Weight Loss Support - Um...measurements.

View Full Version : Um...measurements.

mimsyborogoves
08-21-2012, 10:29 AM
So since I got a new weight today, I took my measurements. I do this every time I get a new weight, and some in between, and I've been noticing something here lately. Awhile back, I took my hip measurement and got 42", well now it's back up to 43". My bust measurement has gone back up too; back up to 40. My waist hasn't really changed at all. Is this my body redistributing itself? Talk about an hourglass figure, though! Haha!

gailr42
08-21-2012, 11:41 AM
I don't have any explanation for your measurements, but it looks like you are doing really well - only 18 lbs to go is terrific. I am a couple of inches shorter than you, but want to loose the same amount of weight. You are way ahead of me. Way to go!

SerenityDiva
08-21-2012, 12:40 PM
I dunno, could be fluid retention, which is what I'd think unless it doesn't change. I know the heat of the summer causes people to retain. But in my opinion you're looking marvelous anyway :)

Arctic Mama
08-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Small changes like that are often either bloating or simple measurement error. Pictures are generally a better way to tell, especially in the same clothing or location, so you can you the space around your body or fit of the clothing as a guide.

DietVet
08-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, it's pretty easy to mismeasure. One day you pull tight, another you leave it a little loser, or etc. Keep on trucking, and congrats on breaking the 180 barrier!

PinkLotus
08-21-2012, 01:45 PM
The same thing happens to me. I tell myself I'm just measuring wrong (maybe not exactly in the same place) but it really does a number on my self esteem.

Dottington
08-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Its very possible you are mismeasuring as others have stated. Its very difficult to measure ourselves precisely and the same way every time. Also, I know around TOM by chest and hips blow up so it could possibly be that too!

kelly315
08-21-2012, 03:07 PM
I've noticed my measurements change depending on what time of day I take them- they can also be kind of imprecise, because sometimes you might hold it slightly tighter or in a slightly different spot.

Also, water weight will increase your measurements, but it's not too much to worry about. Any chance you're building muscle as well?