got a love for healthy foods! I have a love for ice cream! :D. I'm getting in way more fruits and veggies than ever before though! I too take a multi-vitamin, extra B vitamin, and fish oil too. I have no idea if it is helpful but I guess it's not hurting anything.

The woman's magazines make me crazy! If we took all of the advice in just 1 magazine we would all be 600 pounds! Just eat 1 cup of something to fix A, and 1 cup of something else to prevent B, and 2 handfuls of another to help with C... THEN they give those yummy recipes for stuff that they tell you to avoid at all cost! Don't forget to take supplement X, and always check with your doctor...! :dizzy:

MizMelis
09-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Bahahaha, I know those well ! Those are the reasons i stopped reading women's magazines that claim to know the secret to "losing 7 lbs in 7 days", or some crap like that. Just because they want to sell a magazine. But unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that believe it and then get all mad when it doesn't help.

I'm pretty excited about easing into Paleo, it should be really good. I'm aiming to lose about 30-35 lbs or so by christmas, and then that will only leave me to lose another 10-15 lbs by February, which is completely doable, and then the last 40 lbs. But once i go full out paleo I really have to make sure I stay on track.

I'm a big fan of ice cream too lol. I don't take too many supplements except for the multi vitamin. I could probably use some extra Omega 3's and 6's. lol
I never had much of a love for veggies before, but once i started adding in much more then i normally was, i started to feel a bit better. It's one of the reasons why i want to go paleo, it cuts out all the refined sugar, dairy, grain and processed crap, so i'm sure that i'm going to feel even better after a while.

Laurlie
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM
At the mention of Paleo...I'll be eating clean come Monday. Excited! Good luck!

MizMelis
09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Awesome Laurlie ! I have to ease myself into Paleo since i don't have much things to cook with, I can roast with Olive oil, but I have nothing else at the moment except for butter and margarine, So i'm waiting until next grocery day to pick up some coconut oil to cook with. Plus i want to pick up an array of squash and tons of fresh foods so i have lots of variety to cook with.
I get bored easily food wise, so i'll be making sure to have lots and lots of paleo recipes on hand.

Good luck :)

2times2much
09-10-2012, 10:05 PM
I did a little research on Paleo...it seems that I would be giving up cheese...I really like cheese! Other than that, I could do it. I think the concept is very strong for weight loss. It's my willpower that is weak! My "plan" consists of severely restricting bread, pasta and fried food. This past weekend was not a good example of normal for me. Buffet full of yummy--celebrating our wedding anniversary! I'll never meet goal if there are too many weekends like that!

MizMelis
09-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Ahaha, sounds like an awesome weekend ! we've had a few of those weekends this summer too.
In about a week and half (the weekend after next) I plan on spending the whole weekend cooking big batches of food (paleo dishes) so i can freeze a lot of it, so for the days where i don't want to really cook, I can just unfreeze and voila instant dinner lol We have a lot of pumpkins too, so i have to find quite a few recipes where i can use it, and even if i can't use all of them, I can still freeze the rest for the future. I plan on baking a couple of Paleo desserts too so i can freeze them and so that once in a while, i can "have my cake and eat it too" lol, so to speak.

This week is going to be slightly crazy, were getting into fall cleaning and it's kinda like, where do i start ? lol Though I think I might start in the kitchen, slightly easier. Go through my cupboards and throw stuff out etc.. I know i'll feel a lot better once the house is completely gone through with a fine tooth comb lol.

2times2much
09-11-2012, 01:01 PM
My job is ending at the end of this month. At that time, I have lots of plans for cleaning, sorting and pitching too! So many plans of things I can/should do. I should probably make a list so I can remind myself!! I know how easy it is to put things off, and think that there is plenty of time...

It's been a very stressful few days for me. Family confrontations gone haywire! I hate, hate, hate it! I'm feeling icky, hot, sick to my stomach, angry, sad... too much. Where is my bowl of Mac & Cheese--my comfort food that I would drown my heartache into? That apple this morning isn't doing the trick.

Better days are coming, I know.

MizMelis
09-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Ha, I hear ya about the list thing, it seems like i barely get anything done if i don't have a list made up. Awe, that's too bad, I'm sorry to hear that 2time.

I completely understand the comfort food thing right now, I'm kinda man hating right now, long story. So yeah, Mac and cheese sounds amazing at the moment lol though my go-to comfort food was huge(like really massive) home made calzones, filled with home made sauce, ham, cheese, mushrooms and some veggies. Could really go for one right now, but of course i wont because that's not going to do anything for my health lol.

Not much of an update this week, down a pound, which is great, but it's been 2 weeks and in those two weeks i've only lost 2 lbs. I'm so excited for grocery day to come this week, So i can stock up on fresh Paleo foods and then of course this weekend coming i'm going to be cooking in bulk, about roughly 6-7 recipes AND i'v got 4 gorgeous pumpkins sitting on my kitchen table at the moment lol (not to mention another 4 and one little tiny one still in the garden)

2times2much
09-16-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm feeling better. Good weekend of camping with friends. Noe quite enough sleep, so took a little snooze this afternoon.

MM, you sound very ambitious! The calzones sound heavenly!

I didn't eat the Mac & cheese, but I did get into some sweets... :devil:

MizMelis
09-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Awe, well i'm glad your feeling better ! Lucky to go camping, kinda jealous lol, i used to love camping.

haha I am ! Sometimes , well, most times during the week i hate to cook, and i've gotten so bored with cooking because my 3 and 1/2 year old is so `sf%$#%$ picky !!!!!! He will rarely try anything new, but since he is now 3 1/2, he's less picky then he was 6 months ago (8 months ago he wouldn't touch chicken, and how he eats it), so i'm hoping he'll at least try these new dishes i'm going to make. Example, I'm going to be making a big pot of Brazilian Curry Chicken, Ropa Vieja with Cuban style "rice"(rice which is actually cauliflower), some Balsamic Winter throw together bake, Jambalaya... etc and the best part is that their all Paleo meals lol

lol I had some cheesecake at mum's today, but i had to warn her that when i get groceries on thursday, friday will be the very first day of full out Paleo, so if i happen to go over for dinner, she'l have to be a bit careful to make something that i can actually eat, or let me know what she plans on having and i'll bring something specifically for myself.

She had the nerve today to ask me if "i thought this was healthy", um, yeah ? Obviously or else i wouldn't do it. It makes me really mad because, even though i've lost 41 lbs so far and i've chosen a much healthier diet/lifestyle then her's, she'll constantly put it down to the point where i can barely talk to her about it. It's all, "you need milk, and you need grain and you need this and that and blah blah blah and it just makes me want to scream !!!!!!... k , end rant/ lol
It's been a bit of an emotional roller coaster this weekend and i even found myself thinking about binging, but then not doing it, so luckily i'm not getting overpowered by my desire to eat my emotions.
Oh, and Wish me luck ! I'm inviting a certain someone to dinner friday evening(since mum is sitting for me all weekend, yay !) and i swear he better say yes or else i might just have a go and cry. lol

2times2much
09-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Good luck on the supper date MM!

I think Paleo sounds healthy! And the food you describe sounds great!

I've been doing laundry, mowed the lawn, and mostly TV watching this afternoon. Dr. Oz now. I'm kind of liking the daytime talk shows.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Id like to jump in to this thread. My ticker says I only have 47 lbs left but my ultimate goal is actually to get to 170. This is just the weight my doctor said to get to first a few years ago. So I technically have 77 lbs to go and I HOPE to make that only 47 lbs by xmas but we shall see how it goes. Lets do this ladies!

MizMelis
09-18-2012, 07:36 AM
That's awesome Dreamer ! Aiming to have only 47 lbs left in 3 and 1/2 months is completely doable !! I, Myself, I'm aiming to lose another 29 lbs by Christmas, which will leave me left with just 60, and of course the challenge with 2time to have 50lbs or less left by Valentines day :)

Good luck !

Ugh 2time, I don't know if that's even going to happen now, i shot him an e-mail last night to see what he was doing next saturday and I haven't heard back from him yet. Anyways he's not exactly in my good graces at the moment lol But i'm trying to keep my emotions in check so i don't overeat and binge.

Sounds like you had a good day :) lol, those pumpkins i had, are finally all chopped up and in the freezer, and it took me pretty much all day, about 2 and half hours in the afternoon, and then all last night after i got my son into bed and spent 4 hours'ish seeding and peeling and chopping up pumpkins, though out of 3 of them, I got 16 ziplock bags of pumpkin, and a ton of pumpkin seeds :) So i'm pretty happy that i got it done and over with lol

SMSDREAMER2007
09-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks Meliz MMMMM pumpkin...what do you plan on doing with it?

MizMelis
09-18-2012, 11:12 AM
lol Dreamer, No idea ! I still have 5 more pumpkin's in the garden that will need to be peeled and chopped up (except for the small one and one other for pumpkin carving for halloween) and frozen for future use. I'm going to be freezing the seeds as well for now.

But there's lots of things i could use pumpkin for, pumpkin and sweet potato Paleo Pie with a nut crust :) (more for thanksgiving and christmas lol) or roasted just like potato's with a little bit of seasoning, soups, stews... etc. The list is endless ! Though once friday comes around, The items will be more savory then dessert like with the pumpkin because of course i will be taking out all refined/natural sugar like maple/honey from my diet.. At least for the most part.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-18-2012, 11:18 AM
SWEET! (no pun intended). I can't wait to hear what you have planned. I love pumpkin and will probably (if you don't mind) Steal a few ideas from you HEHE. I am always looking for new things to try.

2times2much
09-18-2012, 10:38 PM
I've NEVER cooked pumpkin. Pumpkin pie Sarah Lee style probably doesn't count! I think I would like it though. Probably other squash too. I just have never learned to cook it any other way than with a ton of butter and brown sugar. :devil:

MM, find another "date" if that certain someone doesn't act quickly! Even if it's a relative, neighbor or coworker! Then let him know you have made other plans since you didn't hear from him. Next time he will act quicker! Darn guys...shouldn't leave a gal hanging!

Dreamer you are dropping ponds like crazy! You and MM are really rocking the WL!!!

Today I spent the afternoon with my mom. Got my hair cut, did a little shopping, and visited. Tonight I ate roast beef for supper. Nothing else. Just beef! We had lots left over from camping, so it was an easy fix!

SMSDREAMER2007
09-19-2012, 01:06 AM
ha thanks 2time, I wish I could claim this all as of recent but actually I have been stalled for a year :\ My lowest was 237 and Now I am back up to 247:\ UGHHH

MizMelis
09-19-2012, 10:57 AM
2time- i'm saying to **** with it, because i messaged him this morning because he was "online" and it was all "i don't know how much home work i'm going to have and i don't know if i'm going to have much time", and yet he said he would come celebrate my birthday with me, well, if he can't even just come over for dinner, how in the world would he be able to go out with me for my birthday ? It's like i'm realizing he only wants one thing from me and it's not what i'm looking for. It's gotten to the point where he lets me down all the time and I want more then just casual sex and he makes me want to eat and eat and eat and that's not healthy. So, i figure if he wants to see me as much as he "says" he does, then he can call me himself, I'm just not doing it anymore.

Pumpkin is awesome to cook with ! and it tastes really great cooked and plain or even just roasted with a little bit of Olive oil and some herbs. There are great pumpkin recipes out there that are incredibly healthy !

I am really excited though to start Paleo in just T-min 2 days !! I'm making home made tomato sauce with garden Tomato's that my parents gave me and oof, so many other recipes.

Dreamer, i think your doing great so far ! So you've had a bit of a plateau, it's just a matter of changing things up :)

MizMelis
09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
T-minus 1 day !! I'm so excited to start Paleo tomorrow !! I'm more excited to see what kind of changes there are going to be in 30 days. I'm not just excited about the physical changes either (though that's not to say i'm not looking forward to the fat loss lol) but i'm looking forward to seeing what kind of changes there are in general, if i'm going to feel great after 30 days, or am i just going to feel the same. Though i'm pretty sure i will feel really good lol

It's grocery day today too, so i'm even more happy right now because i cleaned the fridge today and now it's incredibly bare lol. I also indulged myself the last couple of days, unfortunately i know it was partly emotional eating and part because if i indulge on a couple of favorite "treats" then i'm less likely to "cheat" during the next 30 days, Though so far the only thing i indulged with so far was pie. Apple pie to be exact lol, I have a huge love for home made apple pie and tonight i'm going to be having my last mug of home made hot cocoa. I know the next 30 days are going to be difficult, but this time i'm much more prepared :)

Though one thing, what do you guy's do when you have a craving for something sweet ?

SMSDREAMER2007
09-21-2012, 03:23 PM
YAY MM So excited for you! I've heard of he paleo diet but not quite sure what it is. I might have to look in to it hmm......

I see my doctors on monday AND have my driving test EEEEEKKK I sooo hope I pass. I am so ready to have my license UGH.

Getting right back on the wagon today and gonna keep at it .

MizMelis
09-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Fingers crossed for you dreamer !!! I don't have my license either right now lol

Paleo is fantastic. Today is day one, and while i still have a craving for sugar it comes and goes. It's been a really good day so far, I had Bacon(Mmmm Bacon) and eggs for breakfast, lots of water and I made my Pumpkin soup(whis, i swear i'm now completely in love with !), my ratatouille(Can't wait until it's finished so i can eat a bowl... or 3 lol) and I steeped some tea with strawberries on the stove so i can make some Lemon/Strawberry sugarless iced tea so i have an extra beverage option.

Paleo is really great, no grain(Corn is a grain just so you know), no dairy, no refined sugar and no processed foods. The only "processed" items i use is canned coconut milk and chicken broth, but even with that, i check the labels quite thoroughly so i buy the ones with the least amount of ingredients. Obviously it's best if you used homemade broth/stock, but if you don't have a whole lot of time, then meh, buying it is the next best thing. Everything is natural so your not consuming additives and fillers. I'll PM you my blog link, I'll have my recipes for the pumpkin soup and the ratatouille with photo's up tonight at some point.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-21-2012, 05:34 PM
OOOOOh that'd be AMAZING! I don't know how I would do on the whole "no processed food" Because I drink soymilk (occasionally) and out protein powder in my morning smoothie and I only eat meat 1/3 the time, the other third is no meant at all and then tofu. Hmm....

MizMelis
09-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Today has actually been really easy. I haven't felt sick once after consuming a meal (other then burning my tongue because i couldn't wait for my ratatouille to cool a little bit before stuffing my face with 2 huge bowl full's lol). Comparing today with any other "regular" day, I don't feel crappy right now, and when i was consuming dairy and grain and processed foods i would feel like utter crap at the end of the day. I don't feel 100% yet, but it is only the first day, i can only imagine how much better i'll feel by the end of tomorrow.

I switched my diet to Paleo because i was losing a lot at first and now it's slowed down to practically a standstill to where i only lose a pound a week and this week i didn't lose anything. I didn't gain which was great, but i still didn't have a loss. So this should kick the fat loss into gear again this coming week because of what i'm not eating versus the good whole foods i will be eating.

(i'm just excited to not have to count calories anymore lol)

I mean, you have to do what you feel is right for you. :)

SMSDREAMER2007
09-22-2012, 12:21 AM
It sounds amazing and I would LOVE to try it, but with the aforementioned exceptions LMAO if it would work like that it would be AMAZING. I'm honestly debating just cutting grain out of my diet completely after this thing of sandwich thins is gone, it doesn't do a whole lot for me:\ Only thing is I LOOOVEEE tacos AHAH taco salads just arent the same to me :\

MizMelis
09-22-2012, 07:21 AM
You know, I think if you wanted to create your own version of the Paleo with the exceptions like Tofu and soy milk,that you should absolutely go ahead and try :) Cutting out grain has been a bit hard, especially when i was so used to having bread every morning with breakfast, but i know it's all for the best lol

So today i'm making Brazilian Curry Chicken and Ropa Vieja with cuban styled "rice", unfortunately i don't have enough chicken for anything else lol.
Also, I think a nap is in order today lol

SMSDREAMER2007
09-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Hmm good idea, I might. By the way, Love the new pro pic ;) anywho gotta run, driving practice time test in 2 days YIKES.

Just poppin in to say haaaiiiiii

MizMelis
09-22-2012, 06:00 PM
It doesn't hurt to try :) Awe thanks ! I took that the night before last.
Day 2 of Paleo has gone even better then yesterday, I didn't get a chance to make the dishes i planed on, My nap lasted much longer then i expected lol.
But i did make Pan seared salmon with sauted veggies with some Paleo friendly Hollandaise sauce (made with coconut oil and not butter), Seriously the best thing i ever ate lol.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-22-2012, 07:49 PM
I saw that on your blog and it looked super yummy. Another problem I have is that I don't like coconut...I know I keep coming up with excuses UGH. Have you ever heard of anything else being used instead of coconut oil?? I really am interested I just am not sure how it would fit into my life specially with my pcos.

MizMelis
09-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Any kind of animal fat, like Bacon fat, Olive oil, some butter is ok, but i prefer coconut oil. The coconut oil i use (spectrum) doesn't even smell like coconuts, and you can't even taste it in the Hollandaise sauce, or in the veggies/fish.

Some brands will smell and taste like it, and others wont. I don't know why though lol The only recipe I have (so far) that you can really taste the coconut in, is the pumpkin soup because of the use of coconut milk.

But you definitely should google, like Marks Daily Apple, he uses butter in his recipes, but it's still Paleo. It's just my own personal preference to cut out all dairy including butter lol.

SMSDREAMER2007
09-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Sweet! Thanks.

2times2much
09-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Vacation was fun, now I've got to find that wagon I fell off!

Paleo isn't for me. My big leap is not eating much bread, cereal, or grains.

Today I went to a produce auction. I bought 3 boxes of green beans! Also some Fall plants. It was fun--I'd like to go to another one. MM you would have loved it...pumpkins were 25 cents...but they had to be bought by the pallet!

MizMelis
09-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Yeah, Paleo isn't for everyone. It would have been day 7 today for me, but on Day 5 i crashed and gave in to my cravings, and then today i ended up buying a bottle of nestea. But I'm starting whole30(which is Paleo but slightly more stricter in terms of the best veggies/fruits and such to consume and there are some rules to whole 30, like no logging food ) on Monday, as well as starting the Race to 30, New Year Challenge on monday lol.
On whole 30, I'm technically not supposed to weight myself for the whole 30 days, but since i'm doing Race to 30, I have to weigh in every week. so not a huge deal on that. I'm really not going to worry about that rule lol.

I'm starting to prepare over this weekend by planning a whole month of meals and snacks, especially since thanksgiving is coming up real soon in about like a week and 1/2. So i'm planning out thanksgiving dinner with Turkey and all the "trimmings", except i can't have cranberry sauce(unless i find a Paleo version) and gravy since that always requires to use either flour or corn starch as a bit of a thickener . But i'll see what i can find. Apple and pumpkin pie are also out of the question since on whole 30, since Natural sugars(like honey and maple syrup) are restricted. lol

Whole 30 though is like a detox/reset kind of thing, so i'm pretty excited.

Mmmmm Pumpkins... awe 2Time, I have so many pumpkins here, i'm serious i think i have enough to last a year lol. I still have 5 in the garden that i have to pick fairly soon, probably in a couple of weeks or so. Last year when we planted pumpkins, we never got as many as we did this year. Last year we got like 3, and this year we had 9, and would have probably would have had more if i wouldn't have cut some of the blossoms off.

A produce auction sounds really fun, something i've never heard of before lol. I think i'd be in freaking heaven !

So, yeah lots of things are planned for the month of october, I'm getting a bit nervous about my birthday coming up in just over a month because my girlfriends and I are going out for dinner at my absolutely favorite Irish Pub restaurant and then out to the bar afterwards for some Karaoke. I'm trying to plan ahead for that too by looking at their menu on their website ahead of time and trying to decide what has the lowest calories and what would be the best choice.

I would normally get their mushroom and chicken fettuccine, but i'm not sure all that pasta would be a good choice. Plus i have to re-think drink choices because i would have normally drank beer and i know beer isn't a great choice.

MizMelis
10-05-2012, 09:17 PM
So, I hit a NSV today !!!!

I am now in the SMALLEST of the plus sizes. From a 2X down to just an X. That's 3 effin sizes !!!!

I bought my shirt for my birthday today, and i got so excited because i had tried on the 1X and it was too big lol So i put the X on, and I was just ecstatic ... and i didn't cry, like i normally do when i have to go shopping lol.

kmstacy
10-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Congrats! I know what you mean ..last week I bought size 22w jeans for the first time in over 16 years..I wore a size 28w back in May..I think I may actually start to like shopping lol !

MizMelis
10-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Congrats Stacy !! That's really awesome !
Back in august, I got out of the plus sized jeans and into the largest regular sized. I was sooo happy.(and happy that i kept all my old small jeans ranging from 11 to 15 lol)
I also splurged and bought myself a gorgeous bracelet. Though i'm trying to fix it since it had elastic keeping it together. So i'm fixing it with metal hoops and lobster claw closures. (it looks much more classy then elastic lol)

Chewysmom56
10-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Well thought I'd check in .....I did pretty good this week until tonight. We had so many errands to run and the hubby wanted to go to the high school football game... it's been a hard week...,concerning family, I'll need to travel to Calif for a week in a couple of weeks. I didnt get to do my exercise today and I usually take the weekends off but I plan on making up tomorrow what I missed today. Eating wise started good today but ended badly. I'll get back into tomorrow. I'm so angry with myself truthfully I can't wait until it starts raining so everything will just go away.....

MizMelis
10-06-2012, 12:31 PM
awe Chewy. We all have our bad days/week. But luckily today is a new day :)
You'll get through it :)

Today i slept in wayyy too late.(as in only getting up at quarter to 1 in the afternoon lol). However, I'm making a huge pot of Jambalaya today, Sooo yummy.

2times2much
10-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Just another 5 pounds to be 1/2 way to end GOAL! :carrot:

I'm back on track for this month.

I got the next jean size down, 18, and was so surprised that they ZIPPED! I'm not ready to wear them yet--but I was really liking the thought of that size--I haven't seen it in 20 years! I wanted to have a pair of "goal" pants for vacation next month.

MizMelis
10-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Congrats 2times !! That's awesome news !!

I'm also getting close to my next size down. I'm aiming to get down to a 13 by New Years, which is in another 35 lbs. which will also happen to give me a total loss of 80 lbs :)

2times2much
10-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Wow! MM, that would be awesome. Last time I was in a size 13 pants... college! Many moons ago... Are you finding Paleo your style?

The no job deal is already causing some stress. It SHOULD be the OTHER way around--no job, no stress right?! UNLESS, you want to refinance your house, or pay bills! :no:

Today I didn't feel normal. Dizzy until afternoon. It wasn't due to lack of food--I ate plenty. Too many treats last night too. Oreo cookies got in my way!

For low cal "drinks" isn't vodka one of the best? Have it with diet soda or Crystal Light? I seldom drink out, and would just have a wine cooler. If I was planning a whole evening of indulging though, I might think it through a little more!

Hope you gals all have a good weekend!

MizMelis
10-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Paleo is definitely my style... when i'm not completely and utterly stressed out. I fell head first off the wagon this week.
Long story. but down in a nutshell, I'm still jobless and my mother informed me that even if i get a job i can't rely on her or my step-dad for drives(i live out in the country, 5 minutes from them). Then after spending countless hours on a budget, finding two apartments and realizing that if i stick with my budget (minus the 90 being spent on the day of my birthday) that I can, not only afford to move(to pay for the U-haul) but actually afford to live in the city as well. Therefore relying a lot less on my parents. I tried to explain to my mum and she acted like a child, took a tantrum , told me that they wont help me move and hung up on me. I haven't spoken to her since.

Living where i am was only supposed to be temporary. I don't own a car, or even have my license right now so, living here was ok at first, but now that I need to work and go back to school next fall, the next step is to move back into town.

Weekend is going well so far, I'm doing a bit of premature packing(or at least until i run out of boxes lol) of things i know i wont need or use in the next month and half.

here's hoping for a Dec 1st move :)